Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
souravB
BRFite

Re: Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

Post by souravB »

Peregrine ji, so had the Pakis been more efficient, they could've been into deeper shit? jeez they aren't even capable of screwing ownself.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

souravB wrote:Peregrine ji, so had the Pakis been more efficient, they could've been into deeper shit? jeez they aren't even capable of screwing ownself.
souravB Ji :
The Terroristanis do not even have a screw driver. Thus they have to get Chinese help so that the Terroristanis can get "Screwed"

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

S&P BSE SENSEX

Index Current : 38,177.95 - Pt. Change : +645.97 - % Change : +1.72

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) : 1,43,94,353.78 - $ 1 / I N R = 71.1050

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 2,024.38 Billion

P S E

Current Index : 33,523.74 – Change : 47.12 - % Change 0.14% - High : 33,604.16 – Low : 33,339.32

Market Capitalization of PSE Listed Co. (Rs.Tr.) : 6,608,339,870,409 - 156.60

Market Capitalization of PSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 42.20 Billion

B S E : P S E : : 47.97 : 1

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

World Economic Forum

INDIA - Page 294 / 666 – Rank 68th / 141

TERRORISTAN – Page 482/666 – Rank 110 th / 141

Cheers Image
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If TSP gets balck listed on FATF, what are the consequences?
I would like a list of things that could go south?
And what to watch for?
Already Immy gang is opening 600 soup kitchens as a prelude.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

ramana wrote:If TSP gets balck listed on FATF, what are the consequences?
And what to watch for?
ramana Ji :

Remember Terroristan Destabilized Afghanistan! This led to Millions upon Millions Afghanistani Refugees seeking refuge in Terroristan. IMO Most Important point is for India to Build a Fifty Feet High - Fifty Feet Wide - 100 Feet Deep Wall Reinforced with Armoured Steel on the Indian side of the Indo - Terroristani Border with Sensors to prevent Millions upon Millions of Hungry and Impoverished Terroristanis seeking Refuge in India.

Paranoid? No - I am not!

You will note that neither Afghanistan nor China nor Iran will accept them.
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan pledges to provide free food and shelter to the poor and homeless

Imran Khan to open 1200 ‘Langar Khanas’ (soup kitchen) across Pakistan to feed the poor
Cheers Image
venug
BRFite

Post by venug »

And what to watch for?
Ramana garu:
1.15 B$ through annual remittances from Pakis living outside will stop and current account deficit will increase to 27B$/year
2. IMF, ADB etc would impose sanctions, no IMF bail out.
3. Trade will be sanctioned. eg North Korea
4. Pakistani banks will face great difficulty getting clearances from global institutions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0aRwxMlV_c
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So whats the current PKR rate to $ and to INR?
Whats the expected rate after Blacklist?

In your list only 1 is quantified.

Need to quantify the rest with expected number.
Ex. How much IMF and ADB are lending in 2018 and 2019?
Whats their export/Import value for 2011/2018?

I can get all those myself but want folks to think quantitatively.
8)
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

Quick question: If FATF blacklisted will the other 2.5 forefathers be unable to transfer money in $? Or is that channel still available for the Pakis to straggle along for a while?
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

With China, Malaysia and Turkey openly coming out in support of the pakis, it is unlikely that they will be blacklisted by FATF.
At best they will continue to be on some kind of an extended grey list, till they meet some of the additional requirements. They will keep on showing partial compliance with progressively more number of items and then in another year or so, most other countries will loose interest and the pakis will be off the hook.

I hope I am wrong and pakis do end up with their face blackened, but I am not holding my breath for it.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

S&P BSE SENSEX

Index Current : 38,127.08 - Pt. Change : +246.68 - % Change : +0.65

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) : 1,44,06,133.84 - $ 1 / I N R : 71.1300

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 2,020.21 Billion

Current Index : 34,475.69 – Change : 447.99 - % Change : 1.3% - High : 34,689.30 – Low : 34,027.70

Market Capitalization of PSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) : 6,771,134,432,982 - $ 1 / T R : 156.40

Market Capitalization of PSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) : 43.29 Billion

B S E : P S E : : 46.67 : 1

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Paklstan's remittance flow slows down in Q1 - Salman Siddiqui
KARACHI: Pakistan received 1.43% lower remittances from overseas Pakistanis which amounted to $5.47 billion in the quarter ended September 30, 2019 compared to $5.55 billion in the same quarter of previous year.
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Cheers Image
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

mody wrote:With China, Malaysia and Turkey openly coming out in support of the pakis, it is unlikely that they will be blacklisted by FATF.
At best they will continue to be on some kind of an extended grey list, till they meet some of the additional requirements. They will keep on showing partial compliance with progressively more number of items and then in another year or so, most other countries will loose interest and the pakis will be off the hook.

