Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
komal
BRFite

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by komal »

And they can get Pakistan to pay for a border wall. Newt can light lamps. And generate 1.9 GDP growth. That will teach the urban naxals!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

komal wrote:HITLERY. OBAMBA. KKKLINTON. Urban naxalite.
Komal'ji, it is not about le-publicans vs. democrats.

Racism is past. In Texas 'Howdy Modi' has buried racism. There will be sections, and large sections of American societies which will be parochial and racial and all that, but their effect is waning fast.

Issue is not racism. That was past century. 9/11 proved that racism was a problem of last century.

Issue is Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Put it this way, in today's world - can I deal with racism? Yes. Confidently. Now can you say that you can confidently deal with Radical Islamic Terrorism?

If the answer is yes, we would like to know the social-institutional-political-legal manners you have dealt with Radical Islamic Terrorism and give us confidence that it is not a problem that I, my next generation and next next generation will face tomorrow and do not have to deal with it.

Democrats are toeing the line of Ilhan Omar and have become soft jihadists. Tulsi is right. Democrat party needs to be saved from War-monger corrupt Hillary and assorted Clintonites.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Pakistan is the alpha and omega of Islamic Terrorism. 9/11 was planned by the ISI. They provided Osama with a safe haven.

The GOP denied a visa to Modi but welcomed Mushraaf with open arms (no pun intended)

And the GOP claims Iran is the source. And applies sanctions.

And Indians r mad at the Democrats?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^ Komal'ji, please do not be imprisoned by the past. Look at the current and future.

Who is controlling the democrat party and which democrat have come out in support of Article 370? Why Ilhan Omar & AOC have such a stranglehold on democrat party?

Did you see what Ilhan Omar recently did? Why no democrat stood up against that?

GOP is mad. Indians are mad. Let's leave those points of yours aside.

Can you please explain what Ilhan Omar did recently and tell us why that is sane?
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

I have no idea. But her antics have no impact on the debate. The GOP has chosen to impose sanctions on Iran and not Pakistan. That is far more important than anything done by Omar.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

komal wrote:Not to mention that Woodrow Wilson, ...
Interesting you bring up WW. Look up how the great non-racist idealist treated India. It is eyeopening.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/14/us-has- ... study.html
America has spent $5.9 trillion on wars in the Middle East and Asia since 2001, a new study says
The U.S. wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Pakistan have cost American taxpayers $5.9 trillion since they began in 2001.
The figure reflects the cost across the U.S. federal government since the price of war is not borne by the Defense Department alone.
The report also finds that more than 480,000 people have died from the wars and more than 244,000 civilians have been killed as a result of fighting. Additionally, another 10 million people have been displaced due to violence.
It breaks down like this, according to Crawford and the report:

Total U.S. war-related spending through fiscal year 2019 is $4.9 trillion.
The other $1 trillion reflects estimates for the cost of health care for post-9/11 veterans.
The Department of Veterans Affairs will be responsible for serving more than 4.3 million veterans by 2039.
What’s more, longer wars will also increase the number of service members who will ultimately claim veterans benefits and disability payments.

The U.S. government spent $4.1 trillion during fiscal year 2018, which ended Sept. 30, according to the Treasury Department.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

There fixed it. :rotfl: :mrgreen:
komal wrote:Pakistan is the alpha and omega of Islamic Terrorism. 9/11 was planned by the ISI. They provided Osbama with a safe haven.
He visited there as a youth at Occidental College.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

komal wrote:I have no idea. But her antics have no impact on the debate. The GOP has chosen to impose sanctions on Iran and not Pakistan. That is far more important than anything done by Omar.
True, but Omar is the face of the new urban Naxal party of America. Trump curtailed significant aid to TSP. The likes of which were not seen since the end of Cold War. Give credit where it’s due. It was the Clintons and Bush-II that revived TSP.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

it is not about le-publicans vs. democrats
It is for those who are too wrapped up in Amreeki politics. They simply can’t see how times have changed both in India and the US, and remain stuck to the paradigms of the past.

