J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
venkat_r
BRFite

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by venkat_r »

Not sure how much, but this is news in the right direction

50 K jobs
4 medical colleges
New reservations for parliamentary seats
.. more to come I guess
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The presumption that "KMs Hate India" is untested.
ANY red-blooded, methane-fa*ting citizen of a Free Democracy takes great pride in dissing the Guvrmand. This is the whole basis of democracy. If you stick a mike under their noses they will vent. And in that venting they will blame the nation, the tribe, the race, the air, the water...

This does not mean that in calm private reflection they would choose to leave the nation.
Let me give one statistic: AFAIK, many of the "refugees" from INDIA that are washing up at the US southern border are from Poonjab. Sikhs. In 2019!!!! Why is this so? Per our resident expert Poonjab is rich beyond belief and highly admired in India. These ppl are apparently seeking refugee status citing Persecution As My-Nawrities etc.

Next is probably ppl from Andhra/Telangana but they have Seen Da Lite etc. and claim yindoo persecution of -guess-who - Mynawrities. The Sikhs are not converted (I hope!) just claim to be Persecuted period.
So if KMs are given exit clearance (er.... I believe India still requires positive exit clearance to exit, it is not presumed) they will go claim refugee status also citing Persecution. Unfortunately, I think they would already be on the US and other countries' lists.

So I believe most will just stay in KV and scratch their behinds. Once the microphones stop appearing so will their "anti-Indianess" and "Azadi" zeal.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

jaysimha wrote:they may be paki news papers. we know they have army's gun on their head.
but still
they have courage, write and show truth. Some time back, some of biggest achievement nda were in pak newspapers...

where as, our media who have sold themselves
To belittle Frump may also be the motive. First day itself Hamid Mir has stated that Modi has slapped Frump across the face. Not very different from that line of thought.
Last edited by pankajs on 31 Aug 2019 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CRamS wrote:
Kashi wrote: Perhaps in your dhoti shivering dreams. In the real world, there are many other fish to fry.
Do you and Pankaj types wait with bots or something to see any post from me and then pounce on it like a wolf :-).

If you think so called 'international community' is not mediating behind the scenes, I can't help your delusion. I don't have a problem with it provided India's core interests are not compromised.
Just like India mediated between Iran and US on Chaabhar? Perhaps.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Day 25 over. Situation NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMAAAAAAAAAAAL onlee.
Whining getting louder though.
Im the Dim threatens "Direct Military Confrontation".
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Pukis are more stupid than I thought. Their shrill hyperbole and nuclear jihad threat will only land them deeper in the hole they are already in. Seems like Im the Dim has no idea what awaits him at the end of this long rope that India is giving him.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

venkat_r wrote:Not sure how much, but this is news in the right direction

50 K jobs
4 medical colleges
New reservations for parliamentary seats
.. more to come I guess
This is spin.

This not US support but opinion of an American veteran.

Also, wanted to make another point that has been bothering me for about a week now. It is talked about in this video and has been taken as truth on this forum too without much research i.e. Gilgit-Baltisthan will provide us a route to Afghanistan and that would allow us to deploy substantial troops there.

A quick peek at the map make me think that the terrain is highly hostile for any major pathway. Perhaps a route as dicey as one between Himachal and Ladhak but not much better.

Hopefully anyone who has studied the issues will enlighten us.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

UlanBatori wrote:Day 25 over. Situation NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMAAAAAAAAAAAL onlee.
Whining getting louder though.
Im the Dim threatens "Direct Military Confrontation".
Another Fridin passed off naaarmaaally?
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Gilgit-Baltisthan will provide us a route to Afghanistan and that would allow us to deploy substantial troops there.
Well, it will not provide a route to Afghanistan, but it will remove Pakis having a shared border with the Chinese and it surely will open up another front to threaten the illegal Chinese road in Aksai Chin. So surely Chinese will not like it to be part of India.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

But the cruel yindoos have done the Unthinkable again:
1) Banned the massive fridin exhortation to bus-burning
2) Banned buses from the whole place.