I hope I am wrong and pakis do end up with their face blackened, but I am not holding my breath for it.
chanikan..but still that it is good that they stay that ways..else they'll be forced to mend their ways...and we might be forced to show peace overtures...
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

rofl..even BRF can't agree on the no.s about pakistan...how many langars 600 or 1200...
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan’s elephant in the room: unsustainable population growth - Syed Shahabuddin

As I had stated in my article “Pakistan in Economic Danger” published in the Daily Times of Pakistan on July 5, 2019, Pakistan is either bankrupt or will be bankrupt soon. The reason for the bankruptcy is Pakistan’s tremendous debt, to which the government is continually adding more by deficit spending. Further, the current government plans to pursue poverty programs, resulting in more spending that the government cannot afford. Despite the overspending, the government feels that it can spend any amount without consequences to the future of Pakistan. In one quarter (1st to 2nd quarter 2019), it has added $471,000,000 in external debt. The total debt is about Rs 35.09 trillion, which is 91.2% of the gross domestic product (GDP) of Pakistan.

In addition to its continually increasing debt, Pakistan faces another concurrent danger: a large and increasing population showing no sign of decreasing. Obviously, the large population requires tremendous resources to support the basic necessities, such as food, health infrastructure, schools, and housing. That means more money, which the government does not have and will require more deficit spending, more borrowing, and more debt. Unfortunately, despite the reckless spending by the current government, no one in Pakistan is considering the serious implications and consequences of a large population. They act as if this problem does not exist. It is the elephant in the room (Pakistan) that no one sees or wants to admit is there. The question every Pakistani, politician, and bureaucrat must ask is “How much money does the country need to support the current large and future expanding population?”

As of July 2019, the population of Pakistan was estimated at 217,457,428. It has grown from 40,488,030 in 1955, which is a 437% increase or 6.72% a year for 65 years. The current yearly growth rate is estimated at 2.04% with a fertility rate of 3.73%. The current density per km is 281 compared to 53 in 1955. Pakistan ranks fifth in population in the world. World meter info projects the population to be 338,013,196 by 2050. However, I project 410,335,019 by 2050,which will mean a population density at 438 or 450. However, it will still rank fifth in population in the world. Regardless, the fertility rate will stand at 3.55 as it is now, which, on the average, will increase the population by approximately 4.4million a year with no end in sight.

For the education sector, this population growth will require 140,000 classes each year and hiring at least as many teachers. If an average teacher makes Rs 30,000 a month, the total cost of the teachers will be Rs. 4,200,000,000 per month or Rs. 50,400,000,000 a year to support the new crop of children every year. Obviously, this does not include the cost of buildings, books, furniture, and administration. And if we do not educate all children, then Pakistan must be ready for an expanding unschooled population who would not understand the consequences of having too many children and would have no appreciation of using birth control.

In addition to basic schooling, consider how much it costs to feed these children. The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organizations (FAO) states that “Good nutrition is our first defense against disease and our source of energy to live and be active. Nutritional problems caused by an inadequate diet can be of many sorts, and when they affect a generation of youngsters, they can lower their learning capacities, thus compromising their futures, perpetuating a generational cycle of poverty and malnutrition, with severe consequences on both individuals and nations.” I do not expect that Pakistan can or will provide good nutrition due to its lack of resources and inept bureaucracy. However, I hope these children will get minimum nutrition to live on. According to the United States’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the minimum calories needed per day for women is 1,000 calories and for men, 1,200 calories. A person can barely live on 800 calories a day. The staples of the Pakistani diet could include 1 cup of rice (242 calories), 1 cup of kidney beans(613 calories), 1 cup of beans(93 calories),and plain Naan (500 calories) or Peshawari Naan (750 calories) with 1 cup of whole milk (148 calories). Any combination of these ingredients will provide the required daily calories.

