2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by darshan »

Looks like in Bihar muslims aren't afraid of even politically connected Hindus.

RJD MLA's niece and her boyfriend's murder: Boyfriend Asif's friends killed both after failing to rape the girl - Opindia News
https://www.opindia.com/2019/09/rjd-mla ... -the-girl/

In a shocking incident, a high-profile case had surfaced from the Munger district of Bihar. Late on Friday night, the body of a young man alongside the body of a woman was recovered from the Sadar Block office premises. They had bullet wounds. The deceased woman was identified as Riya alias Twinkle, the niece of RJD MLA Vijay Kumar Vijay, from Munger. The young man was identified as Mohammad Asif. It has now emerged that the duo was murdered by Asif’s friends after they failed to rape Riya.

When Asif’s friends passed lewd and objectionable comments and also tried to molest Riya, Asif reportedly tried to fight his friends. His friends later strangulated Riya and proceeded to shoot both in the head.

Danish, the accused who is now in custody, had provided weapons to Asif illegally. The police have said that there was no history of any form of tension or enmity between Asif and his friends. According to a News18 report, Danish had supplied the illegal weapon to Asif because Riya wanted to learn how to fire a weapon and Asif, who was in love with Riya, wanted to fulfil her wish. It was under the pretext of providing the illegal weapon that Danish had called Asif and Riya to the spot, after which, the entire sequence of events unfolded which ultimately led to the murder of the duo.

While Danish is in the custody of the police, the police are on the look-out for 3 other accused. They have also recovered the pistol used in the murder, the cloth that was used to strangulate Riya and empty cartridges from the scene of the double-murder.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

X posted from the internal security thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60k-gGQ2pC4

Ex RAW Officer NK Sood exposes Dawood's Links in Indian Politics

N K Sood has served 30+ Years in Research & Analysis Wing. He has served in countries like Iran, UK & many other. In an explosive interview given exclusively to Defensive Offence, he gets candid & talks about Dawood & his links in Indian Politics.
He can be reached on: https://twitter.com/rawnksood
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/PChidambaram_IN/sta ... 9990081536
P. Chidambaram @PChidambaram_IN

I have asked my family to tweet on my behalf the following:

I am honoured that Smt. Sonia Gandhi and Dr. Manmohan Singh called on me today.

As long as the @INCIndia party is strong and brave, I will also be strong and brave.
The last line seems to be a threat .. IF "I" fall will take you down with me. Seems to have worked. Sonia and Munna are scheduled to vizit Tihar today and meet Chidu.

This is also a signal from Sonia to the darbaris "embedded" all across the establishment/government to rally to Chidu's support and do their bit to sabotage/scuttle the case and get his out.

Will be interesting to watch the court proceedings from now for about the next 1 year. Darbaris in Judiciary will have to make the their play now or the cause will be lost and Sonia exposed.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Next they should divide MH into MMR, MH and Vidarbha. Mumbai region does not get the attention and investments necessary to become one of the financial capitals of the world.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/PChidambaram_IN/sta ... 9990081536

As long as the @INCIndia party is strong and brave, I will also be strong and brave.

The last line seems to be a threat .. IF "I" fall will take you down with me. Seems to have worked. Sonia and Munna are scheduled to vizit Tihar today and meet Chidu.
It's undoubtedly a threat and conveyed openly so that there is no mistake in understanding it.

looks like the long arm of the law is finally wrapping its fingers around these corrupt politicians.

the visitors must have scoped out the "facilities" in tihar because they themselves may be headed there fairly soon. :mrgreen:
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

