Terroristan - November 11, 2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - November 11, 2019

Post by SRajesh »

A_Gupta wrote:Some sources say Aatish Taseer has U.K. citizenship. If so how did he acquire that? Through his father’s side? (Born in London with a British-Pakistani father). It would be disingenuous to disown the father for OCI but claim him for U.K. citizenship. Does anyone know the reality?
Guptaji
Two differing write ups in the print media:
Salman Taseer's Mother was either British or Scandinavian??? (which is unlikely to give him British Nationality)
Most likely mother Was British hence he had dual nationality.
Kushwant S article quotes Salman T setting up a flat for Tavleen in London on learning her pregnancy and later following the birth of the baby had his pencil sharpened and named him Aatish Ali Taseer later ditched both mother and son claiming that he lost his '"£$%^ skin' in India or some such derogatory remarks.
Mama singh got him the Angrez lifafa and brought him home (used all the Looty-N contacts courtesy her Father).
I don't know if there is RTI in UK to check his passport application or to get hold of his naturalization certificate.!!!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Whoever got RaGa's Isle of Man company documents claiming UQ citjenship, should be able to get this too?
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^^
Aatish Taseer was born in the UK before 1 Jan 83. That is sufficient basis for UK citizenship.

Aatish Taseer claims that his sole legal guardian (i.e. someone the law considers his parent) for his entire life was his mother.

https://time.com/5721667/aatish-taseer-india-oci/
I was born in Britain and have British citizenship, but since the age of two I had lived and grown up in India, with my Indian mother, who is a well-known journalist. She had raised me on her own in Delhi and was always my sole legal guardian, and the only parent I knew for most of my life.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

eklavya wrote:^^^^
Aatish Taseer was born in the UK before 1 Jan 83. That is sufficient basis for UK citizenship.
Hmm.. In Vanity Fair Article, he claims that he was "almost a member of British Royal Family".. But the racist UK did not liked him .. he is no longer welcomed in royal places..Not even allowed to swim naked in Queen's pool or do drugs there ... and they are mean to call him "Captain Condom"..

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Who are these brilliant people who thought $20 will be their opportunity to make easy money..
Looks like Pakistani Visa costs about Rs 120, and combining bus travel, and other expenses (Gurdwaras may give free lodging and boarding).. it is BETTER to go Attari route and visit 10-12 gurudwaras .. visit Lahore.. have adventure and spend much more time than just part of the day.. (And you probably don't need dollars to pay)

Sikh pilgrims find Attari route cost effective than corridor
8)

*** Also there are reports that there are fake websites (charging non-refundable money), and SFJ in UK who will "refund" $20 if you submit your details to them electronically .....More frauds to come??

(For those who do not know - SFJ is banned in India, and any dealing with them would be a criminal per Indian law)
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Aatish Taseer claims that his sole legal guardian (i.e. someone the law considers his parent) for his entire life was his mother.
eklavya Ji :

I now Post the Full Article that I had partly Posted earlier :

Present In Our Memory Games - A self-identifying, dispiriting tour of Islam's extremities inlaid with personal history - KHUSHWANT SINGH 13 APRIL 2009

If both your parents are Muslims, that is no problem: you are Muslim. If one parent is Muslim and the other not, you have the choice of opting for the faith of one or the other. However, if the father is a Muslim of one nationality, and the mother is a non-Muslim of another nation, the child is all at sea, not knowing what faith or nation he or she should opt for. That, in short, is the case of Aatish Taseer: his father Salman Taseer is presently governor of Pakistan’s Punjab. His mother Tavleen is Sikh and a well-known journalist who writes regularly for The Indian Express. His parents separated soon after their short-lived liaison, met up briefly in London and then went their own ways. Aatish was brought up by Tavleen’s parents and spent his childhood with his Sikh cousins. The discovery of his being different from them makes amusing reading. One afternoon playing with his cousins he went to a quiet corner of the garden to empty his bladder. A cousin who joined him to do the same stared at Aatish’s penis with awe and wonder. He came back to announce to his assembly of uncles and aunts: "Aatish ka susu nanga hai!" They broke into hysterics. He was the only boy in the family who had been circumcised. He was Muslim.

