2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by SRajesh »

DF says BJP will try and form the government!!!
There U go
'Modaks' are being readied for the 'Mooshaks' to jump the ship!!! :rotfl:
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

NCP has hanged SS dry. They purposely sent the letter to guv today and immediately BJP imposed pres rule, like super coordinated plan!
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://www.dailypioneer.com/2019/top-s ... -raut.html
Former Mumbai BJP chief Shelar also met the Sena's Rajya Sabha member and later said, " :lol: :lol: :lol: Doctors have advised Raut to speak less. I met him out of courtesy. It is Maharashtra's culture, we meet unwell people irrespective of political differences."
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rupesh wrote:Looks like the Shiv Sena has read everything wrong. They lack of behind-the-curtains planning and overconfidence did the the party in. Congress cannot afford to support SS, they will loose muslim votes to Owaisi.
and pappu's kerala vote bank :mrgreen:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rasheed Kidwai on India Today TV: "CON is going through the motion of forming the government"

Meaning CON is not really wanting to form the government! They are just going along just to satisfy the newly elected MLAs on CON ticket i.e. to show that they tried. :shock:

If this is true, what will happen to SS lofty expectation. :rotfl:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

pankajs wrote:Just a while back, turdesai made an interesting observation on India Today live.

When the NCP has time till 8:30 pm why did it shoot the letter to the Gov. so early? Did Pawar calculate that it would allow the central cabinet to decide on the matter immediately!
Nidhi Razdan was tweeting the same thing. Pawar is a fellow who should be trusted by no one, especially his allies. Congis know his character very well and are always careful. Uddhav on the other hand is an idiot and Pawar is going to have him wrapped around his finger. He didn't deserve to have honest allies like the BJP. He will only realize their worth once Pawar is done destroying him.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, any ground reports on how the rank and file SS cadre on the ground feel? Do they see a betrayal?

I saw UT's latest press conf and it was so pathetic. He started this whole BJP back stabbing drama because he wanted CM chair for his family. And he thought a quick ticket to that would be to dump BJP after 30+ years of alliance, throw al principles to the wind, and ally with his very nemesis. And his hopes were dashed in a heartbeat.

And now in his latest press conf, he said they will patiently discuss govt formation and all options with NCP Cong. How pathetic. Could he not have toned down his expectations a bit, and negotiated an honorable exit from his high horse with his natural ally the BJP?

If the SS cadres are really happy and willing to go along with this charade, they deserve their fate.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

CRamS wrote: And now in his latest press conf, he said they will patiently discuss govt formation and all options with NCP Cong. How pathetic. Could he not have toned down his expectations a bit, and negotiated an honorable exit from his high horse with his natural ally the BJP?
The "natural ally" part is not so true anymore. SS has already milked Hindutva for whatever it was worth to them. Just like they milked anti-North Indian sentiment earlier. They discarded that when it couldn't get them votes anymore. And they will junk Hindutva too now because BJP has captured that space. What exactly does the SS have to offer to the voters? If they care about development BJP can do it better. Same with Hindutva. Plus you do not get a dynasty with BJP unlike SS. The Maratha votebank is with NCP and Cong. Same with Muslims. So what has the SS got left? The cadres knew this and were already unhappy with the alliance since they had seen their seat share remain stagnant or fall while BJP's grew. I think they have been ready for this split for a while now.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this was aired by runditv and it would not have done so without the specific authorization of the mafia queen.

UT has been played like a stringed instrument

Follow the link below to see the video

Won't Go With "Scoundrel": When Bal Thackeray Rejected Alliance With NCP

MUMBAI: 12 Nov 2019

HIGHLIGHTS

Bal Thackeray had said he would "never" align with Sharad Pawar's NCP
"I will not go along with a scoundrel, whoever he may be," he had said
The two had worked together during the 1982 textile workers' strike
As Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray desperately reached out to Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Nationalist Congress Party leader Sharad Pawar for support to form government in Maharashtra, videos and quotes of his father Bal Thackeray's caustic attacks on both parties were circulated online.
In an interview to NDTV in 1999, Bal Thackeray had used the term "scoundrel" while rejecting the possibility of any alliance with Sharad Pawar.

The Shiv Sena founder had been asked about the possibility of an alliance with his bitter rival.