Supratik wrote:Next they should divide MH into MMR, MH and Vidarbha. Mumbai region does not get the attention and investments necessary to become one of the financial capitals of the world.
That will be like death wish for BJP.
Hutatma Chawk(flora fountain)in Mumbai exists there for a reason.
If BJP tries to pull a fast one in this regard it'll prove death knell for it in Maharashtra. Right now, whatever goodwill it has is due solely to Modiji. It's their good fortune that up till now Uddhav has proved to be a soft leader despite winning 60+ seats own his own even during the last Modi wave in 2014. If he was in Nitish mould then.... many things could have been totally different.
Such a thing will give him every reason to take hard line for this cause and people of Maharashtra will support him wholeheartedly.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Goldenthrust/status ... 9906878465
Manjeet Bagga @Goldenthrust

गुजरात के बर्ख़ास्त IPS अधिकारी संजीव भट्ट को उम्र क़ैद की सज़ा
Sanjeev Bhatt, Gujarat IPS, gets life-term.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/Goldenthrust/status ... 9906878465
Manjeet Bagga @Goldenthrust

गुजरात के बर्ख़ास्त IPS अधिकारी संजीव भट्ट को उम्र क़ैद की सज़ा
Sanjeev Bhatt, Gujarat IPS, gets life-term.
That was the news in june 2019. I don't think there is progress on his appeal. No news in media. He is cong darling so any verdict will catch attention.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Supratik wrote:Next they should divide MH into MMR, MH and Vidarbha. Mumbai region does not get the attention and investments necessary to become one of the financial capitals of the world.
Will be end of BJP in all parts except Vidarbha.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It is likely to happen. Along with Delhi-NCR we need another beast to drive the economy and at present that can only be MMR.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

Supratik wrote:It is likely to happen. Along with Delhi-NCR we need another beast to drive the economy and at present that can only be MMR.
Many attempts to carve out a separate of Mumbai have been made by Congress also right from JLN times. But failed everytime. Sentiments of Marathis all across party lines are far stronger and far exceed with respect to Mumbai and whole of Maharashtra in its entirety, in the form as it exists today than what they feel for Modiji.
The moment BJP tries any such mischief everything will come undone in a moment. Besides, BJP has many other big issues to tackle and sort out rather than needlessly upsetting the balance in a 'hindutwa' supporting state which it is in the middle of process of wresting it from congy grip. Pls don't go by what is happening or going to happen to both the Congress parties. Their core voter base is also still very strong. One mistake at this point will cost very dearly to BJP.
And not to forget, until an unmanageable and most backward behemoth like UP exists till such time it's not divided, BJP can't thrust division of a highly progressive state like Maharashtra.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Please don't bring threats to a discussion that is meant for the good of the country. I am sure the BJP will do a cost-benefit analysis like they are doing with Delhi-UP-HY. UP may be divided soon. MH may happen later depending on the election results.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

And MMR will remain a Marathi majority area as it will extend to Pune-Nashik.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Supratik wrote:It is likely to happen. Along with Delhi-NCR we need another beast to drive the economy and at present that can only be MMR.
Hyderabad, and the greater HYD, Ranga Reddy district should be a prime candidate for this if we ever want to do this. Except for TRS, there would not be much opposition to this move. Make this and integrate it tightly with Chennai and Bangalore making it a Southern triangle. This entire region is made for this kind of competition.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

No wonder the paki seeks parity and equivalency with India with that doddering old fool musharraf constantly pushing for such parity as a matter of right and his faithful followers in the paki press echoing the same demented concept. The hans have also cunningly played this up especially since it costs them nothing and it pleases the paki immensely. The amerikis have been two faced by agreeing at times and not agreeing at other times depending on what they need from the pakis at that point in time.

This is not because it brings India down to their level but because it raises them to India's level.

The flawed fantasy of a ‘Friendly Pakistan’: Indian liberals’ absurd optimism

The flawed fantasy of a ‘Friendly Pakistan’: Indian liberals’ absurd optimism

The overwhelming fanaticism of Pakistan infected every arm of the nation

SAKET SURYESH,
MARCH 15, 2019.