Stranger to History is a personalised study of Muslim identity in different countries: Britain, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India. The only thing they have in common is the passion to restore Islam to what its founder Prophet Mohammed had in mind by destroying its enemies today as they perceive them, notably the US, Israel and Britain. Their methods of achieving this end are determined by their own internal problems. In between analysing responses given to him, Taseer interposes his own problems with his father betraying his mother’s trust. The reader should know something about their family background.

Salman Taseer’s father was a minor literary celebrity in pre-Partition days. He married a Scandinavian (or maybe English). As often happens in cases of mixed marriages, Salman turned out to be a very handsome young man who had no problems seducing good-looking women. He was also a great admirer of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and hitched his wagon to the rising star in Pakistani politics. He wrote a highly laudatory biography of his hero and came to Delhi with his publisher to promote his book in March 1980. They stayed at the Oberoi Hotel where Tavleen met him.

Tavleen is the granddaughter of Sardar Bahadur Bajamber Basakha Singh, one of the principal builders of New Delhi, including the North Block of the Secretariat. He lived next door to us on Jantar Mantar Road and was my father’s closest friend. We saw him almost everyday. He also stayed with me in London. When Tavleen met Salman, she was in the prime of her youth and extremely attractive. fair game for our Lothario from Pakistan. Though married with children, he had no compunction in seducing Tavleen. They hit it off and spent the whole week together.leen became pregnant. She wrote to him in Lahore and toyed with the idea of aborting her pregnancy. He dissuaded her from doing so. He rented a flat for her in London. He joined her for a while. But his ardour had abated. He had more affairs, including one with an Indian film star whose name is not revealed by Aatish. Tavleen sensed the romance was over and returned to Delhi much embittered by her experience. Some of it washed on her son. Salman was unfazed and remarked that he had left his foreskin in India brought the body back to Pakistan.

As might be expected, Aatish had a disturbed childhood. At school in Kodaikanal he spelt out his view of his father to his counsellor. She asked: "How do you feel about your father today?" He replied: "Nothing. I mean the man is obviously a shit. He abandoned my mother with a baby to bring up on her own. Everyone has shitty people in their lives."

Meanwhile, Salman Taseer had his ups and downs. Under Bhutto he prospered. He turned to business and made a tidy killing. He acquired a large house, yet another wife, drank Scotch, ate ham, bacon, pork and lived it up. When Bhutto fell and was hanged, General Zia-ul-Haq put him in jail. The only book he was allowed to read was the Quran. He admitted he read it front to back and back to front but found nothing in it for him. When General Musharraf was forced to resign and Zardari took over, his fortunes were again in the ascendant. He is now governor of Pakistan’s Punjab. His son Aatish met him before that. He was welcomed by his stepmother and step siblings but his father remained aloof and cold. He never wanted to see him again.

Aatish Taseer’s account of his meeting the new generation of Muslims makes depressing reading. In England he met British-born young Pakistanis wearing skull caps and sporting beards to assert their Muslim identity; in Turkey, a group of people who regretted Kemal Ataturk’s attempts to modernise them. It was the same in Iraq and Syria and worst in Ahmadinejad’s Iran. He performed the lesser pilgrimage (Umra) in Mecca carefully hiding the tattooed image of Shiva on his arm and the steel kada his Sikh grandmother had given him. In Sindh he was disappointed to see its age-old Sufi Islam give way to Wahabi bigotry. However grim his portrayal of Muslim communities in countries he visited, his account is honest, perceptive and makes riveting reading. I will look forward to reading his personal exploits which got wide coverage in the world media, Inshallah, another day.

Comments : IMO Aatish is only a f------n!