"Possibility in politics...what? If at all it is said that it is a game of scoundrels, it is for a man to decide whether he wants to remain a gentleman or a scoundrel. If anybody's trying to become a scoundrel, then? But I will not go along with a scoundrel, whoever he may be," Thackeray senior said.

Mr Thackeray also declared that he would "never" align with Sharad Pawar's NCP.

"The man responsible for toppling the (BJP's) Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government, how can we afford to shake hands with him? I will never at least. I will never."

"Sharad Pawar was the one who openly said to the press - 'yes, my responsibility was to topple the government. That I have done'. He's an expert in that. Knowing full well that he is the man (responsible) for the damage...think of the people, the voters. Will they tolerate it? They will say you are cheating us," said Bal Thackeray.

Despite the bitter comments, Mr Thackeray and Mr Pawar were close at one point, during the 1980s. They worked together during the 1982 textile workers' strike. The two fell out after Shiv Sena's Chhagan Bhujbal launched a campaign accusing Mr Pawar publicly of a corruption scam.

In 1995, Mr Thackeray's party defeated Sharad Pawar, then chief minister of a Congress government.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

IMHO, SS did the biggest harakiri in recent few years. It only beats what congress did in Goa. While their base was dwindling on the seats given to them by BJP, they would have been helped by BJP votes. But this episode would make supporters think what and who is it they are voting for. They can still salvage the situation by focusing on ram mandir construction and some work for mathura and kashi and focussing on development. Else they will loose badly in next election. The situation different from the times they fought alone is that, everyone thought its a temporary family feud. But this time it is for all to see that SS has joined hands with NCP/Con. It's against everything the party stood for earlier.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Kashi wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:Is Greater Mumbai Great enough to become a UT I wonder.. just wondering of course.
No party will dare do that.
IIRC even for article 370 people voiced such opinion. Nothing is impossible to do if Modi/Shah set their minds to it.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

pankajs wrote:Just a while back, turdesai made an interesting observation on India Today live.

When the NCP has time till 8:30 pm why did it shoot the letter to the Gov. so early? Did Pawar calculate that it would allow the central cabinet to decide on the matter immediately!

To which, its National Affairs editor sadi something to the effect that it all seems to be coordinated! :rotfl: He further went on to say that the trio of Pawar, Shah and Modi seem to read each other pretty well without the need to speak.

Iz there a "pre-poll" understanding between Modi and Pawar? Perhaps on how to screw both CON and SS together. All speculation of course. :wink:
Pawar seems to have worked out an understanding with Amit Shah to have the ED/CBI go slow on him and Ajit Pawar in lieu of him playing the double game and screwing the Shit Sena.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Rsatchi wrote:Mr Rane has openly said that he has been given charge to make sure that BJP form the government.
Now if he can poach few from SS+NCP+Con then that would be poetic justice for Pawar's role in toppling Atalji's Government!!
Not so simple. Can't poach "a few" MLAs from here and there, due to anti-defection law. Need 50%+ of MLAs to split from another party and merge with BJP in order for it to be legal. Only 4 scenarios:

1) SS comes back with no funny conditions. Seems more unlikely, and probably Amit is not interested in this since he knows the same drama will start again in 2024.

2) Split SS and get 50+% of the MLAs to merge with BJP. I think this is the best option. Time to take the gloves off and declare full scale attack.

3) Reduce house strength to 210-220 by getting 60+ MLAs from various parties to resign (or jump ship and be ready for disqualification). Seems a tall order here. In KA recently this happened, but BJP was much closer to a majority there.

4) NCP supports from outside for now, like they did last time. Once goremint is formed, BJP can still work on #1-#3 behind the scenes.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vips wrote:

To which, its National Affairs editor sadi something to the effect that it all seems to be coordinated! :rotfl: He further went on to say that the trio of Pawar, Shah and Modi seem to read each other pretty well without the need to speak.

Iz there a "pre-poll" understanding between Modi and Pawar? Perhaps on how to screw both CON and SS together. All speculation of course. :wink:
Pawar seems to have worked out an understanding with Amit Shah to have the ED/CBI go slow on him and Ajit Pawar in lieu of him playing the double game and screwing the Shit Sena.
had pawar waited till 2030 hrs for the deadline expiry, the cabinet meeting could have only be held after Modiji's return from the brazil visit for the BRICS summit, three days later.

