2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by abhijitm »

Vikas wrote:Bottom line, NCP/Cong should not even be seen breathing anywhere near Mantralya.
That SS will remain a pesky partner is given, especially now that T-clan member is a MLA, so scoring brownie points is given.
Sivaji did not build his kingdom with couple of victories. It took monumental effort to get Malech out of ruling south of Narmada.
Entire good work of DF and Nitin Gadkari will be undone if NCP/Cong gets backdoor entry to power through SS. Doomsday scenario for common man.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

abhijitm wrote:Entire good work of DF and Nitin Gadkari will be undone if NCP/Cong gets backdoor entry to power through SS. Doomsday scenario for common man.
Clearly the common man did not seem to be concerned when voting.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

looks like white vaisty poked the wrong bear when he was the MHA boss.

At least Christmas tak rakho andar

ABP News Verified account @ABPNews

#INXCase: #DelhiCourt Sends P #Chidambaram To Judicial Custody Till Nov 13
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Kashi wrote:
abhijitm wrote:Entire good work of DF and Nitin Gadkari will be undone if NCP/Cong gets backdoor entry to power through SS. Doomsday scenario for common man.
Clearly the common man did not seem to be concerned when voting.
Common man has given a clear verdict to both to run the government together.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

abhijitm wrote:Common man has given a clear verdict to both to run the government together.
Not as emphatically as they did in GE2019. Albeit SS fared far worse than they anticipated. Common folks chose to vote for BJP rebels instead of SS in many places.

I would say that the common folk are not to enamoured with the idea of SS being a player in the government.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

ramana wrote:
hanumadu wrote:I don't get this 50/50 partnership. Wasn't it always the party with the highest seats gets the CM ship? If they were so keen on 50/50, why did SS agree to contest of far fewer seats than BJP? Right there they admitted they are the junior partner. They are just bargaining for some meaty ministries and will probably settle for one or two key ministries.

If I were advising Amit Shah, which I am in no position to advice, I would suggest breaking up Shiv Sena and carry out multiple raids for the criminal offenses and for intimidating Bihari migrant workers.
Bihar elections will be coming up soon.
BJP did try to go separate way in 2014 assembly election and then again tried in 2017 BMC election. Both time SS retained its vote base. As assumed earlier that majority hindu votes will get automatically transferred to BJP if forced to choose, that did not happen. Both time with or without alliance SS kept their tally almost the same. Hence I said earlier the division of voters between BJP and SS is already done over last decade. There will not be major switch in votes between all four parties now. And that's why BJP needs to grow inorganically by poaching leaders who can bring votes and local businesses with them. They tried before the election but without much success. But as of now I don't see other way of BJP growth in MH, unless they produce a very tall leader lik NM who can command the respect pan MH.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ABP News Verified account @ABPNews 19m19 minutes ago

#JammuAndKashmir Will Cease To Be A State From Midnight, Two New UTs To Come Into Existence
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This "iyer/brahmin sambar powder" nonsense was first started recently by another rabid naxal, nandini sundar, (siddarth vardarajan's wife), a Delhi School of Economics "professor" whose salary is paid from the Indian tax payer's money.

this is what the south Indian mami, nandini had to say, and to rage about sambar powder, of all things.
N S @nandinisundar

This product should be banned for promoting casteism. If there was a will there are laws. But this country is now openly casteist and communal
BTW, this is an unstoppable knee jerk and anti Hindu reflex by this pissful naxal saba naqvi whose hatred of the Hindu community is her defining and only feature.

Incidentally, Eastern also makes and sells this beef curry masala mix.

Should we now boycott eastern because of this :mrgreen:

their overarching Hindu hatred always shines through, no matter how sickular they claim to be.

Self goal by @_sabanaqvi . Eastern spices is owned Muslim family of Late ME MEERAN from Kochi. This has nothing to do with RSS or BJP

Saba Naqvi Verified account @_sabanaqvi

My discovery in karwar region near coast of Karnataka. Anant Kumar hedge country....

