J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Amber G. »

Here are maps! J&K UT:

India:

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The current attempt to blame the "government" on the terror attacks is just the usual "secular" gimmick to show that J&K state's balkanisation was a wrong move. The main stream media and "seculars" would do this till eternity.
Clearly shows WHY it took so long after bloody partition to set many things straight. No wonder even Sri Lanka congradulated formation of Buddhist majority Ladakh. Would be a good point in diplomatic relations wrt east asia countries.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

CRamS wrote:German Chancellor in Delhi has issued a pretty strong statement on Kashmir on eve of her meeting with ModiJi. Now, of course this is DDM reporting, so can't be sure of the spin..
I don't go with the "spin" especially issued by known "DDMs" ..had more fun looking at and sharing on twitter/FB pictures and news shown below (see the picture)

Typical statements by Merkel are/were like
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel , who co-chaired the fifth Inter-Governmental Consultations (IGC), called on nations to ensure that their territory is not used for terror activities against other countries,
And apart from saying in bold that "Article 370 is INTERNAL matter" ityadi no other "strong" statements were issued. Activities were mostly about trade and boring stuff like looking on while Prof Ashutosh Sharma (who shared this picture on FB) "Exchanging a Declaration of Intent today with the German Federal Minister of Education and Research, Ms. Anja Karliczek. This would initiate India- German collaboration in Artificial Intelligence"..

I am looking at a glass 99% full not 1% empty... (and saving my energy for other battles)
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Can someone produce an all India map showing the true size of Kashmir per se? That is without Jammu.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

sanjaykumar wrote:Can someone produce an all India map showing the true size of Kashmir per se? That is without Jammu.
sanjaykumar Ji :

Please see this map. You can only see the two areas i.e. Kashmir and then Jammu momentarily!

JAMMU AND KASHMIR

Cheers Image
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"When Decision Is Right, Its Echo Is Heard": PM Modi Talks Kashmir In Bangkok
हिंदी में पढ़ें
The Prime Minister claimed that his decision to scrap Jammu and Kashmir's special status had eliminated the root cause of separatism and terrorism in the country.

'When Decision Is Right, Its Echo Is Heard': PM Modi Talks Kashmir In Bangkok

PM Modi also cited India's growing stature on the international stage at the Bangkok event.
New Delhi:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi justified his government's move to scrap Jammu and Kashmir's special status at an event in Bangkok on Saturday, saying that it has helped eliminate the root cause of terrorism and separatism in the country.

"You are aware about India deciding to eliminate a big reason behind the sowing of seeds of terrorism and separatism. When a decision is right, its echo is heard across the globe. And I can hear it in Thailand as well," he said at the 'Sawasdee PM Modi' event, where as many as 5,000 members of the Indian community had gathered to greet him on the first day of his three-day Thailand visit.

The central government had scrapped Jammu and Kashmir's special status and divided it into two distinct union territories on August 5. The bifurcation came into effect from Thursday.

While the move was criticised by Pakistan, which tried to internationalise the issue and escalated tensions at the border, the centre maintained that no foreign nation has the right to question its handling of an internal matter. The ruling BJP has long maintained that Article 370 - which provided Jammu and Kashmir with its special status - was the reason behind terrorism and separatism in the state.

PM Modi then went on to point at the growing importance of India on the international stage, claiming that the country's values will shape the world in the years to come. "This is my first official visit to Thailand, and I can feel a lot of Indianness here. The entire world celebrated Diwali along with India, and I can see that it was the case here too," he said at 'Sawasdee PM Modi' event.

The Prime Minister said that while the ties between the two countries are strong, his government wants to bring them even closer by transforming India's Northeast region into a gateway to Southeast Asia. "Once the India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highway is opened, there will be seamless connectivity between both our countries. I am glad that all of you will have a chance to be part of this story," he said.

