Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by UlanBatori »

Elephants bring out the Big Rogue Elephant:
Gingrich calls impeachment process a 'despicable violation of the American Constitution'
I am no great fan of Newt, but note in all fairness that he was the first and alone in speaking out after Indian nuclear tests, against the huge tsunami of sh1t being thrown by monkeys from all sides, and declared that India ABSOLUTELY needed nuclear weapons to counter China and Pakistan. Turned the tide in a hurry and the rest is history.
Now he has come out on the attack. He is now old, but mind seems to be sharp as ever. He can rip significant meat off the butts of the donkeys in a hurry like he did in the 1990s.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^^
Apologize in advance for stating facts that are not favorable to the GOP:

1) Gingirch may have made some off hand statements regarding support for India but he was the main force behind enabling the Christian Evangelicals and adulters like Dan Burton to go after India. Burton would rant on the floor the House about how the Indian Army was killing 'blacks' all over India -- something he could not have done without Newt's blessing.

2) In 1996, Newt funded a delegation led by John Porter (my Congressman) visit to India to report on the beastly things the Indian Army was doing to the "Kashmiris".

3) Gingrich was (and probably is) an ardent supporter of Pakistan

4) I think the Clinton Justice Dept had evidence that Burton was receiving funds from Pakistan and turned that info over to Newt -- who did nothing about it.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SCUM Liberal media trying to imitate NDTV/Print/Qunit
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Romnet/Tulsi vs ISIS assets?
All for them

But I really doubt it. Romney won't pick her even if he runs
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

vijayk wrote:Image

SCUM Liberal media trying to imitate NDTV/Print/Qunit
They've since updated the headline thrice. They are being brutally trolled on the Internet.

https://twitter.com/LizRNC/status/1188477530602377218
Tweet
Conversation
Elizabeth Harrington
@LizRNC
WaPo's actual obit for a terrorist monster:

"austere religious scholar w/ wire-frame glasses"

"Mr. Baghdadi maintained a canny pragmatism"

"Acquaintances would remember him as a shy, nearsighted youth who liked soccer but preferred to spend his free time at the local mosque"
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

komal wrote:^^
Apologize in advance for stating facts that are not favorable to the GOP:

1) Gingirch may have made some off hand statements regarding support for India but he was the main force behind enabling the Christian Evangelicals and adulters like Dan Burton to go after India. Burton would rant on the floor the House about how the Indian Army was killing 'blacks' all over India -- something he could not have done without Newt's blessing.

2) In 1996, Newt funded a delegation led by John Porter (my Congressman) visit to India to report on the beastly things the Indian Army was doing to the "Kashmiris".

3) Gingrich was (and probably is) an ardent supporter of Pakistan

4) I think the Clinton Justice Dept had evidence that Burton was receiving funds from Pakistan and turned that info over to Newt -- who did nothing about it.
1. Syed Ghulam Nabi Fai was funneling funds to him and it was DoJ of the Clinton administration which looked the other way, and then the Obama administration DoJ that did nothing when this went public in 2011. The speaker can't control actions of idiots in their own party.

2. This maybe true, but I doubt it.

3. No. Wrong. Gingrich is a supporter and chairman of the Republican Hindu Coalition. He may have been ambivalent about India in the early 90s due to opposition to the Clinton administration, but nothing of the sort in the last decade and in fact quite the opposite.

3. See No.1 where it is the job of the DoJ to stop a foreign agent as opposed to the majority leader of the party. Attempting guilt by association is lazy analysis. By that standard we should condemn the Urban Naxal Party of America (Democratic Party) due to the nastiness of Ilhan Omar of MN-5 as seen in the recent Cashmere hearings.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^^
Well said, and very difficult to disagree. Clinton/Obama were completely responsible for the actions the Evangelican Christians and Adulters like Dan Burton.

Newt Gingrich had absolutley no power as to what happened on the floor of the House when he was the Speaker. Newt had no control over GOP members of the House going to India to report on human rights abuse. Newt was busy taking prasadam at the local Mandir.

It was wrong of me to even suggest otherwise.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Newt was actually lighting diyas at various Republican Hindu Coalition meetings. ;)
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^^
I can't agree more. Here is the Noble and Honorable Newt -- devoted family man and patriotic war hero lighting lamps. His record speaks for itself.

