India Border Watch: Security and Operations

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Re: India Border Watch: Security and Operations

Post by ArjunPandit »

50 Tochka with 5 platform in 7 days. 200 more Tochka with more 10 more platform in 30 days.

It is about new Fertilizer I purchase today for my Paddy field.

Old is gold.
https://twitter.com/bababanaras/status/ ... 0934770688

just came across this for tochka
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTR-21_Tochka

In the comparable missiles prahar is also mentioned. DG ISPR hope you've got your diapers on
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

Unconfirmed news but according to cryptic baba message :

for the first time Nag missile is used on the border with effective outcome.

May be some experts can dig more info. If it is true then it is a big news.

अर्ध-सन्यासी (Half Hermit)
@bababanaras
The snake has bitten the Markhor. Markhor died a painful death just before 45 minutes.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

Nag has been used before as per baba
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Baba' info: 2/5
Baba's pyops: 5/5
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

This Nag missile can only be fired from modified BMP 2 "Namica".

The other options still being developed is the helicopter mounted variant.

I understand that It is difficulty to position this BMP on LOC terrain (based on videos I see), and physically manhandling the 42 kg Missile will also be difficult.

More plausible will be use of Milan / Konkurs ATGMs, which also has an infantry variant consisting a common universal launcher (both the ATGMs can fire from same DRDO launcher), a 3 man crew and a more manageable 14.5 kg weight. This is man portable and can definitely be used on LOC, and also part of inventory of troops for some time.

So......maybe they are using ATGMs, which when flying look like a ' snake or nag" in a wavy wire guided path, but might not be actual use of the Nag missile on the LOC.

Not criticising banabanaras, only pointing out slight error.

I have been following his Twitter feed from February 2019.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Twitter feeds mentioning 155 mm guns in action..
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

baba banaras has really got under the skin of the pakis...now he reporting capture of some 4 PA posts... !!!
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

manjgu wrote:baba banaras has really got under the skin of the pakis...now he reporting capture of some 4 PA posts... !!!
He has since clarified that the pakistanis vacated the post and fled, and they are unmanned, that IA is not manning them
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

putnanja wrote:
manjgu wrote:baba banaras has really got under the skin of the pakis...now he reporting capture of some 4 PA posts... !!!
He has since clarified that the pakistanis vacated the post and fled, and they are unmanned, that IA is not manning them
IA needs to booby trap the hell out of those posts. Make the body count for recovering them horrendous.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Wolfpack071/status/ ... 5771237376
Wolfpack @Wolfpack071

Pak army X corps orders it's units in Neelum valley to increase reserve stocks of logistics and ammo as they will lose their supply routes/ lines of communications in case LoC becomes a battlezone.
Seems the bakis are expecting IA to cut off the supply line to Neelum valley if the LOC flares up, perhaps even of making a play for the control of the whole valley itself.
VikramA
BRFite

Post by VikramA »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/Wolfpack071/status/ ... 5771237376
Wolfpack @Wolfpack071

Pak army X corps orders it's units in Neelum valley to increase reserve stocks of logistics and ammo as they will lose their supply routes/ lines of communications in case LoC becomes a battlezone.
Seems the bakis are expecting IA to cut off the supply line to Neelum valley if the LOC flares up, perhaps even of making a play for the control of the whole valley itself.

So they just bought a lot their ammo in an area dominated by IA and within range of IA's 120 mm artillery forget 155mm bofors. Excellent news , looking forward to lots of ammo dumps blowing up in near future
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

i think as part of their chisel weakening strategy, we should make them bring out their capital intensive assets on ground..if chance comes take them out at the right moment.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Major ops underway in Rawalkot, engineered demonstrations carried out in PoK villages. Combing ops by RR in local villages since 1700 hrs.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Any update on these operations in Rawalkot?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

How my mind wishes this is the truth
https://twitter.com/bababanaras/status/ ... 86944?s=20

Were these the 2 Targets attacked at Muzaffarabad and Chakoti on 26 Feb 19 morning which nobody talks about. It would also explain Pakistan came with 11 PGM's next day.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Baba does have a point. Look at lat/long 34.06481, 73.85213. It is some kind of military installation within the national park. At those heights and in those mountains, no civilian will build a house or other structure along the ridge line, yet here it is.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

@bababanaras
5h5 hours ago
More
During the #OperationBandar Pakistani Air Defence Systems were biggest challange for IAF. The Airforce changed its strategy three days before the operation, in view of the potential threat. The order of targets changed again. It was decided to take a different route.