So he informed the Governor's office at 1130. Enough time for the governor to send the report, enough time at dilli to organize an emergency cabinet meeting and recommend president's rule in MAH before Modiji departed on his 3 days BRICS trip.

The president returned to dilli at 1700 hrs and the cabinet recommendation was approved by him by about 1730 hrs.

game, set and match.

Anyone still having doubts :mrgreen:

PM Narendra Modi leaves for Brazil to attend BRICS Summit

ANI | 12 NOV 2019, 04:47 PM IST

Prime Minister Narendra Modi left for Brazil on November 12 to attend the 11th BRICS Summit. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will have bilateral meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Chinese President Xi Jinping. The theme of BRICS summit this year is ‘Economic Growth for an Innovative Future’.
Last edited by chetak on 13 Nov 2019 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Unless BJP leadership finds a way to break the SS louts, I am willing to stick my neck out and predict that NCP-SS-Congoon govt will come to fruition. In fact, SS is in a point of no return. They simply cannot go back to BJP in present form without becoming an even bigger laughing stock. Furthermore, this is their best chance of getting CM post.

But I am seeing another possibility however remote. As many have pointed out, there is a big prejudice (or shall we say hatred) against Devender Fadnavis because he is a Brahmin, and there is a huge faulty line between Marathas and non Marathas. This is sad, but I think it will take time for Hinduthva to bridge this kind of caste divide. So for the moment, if a Maratha BJP leader were projected as the CM and that would help break away MLAs from SS, NCP, and Cong, I think Devender Fadnavis should sacrifice himself. Its sad, but party is bigger. And I am sure ModiJi can give him a position in the central cabinet where Fandavis's skills could be utilized.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:Unless BJP leadership finds a way to break the SS louts, I am willing to stick my neck out and predict that NCP-SS-Congoon govt will come to fruition. In fact, SS is in a point of no return. They simply cannot go back to BJP in present form without becoming an even bigger laughing stock. Furthermore, this is their best chance of getting CM post.

But I am seeing another possibility however remote. As many have pointed out, there is a big prejudice (or shall we say hatred) against Devender Fadnavis because he is a Brahmin, and there is a huge faulty line between Marathas and non Marathas. This is sad, but I think it will take time for Hinduthva to bridge this kind of caste divide. So for the moment, if a Maratha BJP leader were projected as the CM and that would help break away MLAs from SS, NCP, and Cong, I think Devender Fadnavis should sacrifice himself. Its sad, but party is bigger. And I am sure ModiJi can give him a position in the central cabinet where Fandavis's skills could be utilized.
I have a very strong feeling that fadnavis is being groomed for high office.

Right now, he is the BJP's best bet in MAH.

The congis and the NCP are actually scared of him because of how he decimated them in the rural areas and their traditional hinterland strongholds.

No fuss in the papers, no chest thumping, no breast beating, just silent, hard hitting, far reaching structural reforms that crippled the traditional power brokers and decimated their ranks. His assiduous and tirelessly diligent strikes at the very hearts of these family satraps are worthy of the deadly skills employed by a highly accomplished ninja assassin.

The SS did ask for his replacement and wanted gadkari in his place.

That's how apprehensive his political opponents are.

He comes across as the diffidently smiling, slightly pudgy, the harmless kid next door.

His political backers are in the top echelons of both the BJP and the RSS too.

And above all, he has a clean, non-controversial image, a rarity in Indian politics.

not many can sport such a fine pedigree.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

CRamS wrote:Unless BJP leadership finds a way to break the SS louts, I am willing to stick my neck out and predict that NCP-SS-Congoon govt will come to fruition. In fact, SS is in a point of no return. They simply cannot go back to BJP in present form without becoming an even bigger laughing stock. Furthermore, this is their best chance of getting CM post.

SS has put itself in a corner and as a lollipop if a couple of plum ministries are given they will like pakis claim victory in defeat and give BJP the support to form the government. Even that option for SS will go if they still act haughty.

