India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by pankajs »

Oh jee .. the sky has fallen on our heads!

https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1176664344391798785
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

President encouraged Prime Minister Modi to improve relations with Pakistan and fulfill his promise to better the lives of the Kashmiri people: White house on Modi Trump bilateral in New York
India == bakistan
Kashmir == lost
Mudi == fail
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Fun fact, Taliban’a negotiator Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai is a political science graduate from India's military academy in Dehradun.

3:56 AM - 11 Jul 2019
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

India is looking for Trump to call Pakistan terror state. Pakistan is looking to Trump to get international community to intervene in Kashmir.

Trump meanwhile looking for his own Clinton - Arafat - Rabin Oslo moment.

Its like a rock band, all musicians playing different songs

10:46 AM - 23 Sep 2019
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 276146.cms
How India's rising global profile is helping government's move on Kashmir {Bloomberg via Toilet}
If Prime Minister Narendra Modi was worried about a frosty reception in the US after the government's decision to abrogate Article 370, which granted special status to Kashmir, President Donald Trump was quick to put those fears to rest.

“Border security is vital to India,” Trump said alongside PM Modi, as the two spoke at a huge gathering of around 50,000 Indian-Americans on Sunday. “We understand that.”

The high-level acknowledgment from the world’s most powerful political leader comes as Modi government — who will address the United Nations General Assembly on Friday — continues the security clampdown in Jammu and Kashmir.

Trump’s comments, although not explicit approval, are symbolic of the quiet acceptance of India’s policies which have attracted little international criticism. Just a few countries, other than Pakistan and China, which both have territorial claims in disputed Kashmir, have criticized New Delhi - a stark contrast to the 22 states that signed a letter criticizing China’s crackdown against Muslim minority Uighurs in Xinjiang, which has seen as many as 1 million citizens placed in “re-education camps.”

Nations want to keep PM Modi onside as they recognize India’s rising strategic importance in Asia as a counterweight to Beijing. There’s also the size of its market, including billions in arms purchases, and the fact that criticizing New Delhi risks aligning with Pakistan, which is widely accused of sponsoring terrorist groups in the region.

“There is little diplomatic upside to directly challenging India,” said Paul Staniland, an associate professor at the University of Chicago. “India is an important economic and strategic partner, or potential partner, for countries ranging from France to the US to the Gulf states. It’s also clear that the government of India won’t be rolling back its policy anytime soon, and many countries are leery of seeming to back the Pakistani line.
This was the biggest objective of the US visit including the Huston gathering i.e. to keep Rest of the world out of Kashmir. Job done.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

KLNMurthy wrote: Patience my dear sir.

Modi hai to mumkin hai. The mills of God grind slow, yet they grind exceeding small.
Absolutely my friend, my heart and admiration goes out to ModiJi. He cares for his people. For me the high point of the Houston event was when he told Trump: you introduced me to your family, I will introduce you to my family pointing to the entire crowd. Also, his sab teek hai in so many languages. That buried the anti-Hindi cacophony by the Dravidian cults in the South.

Unlike ModiJi hating perverts in India who derive sadistic pleasure at any embarrassment to Modiji (not TSP, not Trump, not China, its always ModiJi is the loser), my gripe is not with ModiJi, my gripe is with that turncoat buffoon Trump. I have serious doubts if he will get re-elected. IMO, he short changed ModiJi's and India's friendship, and dare say the US soldiers who laid down their lives in AfPak, through his bogus overtures to TSP and Talib Khan.

AmberGJi, sir, those pictures truly tell the story of the kind of evil TSP is. Makes me all the more angry at Trump's betrayal post Houston.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

CRamS wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: Patience my dear sir.

Modi hai to mumkin hai. The mills of God grind slow, yet they grind exceeding small.
Absolutely my friend, my heart and admiration goes out to ModiJi. He cares for his people. For me the high point of the Houston event was when he told Trump: you introduced me to your family, I will introduce you to my family pointing to the entire crowd. Also, his sab teek hai in so many languages. That buried the anti-Hindi cacophony by the Dravidian cults in the South.

Unlike ModiJi hating perverts in India who derive sadistic pleasure at any embarrassment to Modiji (not TSP, not Trump, not China, its always ModiJi is the loser), my gripe is not with ModiJi, my gripe is with that turncoat buffoon Trump. I have serious doubts if he will get re-elected. IMO, he short changed ModiJi's and India's friendship, and dare say the US soldiers who laid down their lives in AfPak, through his bogus overtures to TSP and Talib Khan.

