2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Vikas »

syam wrote:Worst case scenario - SS, Congress, NCP will team up like how it happened in Kar.

FWIW, no one cares about Gandhi anymore. And most of modiji supporters don't like Gandhi at all. Massive self-bomb I say. modiji is busy playing to some imaginary crowd. Hopefully, bjp loses both states.
DF will always be under the threat of SS joining NCP+Cong and get CM from SS installed. Thackrey as CM has its own seduction to SS.
Just because some people don't like Gandhi does not mean that Congress should be allowed anywhere near power. That would be a pretty silly argument.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CRamS wrote:I feel BJP+SS might just scrape through in Maha, while all bets are off at this point in Haryana. Very disappointing result from BJP PoV. At one point early on, I thought BJP will form govt on its own in Maha and kick those prickly SS rowdies out, but BJP is not even close.

Not at all a bad result of Pappu although I don't know if people actually voted for him or local leaders in both states.

But if hopefully BJP forms govt in both states, maybe a blessing in disguise in such a close result. ModiJi/Shah can go back to the drawing board and introspect.

To quote SuSwami, leaving aside all the punditry, no one issue drives the electorate. It must be a combination of Hinduthva + National security + economy + fight against corruption. Contrary to my understanding, BJP playing up 370 fetched only marginal returns it seems. This is surprising because the reason I thought 370 and TSP cut a chord in these 2 states is because of the large representation in the armed forces from these 2 states.
1. I too hope that BJP forms a government in both states. There are enough independents in Haryana to take BJP across the halfway mark per the current numbers.

2. Reality check is always good even when painful. As you say, a blessing in disguise.

3. Just a few days back, I had written that A.370/Balakot type events create a halo around leaders BUT don't win many votes. Not surprising at all to me.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

sanjayc wrote:^^ But Cong kept winning elections for 70 years when the economy was in the dumps with "Hindu rate of growth"
There was no other party for most of the time. It won 2009 despite 26/11 because the economy was doing well. Other factors can only be supporting factors, but economy always seems to be the clincher.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

abhijitm wrote:If you go away from urban middleclass area then in towns, villages corporates and especially MLAs are those with whom people remain constantly in touch. Lot of things that impact day to day life like water connection, electricity, farming related stuff, loans, jobs etc where local leaders play key role. There hindutva, 370 will not matter much. Leader who has good connect and works will get vote. Hence one cannot discount big influencial families in local election as they can get things done. Like a family controlling local co-op bank will amass great number of local votes. Usually these families control local banks, businesses and have district administration in their pocket. Difficult to convince a villager to vote against them on the name of national issues.
1. Absolutely with you on leaders who work. Hindutva works if there is an atmosphere of fear but not otherwise. A.370,etc give leaders a halo/trust but not votes on an empty stomach.

2. NCP's base is built around family and its subs controlling co-op banks, sugar co-ops, etc and thus are part of everyday life of an ordinary voters. Anyone who thinks A.370 will override that kind of connect neither understand life of mangos nor politics.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Looks like over confidence, economy, bad candidate selection (seeing tweets saying tiktok candidates were selected), caste equations, lack of attention on core issues are some of significant variables contributing to today's outcome.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

syam wrote:Worst case scenario - SS, Congress, NCP will team up like how it happened in Kar.

FWIW, no one cares about Gandhi anymore. And most of modiji supporters don't like Gandhi at all. Massive self-bomb I say. modiji is busy playing to some imaginary crowd. Hopefully, bjp loses both states.
1. SS will transfer its ideological vote to BJP if it ties up with NCP/CON.

2. OTOH, BJP can tie up with NCP. Didn't we hear that Modi is good friends with Pawar?

3. Wrong reading can lead to the wrong results. Prime example "Modi is busy playing to some imaginary crowd"

Modi/BJP is a pan-India party that needs to factor in issues across the country. Meaning that it WILL HAVE to dilute it ideological purity on certain issues to appeal to a wider section of people. The other choice is to take a hard line and become a regional party like Shivsena or Akali dal or TMC. That also means that it will have NO capacity to influence issues at the center.

It is a choice between getting SOME or MANY THING done vs getting NOTHING done on ideological issues. Is that even a choice? What would you choose?

On this Issue I could write page upon pages but if this one example does not clear things up nothing can.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

It is now past 2:00 pm and I would think that the current score would more or less carry to the finish.