The question is whether Pakistan has the resources to produce the amount of food needed to support the current population of 217,457,428 or the projected population of 410,335,019 in 2050.The most recent data (2013-2014) show that Pakistan produced 25,980,000 tons of wheat and 6,798,000 tons of rice. The current population needs at least 17,716,956 tons of rice a year, a shortage of 10,918,956 tons a year and needs 99,650,924 tons of wheat a year, a surplus of 8,262,044 tons a year. Pakistan can barely feed its current population and will not be able to feed its future population. According to DAWN, the current import of “food caused the capital flight of $6.185 billion from the country during the last fiscal year of 2017/18, weighing down the fragile external account in the agriculture country.” This is further proof that Pakistan is already importing a tremendous amount of food to feed its population. Given the current tremendous trade deficit, Pakistan cannot afford to import more without incurring tremendous debt, which will put Pakistan’s economy in a more precarious situation. To prevent disastrous economic consequences, Pakistan must implement population control.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

ArjunPandit wrote:rofl..even BRF can't agree on the no.s about pakistan...how many langars 600 or 1200...
Arjun Pandit Ji :

Your Post - 12 Oct 2019 02:10 – AAP KI SEVA MEIN PRASTOOT HAI :
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan pledges to provide free food and shelter to the poor and homeless

Imran Khan to open 1200 ‘Langar Khanas’ (soup kitchen) across Pakistan to feed the poor
Cheers Image
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Peregrine wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:rofl..even BRF can't agree on the no.s about pakistan...how many langars 600 or 1200...
Arjun Pandit Ji :

Your Post - 12 Oct 2019 02:10 – AAP KI SEVA MEIN PRASTOOT HAI :

Cheers Image
And what to watch for?
ramana guru is leaving 1000s of pakis hungry..and I cant stay quite..
In this forum can i ask "How dare you" to a mod without getting a ban/warning?
BTW is it the retirement planning of immy?
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Peregrine wrote:Pakistan’s elephant in the room: unsustainable population growth - Syed Shahabuddin
...The staples of the Pakistani diet could include 1 cup of rice (242 calories), 1 cup of kidney beans(613 calories), 1 cup of beans(93 calories),and plain Naan (500 calories) or Peshawari Naan (750 calories) with 1 cup of whole milk (148 calories). Any combination of these ingredients will provide the required daily calories....
No mention of meat? Can only be Raa saazish...
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Peregrine wrote:Pakistan’s elephant in the room: unsustainable population growth - Syed Shahabuddin

As I had stated in my article “Pakistan in Economic Danger” published in the Daily Times of Pakistan on July 5, 2019, Pakistan is either bankrupt or will be bankrupt soon. The reason for the bankruptcy is Pakistan’s tremendous debt, to which the government is continually adding more by deficit spending. Further, the current government plans to pursue poverty programs, resulting in more spending that the government cannot afford. Despite the overspending, the government feels that it can spend any amount without consequences to the future of Pakistan. In one quarter (1st to 2nd quarter 2019), it has added $471,000,000 in external debt. The total debt is about Rs 35.09 trillion, which is 91.2% of the gross domestic product (GDP) of Pakistan.

In addition to its continually increasing debt, Pakistan faces another concurrent danger: a large and increasing population showing no sign of decreasing. Obviously, the large population requires tremendous resources to support the basic necessities, such as food, health infrastructure, schools, and housing. That means more money, which the government does not have and will require more deficit spending, more borrowing, and more debt. Unfortunately, despite the reckless spending by the current government, no one in Pakistan is considering the serious implications and consequences of a large population. They act as if this problem does not exist. It is the elephant in the room (Pakistan) that no one sees or wants to admit is there. The question every Pakistani, politician, and bureaucrat must ask is “How much money does the country need to support the current large and future expanding population?”