AmberGJi, sir, those pictures truly tell the story of the kind of evil TSP is. Makes me all the more angry at Trump's betrayal post Houston.
Ram Saar, It was a truly momentous occasion. Expect lots of heartburn from Pakis.

How about organizing a BRF jirga in Dallas?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Shwetank wrote:Breaking: Pelosi initiated impeachment inquiry against Trump. Most experts saying Ukraine revelations over last few days finally got her to give in to the pressure from a lot of Democrats.
Showboating by Nancy Pelosi to protect her own chair. Biden & Son are corrupt, but DNC being taken over by anti-Trump regressives will not go after Biden. To show something to their base they need 'impeachment' proceedings. Nancy was holding the wall so to speak and now has given in to regressives so that she does not get overwhelmed by the idiotic moralist outrage by loony dumbocrat regressives (AOC/Ilhan Omar) who call themselves progressives!

And the rank & file dumbocrats need something to take back to their voter base. Which is increasingly fleeing the dumbocrat party.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

NRao wrote:Is it the first time or has it happened before where a US prez has included Iran as a source of terrorism n front of an Indian PM?

Seems it has come a full circle: India allowed to say what she wants and the US allowed to say what she wants. Looks like this is a hard reset on an alignment. India just may have abandoned Iran as a reliable source of O&G.
Another way to look at this....

India needled US on Pakistan - US needled India on Iran :mrgreen:

Just kidding, but the real deal is trade and missing dragon in the room says it loud and clear....
The rest is naive banter and false equal-equal... :P :rotfl:
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Suraj wrote:Trumps no fan of Islamic terrorism, and can readily be expected to say the right thing there. However he doesn't necessarily know who the enemy is, or think some of those whom he does business with are enemies. Probably he has a simplistic idea of what constitutes such a terrorist, and any such nuance - on any matter - is not something one can expect from him. He's also - as in the previous point - willing to cut and run if there are no immediate gains to be had, or he doesn't think some entity (e.g. Taliban) can hurt US interests in the foreseeable future.
There is a reason why Chaiwallah Modi is a PM returning with a bigger majority. Modi does not go into moral aspects of anybody, Modi himself said so several times that he has goals and he will work with anybody to achieve those goals as long as his (Modi's) principles are not compromised for that goal. In that sense, Modi does not judge Trump and Modi is too glad to deflect some attention towards Trump if that is what Trump wants or needs.

We on the forum get too much mired into brass tacks. Like bringing up immigration issues which is actually a legislative issue for House and Senate. And tie ourselves down into a negative clauses.

I saw Modi-Trump joint presser and Trump clearly said that Modi has enunciated how Modi wants to solve the cashmere problem and how he (Trump) trusts Modi to solve the problem. In the process if Trump gets lot of credit and gets to gloat of investments and jobs and how great he is and how his art of the deal book is being read by another global leader, why should we complain?

In fact all Indian-Americans who can vote (first or second generation) should look at where Bakis, Islamic fundamentalists and Chinese are going to vote and then vote opposite for geo-strategic reasons. That is we should vote for Trump blindly because for right or wrong reasons (Iran for eg.) he did call out that Radical Islamic Terrorism needs to be defeated.

Our fight should be to defeat Radical Islamic Terrorism. It is cancerous to human civilization and needs to be rooted out. Sooner the better. Any delay may actually be too late!

In fact the current UNGA should be talking about Radical Islamic Terrorism as the primary focus followed by havoc caused by evangelism.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

CRamS wrote: Unlike ModiJi hating perverts in India who derive sadistic pleasure at any embarrassment to Modiji (not TSP, not Trump, not China, its always ModiJi is the loser), my gripe is not with ModiJi, my gripe is with that turncoat buffoon Trump. I have serious doubts if he will get re-elected. IMO, he short changed ModiJi's and India's friendship, and dare say the US soldiers who laid down their lives in AfPak, through his bogus overtures to TSP and Talib Khan.
You may have your reasons for your feelings... but whose father what goes?

Lamenting woe is me - US will force Mudi and listen to the 100 beggars who protested in Houston
Naïveté of the false equal-equal - even India sentence must have a Pakistan etc.
Triumphant Jingoism - Indian Americans have arrived in Houston see them 50k got POTUS to come!

Etc. and all such is summa bake onlee!