The aftermath of Pulwama Attack and Balakot revenge has left the forces in the opposition of Narendra Modi in total disarray. And when we say, opposition, it is not only limited to the political opposition. We have large opposition to what PM Narendra Modi is and what he represents, which comes from the elite, intellectual mob. This is the section which is often so excited to pull Modi, and, in the process, even India down that I believe, that they would even be distributing pamphlets and erecting election billboards if only they did not consider manual work beneath them.

Having hopped from one narrative to another amid the scenario which moved a dizzying pace, they have settled down now to become a chummy-chummy pal of Pakistan. There are people in the opposition party who began questioning our own army, asking the number of terrorists killed and even leaders like BK Hariprasad of the Congress going to the extent of suggesting that the martyrdom of almost fifty soldiers was staged.

Yo-yoing between discrediting the Balakot Airstrike within Pakistan to hit at Jaish terror training outfit, now with around 263 confirmed killing, Rahul Gandhi, now bereft of his favourite Rafale issue, came with a gem of the return of three terrorists during the Kandahar Plane Hijack. As is his wont, he safely ignored the lives of more than a hundred-fifty common Indians which were saved in the exchange, then supported by all political parties, including the Congress. He also forgets that two years after a hundred-plus Indians were killed in 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Congress government released Twenty-Five dreaded terrorists to Pakistan as a goodwill gesture. There was no tangible advantage that this release offered to India as a nation. Who benefited is a question, Rahul Gandhi should answer, now that he raised the issue.

Congress got an India to rule in 1947, with a huge amount of innocent trust from the people of India. So they did not question Nehru as he went around appointing his own people in critical positions, shrugging off open cases of corruption and nepotism. Rahul is used to such an unquestioning nation with unwavering loyalty and slavish sensibility. Alas, times have moved on. If you ask about Masood Azhar, you will be questioned on the terrorists you released without any national benefit in the picture. He possibly assumed that he will be able to further the Pakistani agenda, knowingly or unknowingly, which keeps on advocating business-as-usual, slowly with Say-No-To-War, Peace, Nobel-for-Imran and various online polls comparing the PM of a secular state with the PM of a proudly Islamist state. Unfortunately, again caught by vigilant nation, now Rahul Gandhi will move to another leg to do his piece with Pakistan dance.

Peace with Pakistan, though is a tantalizingly beautiful idea; it is hardly possible at this point of time. Those who are arguing of Business, as usual, are either on-board with Pakistan’s stated policy of using media and narrative to discredit democratically elected Government of India and return to business-as-usual so as to continue with their strategy of making India bleed with a thousand cuts. Nostalgia oftentimes makes people forget the painful aspects of the past.

It is all good for the Americans, who went to a war on the basis of fake news and the British, who swore revenge when two British soldiers were attacked in London, to preach peace to us over the martyrdom of 45 Indian soldiers. It is our war and we need to fight it. I am more surprised by the absurd optimism of some of our own people. They will arrange and re-arrange the whole structure of Pakistan to eventually find one person we have not yet spoken to and then invent the reason of unrest between India -Pak on the lack of dialogue between India and that particular person. As we find that, of all their undoings, Pakistanis largely stand together as one entity, the people and the politicians, solidly behind the Military. I have not heard any Pakistani politician making many runs after Imran Khan asking him to prove that no terrorist was killed in Pakistan. It is a country bound by hatred and insecurity and holds tightly to its centre.

It is high time we stop fooling ourselves from these outlandish notions that the Army doesn’t want peace, but political leadership does, or that both do not want peace with India, but people do. These three are not distinct separable entities. Pakistani military props that leadership which it finds aligned to its terror policies, and people elect those politicians, they agree with. The hatred and insecurity on which Pakistan is built keep it together. A huge amount of effort is made by the media, paid or unpaid, to establish the civilized image of a nation which has turned thoroughly rogue.