If NCP/Con party and SS do form the government, it wont last long and congress will be marginalized in rest of the country and will loose its share of psuedo secular votes.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Vips wrote: If NCP/Con party and SS do form the government, it wont last long and congress will be marginalized in rest of the country and will loose its share of psuedo secular votes.
Don't know about the rest of the country but in MH at least they will lose Muslim votes to AIMIM. Owaisi is already looking to capitalize on it if the Congress supports SS. In other parts of India, SS may not be too well known locally and Muslims may not have other serious anti-BJP options except Congress. So it might not make much of a difference. You can also count on the usual suspects in the media to do a reverse ghar-wapasi of SS and turn them into a "secular" party overnight.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

They will loose the christian/muslim votes big time to the communist party in Kerala and Kerala needs to be preserved by the Con party as a ticket to the parliament (and entry into the Lutyens zone) for Rahul Gandhi and very soon for Sonia Gandhi.

In other states too like (Delhi, Bihar, MP, Jharkhand, Bengal and UP) they will loose on the overall vote share and other regional parties - SP, BSP, Janta Dal, AAP and Trinamool will quickly capitalize on it. Congress will shoot itself on the foot if they even just lend 'outside support' to SS/NCP and will be called out as supporter of Hindu party by its other non bjp rivals. That chance if they take will be at their own peril.

Wily Pawar knows this and has set up a trap for Congress and wants to decimate it in Maharashtra to emerge as the undisputed/main opposition party to BJP in the state.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

The Sharad Pawar-Sonia Gandhi Phone Call That Thwacked Shiv Sena's Plans.
The Shiv Sena was hoping to stake claim to power in Maharashtra last evening with the support of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and the Congress, which would raise its numbers to 154 in the assembly -- nine past the majority mark.
Among the factors which may have queered its pitch at the eleventh hour was a phone call between Congress president Sonia Gandhi and NCP leader Sharad Pawar.

Sources say Sonia Gandhi had softened on her objections to supporting the ideologically opposite Shiv Sena on Monday evening. But a well-timed phone call from Sharad Pawar to Sonia Gandhi appears to have deepened the Congress' reluctance.

In the morning, as the Congress kicked off a series of consultations on Maharashtra, Sonia Gandhi was said to be strongly opposed to supporting the Sena. Her view - that aligning with the pro-Hindutva and hardline Sena would harm the Congress electorally - was said to be supported by party seniors like AK Anthony and KC Venugopal, and Delhi-based Maharashtra leaders like Mukul Wasnik and Rajiv Satav.

A counterpoint was presented by Maharashtra Congress leaders like Sushil Kumar Shinde, Ashok Chavan, Prithviraj Chavan and Balasaheb Thorat, who believed it was wiser, under the circumstances, to back the Shiv Sena and keep the BJP out. Some in that meeting believed the Congress president was coming around.

Around 5 pm, Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray in his first ever call to Sonia Gandhi, made a formal request for support. The Congress president promised to get back to him after her consultations.

But about an hour later, Sharad Pawar spoke to Sonia Gandhi and expressed some reluctance to go ahead, saying it was too early to promise support to the Sena. Mr Pawar reportedly told Sonia Gandhi that many aspects of power sharing still needed to be negotiated, and that he had not given the Sena a letter of support.

Crucially, he mentioned that his party was just two seats short of the Sena. That seemed to indicate a rethink by the NCP on whether the Sena should expect the chief minister's post for a full term. Was Mr Pawar hinting at a power-sharing agreement, wondered Congress leaders who were privy to the developments.

This sequence of events runs contrary to the NCP's assertion that it was ready to offer support to the Sena, but the Congress had played spoilsport. As Ajit Pawar, NCP leader told the media, "From morning 10 am till 7:30 pm on Monday, our leaders including Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel were waiting for their letter. They (Shiv Sena) had to submit the letter by 7:30 pm. If Congress was not sending its letter of support, how could we give ours," Ajit Pawar disclosed.

The Congress however says Mr Pawar's seeming U-turn, which came just hours before the Governor's deadline to the Sena, only served to heighten the Congress's reluctance to support the Sena. Finally, the Congress put out a noncommittal statement without mentioning the Sena at all, saying it would hold discussions with Sharad Pawar.