Realpolitick - India can say NO to the most powerful countr(ies) in the world and carry on with her interest!
That CRamS is the only fact to take home - Elvis has arrived! :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sorry, wrong thread
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

pankajs wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:Frankly though - I think it should go beyond this stage if the world is to become a better place. The US has to come around to treating TSP for what it is and also to seeing India as a true partner in global dynamics especially the Indo Pacific. Offering India some truly strategic assets at "friendship" prices would be the first move in this direction. A symbolic start would be "free" carrier - Kittyhawk for a purchase of 90 odd Shornets via FMS but with complete engine transfer on the F414.

INdia otoh, should offer more in Afghanistan (with sufficient backing in $s, supplies etc from NATO) - this is India's backyard and it shouldn't hesitate to get in and dirty. To let this opportunity pass would be to let others dictate the show.

Apart from energy imports, this is a chance to take away some of China's manufacturing contracts - Modi and Co should make this a highly attractive proposal to US industry.
"supplies etc from NATO" is Dead on arrival. How will NATO get supplies to India in Afghanistan? via Bakistan?

1. It is unthinkable that bakis will allow India, that is solely in Afghanistan to defeat baki proxy & plan, to be supplied via it territory.
2. NEVER trust a logistic chain that you cannot fully control or replace.
3. Bunnies and others cannot be defeated in Afghanistan, they have to be defeated in Bakistan. US failed because if failed to take the fight to bakistan.
Sorry - I should've made my post more clear.

When I said supplies via NATO, I meant paid for by them or the UN or whatever, "coalition of the willing". India cannot be expected to bear the burden of supplies and costs.

Wrt 1&2 above: The TSP will have no say in this whatsoever. India could do this on its own via Iran while the US looks away. OR
Trump brokers a deal where India gets a corridor via GB. That way he will earn his INternational Nehru Peace Award and Camp David moment all at once.

#3 Bunnies et al., will be defeated by Afghanistan in Pakistan. India's job will be to secure current strongholds and centers of power for present Afghan govt. And of course to provide support to warring Afghanis who want to chase the bunnies in TSP. In the meanwhile, India will consolidate in GB, encourage Baluchis to do the same as the Afghans. All in all a real pinch for the rascals in Islamabad.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

CRamS wrote:

Well, I quite detest Trump myself but that's neither here nor there when it comes to wanting to see India play the best game it can for India with Trump as US President. After all, Indians and Modi don't elect the US President nor do they control him, and all they can do is to get the most for India out of whoever is the current President. BTW if I were a betting man I would put my money on Trump to win re-election in 2020, so I see little risk in Jndia investing in Trump at this time.

Trump has his own compulsions; I personally wouldn't mind spending a few billion more taxpayer dollars and put a few more US military lives in danger to keep US forces in Afghanistan in perpetuity and expand operations into Pakistan. Doing that would free up US to properly chastise Pakistan. But that is a very very tiny minority position, and would be political suicide for any US prez candidate. Again, despite my loathing of Trump, I wouldn't expect him to commit political suicide.

US under Obama, Bushes, Clinton et al wasn't any better for India, so we don't need to single out Trump. What we want to see is a sea change in policy, and for a heavyweight country like US it is not going to happen fast. Modi has taken a great first step in accomplishing this goal and has shown that he has the political skills to carry it through as far as it is humanly possible.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html
Pakistan PM warns of war as Trump, India’s leader buddy up
UNITED NATIONS — Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan bluntly warned that war was possible over India’s crackdown in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir, while U.S. President Donald Trump buddied up to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in their second meeting in three days.

Trump urged the sides to resolve their differences even as he gushed over Modi, saying he was as popular as American rock legend Elvis Presley.
Huston was about optics BEFORE Trump sat down with Dimran and Modi for official talks. And the optics for other world leader as Modi led Trump by the hands around the crowd for a victory lap. And optics for the Kashmiris apduls and the baki apduls. Optics for the Modi-hater and Modi-pasands in India, America and across the world.

The optics ensured that Trump stayed out of Kashmir, no matter what his instinct, just as Modi/India has always wanted, in line with our stated position that it is a bilateral issue between India and bakistan.
While Khan warned of war, Trump was having a much lighter moment with Modi.

Trump on Tuesday compared Modi to Presley, the late American singer often referred to as the king of rock and roll, after Modi received a rock-star welcome Sunday in Houston. The president had carved out time to join Modi, who was greeted in Texas by 50,000 cheering Indian Americans.