@bababanaras
5h5 hours ago
More
Pakistan deployed LY-80/HQ-16 ADS from 20 kilomitar northeast Peer Chanasi area near Muzaffarabad in no man zone at a strartegically important position of Pak Army.4 spice 2000 bomb dropped by 2 IAF's Mirage 2000 jets on installation. Target was completely destroyed.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Baba talks about 4 Sudarshan LGB being used on one of the targets by 2 M-2000.
Wasnt Sudarshan LGB scrapped after TD phase due to roll issues?
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

During the initial time when the strikes were announced, wasn't there mention of three targets hit? Later on it was changed to only Balakot if I remember correctly
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

sum wrote:Baba talks about 4 Sudarshan LGB being used on one of the targets by 2 M-2000.
Wasnt Sudarshan LGB scrapped after TD phase due to roll issues?
Not probable. Sudarshan was only tested on Jags.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

putnanja wrote:During the initial time when the strikes were announced, wasn't there mention of three targets hit? Later on it was changed to only Balakot if I remember correctly
IAF press release always mentioned 3 targets. No change. 1 at Balakot, 1 at Mazaffarad and 1 at Chakoti.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

putnanja wrote:During the initial time when the strikes were announced, wasn't there mention of three targets hit? Later on it was changed to only Balakot if I remember correctly
Yes I am quite sure there was mention of three targets..IIRC the balakot action was so eventful that captured all limelight.ramana and I had some brief exchange on twitter and may be here on this..but due to lack of any information that was left there only..with passage of time I getting quite sure that baba is not some fluke..it is a full psy ops handle that mixes fact and fiction...at the request of powers that be ..
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Aditya_V wrote:
IAF press release always mentioned 3 targets. No change. 1 at Balakot, 1 at Mazaffarad and 1 at Chakoti.
But didn’t IAF also these these were non military targets? That would contradict what baba is saying.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Jay wrote:But didn’t IAF also these these were non military targets? That would contradict what baba is saying.
I believe the MEA press release and statement stressed on the non-military aspect of Balakot strike. Not sure if other two targets were explicitly mentioned.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I stand corrected, MEA press realease called it a "NON MILTARY" strike at Balakot, all Press reports fed on IAF Sources on 26-Feb-19 morning said Balokot, Muzaffarabad and Chakoti. Asif Ghaffoora first tweet at about 4:00 AM PST was IAF Shallow intrusion at Muzaffarabad.

Plus PAf response on 27-Feb-19 morning with 11 very expensive PGM's, Hassan Siddiqui dying audio declaration on 27-Feb-19 morning they came to 350 IA personal. I think given what we know it is possible JEM was a side show and hit was done on the Paki miltary. JEM HQ will have some expensive communication equipment, a few retired ISI' wallahs and canon Fodder Jihadis. PAF could have just denied it and got away with it. And they would not have shut down airspace for 5 months, All thier Domestic flights from Karachi to Isloo and Lahore all took wide detours by going to the Afghan border, costing them far more than even overflight rights. In India no such thing happenned

Pakistan has to have lost some miltarily for them to do something on 27-Feb-19 overtly, rather than using "Non State Actors".

I think what Baba Banaras handle is putting out has an element of truth in it.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Hassan Siddiqui dying audio declaration on 27-Feb-19 morning they came to 350 IA personal.
What is this dying audio declaration? :-?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Aditya_V wrote:I stand corrected, MEA press realease called it a "NON MILTARY" strike at Balakot, all Press reports fed on IAF Sources on 26-Feb-19 morning said Balokot, Muzaffarabad and Chakoti. Asif Ghaffoora first tweet at about 4:00 AM PST was IAF Shallow intrusion at Muzaffarabad.

