India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
mappunni
BRFite

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by mappunni »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Ramana wrote:Republicans don't want Hispanic immigrants as they are the Democrat vote base but their farm base wants cheap labor.
Added to that, Hispanics are catholic and conservative. Many (but not a majority) vote GOP.
In Texas the second and third and beyond generation Chicanos, detest illegals. In fact, many Chicano businesses exploit these illegals and then throw them out.

There is no lost love for illegals among the Hispanics too!
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

Vayutuvan wrote:
VenkataS wrote:Look at the following video where an Iranian immigrant mocks Indians by presenting the Senator a green index card and Senator playing along with him.
https://twitter.com/psyinfeld/status/11 ... 9877427200
I can't get to the video as that account has become private. Is that video available elsewhere? I have gone through the writeup on medium. Dick Durbin is a di*k.
Vayutuvan - Does it not open while you are logged in to your Twitter account.
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

VenkataS wrote:Indians in USA, those who do not yet have their green cards are looking at a decades long wait in the green card backlog. This affects all Indian applicants in the US including those working for big companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon etc and not just those working for desi IT companies. Any India born applicant who has applied after 2010 in EB2/Eb3 category will not get their green cards for another 10 years at least. Infact new India born applicants in the EB2 category are looking at a potential wait time of 70 years before they get their green card. Most would die before they get their green cards and many are dying every month leaving their widows/spouses having to grieve and also uproot their families and self deport themselves.

Indian software engineer in Green Card backlog dies suddenly, leaving pregnant wife out of status
https://www.americanbazaaronline.com/20 ... us-439189/

This situation is because of per country limits in employment green cards. Employment based green cards (140,000 annually) constitute a small fraction of the total number of green cards issued every year (about 14%). However they discriminate an applicant based on where they are born. As a result a person not yet born practically anywhere else on earth will have a better chance of getting a green card sooner than an Indian applicant already in the US with a US Masters degree or higher and in the green card backlog for the past 5 years.

A solution here is to eliminate per country limits and make the situation fairer as has been proposed with the S386 "Fairness for high skilled immigrants act of 2019" introduced in the senate. A companion bill in the House HR 1044 passed with a 365 - 65 vote margin. However this bill has been blocked by Democratic Senator Durbin (Illinois) not allowing it to be brought to the Senate floor for a vote through unanimous consent.
However the way that Senator Durbin mocks Indians egged on by Iranian supporters is what is most disturbing.

US senator Richard J Durbin under attack for mocking Indians
https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-ne ... KuLPK.html

Look at the following video where an Iranian immigrant mocks Indians by presenting the Senator a green index card and Senator playing along with him.
https://twitter.com/psyinfeld/status/11 ... 9877427200

Here is a first hand account of what happened at the above townhall by an Indian immigrant:
Senator Durbin’s Non-Constituent Coffee
https://medium.com/@jdjs.121118/senator ... 723b536625

One of the reasons that this bill hasn't progressed on the Senate floor is a lack of empathy for the situation of Indian immigrants even from Indian Americans let alone people like Democrat RO Khanna who goes ahead and joins Pakistani caucus.
Off topic but the real reason this hasn't progressed is a lack of negotiation skill, tactics on the part of the representative organization "Immigration Voice" and their lawyer. They essentially turned bipartisan support into a republican vs democrat thing.
S.386 was never going to pass as is because it basically ensures all EB green cards go to one industry, one country for the next 15 years. Not that it is a bad thing but the impact on other industries would have been huge. No oil industry engrs from BP, no baseball players, no insurance executives from Europe etc.

The impact would have been huge. It requires dealing with tact and not going in with all or nothing. Besides there are holds from both sides. Durbin is the only public hold and for some reason IV wants Indians to believe that Durbin is the oly hold out.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^ Thanks for the explanation, ManSinghji.

This is another example of why the US needs to revamp (as in completely new) the whole immigration/citizenship system, with a fresh look at history as well as future needs. The system is now so complex and muddled that no one knows the effects of another BandAid here or incision there. And it has become gridlocked, which is the cruellest of all, with people just left in limbo.
Have you (not aimed at ManSinghji!) folks ever wondered we don't hear the term "Skills Drain" referring to H1B changing to GC? Its always only "Brain Drain" referring to students who are really seeking their first opportunity that anyone might give them anywhere. In other words, it is(was, decades ago at least) precisely the "wretched refuse (WR) from your shores" that countries like India "allowed" (forced) to go to the US etc (oh yeah, but only if these wretches wanted a chance to eat.). These are the ppl who became PIGS and then climbed up to get their heads above water and soared, at which point the Usual Quarters diss them as money-grubbing traitors etc.

Maybe the US should go back to the original theme. India has come a very long way in recent years since NDA-1 came to power, treating the "WR" with some respect, at least calling them PBs, PIOs and now OCIs rather than just "Brasht" as the cretins used to in the past. Opportunities inside India have zoomed. At least a small part of this (like maybe 90%) is attributable to contact with, if not direct initiatives of, the WR. Which makes one wonder....
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

UlanBatori wrote:^ Thanks for the explanation, ManSinghji.

This is another example of why the US needs to revamp (as in completely new) the whole immigration/citizenship system, with a fresh look at history as well as future needs. The system is now so complex and muddled that no one knows the effects of another BandAid here or incision there. And it has become gridlocked, which is the cruellest of all, with people just left in limbo.
Have you (not aimed at ManSinghji!) folks ever wondered we don't hear the term "Skills Drain" referring to H1B changing to GC? Its always only "Brain Drain" referring to students who are really seeking their first opportunity that anyone might give them anywhere. In other words, it is(was, decades ago at least) precisely the "wretched refuse (WR) from your shores" that countries like India "allowed" (forced) to go to the US etc (oh yeah, but only if these wretches wanted a chance to eat.). These are the ppl who became PIGS and then climbed up to get their heads above water and soared, at which point the Usual Quarters diss them as money-grubbing traitors etc.

Maybe the US should go back to the original theme. India has come a very long way in recent years since NDA-1 came to power, treating the "WR" with some respect, at least calling them PBs, PIOs and now OCIs rather than just "Brasht" as the cretins used to in the past. Opportunities inside India have zoomed. At least a small part of this (like maybe 90%) is attributable to contact with, if not direct initiatives of, the WR. Which makes one wonder....
No ji for me please.