The Prime Minister will attend the 16th ASEAN-India Summit, the 14th East Asia Summit and the third summit meeting of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership during his three-day visit to Thailand. He will also participate in the annual East Asia summit and partake in a special leaders' luncheon organised by his Thai counterpart, Prayut Chan-o-cha, on Monday.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

But, when are we going to start telling our side of the story better? When are we going to explain to the world that India can simply not afford to have an Islamic caliphate take birth within her borders? This was beginning to happen in Kashmir right under the noses of Kashmir’s ‘mainstream’ political leaders and they were unable to stop it. Sadly, ‘liberal’ journalists and human rights activists on our side of the border were reluctant to admit that we were dealing with something more serious than a ‘freedom movement’.
Tavleen Singh
https://indianexpress.com/article/opini ... n-6100062/
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

But, when are we going to start telling our side of the story better? When are we going to explain to the world that India can simply not afford to have an Islamic caliphate take birth within her borders? This was beginning to happen in Kashmir right under the noses of Kashmir’s ‘mainstream’ political leaders and they were unable to stop it. Sadly, ‘liberal’ journalists and human rights activists on our side of the border were reluctant to admit that we were dealing with something more serious than a ‘freedom movement’.
Rubbish. India, and by India, I mean Indian nationalists have more than loudly told our side of the story. She is right that we have a bunch of deracinated low-IQ self-centered 'liberal' clowns who gain stardom in the west by bashing India.

Kanwal SibalJi was on TimesNow and he eloquently said how during his diplomat days, he tried convincing western 'human rights' busy bodies, the editorial boards of the likes of NYT/WP/Economist etc. All to no avail. He said their is a deep rooted institutional bias against India that cannot be erased.

One only needs to sense the tone of any Economist report on Kashmir and you will see that they are a bunch of colonial scoundrels. At times they even support Paki terror against India. The most gory example being when Paki ISI through its pigLeTs took out 200 odd people in Mumbai train blasts. Reporting on that the Economist scum bags attributed that to India not negotiating Kashmir with Pakis. How much of "our side" of a story can one tell such bloody racists?

Another observation. Note how 2-bit journos like Burka Bibi, and traitors like Rana Ayyub, Adhothi and Pankaj Misra are invited to write in WP/NYT etc, but one never gets see say a Brahma Chellaney, a brilliant scholar, albeit pro-India, in those rags.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The New Indian Express reports:
90-day-long shutdown breaks backbone of IT sector in Kashmir Valley
http://www.newindianexpress.com/thesund ... 56265.html
Sheikh Parvez, CEO Srinagar Technology Consultants (STC) Private Limited said electricity and internet as “oxygen” for the IT sector. “Since August 5, the government has denied this oxygen (internet) to us. How can IT companies work?” he asked.

Parvez said heads of IT companies in Valley had given a written undertaking to authorities that if internet services were restored to them they won’t allow its misuse. “But unfortunately our pleas have fallen on deaf ears.”

According to Parvez, the IT sector was not hit in 2016 unrest. “The internet lease lines were working during the six-month-long unrest in 2016 following the killing of Hizb commander Burhan Wani,” he said.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

More attention on J&K:
https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ir/600676/
More than once, he pointed to Afghanistan—though he is by no means an expert on the country’s history or current politics, the tale of an Islamic resistance bringing a world power to its knees seemed an attractive motivator. “At times I think,” he said, “if it was possible for the Taliban to defeat America, then why can’t we defeat India?” Though he has not yet become a militant and acknowledges that there was a time when relations with the Indian army were stronger, that memory appears to be fading. “It wasn’t always a bad relationship with the army,” he said. “They built roads for us; we were friendly.” No longer. “Now I see them as an enemy.”

Still, Syed is probably in the minority, at least for now. There is broad acknowledgment among Kashmiris that renewed violence will bring not victory over the Indian state, but only more dead bodies. “Violence did not bring us anything,” Rehman told me when I met him in Pulwama. The Indian government’s actions, he noted, could nevertheless have a snowball effect, building up frustration until anger finally boils over. Of the many who have been arrested, most are young men. “When boys are picked up by police and harassed, they lose the will to live.”
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://www.dailyexcelsior.com/kp-asks- ... neighbour/

KP asks for answers from her former Neighbour

posted excerpts but I submit that the article must be read in full
excerpts
I grew up hearing the wails of why it happened to us. No one ever asks why our neighbors did this to us? The world accepted your version.
It was Ahmed baijaan who was a teenager then, roaming the streets asking ‘kafirs’ to leave. It was the Imam saab from the local mosque I wished everyday whose voice came over the loudspeaker saying only Hindus who convert will be allowed to remain.
But your parents, you, all of you never protested and remained silent. So why ask today who did it?
Does Ahmed baijaan ever think before the right for self-determination comes the right to self-definition? For not a few but for all. The self-definition of who is a Kashmiri? Are those, who have lived here for thousands of years, have less rights than those claiming the land for themselves?
and
Will he say why the men, the ordinary Kashmiri men raped us and dragged many only to kill them? Will any Kashmiri Muslim say why the voices of from the mosques asked the Hindu men to leave behind their women?
and
Nowhere during my visit did I find any of you condemning the violence that happened on us. No one has spoken or written about our sorrow, our suffering though voices from your side have been written. It appears as if our sorrow and suffering never existed. It is as if one fine day, the Kashmiri Hindus just vanished from Kashmir of their own free will.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/kas ... n-day-ist/