I have older relatives (and I’m old myself) that constantly vote for the INC because they brought India independence and got handouts from the INC. These people have become vote banks and their party can do no wrong.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

komal wrote:I have no idea. But her antics have no impact on the debate. The GOP has chosen to impose sanctions on Iran and not Pakistan. That is far more important than anything done by Omar.
wow! Omar bhakts now? The queen of ISIS is now Dem's angel?
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

The Dear Leader of many on this forum placed an idol of the genocidal Churchill in the Oval Office. But that is okay.

We must never forget that it was Hitlery who enabled the arming of Pakistan between 1981 and 1988 and then provided billions to the ISI after 9/11.

And pointing out that the Dear Leader of many on this forum has applied sanctions on Iran but welcomed Imran Khan proves Omar is a dumbocrat angel.

And most of all the dumbocrats had nothing to do with immigration reform because HST LBJ were racists and Hitlery and Omar r warmongers.

1.9% GDP and $1 trillion annual debt.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

komal wrote:I have no idea. But her antics have no impact on the debate.
Then request to please get some idea. And antics of both AOC and Ilhan Omar have major impact on the debate. In fact, Bernie wanted to get AOC's endorsement and there was a major drama around it.

Similarly several of the Democrats want Ilhan Omar's endorsement. It sometimes appears as if Ro Khanna's twitter has been taken over by Ilhan's 72nd husband's ghost.

Your position comes off as very ignorant when you mention
I have no idea
and reeks of partisanship when you go ahead and state
But her antics have no impact on the debate
Point is Ilhan Omar's line is same as Clintonites like Pocahontas or Bernies or Bidens's line - only shriller.

You are welcome to your stated position. On that I made mine and on that we can agree to disagree and move on.

However you have not answered one question:
What is your answer for Radical Islamic Terrorism?
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Attack Pakistan and dismember it?

Have Newt light lamps? Hold hearings in the House and praise India?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

How come TG missed the boat on this Critical Iowa Event whatever that is? (Is that the Iowa Kakoose?) Does that sink her? Apparently not. The Iowa Kakoose is in February.

1) What are the Iowa caucuses? {This is from 2016: interesting comments about DT there..}
The Iowa caucuses are the first time actual voters all across any US state get up and go say who they want to be president.
And these voters do literally have to "get up and go" — to an in-person event, held at a specific time in the evening, at one of 1,681 precincts across the state. There's no absentee voting, so if you're bedridden or out of the state, you've historically been out of luck.
(However, this year, for the first time, both parties are letting out-of-state members of the military participate by web, and Democrats are making some allowances for other Iowans who might have trouble showing up.)
The caucuses are administered separately by each major party, and Republicans and Democrats have quite different rules. This year, the GOP contest is simple: After some opening rigmarole at their caucus sites, an ordinary secret ballot vote on presidential candidates will be conducted, and the totals will be tallied statewide.

The Democratic caucuses are far more complicated — they're rowdy, hours-long public affairs, with back-and-forth debate among attendees who have to go physically stand with other supporters of their preferred candidate. "It's kind of like a carnival, where the candidates' supporters say, 'Come over to us, to our group!'" says Drake University political scientist Dennis Goldford.

There's no secret ballot, and if a Democratic candidate doesn't get enough supporters in a precinct (15 percent of attendees), he or she is eliminated, reality show style.
Hmm! Little changed from a kay kay kay Grand Klaxons meet.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

UB, this endless prating and doubling-down and sneering when you are called on your childish "KKK were Democrats" trope is embarrassing. You are a long way from being that precocious teenager scintillatingly skewering the thickos around him, you know?

