Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by UlanBatori »

^Danke!

Do they have a term for "son" / "daughter of Fuhrer"? Increasingly relevant to democratic succession processes...
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

UlanBatoroji,
There was just one Führer in German history. I do not think they can survive another one. He did not have a legitimate child (there have been rumors though). So there is no question of a son of the Führer. That tradition is from North Korea, so solly.
Now the title you used was Reichsführer. That title was used by the head of the SS, mainly by Heinrich Himmler. A subordinate title, certainly never used by Hitler ever.
But all that is OT and I am afraid the the BRF Führer will kick me in the testimonials. So let us stop.
Gautam
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

https://news.sky.com/story/woman-charge ... n-11837197
welcome to multiculturalism in Al bartania...
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Aditya_V wrote:What kind of nation has a TV tax and License, its not really a free nation.
Adityaji, Hareshji and all who posted on this topic, here you go
http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/AAITj6N?ocid=se
Looks like the ministers are following BRF discussion!!! :lol: :lol:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

To all UK-Arnab G lovers : 'Diwali comes early' Republic is on Sky
Now daily 'dhamaka' at 10.30 pm channel 708 :lol: :lol:
Like the Bollywood 'Goswami' Arnab has a deep liking to the term 'Bharat' :D
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

This royal trip to paki land - was it prearranged long time ago or recently set up to help shitstan ride over Kashmiri crisis and promote Islamic terror in India
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

should we have a brf jirga in al bartania?preferably after diwali or around xmas time..
Last edited by ArjunPandit on 17 Oct 2019 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Rsatchi wrote:To all UK-Arnab G lovers : 'Diwali comes early' Republic is on Sky
are you that lonely? btw it has been coming for quite some time...i found this after Maj Gaurav arya tweeted it. I do watch it at times..but the shoutathon is too much for London...
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

ArjunPandit wrote:should we have a brf jirga in al bartania?preferably after diwali or around xmas time..
Count me in, if I am not in India then.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

ArjunPandit wrote:
Rsatchi wrote:To all UK-Arnab G lovers : 'Diwali comes early' Republic is on Sky
are you that lonely? btw it has been coming for quite some time...i found this after Maj Gaurav arya tweeted it. I do watch it at times..but the shoutathon is too much for London...
Panditji
After a long days work and nothing much else to do it is always fun to watch 'Shoutathon' :D
As for being lonely, 'the good lady' will few choices words to say :lol: :lol:
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

ArjunPandit wrote:should we have a brf jirga in al bartania?preferably after diwali or around xmas time..
good idea..count me in !!
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

.many years back when I was in noi yaark...the room was that quiet that i could hear the noise of my table clock..thats the height of loneliness..thats when i fell in love with arnab..when major gaurav arya and arnab were slaying asiya andrabi and shehla bhatt gang...i used to turn on arnab just to kill the scary feeling of loneliness..
lets figure out who all will be in
myself, kit, eashwarprakash, jtull, rsatchi, is here too. Do you guys want to figure out a place to meet here or shall we take it offline
I am in London. can travel anywhere in a two hour travel radius
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

https://edition.cnn.com/uk/live-news/br ... index.html

meantime the British orange has struck a deal with EU, but will labour play ball ?!
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

ArjunPandit wrote:.many years back when I was in noi yaark...the room was that quiet that i could hear the noise of my table clock..thats the height of loneliness..thats when i fell in love with arnab..when major gaurav arya and arnab were slaying asiya andrabi and shehla bhatt gang...i used to turn on arnab just to kill the scary feeling of loneliness..
lets figure out who all will be in
myself, kit, eashwarprakash, jtull, rsatchi, is here too. Do you guys want to figure out a place to meet here or shall we take it offline
I am based out of Yorkshire. Happy to meet wherever.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ArjunPandit wrote:.many years back when I was in noi yaark...
noo York as in noo cular, noo jersey, ...

I would love to meet you all in Cambridge, UK. But I have to travel 4-5k miles. :oops:
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 18 Oct 2019 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Cambridge university or Cambridge MA?
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Wow, he go a licence! OFCOM has previously censured him for not permitting pukis to speak their minds. I cannot see it but from memory a fine was also levied. See page 22.