You raise some good points. I believe your view point is colored with your past experiences which is fine as my view point is colored too by my experiences. However since I find them a bit negative, may I correct them:

1) H1b are not in any way lesser than students coming to desh. I have seen a WITCH company tech arch jump to a fortune 50 firm as a PTA almost immediately after arriving. This is just one example.

2) I myself came in such a manner. Now work with a team of 10 east european/russians with only 1 american engineer and 1 Indian ( myself ). Not boasting anything but I do not enjoy the commentary against H1b's :D .

3) I did try and study master's degree part time. Guess which nationality and group forms most of the class. Yes, Indians on H1b and/or Indians pursuing remotely from Bangalore.

4) If "Opportunities" have increased so has "Competition".

I do not find an improvement in attitude towards PIO, OCI or H1b living in US. It takes me longer and have to pass through more hoops to get a document from the local Indian embassy than to get an H1B approval even in current times. Last time I had to pay two "Cashier cheques" of $3 each as contribution to local Indian welfare fund. I am Ok with paying though I never get invited to any welfare activity nor have I heard of one. But a $3 cheque costs $10 bank fees each plus time off work. Why couldn't they include it in the fees for the document itself or provide more convenient options. Simple answer they don't care about our convenience, simply a cash dispensing machine.
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

ManSingh wrote:
VenkataS wrote:Indians in USA, those who do not yet have their green cards are looking at a decades long wait in the green card backlog. This affects all Indian applicants in the US including those working for big companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon etc and not just those working for desi IT companies. Any India born applicant who has applied after 2010 in EB2/Eb3 category will not get their green cards for another 10 years at least. Infact new India born applicants in the EB2 category are looking at a potential wait time of 70 years before they get their green card. Most would die before they get their green cards and many are dying every month leaving their widows/spouses having to grieve and also uproot their families and self deport themselves.

Indian software engineer in Green Card backlog dies suddenly, leaving pregnant wife out of status
https://www.americanbazaaronline.com/20 ... us-439189/

This situation is because of per country limits in employment green cards.

One of the reasons that this bill hasn't progressed on the Senate floor is a lack of empathy for the situation of Indian immigrants even from Indian Americans let alone people like Democrat RO Khanna who goes ahead and joins Pakistani caucus.
Off topic but the real reason this hasn't progressed is a lack of negotiation skill, tactics on the part of the representative organization "Immigration Voice" and their lawyer. They essentially turned bipartisan support into a republican vs democrat thing.
S.386 was never going to pass as is because it basically ensures all EB green cards go to one industry, one country for the next 15 years. Not that it is a bad thing but the impact on other industries would have been huge. No oil industry engrs from BP, no baseball players, no insurance executives from Europe etc.

The impact would have been huge. It requires dealing with tact and not going in with all or nothing. Besides there are holds from both sides. Durbin is the only public hold and for some reason IV wants Indians to believe that Durbin is the oly hold out.
Mansingh - Thanks for your reply. I would like to counter some of your points since you raised them. So what you are saying that it is OK for Indians to suffer and not have green cards for several decades but it is not OK for the following persons to be on H1B and have to wait for a green card for between 5-10 years "oil industry engrs from BP, no baseball players, no insurance executives from Europe etc."
Why would these Industries suffer, they would be employing H1Bs who would be in a green card backlog queue which would serve individuals on a first come first served basis without discriminating on the place of their birth.
Are you saying that big IT companies including companies like Facebook, Amazon etc are suffering because they have huge number of Indians on H1B in the green card backlog. No they are not, in fact it is very advantageous for them to have these employees as they are indentured labor for them who most likely will not switch companies because of fear of losing their line in the green card backlog.
There is a 3 year transition period for the bill where a certain percentage of EB2 and EB3 green cards are reserved for Individuals who are not from the two highest backlogged countries. This can be negotiated to 6 years for example. But what Durbin is asking for is an increase in the number of green cards which will be a poison pill for the bill.
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

VenkataS wrote:
ManSingh wrote:

Mansingh - Thanks for your reply. I would like to counter some of your points since your raised them. So what you are saying that it is OK for Indians to suffer and not have green cards for several decades but it is not OK for the following persons to be on H1B and have to wait for a green card for between 5-10 years "oil industry engrs from BP, no baseball players, no insurance executives from Europe etc."
Why would these Industries suffer, they would be employing H1Bs who would be in a green card backlog queue which would serve individuals on a first come first served basis without discriminating on the place of their birth.
Are you saying that big IT companies including companies like Facebook, Amazon etc are suffering because they have huge number of Indians on H1B in the green card backlog. No they are not, in fact it is very advantageous for them to have these employees as they are indentured labor for them who most likely will not switch companies because of fear of losing their line in the green card backlog.
I kind of expected this response.

Firstly I speak as a friend. Not everyone who opposes s.386 is a hater. Let's get that out of the way first.

Its absolutely not OK for anyone to have to go through the wait.I believe I485 is an unnecessary roadblock. The market has already been tested during PERM and canidate eligibility during I140. I485 serves no purpose other than maintain a racial mix.

1) H1b-> GC route is used by mostly software industry( used to be mainly Indian consultancy firms) plus students coming to study STEM in usa.

2) This route is not used by other industries. In fact many industries are ineligible for H1b as h1b only applies to STEM. Even MBA grads have a history of having h1b rejected as not eligible.
The other industries simply apply for PERM and wait for GC to come through.

3) Every year an equivalent of what would be 50000 I485 applications are added by Indians every year. Removing country caps means number of immigrant visa's available to Indians would increase from 3k to 20K. So the backlog will never be cleared. In fact it will ensure that H1b to GC is the only route available disqualifying everyone else forever.

4) The EB2 backlog currently for India is estimates to be 500K plus. Divide by 20K and the number or years to clear current backlog is in excess of 20 years.

The math simply does not work with the country cap removal except for PD 2010-2013 maybe. Someone with my PD waits 25 years. So does it reduce wait times. Yes from 80 years to 25 which is a drastic improvement. But is it really going to help me?