What is the good momeen to burn on a fridin afternoon hain? Hain? :((
I predict that the next BeBeeSee/ SeeEnnEnn Mukhtar Amhemt :(( :(( is going to be about this atrocious denial of Relijjus Phreedom to burn buses.
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

williams wrote:
Well, it will not provide a route to Afghanistan, but it will remove Pakis having a shared border with the Chinese and it surely will open up another front to threaten the illegal Chinese road in Aksai Chin. So surely Chinese will not like it to be part of India.
Yes cutting off Chinese and Paki link would be of some benefit to India, but there are couple of more points
1. Monitor and control access to CPEC or transit into Afghanistan
2. Icing on the cake would be direct route if possible

It both might be long shots from now and the trial baloon is that see if someone bites. Tough to see if Any takers for this in India for now, as they would not want to touch this with a pole for a few years. baloochistan might be an easier sell.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

venkat_r wrote:
williams wrote:
Yes cutting off Chinese and Paki link would be of some benefit to India, but there are couple of more points

It both might be long shots from now and the trial baloon is that see if someone bites. Tough to see if Any takers for this in India for now, as they would not want to touch this with a pole for a few years. baloochistan might be an easier sell.
A direct route to Afghanistan would mean tunneling for the most part, Elon Musk with his new age TBM which is both efficient and faster aims to reduce the time and cost, not that its rocket science but then he's actually doing it and he spawned a China subsidiary of his boring company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borin ... g_machines

India would have to at least study the alignment using sat images for such an endeavor as the tech would become mainstream.
pandyan
BRFite

Post by pandyan »

A_Gupta wrote:Abhijit Iyer-Mitra
https://theprint.in/opinion/demonetisat ... ep/283642/
Demonetisation, GST, now Kashmir. Modi govt doesn’t think beyond the first step
AIM - has onlee one BMW :((
Modi - has 3 BMW 7s. So, Modi knows better
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

vasu raya wrote: A direct route to Afghanistan would mean tunneling for the most part, Elon Musk with his new age TBM which is both efficient and faster aims to reduce the time and cost, not that its rocket science but then he's actually doing it and he spawned a China subsidiary of his boring company.
Fabulous! One problem is that Himalayas are notoriously unstable, maybe heavily fractured rock and rubble heaped up. I wonder if that is not similar to Sierra Nevada which must also have been generated by tectonic plate-crushing. There is the Salang tunnel in north Afghanistan.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"News" about Cash More appears to have degenerated into showing Karachi yahoos burning effigies and BBC whining about "torture" of stone-throwing terrorists. Both are to be applauded I mean: Karachi should fry and stone-throwers should get a taste of love. Been going on for too long.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Calling for some Air Support Please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRENlRFBUQ

Paki-rich environment. Can't miss if you fire.
Also discovered that it is a great place to praise the British, with eyeballs provided courtesy of BeeBeeSee. Sort of an impromptu History of British Torture Against Pakis thread. Win-win. :mrgreen:
Imagine a PeeAref like in 1999, with no mods/Bredators, free-fire zone with abundant paki targets.
Then again, they HAVE to ban postors like urs truly. :((
cbelwal

Post by cbelwal »

BBC PsyOps is on overdrive. Even if the story is true, if these men were not throwing stones at the instructions of their bosses in Pakistan, they would not have been picked up the police. Sadly 3rd degree is common in both India and Pakistan.

If Pakistanis are jumping over this video in any SM site please share the following videos in your SM sites showing the brutality of Pakistani police and army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GQn2PvEU1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t2ktJI8Uog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJy4u-wbmSg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2b1yjI5-24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eJLV7Fb26c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-POAwrLLea8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP8NA698R14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3breNc_hc-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnXvSIN376A
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hain ji, pls vijit above and contribute to educating Pakis about how the BRITISH treat them. Target here is Beeb, who cares about Pakis? :mrgreen:
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

my frnd from Dal lake, Srinagar tells me, the shops are being prevented from opening by the militants as a way to increase hardship for ordinary citizens. people are taking sugar, spices, pulses from city to the villages. private vehicles are running normally though traffic is thin. they are getting some tourists and there is mad rush among the houseboat owners to catch them and drive them to their houseboats. the shops in the dal lake are opening normally. actually the dal lake has its own ecosystem quite different from the mainland.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

manjgu wrote:my frnd from Dal lake, Srinagar tells me, the shops are being prevented from opening by the militants as a way to increase hardship for ordinary citizens. people are taking sugar, spices, pulses from city to the villages. private vehicles are running normally though traffic is thin. they are getting some tourists and there is mad rush among the houseboat owners to catch them and drive them to their houseboats. the shops in the dal lake are opening normally. actually the dal lake has its own ecosystem quite different from the mainland.
How many terrorists are there ? Are they pakis or locals?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vasu raya wrote:
venkat_r wrote:

