2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Karthik S »

hanumadu wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
People would have spoken in similar melodramatic way about duratma gandhi about a century ago.

BTW I do hope what you say comes true, survival of India and hinduism.
Do you think Gandhi would have abrogated article 370? Or pound the living day lights out of the pakis. You are too insecure.
hanumadu garu, you got a point, but, tell me, how have those changed things within country? From what I see, BJP high command has been very reluctant in taking tough measures against internal pakis, BIFs. Check by2kaafi's timeline. Check noconversion's timeline. Most of the things mentioned there can be stopped or addressed by GoI. Am still hopeful, but this is 6th year in a row we are waiting

Edit: One more
Prashanth @pvaidyaraj
Updated
@NPCI_BHIM
and to my utter disgust and shock found that this app launched by
@PMOIndia is listing anti-India org Amnesty for donations! Dear
@rsprasad , this is not done. Pls investigate and take action against those responsible for this goof up and get it removed

This is nth time such thing has happened, and every time BJP supporters in SM have to highlight the issue.

Ofcourse people will get insecure.
Last edited by Karthik S on 22 Oct 2019 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Anyone remember one of the first reforms pushed by Modi after assuming power in 2014 flush with the an electoral victory unrivaled in the previous 30 years? In principle a yinduvadi PM with such a massive victory should have been able to push it through. It wasn't even a massively divisive religious issue but a secular issue.

What happened and why? Those who doesn't learn the lessons of history do not live to tell.
A Deshmukh
BRFite

Post by A Deshmukh »

pankajs wrote:Anyone remember one of the first reforms pushed by Modi after assuming power in 2014 flush with the an electoral victory unrivaled in the previous 30 years? In principle a yinduvadi PM with such a massive victory should have been able to push it through.
Judicial Appointments. But struck down by SC.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Only uber-yinduvadi will think there is anything wrong with this photo. #ModiHaiToMumkinHai :rotfl:
To the rest this is just a normal courtesy call. Raj Dharma, ityadi ...

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1186535404838649856
iMac_too @iMac_too

"Congratulations Abhijit bhai for Nobel. Also thank you for helping me in my second victory"

"Thank you, PM ji. But how did I help you?

"Abhijit ji, your did NYAY to Pappu ji's in-born talent"
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

A Deshmukh wrote:
pankajs wrote:Anyone remember one of the first reforms pushed by Modi after assuming power in 2014 flush with the an electoral victory unrivaled in the previous 30 years? In principle a yinduvadi PM with such a massive victory should have been able to push it through.
Judicial Appointments. But struck down by SC.
Because I did not want to google I wrote "one of the first reforms" to account for my poor recollection. :)

Judicial Appointments may be but I was essentially recollecting the land reform legislation that had to be abandoned my Modi-1. The reason was that the rest of the opposition came together to corner the government and incite the farmers against Modi/BJP.

After pushing it for a while, Modi had to take it back and suffer a defeat in his agenda. This was an issue that wasn't even that divisive.

Lets assume Modi was determined not to back down on the land reform issue. The opposition had gotten the farmers riled up and succeed in painting Modi as anti-farmer. Anyway the issue was stuck in the RS but would have continued to be a potent issue rather gather more energy into the 2019 GE season. Modi would have been voted out and the ragtag coalition that came in would have {repealed/denotified/retracted/whatever it the correct term} it. Not only would it have achieved nothing in the land reforms but also nullified ALL the rest of BJP's DOABLE agenda.

End result, FULL loss for NO gain AND additional loss on the rest of the agenda. Modi is smarter than that, read the writing on the wall and backtracked. Many lessons for our uber-yinduvadi friends.

Side note RJB is getting done via SC when the GOI could have acted on its own. Why did Modi choose to let the opportunity pass to write himself into history? Must be very painful for an attention-monger like him to hand over the limelight to someone else. Why then? There too are lessons to be learnt by our uber-yinduvadi friends.

Also note, while Triple talak was re-introduced, we still haven't heard anything about the re-introduction of the land reform legislation yet! Lesson here too.