On TOI's website, the current score is

MAH: BJP+ 162, INC+ 98
HAR: BJP 43, INC 30

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/ma ... 60087.html
MAH: BJP+ 167 (-18), INC+ 98 (+7)
BJP lost ground but CON did not gain much. Must be rebels who got the benefit

HAR: BJP 40 (-7), INC 30 (+15)
BJP did not loose much BUT CON recovered ground. CON seems to have stitched a better caste coalition, better candidate selection.

BJPs forming government in both places. Modi/Shah need to go back to the drawing board and re-work their strategies.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

hopefully, you guys are right. every kid in india now thinks gandhi was british agent. It will be big self-bomb if modiji not careful with it.

on serious note, sangh and its affiliates need to fix their tech situation. they are still working in old way. tech is there to simplify our regular life. If we don't use it, we will be left behind. It's like competing with some one 10x faster and efficient than you.
Last edited by syam on 24 Oct 2019 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Gandhi Ji is a huge marker of Indic civilization abroad. You don't want someone else to appropriate it depite all his shortcomings. I don't think anyone drinks the kool-aid called Gandhi in India anymore despite all the public posturing around Gandhi else Veer Savarkar would not have been considered for BR.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:It is now past 2:00 pm and I would think that the current score would more or less carry to the finish.

On TOI's website, the current score is

MAH: BJP+ 162, INC+ 98
HAR: BJP 43, INC 30

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/ma ... 60087.html
MAH: BJP+ 167 (-18), INC+ 98 (+7)
BJP lost ground but CON did not gain much. Must be rebels who got the benefit

HAR: BJP 40 (-7), INC 30 (+15)
BJP did not loose much BUT CON recovered ground. CON seems to have stitched a better caste coalition, better candidate selection.

BJPs forming government in both places. Modi/Shah need to go back to the drawing board and re-work their strategies.

some BJP rebels, with the covert blessings of the BJP, have contested against the SS candidates in seats that have gone to the SS in the seat sharing scenario.

Quite a few of them have won and they might support the BJP but it will not be enough for the BJP to go it on its own.

The SS will become uncontrollable now.

the BJP was foolish not to go on its own and ended up giving the SS many more seats than they could afford to.

hope that they don't make a similar mistake in bihar with that thug nitish kumar
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

One main thing BJP can do is not give tickets to new 'stars'. So many karyakartas have braved many things, including their lives, and worked hard for BJP for years if not decades. It's totally wrong on BJP higher management to over look them.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

pankajs wrote:1. Absolutely with you on leaders who work. Hindutva works if there is an atmosphere of fear but not otherwise. A.370,etc give leaders a halo/trust but not votes on an empty stomach.
100% true. There were bye-elections in Kerala today. 5 seats. The Congress gets 3 and commies gets 2. The BJP gets ZERO. There were multiple issues including caste conflicts and wrong selection of the candidates. The Sabari Mala temple based issue has now died out. Unless the commies try some other mischief, the Hindu devotees are never going to see a threat there. The commies have learnt their lessons. I don't think they will try further tricks in Sabari Mala, and they are doing door to door campaign apologising for the inconvienences caused to Hindu devotees (who vote for commies). So if status quo gets maintained there, and commies retain their vote bank; then BJP would be in the back benches for years to come. At least in KL, BJP leadership is considered as some one to make benefit of some one else' miseries.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

iMac_too
@iMac_too

Bhai log, retaining Maharashtra is very big thing. Next only to retaining power at Center & UP. With combined firepower of Con-Pawar, had Sena-BJP gone separate they would be in opposition at this point
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

There must be some logic in giving tickets to 'celebrities' and every party indulges in this game time & again. It isn't that BJP operates in a parallel universe.
What I don't understand is the reasoning behind it. Parties ignore Karyakarta and local leaders and foist someone completely an outsider onto them.
On top there is no guarantee that the Celebrity would win the elections as we have seen so many losing the elections except for some Bhai-wood actors. So what gives ?