A direct route to Afghanistan would mean tunneling for the most part, Elon Musk with his new age TBM which is both efficient and faster aims to reduce the time and cost, not that its rocket science but then he's actually doing it and he spawned a China subsidiary of his boring company.

India would have to at least study the alignment using sat images for such an endeavor as the tech would become mainstream.
this direct route to afghanistan obsession should be shelved for the time being and we should get on with more constructive and productive work to benefit the local Indian populace and their well being.

once we make some headway in setting things right in our own baliwick and provide employment to the multitudes of Indians who desperately want and need to work, only then should we venture in that particular direction.

our exports are anyway going on and any land route opened to the muslim majority areas of central asia works both ways and we may not be in a position to handle the reverse flow of traffic.

Indian labor in large numbers will neither go to central asia nor would they be welcome there.

Already we have a huge population of afghans in India who have landed up here under one pretext or the other and refuse to budge.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1167524769832374273
ANI @ANI

Australian High Commissioner to India Harinder Sidhu on abrogation of Article 370:Indian Govt says it's an internal matter of India. We respect Indian position on that. Australia's longheld view on Kashmir has been that the issue should be resolved bilaterally by India & Pakistan
Note what is "internal" matter of India and what is "bilateral" between India and Bakistan.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1167524769832374273
ANI @ANI

Australian High Commissioner to India Harinder Sidhu on abrogation of Article 370:Indian Govt says it's an internal matter of India. We respect Indian position on that. Australia's longheld view on Kashmir has been that the issue should be resolved bilaterally by India & Pakistan
Note what is "internal" matter of India and what is "bilateral" between India and Bakistan.

all these guys are merely mouthing platitudes and saying what they think that we want to hear.

none of them would really be able to explain exactly what they mean or understand by "what is "internal" matter of India and what is "bilateral" between India and Bakistan."

If they did they would not have people like graham staines and others running amok in India. Wasn't that a gross interference in the Internal affairs of India

sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander is never the same
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:
pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1167524769832374273

all these guys are merely mouthing platitudes and saying what they think that we want to hear.

none of them would really be able to explain exactly what they mean or understand by "what is "internal" matter of India and what is "bilateral" between India and Bakistan."
I wish they agreed with us on ALL important issues by "mouthing platitudes and saying what they think that we want to hear". I also wish similar "platitudes" where forthcoming from the rest of the world excepting Bakistan. I will take that any day.
chetak wrote:If they did they would not have people like graham staines and others running amok in India. Wasn't that a gross interference in the Internal affairs of India

sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander is never the same
Irrelevant to the subject under discussion.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/cove ... 2019-08-30
The Road to 'Naya Kashmir'
International leaders, including US President Donald Trump, were told firmly by Modi that Kashmir's status is India's internal matter, that its relations with Pakistan on the subject were a bilateral issue and that it would not entertain any international mediation.
For folks who cannot differentiate between what is "internal" to India and what is "bilateral" between India and Bakistan.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/cove ... 2019-08-30
International leaders, including US President Donald Trump, were told firmly by Modi that Kashmir's status is India's internal matter, that its relations with Pakistan on the subject were a bilateral issue and that it would not entertain any international mediation.
For folks who cannot differentiate between what is "internal" to India and what is "bilateral" between India and Bakistan.
don't delude yourself.

this is the only thing that matters to them and they will say anything to keep that going.

"To market, to market, to buy (or sell) a fat pig
Home again, home again, jiggety-jig"

barely a decade ago, these very same guys would have trashed us and tossed us into the garbage, figuratively speaking onlee.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

chetak wrote:all these guys are merely mouthing platitudes and saying what they think that we want to hear.
Better than mouthing some inane BS that will have CRamsJi launching into his hai-tauba mode. I find that the Aussie HC's statement exactly mirrors GoI and the nation's view on this- 370 internal matter, relations with Bakistan, bilateral matter. Full stop.