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Peregrine »

Necessary for Shiv Sena to stay in BJP-led alliance: Sanjay Raut – PTI

HIGHLIGHTS

- The Uddhav Thackeray-led party has been aggressively pushing for rotational chief ministership and 50:50 powersharing formula, demands rejected by the BJP

- "Individuals are not important but state's interest is important. Decisions need to be taken in a calm manner and keeping in mind the state's interest," the Rajya Sabha MP said

MUMBAI: In an apparent softening of stand, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut on Wednesday said it is necessary for the party to stay in the BJP-led alliance in the larger interest of Maharashtra, but without compromising on "respect".

He said there was no hurry to form the next government and rejected speculation that the Shiv Sena may split if there was a delay in formation of the new Council of
Ministers.

Talking to reporters, Raut said it is necessary for the Sena to remain in the saffron alliance in the interest of the state, but added that "respect" is also important.

"Individuals are not important but state's interest is important. Decisions need to be taken in a calm manner and keeping in mind the state's interest," the Rajya Sabha MP said.

The Uddhav Thackeray-led party has been aggressively pushing for rotational chief ministership and 50:50 power- sharing formula, demands rejected by the BJP.

Raut said his party only wants implementation of what was decided between the two allies before the October 21 assembly polls.

To a question on whether the Shiv Sena was adamant on implementing the 50:50 formula (equal share in power), Raut said, "You (the media) are saying this. We only want things to be done according to what has been decided earlier."

He said there was no question of any newly-elected Sena MLA leaving the party due to delay in government formation.

"No newly-elected MLA from any party will split. There was no question of this happening with Shiv Sena MLAs," Raut asserted.

About re-election of Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis as leader of the BJP legislature party, Raut said, "Those who have support of 145 MLAs (in a house of 288) will be the chief minister and it is duty to welcome him."

Asked about reports that the BJP has offered deputy chief minister's post and 13 portfolios to the Sena, Raut evaded a direct reply and said "We are not sitting with account books."

Raut, the executive editor of Sena mouthpiece 'Saamana', has been vociferously articulating the party's demands for equal share in power and the chief minister's post on a rotational basis.

On Tuesday, Raut had even talked of his party looking at "alternatives" if its key demands were not accepted by the BJP.

"We believe in the alliance (with BJP) as we contested the polls jointly. But the BJP should not compel us to commit the sin of looking for an alternative for government formation," Raut had said.

The BJP has been insisting that Fadnavis will remain the chief minister for thenext five years.

The BJP won 105 assembly seats, while the Sena bagged 56 in the 288-member house.

Cheers Image
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

kit wrote:
Gyan wrote:
Chinese Industry is all State protected, gets free capital, cheap electricity & subsidised logistics plus back stop from domestic market. No one can beat them without imposing minimum customs duty of 40% to 80%
Nothing can be free for long. Its not a viable long term economic model. , is it?

By extension how long can China subsidize an economic growth on the back of supported enterprises and how can they be a part of FTAs if they continue to do so?

Western capitalism had benefitted from exporting their entire manufacturing to China., and "capitalism" itself is on the way to oblivion the way it was. Markets are not free any more there must be a cost to access it and here is where India should play it right. Does being a part of FTA beneficial or not, some hard checks need to be done., and done right.

nope! sir ji!! Western Countries only exported the machinery for consumer goods and not capital goods. Consumer goods like shirts, shoes, furniture, toys, glassware, etc. The reason is that robots are still expensive than dirt cheap labor in many countries. Sooner or later all of these consumer goods will be back to their original place with robots manufacturing them. So!!! days of the human labor are going away fast and people who evolve to learn new technology will survive while labor unions,commies, etc will die! the sooner it happens the better it will be. Already the jobs of cashier, tellers, customer services are going extinct as more and more people are doing the work electronically.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sena better be careful and not wait long.

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Had a long time in the making ... Had advised family and friends who would listen around the time Aadhar case was in the SC. My guess then was about 10 years for all India coverage.

https://twitter.com/monikahalan/status/ ... 3850385408
Monika Halan @monikahalan

If the government has the courage to link @UIDAI with real estate ownership, expect prices to stay tepid. This is good news for real buyers and investors as it deals a hard blow to black money in real estate deals. My column in @livemint
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

pankajs wrote:Had a long time in the making ... Had advised family and friends who would listen around the time Aadhar case was in the SC. My guess then was about 10 years for all India coverage.

