Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by darshan »

Punjab And Haryana Chief Ministers Pay Tributes To Bhagat Singh On His 112th Birth Anniversary
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/punjab-an ... nniversary
Bhagat Singh was born on 28 September in 1907 in the Punjab Province of British India. He was convicted for killing British police officer John Saunders and was hanged on 23 March 1931.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
Brexit. This about sums it all up.

eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Boris Johnson no-confidence vote 'next week', says SNP MP Stewart Hosie
Mr Hosie said there was growing concern that Mr Johnson may find a way of circumventing the so-called "Benn Bill" which requires him to seek an extension to the UK's departure date if no deal has been agreed.

The aim of a no-confidence vote would be to install an interim prime minister who would secure a short Brexit delay and then call a general election.

"We have to do that because there is now no confidence that the prime minister will obey the law and seek the extension that Parliament voted for only a few weeks ago," he told the Today programme.

"It we are serious about the extension that is the only game in town."
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

basically any hard brexiteers are being removed from the system
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

darshan wrote:Punjab And Haryana Chief Ministers Pay Tributes To Bhagat Singh On His 112th Birth Anniversary
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/punjab-an ... nniversary
Bhagat Singh was born on 28 September in 1907 in the Punjab Province of British India. He was convicted for killing British police officer John Saunders and was hanged on 23 March 1931.

fitting that UK is in great turmoil and is war torn - civil war soon.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^^
Boris Johnson is certainly being given a lesson in civics:

1. Rachel Johnson, the PM’s sister:
https://news.sky.com/video/jo-cox-rache ... s-11819994

2. Amber Rudd, former Tory Cabinet minister, and the PM’s friend:
Amber Rudd accuses Number 10 of language that 'incites violence'

3. Ellie Cooper, daughter of Labour MP, Yvette Cooper:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ellieelizaa? ... r%5Eauthor

4. Jess Phillips, Labour MP:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... tred-video

5. Lady Hale, President of the Supreme Court:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ment-full/
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

As the surrender terms for letting England back into the EU they may require that any future british royalty have some blood from the Haus Von Merkel in them.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^
The current British royal family is German. They are the House of Battenberg.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is Haus von Windsor Castle (WC), hain? I know circa WW1 it was a close thing. Present one has bloodlines from assorted horse-grooms, race-car drivers, chauffers etc etc. The past ones had mostly Knights Errant and page boys' blood. As shown by this new research report, this is why the current and upcoming gen are superior in breeding (I mean in space breeding, thank u)
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^
Indeed, it’s only got better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=01R_lP51Pw0
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Should a senior BJP member ask Indians in the UK NOT to vote for Labour on account of its support for a terrorist nation?

If anyone believes yes, then who and how to bell this cat.

Very polite example,

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN1UB25W
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

British Labour Party Appeaser of Terrorists?

Posted on September 30, 2019 Updated on September 30, 2019

Konversations with Kapil

https://kapilskhichadi.wordpress.com/20 ... errorists/
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Some Labour MPs and Councillors have had access to the corridors of power since 2014.
Who is he referring to?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/b ... 2019-09-30
Sept 30:
The Labour Party was snubbed by the Indian High Commission and various forums of Indian diaspora on September 29 when they organised India Day in London to mark the 73rd Independence Day that the country celebrated last month.

The special event was organised by India Day UK, NRI Platform UK and India Community Organisations, who had the backing of the High Commission of India in London. Held at Osterley Sports Grounds, India Day event did not have an invitee from the Labour Party.

'Boycott rather than entertain the Labour politicians' is a "policy" decision taken by the Indian government, said Kuldeep Shekhawat, the President of Overseas Friends while speaking to India Today in London.

This is a "pre-decided policy" to not support those taking "anti-India" stand. It resulted in cancellation of the reception dinner hosted by the HCI for Labour Party leaders. The same template is likely to be followed for future events.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

eklavya wrote:^^^
The current British royal family is German. They are the House of Battenberg.
They are certainly of German origin, but the main family is Windsor-veettil (which is the house of Saxe-Coburg).

There is also intermarriage with some of the Battenberg-veettil folks (who renamed themselves Mountbatten after WW1).
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

BBC 4 Docu-series on IRA and Northern Ireland trouble. Top secret security documents showing government systematically lying and conducting extra judicial killings Multiple agencies involved in intelligence gathering and moles and double agents. And that idiot JC has the temerity to advice India on Cash more.
Certain intelligence gathering and conducting ops reminds me of Indian struggles in cash more. AD as NSA and as point man has probably streamlined the process and the results are visible. Looks like AD is a great student of history and learns from others mistake.
Next time britshits talk of Cash more need to remind them of NI,
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