As of July 2019, the population of Pakistan was estimated at 217,457,428. It has grown from 40,488,030 in 1955, which is a 437% increase or 6.72% a year for 65 years. The current yearly growth rate is estimated at 2.04% with a fertility rate of 3.73%. The current density per km is 281 compared to 53 in 1955. Pakistan ranks fifth in population in the world. World meter info projects the population to be 338,013,196 by 2050. However, I project 410,335,019 by 2050,which will mean a population density at 438 or 450. However, it will still rank fifth in population in the world. Regardless, the fertility rate will stand at 3.55 as it is now, which, on the average, will increase the population by approximately 4.4million a year with no end in sight.

For the education sector, this population growth will require 140,000 classes each year and hiring at least as many teachers. If an average teacher makes Rs 30,000 a month, the total cost of the teachers will be Rs. 4,200,000,000 per month or Rs. 50,400,000,000 a year to support the new crop of children every year. Obviously, this does not include the cost of buildings, books, furniture, and administration. And if we do not educate all children, then Pakistan must be ready for an expanding unschooled population who would not understand the consequences of having too many children and would have no appreciation of using birth control.

In addition to basic schooling, consider how much it costs to feed these children. The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organizations (FAO) states that “Good nutrition is our first defense against disease and our source of energy to live and be active. Nutritional problems caused by an inadequate diet can be of many sorts, and when they affect a generation of youngsters, they can lower their learning capacities, thus compromising their futures, perpetuating a generational cycle of poverty and malnutrition, with severe consequences on both individuals and nations.” I do not expect that Pakistan can or will provide good nutrition due to its lack of resources and inept bureaucracy. However, I hope these children will get minimum nutrition to live on. According to the United States’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the minimum calories needed per day for women is 1,000 calories and for men, 1,200 calories. A person can barely live on 800 calories a day. The staples of the Pakistani diet could include 1 cup of rice (242 calories), 1 cup of kidney beans(613 calories), 1 cup of beans(93 calories),and plain Naan (500 calories) or Peshawari Naan (750 calories) with 1 cup of whole milk (148 calories). Any combination of these ingredients will provide the required daily calories.

The question is whether Pakistan has the resources to produce the amount of food needed to support the current population of 217,457,428 or the projected population of 410,335,019 in 2050.The most recent data (2013-2014) show that Pakistan produced 25,980,000 tons of wheat and 6,798,000 tons of rice. The current population needs at least 17,716,956 tons of rice a year, a shortage of 10,918,956 tons a year and needs 99,650,924 tons of wheat a year, a surplus of 8,262,044 tons a year. Pakistan can barely feed its current population and will not be able to feed its future population. According to DAWN, the current import of “food caused the capital flight of $6.185 billion from the country during the last fiscal year of 2017/18, weighing down the fragile external account in the agriculture country.” This is further proof that Pakistan is already importing a tremendous amount of food to feed its population. Given the current tremendous trade deficit, Pakistan cannot afford to import more without incurring tremendous debt, which will put Pakistan’s economy in a more precarious situation. To prevent disastrous economic consequences, Pakistan must implement population control.

Cheers Image
Peregrineji
Noob pooch
is it just the Pakjabi breeding like the bunnies or is it the 'Peaceful' order itself being sex mad and nothing else
I mean you have 72's, sex with underage girls sharia compliant, multiple wives, abductions rapes, sex slaves, peacefuls involved child sex rackets in the west, recent news of raping dolphins, pee pee see report of sex trade in Iraq with wait for it 'one day marriage' solemnised by a quazi and some idiot openly proclaiming sex with girls above 9 sharia compliant!!! :roll: :eek:
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Peregrine wrote:Paklstan's remittance flow slows down in Q1 - Salman Siddiqui
KARACHI: Pakistan received 1.43% lower remittances from overseas Pakistanis which amounted to $5.47 billion in the quarter ended September 30, 2019 compared to $5.55 billion in the same quarter of previous year.
Cheers Image
Normally if the currency is trading at record lows more remittances take place. In case of Porkistan even low rates are not working :rotfl: .
Means two things either Pakis are waiting for their currency to further tank (Inshallah) or the number of porkis earning overseas has gone down. The numbers in UAE and Saudi has actually gone down with a lot of people thrown out.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

mody wrote:With China, Malaysia and Turkey openly coming out in support of the pakis, it is unlikely that they will be blacklisted by FATF.