Plus PAf response on 27-Feb-19 morning with 11 very expensive PGM's, Hassan Siddiqui dying audio declaration on 27-Feb-19 morning they came to 350 IA personal. I think given what we know it is possible JEM was a side show and hit was done on the Paki miltary. JEM HQ will have some expensive communication equipment, a few retired ISI' wallahs and canon Fodder Jihadis. PAF could have just denied it and got away with it. And they would not have shut down airspace for 5 months, All thier Domestic flights from Karachi to Isloo and Lahore all took wide detours by going to the Afghan border, costing them far more than even overflight rights. In India no such thing happenned

Pakistan has to have lost some miltarily for them to do something on 27-Feb-19 overtly, rather than using "Non State Actors".

But baba talks about sudarshan? Have they been cleared for use ?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

It was on unspeakable forums etc and Paki websites, and was released on 27-Feb-19 attributed to Hassan Siquidui, who has not been seen since 27-Feb-19.
Regarding Sudarshan I really have no idea, what PGM the IAF had used - as per publicly available sources the programme had been shelved due to rolling issue, but everything around 26-Feb-19 and subsequent behavior of both sides indicates the Pakistani military paid a price for the Pulwama attack.
SidSoma
BRFite

Post by SidSoma »

Somehow there is the tactic of targeting an Airdefence site using Airpower. I have always wondered what was hit at these 2 sites and was long contemplating asking the question. Very plausible this explanation.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

And Also remember in the beginning of Mar 19, the Pakistani Army T-80 Tanks were seen rushing out of their military compounds onto civilian roads and in Sialkot sector messing them up, there must have been something which set such panic reactions.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

in Addition to the site put out by Yensoy, I think Baba is talking about this site near 34.382167, 73.570628 near Pir Chanasi
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

unless that hilltop is some kind of shrine for Pir chinsai...it has to be a mil installation..could well be a shrine as well..
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Doesnt Allah and Army go together in Pakistan- dual use facility, I am talking of areas slightly to the east North east
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Baba is reporting more action across LOC by IA.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

This is not the usual response to a CFV. This is per-emptive strike on terror launch pads using big-guns if this is true.

https://twitter.com/bababanaras/status/ ... 4105321473
अर्ध-सन्यासी (Half Hermit) @bababanaras

#Ongoing

IndianArmy launched major strikes across the LoC in Chakothi area of PoK .Terror launch pads & Jaish-E-Mohammad training centers are on target. Heavy artilleries r being used. As per initial intelligence, a training camp is completely destroyed.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Rajya Sabha TV has an excellent Security Scan weekly programme.Two have featured the BSF in the Rann of Kutch and this week the Thar desert.A must watch.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Unlikely that training camps are still located near the LOC within range of artillery. Launch pads, perhaps.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Philip wrote:Rajya Sabha TV has an excellent Security Scan weekly programme.Two have featured the BSF in the Rann of Kutch and this week the Thar desert.A must watch.

I now watch DD and LS/RS TV on Youtube.
It has calm, no shouting just facts based discussion.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Karthik S wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:I stand corrected, MEA press realease called it a "NON MILTARY" strike at Balakot, all Press reports fed on IAF Sources on 26-Feb-19 morning said Balokot, Muzaffarabad and Chakoti. Asif Ghaffoora first tweet at about 4:00 AM PST was IAF Shallow intrusion at Muzaffarabad.

But baba talks about sudarshan? Have they been cleared for use ?
He also said the operative word LGB.
Ignore whats not plausible and concentrate on the possible.
Means LGB and SPICE 2K were used to hit two other targets.
Why LGB?
The Pakis were hiding their hardware in a non-military compound.
Needs precise identification.
The radar on top of the hill was clear and could be SPICED.