If the government has the courage to link @UIDAI with real estate ownership, expect prices to stay tepid. This is good news for real buyers and investors as it deals a hard blow to black money in real estate deals. My column in @livemint
:-? I thought Aadhar was already mandatory for real estate transactions. This is from personal experience. I was involved in some real estate transactions a few years back, in the newly minted Telangana state. For registrations, buyer(s) & seller(s) must have mobile no., PAN, and Aadhar card. No exceptions. The sale deed listed the buyer(s) info & seller(s)info (address, mobile no., PAN, and Aadhar card). No exceptions.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

la.khan wrote:
pankajs wrote:Had a long time in the making ... Had advised family and friends who would listen around the time Aadhar case was in the SC. My guess then was about 10 years for all India coverage.

:-? I thought Aadhar was already mandatory for real estate transactions. This is from personal experience. I was involved in some real estate transactions a few years back, in the newly minted Telangana state. For registrations, buyer(s) & seller(s) must have mobile no., PAN, and Aadhar card. No exceptions. The sale deed listed the buyer(s) info & seller(s)info (address, mobile no., PAN, and Aadhar card). No exceptions.
True - everything is provided in triplicate. But I am not sure the data gets converted and used somehow to weed out or flag Benami transactions. I heard about some big data setup to figure out people who had high deposits, that could not be correlated to their income etc. suddenly after demo Never heard about that capability or updates on it again.
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

A person in my locality recently sold his land and is using the proceeds to build a new home at a different place using a small construction company. I think tying up Aadhar to Real Estate ownership cannot root out black money in 2 crore or less type purchase transactions. I still see that bundles of 2K notes (black money - i.e portion of the purchase transaction which constitutes the amount greater than the guideline value) are passing from buyer of a land to its seller. This happens even when a loan is being taken in a bank by the buyer to fund the purchase. They disburse the amount to multiple other bank accounts & then take out 1.5 Lakhs every day for a week or so from each of those accounts. This indicated person then moved the amount to the construction company in same fashion. People surrounding him know that the black money transaction is indeed happening ... in fact the bank manager also knows about it - but the person (with no known contacts at govt or bureaucracy levels) is confident that he won't get caught. Maybe a demonetization of 2K notes will help to reduce these type of black money transactions a bit more. Maybe reducing land registration costs will reduce these black money transactions.

Out-Of-Topic. In TN I was suprised to see that even in the electric crematoriums - a family needs to provide the Aadhar card of the deceased & a doctor's certificate indicating the reason for death before the body can be cremated. I asked for the reason ... but the person monitoring the crematorium was clueless ... maybe the government will disable the usage of that Aadhar number across the entire Aadhar based eco-system.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

How does one survive in todays Bharat without a mobile phone ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SaraLax wrote:

A person in my locality recently sold his land and is using the proceeds to build a new home at a different place using a small construction company. I think tying up Aadhar to Real Estate ownership cannot root out black money in 2 crore or less type purchase transactions. I still see that bundles of 2K notes (black money - i.e portion of the purchase transaction which constitutes the amount greater than the guideline value) are passing from buyer of a land to its seller. This happens even when a loan is being taken in a bank by the buyer to fund the purchase. They disburse the amount to multiple other bank accounts & then take out 1.5 Lakhs every day for a week or so from each of those accounts. This indicated person then moved the amount to the construction company in same fashion. People surrounding him know that the black money transaction is indeed happening ... in fact the bank manager also knows about it - but the person (with no known contacts at govt or bureaucracy levels) is confident that he won't get caught. Maybe a demonetization of 2K notes will help to reduce these type of black money transactions a bit more. Maybe reducing land registration costs will reduce these black money transactions.