I wish I had a better answer. I don't want to depress anyone but sometimes it is best to look out for oneself and maybe consider alternatives.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ManSingh, I am not at all negative about H1B people going to US or equivalents all over the world. They are an absolutely unique aspect of cultural history: a wave of "invaders" who, far from invading violently, go as traders, but live and work under the laws and with the society of the "invaded" country, to the benefit of all. Millions of Ambassadors.

But my point is that they are the spearhead of Indian Skills, and losing them as Permanent Residents and then citizens of another nation is a REAL drain, of people already educated and trained in the Indian system.

So India should (IMO of course, and heading to caves now..) if anything, worry first about pressing Yoo Ess etc to streamline opportunities for the PIGS, instead of keeping on trying to have a deluge of Skilled Forces "defecting".

Point is that India never gave opportunity to the PIGS: just treated them as Wretched Refuse. The H1Bs are representatives of Indian Corporations. They have a home and something to hold on to.

******* Grudge... one of hajaar-hajaar.. :twisted: *****

I tried to go get a Loan from the State Bank of India under their just-announced Loan Scheme For Good Students to Go Abroad and Pursue Higher Studies. Went there happily with my Cee Pee Ay (now Americanized to Jee Pee Ay) and My Good Character references and my Offer Letters. Scumbags demanded that my parents mortgage the ancestral hut to give me the money for the airfare!!!!!! (around 6000 Rupees in those dins). What if the plane had crashed?

I showed the middle ungli (well... figuratively). Siblings loaned me their entire paycheques. Of course it was a good investment all round: desh got rid of me, IQ of India and Mongolia went up simultaneously, etc, and I did pay them back.

Yes, my attitude is sure "colored".
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

ManSingh wrote:
I kind of expected this response.

Firstly I speak as a friend. Not everyone who opposes s.386 is a hater. Let's get that out of the way first.

Its absolutely not OK for anyone to have to go through the wait.I believe I485 is an unnecessary roadblock. The market has already been tested during PERM and canidate eligibility during I140. I485 serves no purpose other than maintain a racial mix.

1) H1b-> GC route is used by mostly software industry( used to be mainly Indian consultancy firms) plus students coming to study STEM in usa.
I did not presume you were a hater and did not imply that you were one either. Right now the current system is unfair and discriminates Indians on the basis of their birth when a potential employer does not and need not look at a persons place of birth.

Right now it is only Indians who are fighting for legal high skilled immigration reform. Everybody else is OK with the status quo. This will change if this bill passes. If this bill passes everybody would be in the same boat, as a result it will not be a case of Indians versus the rest of the world immigrants. In the current political climate, no bill which increases the number of green cards has a chance of passing if Indians alone are the affected group. The only chance for an improvement is if this bill passes and rest of the world applicants experience the pain of having to be in the green card backlog and work in unison to fix legal high skilled immigration.

Plus wait times reduction from 70 years to 25 years is an improvement right. Also I do not think it is 25 years if you are already have a PD, there are 80000 visas in EB2 and EB3. If the current backlog is 500000 then would it not mean that it will be cleared at the most in 10 years for folks already in the backlog if not fewer.
Last edited by VenkataS on 09 Nov 2019 01:05, edited 2 times in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

VenkataS wrote:Vayutuvan - Does it not open while you are logged in to your Twitter account.
That account has some privacy setting. I cannot seethe tweets unless I follow the account. When I clicked follow, it shows "Pending". Owner has to let me follow, I guess. Maybe she got threats and $h17 from Durbiners/Donkeystanis/Islamists.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by Peregrine »

India, China good example of difference between threat posed by free vs unfree govts: Nikki Haley – PTI

HIGHLIGHTS

- Former US ambassador to the UN Haley, in her latest book “With All Due Respect”, said that in contrast of the US' growing partnership with India, the greatest foreign threat America faces today isChina

- China is working strategically to spread its financial and military presence across the globe and not in a good way. China steals intellectual property. It helps North Korea cheat on sanctions,” Haley said

WASHINGTON: India and China, the two largest and fastest growing economies of the world, are a good example of the difference between the threat posed by free versus unfree governments, according to a new book by Indian-American Nikki Haley that hit the stores on Tuesday.

Former US ambassador to the UN Haley, in her latest book “With All Due Respect” , said that in contrast of the US' growing partnership with India, the greatest foreign threat America faces today is China.

"China is working strategically to spread its financial and military presence across the globe-and not in a good way. China steals intellectual property. It helps North Korea cheat on sanctions,” Haley said.

“The Chinese manipulate their currency in ways that poison our trade relationship,” she said, adding that they are enlarging their military at a rapid pace.

“A good example of the difference between the threat posed by free versus unfree governments is two of the largest- and fastest- growing economies in the world: India and China,” Haley wrote in the book.

In her book, that is being promoted by US President Donald Trump on Twitter, the two-term Governor of South Carolina said that in addition to being a bad economic actor and a strategic threat, the Chinese government is one of the greatest human rights abusers in the world, she alleged.

In their own country, it has created “re-education” camps against an ethnic and religious minority, and an Orwellian surveillance state to protect Communist Party control over its people," she said.

“It was high time to take a more aggressive approach to US trade with China,” she said.

Haley said that the US is committed to seeing that Iran never gets a nuclear weapon, because it would be catastrophic for the world.

“Meanwhile, India is a nuclear power and nobody gives it a second thought. Why? Because India is a democracy and threatens no one,” wrote Haley, whose Sikh parents moved to the US in 1969.

“The United States has a partnership with India that is strong and getting stronger. Our partnership is strategic. Both countries have been the victims of terrorism. We share a commitment to defeating terrorists and the hateful ideology that motivates them,” she said.

“We share a commitment to stopping Afghanistan and Pakistan from giving safe harbour to terrorists, like they did before September 11, 2001. Most important, our partnership is based on shared principles,” the top Republican politician wrote.

She said that India and the US share a belief in democracy, hard work, family, and achievement. Indian Americans have been very successful in the US.

"We are the minority group that is the most educated, has the highest per-capita income, and, most important, is one of the most charitable in America,” she said.

“There are a number of reasons for Indian Americans' success in the United States. But mostly, we're just good at being Americans. And that says as much about America as it does about us,” Haley wrote.

Noting that she is not a fan of tariffs, as it raises prices for consumers, farmers, and businesses, Haley said she is grateful that Trump has taken on China over its trade practices.