Not reported in the mainstream media, but in my view, a very important indicator of normalcy in Kashmir.
(Greater Kashmir is a valley publication, not exactly India friendly).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

A sign of Hearts and Minds being won. If one boycotts the 12th grade exam, that ends aspirations of college and true Azadi. So these kids and their parents decided to take the risk. Good for them. And good for the government who did not postpone the exam. Maybe the terrorists were also taking the exams, because there was no violence.

I think this is what will happen with the shuttered shops: new shopping malls will come up, outside the old narrow streets, that will render these shops irrelevant. Seen that happen worldwide, in most cases due to traffic congestion, poor parking, high parking costs, urban crime. Srinagar brings all those.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

CRamS, absolutely correct. erudite, perceptive, lucid commentators like Brahma Chellaney, Bharat Karnad, Sushant Sareen, Kanwal Sibal, even VIshnu Som, are nowhere to be found on the pages of NY Times, WP, Economist et al. It was somewhat surprising, and out of character, of the NY TImes, to carry MEA Jaishankar's indictment of Pakistan in their editorial page.

Even something like "Kashmir is not all Black and White, there are many shades of grey, every fact/truth has its opposite.." is utterly absent. It's all India wrong, human rights violations, restrictions of internet, public opposition to 370 abrogation, suffering Kashmiris, and so on.

At least Indians and PIO's can show unity of spirit in supporting their country/of origin, and not badmouthing it. Alas, even that is too much to ask of some people!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Varoon, Vishnu Som? He is a bloody crook. Now granted, he is a shade different from the rest of the UnDy filth, but I have watched him enough and he blindly sticks to UndY's editorial pro-western, pro-Islamic, virulently anti-Modi, anti-BJP script.

As a continuation of my above post, please see exchange between that Uncle Tom prik Dhume and that silly Suhasini Haider (Gosh wonder how father SuSwamy and daughter are so different), and how Jaggi dismisses them

https://twitter.com/TheJaggi/status/1190995951240011778

This "we are a pluralistic democracy and west respects us for that" crap is getting staid and tiring. These elites probably in cocktail parties with western elites get a pat on their back for being from "a pluralistic secular democracy" and hence the longing for that. And Jaggi rightly shows the middle finger.

As I argue, even pre-Aug 5th, the great "pluralistic secular Indian democracy" did not get any support or approval from the west as KMs threw stones at India, demanded "azaadi" at gun point, partaked in the blood letting of Indian soldiers with Paki terrorists, indulged in hostile propaganda, you name it.

And need I remind everyone that US all but supported Kashmir's secession from India in the 1990's under Clinton even when a 'secular' Cong govt was in power in India.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

wig wrote:https://www.dailyexcelsior.com/kp-asks- ... neighbour/

KP asks for answers from her former Neighbour

posted excerpts but I submit that the article must be read in full
excerpts
I still remember the snake Mirwaiz saying in one of the interviews that "We will forgive our Pandit brothers for abandoning us during our struggles"

Talk about gaslighting!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

And also recall what the vegetarian terrorist openly declare even as he was being courted by all and sundry among Lutens: Adhothis, Radha Kumars, even MMS, and of course westerners, you name it. He p!ssed on India saying it is "imposing" its secularism on the Kashmir. So much respect for India's 'secular pluralistic' character.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

A good article
Opinion Pakistan's Provocateurs Bring the Kashmir Conflict to Europe's Streets, and Radicalize Europe's Muslims
Pakistan is deliberately encouraging anti-Hindu, anti-Indian incitement and thuggish protests, fueling tension between diaspora communities. Who will stop their intimidation and violence, before it's too late?
Shairee Malhotra
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Situation Naarmal onlee.
Grenade thrown in vegetable market.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Alert: Webinar featuring Aarti Tikoo Singh, in about 27 hours from this posting.
Dear Friends, Namaste! Join the Hindu American Foundation for an exclusive conversation on Kashmir with award-winning journalist Aarti Tikoo Singh, Senior Assistant Editor, Times of India (New Delhi). Engage directly with Aarti, who has reported on and from Kashmir for nearly two decades. Don’t miss this unique opportunity on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 9:00 pm Eastern Time (US & Canada).