Cheers Image
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

"Pakistan's neurotic behaviour has resulted in its decline to a nearly failed state with its weak economy, radicalised society and deep-rooted DNA of terrorism," said Ananya Agarwal, who led the Indian delegation to the UNESCO meet. "Pakistan is home to all shades of darkness, from extremist ideologies and darker powers of radicalisation to the darkest manifestations of terrorism", she told the panel.
Pakistan Has "DNA Of Terrorism": India's Reply On Kashmir At UNESCO
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

“He married a Scandinavian (or maybe English). ”

English. https://www.thefridaytimes.com/for-the-love-of-alys/
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Aatish Taseer’s account of his meeting the new generation of Muslims makes depressing reading. In England he met British-born young Pakistanis wearing skull caps and sporting beards to assert their Muslim identity; in Turkey, a group of people who regretted Kemal Ataturk’s attempts to modernise them. It was the same in Iraq and Syria and worst in Ahmadinejad’s Iran. He performed the lesser pilgrimage (Umra) in Mecca carefully hiding the tattooed image of Shiva on his arm and the steel kada his Sikh grandmother had given him. In Sindh he was disappointed to see its age-old Sufi Islam give way to Wahabi bigotry. However grim his portrayal of Muslim communities in countries he visited, his account is honest, perceptive and makes riveting reading
The paki gene with tfta didnt help there with fundamentalism did it.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Aatish Taseer’s account of his meeting the new generation of Muslims makes depressing reading. In England he met British-born young Pakistanis wearing skull caps and sporting beards to assert their Muslim identity; in Turkey, a group of people who regretted Kemal Ataturk’s attempts to modernise them. It was the same in Iraq and Syria and worst in Ahmadinejad’s Iran. He performed the lesser pilgrimage (Umra) in Mecca carefully hiding the tattooed image of Shiva on his arm and the steel kada his Sikh grandmother had given him. In Sindh he was disappointed to see its age-old Sufi Islam give way to Wahabi bigotry. However grim his portrayal of Muslim communities in countries he visited, his account is honest, perceptive and makes riveting reading
vishvak wrote:The paki gene with tfta didnt help there with fundamentalism did it.
vishvak Ji :

Does the Scorpion stop to STING? Does the Skunk stop to STINK?

The Illegitimate Male Offspring remain Illegitimate and a Fundo!

Cheers Image
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^^^
Fundo?

https://www.livemint.com/mint-lounge/fe ... 39676.html
Even now I am experiencing the most disgusting attacks associated with religious prejudice. I am not a religious person, but some of the trolls think I am Muslim—for some reason, even an Islamist. I am a gay man, married to a man, living in New York—the absurdity of it all! Even besides Twitter, the way the norm has shifted in India now in relation to what you can say against Muslims in the public sphere—it’s not the India I recognize any more. The rhetoric is normalized to the point that everyone seems to be speaking the language of expulsion and we all know where that kind of talk leads to.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Fulfilment of the terms of Partition?
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Though married with children, he had no compunction in seducing
Aatish was brought up by Tavleen’s parents and spent his childhood with his Sikh cousins.
So how come other kids of his biological father - and wider tfta population - are not liberal. Lets not be giving benefit of doubt away to porkie tfta and take blame for rest ok which is what is discussed here. He keeps being shocked by more fundamentalism in phoren lands where his co-religion brothas have landed and turned fundoo, why this shock while complete indifference to people who brought him up that he runs down under wide brushes of liberalism.
Last edited by vishvak on 16 Nov 2019 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Peregrine wrote:
eklavya Ji :

I now Post the Full Article that I had partly Posted earlier :

Present In Our Memory Games - A self-identifying, dispiriting tour of Islam's extremities inlaid with personal history - KHUSHWANT SINGH 13 APRIL 2009

If both your parents are Muslims, that is no problem: you are Muslim. If one parent is Muslim and the other not, you have the choice of opting for the faith of one or the other. However, if the father is a Muslim of one nationality, and the mother is a non-Muslim of another nation, the child is all at sea, not knowing what faith or nation he or she should opt for. That, in short, is the case of Aatish Taseer: his father Salman Taseer is presently governor of Pakistan’s Punjab. His mother Tavleen is Sikh and a well-known journalist who writes regularly for The Indian Express. His parents separated soon after their short-lived liaison, met up briefly in London and then went their own ways. Aatish was brought up by Tavleen’s parents and spent his childhood with his Sikh cousins. The discovery of his being different from them makes amusing reading. One afternoon playing with his cousins he went to a quiet corner of the garden to empty his bladder. A cousin who joined him to do the same stared at Aatish’s penis with awe and wonder. He came back to announce to his assembly of uncles and aunts: "Aatish ka susu nanga hai!" They broke into hysterics. He was the only boy in the family who had been circumcised. He was Muslim.