One objective I will state clearly here is to ensure longevity of BJP rule to avoid rollbacks till the law/decision/thinking becomes part of the background like how secularism has become part of the basic structure of the constitution without being part of the original. Like I had stated a while back the objective is to "occupy the crease" to "prevent mischief". Nothing can be more dangerous at this stage than push an issue that splits the Yindu vote and hand over the country to pure poison of "Sonia's Congress". Anyone remember the fate of POTA? Lesson in that too. For the remaining lesson I will leave it to people to think and deduce for themselves.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^very well crafted...its like everything right here right now mentality...i didnt think about RJB being feasible in my lifetime and sights on PoK ....screws are being tightened all around....
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Being in power is itself politics.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^very well crafted...its like everything right here right now mentality...i didnt think about RJB being feasible in my lifetime and sights on PoK ....screws are being tightened all around....
We should thank all the unknown nameless folks who worked very hard to win 2019 with a convincing margin.

Kudos to your efforts.

#JaiMataDi
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

karthik, by2kaffi inputs are being worked on and he is happy with that. Rest wait and watch
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^i hope he didnt say chacha nehru picked celibacy from islam...
Tweet that in response.

Chacha had his multiple affairs just as Mo married multiple women out of societal concerns
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/YRDeshmukh/status/1 ... 0302141440
Yashwant Deshmukh @YRDeshmukh

I am afraid, not even the core. Essentially the local level anti-NDA candidate voters. And we are getting some really surprising trends among minority voters this time. One can say they are shocking to some extent.
What does it mean?

They stayed home and opted out.
The men forced the women not to vote?
3T etc
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

pankajs wrote:Oy hoy ho ho ha ha ...

Just heard the India Today anchor say on TV, the poorer the voter the more the propensity it seems they have to vote for BJP. He seems to be seeing this in his poll data.

Bhellu .. How did BJP become the DEFAULT party of the poor? IF one had carefully noted what that bleddy Mudi was up to over the past 2-4 years, they would have spotted his play for the poor vote.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7724&start=2400#p2388694
pankajs wrote:1. BJP does not care for the uber-yinduvadi vote. Modi knows it is volatile and has worked very hard for the first 5 years of his term to create a sizable buffer to account for some vote defection because Modi did not follow the exact script laid out by these folks. None of the yindu core issues were addressed in the first 5 years yet Modi/BJP increased their vote share by 6-9%. That was quite a swing by any measure. Modi has the pulse of the yindu people except for the uber-yinduvadis.
That bleddy Mudi is here to implement his own agenda per his own script and at his own pace. Paying some attention to the moves of this master politician and some critical thinking would have saved some folks a lot of grief.

Better to understand the method to Modi's madness than pull out ones own hair in frustration. The other option is to trust him fully and leave it at that.

The whole Lootyens media has been on a hunt for root cause to find how and why NaMo2.0 got actualized.

Coupta attributed to four measures that GOI took in December to Jan that changed the tide.
Here IT says the poor voted for NaMo.
You have seen the past actions.

But December 2018 was touch and go.
The four states results indicated RaGa was on the rise and could win somehow.

Also Don't mind the #UberYinduvadis *

They only outrage and behave as Opposition.

Not one can win a municipal council seat.

* #UberYinduvadis Need to be added to the dictionary and spread on SM.

Actually they always existed in Indian history and are the root cause of the many defeats of valiant rulers.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Shameless plug: in the very first page of this thread I wrote this post about what I observed of Modi's sense of priorities to be and how I feel that contributed directly to his 2019 win.

He had a strategy to get elected in 2014, and one to win again in 2019. Neither of them were touch and go. Not only did he win by miles (relatively speaking - margins not seen since Banditji era), but both his GEs saw historical turnout highs unrivaled in Indian electoral history. Many people ascribed it to technology/youth etc, but one must not confuse enabling factors with motivators - people who don't care to vote, won't vote.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Do watch the embedded video of 1:24 mins

https://twitter.com/RAC7R/status/1186566916367773697
Scar @RAC7R

Time for liberals, Congressis & Bengali intellectuals to disown Nobel prize winner 'Sanghi' Abhijit Banerjee
More lollwa in this embedded video. Do watch
https://twitter.com/erbmjha/status/1186572470809051136
BALA @erbmjha
LOL, Abhi Nehr_who aayega aur isko Sanghi bolke gaali dega
https://twitter.com/Mohansinha/status/1 ... 2879217665
Mohan Sinha @Mohansinha