We can not count much them to give the real picture. Those who never stood up for the harassment of the Press in the hinterland of India, cannot be expected to be honestly reporting something as vivid as the beating up of The Times reporter and writer of The Wrong Enemy,Carlotta Gall, as she wrote in her book in 2006, “When one of the muscle men grabbed my handbag from me, I protested. He punched me twice, hard, in the face and temple, knocking me over.” Those whose stomachs churned over jostling in Patiala Court will not feel a thing. They will keep on telling India that Pakistanis are just like us and continue attending Literature festivals there.

The premise that Pakistanis are just like us is inherently wrong. They were, possibly once, but not anymore. This is nothing but a dishonest attempt to hyphenate India-Pakistan. Economically, India is a Trillion Dollar economy as against Pakistan whose largest stock exchange, Karachi Stock Exchange stood at the market capitalization of 89 Billion USD as against Dhaka Stock Exchange Market Cap of $320 Bn and BSE at 1.4 Trillion USD (2016). Forget the Sherwani-class which gifts Pashminas to Indian intellectuals, the literacy rate of Pakistan is abysmal 59% against Indian 72%.

When partition happened in 1947, it had a different meaning for India and Pakistan. On Indian-side we had leadership which had been preparing for self-rule through the centuries. On Pakistan side, it was a set of unprepared men who suddenly found themselves sitting with the unexpected spoils of an unjust war. Pakistan keeps lamenting that they got on the wrong side of the bargain, but they have no one but themselves to be blamed. The British had proposed a neutral arbitrator in Both the dominions to facilitate the smooth transfer of legitimate treasury and to help the establishment of functioning Government.

Against all advise, Jinnah rejected the option of Lord Mountbatten as the Governor General for the initial years. As per British records, Jinnah could not accept any role less than that of Governor-General in the nation he believed to be his creation. This was further aggravated by their Military action in Kashmir. You cannot expect to attack a nation and then expect her to continue to fund you.

The elections which paved the way for Pakistan with an overwhelming win for the Muslim League and the foundation of Pakistan is based on Islam. It is not a benevolent version of Islam. It is a version of Islam which threatens to engulf everything which is, well, non-Islam- Language, culture, ethnicity. Pakistan came into being as a South Asian Nation attempting to become an Arabian nation. A 2009 British Council Survey mentions 72% young Pakistanis believe themselves to be a Muslim first and a Pakistani second. The fanatic element in Pakistani society has increased, not decreased over the years and there is a good reason for it. In 1947, Pakistan had 137 madrassas, by 1995, the number went up to 3900, 7000 in the year 2000 and exponentially increasing to 35000 by 2016. Students in these madrassas study Islamic philosophy and are trained on an outdated curriculum. Students passing out of madrassas are not trained for modern occupations and need more madrassas to be gainfully employed. One can only imagine the kind of citizens such bodies churn out.

The overwhelming fanaticism of Pakistan infected every arm of the nation. Where else you have top scientists talking about harnessing the power of Djinns to solve energy scarcity and a Judge of High court refusing to call Hafiz Saeed a criminal for killing Hindus since Hindus were occupying the Kashmir. The last democratic leader, with whom feverishly feminist Indian TV anchors some time back proudly posted pictures, ordered TV anchors in Pakistan to wear hijab. It is understandable that one cannot choose neighbours.

But let us remember, Pakistan is not the only neighbour India has, while it may be the most notorious. We have other neighbours. India would do way better to call out the nefarious designs of those setting the Aman Ki Aasha narrative, pulling out the Massod Azhar episode to corner the government. And keep the window on the North -West Frontier closed for some time. Maybe, someday, Pakistan will be able to come out of shadows of the blunders of the past. Maybe, someday, it might decide that it is a country which was never needed at all.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