PS: My Jaat friends in Haryana seem to be pretty thrilled about the prospect of getting a Jaat CM back again. And here I thought that caste and community lines have blurred in Modern India post 2014.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Sachin wrote:
pankajs wrote:1. Absolutely with you on leaders who work. Hindutva works if there is an atmosphere of fear but not otherwise. A.370,etc give leaders a halo/trust but not votes on an empty stomach.
100% true. There were bye-elections in Kerala today. 5 seats. The Congress gets 3 and commies gets 2. The BJP gets ZERO. There were multiple issues including caste conflicts and wrong selection of the candidates. The Sabari Mala temple based issue has now died out. Unless the commies try some other mischief, the Hindu devotees are never going to see a threat there. The commies have learnt their lessons. I don't think they will try further tricks in Sabari Mala, and they are doing door to door campaign apologising for the inconvienences caused to Hindu devotees (who vote for commies). So if status quo gets maintained there, and commies retain their vote bank; then BJP would be in the back benches for years to come. At least in KL, BJP leadership is considered as some one to make benefit of some one else' miseries.
Sachin Ji, Is it enough for Commies to apologize and get back into the good books of Hindus ? Forgiveness with use of threat is cowardice.
What would stop commies from trying the same trick again especially when BiF forces would love to humiliate Hindus over and over again.
I think BJP simply is not a viable option in Commie Land yet hence stays at zero. BJP has no dedicated vote bank in KL.
Surprisingly AIADMK has won in TN. That was refreshing knowing that they aren't really competitive anymore.
Rumor is that DMK will sweep the assembly elections whenever they happen and AIADMK will be consigned to the dustbin of history.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Do the results prove that Sonia is far better in handling Congress Party than Pappu ever would be.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

BJP's ignore jat strategy did not work in Hayana.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Vikas wrote:PS: My Jaat friends in Haryana seem to be pretty thrilled about the prospect of getting a Jaat CM back again. And here I thought that caste and community lines have blurred in Modern India post 2014.
No need for that, same state gave flawless victory to BJP few months back. As someone posted on twitter, not every state election can be fought on national issues. Same Haryana was seen as a patiotic state then now suddenly it's called casteist.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Vikas wrote:Sachin Ji, Is it enough for Commies to apologize and get back into the good books of Hindus ? Forgiveness with use of threat is cowardice. What would stop commies from trying the same trick again especially when BiF forces would love to humiliate Hindus over and over again.
I think BJP simply is not a viable option in Commie Land yet hence stays at zero. BJP has no dedicated vote bank in KL.
Surprisingly AIADMK has won in TN. That was refreshing knowing that they aren't really competitive anymore.
Rumor is that DMK will sweep the assembly elections whenever they happen and AIADMK will be consigned to the dustbin of history.
Since Gandhi's time, Hindus have developed an emotional attachment to anti-Hindu parties who damage their interests. Shows an inability to think clearly.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

vijayk wrote:iMac_too
@iMac_too

Bhai log, retaining Maharashtra is very big thing. Next only to retaining power at Center & UP. With combined firepower of Con-Pawar, had Sena-BJP gone separate they would be in opposition at this point
There was subterranean race between bjp and SS.

SS got very close so now they will demand key portfolios which they couldn't get last time. Main is PWD which if it goes from DF then a big set back for his work in next 5 years. SS will not do any work and will use this treasure to fill its pockets. Exactly what they did in 1990s and lost next election.

SS dubegi aur sath mein BJP ko lekar dubegi.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Vikas wrote:Do the results prove that Sonia is far better in handling Congress Party than Pappu ever would be.
Vikasji
100%
The old guard and 'garuds' are back !!
The 'Awesome-Twosome' of the BJP have to recalibrate for the next election and strategize for the 'Sonia-Old guard combine'
The so-called Rahul-gang are like 80's and 90's Bangladesh Cricket when everybody would queue up to score 'double hundreds' (Remember Dizzy Gillespie scored a double hundred but UR not going call him an all-rounder!! though he wont mind :lol: )
So to twist the 'Modi hai to mumkinn hai' = 'Rahul hai to Problem nahin' warna problem hai!!! :((
Unless some bigger scandal with the 'Darbaris' come out just in time for the press to have a field-day
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Vikas wrote:What would stop commies from trying the same trick again especially when BiF forces would love to humiliate Hindus over and over again.
At present I don't see commies trying any more tricks at Sabari Mala. They are not bothered about KL BJP, but they are bothered about Congress party. The commies know that they are now mistrusted by the Hindus, and they have already started course correction moves. Commies want to survive in KL, and for that they know Hindu devotees needs to be kept happy. The BIF forces would try to leverage the situations, but there would also be resistance from the Hindus. Sabari Mala still is an emotional issue, but people would only hit the streets in case they see an imminent/open threat.
I think BJP simply is not a viable option in Commie Land yet hence stays at zero.
BJP leadership in KL is pathetic. KL state has lots of unique characterestics, due to pretty much every religion having a more or less equal population. The state has not seen large riots, or partition struggles etc. The BJP in KL needs to come up with a real unique strategy to deal with KL. Na.Mo & A.Shah can guide, but they may not be able to completely come up with this strategy. BJP's general tactic is to use only Hindutwa which frankly does not have much takers in KL. Their leadership also has lots of infighting and have also not been able to overcome caste based tussles.