How can he be expected to control what happens in the House? He was only one man. And then only the Speaker.

And lighting those lamps more than offset what John Porter and Dan Burton were doing to India. And I am sure he received no money for lighting those lamps. And any money he received would have gone to some Noble Cause.

Again, I failed to see the Genius of the Newt. All Hail the GOP -- India had no Truer Friend.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

I can't agree more. Here is the Noble and Honorable Newt -- devoted family man and patriotic war hero lighting lamps. His record speaks for itself.

How can he be expected to control what happens in the House? He was only one man. And then only the Speaker.

And lighting those lamps more than offset what John Porter and Dan Burton were doing to India. And I am sure he received no money for lighting those lamps. And any money he received would have gone to some Noble Cause.

Again, I failed to see the Genius of the Newt. All Hail the GOP -- India had no Truer Friend.
Komal ji, No disagreement with your views above.

One should avoid making sweeping assumptions, sometimes it's better to see things in microcosm than holistically.

That said, I am also eager to hear your views on the other side of the same coin. The gentlemanly and ladylike folks who headed the Congressional "hearing" a few days ago and also those who wrote to the Indian envoy.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^^
My view only based on decades of dealing with Congress on various matters. Hearings like these are essentially done for money -- campaign coffers became full. I don't think anyone's heart is in it. And I doubt if any policy will come of it. Wrong and immoral to be sure.

The Evangelical Christians, on the other hand, genuinely despise Indians in general and Hindus in particular. Reagan was instrumental in turning Pakistan into a well armed terror state and started the policy of letting India get hit.

Anyone who beleives a party reliant of Evangelical Christians is somehow favorable to India is sadly mistaken.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

My view only based on decades of dealing with Congress on various matters. Hearings like these are essentially done for money -- campaign coffers became full. I don't think anyone's heart is in it. And I doubt if any policy will come of it. Wrong and immoral to be sure.

The Evangelical Christians, on the other hand, genuinely despise Indians in general and Hindus in particular. Reagan was instrumental in turning Pakistan into a well armed terror state and started the policy of letting India get hit.

Anyone who beleives a party reliant of Evangelical Christians is somehow favorable to India is sadly mistaken.
Agree with what you said there komalji, your point is well made.

Do you really believe that the likes of Ilhan Omar, Rep. Sherman or others who participated in the "hearings" have views that are dissimilar to Evangelists and therefore in their likelihood of -for a lack of better word- "favorableness" to India? Do you believe it's only money that's making them speak and act like this, or their real views are actually very different?

If you believe that it is fallacious to believe that "a party reliant o[n] Evangelical Christians is somehow favorable to India..", then what should one make of the party that is increasingly reliant on groups that are seemingly no different from the Evangelists in their feelings towards India and Hindus in particular. A position that they are advertising and cementing increasingly and more frequently and it's not just one or two of them.

I am not shilling for either Dems or Repubs here, I am merely asking you (and all the Indian-Americans here who may care to respond), why should we view one as different form other, when they both seem to be the two sides of the same malevolent, venomous coin.

Do we really have the choice of a lesser-evil here?
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Was his son black?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 786796.cms

So they took off all evidence that could lead back to the US itself in the origins of ISIS !!., tying up loose ends so to say.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Whatever was in that place is nicely exploded (see that big round filled-in crater) and buried.
Interesting that Ru MOD denied all this and pointed out that Bag-Daddy IV would not have come and hidden under the noses of a group that hated him. That would be like... Osama hiding in DupliCity? Abbottabad?
What did they gain by denying? Why not play along even if it is false?
Maybe the event occurred 3 days b4 when the WHOTUS says?

OTOH, IS usually puts out a video: Any comments from "them"?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:Whatever was in that place is nicely exploded (see that big round filled-in crater) and buried.
Interesting that Ru MOD denied all this and pointed out that Bag-Daddy IV would not have come and hidden under the noses of a group that hated him. That would be like... Osama hiding in DupliCity? Abbottabad?
What did they gain by denying? Why not play along even if it is false?
Maybe the event occurred 3 days b4 when the WHOTUS says?

