Anti-India Politicians in the United States & UK

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Anti-India Politicians in the United States & UK

Post by Rudradev »

I am starting this thread to document the names and words of United States Congress Representatives who have issued public statements in line with Pakistani propaganda vis-a-vis the abrogation of Article 370.

I would also like us to record here the name of every Presidential or Senatorial Candidate who makes any such public statement.

I do not want these names to get lost in the clutter of the "Understanding US" or "India-US Relations" threads. In fact, I would request Admins to Sticky it.

It is my hope that we will do everything possible to ensure that these individuals lose their bids for election in November 2020.

So far I have:

Ilhan Omar Democrat, Minnesota 5th District
@IlhanMN
We should be calling for an immediate restoration of communication; respect for human rights, democratic norms, and religious freedom; and de-escalation in Kashmir.

International organizations should be allowed to fully document what is happening on the ground.
Rep. Pramila Jayapal Democrat, Washington 7th District
@RepJayapal
Deeply troubled by reports of Indian Govt's arrests of 2,000 in Kashmir. This on top of reported plans for large-scale gov't detention camps for Muslims. Using fear & hyper-patriotism to suppress dissent is as detrimental in India as it is America. (1/2) https://nyti.ms/30rhQzY
Rep. Don Beyer Democrat, Virginia 8th District
@RepDonBeyer
Very concerned about the situation in Kashmir, particularly the ongoing communications blackout. Have heard from constituents cut off from their families who are worried about what will happen to them. Despite the blackout, the world is watching. (Link to NYTimes propaganda piece follows).

Ted Lieu Democrat, California 33rd District
@tedlieu
I am also hearing from constituents who cannot contact family members in Kashmir & have no idea if they're safe. Democracies like India should not be engaging in a communications blackout that has lasted over three weeks. We need de-escalation, not the hiding of what's happening. (Comment with retweet of @RepDonBeyer tweet above).
Please add to this list.

It is my understanding that Ro Khanna @RepRoKhanna, Democrat, California 17th District had initially made some kind of pro-Pakistan statement on the issue but has since walked it back, publicly affirming that he considers Kashmir an internal matter of India. Let's watch how his position evolves in future.
Last edited by ramana on 05 Sep 2019 01:56, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added UK to the title. ramana
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Re: Anti-India Politicians in the United States

Post by Rudradev »

One more. Saira Rao, a Democratic primary candidate for US Congress from Colorado 1st District (but thankfully not a member of Congress yet.)

Lots and lots of hateful tweets about Kashmir, including:

saira rao
@sairasameerarao
Good night to Kashmir. We are with you. You have not been forgotten. Shame on you India. Shame on you Modi.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

A goo initiative, but why limit this to United States? It would be useful to document anti-India politicos in other G7/G20 countries as well. There are a host of them in Canada and the UK.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

No issues, I just request that separate and dedicated threads be created for each country. These threads are intended to collate actionable information in an easily accessible manner so that PIOs/NRIs in the respective countries can organize accordingly. Having as little clutter as possible makes the task easier.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Erst while secretary of state John F Kerry, he was key person
//'in declaring the administration's intent to push forward with the F16 sales despite India's protests -- including Foreign Secretary Dr S Jaishankar summoning US Ambassador to India Richard Verma and expressing New Delhi's deep disappointment over Washington's decision -- argued that these fighter aircraft 'have been a critical part of the Pakistani fight against the terrorists in the western part of that country, and have been effective in that fight.'//
from https://www.rediff.com/news/report/desp ... 160311.htm
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

RDji i am doing search, but folks more familiar with US politics can comment more on this..