Supratik wrote:Please don't bring threats to a discussion that is meant for the good of the country. I am sure the BJP will do a cost-benefit analysis like they are doing with Delhi-UP-HY. UP may be divided soon. MH may happen later depending on the election results.
What threats? I told you about the stark reality. And how it could do any good for the nation if it is going to ruin the most progressive and industrialized state? Also, as long as the most backward and behemoth like state of UP along with Bihar etc. is chugging along and dragging and holding back the whole country, BJP or anybody else for that matter can't justify division of a state like Maharashtra for some whims and fancies of a few vested interests who want to separate Mumbai from the state of Maharashtra... not acceptable boss. No two things about it. And it's not just me but a majority of Marathi people think like this. Moreover, there is no demand for a separate state from any part of the Maharashtra barring Vidarbha about which nobody even gets to hear these days barring a few usual characters.
Just have a cursory look at the history of formation of Maharashtra state after independence. JLN wanted to carve out Mumbai either as a separate state or give it to Gujarat. The struggle that followed, we call it as 'Samyukt Maharashtra Ladha'. 108 people lost their lives in police firing on a peaceful march during the agitation ordered by 'Gandhiyan' Morarji Desai who was CM of the erstwhile Bombay state. A memorial at what we call Hutatma Chowk(flora fountain) stands to commemorate their sacrifice for this cause.
People of Maharashtra neither have forgotten nor will forget it ever. It's simply non negotiable. And yes it's not a matter of cost benefit analysis(business) at all. But speaking of which since you've raised it, the reality is that the discovery of Devendraji as an able leader is like an unexpected jackpot for the BJP. Apart from him there is not even a single leader in the Maharashtra BJP worth the name and salt. Even DF has to still prove himself to be a mass leader of Pan Maharashtra following. Perceived stature is different matter. Also, RSS doesn't have that much traction either politically or socially in Maharashtra barring a few pockets and this is the truth. Whatever traction BJP has is due to Modiji alone and this time DF will contribute handsomely or so they expect it to be that way. In the end it can be safely said that if BJP attempts to engineer a division of Maharastra it'll be like playing with fire, fraught with extreme danger to itself in the aftermath of the division.
Any such attempt by not just BJP but any other party also will be met with severe resistance from people of Maharashtra who will dictate parties to take stand against it. Even if BJP gets 2/3rd or more seats on it's own they could try it only if they've the death wish.
Most importantly it'll provide much needed oxygen and a just cause on platter to Raj Thackeray. People will follow a firebrand leader like him en masse and he will be simply unstoppable in that scenario. The BJP has everything to lose if they play or even think of such a mischief. And if SS is an alliance partner then this subject won't even arise at all.
Last edited by RajD on 23 Sep 2019 23:55, edited 2 times in total.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

Supratik wrote:And MMR will remain a Marathi majority area as it will extend to Pune-Nashik.
That's not the only criterion. Integrity of the state is paramount for all Marathi people.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://t.co/ANxoSgDkWB?amp=1
Looks like a percentage of the 2G paisa
But continue to whinge about Namo
https://twitter.com/i/status/1176078255683563520
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The last line seems to be a threat ..
I think that interpretation misses the more important information within the tweet. Of course that's a threat towards the INC - 'save me or I'll take you down too'. But that's besides the point.

The more important part is the timeline - right after MMS and SG called on him, he went through his family to openly make this threat. So the BS of 'being honored' aside, the reality is that he felt that after that meeting, the writing on the wall was that INC is trying to gently throw him under the bus, and what he's doing is frenetically trying to grab SG's pallu and say that he'll pull her under too.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

What makes you think this is likely to happen apart from it being your own wish? This would be political suicide in MH for any party that attempts it. With respect please educate yourself about the history of this issue. Keeping Mumbai out of MH was tried when the state was formed and there has been noise about removing it later on as well. All of it went nowhere due to heavy opposition from common people. Fadnavis himself would never be in favor of something like this. SS would also oppose it tooth and nail. BJP is in a good position in the state and Cong-NCP are on the backfoot. They are not stupid to throw that away. Attempting it is a guaranteed way to instantly lose all Marathi votes in Mumbai.