1. I like Abhijit Banerjee. He just told journos at a press conference he doesn't have to air his views on every subject just because they want to ask him those questions. 'Nail Modi' Agenda collapsed! One of the organizers asked journalists to ask questions on the subject he won
#ModiHaiToMumkinHai
Last edited by pankajs on 22 Oct 2019 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/prasannavishy/statu ... 5499492354
Prasanna Viswanathan @prasannavishy

World’s Largest Facial Recognition System To Track Criminals To Soon Arrive In India As Tender Concludes Next Month. Once Installed, National Automated Facial Recognition System (AFRS) Will Be Worlds Largest Facial Recognition Syst To Track/Nab Criminals
I guess with time this will be rolled out to all Airports, train stations, bus stand, metro, hospitals, etc.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^Suraj san ...that was a great post ..deserving of first page of such a chaotic thread to disseminate clarity. Nothing shameless to revisit such posts. Thanks for reposting it gives some new thoughts in my head again. I am sure your notes would be in great demand in college days.
/* ignore this part if short on time */
On a related note, I had an interesting conversation with a reasonable liberal paki democrat bibi a couple of weeks back in CLT..she sprang up the question why is modi liked in India. I asked her the simple question, "if your house didnt have electricity, who would you like electrician or the philosopher". Modi is the electrician. Also, few days back Modi was given the gates award, being the desi she was any award by gora saab was always to stick in her memory. Then she bought up that situation is not that great in her hometown of karachi which is in really bad shape...
/* Can start from below */

Coming back to the question of modi and elections, in my mind, modi is fighting for hindu civilization resuscitation or resurgence...elections are a means to that..thats why he's many steps ahead of others ...sniper on twitter had an interesting post during election time
"if you are winning some debate against him, it's because he wants you to win". In one of my quora anon posts i had quoted the famed RD sharma who was my maths teacher who quipped once "I get money coz i teach, I dont teach for money". Same is true for modi, he cares about election because he has seen what happened otherwise and what would happen otherwise. Rafale IMHO was a calculated gamble...so were MP, Rajasthan and KA.
The impact of modi's work is even beyond the work done in IG in 71 (SDREs can fight militarily), and in 90s by ABV & the IT boom combined together (that made an urban Indian who never ventured out step back and think he can stand toe to toe with gora sahib)...modi has done more than rest of them combined.
1. India is not the dark and dirty place: Electrification and now water
2. Indians can do business: Ease of business, GST
3. India is a civilized society: Demo. Mangalyan, Chandrayan
4. India is not an always inward looking nation (reinvigorated indian diplomacy)
5. India is not weak and will not carry the luggage of past:
Uri, Balakot, Dokalam and Now Neelam valley, eyes POK in addition to rest of pakistan. All this by just mentioning pakistan on handful of
times, In words of Maj gaurav arya, Modi, ADGPI hasnt even lifted a finger yet on info warfare yet
3T, ASAT, Art 370.
6. Hindu doesnt forget its past: RJB, Art 370.
7. Indians can make their stuff: MII,

If this is not enough for any RW, i highly recommend them to embrace religion of peace/love and get their wishes fulfilled the way those guys get done.

As much as i dislike, by now he would be planning and testing his recommendations for successor, most likely for 2024. If everything goes as planned, I am quite sure (much to my anguish) like yogis he'll take sanyas (if you dont consider it already) with great elan.
Last edited by ArjunPandit on 22 Oct 2019 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Modi's successor will take over only by 2028-29 OR after but not before.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

pankajs wrote:^^
Modi's successor will take over only by 2028-29 OR after but not before.
i hope you are right..but do you want to bet...i am happy to bet...either ways i win...
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Sure we can have a bet

Abhijit Banerjee at his press conf after his meeting with Modi.
https://twitter.com/_bhaiiii/status/1186579611557093379
PeaceFool @_bhaiiii
Welcome to the club!!!