US Senator Lindsey Graham
//“Prime Minister [Imran] Khan was criticised over the decades…for talking about reconciling with the Taliban – he was right! One thing I would say is that the war in Afghanistan will end through reconciliation//
https://eurasiafuture.com/2019/01/21/im ... s-senator/
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Another idea would be to look into voting patterns on pakistani aid in past....
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Rep Andy Levin, 9th district, Michigan.
https://twitter.com/repandylevin/status ... 62304?s=21
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

A_Gupta wrote:Rep Andy Levin, 9th district, Michigan.
Some of these politicians are anti Israel as well, it may be worthwhile to see what the anti-defamation league has to say about them.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Mort Walker wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:Rep Andy Levin, 9th district, Michigan.
Some of these politicians are anti Israel as well, it may be worthwhile to see what the anti-defamation league has to say about them.
Well, Andy Levin is Jewish.
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jewish- ... palestine/
Andy Levin and I have something in common that probably sets us apart from most other Jews in metro Detroit: While at least a handful of people from our community have enlisted in the Israeli military, Levin and I bear the distinction of both having been tear gassed by Israeli forces......

Despite our mutual experience with Israeli irritants, Levin appeared very hesitant about criticizing Israel when I interviewed him at length a few weeks ago. Levin repeatedly turned the discussion away from Israeli human rights abuses and spoke instead of his record fighting for human rights in other places.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^I know. How does Levin make such statements about India? Getting Michigan Muslim vote on the back of Indians?
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Here is the problem.. Khalistanis are organized, Islamists are organized, Hindus.. not so much!

At most, we have some people willing to write the max allowed donation checks. But we cant cause any negative outcomes for these politicos. The other groups (with their voting in primaries, with their 'legwork' can!

Then, there is the work on opinion gatekeepers such as wapo/nyt. This time, even the WSJ had negative coverage of India! NYT carried a pakistani pov as an edit with no Indian pov to counter it! So there is the govts. complete absence from the propaganda game while Pakistanis have these reporters eating out of their hands.

Like it or not, these opinion gatekeepers influence public opinion in the US. Which is then reflected in the stances taken by individual law makers.

Finally, in the ultimate calculation, these public stances are not likely to translate into policy stance up until the point a threshold of consensus is reached. So it doesnt really matter much, other than causing a terrible upset to law abiding, tax paying hindu citizens/residents who feel they have been subject to religious slander and racism for no good reason.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

We are not in 1965 anymore -- USA has very little on Indian policy especially with regard to Kashmir.

And there is a major difference between a person mouthing some anti-India statement and a political party actively engaged in breaking India.

We all know that the Evangelicals who are prosletyzing all over India control the GOP. Back in the days prior to 9/11, these elements in the GOP (i.e., Dan Burton) literally read speeches in the House that were written by the ISI. It was this wing of the party that denied Modi a visa to the USA.

These are true enemies of India in the USA.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Ted Lieu in CA has branded himself as a long-time supporter of gay rights. His pro-valleypaki stance betrays that brand, since one of the benefits of bringing JnK into mainstream is that changes in Indian law decriminalizing homosexuality will now apply to gay KV Muslims.

There hasn't been one yet, but look for the first AfAm congressperson to land on the valleypaki side. My money is on Barbara Lee of Oakland/Berkeley, a longtime liberal icon. "They" are working her staff as we speak, I have no doubt.

The term "anti-Indian" is somewhat misleading and obscures the actual dynamics IMO. Unless they are on the India Caucus or something, Congress members have no expertise on India. Or they actually have bad information & expertise. They rely on staff recommendations. It is fairly easy for a valleypaki lobbyist to get in a room with a congressional staffer--especially if the hook is a "constituent services" request to which they are bound to assign a staffer to handle. Ted Lieu has tweeted that he got several such requests from constituents who are worried about their relatives in valleypak.

From there on it is fairly easy, if one is personable and articulate, to make one's case and and get the Congress member on your side. Keep in mind that there are multiple "requests" from one side, and probably nothing on the countervailing side--you can't complain to the congressman that phones and internet are working in 85% of JnK.

All this, in a backdrop where majority of Indian-Americans are surely on the "Fascist Mudi is eating muzlim babies" team. Especially true of Gen 2 Indians who are more liberal (US style), more active, and not blessed with thick accents.

Overall, if you want to build political support in US for India, you have to ne prepared to slog long and patiently.