At the Raj Bhawan, the Sena delegation led by Aaditya Thackeray requested more time to bring NCP and Congress letters of support, but the governor refused.
NDTV report on how Pawar is playing a double game. Cannot trust it as they may be trying to protect the mafia queen and con(gress) party from any blame and trying to shift it to Pawar.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Vips wrote: NDTV report on how Pawar is playing a double game. Cannot trust it as they may be trying to protect the mafia queen and con(gress) party from any blame and trying to shift it to Pawar.
NDTV is basically an INC mouthpiece at this point. Here they are attempting to subtly shift the blame onto Pawar and the NCP. Look at how they portray SG as a reasonable person who listens to all points of view and makes an informed decision instead of being the ruthless mafia queen surrounded by a bunch of fawning lickspittles that she is.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Has SS officially declared that they have left NDA? Not sure. Their minister has resigned from union cabinet. They have left the BJP alliance in Maha. Do these to mean they have left NDA for good?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Some of the cong/ncp conditions to SS:
1. No thackray family CM
2. 2.5 yrs CM for ncp
3. 5 yrs deputy CM for cong
4. 1/3rd ministries to cong, other 1/3rd to ncp
5. Key portfolios to ncp
6. SS to clarify its stand on hindutva and secularism
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Vips wrote: SS has put itself in a corner and as a lollipop if a couple of plum ministries are given they will like pakis claim victory in defeat and give BJP the support to form the government. Even that option for SS will go if they still act haughty.
They put themselves in the corner and then dug a hole and trapped their fat ego in it.

All public chest beating about CMship will now come to haunt them. Had they not been so much adamant about CM post then there was some chance. But thackrays have huge ego. BT i can understand, he was a self made man. But UT has zero achievement and ego of size of his father, without his intelligence.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Also maintaining ambiguity in politics is key. How AS and NM don't speak, to maintain that ambiguity. When UT gave shouting job to Raut he should have kept mum. You have a parrot speaking then why take press conferences! If at the end if you want to change your stand then you can easily make scapegoat of parrot.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chetak, What would written letters mean for such parties?

Zilch.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

nachiket wrote:Don't know about the rest of the country but in MH at least they will lose Muslim votes to AIMIM. Owaisi is already looking to capitalize on it if the Congress supports SS.
There is already a strong feeling among the "seculars" that Owaisi is a stooge of the BJP only retained to split the anti-BJP votes :). The Congress will also find it tough in places like Kerala, where they have to be seen as "secular" (and not siding Shiv Sena, who had once even beaten up Madrassis).
CRamS wrote:Has SS officially declared that they have left NDA? Not sure. Their minister has resigned from union cabinet. They have left the BJP alliance in Maha. Do these to mean they have left NDA for good?
No, not yet. The resigning of the SS MP from Lok Sabha was kind of a symbolical step to indicate that the alliance is broken. But I don't think the divorce is now completely done. There would be further humiliating steps (set by NCP and Cong.) which SS would have to do to make the process complete.
abhijitm wrote:Some of the cong/ncp conditions to SS:
1. No thackray family CM
:lol:. And this was the primary motive for Shiv Sena to backstab the BJP. The other conditions ensure that Shiv Sena would be just used as an errand boy, with NCP and Congress actually running the show. This would be worse than what Shri. Kumaraswamy suffered in KA.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

1. No thackray family CM
2. 2.5 yrs CM for ncp
5. Key portfolios to ncp
^^^Is this from chaiwallahs, or is there any media source reporting it ?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

KL Dubey wrote:
1. No thackray family CM
2. 2.5 yrs CM for ncp
5. Key portfolios to ncp
Local printed (reputed) newspaper.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:Chetak, What would written letters mean for such parties?

Zilch.
Saar, was talking about UT's foolishness to stake his all on the word of a conman who had let them and the BJP down before.

UT has now lost personal, political as well as organizational credibility and is seen as an immoral man solely after power and personal aggrandizement.

Additionally, he may have fatally wounded his own son's political future as also the SS's dynastic succession plan.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

abhijitm wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:
Local printed (reputed) newspaper.
OK thanks...assuming this is true, then Uddhav and Aditya will be completely naked....what a pair of idiots.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey wrote:
abhijitm wrote: Local printed (reputed) newspaper.
OK thanks...assuming this is true, then Uddhav and Aditya will be completely naked....what a pair of idiots.

look at what is being planned.

If all three are leading, then who is following.

All raja only, no praja anywhere.

CMP is the blueprint of a public loot program

twitter

Super Exclusive: Complete farm loan waiver, Muslim reservation, review of crop loan scheme, more MSP will be the part of the common minimum programme of Congress, NCP & Shiv Sena led coalition govt in Maharashtra
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:

look at what is being planned.

If all three are leading, then who is following.

All raja only, no praja anywhere.