“And I couldn't agree more with his bottom line: We don't want temporary measures from China. We want systematic, verifiable changes in the way it treats American companies and American imports. Even in China, the limited free-market reforms the government has allowed have had near miraculous results,” she wrote.

“In 1990, almost 756 million Chinese were living in extreme poverty. By 2015, that number had shrunk to less than 10 million. That is amazing progress, thanks to their embrace of economic freedom. But it is progress that China cannot sustain as long as it continues to micro-manage its economy and deny political freedom to its people,” she said.

The massive protests in Hong Kong in 2019 held an important message for the Chinese regime: Freedom is the yearning of every human heart. Even higher incomes and more consumer goods can't diminish it forever. China is a powerful country, but it is also an unstable one because of the way its government treats its people, Haley wrote.

Cheers Image
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

X-Post
Rudradev wrote:Meanwhile, and of FAR greater concern to Yindoos...

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/1 ... dom-069595

Trump weighs conditioning foreign aid on religious freedom

The proposed change in U.S. policy could complicate relations with countries like Egypt and India.

It was obvious from the moment Trump chose Mike Pence as his VP running mate that this would happen eventually.

Trump is very anxious about losing votes from among the core support base who backed him in 2016. Christian Evangelicals are a massive component of this. The fact that Trump-backed Republican Governor Matt Bevin lost his re-election bid in Kentucky... a Bible Belt state with a vast Evanjehadi constituency... seems to have panicked him. Pence and the EJ gang have come up with the remedy to win them back... beat up on the Heathens, using USCIRF as a stick.
Aides to President Donald Trump are drafting plans to condition U.S. aid to other countries on how well they treat their religious minorities, two White House officials said.

The proposal is expected to cover U.S. humanitarian and development assistance and could be broadened to include American military aid to other countries. If the proposal becomes reality, it could have a major effect on U.S. assistance in a range of countries, from Iraq to Vietnam. Its mere consideration shows how much the White House prioritizes religious freedom, an emphasis critics say is really about galvanizing Trump’s evangelical Christian base.

Let's remember that, however much it may have had the support of some Democrats, the use of USCIRF "Religious Freedom" reports to bully other nations into allowing free rein for Christian Missionary activity has always been, primarily, a Republican-driven process. USCIRF was constituted under the G W Bush Regime. During the Bush regime, the USCIRF had Christian, Jewish, Muslim but NO Dharmic representatives at all... and the ONLY foreign leader whom they ever banned from receiving a US visa was Narendra Modi (so much for "religious freedom").

Two White House officials confirmed the basics of the religious freedom aid-conditioning plan. They stressed that the idea is in its early stages and an executive order is still being drafted, meaning questions about whether military aid will be covered remain unanswered.

One said imposing sanctions is being weighed as a method of punishment, too.

As they try to push that vision forward, administration aides are considering using the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom’s :roll: lists of offending countries as their guide for deciding which countries should have their aid withheld or face sanctions, the White House officials said.

The commission's regular reports rank countries in tiers. Its lists can differ from countries of concern separately designated by the secretary of State, and they often are longer. Among its Tier 1 countries — considered the worst offenders — are U.S. partners such as Saudi Arabia and adversaries such as Iran.

Representatives from the National Security Council, the Domestic Policy Council, the State Department and Vice President Mike Pence’s office have been meeting to discuss the executive order, which Trump has not yet seen, the White House officials said.

Pence’s role could prove a flashpoint.

He’s a deeply conservative Christian and a key liaison to evangelical Trump backers. And while his message is generally couched in terms of the need for all people to have religious freedom — he has criticized China’s mistreatment of Uighur Muslims, for instance — critics say he emphasizes Christians. Pence also is facing scrutiny for his role in directing U.S. aid to favored Christian groups abroad.

Asked for comment, his press secretary, Katie Waldman, said, “The vice president is always proud to support religious freedom both here at home and abroad.”

One evangelical leader close to Trump hailed the idea as something that’s been needed “for a long time.”

He said that, depending on how strictly the administration interprets the idea of “religious freedom,” it is likely to hit national security concerns about protecting certain allies. Egypt and India, for example, arguably have religious freedom issues, he noted, but both receive U.S. aid.

Egypt, where the Christian minority has long complained of discrimination from majority Muslims, receives roughly $1.4 billion in U.S. assistance a year, most of it for security purposes. India, where tensions between Muslims and Hindus are on the rise, has received tens of millions in U.S. aid in recent years, government data shows.

The religious freedom commission categorizes both as Tier 2 countries. :roll:

On a macro level, the Trump administration is generally hostile to foreign aid, having proposed multiple times to slash it significantly. Congress has prevented such cuts. No comfort to us... the Democratic-controlled US Congress has amply demonstrated its hostility towards India with the Kashmir kangaroo-court hearings. The will have no problem with using USCIRF as a means to advance their pro-Islamist agenda while Republicans use it to pressure India on FCRA and anti-conversion measures that limit Evanjehadi activity. We are scr3wed both ways.

The linking of aid to religious freedom would not be a surprising move by Trump given his administration’s intense focus on the issue.

During the U.N. General Assembly in September, Trump announced a $25 million commitment to support religious freedom.

Weeks earlier, his administration launched the International Religious Freedom Alliance, a vehicle that brings together countries to promote the cause. The administration also has held two major gatherings of foreign ministers focused on promoting religious freedom.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:X-Post
Rudradev wrote:Meanwhile, and of FAR greater concern to Yindoos...
No comfort to us... the Democratic-controlled US Congress has amply demonstrated its hostility towards India with the Kashmir kangaroo-court hearings. The will have no problem with using USCIRF as a means to advance their pro-Islamist agenda while Republicans use it to pressure India on FCRA and anti-conversion measures that limit Evanjehadi activity. We are scr3wed both ways.
This is something India has to monitor on activities of USCIRF, USAID, EJ-fronts, etc. Possible resurrection of aggressive money flows for conversions (Hindu-Chrisitan issue) while making propaganda noises on Kashmir (Hindu-Muslim issue)

In AP with new power, YCP-EJ and EJ leaders are all activated and aggressively promoting religion and conversions and setting targets for next Christmas (probably 2020) to reach with Suvartha Sabhas (Good News Stage Programs) with urgency for evangelism (there are some videos floating on it). YCP is actively robbing/emptying government money to give freebies to its vote banks, Govt salaries to pastors, and Govt salaries to party workers and using Government centers to promote religion. Maybe FCRA restrictions are limiting cash flows from EJ lands so they found alternatives of giving Government money directly.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The Cashmore hearing will have the India-baiters and Islamists. Jaypal is an idiot and her minions should not be given a visa to enter India.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Shanmukh @maidros78

I spent a long time over this weekend listening to the entire US Congressional testimony over Kashmir. Some things were eye opening.
1) Anyone who plays the US-India bhai bhai song is an out and out liar. The line taken by the US Congress was purely Islamist.