Best-case educable scenario in communicating: stress relentlessly on public safety, militant war against equality, trying to not use deadly force as an alternative to current measures, approval & understanding of all but a sect of Muslims in the Valley, who engaged in violent ethnic cleansing of Kashmir aborigines / natives.

Don't come across as anti-Muslim. Don't do main-main tu-tu counterattacking. Don't bother with Pakistan (that'll be another thing for the reader / listener to grasp).

Keep in mind you are communicating not with the Congress member but with a staffer or intern, very likely young and ignorant.

And avoid the urge to jump on the Republican side (unless your rep is a republican, would be unlikely that the Ts will be chiming in, though). A. They are not friends to Yindoos, and B. You will lose the mass of Indo-amrikis who are standard-package liberals.

It's tempting to think, we'll target these guys in elections, but that's not necessarily the option that gives the best results for the bucks.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 30 Aug 2019 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Chinmay
BRFite

Post by Chinmay »

Ro Khanna

https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1167100607230042113
Ro Khanna
@RoKhanna
Replying to
@FriedrichPieter
Important article. It’s the duty of every American politician of Hindu faith to stand for pluralism, reject Hindutva, and speak for equal rights for Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhist & Christians. That is the vision of India my grandfather Amarnath Vidyalankar fought for.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Chinmay wrote:Ro Khanna

Ro Khanna
@RoKhanna
Replying to
@FriedrichPieter
Important article. It’s the duty of every American politician of Hindu faith to stand for pluralism, reject Hindutva, and speak for equal rights for Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhist & Christians. That is the vision of India my grandfather Amarnath Vidyalankar fought for.
Unfortunate but not surprising when I think about it. Khanna is from SiValley which is dominated by boilerplate package-deal liberals.

Expect more "dominos" to fall in coming days, paki chest-thumping, and Indian rona-dhona. Supreme Court case in October will be affected, since judges "read the papers like everyone else " and they have SiValley kids like everyone else.
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

Senator Ed Markey from MA

https://www.markey.senate.gov/news/pres ... ticipation

Below is a statement from Senator Markey:

“Today, the Nuclear Supplier Group reaffirmed its strong support for the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty by refraining from admitting India. The Nuclear Supplier Group was founded in response to India’s 1974 nuclear test, and it has worked for decades to prevent the sharing of technology that could contribute to the further spread of nuclear weapons. If India joined the Nuclear Supplier Group, it would be the only participating government in the organization that was not a party to the NPT, weakening the NSG’s commitment to the treaty. By refraining from admitting India, the NSG strengthened both the treaty and the broader global nonproliferation regime.”
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

komal wrote:We are not in 1965 anymore -- USA has very little on Indian policy especially with regard to Kashmir.

And there is a major difference between a person mouthing some anti-India statement and a political party actively engaged in breaking India.

We all know that the Evangelicals who are prosletyzing all over India control the GOP. Back in the days prior to 9/11, these elements in the GOP (i.e., Dan Burton) literally read speeches in the House that were written by the ISI. It was this wing of the party that denied Modi a visa to the USA.

These are true enemies of India in the USA.
USA is highly leveraged than in 1965 to influence. In 1965 some crude India politician can override any influence on policy. Over decades they nurtured enough agents to fight for them in India. Even recent China is example of their influence to start revolutions.

Coming to the topic, Barabara Boxer, ex-Senator from California, had a lot of Chinese lobby which apparently moved to Kamal Harris. Senator Harris should be in monitor for any anti-India overtures. She is likely to be in judiciary committee taking higher roles for next two decades till she retires. Her colleague from California is ranking member currently.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

sudeepj wrote:Then, there is the work on opinion gatekeepers such as wapo/nyt. This time, even the WSJ had negative coverage of India! NYT carried a pakistani pov as an edit with no Indian pov to counter it! So there is the govts. complete absence from the propaganda game while Pakistanis have these reporters eating out of their hands.
Per the "South Asian Expert" Michael Kugelman, Pakistan hired a big lobbying firm that helped get Im-the-Dim's articles placed in the newspapers.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Don't expect any Indian-origin politician to be pro-Hindutva. It is politically incorrect, unnecessary for them as they live in a different society and have a different voter base. As a minority they will always speak about things that concern them not what the majority in India thinks.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Mort Walker wrote:^^^I know. How does Levin make such statements about India? Getting Michigan Muslim vote on the back of Indians?
You get a gold star.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