CLICK HERE TO RSVP: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3ng ... trD-dRorUg

Resources for your review: http://www.iHeartKashmir.org
Misfortunately one has to be on the road herding yaks/goats at that time in Mongolia. :((
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

UlanBatori wrote:Situation Naarmal onlee.
Grenade thrown in vegetable market.
And we all know who eats haram vegetables. When the terrorists were instructed to find the shop selling tomatoes, they asked "what's a tomato?"
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Terroristan Thread

Kashmiris and Indian Muslims - Jawed Naqvi

the aftermath of the anti-Ahmadi violence in the 1950s, Maulana Abul Hasanat Sayyed Muhammad Ahmad Qadri, President of Jamiatul Ulema-i-Pakistan, demanded an Islamic state in Pakistan. And deposed before the Justice Munir Commission that looked into the violence.

Q: You will admit for the Hindus, who are in a majority in India, (a similar) right to have a Hindu religious state?

A: Yes.

Q: Will you have any objection if the Muslims are treated under that form of government as Malishes (Mlechhas) or Shudras under the law of Manu?

A: No.

Maulana Fazlur Rehman heads a faction of the Jamiat today. I gained a nodding acquaintance with the maulana when, for a reason difficult to fathom at the time, he became a regular interlocutor with Indian journalists visiting Pakistan. The maulana’s portly bearing and merry laughter had a likeness to Friar Tuck whose Robin Hood, albeit too briefly, Musharraf had become. A version of the English legend has the monk fording the river in Sherwood Forest with Robin Hood on his back when, in midstream, for no apparent reason, he hurled his friend into the freezing waters. That’s more or less what the maulana is said to have done with Musharraf.

In recent days, the cleric from the doctrinaire Deoband school of Muslim theology has been raging at Imran Khan, accusing the prime minister of insincerity towards the Kashmiri people facing Indian high-handedness since Aug 5. The stance is double-edged.

Fazlur Rehman has friends in high places with the Indian government. Besides, he has the entire Jamiatul Ulema-i-Hind (JUH) and the Deoband seminary eating out of his hands. Atal Behari Vajpayee embraced him and Manmohan Singh welcomed him to the prime ministerial residence. This was around the time when Benazir Bhutto was struggling to get an appointment with Vajpayee in New Delhi, when, as the grapevine had it, she was seeking his intervention to iron things out with Gen Musharraf.

Important Pakistani visitors from the left and liberal corner have not had the ease of access to the prime minister’s office in recent years as the maulana did. His equation with the Modi establishment is not clear, but given the Indian prime minister’s chummy relationship with the rulers of Saudi Arabia — a common link between Rehman and the JUH — it’s not difficult to imagine an agreeable prospect.

The fact that the maulana would routinely drive off to the Deoband seminary, not far from the Indian capital, following his official sojourns, suggests a link between the two stops. That P. Chidambaram made a much-publicised visit to the seminary as home minister further indicates a strong political interest between the Indian government and the orthodox clerics of Deoband. And perhaps it also delivers a handy vote bank that the clerics control.

There are Indian Muslim groups as well as non-Muslims who harbour sympathy for the Kashmiri people, it is mostly with regard to their claim on Jammu and Kashmir’s autonomy within the Indian arrangement. Such groups also speak up against perennially violated human rights endured by the mainly Muslim people of the disputed area. To that extent the JUH has stood with the Kashmiri people, but only from the perspective that their interests were not separate from those of Indian Muslims.

In 2010, during Congress rule there was a surge in India’s stand-off with Kashmiri Muslims, and the J U H, a close cross-border comrade of Maulana Fazlur Rehman, did express its formulaic sympathy. A recent statement was, however, more assertive in its pro-government stance, effectively endorsing the abrogation of Kashmir’s autonomy.