Out-Of-Topic. In TN I was suprised to see that even in the electric crematoriums - a family needs to provide the Aadhar card of the deceased & a doctor's certificate indicating the reason for death before the body can be cremated. I asked for the reason ... but the person monitoring the crematorium was clueless ... maybe the government will disable the usage of that Aadhar number across the entire Aadhar based eco-system.
the deceased person's aadhar card may be deactivated to prevent identity theft and misuse by unscrupulous people to draw benefits on the deceased persons' name.

to successfully break any law in India, two colluding people are needed and have to be involved simultaneously.

The person breaking the law and the person involved in enforcing the law.

Haven't all bank scams that have happened in India so far followed this very methodology.

ditto for ration scams and a whole lot of other scams, MNREGA included.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Vikas wrote:How does one survive in todays Bharat without a mobile phone ?
By becoming a Naga sadhu.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A_Gupta saar,

Darshan ji may have meant Nanga sadhu onlee.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is the exact problem with the SS.

long on rhetoric and short on delivery

twitter
Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena: Maharashtra ki kundali to hum hi banayenge. Kundali mein kaunsa greh kahan rakhna hai aur kaunse taare zameen pe utaarne hain, kis taare ko chamak dena hai, itni taakat aaj bhi Shiv Sena ke paas hai.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:this is the exact problem with the SS.

twitter
Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena: Maharashtra ki kundali to hum hi banayenge. Kundali mein kaunsa greh kahan rakhna hai aur kaunse taare zameen pe utaarne hain, kis taare ko chamak dena hai, itni taakat aaj bhi Shiv Sena ke paas hai.
SS is trying to stay relevant in the times of Modi and DF. What exactly does current SS stand for, no one knows.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vikas wrote:
chetak wrote:this is the exact problem with the SS.

twitter
SS is trying to stay relevant in the times of Modi and DF. What exactly does current SS stand for, no one knows.

just look at that deluded and faux grandiose statement.

they are legends in their own empty minds.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Sanjay Raut's job is to talk big, a la Gafoora. They act and talk as if they would have swept Maha but for DF and BJP.
The third generation rule is going to strike SS too in next 5-10 years. Meanwhile space vacated by NCP will be slowly occupied by BJP (& SS). In the game of politics, One election cycle is too short a time.

Where is Raj T these days ? He hasn't spoken since elections.

Yeah!! They are household names in their own house only.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

la.khan wrote:

Same end goal BUT two different paths, the difference implicit in the words "transaction" vs "ownership" AAdhar update.

AAdhar via transaction will take a while to update all land records and in some inter-generational transfers will only enter the records once in a generation or two.

The current proposal will force the updation within a specific period as determined by the government. When the notification is issued for a City/Town/Kasba/Village all land records have to be linked to the owners AAdhar pronto.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Add to this is another project that is being rolled out. Both together will ensure a water tight land acquisition and disposal framework for public and private entities and safety of titles. Also deal with squatters and land scam artists like our Robber shri.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/10/ ... p-country/
India is using hundreds of drones to map the country in incredible detail
One of the first areas being surveyed is the Ganges river basin, which is being mapped with an accuracy of 10 cm, according to Professor Ashutosh Sharma of India’s Department of Science & Technology.

A fleet of 300 drones is being gathered to capture aerial footage, which will be combined with other data sources and then converted into highly detailed maps using artificial intelligence.

“Even today we don't have a digital map of India of sufficient accuracy,” Professor Sharma told the Times of India. “But this is [going to be] the basis for everything... whether we have to lay down train tracks, lay a road, put up a hospital ... or any kind of development and planning.”

The new maps will have a scale of 1:500, meaning 1 cm will represent 5 metres on the ground. Mapping remote towns and villages in this detail will give local authorities accurate data relating to land ownership. In some cases, it is believed this will enable citizens to have verified land-ownership claims leading to the issuance of property titles for the first time.