Do you really imagine your readers on this forum aren't familiar with the broad outlines of the US racial politics? Yes the KKK were defeated southern Democrats, do you really imagine forumites need you to educate them about that? Do you imagine they don't know the rest of the story? About the Southern Strategy since the 1960s? And the flight of the Dixiecrats? Or that forumites are simpleminded enough to bleat "Democrats good, Republicans bad" so that you feel the need to beat some sense into them with your sneering and mockery?

Please let it go and contribute useful info and insights. This need to insult you seem to be feeling is incomprehensible to me and certainly unbecoming.

Other forumites, I request that you leave this Kkk-Democrats strand alone and ignore UB's taunts as the eccentricity of an old colleague/ friend or "uncle" depending on your age group.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-ban.html
As the Appeals court covers Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma, women in these states can now effectively bare all without breaking the law, reports NBC News.The 'prohibition on public exposure of breasts by women and girls over 10 years old' will be gone from the city code of Fort Collins as of this week.
Well we have many knowledgable americans here, what do you suppose is next on your country's contribution to humanity, pedophillia or bestiality? i always get the downwards spiral chart mixed up.
But seriously, congratulations are in order for all americans, your revolutionary crotch-first thinking and your imposition of this on the rest of the world is laudable.
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

Looks like Komalji and other Billary defenders arguments are typically in the torn shirt open fly mode, anytime there's a call out of something egregious from the dumbocrats, the response is the elephants aren't lily white either. Well, I know it and most of the folks here also are painfully aware but the mainstream on the donkeys side is far more stinkworthy than the same on the GOP front. I am not happy with either but shall continue to cast my vote on the GOP side when I see the drivel coming from the other side.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^
Good for you!!! imperative that the political strength of Evangelicals continues to increase.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Instead of 'Understanding the US', Posters here are arguing about which American political party is better and only TG should be elected as PoTUS and why DT is evil because he placed a bust of Churchill in oval office.

*Yawn*
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Sleep well.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

KLNMurthy farted, not wrote:{}
1. Trolling notwithstanding, I only said the KKK was started by Democrats. The facts are incontrovertible. The Democratic Party started and fomented the Ku Klux Klan and associated terrorist groups precisely to overthrow the lawfully elected governments, with the intent of suppressing and re-enslaving the minorities. Just like Kashmiri Muslims/Pakistani ISI. I can see why some fans don't like to be reminded of that.

Trying to suppress those historical facts is like the Congressional South Asia Kakoose demanding that the genocide of Hindus not be mentioned in discussing "Kashmir". Oh, that's right!!! :idea: THOSE are also Democrats! "Modern" ones too!

2. Bringing in postors' identity is the true stink of a jerk and long banned on this forum or no intelligent person will post here.

3. I **DO NOT** know who you are and have no wish to know, and don't give a fa*t in a thunderstorm who or what you are. Kindly show the same courtesy towards other postors, by strictly focusing on ideas and facts, not trying to intrude into their personal lives.

4. If all postors on the forum are completely "DivyaDhristhi-ed" about all history and current affairs why have a forum at all, please? Aren't CNN, WaPo and NDTV enough?

5. Finally, you are wasting your time and energy by attacking me. I have no love for any political party. Period. I know you made some prediction about an local election in some US state where the Democrat candidate put up a Hell picture on a highway billboard, and I predicted accurately that in those parts, that would end her candidacy. She lost. Sad for your disappointment. Again, that took only basic intelligence to predict.
As for all the people with the {Yawn} etc. who post only to express their disdain about the entertainment provided to them: People post here at dire risk because there is no clue what any one of many Moderators on a given night will find displeasing, and take out the six-shooter. Apparently "Understanding the US" should consist only of bashing US foreign policy and treatment of ***Indian*** H1B workers. Discussing the economy, history, political process and who knows what else, is all like taking a stroll in downtown Idlib or Quetta.
Surprise! I do not post on BRF for the **entertainment** of any lurkers. Again see about relevance measured in noise amplitude in a thunderstorm, discussed above. If you are yawning, it is a sign of sleepiness (great!) or lack of oxygen. Going to sleep, or starting to breathe may help, thanks.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Lots of good talking points

'This is going to cause down-ballot damage’: Warren's $20 trillion health plan fails to quiet critics
The most-vulnerable Democrat in Colorado’s state House, Bri Buentello, is dreading door-knocking in her rural district now that Elizabeth Warren dropped her massive “Medicare for All” plan into the presidential arena.