“It is our belief that the welfare of the people of Kashmir lies in getting integrated with India. The inimical forces and the neighbouring country are bent upon destroying Kashmir. The oppressed and beleaguered people of Kashmir are stuck between opposing forces,” the JUH argued, virtually ad-libbing the official view on the abrogation of Kashmir’s autonomy. “The JUH stands steadfastly for the unity and integrity of the country and has accorded it paramount importance. As such it can never support any separatist movement rather it considers such movements not only harmful for India but also for the people of Kashmir.”

The irony is stark. Both the JUH and its Pakistani counterpart headed by Fazlur Rehman are or should be at loggerheads on Kashmir. And they are also tethered to the Saudi establishment for inspiration and sustenance. However, Saudi Arabia has veered close to the Indian stand and even felicitated Modi with its highest civilian award. Imran Khan has chosen to swallow the disappointment and has signalled that it’s business as usual by choosing to fly to the UN General Assembly session in New York on the Saudi crown prince’s private plane. The Kashmiris must be watching the denouement with awe and trepidation.

The JUH leverages Indian Muslims in what is clearly a rather self-serving relationship it has with any government of the day. But this is also how the Hindu right prefers to project the equation. Addressing the media in the aftermath of the derailed Agra summit, then senior minister Jaswant Singh obliquely described the link between Indian Muslims and the Kashmir issue. The gist of his comment was this: if India gives away Kashmir to comply with the two-nation theory, should Indian Muslims not be put in trains to Pakistan?

A different answer to the question came from a senior leader of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front in 1992. Javed Mir had dodged the security dragnet when practically every Hurriyat leader was put behind the bars. I asked Mir to comment on the demolition of the Babri Masjid in Ayodhya, which had just taken place. He said he couldn’t care less what became of it or the dispute, because it concerned Indian Muslims who had shown scant interest in the struggles of the Kashmiris.

Cheers Image
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

What is the problem of this Naqvi fellow? No one listening to him anyway except Paxis.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Deans wrote:https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/kas ... n-day-ist/

Not reported in the mainstream media, but in my view, a very important indicator of normalcy in Kashmir.
The news is from 2017. Anyhow this and several valley based news paper are under lockdown since 5th of August when the 370 achieved shahadat
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

An excellent program on NewsX about the visit of the EU observer team to J&K. Of course I'm biased, I think it's excellent because it agrees with my views 8) , but more to the point, I am sure this is roughly what MAD and Jaishanker were thinking when they decided to invite the EU team.

Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Katare wrote:
Deans wrote:https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/kas ... n-day-ist/

The news is from 2017. Anyhow this and several valley based news paper are under lockdown since 5th of August when the 370 achieved shahadat
Thanks for the correction. Here's one from the J&K paper has has been published regularly since Aug 5.
https://www.dailyexcelsior.com/99-4-cla ... ss-valley/
Same statistic in AIR coverage.

Only today's exam has been deferred due to snowfall.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Yagnasri wrote:What is the problem of this Naqvi fellow? No one listening to him anyway except Paxis.
he writes for the paki audience.

This jehadi mo fo is Dawn's correspondent in India.

writes from dilli, I think.

a real nasty, arrogant and entitled piece of jehadi schitt.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Terroristan Thread

Widespread protests in PoK ring alarm bells for Islamabad – ANI

MUZAFFARABAD: Thousands of demonstrators have taken to the streets of Pakistan occupied Kashmir( PoK) as part of the ongoing protests against the police crackdown on peaceful demonstrations last month that claimed the lives of one person and injured several others in the region.

Protesters alleged that the crackdown has become the modus operandi of the establishment which uses brute force to muzzle all kinds of opinions and dissents in the region. They alleged it was nothing short of the mayhem unleashed by Pakistani forces in 1947 when they invaded their territory.

Afzal Suleria, leader of National Students Federation in Muzaffarabad said, "Our state was divided into many when the tribal attack took place in 1947. The history was repeated. There was a situation of violence and plunder. Women were targeted. Houses were shelled with ammunition."

"Children were charged with baton. Innocents were attacked. One common citizen Aslam Abbasi was killed. No judicial commission has been formed till date and the culprits have not been prosecuted. They were never brought to justice and no FIR was registered".

Various political parties under the All Independent parties alliance(AIPA) in PoK had called for a pro-freedom rally in Muzaffarabad on October 22 to observe "black day". It was on this day in 1947 that Pakistani forces had invaded Jammu and Kashmir.

People had come out on the streets in large numbers to register their protest on the 72nd anniversary of the Invasion Day. Denying the demonstrators to hold antigovernment protestors, the police resorted to using tear gas shells and lathi charged to disperse the crowd.