Now whether rest of the Aussie government share these views or not, is none of our concern. Not that it matters anyway.

I am surprised that Kanadians have not come out with a statement on this, or have I missed something?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kashi wrote:
chetak wrote:all these guys are merely mouthing platitudes and saying what they think that we want to hear.
Better than mouthing some inane BS that will have CRamsJi launching into his hai-tauba mode. I find that the Aussie HC's statement exactly mirrors GoI and the nation's view on this- 370 internal matter, relations with Bakistan, bilateral matter. Full stop.

Now whether rest of the Aussie government share these views or not, is none of our concern. Not that it matters anyway.

I am surprised that Kanadians have not come out with a statement on this, or have I missed something?
for many many decades, we have never been among the favourites in canberra and our mutual relationship has always been on the colder side.

that said, the aussie HC will never ever make a statement without it being cleared by their govt.

not much to choose between canada and australia.

The contemptuous behaviour of trudeau during his India visit said it all.

With India, the aussies are more circumspect these days because they have very much more to lose, especially with the hans looming large on their horizon and they will never break ranks with the amerikis and they have merely mirrored the ameriki position on cashmere.

they remain a vassal state.

First, a vassal of the britshits and now a vassal of the amerikis.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the terrorists are back again, begging for talks as usual.

the fear of the FATF seems to be haunting them and the hans in the background are pushing them so that they have direct access to the GoI thought process on this matter.

ANI Verified account @ANI 33m33 minutes ago

Pakistani media: "Pakistan ready for 'conditional' bilateral talks with India", says Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:
pankajs wrote:https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/cove ... 2019-08-30
don't delude yourself.

this is the only thing that matters to them and they will say anything to keep that going.

barely a decade ago, these very same guys would have trashed us and tossed us into the garbage, figuratively speaking onlee.
As I have stated before I am happy with "platitudes", in-fact I welcome them.

Comparison with the past is OK as it allows us to judge the progress since then. Delusional are folks who continue to live in the past and do not acknowledge the changes since then.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:
chetak wrote:
don't delude yourself.

As I have stated before I am happy with "platitudes", in-fact I welcome them.

Comparison with the past is OK as it allows us to judge the progress since then. Delusional are folks who continue to live in the past and do not acknowledge the changes since then.
whiteys rarely make a systemic change, they may adapt to changing situations because it suits them at that point but their core ideology of superiority remains.

the past, as a teacher for forecasting and derisking future behaviour, is unparalleled and woe betide those who ignore it.

BTW, in the lessons learned dept, prithviraj would surely advise against ignoring the past.

He bet his head against it and lost as did indeed the whole of Bharatvarsh and in more ways than one.

as the russians say: Доверяй, но проверяй

Trust, but verify.

my last.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Art 370 is Internal Matter: Apples to Liberated J&K. The 'Roos
endorse India's position on that
PORK is bilateral matter to be resolved by driving Pakis out of PORK. The 'roos endorse India's position on that too.
The HC/'roo phoren daphtar chose words very carefully. I think Pakis by their pakiness have very clearly demonstated how they are different from Indians, in 'roostan. 'Roos see what is happening to Bilayat and don't want their land taken over by the Ummah as well.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

chetak wrote: this direct route to afghanistan obsession should be shelved for the time being and we should get on with more constructive and productive work to benefit the local Indian populace and their well being.

once we make some headway in setting things right in our own baliwick and provide employment to the multitudes of Indians who desperately want and need to work, only then should we venture in that particular direction.

our exports are anyway going on and any land route opened to the muslim majority areas of central asia works both ways and we may not be in a position to handle the reverse flow of traffic.

Indian labor in large numbers will neither go to central asia nor would they be welcome there.

Already we have a huge population of afghans in India who have landed up here under one pretext or the other and refuse to budge.
Regarding funds, you are quite right, there are many other priorities within India. However, developing the road network near the China border was much delayed with the same fears as a Chinese invasion. Now we are connecting the NE states rail network to Burma and all these are long lead time projects. Same with dam projects that can be used to control the flow of rivers that are part of IWT. Political will cannot be expected to be ground reality just on a whim.