I live in the UQ and am SERIOUSLY thinking of cancelling my TV license. I don't watch BBC live or BBC iPlayer anymore. Only watch streaming services like Netflix and Amazon. Most of the TV license goes to BBC and I am no more willing to pay them money to them. I would recommend people take a real look to see if they can avoid paying TV license - legally, of course - especially if you don't watch BBC at all.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

i hope you know the conditions entail that you dont watch any live program...
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Rsatchi wrote:BBC 4 Docu-series on IRA and Northern Ireland trouble. Top secret security documents showing government systematically lying and conducting extra judicial killings Multiple agencies involved in intelligence gathering and moles and double agents. And that idiot JC has the temerity to advice India on Cash more.
Certain intelligence gathering and conducting ops reminds me of Indian struggles in cash more. AD as NSA and as point man has probably streamlined the process and the results are visible. Looks like AD is a great student of history and learns from others mistake.
Next time britshits talk of Cash more need to remind them of NI,
good point, please point the link as well.. so that others can refer to ...preferably a SM link so that it doesnt go through BRF directly
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

ArjunPandit wrote:i hope you know the conditions entail that you dont watch any live program...
Yes. Read through it all.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

We should have buycott bbc hashag..anyways most of indian channels are not FTA
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Kashi wrote:Who is he referring to?
It is a reference to the Indian origin MP's, Councillors and wannabe MP's, Councillors.

Have met a few over the years and generally speaking they are very self serving.
The USP they put forward to the British and Indian governments is as follows:

To the British government/establishment/political parties
"we have links and influence with the "asian" and especially the Indian community.
"We can get money and votes from the same"

To the Indian government:
"we have links and influence with the British government/establishment/political parties"
"we can influence them"

The reality is that demography is destiny.

I have a friend who has set up a twitter account with a view to influencing the Indian community, it is doing well, about 780 + followers mainly Indian in the UK. He has been warning of this for decades, literally. What he has learned along the way, dealing face to face with Indian community leaders and activists is horrifying.
The peaceful ones are backed by sowdi money. They take over an area and then approach a political party and promise to deliver a block vote....on condition that one of their community is the candidate. This happened to Mukesh Malhotra, the Deputy Mayor of Hounslow (Labour) replaced by a pakistani who was tweeting about Jewish/Israeli conspiracies!!
The Indian community is too divided, by region, by caste.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

EswarPrakash wrote:I live in the UQ and am SERIOUSLY thinking of cancelling my TV license. I don't watch BBC live or BBC iPlayer anymore. Only watch streaming services like Netflix and Amazon. Most of the TV license goes to BBC and I am no more willing to pay them money to them. I would recommend people take a real look to see if they can avoid paying TV license - legally, of course - especially if you don't watch BBC at all.
but you need TV licence to watch any thing live on TV

Code: Select all

What TV services do not require a TV licence?
Without a licence, you can legally watch:

Netflix
YouTube
Amazon Prime
DVDs/Blurays
Non-BBC catch-up including ITV Player, Channel 4 on-demand, as long as it's NOT live
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

IndraD wrote:
EswarPrakash wrote:I live in the UQ and am SERIOUSLY thinking of cancelling my TV license. I don't watch BBC live or BBC iPlayer anymore. Only watch streaming services like Netflix and Amazon. Most of the TV license goes to BBC and I am no more willing to pay them money to them. I would recommend people take a real look to see if they can avoid paying TV license - legally, of course - especially if you don't watch BBC at all.
but you need TV licence to watch any thing live on TV

Code: Select all

What TV services do not require a TV licence?
Without a licence, you can legally watch:

Netflix
YouTube
Amazon Prime
DVDs/Blurays
Non-BBC catch-up including ITV Player, Channel 4 on-demand, as long as it's NOT live
Yes, but I don't watch anything live. The thing is YouTube "Live" - which I typically watch via Chromecast doesn't need a TV license. So, I am good with that - provided my SHQ agrees, of course
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Whether you watch BBC or not, if you own a TV then you have to have a licence.
It is not true that if you do not watch any BBC channels then you do not need a licence.
This is a common misconception that is simply not true. It is in reality a TV tax.

On the plus side, you probably won't be caught. However if you are, you will be prosecuted.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

What kind of nation has a TV tax and License, its not really a free nation.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

EU realities. License and tax on everything. I can see the scene in my mind: Inspecteur Clouseau:
You have a minkey! Votre licaaanz s'il vous plait!
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

They take over an area and then approach a political party and promise to deliver a block vote....on condition that one of their community is the candidate. This happened to Mukesh Malhotra, the Deputy Mayor of Hounslow (Labour) replaced by a pakistani who was
Meaning maai baap (UK govt) doesn't have answer to this taking over area by interested groups too! It all looks great lecture ing far off lands though. Point to note every time how going far doesn't mean a thing. Actually isn't such behaviour supposed to not be part of democracy and remain in worship place or am I missing something.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Haresh wrote:
Whether you watch BBC or not, if you own a TV then you have to have a licence.
It is not true that if you do not watch any BBC channels then you do not need a licence.
This is a common misconception that is simply not true. It is in reality a TV tax.