RSS has a very good cadre setup in KL. They have withstood commies for decades now. Even if Sabari Mala problems crop up again, it would be the RSS which can counter it (than the BJP). As of today it looks like KL BJP was trying to keep Sabri Mala issue burning to take political advantage. That is wrong. People would soon realise that KL BJP is just using the Hindu devotee's sad situation to seek votes. All said and done, the state level BJP has not done any thing to sort out this issue even today. They weasel out by saying "let the courts decide". All this gives an impression that KL BJP wants Sabari Mala to be another Ayodhya case.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^^ BJP can only do so much -- the Hindus too need to open their eyes rather than behave like cussed mules who cannot be made to see reason
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Vikas wrote:There must be some logic in giving tickets to 'celebrities' and every party indulges in this game time & again. It isn't that BJP operates in a parallel universe.
What I don't understand is the reasoning behind it. Parties ignore Karyakarta and local leaders and foist someone completely an outsider onto them.
On top there is no guarantee that the Celebrity would win the elections as we have seen so many losing the elections except for some Bhai-wood actors. So what gives ?

PS: My Jaat friends in Haryana seem to be pretty thrilled about the prospect of getting a Jaat CM back again. And here I thought that caste and community lines have blurred in Modern India post 2014.
And Vikasji
'Caste and community lines have blurred' is just a myth propagated by the yuppie/liberal/leftist media and also sometime used to torment right-wingers.
The problem is it so very well entrenched in the psyche of the nation the only way is if there is sudden obliteration of a few generations( population between 25's to 45's) and I am not suggesting we should embark on a such monumental massacre.
Just to give u examples:
1.French Revolution and the aftermath ( near complete wipe out of the aristocracy)
2.The great wars[/b] and Britain turning class-less(although arguable)
3.Russion revolution and similar fate of the Russian Aristocracy and liberal thinkers
4.Mao's march and birth of the 'Red Dragon'
The conquering armies of the Bharath realized these fault-lines in the society and perpetuated it to maintain law and order(less chance of joining of forces)
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

The Haryana elections remind me of Gujarat 2017 when it was a close fight and only last minute pinch hitting by Modi saved the day. Even at that time rural distress was the main reason. Hopefully after the current slow down, the next 5 year cycle will see high growth and economy won't be a factor in elections anymore.

If BJP has to lose a state, let it be a small state like Haryana.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

In Haryana all is not lost.

TOI showing breaking news that JJP with 10 seats (projected) is ready to support Khattar.

May be JJP fella is trying to do price discovery from both camps one by one. :roll: :roll: :roll:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Reverse Dilbullah Effect in full swing.
Cliffhanger: Did he or will he? Haryana BJP Chief on his resignation
So Haryana is the only "Hindu" state in India, hain? Set up to differentiate from Sikh-dominated Punjab?
greatde
BRFite

Post by greatde »

Was LS 2019 an exemption? BJP have under performed in recent state elections, so these 2 elections have to looked broadly. Despite a 7% vote difference, BJP werent able to sweep Haryana. This vote share to seats ratio is different in state and national elections?

And how will Hindu causes like Ram Mandir matter, and in this case, 370 didnt matter? When the support groups dont even go out to vote, its a big worry.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mollick.R wrote:In Haryana all is not lost.

TOI showing breaking news that JJP with 10 seats (projected) is ready to support Khattar.

May be JJP fella is trying to do price discovery from both camps one by one. :roll: :roll: :roll:
if true, surely there are other suppliers willing to supply what the BJP needs and this guy is simply trying to scare away the competition.

The BJP has levers of power that can be used from beyond the haryana borders and folks are well aware of it.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I hope Modiji will bring a Constitutional Amendment changing the finger on which the ink dot is put, from index to middle. I do a double-take whenever I see these pics of desis proudly showing the "I voted" salute.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

By elections are also not very encouraging for bjp.