Issue 327 of Ofcom’s Broadcast and On Demand Bulletin
24 April 2016
In Breach - The Newshour
Times Now, various dates, August and September 2016, 16:30

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... lletin.pdf
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

@ArjunPandit - Can we find someplace in midlands? Not Brumy, since it is a mini Pakistan, unless you fancy a pincer movement deep into Paki territory?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

EswarPrakash wrote:@ArjunPandit - Can we find someplace in midlands? Not Brumy, since it is a mini Pakistan, unless you fancy a pincer movement deep into Paki territory?
i did think of birmingham ., its kind of in the middle of everywhere and accessible as well
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Folks out of london is very difficult for me due to SHQ orders
Last edited by ArjunPandit on 19 Oct 2019 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ArjunPandit wrote:Cambridge university or Cambridge MA?
Cambridge Uni. I am far from both places though. I visited Cambridge, UK with my family. We fell in love with the place.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Vayutuvan wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:Cambridge university or Cambridge MA?
Cambridge Uni. I am far from both places though. I visited Cambridge, UK with my family. We fell in love with the place.
how can you or anyone with slight interest in science not have fallen in love with that place..
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

kit wrote:
EswarPrakash wrote:@ArjunPandit - Can we find someplace in midlands? Not Brumy, since it is a mini Pakistan, unless you fancy a pincer movement deep into Paki territory?
i did think of birmingham ., its kind of in the middle of everywhere and accessible as well
Just as I left the UK, you guys are organising a meet up :(

Maybe you guys should tuck into some half decent desi food in Leicester.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Was this posted ? Surprised that this has been carried in a UK paper.

Survivors of our hell
For the best part of a century, the British Raj sent Indian dissidents and mutineers to a remote island penal colony in an 'experiment' that involved torture, medical tests, forced labour and, for many, death. Cathy Scott-Clark and Adrian Levy have unearthed official records detailing the scandal, and heard first-hand accounts from those who survived
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

This piece of Christian charity brought to you by the Guardian.

When will the vow of silence by the Indian media end?
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Endless saga:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-brussels
Boris Johnson confirms he will seek Brexit delay, says Brussels
Donald Tusk says he is ‘waiting for letter’ that PM promised in phone call after Commons vote

Boris Johnson has confirmed in a phone call with the European council president Donald Tusk that he is sending a letter requesting a further Brexit delay beyond 31 October.
Despite the prime minister’s insistence that he would not “negotiate” a further extension of the UK’s membership of the EU, he confirmed on Saturday evening that he would be seeking such an extension.
“Waiting for the letter,” Tusk tweeted. “I just talked to PM Boris Johnson about the situation after the vote in the House of Commons.”
An EU source said that in the call between Tusk and Johnson at 8.15pm Brussels time on Saturday the UK prime minister confirmed that the letter would be sent within hours.
Tusk is expected to consult EU leaders on how to react. “This may take a few days,” the source said.
Officials in Brussels said there was no doubt that an extension request would be granted, despite the prime minister’s attempts to throw doubt on such a decision. A decision on the terms could be taken later in October to allow for events to unfold in London.
Gautam
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^folks btw on diwali our pure neighours are planning a procession for their fav past time cash-mere...Sadiq khan has done his bit by condemning it in advance..to prevent any major fall out later..in case you were planning to do anything meaningful be prepared....also
does anyone know about getting firecrackers and rules about it?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

srin wrote:Was this posted ? Surprised that this has been carried in a UK paper.

Survivors of our hell
For the best part of a century, the British Raj sent Indian dissidents and mutineers to a remote island penal colony in an 'experiment' that involved torture, medical tests, forced labour and, for many, death. Cathy Scott-Clark and Adrian Levy have unearthed official records detailing the scandal, and heard first-hand accounts from those who survived
Josef Mengele was a saint compared to these British doctors. Don't let the madarchods forget it.

Any UK hakims around? Why not look into a way to get these doctors de-registered retroactively?
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^folks btw on diwali our pure neighours are planning a procession for their fav past time cash-mere...Sadiq khan has done his bit by condemning it in advance..to prevent any major fall out later..in case you were planning to do anything meaningful be prepared....also
does anyone know about getting firecrackers and rules about it?
The HC will be closed to their disappointment, why not dig into a palak paneer at India Club in Covent Garden instead.

Should I be surprised that the Home Sec has been largely muted over these processions.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Perhaps the Lancet can pompously pontificate with entitled sanctimony on these fine British doctors.

Just as they deemed it not above their station to censure the GOI recently.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 740031.cms
In all the India-Pak tiffs' the Chinese go unnoticed.
There seems to be a well entrenched 'Triad' networking involved in modern day 'slave labour'.
And if any is caught the publicity is kept to minimum so as to not to upset the 'XI Emperor'(Remember the Queen was upset when he visited UK and the underlings were rude in their behaviour)
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Rsatchi wrote:https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 740031.cms
In all the India-Pak tiffs' the Chinese go unnoticed.
There seems to be a well entrenched 'Triad' networking involved in modern day 'slave labour'.
And if any is caught the publicity is kept to minimum so as to not to upset the 'XI Emperor'(Remember the Queen was upset when he visited UK and the underlings were rude in their behaviour)
the chinese mince no words when dealing with "u"k ., recall the chinese ambassadors speech reg Hong kong, he literally told them to @@@k off
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

mean time in a bizzare and tragic scene right out of a movie ( it was a jackie chan movie i think )

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-new ... index.html

Chinese officials will make their way to Essex after it was confirmed that the 39 people found dead in a truck at an industrial park Wednesday were all Chinese nationals.