“Those people went crazy,” Trump said as he and Modi met on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly. “That was like Elvis.”
Optics of Huston.
On the Kashmir standoff, Trump urged Modi and Khan to find a resolution.

“We all want to see that,” said Trump, who met with Khan on Monday.
Again, the impact of the optics. Hands off approach Kashmir just as India/Modi wanted it to be. AND to me, the optics had delivered what it was supposed to, by the time Trump-Dimran press meet was over.

And a twist.
Khan also said that he had begun, at Trump’s request, to mediate talks between Trump and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani over a nuclear standoff. He provided no other details but said he had spoken to Rouhani on Monday after Trump asked Khan to “deescalate the situation.”

“We are trying our best,” Khan said.
Some folks still don't get what Huston was all about.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Since we discussed Huston on this thread

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/modi-in- ... 32041.html
How Modi weaved magic in Houston [Makarand R Paranjape @MakrandParanspe]
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Who were the idiots in media who just could not ask PoTUS anything other than Pakistan and Imran ?
I mean, Low IQ notwithstanding, Do they even prepare their questions ?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 266485.cms
A win-win show for Modi and Trump
  1. * The ‘Howdy Modi’ show in Houston was a dream that successive Indian governments have had – a show of Indian power in American heartland, propped up by its educated, wealthy diaspora
    * While the Indian community, traditional backers of the Democratic Party, cheered the Trump, the US president used the opportunity for some political hard sell, almost a year before he is to seek re-election
The Trump-Modi warmth on display helps India keep the Kashmir narrative focused on two points – that the nullification of Article 370 was about the twin imperatives of development and national security/terrorism. Earlier, external affairs minister S Jaishankar had told an interviewer: “We revoked a temporary constitutional provision that slowed down development, created alienation, led to separatism, fed terrorism and ended up as a deadly national security problem.”

<snip>

For everyone who watched the show, Modi owned the stage. Trump’s presence and Modi’s effusive paeans to the US president set the stage for both leaders to play to their respective political audiences from a shared platform.

Perhaps, the Indian side could have got more Congressmen and senators to attend, but sources said Trump’s presence and an election year made that difficult.
Optics that helped keep Kashmir talk at the minimum and kept it a bilateral issue between India and bakistan.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/suhasinih/status/11 ... 6292134913
Suhasini Haidar @suhasinih

Pakistan PM addresses a press conference at the UN, and spends the entire conference speaking about India says he fears a "massacre" and "bloodbath" in Kashmir, expresses disappointment the intl community is not concerned, but offers no proof of his allegations.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Disha wrote:...In fact all Indian-Americans who can vote (first or second generation) should look at where Bakis, Islamic fundamentalists and Chinese are going to vote and then vote opposite for geo-strategic reasons...
^^
Above is imperative.

Elections are far away in massaland but as i see it now .. Every Indian American must vote to defeat the Democratic party & its leaders who have been openly taking the Islamist/Paki position while painting Indian PM as "Hindu" "fascist" while opposing India's removal of the reprehensible art 370 in Kashmir.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Lilo wrote:
Disha wrote:...In fact all Indian-Americans who can vote (first or second generation) should look at where Bakis, Islamic fundamentalists and Chinese are going to vote and then vote opposite for geo-strategic reasons...
^^
Above is imperative.

Elections are far away in massaland but as i see it now .. Every Indian American must vote to defeat the Democratic party & its leaders who have been openly taking the Islamist/Paki position while painting Indian PM as "Hindu" "fascist" while opposing India's removal of the reprehensible art 370 in Kashmir.
Last time it was tough to convince Indian Americans including Hindu Americans (including Modiwalas) to vote for Trump. This time hopefully it eases as we got some narratives of Democratic shenanigans against Hindus and Indians. If we can pull 50% to Republican/Trump side it is good win. Vote for Trump in CA/NY/Hard-core blue states is useless but still Democrats should see visible reduction in Indian-American votes.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Conspiracy Theory - I

Trump commits to fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Out comes impeachment proceedings against Trump by Dumbocrats.