That is the most likely outcome IMO (extended grey list).
The continuation of the current IMF program is doubtful (even if they do not go into the black list), because there is a huge gap, within the first 6 months, between Pak's commitments and actual performance.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

...The staples of the Pakistani diet could include 1 cup of rice (242 calories), 1 cup of kidney beans(613 calories), 1 cup of beans(93 calories),and plain Naan (500 calories) or Peshawari Naan (750 calories) with 1 cup of whole milk (148 calories). Any combination of these ingredients will provide the required daily calories....
yensoy wrote: No mention of meat? Can only be Raa saazish...No mention of meat? Can only be Raa saazish...
yensoy Ji :

In my Post of 12 Oct 2019 03:15 the Author Syed Shahabuddin has stated :

1. The total debt is about Rs 35.09 trillion, which is 91.2% of the gross domestic product (GDP) of Pakistan.

2. As of July 2019, the population of Pakistan was estimated at 217,457,428. It has grown from 40,488,030 in 1955, which is a 437% increase or 6.72% a year for 65 years. The current yearly growth rate is estimated at 2.04% with a fertility rate of 3.73%. The current density per km is 281 compared to 53 in 1955. Pakistan ranks fifth in population in the world. World meter info projects the population to be 338,013,196 by 2050. However, I project 410,335,019 by 2050,which will mean a population density at 438 or 450.

3. This is further proof that Pakistan is already importing a tremendous amount of food to feed its population. Given the current tremendous trade deficit, Pakistan cannot afford to import more without incurring tremendous debt, which will put Pakistan’s economy in a more precarious situation. To prevent disastrous economic consequences, Pakistan must implement population control.

As such Terroristan will not be able to support the Food Bill 2050 as presently those of the Ordinary Aam Abdul and Burqa Bilkis ILK are unable to afford Meat at all!

SNAFU!

Cheers Image
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Vips wrote:
Normally if the currency is trading at record lows more remittances take place. In case of Porkistan even low rates are not working :rotfl: .
Means two things either Pakis are waiting for their currency to further tank (Inshallah) or the number of porkis earning overseas has gone down. The numbers in UAE and Saudi has actually gone down with a lot of people thrown out.
I believe both assumptions are partly correct. Remittances from the Gulf have ,marginally gone up (only 10% in the past 4 years) but that could be because of 1 time transfers of all assets by Pak expats returning home for good.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Rsatchi wrote:Peregrineji
Noob pooch
is it just the Pakjabi breeding like the bunnies or is it the 'Peaceful' order itself being sex mad and nothing else
I mean you have 72's, sex with underage girls sharia compliant, multiple wives, abductions rapes, sex slaves, peacefuls involved child sex rackets in the west, recent news of raping dolphins, pee pee see report of sex trade in Iraq with wait for it 'one day marriage' solemnised by a quazi and some idiot openly proclaiming sex with girls above 9 sharia compliant!!! :roll: :eek:
Rsatchi Ji

Sir Ji,

I have been advised by "close friends" that the Terroristan Aam Abduls have been strongly advised to regularly pursue the Practice of participation in the "हथकरघा i.e. hathakaragha" i.e Hand Loom Industry with great fervor! :rotfl:

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan likely to miss inflation, public debt targets - Shahbaz Rana
ISLAMABAD: The World Bank has cut Pakistan’s economic growth forecast for the next two years and also projected that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s government would miss inflation, public debt, and fiscal deficit reduction targets.
The findings that the WB reported in its annual flagship report, the South Asia Economic Focus Fall 2019, have underpinned challenges that the government will face at least till the end of the third year in power. The WB also said Pakistan’s economic behaviour is different than all the other South Asian nations.
Despite significant devaluation, the WB still sees the Pakistan rupee overvalued by the end of September by approximately 4.8%. It has shown the Real Effective Exchange Rate at 104.8 – an insertion that independent economists do not accept who currently see the rupee undervalued after significant devaluation by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government.
Cheers Image
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

x-posting

https://www.dawn.com/news/1510831
PM Imran issues orders to control inflation, summons all chief ministers for consultation

:rotfl:

What a travesty. Some SDRE won the Nobel prize in Economics while Niazi's economic genius in controlling inflation by issuing a decree goes unrecognized. :((
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

And the drama continues....