OTOH, IS usually puts out a video: Any comments from "them"?
All is a nice game of cards played at the round table with chicken legs and beer ..for those at the big table this is just a game, one of the many played in geopolitics., if you are not at the big table then you are just game for the players. (Any semblance to any dialogue in part or whole is simply fiction )
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If that is the case, UBCN Analysis says:
DT has been given a great win. He can declare victory over ISIS (again), and he used the press conference brilliantly: used it to say that only a few COTUStypes were informed (specifically excluding the Speaker of the HOROTUS) and saying that was essential to keep the raid team alive.

If u r in US u better not diss a Special Fauj raid.
If u want to cast doubt, u have to believe the Russian MOD. Makes u a Russian Agint/Apologist.
If u accept DT's story then the Russians are seen to be nice ppl who cooperated and could be trusted to keep a secret, better than Nancy PelosiBbi.
This has thrown the donkeystanis into a nice tizzy.

So... u r going to support Imbeaching a POTUS for conducting delicate negotiations with phoren netas, when he has just shown how well that works?
All in all, nice tamasha. As som donkeystani pointed out glumly: Putin is :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gets weirder: Now this from Putinstan.
While Russia still has no independent confirmation that US forces have killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Donald Trump is due credit if they did, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman has said.
“The news itself can’t be taken negatively by the Russian authorities,” Dmitry Peskov said. “Indeed, our troops saw American planes and American drones in the area, which may have been on a mission there.”
Earlier, the Russian Defense Ministry cast doubt on Washington’s claim of al-Baghdadi’s death, saying there’s no credible data to prove his demise. If confirmed, however, Trump’s efforts should be recognized, Peskov believes.

If indeed the information about al-Baghdadi’s elimination is confirmed, then we can talk about the US president’s significant contribution to the fight against international terrorism.

Moscow’s skepticism is not unfounded, seeing as how rumors of al-Baghdadi’s grave injury or death have surfaced repeatedly for the past four years, only to be later dispelled. Trump, however, has teased that some footage of his ultimate takedown at the hands of US troops could be released at some point.
The Eyeranians are a lot more direct:
Killing Baghdadi ‘no big deal,’ US removed him after his expiration date - Iranian foreign ministry
Killing Baghdadi was no big deal, since ISIL had been defeated by us and other countries in the region. We should wait and see what other plans the region’s enemies have in mind for the future,” he said, adding that the US simply eliminates such terrorists once their expiration date is due, according to Iranian state media.
Mousavi called this {DT's} account of the killing a PR stunt ahead of next year’s election.
“Every year close to the US elections, Americans play such cards for domestic consumption,” he said.
:rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The Tubelights have finally come flickering on: :roll:
We're keeping the oil' in Syria, Trump says, but it's considered a war crime.
By conor finnegan
Oct 28, 2019, 7:39 PM ET
Trouble is, most in the US of A, descended from those who robbed, raped and genocided the people of the American continent, would see nothing at all wrong.
"Congress never authorized the troops in Syria in the first place, let alone troops to protect oil fields. This is unconstitutional," tweeted Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif.
Beyond the legality, many critics have also said Trump's initial decision to withdraw U.S. forces and abandon the SDF that lost 11,000 fighters as the de facto U.S. foot soldiers against ISIS, but now keep some hundreds of troops to guard oil further undermines America's standing.
"We'll betray an ally, but we'll go back in to protect the oil? That sickens me, frankly, and I think as you can see from so many of the troops that have had to pull out and abandon their allies, they're sickened by the president's decision as well," Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Turns out, George Washington and Julius Caesar were roommates in college

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

UlanBatori wrote:Gets weirder: Now this from Putinstan.
While Russia still has no independent confirmation that US forces have killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Donald Trump is due credit if they did, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman has said.
“The news itself can’t be taken negatively by the Russian authorities,” Dmitry Peskov said. “Indeed, our troops saw American planes and American drones in the area, which may have been on a mission there.”
Earlier, the Russian Defense Ministry cast doubt on Washington’s claim of al-Baghdadi’s death, saying there’s no credible data to prove his demise. If confirmed, however, Trump’s efforts should be recognized, Peskov believes.