9:39 PM - 11 Nov 2019

follow the thread here

https://twitter.com/maidros78/status/11 ... 3903026176
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Same posts in 2 threads. I am conphyooooojed!
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

X-Post
Rudradev wrote:
disha wrote:
Rudradev'ji, let me tell a parable.

There were stray pigs around my house and one of the days the municipality decides to get rid of the pigs and goes after chasing and collecting them. Pigs being pigs, they end up in my yard and in all the skirmishes between the municipal and the pigs, my entrance gets damaged. Done.

USCIRF note on religious freedom and withholding financial and weapons aid will hurt countries like Turkey more.

The damage to India will be like a skirmish between the municipal and the pigs.

Point is simple, with radical islamic terrorism, we will not be even able to live to the day where we can morally fight against EJ'ism. Hence getting rid of radical islamic terrorism must be the primary goal. And in that, even the EJists will help, since they also face the same mortal threat from radical islamic terrorism.

Hence the conditioning of foreign aid must be looked from that angle.
I completely disagree.

Also, please note it isn't "foreign aid" that is the problem... bhhaad mein jaaye American foreign aid, as far as India is concerned.

It is the very strong likelihood, being advocated by Pro-Trump EJs as well as White House Officials, of this "Religious Freedom" executive order being expanded to cover both (1) "Military Assistance".... now that we're actually buying defense-related stuff from America and (2) Deployment of Sanctions.

But more to the point:

The EJs are a far greater threat to India and Hindu civilization than any Radical Islamists. We are already seeing to the Radical Islamists. Nothing, repeat Nothing, that the Dhimmicrats do can in any way stop us from dealing with the Radical Islamists as we must and as we choose to.

The chief obstacles to India dealing with Radical Islamists are and have always been internal to India--- the local Jihad-pasand Muslims of course (including all layers of Shiv's Oil Drop), but very importantly the Congis and Left and their ecosystem. The second biggest problem... and after Balakot etc. it's a very distant second... was Pakistan.

The US was annoying at best when they had "human rights hearings" on Kashmir but they were never, ever, able to substantively affect how India dealt with Radical Islam. Not in 1971 when a (Republican) President sent a CBG into the Bay of Bengal to threaten us on behalf of Radical Islamists... and certainly not today.

Our main takleef with the Ilhan Omars, Pramila Jayapals, Ro Khannas of the world is, let's face it, a perfectly justifiable moral indignation (that these scumbags who talk of "social justice" and "peace/harmony" act as complete mouthpieces, via CAIR, for Islamic supremacist Hinduphobic propaganda). But what could they ever really do? "Jalaao" us with opeds in WaPo and NYT? Who cares... even the average Joe Democratic voter who reads those rags has hardly any infinitesimal amount of attention to give to Indian Subcontinent Hindu-Muslim Affairs. Only we get jalaaoed... for the vast majority of Dems and Lefties in the US, it's in one ear and out the other.

Compare this with just one instance of what USCIRF did under the Republican George W Bush administration. The Modi Visa Denial was predicated on the "2002 Riots" calumny... but that was only for public consumption. The real reason USCIRF wanted to shut down Modi was entirely Christian-inspired, and two fold. It was based on RSS' successful countermeasures against rampant EJ activity in the Dangs of Gujarat, and on the international EJ nexus that sought to install Sonia Gandhi as India's leader at any cost, which (correctly) saw Modi as the chief potential threat to INC-mediated Christian domination of India in perpetuity.

What the EJs are capable of, through economic and other types of leverage, the Radical Islamists themselves could never hope to achieve (let alone the Dhimmicrat supporters of Radical Islamists).

By the way, the very fact that USCIRF EJs used the Godhra-Ahmedabad violence to slander Hindus exclusively, effectively obscuring the fact that jihadis burned a train car full of 59 Hindu women and children, shows how wrong your perception is that the "EJs will help us". They know that they, too, can handle the Islamists eventually. But they will not hesitate for one second to use Islamists as a tool to undermine and destroy Hindu civilization. They have been doing exactly that for decades.

EJists have the measure of Islam very well. They fought them in the reconquista, crusades, colonial era, world wars, cold war... and for the most part they dominated Muslim civilization completely. Big picture, even a 9/11 (of which the Islamists haven't been able to repeat even one more comparable instance) matters little. The Christian West knows that it can assert its prerogatives over Islam any time... they do not pose any "mortal threat" which the Christian West isn't perfectly capable of handling.

We are a much bigger civilizational challenge... impossible to fathom, difficult to pin down, rapidly rebuilding our national power, and increasingly asserting our independence at a level that Western Christian supremacists find very alarming.

Hence what we hve is a choice between the annoying, barking pomeranians of the Democratic Party and the quiet, but highly poisonous snakes of the Republican party.
Rudradev wrote:Let me add one more thing.

The scr3wing of India by US-based EJs is not Republican or Democrat but Bipartisan.

People need to look hard at why Bill Clinton all those years ago spent so much time cultivating CBN. Why similar types of outreach have been conducted in TN as well.

Clintons, Bushes, Obama, Trump... makes no difference.

Remember that when the US wants to annoy/needle India, they will do it by raking up Islamic "human rights" BS.

But when the US wants to subvert India and catastrophically undermine her Hindu heritage, they always play the long game: a far more dangerous game masterminded by the EJs.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/RamdasSunder/status ... 1682032640
Ramdas Sunder @RamdasSunder

Jayapal was an HR activist long before she went to Congress. Her vote bank is not “Muslims” but progressives in Seattle. Her attitude towards India-Kashmir reflects that bias.