Guj, MP, Raj and Pjb they have lost incumbent seats to cong. Only one seat in sikkim where bjp snatched it from other parties. Elsewhere some they retained, some lost. Net net Congress gained in by election in terms of retention + snatch.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

greatde wrote:Was LS 2019 an exemption? BJP have under performed in recent state elections, so these 2 elections have to looked broadly. Despite a 7% vote difference, BJP werent able to sweep Haryana. This vote share to seats ratio is different in state and national elections?

And how will Hindu causes like Ram Mandir matter, and in this case, 370 didnt matter? When the support groups dont even go out to vote, its a big worry.
maybe, the BJP faithful have not voted in the expected/required numbers due to overconfidence based on hyped up reports in the press of a no contest and forgone conclusion of certain victory for the BJP.

a similar thing happened in KAR, especially in Bangalore :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What is very evident is that the MSM has finally learned, and shifted strategy. Predict MASSIVE BJP wins, and the yindoos go {yawn} and don't go out to vote.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

chetak wrote:
greatde wrote:Was LS 2019 an exemption? BJP have under performed in recent state elections, so these 2 elections have to looked broadly. Despite a 7% vote difference, BJP werent able to sweep Haryana. This vote share to seats ratio is different in state and national elections?

the BJP faithful have not voted in the expected/required numbers due to overconfidence based on hyped up reports in the press of a no contest and forgone conclusion of certain victory for the BJP.

SHQ was very clear. Can't take any chance :D spent 1 hr searching the voting center but vote we did.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Btw 50-50 formula in MH means half term bjp CM and half term SS CM. Disaster.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sachin wrote:
IF one were paying attention one would have learned that lesson looooooooooongs back!

If Ayodhya demolition is the benchmark of "decisive" action that our Uber-Yinduvadi's demand of Modi/BJP, then one must also ask what kind of dividend such an action fetched? Just recalling the BJP's fortune post that action is enough for us to draw the right lesson about Yindian/Yindu politics.

As I have stated before, a party needs to work on the day to day issues of the people, earn their trust, turn them into a long-term supporter, get their buy-in and ONLY then will you get the opportunity to implement SOME of you core agenda.

If one forces their agenda on the people, they get thrown out and the decision will get reversed in no time or will be hollowed out over time. Better to go slow, implement what is possible and occupy the space to prevent its reversal till it becomes part of the background.

The reason Modi is unbeatable is, unlike our uber-yinduvadis, Modi understands the dynamics, has the commitment, the patience, the intelligence, the courage and the luck needed to get many stuff done.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

UlanBatori wrote:What is very evident is that the MSM has finally learned, and shifted strategy. Predict MASSIVE BJP wins, and the yindoos go {yawn} and don't go out to vote.
I would think Amit Shah also pushed that line. The complacency in the carder and base is an outcome of such statements by big leaders like him.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:

maybe, the BJP faithful have not voted in the expected/required numbers due to overconfidence based on hyped up reports in the press of a no contest and forgone conclusion of certain victory for the BJP.

On India Today TV, someone from BJP stated that there was a dip of about 6% vote in Haryana. That enough to change the game in many seats and also BJP may not have the electoral machinery in the state.

In the long-run RJB, A.370, etc don't matter. Their impact is at max for one election cycle.
Last edited by pankajs on 24 Oct 2019 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Peregrine »

Maharashtra election result s: Aclear mandate for BJP-Sena, says CM Devenda Fadnavis

HIGHLIGHTS

- Around 25,000 personnel have been deployed on counting duty, an election official said. Police have also made adequate arrangements to ensure the counting passes off peacefully
It's a clear mandate for BJP-Sena, saysMaharashtra CM Devenda Fadnavis. "We are going ahead with what has been decided betweenShiv Sena and us (BJP). What has been decided is something which you will get to know when the time is right," he added"
MAHARASHTRA ASSEMBLY ELECTION RESULT

LIVE + LEADS + WINS : BJP : 097 - NCP : 057 - SS : 057 - INC : 047 - OTHERS : 030 -TOTAL : 288/ 288

Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 24 Oct 2019 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:
chetak wrote:

On India Today TV, someone from BJP stated that there was a dip of about 6% vote, enough to change the game in many seats.

In the long-run RJB, A.370, etc don't matter. Their impact is at max for one election cycle.
If any other community had such a glorious chance at victory, each joker would have voted three times on voting day

we surely know how to squander our chances.

complacent is complicit.

It is any wonder that we were ruled by a mere handful of britshits