Stranger to History is a personalised study of Muslim identity in different countries: Britain, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India. The only thing they have in common is the passion to restore Islam to what its founder Prophet Mohammed had in mind by destroying its enemies today as they perceive them, notably the US, Israel and Britain. Their methods of achieving this end are determined by their own internal problems. In between analysing responses given to him, Taseer interposes his own problems with his father betraying his mother’s trust. The reader should know something about their family background.

Salman Taseer’s father was a minor literary celebrity in pre-Partition days. He married a Scandinavian (or maybe English). As often happens in cases of mixed marriages, Salman turned out to be a very handsome young man who had no problems seducing good-looking women. He was also a great admirer of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and hitched his wagon to the rising star in Pakistani politics. He wrote a highly laudatory biography of his hero and came to Delhi with his publisher to promote his book in March 1980. They stayed at the Oberoi Hotel where Tavleen met him.

Tavleen is the granddaughter of Sardar Bahadur Bajamber Basakha Singh, one of the principal builders of New Delhi, including the North Block of the Secretariat. He lived next door to us on Jantar Mantar Road and was my father’s closest friend. We saw him almost everyday. He also stayed with me in London. When Tavleen met Salman, she was in the prime of her youth and extremely attractive. fair game for our Lothario from Pakistan. Though married with children, he had no compunction in seducing Tavleen. They hit it off and spent the whole week together.leen became pregnant. She wrote to him in Lahore and toyed with the idea of aborting her pregnancy. He dissuaded her from doing so. He rented a flat for her in London. He joined her for a while. But his ardour had abated. He had more affairs, including one with an Indian film star whose name is not revealed by Aatish. Tavleen sensed the romance was over and returned to Delhi much embittered by her experience. Some of it washed on her son. Salman was unfazed and remarked that he had left his foreskin in India brought the body back to Pakistan.

As might be expected, Aatish had a disturbed childhood. At school in Kodaikanal he spelt out his view of his father to his counsellor. She asked: "How do you feel about your father today?" He replied: "Nothing. I mean the man is obviously a shit. He abandoned my mother with a baby to bring up on her own. Everyone has shitty people in their lives."

Meanwhile, Salman Taseer had his ups and downs. Under Bhutto he prospered. He turned to business and made a tidy killing. He acquired a large house, yet another wife, drank Scotch, ate ham, bacon, pork and lived it up. When Bhutto fell and was hanged, General Zia-ul-Haq put him in jail. The only book he was allowed to read was the Quran. He admitted he read it front to back and back to front but found nothing in it for him. When General Musharraf was forced to resign and Zardari took over, his fortunes were again in the ascendant. He is now governor of Pakistan’s Punjab. His son Aatish met him before that. He was welcomed by his stepmother and step siblings but his father remained aloof and cold. He never wanted to see him again.

Aatish Taseer’s account of his meeting the new generation of Muslims makes depressing reading. In England he met British-born young Pakistanis wearing skull caps and sporting beards to assert their Muslim identity; in Turkey, a group of people who regretted Kemal Ataturk’s attempts to modernise them. It was the same in Iraq and Syria and worst in Ahmadinejad’s Iran. He performed the lesser pilgrimage (Umra) in Mecca carefully hiding the tattooed image of Shiva on his arm and the steel kada his Sikh grandmother had given him. In Sindh he was disappointed to see its age-old Sufi Islam give way to Wahabi bigotry. However grim his portrayal of Muslim communities in countries he visited, his account is honest, perceptive and makes riveting reading. I will look forward to reading his personal exploits which got wide coverage in the world media, Inshallah, another day.

Comments : IMO Aatish is only a f------n!