Her being Indian is incidental. And there’s no hope of toppling her - her district is ultra-liberal.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For US brfites: worth watching and sharing this video. Please take a look.
>> "'Where were the advocates of human rights when my rights were taken away?"
https://www.facebook.com/BJP4India/vide ... 1MTg3NjY1/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WTF :mrgreen:

US emerges as safe soil for Khalistan forces

US emerges as safe soil for Khalistan forces

Abhinandan Mishra
November 16, 2019,

On 10 September, as part of the ISI’s renewed focus to internationalise ‘Kashmir-Khalistan’, a company—Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front—was registered in Washington.

Questions are being raised in Indian intelligence circles why the US is ignoring anti-India activities.

New Delhi: A pro-Khalistan group that is funded by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) is running a massive anti-India social media campaign while operating from the heart of the United States of America.

On 10 September, as part of the ISI’s renewed focus to internationalise “Kashmir-Khalistan”, a company—Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front (KKRF)—was registered in Washington. The address of the company is ‘910, 17th street, N.W suite, Washington and the directors of the said company are Ghazala Khan, Gurpatwant Singh Pannun and Muhammad Yunus.

While not much is known about Ghazala Khan and Muhammad Yunus at this stage, Pannun was, and probably still is, associated with another US-based pro Khalistan group, “Sikhs for Justice (SFJ)”, which was in news for pushing “Sikh Referendum 2020’. The group has ignored any mention of the genocide of Sikhs in Punjab during 1946-48 and the steady fall in the number and influence of the Sikhs remaining in Pakistan. Their office-bearers are in frequent contact with Pakistani diplomats in New York, Chicago and Washington.

The Sunday Guardian has found that the KKRF is also running a massive social media campaign to instigate people in the name of “Greater Khalistan” for which it is operating a website, a Twitter profile, a Facebook page and an Instagram profile in the same name.

The said website was made operational in October, while the Facebook page became operational in July 2019.

Pannun, who was encouraged by the ISI to present himself as a “human-rights” lawyer to gain legitimacy in the western world, “runs” a law firm that claims to have two separate offices in California and New York. One of the registered office address of his law firm—75-20 Astoria Blvd Suite 170 Jackson Heights, New York—is also given on “yes2khalistanorg”, which, as then name suggests, is another prominent pro-Khalistan website that was registered in July 2010, but updated on 25 September 2019.

Pannun’s Twitter account was blocked in June 2019 after he was found to be using the said platform to instigate Sikh youths to take up arms for a separate Khalistan. Earlier, on 13 November 2015, the United States District Court of the Northern District of California had dismissed a case filed by Panun’s Sikhs for Justice’s (SFJ) against Facebook for allegedly blocking the group’s page from users in India.

With pro-Khalistan forces being allowed to run their anti-India campaign from US soil without any hindrance, questions are being raised in the Indian intelligence circles as to why the US government under President Donald Trump is ignoring such anti-India activities. “Why it is ignoring the glorification of terrorists and the incitement to violence in parts of India? Imagine such a secessionist anti-US agenda running from Indian soil—would the US government accept it?” a senior official in the Ministry of Home Affairs asked.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

UlanBatori wrote:Same posts in 2 threads. I am conphyooooojed!
Sorry saar, no bad intentions.

Sometimes the topic is relevant to two threads.

Like it has a political relevance as well as a terroristan jehadi content.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/setholdmixon/status ... 6021425153
Seth Oldmixon @setholdmixon

Three American lawmakers have asked the US State Department to investigate possible terror financing links between two prominent American Muslim organisations and terrorist groups like Lashkar-a-Taiba and Hizbul Mujahideen.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

While everyone is looking north-northwest, the real problem is a bit more south:"United States of South India"
Recently got a briefing on this. :eek: :eek: The article seems innocuous, the name is bogus as in certainly not Hindu. The threat is massive: it is from the Conversionists -not disagreeable to the Catholic Church, and certainly including the ISI-S. Web search yielded very little beyond this 2016 farticle which means they have seriously gone underground.

So we are back to KKK: Kashmir-Kerala-Khalistan.
Maybe needs a whole thread, but let's see...
A measly fifth of the population sponsors India's tax revenues to the tune of a third of the total, and in return, the five Deccan states get a paltry 18% of funds allocated back from the centre. ..The state allocations speak to the quantum of skew. While Tamil Nadu gets about 40 paise for every rupee it generates for the centre, Uttar Pradesh fattens itself on Rs 1.8 per rupee it generates. It should be remembered that Uttar Pradesh had a distinct economic and social advantage over the southern states coming out of British rule, which it has simply squandered away through mis-governance and profligacy. The South, in turn, for prioritising education, health, economy and social reform, as governments should, receives the proverbial slap. In putting India ahead of narrow regional interests and generating extraordinary tax revenues to fund Delhi, UP, Bihar, MP and the overpopulated, under-educated, under-delivering, and over-pandered Hindi belt, the south carries a heavy cross year after year. For this achievement, the south gets a fiscal allocation downside, as vote-bank electioneering of the north overrides federalist policies.

Moral? The lower the per capita income and higher the population, the greater the reward. In other words, a Dakshin Bharat Cess.

Below is the Fourteenth Finance Commission's own admission of percent of states' GDP transferred by centre, with a 2-5x tilt towards UP or Bihar or MP.Adding salt to the economic injury, the South gets a step-motherly treatment culturally as well. Funds for the preservation and nurturing of its unique identity and autonomy are negligible to non-existent. The propagation of Hindi, for example, just one of the official languages of India, gets thirty times the amount allocated for all other languages combined!

What is taken from the South and what is returned for its development reeks of bias. What then is the solution when democratically rendered justifications, pleas, complaints, negotiations and bargains have failed to strike a chord for decades?

Secession? No. The Indian nation is sacrosanct and India only wins when all Indians have a decent life, education, health care, jobs and social dignity. All means all. Women. Dalits. Muslims. South and North. East and West. We must allocate resources equitably for the development and progress of one and all including and especially the weakest of us. We must march ahead, but hand in hand with the most ravaged, forsaken members of our society. As a fraternity.