Between now and 2021, the Indian project – which also brings together data from multiple sources – will map 75% of the country. The initial focus areas will be those that are populated – regions that are mostly forest or desert, for example, may be excluded from the exercise.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1189443854400815104
ANI @ANI

Karnataka Chief Minister, BS Yediyurappa: About Tipu Jayanti, we are going to drop everything and we are also thinking to drop everything in the textbooks about him.
Something is very wrong about this statement. BJP still does not get it or at least Yediyurappa doesn't. Guess what is wrong. Leaving it open. Will put down my thoughts later.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

there are some of the ministeries capable of generating the max amount of scandals and corruption cases.

agriculture is another one.

twitter
Maharashtra BJP and @Dev_Fadnavis has clarified that talks there will be no talks on CM CHAIR,HOME, FINANCE, REVENUE and URBAN DEVELOPMENT with Shiv Sena. Witnessing very aggressive BJP and not allow bully sena to dictate terms.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
Remember this?
The entire boggie of Maharashtra politicians against EVM have gone into hiding.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

we are also thinking to drop everything in the textbooks about him
The info can be out there outside textbooks. If you cram textbooks full of the atrocities committed by genocidal petty thieves there would be no pages left and students would get hernia from carrying their bookbags.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Don't know where else to post this but it is important.
WhatsApp on Tuesday sued Israeli technology firm NSO Group, accusing it of using the Facebook-owned messaging service to conduct cyberespionage on journalists, human rights activists and others. The suit filed in a California federal court contended that NSO Group tried to infect approximately 1,400 "target devices" with malicious software to steal valuable information from those using the messaging app. WhatsApp head Will Cathcart said the lawsuit was filed after an investigation showed the Israeli firm's role the cyberattack, despite its denials.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

UlanBatori wrote:
we are also thinking to drop everything in the textbooks about him
The info can be out there outside textbooks. If you cram textbooks full of the atrocities committed by genocidal petty thieves there would be no pages left and students would get hernia from carrying their bookbags.
I am from Tippu land, and in social studies we had a chapter called "The Tiger of Mysore". It was a pretty dry read about Tippu's wars with the British. The fact is Tippu Sultan did exist and one cannot just wish him away. The only real problem was a very "secular" treatment given to Islamic rulers. We had 1 chapter each for each of the "great" Mughals. The entire Wodeyar dynasty which is the local kingdom just got 1 chapter in 9th Std. Incidentally the grandson of the last Maharaja was my classmate that year.

This needs to be fixed. Not removing Tippu completely. Now it will be a delicate balancing act about what to say about him.
Overall, I think we need to focus more on the local dynasties like Mauryas, Gangas, Cholas, Pandyas, Marathas, and include the Mughals, Tughlaks, Bahmanis etc without putting the latter on a pedestal.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

MH inching towards minority govt ?
Sanjay Raut meets Pawar, speculations mount .
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

IndraD wrote:MH inching towards minority govt ?
Sanjay Raut meets Pawar, speculations mount .
as per TV news, pawar says that no meeting took place.

the tv reporter said that this means that pawar is signalling that he is not yet ready to deal with the situation of the SS and is still in a wait and watch mode onlee.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

KJo wrote:This needs to be fixed. Not removing Tippu completely. Now it will be a delicate balancing act about what to say about him.
History is quite okay, if the truth is put up in its entirety. In fact that would be pretty close to what the Horrible Histories of books does. History has been horrible and it is better to keep it that way. What is happening in "secular" India is the white-washing of certain gangs of kings and totally obliterating some part of history. In case of Tipu Sultan; fine put up a few pages on him. But clearly say that he was an Islamic bigot who showed religion sanctioned hatred to Kodavas, and the Hindus of what is today modern Northern Kerala. Add his excellent treatment of Christians from Mengaluru coast for better effect. Sooner or later the peacefools themselves will ask for the chapter to be dropped.

The history taught in our schools is so pathetic. I came to know about the true Tipu Sultan after reading a book Malabar Manual by a Scott; William Logan. Though I often wondered how many dogs in KL had the name of Tipu.

Meanwhile in MH.
Maharashtra Govt Formation Live: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut meets NCP Chief Sharad Pawar
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KJo wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: The info can be out there outside textbooks. If you cram textbooks full of the atrocities committed by genocidal petty thieves there would be no pages left and students would get hernia from carrying their bookbags.
I am from Tippu land, and in social studies we had a chapter called "The Tiger of Mysore". It was a pretty dry read about Tippu's wars with the British. The fact is Tippu Sultan did exist and one cannot just wish him away. The only real problem was a very "secular" treatment given to Islamic rulers. We had 1 chapter each for each of the "great" Mughals. The entire Wodeyar dynasty which is the local kingdom just got 1 chapter in 9th Std. Incidentally the grandson of the last Maharaja was my classmate that year.