First Sanghi RSS BJP Nobel Laureate!!!
To add, media not happy at all
https://twitter.com/SreenivasanJain/sta ... 1540665344
Sreenivasan Jain @SreenivasanJain

with all respect, this is disingenuous. Abhijit B has been deeply critical of the role of the PMO in worsening economic decision making. Asking him to elaborate is not the same as 'trap me into saying anti-Modi things'
Sreenivasan Jain @SreenivasanJain

of greater concern ought to be the PM's disclosure that he has been watching Banerjee's interviews to monitor supposedly 'anti-Modi things' being said
Last edited by pankajs on 23 Oct 2019 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

Hoping for better legislation on internet and social media by January 2020. This is chance to get ahead : not all internet is the same...mass messaging platforms with anonymous users can be turned off without shutting down emails

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/india ... egulation/

Of course we can wait for all the complaints that government is muzzling media, kids cannot study because internet/social media is not working, entire economy will shutdown because Facebook app is not working etc.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Is Abhisex ji looking for a change of jersey?

https://twitter.com/IndiaToday/status/1 ... 6964002816
India Today @IndiaToday

Following his tweet praising Savarkar, Abhishek Manu Singhvi reportedly received a call from a senior party leader about the timing of his tweet.
(@mausamii2u)
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Among all the exit polls for Haryana that predict a BJP sweep, here comes India-Today Axis poll showing a neck-to-neck contest between BJP and Pappu party. Wonder what their polling methodology and voter sampling strategy is when compared with others.

They may just be taking a risky contrarian view, but if they get it right and everybody else wrong, this will be a huge shot in the arm for Arun Purie (CEO of India Today) and co
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Karthik S wrote:
hanumadu garu, you got a point, but, tell me, how have those changed things within country? From what I see, BJP high command has been very reluctant in taking tough measures against internal pakis, BIFs. Check by2kaafi's timeline. Check noconversion's timeline. Most of the things mentioned there can be stopped or addressed by GoI. Am still hopeful, but this is 6th year in a row we are waiting

Edit: One more
It's a long hard battle. Meanwhile...

India's Ex Muslims.
https://www.firstpost.com/long-reads/in ... 74246.html
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

pankajs wrote:Is Abhisex ji looking for a change of jersey?

https://twitter.com/IndiaToday/status/1 ... 6964002816
India Today @IndiaToday

Following his tweet praising Savarkar, Abhishek Manu Singhvi reportedly received a call from a senior party leader about the timing of his tweet.
(@mausamii2u)
could be. like his dad who was BJP RS MP
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Suraj wrote:Many people ascribed it to technology/youth etc, but one must not confuse enabling factors with motivators - people who don't care to vote, won't vote.
The case in point is the US. It has pretty poor voter turnout, especially in the local elections.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

sanjaykumar wrote:
KJo wrote:
Wherever there's an Indian, there's a paki who comes out of the woodwork to make a pest of him/her self.
Scroll to 31:30 where a paki woman brings up Cashmere until she is told to shut up by the moderator and then by the audience.

The Paki bimbo is an ISI plant. Good looking, passable English, inoffensive manner. Hope she didn't spend the 20 bucks all at once.
Old clip. However, Pakis have a propensity to pop up and talk nonsense at similar events. ST was being overly generous here, perhaps with a global audience in mind. However, the best response to this kind of clueless fishing came, IMHO from Fair Didi where she put a 'Fulbright scholar' in his place. The only time I've really liked her.That too is worth watching again.......although a bit lengthy and the latter part mostly about the Talibunnies. This too is several years old

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Suraj wrote:Many people ascribed it to technology/youth etc, but one must not confuse enabling factors with motivators - people who don't care to vote, won't vote.
The case in point is the US. It has pretty poor voter turnout, especially in the local elections.
US also has pretty poor poor voter turnout. In all elections.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1186672238474317825
ANI @ANI

Ankur Sharma, defence lawyer in Kathua rape case: The competent court in Jammu has ordered registration of FIR against all members of SIT which was investigating the Rasana case. SSP Jammu has been directed to register FIR against them & file compliance report before 7th November
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1186672655669153792
ANI @ANI