That said, the asymmetry thus far is unreasonable and disproportionate, not only in rewarding incompetent governance and delivery failures, but doing so with an accompanying dose of prejudice, vested interests and parochial politics. To make matters worse, the “All roads lead to Delhi” model of uber-centralisation with blatant infringement into state subjects like education, and meddling with state functions like their administrative bureaucracy or land acquisition, makes it apparent that the centre abuses its powers, roles and resources. Such an overbearing presence not only hampers governance in states, it actually applies the brakes on progress.

The argument is thus in favour of strong regional governments, as the data overwhelmingly indicates that successive central governments have failed as trustees of the covenant of federalism. The centre must focus on national security, foreign affairs, genuine integration of states, especially Kashmir and the North-East, the provision and enabling of a common currency and market, some common laws and inter-state infrastructure. Leave governance and resources to the states.

To force this, no one southern state can ever have a voice that outshouts the collective Hindi chorus. To be passive though, is to acquiesce to centralism and imperialism over federalism and states' rights. That leads right to the doorstep of aggregation as a democratic instrument to combat majoritarianism.

What is needed is a formation, a collective, a union, whose consolidated voice speaks loud and clear for the South Indian states and forces a course correction. A union that stays whole regardless of the changes in political dispensation in individual states, whose goals and objectives remain long term and strategic regardless of short-term and local vagaries, whose mission is the development and progress of the economy, society and culture of South India, and in whom are vested southern interests, as a part and parcel of India.

The amplified bargaining power of the collective within the whole is the stake that the South must wager. The South must embark on a mimicking of a majority or at least a minority with decisive swing vote. Maharashtra would be wise to join in this endeavour, with nothing but an upside for its people, but a central affiliation of its government would foreclose this path.

This proposition might seem radical or far-fetched at first glance, but it is no novel concept. Indeed, it is not a constructed but a natural concept of southern regional identity, with a common language family and social linkages that span centuries, and widely-accepted notions of cultural oneness.

The EU or African Union have arrangements for trade, borders and markets but within India, southern combine must forge better economic and social protocols with the governments of the centre that overtly and unfairly favour their vested interests in populous states.

The reality today favours such a shift. The South has compelling economic and political clout to leverage, including a large number of Lok Sabha seats that will force the centre to dialogue. Where any one southern state has barely 30 Members of Parliament, the combine will muster a compelling 129 against 208 in the Hindi belt. Political diplomacy has enshrined a good degree of parliamentary representation for the south through constitutional amendment, and despite falling fertility rates, there is no reason the schedule for delimitation will not be postponed again.

The Southern collective must happen and extract its pound of flesh. Yes, it will take a mammoth effort of statesmanship, a steely resolve to the south Indian cause, and above all the pragmatism of politics from all five states to conceive and devise such a beast, but it is not beyond the pale. Unless there is an attempt to force the pendulum all the way to the other pole, it will not alight anywhere close to a balanced centre. After all, the redoubtable leaders have already given the nod.

“I feel more and more that we must function more from below than from the top... too much of centralization means decay at the roots and ultimately a withering of branches, leaves and flowers.” Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru

“We want to promote co-operative federalism in the country. At the same time, we want a competitive element among the states. I call this new form of federalism Co-operative and Competitive Federalism.” Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

If you want to comment on the story, go to our FB page here:

Note: The views expressed here are the personal opinions of the author.
But as I said, this is just the oh-so-reasonable face of a secessionist movement towards an anti-Hindu terrorist state
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

India, US to sign $7.5 billion defence deals for spy aircrafts, armed drones.

As military relations between India and the United States continue to grow, the Indian defence forces are inching closer towards the acquisition of American defence equipment worth more than $7.5 billion from the US, according to a report by news agency ANI.

The equipment includes Sea Guardian armed drones and naval spy planes, among others.

Two projects are going forward separately, with one of them being a tri-services project and the other is steered by the Indian Navy.

"All the three services are collating their requirement for the Sea Guardian armed drones which will give us a strong capability in terms of high altitude long endurance unmanned aerial vehicles and also enhance our capabilities to carry out surveillance," government sources told ANI.

The sources also said that the collation would take a few months' time as some of the requirements of the three services would be different from each other. A Letter of Request is likely to be issued to the US for the government-to-government deal by the February-March time frame, the source added.

Earlier, only the Navy seemed to be interested in the procurement but now all the three services are showing interest in the project, the sources said.

In June this year, the US government had approved the sale of armed drones to India and offered it to be equipped with required missiles and other systems.

Once the Letter of Request is sent to the US government for the deal, it would send the Letter of Acceptance that will mention the terms and conditions for the project.

Another key deal is the procurement of ten P-8I anti-submarine warfare and long-range surveillance planes, which would be adding to the existing fleet of 12 such aircrafts in the Indian Navy.

The expected cost of the P-8I planes is around US $3 billion. The acquisition would follow the same FMS path after it gets approved by the Cabinet Committee on Security.

Both countries are also in talks for the NASAMS air defence system for providing protection to the national capital region.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

All the three services are collating their requirement for the Sea Guardian armed drones
Earlier, only the Navy seemed to be interested in the procurement but now all the three services are showing interest in the project, the sources said.

WTF Sounds like dalal or geopolitical hafta based procurement deal. First decide to buy it then figure out how you can use it.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

abhik wrote:
All the three services are collating their requirement for the Sea Guardian armed drones

WTF Sounds like dalal or geopolitical hafta based procurement deal. First decide to buy it then figure out how you can use it.
Could be. But the need is definitely there for such surveillance assets -quite desperate actually with the PLAN making increasing headway into the IOR. P8s and Sea Guardians would be a huge help in this regard. Armed versions of the same might be useful in carrying out drone wars against certain neighbors in times to come. All in all, I welcome the procurement. Along with the sea hawk purchase.
Chinmay
BRFite

Post by Chinmay »

abhik wrote:
Skyguardian will go to the IAF/IA and Seaguardians will go the IN. Different versions of the same drone, with different ISR suites and possibly weapons.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vips/abhik, Look at this way:
1) Common platform reduces logistics demands for the three services.
2) Sea Guardian is a capable armed drone with long loiter profile.
3) This evens out the balance of payments in the US- India trade. Right now India has a balance of exports to US.
Better than Harley Davidson clunkers.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Correct given the US power and clout we would need to compensate them for not purchasing fighters. The world is not fair and we are way down the food chain. We need to placate the Superpower.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Got this in a WA forward, from the Rutger's HSC where they are trying to arrange an event with Vivek Agnihotri as speaker. I wish I could attend but still recovering from a major medical procedure. These kids need our support.