Pakistan is on the verge of strong action by the international terror financing watchdog FATF and the country may be put in the 'Dark Grey' list, the last warning to improve. Officials attending the ongoing plenary of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) here said as per indications, Pakistan will be isolated by all members for not doing enough.

Pakistan is on the verge of facing strong action by FATF, given its inadequate performance since it managed to pass in only six of 27 items, an official privy to the development said. The FATF will finalise its decision on Pakistan on October 18.

According to FATF rules there is one essential stage between 'Grey' and 'Black' lists, referred to as 'Dark Grey'.

'Dark Grey' means issuance of a strong warning, so that the country concerned gets one last chance to improve, another official said. 'Dark Grey' was the term used for warning up to 3rd Phase. Now it's just called last warning - that is the 4th phase.

The FATF is an inter-governmental body established in 1989 to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and other related threats to the integrity of the international financial system.

Pakistan was placed on the Grey List by the Paris-based watchdog in June last year and was given a plan of action to complete it by October 2019, or face the risk of being placed on the black list with Iran and North Korea.

If Pakistan continues with the 'grey list' or put in 'Dark Grey' list, it would be very difficult for the country to get financial aid from the IMF, the World Bank and the European Union, making its financial condition more precarious.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Cheers Image
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Peregrineji,
Pakistan needs more population for Gazwa, not less. A lot of mango people is needed for as canon fodder. Aar paar ki jung is coming and Pakistan will win over the SDRE. Remember: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_ ... man_Mother
Gautam
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Terroristan Thread

Pakistan isolated by all countries in FATF, on verge of being in 'Dark Grey' list – PTI

HIGHLIGHTS

- Pakistan is on the verge of facing strong action by FATF, given its inadequate performance

- The FATF will finalise its decision on Pakistan on October 18

- 'Dark Grey' means issuance of a strong warning, so that the country concerned gets one last chance to improve, an official said

PARIS: Pakistan is on the verge of strong action by the international terror financing watchdog FATF and the country may be put in the 'Dark Grey' list, the last warning to improve.

Officials attending the ongoing plenary of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) here said as per indications, Pakistan will be isolated by all members for not doing enough.

Pakistan is on the verge of facing strong action by FATF, given its inadequate performance since it managed to pass in only six of 27 items, an official privy to the development said.

The FATF will finalise its decision on Pakistan on October 18.

According to FATF rules there is one essential stage between 'Grey' and 'Black' lists, referred to as 'Dark Grey'.

'Dark Grey' means issuance of a strong warning, so that the country concerned gets one last chance to improve, another official said.

'Dark Grey' was the term used for warning up to 3rd Phase. Now it's just called last warning, – that is the 4th phase

The FATF is an inter-governmental body established in 1989 to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and other related threats to the integrity of the international financial system.

Pakistan was placed on the Grey List by the Paris-based watchdog in June last year and was given a plan of action to complete it by October 2019, or face the risk of being placed on the black list with Iran and North Korea.

If Pakistan continues with the 'grey list' or put in 'Dark Grey' list, it would be very difficult for the country to get financial aid from the IMF, the World Bank and the European Union, making its financial condition more precarious.

Cheers Image
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

So Pakistan is going to be put on a shortlist which is darkgrey.

Will they be importing rice any time soon? :mrgreen:
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Pakistan likely to miss (as if there is any doubt about it) inflation, public debt targets.

The World Bank has cut Pakistan’s economic growth forecast for the next two years and also projected that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s government would miss inflation, public debt, and fiscal deficit reduction targets. The findings that the WB reported in its annual flagship report, the South Asia Economic Focus Fall 2019, have underpinned challenges that the government will face at least till the end of the third year in power. The WB also said Pakistan’s economic behaviour is different than all the other South Asian nations.

Despite significant devaluation, the WB still sees the Pakistan rupee overvalued by the end of September by approximately 4.8% :mrgreen: (Translation Scope for devaluing paki toilet paper by atleast another Rs 8 compared to the $) . It has shown the Real Effective Exchange Rate at 104.8 – an insertion that independent economists do not accept who currently see the rupee undervalued after significant devaluation by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government.