CMP is the blueprint of a public loot program

twitter

Super Exclusive: Complete farm loan waiver, Muslim reservation,review of crop loan scheme, more MSP will be the part of the common minimum programme of Congress, NCP & Shiv Sena led coalition govt in Maharashtra
Saat do link source.

The CMP on expected lines. How else is CON going to sign on and go back to their sickular base. On reason why I wanted to see the CMP.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:
ramana wrote:Chetak, What would written letters mean for such parties?

Zilch.
Saar, was talking about UT's foolishness to stake his all on the word of a conman who had let them and the BJP down before.

UT has now lost personal, political as well as organizational credibility and is seen as an immoral man solely after power and personal aggrandizement.

Additionally, he may have fatally wounded his own son's political future as also the SS's dynastic succession plan.
Yup .. Imagine going back to the MLAs and cadre with the proposals from NCP/CON outlined in this forum!

Will it be too much to expect many of them to jump ship and join BJP and save their own individual credibility with the voters. I mean if that is how little SS MLAs are going to get they might as well get the same from BJP collectively and preserve their credibility at least.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Maharashtra impasse: No CM from Thackeray family, demands Congress

Maharashtra impasse: No CM from Thackeray family, demands Congress

Congress has come up with a three-page list of conditions for offering its support in government formation, sources have said.

WRITTEN BY

DNA Web Team

EDITED BY
Abhishek Sharma

Nov 12, 2019,

As political developments in Maharashtra continue to intensify every day with no party able to seal a deal to form government in the state, Congress has come up with a three-page list of conditions for offering its support in government formation, sources have said.

According to the information, Congress is demanding that the chief minister shouldn't be from the Thackeray family and all three parties should agree on a Common Minimum Program. On Tuesday, Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut had confirmed that his party is working towards a common minimum programme (CMP) with NCP and Congress in a bid to form a coalition government in Maharashtra.

The Congress is also seeking a power-sharing formula where four ministeries will be allocated to its MLAs. The Assembly Speaker's position is also on the party's list

The party also raised concerns about the decision for the municipal corporation adding that it wants the distribution of 'mahamandals' as well.

As per the sources, senior Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge was not in favour of an alliance but Ashok Chavan, Prithiviraj Chavan, and Sushil Kumar Shinde were able to convince the party's interim president Sonia Gandhi.

It was conveyed that the maximum number of Congress MLAs should be a part of the government instead of just outside support.

The party wants the alliance to look like a car where Shiv Sena is on the driving seat and NCP is the key while Congress will control the braking system, said the source.

Political developments in Maharashtra are intensifying every day but so far no party has been able to seal a deal to finally stake claim and form government in the state. Maharashtra went to assembly polls on October 21 and the results were declared on October 24.

While the Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari has sent a report to the President saying that government cannot be formed in Maharashtra in accordance with the constitution, Shiv Sena has approached the Supreme Court against the former after he denied extra time to the party to gather support from Congress and NCP to prove its majority.

The Shiv Sena and the BJP contested the recently-held assembly elections together but have failed to reach an agreement for government formation.

The Shiv Sena's claim of 50-50 government formula, asking for the chief minister's post of two and half years, has not been accepted by the BJP.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

pankajs wrote:
chetak wrote:

Yup .. Imagine going back to the MLAs and cadre with the proposals from NCP/CON outlined in this forum!

Will it be too much to expect many of them to jump ship and join BJP and save their own individual credibility with the voters. I mean if that is how little SS MLAs are going to get they might as well get the same from BJP collectively and preserve their credibility at least.
Door still open for tie-up with BJP, hints Uddhav
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nits wrote:
pankajs wrote: Yup .. Imagine going back to the MLAs and cadre with the proposals from NCP/CON outlined in this forum!

Door still open for tie-up with BJP, hints Uddhav
Left the family home as a self declared raja and is now open to returning as a destitute servant. :mrgreen:

this guy had no qualms in burning decades-old bridges and quite possibly, vaporized his own continued existence as a credible politician due to his immaturity.

The BJP has now tasked rane, the guy whose entry into the BJP was opposed tooth and nail by UT, to cobble up support for the formation of the next BJP govt in MAH.

Once the SS splits, no one else may have any viable options to form the govt except the BJP.

Isn't rane ex SS, knowing the MLAs personally and able to speak their "language".
Last edited by chetak on 13 Nov 2019 12:03, edited 1 time in total.