Namaste,
I am a 20 year old student at Rutgers University, and I am co-President of Rutgers Hindu Students Council - I need your help.
This Thursday, we are hosting Vivek Agnihotriji to convey the narrative of Kashmiri Pundits that has been silenced by the entire world, under the guidance of Hindu Students Council. For context, we host small things like trivia nights, sari workshops, etc to try to engage the new wave of Hindu students and help them learn our culture. Therefore, hosting a speaker like Vivek Agnihotriji does not fall in the caliber of events that we do, and as a bunch of teenagers/20 year olds, we are facing tremendous backlash, especially on Twitter. Entire organizations, movements, professors, clubs, and political parties are rallying against us. We, at Rutgers HSC, are scared about being on the receiving end of targeted hate crimes, and, in a broken system, we are disenchanted, disillusioned, and disgusted, because we know no one will help us. We are in a position where we admire our silencers - why? Because they fight unitedly for a cause, even though it is unethical, and they managed to raise firm support from their community. Meanwhile, the Hindu community throws us children/students on the front-lines of this battle, exchanging whatsapp messages saying "dharmo rakshati rakshitaha" and other messages of zero consequence, in the comfort of their beds. Most cannot be bothered to even share the event link; asking them to show up to the event in our support is a laughable notion.
Rutgers University is facing a lot of anti-Hindu pressure, from Professors like Trushke and others, as well as anonymous and hate-based orgs. The only way we have a chance is if community members who, frankly, give a damn, show up to this event. As a leader who cares personally about this cause and has more influence than Rutgers HSC, I am writing this to ask you, if there is anything you can do to bring supportive community members to our event by getting the message out. We are sick and tired of being used as a shield for adults who have failed not only in passing down their culture, but also protecting it. Thank you immensely for your time.

Here is the link for the invitation
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Aditya_V wrote:Correct given the US power and clout we would need to compensate them for not purchasing fighters. The world is not fair and we are way down the food chain. We need to placate the Superpower.

Uneven balance of trade is not good especially in an US election year.
Not good atmospherics....

Earlier we used to buy non-lethal transport aircraft.
Now at-least we are getting weapon systems.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Primus Get well.

Hope its not serious.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Primusji, if u can pass on to the wunderkinden:

1. In future try coordinating with adults BEFORE... leaping into adventures?

2. The best approach to dealing with bigots is EXPOSURE. If you get "pressure", PUBLISH IT WIDE. In fact, wherever possible use the noise (which attracts viewers) that the enemy creates to carry your message. Go on the offensive, do not hide.

3. Let the world see who is attacking you. If it is professors at Rutgers, PLEASE publish their names, the nature of the pressure with clear date, time and content.

Once "we" have facts, articles such as RUTGERS UNIVERSITY'S COMMUNISTS ATTACK HINDU-AMERICAN STUDENTS may come out.

4. Watch them run.
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

Primus wrote:Got this in a WA forward, from the Rutger's HSC where they are trying to arrange an event with Vivek Agnihotri as speaker. I wish I could attend but still recovering from a major medical procedure. These kids need our support.

Namaste,
I am a 20 year old student at Rutgers University, and I am co-President of Rutgers Hindu Students Council - I need your help.
This Thursday, we are hosting Vivek Agnihotriji to convey the narrative of Kashmiri Pundits that has been silenced by the entire world, under the guidance of Hindu Students Council. For context, we host small things like trivia nights, sari workshops, etc to try to engage the new wave of Hindu students and help them learn our culture. Therefore, hosting a speaker like Vivek Agnihotriji does not fall in the caliber of events that we do, and as a bunch of teenagers/20 year olds, we are facing tremendous backlash, especially on Twitter.

I forwarded it to a contact of mine. Hopefully there will be enough people showing up for their support.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

ramana wrote:Primus Get well.

Hope its not serious.
Thanks Ramana Garu, all is well now, recovery will take time though.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

and as a bunch of teenagers/20 year olds, we are facing tremendous backlash, especially on Twitter. Entire organizations, movements, professors, clubs, and political parties are rallying against us
(That's what's going in India for a while, like centuries but) In Amerikhan lands of free?!?!
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Dont miss the ( anti-Indian) comments

U.S. Needs More Skilled Immigrants From Two Countries
The average second-generation Indian- or Chinese-American who grew up on the edge of poverty will tend to reach the upper-middle class. That level of upward mobility is simply amazing. For Indian-Americans, the phenomenon is particularly surprising, since most Indian immigrants already speak English when they arrive, and hence have less of a handicap relative to their native-born kids.

Why do Indian and Chinese immigrants do so well? Some will no doubt attribute their outperformance to cultural values of education and hard work. In reality, it’s probably more about the type of immigrants who come from those countries. Indian and Chinese people tend to come to the U.S. not as refugees or unauthorized low-wage laborers, but as high-skilled workers or the close relatives of skilled workers. That means even poor Indian and Chinese immigrants tend to have prosperous friends and relatives, and to come from families that value education and ambition. And India and China have by far the biggest pools of population from which to select such driven and talented individuals.

This is especially true for India. Even in comparison with other high-achieving groups, Indian-Americans stand out in terms of education level and dominance in high-skilled occupations.

As a result, Indians are the highest-earning group by ancestry in the U.S., with a median household income of more than $110,000 in 2016 (the difference isn't due to larger households, since Indian-Americans also come out on top in terms of per capita income). But it’s not just scientific and technical fields in which Indian-Americans excel. They are increasingly a force in politics and law. A growing number of politicians, top political staffers and judges are of Indian descent. In business, too, Indians are rocketing to the top -- two of the U.S.’s five biggest companies, Alphabet Inc. and Microsoft Corp., have Indian-born chief executive officers. Though historical comparisons are hard, Indians seem on track to be the most accomplished minority group in U.S. history.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Rony wrote:Dont miss the ( anti-Indian) comments
Didn't really see any outright "anti-India" comments. Lots of lament about "jobs for Americans first", but none of "Hindu extremist", "cow piss" "caste system" drivel that one finds on NyT, WaPo etc. message boards.