“This is going to cause down-ballot damage in swing districts and states if she’s the nominee,” Buentello says, describing how her Pueblo-area constituents — who voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump in 2016 — were already echoing criticisms about a giant, one-size-fits-all big government run plan that cancels private health insurance and raises taxes.

The fear of blowback is indicative of the broad and largely negative response to Warren’s proposal from centrist, moderate and rural Democrats — many of whom, like Buentello, back Joe Biden in the primary. And it exposes the fault line between those who fret about winning voters in the center and the activist progressive base propelling Warren to the front of the Democratic pack.
In swing-state Ohio, Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown, a liberal populist, has previously referred to Medicare for All as a “terrible mistake.” The influential culinary workers union in Nevada has also expressed misgivings. And the best-known Democrat from the blue state stronghold of California, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, also let it be known Friday that she’s not on board.
Throughout the presidential primary season, Medicare for All has been debated repeatedly by Democrats on stages where Warren has largely ducked specifics and the issue of tax increases.

What’s different now is that Warren is emerging as the frontrunner — and centrists and pragmatists in her party are starting to hit the panic button as Warren’s plan seems tailor-made to make enemies of doctors, hospitals, the insurance industry and some employers.
Joe Biden, a top-tier presidential contender along with Warren, on Friday personally attacked the Massachusetts senator’s proposal and her math, saying the plan spends more than it takes in.

“She’s making it up,” Biden told PBS, saying Warren’s proposal spends more than it takes in. “We don’t have to go that route. All we have to do is go back [and] restore Obamacare.”
"You have to be kidding me," retorted Biden campaign manager Greg Schultz. "Warren was a Republican until she was 47 years old while Joe Biden has spent his life helping elect Democrats across the country and served with honor in the Senate and with President Obama."
Veterans of past political campaigns, remembering the beating their party took over Obamacare — which has finally become popular after Republicans attempted to repeal much of it — fear that Medicare for All raises too many questions, picks too many fights with special interests and won’t garner support where it counts the most in a presidential election: swing districts in the swing states needed to clinch the Electoral College.

The fundamental challenge Senator Warren has in selling her plans across the country is that Medicare for All, while popular in largely urban coastal areas, does not share the same appeal in the middle of the country, particularly in the areas where people largely have health insurance and are mostly satisfied,” said Bill Burton, a former spokesman for President Obama’s campaign and the founder of a super PAC that supported his reelection, who also briefly worked for billionaire Howard Schultz's brief 2020 presidential campaign.

“When you look at the counties that President Obama and President Trump won, you see rates of health insurance in the 90-95% range, so she’s potentially solving a problem that many of these voters may not share these views on,” Burton said.

Burton has company among Obama alums , many of whom remember how Republicans weaponized Obamacare in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. Without Obama on the ticket defending his namesake healthcare plan, it was largely a millstone around the necks of Democrats.

“It played out with the Clinton health plan. It played out with the Affordable Care Act. Frankly, going all the way back to President Truman, it is consistently the case that health reforms are always popular at first, when they're more like bumper sticker slogans," said Larry Levitt, the senior vice president for health reform at the Kaiser Family Foundation. "As details get filled in and opponents really start to attack, plans never get more popular.”

The GOP is likely to echo the same criticisms of Obamacare — that it was a step toward socialism. But this time, a wholesale government takeover of health insurance would actually be a step toward socialism, which is still viewed more negatively than positively by Americans overall.