Why shady dealings of Biden and Kerry kids are not being investigated? Two top officials of Obama's administration are mired in corruption and nary a word about that. But Trump asking Ukraine president to do something about Biden situation is grounds for impeachment and conviction! :rotfl:

Read it in full:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/inside-th ... dens-kids/

Inside the shady private equity firm run by Kerry and Biden’s kids
“My frustration,” writes Peter Schweizer in his new book, “Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends,” “is not that the solid reporting on Trump has been too tough, but that the reporting on the Obama administration has been way too soft or in some cases nonexistent.” The author of the 2016 sensation “Clinton Cash” says Trump and his children didn’t invent the blurring of government and business, and details a number of ethical violations on both sides of the political aisle. One example: the little-noticed private equity firm run by the sons of Democrats Joe Biden and John Kerry, as detailed in this exclusive first excerpt.

Of the various deals in which these Rosemont entities were involved, one of the largest and most troubling concerns was Rosemont Seneca Partners.

In short, the Chinese government was literally funding a business that it co-owned along with the sons of two of America’s most powerful decision makers.

Over the next seven years, as both Joe Biden and John Kerry negotiated sensitive and high-stakes deals with foreign governments, Rosemont entities secured a series of exclusive deals often with those same foreign governments.

Often those foreign entities gained favorable policy actions from the United States government just as the sons were securing favorable financial deals from those same entities.

Nowhere is that more true than in their commercial dealings with Chinese government-backed enterprises.

The American delegation was visiting Japan, China, and South Korea. But it was the visit to China that had the most potential to generate conflict and controversy. The Obama administration had instituted the “Asia Pivot” in its international strategy, shifting attention away from Europe and toward Asia, where China was flexing its muscles.

What was not reported was the deal that Hunter was securing. Rosemont Seneca Partners had been negotiating an exclusive deal with Chinese officials, which they signed approximately 10 days after Hunter visited China with his father. The most powerful financial institution in China, the government’s Bank of China, was setting up a joint venture with Rosemont Seneca.

In 2015, BHR joined forces with the automotive subsidiary of the Chinese state-owned military aviation contractor Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) to buy American “dual-use” parts manufacturer Henniges.

AVIC is a major military contractor in China. It operates “under the direct control of the State Council” and produces a wide array of fighter and bomber aircraft, transports, and drones — primarily designed to compete with the United States.

The company also has a long history of stealing Western technology and applying it to military systems. The year before BHR joined with AVIC, the Wall Street Journal reported that the aviation company had stolen technologies related to the US F-35 stealth fighter and incorporated them in their own stealth fighter, the J-31. AVIC has also been accused of stealing US drone systems and using them to produce their own.
And its security implications for India.

In fact, Jo Kerry and Biden single handedly jeapordized Asia's security at the altar of nepotism for their sons.

People on this thread and forum need to remember the hectoring Obama gave to Indian government on 'human rights'. From Indian soil.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Council on Foreign Relations where Im-the-Dim featured a few days ago.
"Live Event — Watch Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar discuss Indian foreign policy today {Sept 25} at 6:30 p.m. (EDT)."
https://www.cfr.org/
(i.e., September 26th 4 AM IST).

PS:
IMO, great performance.
I think the video and transcript will be available here:
https://www.cfr.org/event/conversation- ... ar-india-0
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

A_GuptaJi, thx for posting. Watched the video transcript. Jayshankar was calm, erudite, and to the point. I hope all those dim-wits who scream 'human rights' understood what he was saying about TSP and 370. Only minor nit-pick I have is that towards the end he said one should not look at Kashmir through a communal angle. If not Islamic extremism, WTF else is the problem in Kashmir? Why India shies away from the truism beats me.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

From an old classmate of mine:

"After the phenomenal success of HOWDY MODI in Houston, The Congress is organizing a HOWLA RAHUL rally in Hyderabad"

:rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

DT told the press conf. that despite his string of successes in important endeavors (real or imagined) all they would want to know about is the "witchhunt". And true to form the first question was typical of the pompous asses:

What do you have to say about a US President asking a foreign leader to investigate a US CITIZEN??

er... IIRC in "Day of The Jackal" the British PeeEm had to pick up the phone and tell the Frogistani counterpart that a British citjen, Charles Calthrop, was out to kill their President. Modi has been telling Interpol to arrest Dawood Ibrahim, for many years.
What is wrong with POTUS asking Ukraine to investigate the actions of US citizens in/ about Ukraine?
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

CRamS wrote: If not Islamic extremism, WTF else is the problem in Kashmir? Why India shies away from the truism beats me.
The symptom cannot be mistaken for the disease nor for the disease ridden patient zero (Terroristan)!