Your idea of separating Pune and Nashik from MH along with Mumbai is too preposterous to even talk about. Just shows complete ignorance of the region and its history.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/oyevivekk/status/11 ... 8298450944
Vivekk @oyevivekk

Government to soon reopen around 50,000 temples in Kashmir which were closed over the years, of which some were destroyed, & idols were defaced.

Finally reclaming what belongs to us in KASHMIR, isn't this is why we voted Modi again?
I think that this is over-interpretation of what was stated, which was a survey will be conducted of all temples in Kashmir.

After that I do think all land will be reclaimed and some important temples will be re-constructed and some given back to their original owners to re-build. It is good news nevertheless.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

"No power on Earth can separate Mumbai from Maharashtra." - Dev Fadnavis in 2015 or 2016 IIRC

"Challenge accepted." - tectonic plates /sarcasm mode on
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

This is also a signal from Sonia to the darbaris "embedded" all across the establishment/government to rally to Chidu's support and do their bit to sabotage/scuttle the case and get his out.

Will be interesting to watch the court proceedings from now for about the next 1 year. Darbaris in Judiciary will have to make the their play now or the cause will be lost and Sonia exposed.
Hmmm .... durbaris have started lining behind Chidu. Need to watch the court action very closely over the next year because it is here that make or break can occur now for Chidu.

https://twitter.com/ShashiTharoor/statu ... 0125105153
Shashi Tharoor @ShashiTharoor

I signed this petition calling for the release of @PChidambaram_IN & encourage all to do so:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

RajD wrote:
Supratik wrote:And MMR will remain a Marathi majority area as it will extend to Pune-Nashik.
That's not the only criterion. Integrity of the state is paramount for all Marathi people.
There was talk at one time about creating a Vidarbha state with Nagpur as the capital. Nagpur was the capital of the old Central Province.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Demand for separate Vidarbha is not new and far more realistic. That actually does have a decent chance of happening.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

pankajs wrote:The last line seems to be a threat .. IF "I" fall will take you down with me. Seems to have worked. Sonia and Munna are scheduled to vizit Tihar today and meet Chidu.
So.Ga and Mauni Baba meeting Chidu also indicates one thing. Chidu is the most important man for them. There is another gentleman who was called the trouble-shooter, fighter yada.yada of Congress in Karnataka. That is D.K Shivakumar. He is also now holed up in the same prison on money laundering charges. Sonia and MMS did not even give him a courtesy call. Perhaps because DKS was always used for a use & throw type of operation.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sachin wrote:
pankajs wrote:The last line seems to be a threat .. IF "I" fall will take you down with me. Seems to have worked. Sonia and Munna are scheduled to vizit Tihar today and meet Chidu.
So.Ga and Mauni Baba meeting Chidu also indicates one thing. Chidu is the most important man for them. There is another gentleman who was called the trouble-shooter, fighter yada.yada of Congress in Karnataka. That is D.K Shivakumar. He is also now holed up in the same prison on money laundering charges. Sonia and MMS did not even give him a courtesy call. Perhaps because DKS was always used for a use & throw type of operation.
Chidu is important because he is the one who knows about the money trail leading up to Sonia and Ahmed Patel and the modus operandi.

IIRC, Chidu as the finance minister, created the PN loophole to allow "Undeclared foreign entity" to invest money in India. My guess is that all the back money earned in India was routed out via Hawala to tax heavens and numbered accounts by Ahmed Patel. Then that money is routed back into India via the PN loophole created by Chidu. Mean-e-while, Sonia/Ahmed/Chidu knew where to invest that money because they created the policy. Such a fool-proof route to double/triple stake on EVERY throw of the dice.

To that extent Chidu represents real danger to Ahmed Patel and ultimately Sonia herself if he decided to spill the beans. This is why Kartik Chidu has been so arrogant all the while! I expect, given the lawyer and the scum that he is, Chidu would have kept vital and very incriminating documents on Ahmed/Sonia with him, locked away as insurance for this very situation. The father/son duo can make of break Sonia/Ahmed. DK Shivkumar is small fry in comparison.