“You don’t win with a message of socialism in a swing state like Florida,” said Bill Nelson, a former Florida senator and Biden surrogate.

Another political problem underpins the debate: most of the Democrats running to unseat Republican incumbent senators don’t support her plan, and if they don’t win their races, then the GOP will remain in control of the Senate. So the plan wouldn’t pass anyway. And if the Democratic senators who oppose Medicare for All win their races, they’re unlikely to reverse their opposition and pass the plan.

The Democrat-controlled House could also pose a problem, said Rep. Ami Bera, a California Democrat who’s a doctor and is neutral in the primary.

“We need to put out proposals that can actually make it into law,” Bera said. “We should be proud as Democrats all of our candidates are talking about how to expand coverage, but I don’t see Medicare for All of getting anywhere close to 218 votes in the House and certainly not 60 votes in the Senate.”
“It comes down to that question of Americans being used to being able to make choices, to have the right to make a decision,” Hickenlooper said. “And I think proposing a public option that allows some form of Medicare that maybe is a combination of Medicare Advantage and Medicare, but people choose it, and if enough people choose it, it expands, the quality improves, the cost comes down, more people choose it, eventually, in 15 years, you could get there, but it would be an evolution, not a revolution.”
And that’s a problem that her plan might exacerbate in places like Colorado’s rural and suburban districts, said Rep. Buentello.

“This is an idea that’s dreamed up in big, urban rich states like Massachusetts and they expect them to go over well in places like Colorado and they don’t,” Buentello said. “The Denver suburbs won’t be in Democratic control forever, and this makes it harder for us to keep.”
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

As I see it, there are 2 rancorous issues for PIO in US of A. Firstly it is the H1-B, working permits for spouses type issues which are largely impactful for a small section of Indians (I think at most 10-15% being very charitable here with the numbers), secondly the overall policy which is stuck in cold war mode for most of the US governmental apparatus (these are people who are now in positions of power that grew up in the late 80s and early 90s- when India was weak both politically and economically). My guess is it is far easier to pivot on the first issue than the second, hence citizens of USA with ambitions of helping bring the vision of a Bharathavarsha leading the world are better off focusing on what must be done for the second. Whether it is best served by 1 candidate or other is a personal decision of course and I am merely stating my beliefs on that front (no problems with the trolls and barbs, too old to care for that cr*p anyway).
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Most of what is on this thread is neither fact nor idea. It is propaganda in spite of protests to the contrary.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Most of what is on this thread is neither fact nor idea. It is propaganda in spite of protests to the contrary.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

A_Gupta wrote:Most of what is on this thread is neither fact nor idea. It is propaganda in spite of protests to the contrary.
If you can provide the “facts” instead of political rhetoric would be pleasant.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Najunamar wrote:As I see it, there are 2 rancorous issues for PIO in US of A. Firstly it is the H1-B, working permits for spouses type issues which are largely impactful for a small section of Indians (I think at most 10-15% being very charitable here with the numbers), secondly the overall policy which is stuck in cold war mode for most of the US governmental apparatus (these are people who are now in positions of power that grew up in the late 80s and early 90s- when India was weak both politically and economically). My guess is it is far easier to pivot on the first issue than the second, hence citizens of USA with ambitions of helping bring the vision of a Bharathavarsha leading the world are better off focusing on what must be done for the second. Whether it is best served by 1 candidate or other is a personal decision of course and I am merely stating my beliefs on that front (no problems with the trolls and barbs, too old to care for that cr*p anyway).
To get a good idea of what impacts PIOs, it would be to see what action happens on the "Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019". There is a R-sponsored bill in the Senate (S.386 with 19R/16D cosponsors) and a D-sponsored bill in the House (H.R.1044 with 203D/108R). The House is busy with impeachment then budget (we may see US government shutdown on Nov. 22). I wish they would impeach the bugger and move on with regular business. Let's see if they can get to it this year.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... e-bill/386
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... -bill/1044
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://shadowproof.com/2016/12/09/obam ... years-war/
OBAMA’S LEGACY: HUMAN COST OF EIGHT YEARS OF WAR

I have never advocated for Trump or voted for him. I have campaigned for Obama (first time). Highly disappointed about his first term. Did campaign for Sanders. This time Tulsi or no one else on Democrat side.