The roots of the real disease is a complex issue i’nnt? that involves geopolitics, deracinated leaders post independence who took the issue to the UN, jihadi two nation theory junkies, fake liberals, and yes radical iceslam, it’s a long list is’nt?
JS correctly refuted the single lens view the person asking the question exhibited.... India has done exceeded well in GCC/Saudi/Iran etc.
Why make it a religious debate?

I hope more Indians can dehyphenate India from Terroristan and from Islam bashing - political Islam/Christianity/whatever is still fair game.
It’s time for Elvis to move on! :mrgreen:

See the position of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind on 370 and Kashmir:

PS: the more you see the Terroristan PM and his minions get interviewed and juxtaposing it with the Injuns - I thank my million gods for the good education the latter received.... holy c76rp! What a sh@t! Show them terroristan spake and less said about Im the Dim the better...
I say this with a lot of gravity - poppy would have done better than Dimran! :rotfl: :P
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Have ModiJi and Talib Khan spoken at UNGA yet? I am hoping ModiJi ignore TSP with the contempt it deserves and talks more about India and global issues. That will sure p!ss TSP RAPE off more than any bullet across the LoC (which BTW, is also required to silence them).
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

A_Gupta wrote: IMO, great performance.
Good indeed - one thing that comes to mind - given the silly Labor act today -
Have the left who used to be ‘useful idiots’ of the communists found a new patron in the petro-dollar wahabis? Just a thought...
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

UlanBatori wrote:DT told the press conf. that despite his string of successes in important endeavors (real or imagined) all they would want to know about is the "witchhunt". And true to form the first question was typical of the pompous asses:

What do you have to say about a US President asking a foreign leader to investigate a US CITIZEN??

er... IIRC in "Day of The Jackal" the British PeeEm had to pick up the phone and tell the Frogistani counterpart that a British citjen, Charles Calthrop, was out to kill their President. Modi has been telling Interpol to arrest Dawood Ibrahim, for many years.
What is wrong with POTUS asking Ukraine to investigate the actions of US citizens in/ about Ukraine?
Not sure this is relevant to India-US relations, perhaps fits better in the "understanding the US of A" thread.
Issue to meditate over is: "abuse of power".
Further hint: Dawood Ibrahim is not a potential political rival to Modi.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Pulikeshi wrote:
A_Gupta wrote: IMO, great performance.
Good indeed - one thing that comes to mind - given the silly Labor act today -
Have the left who used to be ‘useful idiots’ of the communists found a new patron in the petro-dollar wahabis? Just a thought...
CRUSADE + JIHAD = CRUHAD (Run using LEFT PLATFORMS all over the world)

Muslim Noor Ramadin (N. Ram) runs THE HINDU hiding his religion.

NastyRuddin Shah, javed akhtar, shabana azmi declare themselves atheists and ONLY ATTACK HINDUS.

Arundhati SUZZANNE Roy, Christian prannoy Roy declared themselves LEFTIST LIBERAL but only attack HINDUS.

Yechuri, kavita krishnan converted as students but were asked by clergy to get in leftist platforms AND EXCLUSIVELY ATTACK HINDUS.

Prakash Karat was actually TRUE PURE MARXIST that's why treated badly by yechuri & kavita krishnan co.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

I hope they succeed in impeaching trump, then sympathy wave goes to next Republican candidate, while pushing faultlines of USA wide.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Lilo wrote:Elections are far away in massaland but as i see it now .. Every Indian American must vote to defeat the Democratic party & its leaders who have been openly taking the Islamist/Paki position while painting Indian PM as "Hindu" "fascist" while opposing India's removal of the reprehensible art 370 in Kashmir.
Bernie and Biden have taken anti-India / anti-Hindu positions. Kamala touts her black heritage almost to the point of hiding her Hindu heritage. Anyone else has taken anti-India / anti-Hindu position? I would prefer Tulsi among the blues but she is not even close.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

A_Gupta wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:DT told the press conf. that despite his string of successes in important endeavors (real or imagined) all they would want to know about is the "witchhunt". And true to form the first question was typical of the pompous asses:

Not sure this is relevant to India-US relations, perhaps fits better in the "understanding the US of A" thread.
Issue to meditate over is: "abuse of power".
Further hint: Dawood Ibrahim is not a potential political rival to Modi.
The transcript is out - see below. Trump did nothing of the sort. It was his discretion because the Democrats had been pushing Ukraine to investigate any Trump activities related to the Russia investigation. Biden's son weaseled himself into an $83K/month position on a Ukrainian board.
The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Manish_Sharma wrote:I hope they succeed in impeaching trump, then sympathy wave goes to next Republican candidate, while pushing faultlines of USA wide.
That means the Democrats have nothing in two years except for rajneeti. India needs Trump in the WH. None of the other candidates except Tulsi will do.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Lilo wrote:
^^
Above is imperative.