Muzaffar Baig, another leader of the National Students Federation said while addressing a gathering, "They have their power of influence on common people, be he a businessman, farmer, laborer, or common dweller. Police exercise its authority only on commoners."

He added, "You think we are going to be scared of them? If you are a believer of any religion, for example, you are a Muslim then prepare yourself to sacrifice for Allah. We are not going to be scared of these monsters. We are not getting scared of these people who earn Rs 20,000- 30,000 but don't hesitate in taking ten rupees from a poor man".

While anti-establishment demonstrations and protests is a common sight in the PoK, the last few weeks have presented a different picture altogether.

Unprecedented support and the unflinching morale of the people have certainly rung alarm bells for Islamabad.

At a time when Imran Khan government is already facing a massive political resistance, developments in PoK have added to the worries of the establishment

Cheers Image
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

The Kashmir I Saw

First-hand trip report on Kashmir from Goan journalist Savio Rodrigues.

The site also has several other study pieces based on his trip. All worth a read, very informative and insightful. Not necessarily novel information for this forum, but nevertheless valuable as it is based on first-hand interviews.

Islamic Kashmir is a reality not a myth

Life Expectancy of a Kashmiri Militant: Minimum 2 days, Maximum 1 year
IE: Does the Army attempt to reform these Kashmiri militants?

CL: A militant has an option to surrender. We are not men in uniforms just sitting and waiting to kill every Kashmiri militant. In fact we at times do our best to reach out to the Kashmiri militants to get them to come back to a normal life.

Let me tell you about one of my personal experience. There was this intelligent and good-looking Kashmiri youth. I had him on my intelligence radar for some months on account of the people he was getting associated with and the noticeable changes in his posts on social media. I could see him deteriorating. I tried to reach out to him personally before he turned to militancy and after he became a militant. I even urged him to surrender. But this youth had gone too far in his mind with his militancy, he just refused to come back and eventually was killed. I often tell my family and friends, that this young boy would have made such a wonderful screen actor in a TV soap opera because he looked like a model, if only I could breakthrough his corrupted mind.

The sad bit about this story is that this boy took to radicalism and militancy because his girlfriend dumped him for another boy. That was the trigger that pushed him into militancy and open the door to death.
The Saudi Double Speak: Talk ‘War on Terrorism’, Fund ‘War of Terrorism’

Post Internet Lockdown, Terrorists Turn to CDR Applications to ‘Communicate’ in J&K
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://www.dailyexcelsior.com/no-barri ... shmir-now/

No barrier for Kashmir now y

the article is lengthy. it should be gone through in its entirety. brings out the devious mechanism evolved by Kashmir Muslims to ensure that all classes of society were denied rights while Muslims benefitted
excerpts
discrimination against non Muslim population of the state was enormous and wide in nature, sheltered by Article 370 and 35A. It gave sweeping power, authority to manage, manipulate and impose Kashmir Centric policies which were beneficial to Sunni sect of Muslims, within the state.Late Bakshi Ghulam Mohd was the PM who dethroned Late Shiekh Mohd Abdullah, most popular leader in 1953. In 1956 onward the valley based Muslim political class conspired a subtle plan to maximize number of Muslims in state services. Devised scheme was called 70 : 30. It was a signal perforated within the higher echelon of the political class, that 70% were to be taken from Muslim majority population and 30% from non Muslim populace. With this policy, merit was ignored totally and majority community were preferred in all state affairs, including selection in professional colleges, promotion, appointment and educational scholarship and nomination in professional colleges and Universities outside the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Consequently, first Regional Engineering, Medical college, Polytechnic college, Ayurvedic and Yunani college were raised in Srinagar of Kashmir region, when other two regions of Ladakh and Jammu regions ought to have considerable importance. And in similar style, Sheri Kashmir Institute of Medical Science on the Pattern of AIIMS of Delhi was first established in Kashmir valley at Soura. This is evident that Kashmir based political class grabbed all the developmental and educational projects for the valley to be ahead of other people of the regions in Jammu and Kashmir.
how the landed estates were snatched away without compensaation
Land to Tiller Act under Agrarian reform was enacted in Jammu and Kashmir in early fifties when Late Shiekh Mohd Abdullah was the PM of the state. Under this law, the cultivable land was transferred to the tillers of the land without any compensation to the land owners of the state. In other parts of India, land to tenant was enforced but the land owners were given due compensation by the ruling government. In Kashmir state it was all contrary to that. Land owners were reduced to paupers and acute hard times. They could not file any case in state high Court or in Supreme Court as Article 370A debarred Land owners to challenge the Agrarian Reform act under Fundamental rights. This particular class in the state was economically shattered. Its implementation was successful in the state because the composition of this act was communal in context. Non Muslims, constituted minority section in the state had no voice and leadership were the targeted sector of the ruling party.
No bar council of India or any human right activists or any liberal democrats from any soil of India ever advocated for their cause on humanitarian grounds. Since then this minority section of the state were on receiving end at the hands of brute Muslim majoritarian.