Lot of Trump haters immediately label you as Trump supporter and try to label you. One thing I can tell as a Obama supporter is his administration which promised to get out of wars sponsored wars, supported rebel Islamist groups and broke nations apart. I recognized it after Obama's first term. Sad and Reprehensible

Trump is terrible man but one thing I can say truly that he did not get involve in wars and let the world sort it for itself.

The see eye yay/SD people have been terrible and always there to sponsor wars, destroy nations. Suddenly these have become biggest institutions supported by Dem donkeys. Tragic
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Surprised that no one has brought up drugs/opioids/pharma.
Shouldn't forget china specific policies and war machinery targeting or not targeting chinese.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

PeeAyyo ppl r not Indian citjens. So as applied to US, they must be US citjens. I cannot see why any PeeAyyo other than the tiny minority who run "bodyshops" (sorry no offence intended, u know what I mean) would lose sleep about immigration policy for skilled immigrants: they worry about Family Immigration maybe. Or keeping their jobs in the face of a flood of Outsourcing. It is not unexpected: PeeAyyOs are the first targets for workplace lynchmob "revenge" when jobs are cut due to outsourcing to India or due to import of DOOs. Know this personally. It is also not unexpected that desis in desh are blind or uncaring about this aspect: they want PeeAyyOs to go agitate to INCREASE the quotas? Why would PeeAyyOs do that? Isn't it enuf that when they vijit desh half the crooks are out there trying to rip them off?

The only good thing this time is to do whatever possible to help TGbibi. Dharma.
Such an amazingly refreshing change from what passes for yindoo-Amirkhan in the RoKhanna generation. :roll:
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

+1 from me who has spent decades in white MIC and have extended family who run various businesses all over Midwest and Dixieland.

People who gained with relatively no pain have many desires and complains.

Just came back from a local Mandir where it's sort of become fashion by many coconuts to call Tulsi a fake Hindu. Most of them recent arrivals in last two decades who don't even have any idea about struggles that went into building a Hindu Mandir that they were standing in. Their only qualifiers to be Hindu are that they're from India and were born in family with Hindu names. Needless to say that they got off the boat, picked an affiliation to some political party to look cool/go with the crowd/etc. and will stick with it till they die.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote:Most of what is on this thread is neither fact nor idea. It is propaganda in spite of protests to the contrary.
protests to the contrary :rotfl:

sir ji, those protests are your fact and idea?!!! :twisted: Saar you have gone over to Ms. Anna Kasparian - lovely "blonde" who is as intelligent as Ms. Marylin Monroe (who two timed bros.) :evil:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UlanBatori wrote:PeeAyyo ppl r not Indian citjens. So as applied to US, they must be US citjens. I cannot see why any PeeAyyo other than the tiny minority who run "bodyshops" (sorry no offence intended, u know what I mean) would lose sleep about immigration policy for skilled immigrants: they worry about Family Immigration maybe. Or keeping their jobs in the face of a flood of Outsourcing. It is not unexpected: PeeAyyOs are the first targets for workplace lynchmob "revenge" when jobs are cut due to outsourcing to India or due to import of DOOs. Know this personally. It is also not unexpected that desis in desh are blind or uncaring about this aspect: they want PeeAyyOs to go agitate to INCREASE the quotas? Why would PeeAyyOs do that? Isn't it enuf that when they vijit desh half the crooks are out there trying to rip them off?