Ankur Sharma, defence lawyer in Kathua rape case: Prima facie the court was satisfied that the crime branch indulged in custodial torture, manufacturing of false evidence, criminal intimidation, illegal confinement & many other serious offences.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Primus wrote:
sanjaykumar wrote:

The Paki bimbo is an ISI plant. Good looking, passable English, inoffensive manner. Hope she didn't spend the 20 bucks all at once.
Old clip. However, Pakis have a propensity to pop up and talk nonsense at similar events. ST was being overly generous here, perhaps with a global audience in mind. However, the best response to this kind of clueless fishing came, IMHO from Fair Didi where she put a 'Fulbright scholar' in his place. The only time I've really liked her.That too is worth watching again.......although a bit lengthy and the latter part mostly about the Talibunnies. This too is several years old
Here's a newer one. :mrgreen:
Fair didi does know how to dispatch pakis to Jannat.

Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

somdev wrote:विद्वत्वं च नृपत्वं च नैव तल्यं कदाचन ।
स्वदेशे पूज्यते राजा विद्वान् सर्वत्र पूज्यते ॥

~ चाणक्य नीति

Modiji knows it pretty well :)
विद्वान् राज्ञः देशे विदेशे च सर्वत्र पूज्यते ।

Modiji understands that pretty well, too.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Suraj wrote:Shameless plug: in the very first page of this thread I wrote this post about what I observed of Modi's sense of priorities to be and how I feel that contributed directly to his 2019 win.

He had a strategy to get elected in 2014, and one to win again in 2019. Neither of them were touch and go. Not only did he win by miles (relatively speaking - margins not seen since Banditji era), but both his GEs saw historical turnout highs unrivaled in Indian electoral history. Many people ascribed it to technology/youth etc, but one must not confuse enabling factors with motivators - people who don't care to vote, won't vote.
Maybe NaMo has understood the true India isnt really the well off who can think on higher topics and who still are very tiny numbers:
middle class of Indiais only 2% of total population still
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

sum wrote:Maybe NaMo has understood the true India isnt really the well off
He probably understands better than most since he himself comes from that background. Of course that did not preclude him from having the clarity of thought and a world-view that he does.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Interesting diplomacy at play. Prime Minister @narendramodi with 3 former United States Secretaries Kissinger, Rice and Gates and two former Prime Ministers Tony Blair and John Howard earlier today. Would love to hear what all was discussed especially with Kissinger.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Hilarious and apt description of communists in India!

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Is this a new strategy to count Dalits separately from Hindus ? It aint like DAlit is a new creed or race outside Hinduism.
They don't count Suuni-Shia or Catholics-Protestants etc. Worse is Indian Media falls head over heels to follow these BiF tactics. Not all in Media can be sold out souls or without even pea sized brain to see what is going around.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^Ummm...dalits have always been counted separate from Hindus in all MSM discourse from whenever I can remember. They are grouped with peacefuls and shown as a non-BJP votebank in earlier days.

Is changing now, I guess
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Somebody, perhaps a white colonialist or orientalist, long back decided that Dalits and Hindus were separate and our guys gladly bought that narrative. Now it has become a default position.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Vikas wrote:Is this a new strategy to count Dalits separately from Hindus ? It aint like DAlit is a new creed or race outside Hinduism.
This tactic was introduced from the day BJP started making a rising in Indian politics. Especially when it was found that BJP may have a plan to unify Hindus cutting across social divisions. BJP was first show-cased as the Brahmin-Bania party, and then the "seculars" clubbing the Dalits & Muslims in one group. Food habits, untouchability etc. were all used as pointers to enable this clubbing.
pankajs wrote:Now it has become a default position.
Default position of only the "seculars". Today I only see this position taken mainly by Muslim organisations and few "secular" parties. Dalits==Muslims analogy is not yet a majority equation in India, AFAIK.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Dalit == Muslims is something that came from periyars(pbuh) time. It is actually his claim to fame.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

The voting percentages have shown as much increase in dalits voting for BJP as in other communities. Also, personally have many friends who are from that community but are as religious as any other hindu. Don't think beyond few south Indian states, this propaganda will have any effect.