I would remind these politicians, as Dick Cheney succinctly put it, the Indian community in the US is well-heeled, well-educated and they must be taken into consideration.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Supratik ji,

I'm not sure how true that is. Could you imagine after 9/11 (plus San Bernadino, Orlando, and other incidents)... not to speak of protracted US military conflicts against Al-Qaeda, ISIS, and Taliban... the state of affairs as it exists today? That being a loud and inveterate apologist for Islamism would become the "politically correct" stance among even a section of US politicians? That, after Pakistan has come to be perceived as synonymous with terrorism for two decades, so many would be willing to line up behind it and bash India?

Yet, that is exactly what CAIR has managed to achieve.

If Islamism can stage this sort of a public-perception coup, why NOT Hindutva? Especially given the economic differences between Hindu- and Muslim-Americans (as Mort-ji references above) and the practically zero threat Hindutva poses, vis-a-vis Islamism, to the United States?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

@Rudradev

The difference between Islamists and Hindus is intent. Not money. Not skills. Same with communists. And with Christians.

They want to own the world, and make everyone join their team. Hindus don't. They just want to be left alone, and make a noise whenever the interference gets to be too much to bear.

We know that the RSS bogeyman is nothing like Hitler looking for lebensraum. Whereas the other guys are the Star Trek Borg.
BSR Murthy
BRFite

Post by BSR Murthy »

Supratik wrote:Don't expect any Indian-origin politician to be pro-Hindutva. It is politically incorrect, unnecessary for them as they live in a different society and have a different voter base. As a minority they will always speak about things that concern them not what the majority in India thinks.
Very true. But, these guys hit the NRI circuit to raise contributions and sadly Indian-origin folk donate without strings for a photo op with the politician. The NRIs do not have the numbers concentrated in areas (with few exceptions) to affect the outcome and have no organization or strategy to use the political donations effectively. Ro Khanna's strong endorsement of the Pieter Friedrich guy's nonsensical article on Tulsi and lecturing American Hindu pols shows his true colors. Well, I don't know if his sharp criticism has anything to do with him joining the Pakistan Caucus in the US Congress recently.
More about PF who apparently is a Khalistani sympathizer:
https://girlygrrrl.com/2019/04/13/devel ... stani-ops/
https://www.hafsite.org/hindu-amerrican ... cal-donors

Edited language and a typo.
BSR
Last edited by BSR Murthy on 31 Aug 2019 12:40, edited 2 times in total.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

BSR Murthy wrote:
Supratik wrote:Don't expect any Indian-origin politician to be pro-Hindutva. It is politically incorrect, unnecessary for them as they live in a different society and have a different voter base. As a minority they will always speak about things that concern them not what the majority in India thinks.
Very true. But, these guys hit the NRI circuit to raise contributions and sadly Indian-origin folk donate without strings for a photo op with the politician. The NRIs do not have the numbers concentrated in areas (with few exceptions) to affect the outcome and have no organization or strategy to use the political donations effectively. Ro Khanna's strong endorsement of the Pieter Friedrich guy's BS article on Tulsi and lecturing American Hindu pols shows his true colors. What a piece of work!
More about this PF ass hat:
https://girlygrrrl.com/2019/04/13/devel ... stani-ops/
https://www.hafsite.org/hindu-amerrican ... cal-donors
The problem is, our diaspora in the US will never become like the Jewish one when it comes to politics and influencing USG policies. Most of our first gen Indian Americans (it is safe to say most posters on this thread are first-gen) have strong ties to the motherland and might feel this way, but the second generation onwards have less and less ties and attachments. This is not to say individual parents here and there do not try to instill a strong sense of identity in their kids, but we all know that they are a small minority, and a significant % only on BRF. That, coupled with a lack of formal community education like other communities have (Sunday school, Friday prayers for Muslims, etc.) ends up making them more individual oriented and forming relationships based on their friends circle, etc. Sort of like what kids do in India, and what we all have done when growing up. In fact, this is perhaps one reason why most parents don't bother going the extra mile to talk about Indic cultural values as they never got similar guidance from their own parents; but one crucial difference was they grew up in India, so they mostly didn't need it.