If indeed the information about al-Baghdadi’s elimination is confirmed, then we can talk about the US president’s significant contribution to the fight against international terrorism.

Moscow’s skepticism is not unfounded, seeing as how rumors of al-Baghdadi’s grave injury or death have surfaced repeatedly for the past four years, only to be later dispelled. Trump, however, has teased that some footage of his ultimate takedown at the hands of US troops could be released at some point.
The Eyeranians are a lot more direct:
Killing Baghdadi ‘no big deal,’ US removed him after his expiration date - Iranian foreign ministry
Killing Baghdadi was no big deal, since ISIL had been defeated by us and other countries in the region. We should wait and see what other plans the region’s enemies have in mind for the future,” he said, adding that the US simply eliminates such terrorists once their expiration date is due, according to Iranian state media.
Mousavi called this {DT's} account of the killing a PR stunt ahead of next year’s election.
“Every year close to the US elections, Americans play such cards for domestic consumption,” he said.
:rotfl:
this guy is the actual and only eyewitness of al-Baghdadi’s elimination.

the amerikis have declassified his photograph but not his name. Per reports, he has been wounded and is presently under treatment.

No official confirmation of whether al-Baghdadi was actually wearing underwear when things went boom.

chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Unfortunately, according to reports, doggy's name has not been declassified. :mrgreen: After reading this news, eye-sis deployed dharamji threat, "kutte mein tera khoon pi jaunga". Just in case people are wondering how dog made in this drama, it is purely commercial. In the last 5-7 years, pet industry has exploded in bahadur land and this is just an advertisement.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chanakyaa wrote:Unfortunately, according to reports, doggy's name has not been declassified. :mrgreen: After reading this news, eye-sis deployed dharamji threat, "kutte mein tera khoon pi jaunga". Just in case people are wondering how dog made in this drama, it is purely commercial. In the last 5-7 years, pet industry has exploded in bahadur land and this is just an advertisement.
It appears that the guy's name may be Conan and he will be honoured, like any other deserving soldier, for his bravery and courage under fire.

He is a Belgian Malinois and is an MWD, (Military Working
Dog).

Nothing to do with any pet industry.

All their training is done in belgian and their military handlers use belgian commands to deploy them on tasks.

MWDs are used widely by ameriki forces, and they are slowly coming into their own in the Indian forces too. They add tremendous value to a strike team. Special forces teams even jump with their MWDs when they deploy by parachute. The handlers use a special harness when they jump along with their MWDs or even slither down from a helo.

Indian forces have only recently started to acquire a few of the Belgian Malinois breed. They are traditionally more used to working with GSDs, Dobermans and labs.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

So when the Yoo Ess decided to pull out, the fauj had the choice of either taking bag daddy with them to open a bar in LA (like most other US-supported dictators) or destroy the evidence. So he ran. And was hunted down and killed.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I guess here are Military, non-working dogs?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:I guess here are Military, non-working dogs?
Maybe Military retired dogs?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I have not understood the gist of the Impeachment complaint:
Why is it wrong for a govt. official of Country A to call up Country B's govt. and ask them to inquire into the actions of someone who happens to be citjen of Country A?
If the crimes are committed in Country B, and Country A happens to suspect them, isn't it common decency to warn Country B?
Say for example that Carlos bin Muhammed, citjen of India, happens to be buying drugs in Colombia to sell in India. India knows drugs are coming into India, and gets wind that it is Carlosji who is doing the buying in Colombia. The evidence is there, not in India. Shouldn't CBI call up Colombia and ask them to investigate?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 30 Oct 2019 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote:I have not understood the gist of the Impeachment complaint:
Why is it wrong for a govt. official of Country A to call up Country B's govt. and ask them to inquire into the actions of someone who happens to be citjen of Country A?
If the crimes are committed in Country B, and Country A happens to suspect them, isn't it common decency to warn Country B?
Biden is not merely a citizen of the US but Trump's direct political opponent. It would be like if Modi asked the Thai PM to investigate RaGa's activities there in return for India sending monetary aid to Thailand.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The monetary aid is in the normal course of relations, say. Then of course if Thailand does not cooperate in a reasonable request which is for the good of all, India might find out that the paperwork on the aid got misplaced. Happens.
In this case, however, Ukraine says they have
(a) **NOT*** investigated Rahul bin Biden nor have any intention of doing so. No evidence.
(b) not been denied any aid etc.
So IF a threat was made to tie aid/deal to investigation, it was not carried out. Worst offence is an empty threat.
So, as Ronald Reagan might ask: "Where's the beef?" or... "where's the pony?"
Is Pappu immune just because he happens to run against NaMo? Say I ran against Chengiz Khan. Should that hinder him from having me investigated by the Chief Goon of Siberia for fixing the dung contracts in Siberia? If that were the case, every drug smuggler should run for POTUS, to gain immunity, hain?