Where all will this be done? UK Labor party has unanimously adopted a resolution, which, if they come to power, they are obliged to make a part of their policy (it is a reprehensible document and all Indian Origin Labor folks also voted for it).

The Global Left and Islamist Goons, a rather unusual alliance, is in bed world-wide. I am not even sure how this came about? It's like the stars are perfectly aligned for a Cheen Takeover as Global Massa in 10-15 years.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Manu wrote:
The Global Left and Islamist Goons, a rather unusual alliance, is in bed world-wide. I am not even sure how this came about? It's like the stars are perfectly aligned for a Cheen Takeover as Global Massa in 10-15 years.
It happened under Obama ...
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

vijayk wrote:
Manu wrote:
It happened under Obama ...
It happenned well before Obama, it was during the 90's Bill Clinton and George W Bush 1 Rule, now Imran Khan has agreed Al Qaeda qas trained by ISI, given the windfall games Pakistan made after the humiliation at Kargil, that they were behind the 9/11 attack and used thier influence in Leftist eco system to get OBL to solely take all the blame.

The Chinis- Saudis- Pakis have been part of this unholy alliance which has taken over the Western and Indian left. Along Hinduphobic folks around these guys have got a free ride right from 1970's. Remember US Secretary of State blaming "Hindu Miltants" for ChittiSinghpura in Kashmir. That is like saying there was no Holocaust, the Jews voluntarily went into camps and did suicide.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Mort Walker wrote:
That means the Democrats have nothing in two years except for rajneeti. India needs Trump in the WH. None of the other candidates except Tulsi will do.
No I don't think Tulsi has any chance, I understand Trump in WH is currently good for us, or at least nowhere as damaging as Biden, Bernie et al.

I was all for Hillary losing and Trump winning, although I thought Trump would turn into enemy very soon but OPEN ENEMY vs Hillary or Bill or John Kerry type STEALTHY ENEMY, I was wrong Trump hasn't turned into enemy, so you are right he is atleast not a major headache for Modi as Hillary would be.

On the other hand Bernie or biden as president would certainly do away with stealthy strategy of Clintons. That will have Modi's Back to the wall who knows what will come out of it? Pokharan 3 Prachand Shakti tests maybe. Suspension of purchase of arms from USA. Maybe good in long run.

But it would certainly be interesting scenario if trump is impeached; what will happen in streets? Right wing vs Left openly fighting in streets? White Whitepower removing the mask. Many white people voted secretly for trump while pretending socially against him. Now they will have THE EXCUSE to side with him openly. Republicans will forget differences and become more integrated as party while as Tulsi showed Democrats will split in fractions.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

cross post
--
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/no-pres ... ve-2106739\
"No Pressure On Modi": Imran Khan Admits Pak Has Failed Over Kashmir
Admitting that Pakistan has failed in its attempts to internationalise the Kashmir issue, Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday said that he is "disappointed with the international community" over the issue.

Pakistan has been repeatedly snubbed by the international community on several platforms after it cried foul over India's decision to abrogate Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, with many countries backing New Delhi on the matter.

"(I am) Disappointed by the international community...There's no pressure yet on Modi," Imran Khan said, adding, "We'll keep putting the pressure."
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.thehindu.com/news/internati ... 516885.ece
“Those are 2 nuclear countries, gotta work it out”: Trump on India-Pakistan Kashmir dispute
U.S. President Donald Trump said he discussed Kashmir with the top leadership of India and Pakistan during his meetings with them and offered to help with “arbitration or mediation” on the issue to the two nuclear-armed neighbours, who have to “work it out”.

<snip>

Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale had told reporters after the Modi-Trump meeting that the Prime Minister “made it clear that we are not shying away from talks with Pakistan.”
Also Read

“But for that to happen, we expect some concrete steps to be taken by Pakistan. And we do not find any effort by Pakistan taking those steps,” Mr. Gokhale had said.

<snip>

A White House readout on Wednesday said Mr. Trump “encouraged” Mr. Modi to improve relations with Pakistan and fulfil his promise to better the lives of the Kashmiri people.