Here US wants a trustable local deputy,
Subramanian Swamy has ‘solid hint’ of biggest help coming India’s way in taking back PoK
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Atleast one aspect of Pakistan's gameplan is becoming obvious. Methinks they want to prolong this state of security clampdown for as long as possible, and prolong it to the max. And while this is on, they can talk about the atrocities and excesses. If this state of curfew goes on for months (say 8 months) more people will start to take notice, even pro-370 people within India. I think (purely my thought) that Pakistan is trying its best to use its terrorists and stone-throwers to create public violence where curfew is relaxed, and the forces are forced to bring it back. Clearly, GOI wants to withdraw forces early (tomorrow, if the situation permitted) and Pakistan and its terrorist sympathizers will work to do the opposite. This is an effective approach for them, all they need is 5 to 10 stone throwers in a market area, or 1-2 militant gunmen in a street to shut down all normal activity and bring back curfew. This strategy is sustainable long-term, they need very few people to create the trouble and plenty of stone-throwers around.

Not sure what the solution is...maybe the Punjab solution. As far as I know, the security apparatus has to be even more targetted about catching the trouble-makers (this will be like catching 1 person out of 100) and keeping them in. This probably means more boots on the ground- to keep things manageable. Fewer than the required forces means the police/CRPF have to resort to a broad-sword tactics to deal with the stone-throwers/militants/people creating public disorder (as opposed to targetting specific people, either on the street, or after the fact) and genuine innocents get caught in the middle. The only thing in this scenario that works in favor of GOI is that now the troublemakers' activities are hurting their fellow Kashmiris, and at some point some minds will change among them.
Last edited by SriKumar on 31 Aug 2019 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

If this state of curfew goes on for months (say 8 months) more people will start to take notice, even pro-370 people within India.
Approaching one month, the mobile/internet cut-off is already drawing a lot of unfavorable attention.
Provisions like "no congregations on public roads of more than 4 people" are less onerous.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Isn't there a way to have Big Brother watch all internet access I wonder? I thought they already had that. Basically anything cross-border should be shut down for these areas. Doesn't cheen already enforce such a ban? Try emailing someone in Uighuristan for instance.. Or outgoing email from Uighuristan.

Say that that all restrictions are withdrawn, but hand over complaints "response" to IndusIndb Bank "Customer Service" (toxy-moron). They will mark all problems as "Resolved" and ask the KVM to fill in the Satisfaction Survey. And then mark the surveys as 400% Extremely Satisfied. All happy.

OTOH, look at the videos shot and posted by "VOA" (CIA) on YouTube. :LOL Taken from BEHIND stone-throwers, shows them throwing stones as well as their faces. 100% proof of guilt, usable in court. Now Raa can come in and vijit Imran, Ehsan, Abdul etc at home and escort them to soccer practice at HQ. These pakis are soooo smart.

BTW, if you want a whole historical thread on British atrocities against Malaya, Iraquis, and most of all, Pakis, as well as Pakis' exemplary record in UQ, please vijit the YouTube posting of "BeeBeeSeeInvestigation Uncovers IA Atrocities" etc. :mrgreen:
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Talking about videos and atrocities, I remember clearly there was a video where PAkistani soldiers shot and killed adolescents male teen agers, school-going age, execution style, somewhere in Afghanistan- near the border I think. The executed were supposedly Taliban, but very young. The video showed before and after (the dead bodies etc.) and not the actual firing. I think some were shot again on the ground, just to make sure. It is about 12-13 years ago. Did a search yesterday and could not find it on youtube. I am reasonably sure I am recollecting right.

(The BBC video released yesterday, posted on this thead, suggests that the smart phones are being taken across the border manually, or handed over to the 'reporters')
Last edited by SriKumar on 31 Aug 2019 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OT, but see like-minded protestors in Paris. Great place to send the KV stone-throwers.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

If India re-attaches Gilgit-Baltistan to gain access to Wakhan corridor, the best route to Afghanistan will actually not be along the ridge line of the Wakhan area ranges, but actually to punch through (with tunnels/viaducts) across the corridor into Tajikistan, and then use any of the entry points back into Afghanistan.