On the plus side, you probably won't be caught. However if you are, you will be prosecuted.
i had read the conditions earlier this year ..when i moved..and it is like you watch anything live on tv..not to have a tv....i think you cna have a tv still.but claim you dont watch anything live....
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Aditya_V wrote:What kind of nation has a TV tax and License, its not really a free nation.
May be you may not remember but India used to have Radio licence which has to be renewed every year at the local post office. The inspectors used to look for the antennas (at that time you needed a long wire antenna like the the one you use to dry your clothes except it is made of wire) to fine people. Those were the days when you waited years to buy a little Vespa or go to the local post office to book for the stately Ambassador.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

A single TV Licence covers all of the following in a single property:

TV sets
computers
laptops
tablets
mobile phones
any other device that can receive a TV signal
You do not need a TV Licence to watch:

non-BBC programmes on online catch-up services
videos or DVDs
clips on websites like YouTube
closed circuit television (CCTV)
UK

Without a TV licence you can not even have cell phone at home!
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

saip wrote:A single TV Licence covers all of the following in a single property:

TV sets
computers
laptops
tablets
mobile phones

videos or DVDs
UK

You don't need a TV license if all you are doing is watching streaming services (other than BBC iPlayer). You can have mobile phones without paying TV license. It is ONLY when you try to watch any kind of "Live TV" that you need a TV license. clicky
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

saip wrote:A single TV Licence covers all of the following in a single property:

TV sets
computers
laptops
tablets
mobile phones

videos or DVDs
UK

I never knew UK still has a TV license fee. It was an annoyance when I was there in the early 80s. BBC claimed since they had no ads, the viewing public had to pay a fee to watch programming, theoretically if you could prove you only watched ITV (there were only four channels then), you could get away without a license. It's a bit like road tax for cars, an archaic system where even if you take your car out once a week you are taxed the same as the guy who is driving a 100 miles a day.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

saip wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:What kind of nation has a TV tax and License, its not really a free nation.
May be you may not remember but India used to have Radio licence which has to be renewed every year at the local post office. The inspectors used to look for the antennas (at that time you needed a long wire antenna like the the one you use to dry your clothes except it is made of wire) to fine people. Those were the days when you waited years to buy a little Vespa or go to the local post office to book for the stately Ambassador.
i made the same comment to my relocation assistant when i was told you need a license to use a TV. She was surprised that we dont have to pay any fees. In a sense it not just goes to this but also to probably the entire transmission system (not sure of that)
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

The license fee is used to fund a left wing pro islamist bbc.
They should be made to sell advertising.

Sikh peer quits Today programme's Thought for the Day slot after 35 years and blasts BBC 'thought police' who tried to censor his address to Radio 4 listeners in case it offended Muslims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... years.html
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Primus wrote:

TV sets
computers
laptops
tablets
mobile phones

videos or DVDs
UK

I never knew UK still has a TV license fee. It was an annoyance when I was there in the early 80s. BBC claimed since they had no ads, the viewing public had to pay a fee to watch programming, theoretically if you could prove you only watched ITV (there were only four channels then), you could get away without a license. It's a bit like road tax for cars, an archaic system where even if you take your car out once a week you are taxed the same as the guy who is driving a 100 miles a day.
i read somewhere, a long time ago, that they used to have special patrolling vans to ferret out TV sets by homing in on the RF radiation emitted by the working TV sets.

these britshits would squeeze blood from a stone if money was involved.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

the letters they send are quite threatening ..although most of the times its some private agency....i doubt they can do that now..esp with broadband in dual band wifis ..anyways most of the tv connections is cabled no?
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

chetak wrote:
Primus wrote:
i read somewhere, a long time ago, that they used to have special patrolling vans to ferret out TV sets by homing in on the RF radiation emitted by the working TV sets.

these britshits would squeeze blood from a stone if money was involved.
Yes, that's absolutely true. They had warnings on TV that if you were caught watching BBC without a license you would have to pay hefty fines, there were vans roaming the streets to ensure this. We all thought it was better to simply pay up.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Memory lane: When I was in UK back in the 1980s there was a license fee for watching TV. This was meant for the BBC. However, there was resentment among the British Bhadralok that the BBC spent the money for foreign broadcasts meant to emphasize the British point of view (propaganda for the third world countries). By that time the British Empire was toothless and only the BBC thought that it made a difference. They always said that they read the news much slowly and clearly when compared to the VOA, which was done so that the natives could understand it better. VOA that time was a rival organization and had money to throw around, unlike the BBC. Just as the argument went the MI6 did better job than the CIA with less money and more sophistication. James Bond and all that. When you purchased a TV set in UK, it came with forms for payments this license. I took a risk and did not pay. Now, when I lived in West Berlin there was also a fee for watching TV. But they did not enforce this law in student hostels and I did not pay. UK did have private TV (ITN) but BBC did not show commercials and justified the license fee in this way. Germany had commercials but it was on a very limited scale on designated times. Nothing like what we get in the US. If I remember correctly, Germany even today has a fee for using the Internet. I do remember radio licenses in India too. But then I am ancient with a long memory.
Gautam
Last edited by g.sarkar on 05 Oct 2019 10:41, edited 1 time in total.