Add to this the so-called secular education they receive at school which still pretty much demonizes anything Hindu (we are the perpetual "other"), so these kids are forced to identify with the cultural mainstream of America and become a part of the melting pot. The leftist "acceptable" MSM like NYT, WoPo, CNN, etc. finish the job. All these Indian origin politicians throwing off their identity at the drop of a hat is a case in point. Ask around about these recent statements and you'll be met with a shrug from most Indian Americans, especially the younger ones.

Net net, these kids grow up well qualified and set to take on life's challenges as individuals (and take care of their immediate family) and will be productive citizens for their country (no doubt about that), but will not have any strong, maybe even negative, opinions about their ancestral land. Definitely not enough to do political lobbying for Indic causes.

At the end of the day, India will have to do her own lobbying at the global level. Being proudly Hindu and successful is the best way to go about it.

EDITED: fixed typo.
Last edited by arshyam on 31 Aug 2019 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Rudradev, I would suggest making this thread track not just anti-India, but pro-India politicians too. Their actions and their statements.

Reason: The political (and fund-raising) advantage derived by those siding with Indian POV is as important as punitive actions like boycott etc of the rabid and illogical types. Ultimately, all politicians want to win and they are looking for niches. It is our duty to flush them out from the paki-cockroach infested niches and dark corners, with visions of a stainless steel feeding bowl and a warm bed

Also, in general to all, please don’t go overboard with name calling and casual usage of slurs etc. This thread should be a referral thread outside BRF too and we can’t afford to share this thread to serious non-Indians, who are sympathetic to our causes, if it is petulant and teen angst ridden posts. List every stupid tweet and insensitive article here. And for tweets, please make sure you post the body or screenshot, because awkward tweets can easily “disappear”.

Added later: maybe a brief profile from an Indian POV with links to sources, of some of the politicians will be a good idea. If some of them turns corners, it could be identified if we have a date-defined snapshot. Will help us measure progress too
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Non-US politicos of significance who are anti-India

Starting with

Jeremy Corbyn
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status ... 60?lang=en
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Senator Bernie Sanders, Independent, running for the Democratic nomination for President of the US, at the Islamic Society of North America.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9W6lkIz8jU
From the auto-generated transcript, providing more than necessary so that context cannot be said to be missing:
China is engaged in a program of mass internment against Muslims in Xinjiang province my administration will work with our allies to let Beijing know thatabuse of Muslim citizens or any other group of people will damage its international and economic standing we will not stand by and allow that happen.

I am also deeply concerned about the situation in Kashmir we're the Indian government has revoked Kashmiri autonomy crackdown on dissent and instituted a communications blackout the crackdown in the name of security is also denying the Kashmiri people access to medical camp even many respected doctors in India have acknowledged that the Indian government imposed restrictions on travel or threatening a life-saving care that patients D India's action is unacceptable the communications blockade must be lifted immediately and the United States government must speak out boldly in support of international humanitarian law and its support and in support of a un-backed peaceful resolution that respects the will of the Kashmiri people