the education sector was subverted and no voice was raised
In mid sixties, late Ghulam Mohd Sadiq the then Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir of leftist schooling of thoughts too had communal bent of mind. In set pattern, Sadiq came up with defilled order for educational institution, where by junior Muslim teacher could be promoted as Headmaster of a school over and above to his senior experienced non Muslim teacher. Grounds given for the tainted order was that Muslims were backward and less educated need out of way approach. Most of the junior teachers took over as headmasters in schools and Kashmir Pandit teachers were set aside. They were made to work under their junior colleagues. It was highly injustices and cruel order for the targeted class of Non Muslim teachers in the state . One late Triloki Nath Tickoo, from Sopore town rose up and fought the case in Supreme court of India to reverse the order. The Chief Justice of India Late Justice Hidayatullah came out with a decree that if 95% of population were backward and underdeveloped, how can 5% population were forward? If, whole state was backward and requires all round development and progress”. And the order released by the then state Govt. was nullified. It took years in state to implement supreme court verdict on the ground as its jurisdiction in the state was hindered by special status of the State. Non Muslim teachers were made to wait for years to get the promotions. Later they were posted in far flung areas at the fag ends of their lives .
the denial of rights to non muslim minority seems to be the order of the day
Minority Commission,- Under Indian constitution, the protection of the fundamental rights of religious minorities within the countries are to be protected and safeguarded. So all states are directed to constitute a minority commission within the state to ensure minority rights of these sections of the population. State of Jammu and Kashmir is the only state where there is no minority commission for last seven decades. The state has minority independent religious denomination in all three provinces. Buddhists and Shias in Ladakh region, Sikhs, Christians, Kashmiri Pandits, Shias in Kashmir Valley and Hindus, Christians in Jammu region but there is no forum for the redress of the grievances of these minorities within the state government. Majority community of state Sunni Muslims claim Minority character while clubbing themselves with rest of Muslims of India and avail of all those benefits earmarked for minorities. Under art 370 and 35A they are privileged to play hide and seek.
Central law whether of welfare measure or of national security concern can’t be extended to the state under special status. That central law needs further ratification by state constitutional assembly, since, that constitutional assembly was dissolved in 1956, so the state assembly of the time has to pass that central law to become law within the state.
discrimnation with Gorkhas, Dalits etc
Gender discrimination– The article 370 and 35A were entrenched with gender discrimination. Though the article is temporary in Indian constitution but this gender discrimination was going on for decades in the state. A woman marry a boy outside the state boy, she would lose all her rights of the state including property rights. On the contrary, if a man marries outside girl, none of the couple would lose any right. She became a state subject who could own property and contest election. So it was undemocratic, illegal and prejudicial article to its own people .
the PDP/ NC were further acting to isolate the Hindu Jammu region
During last seven decades, the political supremacy of Sunni Muslims have grown high. Plans for carving out greater Kashmir region with other Muslim enclaves on periphery of Jammu region are simmering. Opening and construction of Mughal road via Jammu- Poonch to Shopian Kashmir is setting trend for Greater Kashmir. New physical names like, Chenab valley, Pir Panchal valley are being coined contrary to its geographical contours. Mughal Road niched out accessibility to Muslims of the valley with Muslims of Jammu bordering districts into an exclusive locations for greater Kashmir.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