The only good thing this time is to do whatever possible to help TGbibi. Dharma.
Such an amazingly refreshing change from what passes for yindoo-Amirkhan in the RoKhanna generation. :roll:
So sorry. I should have said NRIs who aspire to become PIOs. That bill passage is pretty important for people who seek a Green Card.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

komal wrote:Attack Pakistan and dismember it?

Have Newt light lamps? Hold hearings in the House and praise India?
Komal'ji, why not?

At Howdy Modi event attended by Trump, Modi declared that Radical Islamic Terror is the scourge of humanity and it was answered in affirmative. In fact, he went and said that a decisive battle against Radical Islamic Terror needs to be fought.

To that, what did democrats do? They went and strengthened the same hands of Radical Islamic Terror.

Yes, Democrat can hold hearing in house and point out the scourge of humanity. But what does Ilhan Omar do? You had no clue so far and now do not want to admit that she did wrong. With ample support from other democrats.

I have one simple request to you. Please do not fight yesterday's battles. Scourge of humanity - Radical Islamic Terror - is real and present danger and for that anybody who supports Radical Islamic Terror needs to be defeated and any body fighting against it needs to be strengthened.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

darshan wrote: Just came back from a local Mandir where it's sort of become fashion by many coconuts to call Tulsi a fake Hindu. Most of them recent arrivals in last two decades who don't even have any idea about struggles that went into building a Hindu Mandir that they were standing in. Their only qualifiers to be Hindu are that they're from India and were born in family with Hindu names. Needless to say that they got off the boat, picked an affiliation to some political party to look cool/go with the crowd/etc. and will stick with it till they die.
It is indeed a sad situation when this coconuts just get stuck in the Clintonite narrative. Liberalism at other's cost is definitely addictive! Interestingly these very coconuts are racists!
Last edited by disha on 04 Nov 2019 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Mort Walker wrote:I have older relatives (and I’m old myself) that constantly vote for the INC because they brought India independence and got handouts from the INC. These people have become vote banks and their party can do no wrong.
It is difficult to break through shibboleths. Particularly when they invested their very own image in that shibboleth. For example in 2016 several voted for Hillary since they identified themselves as 'progressive' and 'feminists'.

Now being a democrat is being considered as 'liberal', 'progressive', 'feminist', 'global citizen'. Except they do not realize that unless they vote for Tulsi, they are just fools being used as tools for Radical Islamic Terrorism.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

America's Goodly Veneer Was a Lie
If the country awakes from its nightmare, the knowledge Americans will have gleaned from these years is harrowing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ie/601105/
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://mobile.twitter.com/iMac_too/sta ... 3822918656

Belgium could be a great model for future for Democrats.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Mort Walker wrote: I should have said NRIs who aspire to become PIOs. That bill passage is pretty important for people who seek a Green Card.
No problem. The Authoritative Definition of What is Important to PeeAyyOhs came from someone else - you were just replying on specific instance of the Bill. I do not mean that PIOs don't necessarily CARE what happens to other desis - they do, and show it well enough for anyone to see, no certificates needed. What rankles is the comfortable assumption that they will keep doing that, as if it is their DUTY and their jaab (not the death of it). And that US citizens of Indian origin care *only** about bringing in more Indians to take their jobs, not about the issues of interest to all other Americans, States and their neighborhoods. "After they are not REAL "Americans", hain? They are **ONLY** indians! And that too many are probably not from Good Families!"

So who is a ***REAL American***? Take, for instance POTUS-Donkey Nomination candidate and South Bend Indiana (Land of Burton-Quayle-Pence) Mayer Peter Buttigieg. He is a MALTESE-American. Haven't you heard of Maltese Falcon? Or Malt Whiskey? Went to St. Joseph's Caallege. Main qualification cited on his Wikipedia cv is that HIS FATHER was a Brophejar at Notre Dame for 29 years ("Good Family onlee"). And he is such a HAPPY person ("gay" is the term they use in America..). With a wife, but no comment on how "happy" s(he) is.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 04 Nov 2019 18:17, edited 1 time in total.