brothers and sisters as you well know the issues that we are dealing with around the world are complicated no one has any simple or magical answers but credible United States leadership is desperately needed one of the places where that leadership is most needed is to broker a lasting israeli-palestinian peace process I am I am a strong supporter of the right of Israel to exist in independence peace and security but I also believe I also believe that the United States needs to engage in an even-handed approach toward that long-standing conflict which results in ending the Israeli occupation and enabling the Palestinian people to have independence and self-determination in a sovereign independent economically viable state of their own in my view that end result would be in the best interests of Israel the Palestinian people the United States and the entire region right now in another area of conflicts - corrupts repressive and undemocratic regimes Iran and Saudi Arabia are competing for regional power one of their theaters of conflict is the horrific war in Yemen which is now the worst humanitarian catastrophe in the world today as you know the United States has been backing the brutal government of Saudi Arabia whose intervention in that civil war has led to this humanitarian crisis where millions are at risk of starvation in what could be the worst famine in modern history
PS: when any tragedy, such as the latest mass shooting occurs, and politicians want to say something but not actually do anything, they offer their "thoughts and prayers". In "American speak", the appropriate answer to such statements like the above is perhaps "we are glad for XXX's thoughts and prayers and with them, hope for peace in Kashmir".
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Chinmay wrote:Ro Khanna

Ro Khanna
@RoKhanna
Replying to
@FriedrichPieter
IIRC there are BRFites who have contributed/campaigned for this guy.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Bernie Sanders' Campaign Manager, Faiz Shakir, is a Pakistani.
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

I would suggest adding and updating the list of these politicians’ names to the original post by Rudradev Saar.
That would make it easier to copy and share across other social media outlets. I had a tough time compiling the list as I need to go through all the posts.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

vnms wrote:I would suggest adding and updating the list of these politicians’ names to the original post by Rudradev Saar.
That would make it easier to copy and share across other social media outlets. I had a tough time compiling the list as I need to go through all the posts.
+1
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

Ilhan Omar Democrat, Minnesota 5th District
@IlhanMN

Rep. Pramila Jayapal Democrat, Washington 7th District
@RepJayapal

Rep. Don Beyer Democrat, Virginia 8th District
@RepDonBeyer

Ted Lieu Democrat, California 33rd District
@tedlieu

Saira Rao, a Democratic primary candidate for US Congress from Colorado 1st District
@sairasameerarao

US Senator Lindsey Graham

Rep Andy Levin, 9th district, Michigan

Senator Ed Markey from MA

Ro Khanna from Silicon Valley

Senator Bernie Sanders
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Rudradev wrote:Bernie Sanders' Campaign Manager, Faiz Shakir, is a Pakistani.
Impeccable liberal credentials
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faiz_Shakir
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ArjunPandit wrote:
vnms wrote:I would suggest adding and updating the list of these politicians’ names to the original post by Rudradev Saar.
+1
Makes sense.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

I wonder if these anti Indian liberals can be confronted for supporting

Anti Gay
Anti Women

Movement by opposing Repeal of 35A/370. This will hurt their liberal platform
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Who is going to confront them and based on what data?

GOI has always had this weakness where they just left the loose ends hanging. Instead, they should have come up with a detailed presentation listing the "harmful" laws that were rendered defunct and "liberal" laws that flowed into J&K post the action on A.370/53A. They should have posted this presentation on a portal and send SMS and emails to everyone they could reach in India and abroad via the embassies. Rest the NRIs would have done.

Instead all the GOI after the masterful speech of Amit Shah in the parliament was talk of taking "vikas" to J&K. The gap between rhetoric and data is HUGE.

Bwt, NONE of them spoke against A.370/35A action but against the "communication blackout" which is true and there is no way to refute that.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

pankajs wrote: Bwt, NONE of them spoke against A.370/35A action but against the "communication blackout" which is true and there is no way to refute that.
Listen to a clip of the Bernie Sanders speech, it wasn't just condemning the blackout but read like one of Dimran's rants. Pretty bad and shocking, even if he was speaking at an Islamist organization that had previously funded Hamas and Jamaat e Islami (which should be a major red flag in itself) and had been deregistered as an NGO by Canada.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Gyan wrote:I wonder if these anti Indian liberals can be confronted for supporting

Anti Gay
Anti Women

Movement by opposing Repeal of 35A/370. This will hurt their liberal platform
That is exactly the line to shut them up.