This needs to be fixed. Not removing Tippu completely. Now it will be a delicate balancing act about what to say about him.
Overall, I think we need to focus more on the local dynasties like Mauryas, Gangas, Cholas, Pandyas, Marathas, and include the Mughals, Tughlaks, Bahmanis etc without putting the latter on a pedestal.
the pakis had three warships named PNS Tippu Sultan.

the pakis name their ships and missiles after ghazis, meaning that the name tipu sultan has no legitimate place in independent India.

How can an anti Hindu jehadi icon in paki land become an icon in independent India simultaneously.

per wiki
PNS Tippu Sultan may refer to one of the following ships of the Pakistan Navy:

PNS Tippu Sultan (D49), the former British O-class destroyer HMS Onslow (G17); acquired by the Pakistan Navy in 1949; served until 1979

PNS Tippu Sultan (D168), the former American Gearing-class destroyer USS Damato (DD-871) launched in 1945; acquired by the Pakistan Navy in 1980; scrapped in 1994

PNS Tippu Sultan (1994), the former British Type 21 frigate HMS Avenger (F185); acquired by the Pakistan Navy in 1994; active in Pakistan Navy as of 2009
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Sachin wrote:
KJo wrote:This needs to be fixed. Not removing Tippu completely. Now it will be a delicate balancing act about what to say about him.
History is quite okay, if the truth is put up in its entirety. In fact that would be pretty close to what the Horrible Histories of books does. History has been horrible and it is better to keep it that way. What is happening in "secular" India is the white-washing of certain gangs of kings and totally obliterating some part of history. In case of Tipu Sultan; fine put up a few pages on him. But clearly say that he was an Islamic bigot who showed religion sanctioned hatred to Kodavas, and the Hindus of what is today modern Northern Kerala. Add his excellent treatment of Christians from Mengaluru coast for better effect. Sooner or later the peacefools themselves will ask for the chapter to be dropped.

The history taught in our schools is so pathetic. I came to know about the true Tipu Sultan after reading a book Malabar Manual by a Scott; William Logan. Though I often wondered how many dogs in KL had the name of Tipu.

Meanwhile in MH.
Maharashtra Govt Formation Live: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut meets NCP Chief Sharad Pawar

Is this deliberate ploy from Namo-Shahmo to ignore the SS shenanigans and let them dig a bigger hole so as to bury them once and for all. :wink:
Otherwise why this wait to stake claim, if SS want to form government with NCP/Cong probably will be the last nail in the 'Marathi Manus' coffin
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1189443854400815104
ANI @ANI

Karnataka Chief Minister, BS Yediyurappa: About Tipu Jayanti, we are going to drop everything and we are also thinking to drop everything in the textbooks about him.
Something is very wrong about this statement. BJP still does not get it or at least Yediyurappa doesn't. Guess what is wrong. Leaving it open. Will put down my thoughts later.
My thoughts but much better articulation than I could ..
https://twitter.com/vikramsampath/statu ... 4023404544
Vikram Sampath @vikramsampath

The ideal thing wouldn't be to drop #TipuSultan from textbooks (you can't wish away your history, can you?), But presenting his true picture including his bigotry that's always been whitewashed. This lopsided view of history no better than Congress style glorification of TS.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rsatchi wrote:Meanwhile in MH.
Is this deliberate ploy from Namo-Shahmo to ignore the SS shenanigans and let them dig a bigger hole so as to bury them once and for all. :wink:
Otherwise why this wait to stake claim, if SS want to form government with NCP/Cong probably will be the last nail in the 'Marathi Manus' coffin

No matter what the outcome, SS with this latest antic, has given Modi/Shah duo the incentive to untangle BJP from SS for the future.

While it might be amusing for the Media and the SS workers I am sure that the duo is not amused. Theek hai.