Point is, listening to the holy Lt. Col waxing pompous about his 20 years of patriotic service b4 he was shocked to hear someone ask a foreigner to INVESTIGATE a US Citizen, a certain fragrance emanates.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

They are! Well only arms smugglers.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Things are certainly not as clear cut as they seem to you in Mongolia. There have been statements from Mulvaney and Trump himself plus testimony from several bureaucrats that appear to show that there was quid-pro-quo attempted at least. That is what the investigation needs to find out.

In any case, all this is academic. There is nothing that will now stop the Donkeys in the House from impeaching Trump. And there is nothing that will stop the Elephants in the Senate from acquitting him. The Donkeys can curry favor with their base for being brave and impeaching the hated Trump and the Elephants can do the same with their base for saving him from removal. Everyone is happy.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Or lets say I am in Mongolia, and the polis there see me going around wearing these Siberian Tiger skins. No ban against that in Mongolia, but killing tigers is verboten in Siberia. They know I have been in Siberia, as a Board Member of the Siberian Skins (Pvt Ltd). So the Ulan Bator polis ask Vladivostock polis to INVESTIGATE, and oh by the way, how are preparations going to receive that Mongolian Yak Dung Exhibit that we have been planning to send for this year's Vladivostok festival?
"Investigate" is not "arrest", just check if certain suspicious are warranted.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 30 Oct 2019 03:39, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Anyway, thx 4 the patience, end of my curiosity here. Off to greener pastures.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote: "Investigate" is not "arrest", just check if certain suspicious are warranted.
No one can arrest Trump! El Prejidente is always immune from prosecution while in office. That is why the "trial" if any happens in the Senate and not in a court. Even if the Elephants commit harakiri and vote to remove him, the new El Prejidente Mike Pence will immediately pardon him.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I meant Ukraine arrest Rahul bin Biden. Thx. (It has come out that RbB is involved in several such "Boards" c/o daddy's name, so he is a promising Pappu).
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

nachiket wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:I have not understood the gist of the Impeachment complaint:
Biden is not merely a citizen of the US but Trump's direct political opponent. It would be like if Modi asked the Thai PM to investigate RaGa's activities there in return for India sending monetary aid to Thailand.
Not quite. The analogy is closer to if Papu and his INC chamchas were hatching a conspiracy in Thailand, with help of corrupt Thai govt officials, attempting to dig up dirt and slander on NaMo. All in the meantime getting billions in aid every year from India.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Omar Refuses To Recognize Armenian Genocide, Gives Bizarre Statement; Refuses To Sanction Turkey For Actions In Syria
Omar — who likes to portray herself as a champion of human rights — has repeatedly condemned using sanctions against Iran, Turkey, and Venezuela because she claims that sanctions hurt innocent people, yet, Omar has repeatedly called for using sanctions against Israel.
Investigative reporter Jordan Schachtel referenced one of his reports from earlier this year that highlighted a private meeting that Omar held with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, writing: “Ilhan Omar’s failure to vote for the Armenian Genocide recognition resolution has everything to do with her respect for Erdogan and his regime’s close ties with her native Somalia.”
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Mort: Pappu bin Biden was raking in $$ for himself and daddy-o (known fact). What was beyond that is, yes, anyone's guess. Probably what DT wanted was for the question to FreeBiscuitstanis to start investigation, to come from Yoo-Crane. Because if he ordered the FreeBiscuits himself, THAT would be political vendetta.