The report, released from Washington on Sunday, predicted that for the first time since 2001 Pakistan’s progress towards poverty reduction would ‘stall’ due to macroeconomic adjustments initiated under the $6 billion 39-month International Monetary Fund (IMF) programme. Prime Minister Imran has already opened a public ‘Langar’ scheme to help poor people get a two-time free meal.

The bad news to miss key macroeconomic targets, except current account deficit, came a day after the PM’s Finance Adviser Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh announced that the government brought the trade and fiscal deficits under control during the first quarter of this fiscal year. :rotfl:

Pakistan, like many South Asian countries, is growing half of its potential¬ and in the fiscal year 2019-20, it would grow at a rate of only 2.4%, according to the WB report. The forecast is in line with the Ministry of Finance and the IMF projections. “In Pakistan, growth is projected to deteriorate further to 2.4% this fiscal year, as monetary policy remains tight, and the planned fiscal consolidation will compress domestic demand,” said the WB.

It added that economic growth is expected to recover slowly, to just 3% in the next fiscal year 2020-21, as macroeconomic conditions improve and external demand picks up on the back of structural reforms and increased competitiveness.

The WB said the IMF programme is expected to help growth recover from the fiscal year 2021-22 onwards. But this recovery is conditional to relatively stable global markets, a decline in international oil prices and reduced political and security risks. In April, the WB had predicted Pakistan’s economy to grow by 2.7% in this fiscal year and 3.9% in the next fiscal year.

“Progress in poverty reduction is expected to be limited during the macroeconomic adjustment period,” said the WB. It said progress in poverty reduction, “which was uninterrupted since 2001, is expected to stall during the macroeconomic adjustment period, due to decelerating growth and higher inflation rates”.

The poverty headcount, measured using the USD 1.90 per person per day international poverty line, is projected to remain at the last fiscal year level of 3.1%. The poverty measured using the USD 3.2 line is expected to decline from 31.4% last year to 31.2% in FY20, while poverty measured using the USD 5.5 poverty line is projected at 72.5% in this fiscal year, compared to 72.6% in last fiscal year.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

yensoy wrote:No mention of meat? Can only be Raa saazish...
Growing vegetarianism in Pakistan — a choice or a necessity?
A recent report showed Pakistan to be the second-fastest growing vegetarian country in the world. Analysts say high inflation is impacting the food patterns of many Pakistanis, compelling them to give up eating meat.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Wasn't the stated goal of Pakistani leaders to eat grass and do other things thereafter. So nothing new here.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The proverbial picture says the thousand words.

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

vimal wrote:Wasn't the stated goal of Pakistani leaders to eat grass and do other things thereafter. So nothing new here.
The new thing is that they are going to run out of that as well within the next 2-3 decades or so

Pakistan Forest information data

Perhaps they should develop a taste for the sand in Arabia..
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Manish_P wrote:
vimal wrote:Wasn't the stated goal of Pakistani leaders to eat grass and do other things thereafter. So nothing new here.
The new thing is that they are going to run out of that as well within the next 2-3 decades or so

Pakistan Forest information data

Perhaps they should develop a taste for the sand in Arabia..

ManishJi
Just as the jews had Manna' sent from heaven during their years of wandering in the desert, who knows 'NaPaks' may get 'Nihari' and 'Kebabs' :lol: :lol:
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

That would have been fine if the hordes of Pak Awaam would head westwards. Call me pessimistic but i just don't see that happening.

Geographical and demographical conditions (at the time) will favour migration eastwards (not to forget the divine instructions as per the Book) :-?
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

S&P BSE SENSEX

Index Current : 38,506.09 - Pt. Change : +291.62 - % Change : +0.76

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) : 1,45,86,056.28 - $ 1 / I N R : 71.2325

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 2.047.67 Billion

P S E

Current Index : 34,083.53 – Change : - 102.73 - % Change : -0.3% - High : 34,259.23 – Low : 33,929.19

Market Capitalization of PSE Listed Co. (Rs.Tr.) : 6,719.719,784,910 - $ 1 / T R : 156.2415

Market Capitalization of PSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 43.01 Billion

B S E : P S E : : 47.61 : 1