Latest is that Munna Mohan Singh too has issues a statement exonerating Chidu. Expect more durbaris to line up but the real deal will be in the judiciary. That is were the attention should be focused.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

nachiket wrote:Demand for separate Vidarbha is not new and far more realistic. That actually does have a decent chance of happening.
I'd partially agree with you on this. But seriously doubt whether it would really happen because BJP will have to face severe consequences in the rest of the state. Because people do know that this small states doctrine has its origins in the RSS and have strong opinion that once and if it starts with Vidarbha, Mumbai and the rest of Maharashtra would be the next in line. All gains made by BJP will vanish in a fraction of a second.
Ironically, the leaders(mostly fromcongress) who were main proponents of this demand were the ones who enjoyed fruits of power the most. Tidke, Tirpude and many others. Today you find that their education empires are thriving and prospering in Vidarbha and the RoM. And Vasantrao Naik's record of being the longest serving almost 13yrs at a stretch as CM of Maharashtra is still unbeaten, probably never be beaten.
Case in point is that lately this demand has not been mass based to a extent because people have seen through this.
Although its diminished, SS also not so long ago had a strong presence there too.
All in all it's unlikely to happen in I'd say in near future.
Let's see.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
Short Story:

1. Gauri Lankesh Award.

2. Jury - Siddharth Vardharajan, Teesta Setalvad & Rahamat Tarikere (Award Wapsi)

3. Winner: Ravish Kumar

The End.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

First BJP needs to put that in their manifesto, go to voters, put up a case and win election, if they have balls to be transparent with the voters. If they win then only they can go ahead and split. If they don't put in the manifesto and then later try to split, then that would be backstabbing. I am pretty sure BJP will not go that route.

For me personally, I don't care. In fact it would make me happy separating out marathwada and vidharba. But it has to go through election route.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

is the irony lost on anyone

twitter
Supreme Court will observe holidays from 7th to 12th Oct on account of Dussehra (Lord Ram's win over Ravan) & 28th Oct to 2nd Nov, 2019 for Diwali (Lord Ram’s return to Ayodhya).After these holidays,court to resume hearing on existence of Lord Ram & if Ram really born in Ayodhya

84 replies 1,051 retweets 2,674 likes
Reply 84 Retweet 1.1K Like 2.7K
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

As much as Mumbai needs to be rescued from Politicians, Drawing new lines in MH is not happening any time soon. Looking at Delhi, I don't have any hope that any Govt can transform Mumbai into next Singapore.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Vikas wrote:As much as Mumbai needs to be rescued from Politicians, Drawing new lines in MH is not happening any time soon. Looking at Delhi, I don't have any hope that any Govt can transform Mumbai into next Singapore.
In theory it is actually really simple. Ask mumbai whether they want to become UT and if mumbai says yes then split. Problem is not what Mumbai wants but it is the other provinces who are milking Mumbai. Moment BJP splits Mumbai it will be dead in other areas.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

abhijitm wrote:
Vikas wrote:As much as Mumbai needs to be rescued from Politicians, Drawing new lines in MH is not happening any time soon. Looking at Delhi, I don't have any hope that any Govt can transform Mumbai into next Singapore.
In theory it is actually really simple. Ask mumbai whether they want to become UT and if mumbai says yes then split. Problem is not what Mumbai wants but it is the other provinces who are milking Mumbai. Moment BJP splits Mumbai it will be dead in other areas.
It's a bad logic, sir.
1) Mumbai doesn't exist in isolation. Its dependent on adjoining areas for most of the resources.
2) Its the state capital. So nothing wrong in other regions of the state benefitting from it. It's the politicians and their policies which has resulted in lopsided development or the lack of it.
3) If anyone is milking and profiteering from set up in Mumbai it is the central govt and business lobbies. Successive central govts have treated Mumbai as a hen laying golden eggs. Just look at the amount of money from tax collection that is repatriated back in Mumbai.
4) To carve out Mumbai from Maharashtra is an old project of many vested interests from various quarters. And it's still being actively pursued. Allowing outsiders to settle in huge slums is part of it. With changed demographics winning a referendum for separation was and still is the aim. I wonder whether you remember the hue and cry that had errupted when Chidambaram had floated just a trial baloon 5-6 yrs back.
The bottom line is that it won't happen.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/DostKhan_Jammu/stat ... 9352954882
Prof Hari Om @DostKhan_Jammu