In 1956 onward the valley based Muslim political class conspired a subtle plan to maximize number of Muslims in state services. Devised scheme was called 70 : 30. It was a signal perforated within the higher echelon of the political class, that 70% were to be taken from Muslim majority population and 30% from non Muslim populace. With this policy, merit was ignored totally
Dumb & Dumber - hinduphobia style.
In other parts of India, land to tenant was enforced but the land owners were given due compensation by the ruling government. In Kashmir state it was all contrary to that. Land owners were reduced to paupers and acute hard times. ..This particular class in the state was economically shattered. Its implementation was successful in the state because the composition of this act was communal in context
Is why people aren't celebrating removal of article 370 .. same as what happened to Hindus in Pakistan becoming economically hit hard.
It took years in state to implement supreme court verdict on the ground as its jurisdiction in the state was hindered by special status of the State
Fairness gone for a toss.
Gender discrimination– The article 370 and 35A were entrenched with gender discrimination
No herrows of hooman raaights ever pointed this out except a few.
New physical names like, Chenab valley, Pir Panchal valley are being coined contrary to its geographical contours
Point to note.. also that hinduphobia leads to "Greater hindoo-phobia" unless root cause is finished. Similar to how daleet nomenclature has become a tool to subvert budhdhist BR Ambedkar into propaganda for cryptos.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Comment under that article from where UBCN got the above quote:
No country draws maps that recognize the illegal occupation of their lands by invaders. India's maps have always included what is legitimately Indian territory. In fact it is a "non-bailable offence" under Indian law to show, publish or be caught in possession of maps that show otherwise, unless of course one needs to know the borders of lands held by hostiles. So the author's amazement that India is obeying Indian laws and not Pakistani or Chinese laws, shows the standards of the Lowy Institute. Is he really trying to pass off as a new development, something that has been in place for over a half-century, or has he just woken up? Anyway, better late than never. As for fonts on maps, that is indeed interesting: Jammu may well be intended to become the year-round capital of the Union Territory of Jammu-Kashmir. The former arrangement is that Srinagar is the "Summer Capital" with the Rich (including the former State leadership) migrating to Jammu when the winter (or heightened terrorism) set in. This is a clumsy arrangement: It takes 8 hours by road to go from relatively flat-lands Jammu to Srinagar which is in the Kashmir Valley bounded by some of the tallest mountain ridges in the world. Thanks for pointing out that hopeful sign for the future. Soon, as the shackles on development imposed on Jammu by the dinosaurs in Srinagar are removed, this will become like complaining that Miami is shown in larger font than Tallahassee.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Lowly fellow says:
Apart from creating two new Indian territories, these maps are not surprising: India has always shown all of the former princely state as being its own.
Huh? I got lost right there. Fellow wants Cooch Behar, Oudh, Hyderabad, Junagarh, Travancore, Mysore and the few thousand others... still on the map? What's he smoking?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile at the Indian International Science Festival 2019 in Kolkata (inaugurated today by PM) with much youthful energy absorbing positive vibes.

Photo : Prof Ashutosh Sharma with Colonel Rajat Sharma of Survey of India, Kolkata. I liked the map too. (Photo from FB page of IITK's alum group)
(Vigyan Samagam, a grand exhibition of the global mega science projects with Indian partnership, opened in Kolkata yesterday)
Per Ashutoshji the map can be downloaded from Survey of India site.
Last edited by Amber G. on 09 Nov 2019 01:52, edited 2 times in total.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I love it how Ladakh looks like it is enveloping Kashmir. :rotfl:
Should set the pakis into fits of anger.

I hope they split off Jammu and isolate Kashmir and conduct surgery on only K.
They should have done it when they conducted the dhamaka 2 months ago, it will be a bit harder now to do more splits.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

Any articles in international media reporting on the migration under duress, of about half of the 50,000 non-Kashmiri labourers in the state?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

yensoy wrote:Lowly fellow says: ...
Huh? I got lost right there. Fellow wants Cooch Behar, Oudh, Hyderabad, Junagarh, Travancore, Mysore and the few thousand others... still on the map? What's he smoking?
Lowy Institute is Malaysian.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Per Ashutoshji the map shown above can be downloaded from Survey of India site
Amber G. wrote:Meanwhile at the Indian International Science Festival 2019 in Kolkata (inaugurated today by PM) with much youthful energy absorbing positive vibes.

Photo : Prof Ashutosh Sharma with Colonel Rajat Sharma of Survey of India, Kolkata. I liked the map too. (Photo from FB page of IITK's alum group)
<< Image not copied here >>
(Vigyan Samagam, a grand exhibition of the global mega science projects with Indian partnership, opened in Kolkata yesterday)
Per Ashutoshji the map can be downloaded from Survey of India site.