“Staff from the Chinese Embassy in the UK are en route to the scene to verify relevant information,” China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced in an online statement.

Shortly after, the embassy in the UK released a statement on the tragedy.

“We read with heavy heart the reports about the death of 39 people in Essex, England. We are in close contact with the British police to seek clarification and confirmation of the relevant reports, “ the statement read.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Donald Trump threatens to drop ISIS jihadis 'right at UK border'

Donald Trump has threatened to drop hordes of ISIS fighters “right at the UK’s border” because of Britain’s lack of help with the US operation to catch the caliphate’s leader.

The US President announced Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi had been killed after a special forces operation on Saturday night in Syria’s Idlib province.

Asked what support the US had received in the planning and execution of the mission, Mr Trump thanked Russia, Turkey, Syria and Iraq but said European nations had been a “tremendous disappointment”.

He said he had been putting pressure on European leaders to take back jihadis who had been radicalised in their countries but had seen no action taken.

Trump says Islamic State's Baghdadi 'died like a dog'

“They came from France, they came from Germany, they came from the UK. They came from a lot of countries,” he told the gathered press.

“And I actually said to them, if you don’t take them, I’m going to drop them right on your border and you can have fun capturing them again.”

Mr Trump also suggested the US would not help “capture people that want to go back to Germany, France, UK and other parts of Europe”.

“They could walk back – they can’t walk to our country. We have lots of water in between our country and them,” he added.

Scores of jihadis from the UK and at least 60 British children who fled Isis-held areas are said to be languishing in Syria’s camps.

Mr Trump watched the raid on al-Baghdadi’s home from the White House. He said viewing it was “as though you were watching a movie”.

The president said the IS leader had been under surveillance for several weeks.

He said that during the raid, US forces “flew low and fast, and were met with gunfire at points”.

No American personnel were lost in the encounter, he said.

Tackling al-Baghdadi’s was one of the Trump administration’s top national security priorities.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said of the raid: “The death of Baghdadi is an important moment in our fight against terror but the battle against the evil of Daesh is not yet over.

“We will work with our coalition partners to bring an end to the murderous, barbaric activities of Daesh once and for all.”

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

EU agrees to postpone Brexit until January 2020 in blow to Boris Johnson
The EU has agreed to delay Brexit until next year.
Donald Tusk announced that European leaders have agreed to Boris Johnson’s request for an extension until January 31, 2020.
The decision is a blow to the Prime Minister, who has said in the past he would prefer to be “dead in a ditch” than miss the October 31 deadline.
Cheers Image
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

======== br meet 20 years ago?! ===========

I registered knowing that a certain anniversary was approaching and maybe something could be arranged.
20 year anniversary of the first ever BR meet

As well as finding some paperwork a few weekends back I found a .mbx file only last weekend.

The paper copy of an email says;
Bombay Brasserie Fri 24th Aug 2001

But the .mbx was a better memory jogger.

First meet was 8th July 2000
I missed this I became a member a little too late for that meet…there were only 3 attendees

So 20 years is next year, unless any other global locality can predate this UK meet?

Farnborough Meet was in 2004… this email is showing header but not the body..
pictures were taken at this meet, I am sure.

CAMBRIDGE (mentioned for a meet venue) is a rubbish place…
One it is very difficult to get to, stuck in eastern england.

Also it is probably now just a pretence of being an educational establishment..
Orcsford (a posh english pronunciation of Oxford) and Orcsbridge (ditto Oxbridge)…..

These institutions have been overrun by #FLICSs Fake Liberals Islamist Communists…
Orcs is better way of describing the nature of these red and black flag types….
Again see the previous Hitchens post…

No doubt the River Cam and surroundings/buildings are very beautiful as is most english countryside…
But the rest is rotten and decayed…

I hope Indians, in the years ahead, can build educational institutions to usurp these rotten places

Kudos to all those on this site: because I heard the term “LONDONISTAN” here first many moons ago….

My point is, a meet should happen at a convenient locale… there is nothing Great about Cambridge any more…
or any other part of Britain.
Sad to say
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I heard the term “LONDONISTAN” here first many moons ago….
:mrgreen:
It used to be Poodlestan then particularized to Londonabad.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

coming back to meet thing lets vote
I am for london. Havent traveled that much here apart from from orcsbridge to tell other places. On a lighter note tower bridge or windsor castle would be a good place for this 20 year anniv of first BRF meet
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ah, u mean "WC"! Great place to discuss pakistan
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Another Labour MP raised 'allegations' of human rights in Kashmir, reflecting the concerns of his constituents at PM's Questions. BoJo replies that the govt position is not for us to prescribe what should be done, rather it's a bilateral issue as has always been. For those who are not aware, this is the last week of parliament before they head for elections, so just rhetoric to garner some votes by Labour again.