#Ladakh got the first ever medical college in 72 years.

It will be established at Leh, the land of Lamas.

Orders issued.

You know Ladakhis, who remain cut off from rest of the world for 6 months in a year, travel to Jammu and Delhi for medical treatment.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://m.hindustantimes.com/analysis/y ... L_amp.html
Yogi has revolutionised governance in UP

He has improved administration, infrastructure, law and order; battled corruption; and created an economic hub
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/DostKhan_Jammu/stat ... 9352954882
Prof Hari Om @DostKhan_Jammu

#Ladakh got the first ever medical college in 72 years.

It will be established at Leh, the land of Lamas.

Orders issued.

You know Ladakhis, who remain cut off from rest of the world for 6 months in a year, travel to Jammu and Delhi for medical treatment.
You should see the cost of travel for a Ladakhi from Home to Jammu/Delhi especially during peak weeks.
Why would they not hate Muslims leadership arising out of Kashmir when all the resources were gobbled up not even leaving froth or colored water for Ladakhis.
Imagine not having a medical college despite being the largest province of the erstwhile state.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

abhijitm wrote:
Abhijitm ji, By that criteria, even South Mumbai would want to split from rest of Mumbai. The same logic applies true for any main city in India. Bangaloreans would want to become UT so would folks from Calcutta and Noida.
No one likes to pay taxes and get rubbish services in return but that is Karma of bigger cities.
I don't think BJP has any such plans at any level.

PS: Any political party eying Mumbai should first get Chandigarh out of Punjab/Haryana clutches.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Shahjahanpur woman, who accused BJP leader Chinmayanand of rape, arrested for extortion

source:https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/india ... 69371.html

The Shahjahanpur law student, who had accused BJP leader Chinmayananad of rape, has been arrested for extortion, CNN News18 has reported.

The news channel reported that the law student, along with three of her friends, has been arrested after the Allahabad High Court rejected her bail plea on September 23.

The postgraduate law student had sought a stay on her arrest after the SIT (Special Investigating Team) booked her and arrested three men for allegedly trying to extort money from Chinmayanand. The SIT reportedly has video proof of the woman discussion the extortion strategy.
Law student who accused Chinmayanand of rape allegedly detained in extortion case

source: Chindu

After being denied relief by the Allahabad High Court, the Shahjahanpur law student who has accused former Union Minister Swami Chinmayanand of rape was on September 24 allegedly detained for questioning in an extortion case alleged by him.

[..]

The Special Investigation Team probing the case last week charged the law student with involvement in the extortion case filed by Mr. Chinmayanand. Along with her three male friends, the law student was booked for extortion, disappearance of evidence and criminal intimidation, among other sections.

The student featured as the fourth name among the accused in the case — she was listed as “Miss A”— in a single-page press release issued by the SIT.

Three persons, allegedly directly associated with her, were arrested on charges of sending extortion messages to Mr. Chinmayanand demanding ₹5 crore from him. They were identified as Sanjay Singh, Sachin Sengar and Vikram alias Durgesh. The police said all three had confessed to making the extortion calls.

Naveen Arora, SIT chief, said they had “prima facie” found the “involvement” of the law student in the extortion case. While observing that investigation in the matter was still on, the senior officer said further action would be taken after the recovery of the mobile phones of the law student and her friend Sanjay Singh, who is the key accused in the extortion case, and other footage.