Cheers Image
Peregrineji
Asked Ms Singh on Teetar why see went to London for childbirth(did she feel that Indian Medical care was too poor to her liking or beyond the realms of common man to understand)
She did not reply but blocked me.
Now there is a video of Grandmother
https://twitter.com/i/status/1195015004384157706
Mother and son using every trick in the book
Devious Ma/beta
Previously close to Sonia so you know where she learned all the devious tricks to protect the son :lol: :lol:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the P E S W Thread

Pakistan's external debt, liabilities rise $600m - Salman Siddiqui
KARACHI: Pakistan’s total external debt and liabilities increased $600 million to $106.9 billion in first quarter (Jul-Sept) of the current fiscal year as the country borrowed more, mainly from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), to improve its international payment capacity.
External debt and liabilities had gone up by $500 million to $106.3 billion in the previous quarter ended June 30, 2019, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) reported on Friday.
However, the figure swelled $10.2 billion in the past one year as it had been at $96.1 billion on September 30, 2018, the central bank said.
“The increase in external debt and liabilities (of $600 million) in the last quarter is insignificant. This is a welcome development,” commented Arif Habib Limited Head of Research Samiullah Tariq while talking to The Express Tribune.
Debt, liabilities mount to Rs40.2 trillion IOW About US$ 258.32 Billion of the which is over 90% of the GDP as declared for September FY 2020 GDP
The debt and liabilities, however, surged significantly by Rs10.69 trillion in the past one year as they stood at Rs30.78 trillion on September 30, 2018.
Cheers Image
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

the way the norm has shifted in India now in relation to what you can say against Muslims in the public sphere—it’s not the India I recognize any more.
Liberal talking of exclusive religion outside of which he is in no-recognition mode of elite lootey luxury (literally this time) - irrespective and indifferently forgetful to the dharmic folks who brought him up ie Sikhs.

He finds it shocking to hide sikh religion symbol in Islamic place of worship/visit - was he sleeping until he did that and sleep after that so he can express shock otherwise (equal==equal).
He was welcomed by his stepmother and step siblings but his father remained aloof and cold. He never wanted to see him again.
His biological father is aloof (ie irresponsible) while his step momma and step cousins are oh so schdweet - what goes of their father.

By the way, why didn't he even try getting paki citizenship - maybe because his biological father was 'aloof', the co-religion brothas are fundoos and he cannot bother to be shocked and write a book berating the same people before someone quickly finds a way to wuzu-cattle, like his father was killed (wasn't he) for trying to be liberal by fundoo bodyguard - more shocked.
Last edited by vishvak on 16 Nov 2019 15:53, edited 2 times in total.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Rsatchi Ji :

Your Post 16 Nov 2019 15:23
Peregrinej, i Asked Ms Singh on Teetar why see went to London for childbirth(did she feel that Indian Medical care was too poor to her liking or beyond the realms of common man to understand)
She did not reply but blocked me.
Now there is a video of Grandmother
https://twitter.com/i/status/1195015004384157706
Mother and son using every trick in the book
Devious Ma/beta
Previously close to Sonia so you know where she learned all the devious tricks to protect the son :lol: :lol:
Rsatchi Ji :

She learnt it in March 1980 when she stayed at the Oberoi Hotel where she performed a trick and coupled with the sire of her Illegitimate Offspring.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

End-Game - Najam Sethi

IMPORTANT : Has the Maulana been conveyed some assurances? Certainly, Imran Khan’s latest spanner in the works would suggest a degree of boldness that can only result from the knowledge or perception that General Bajwa has decided to go home. He would be a very foolish man to take this stance if he knew that Gen Bajwa aims to wield the stick for another three years.

Cheers Image
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

^^ prayer beads?
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

chetak Ji : Your Post 17 Nov 2019 03:21

May I please have the name of the Newspaper and the Articles' URL

T I A

Cheers Image
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Gerard wrote:^^ prayer beads?
They are also called worry beads, now you know why. Immy the Dimmy does not know when his time with the lamp post might come.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Prayer beads seem to be a standard on all occasions ...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Peregrine wrote:chetak Ji : Your Post 17 Nov 2019 03:21

T I A

Cheers Image
Peregrine Saar,

Here you go.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/569460 ... -work-coas

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/569462 ... ng-economy
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Amber G. wrote:^^^ Prayer beads seem to be a standard on all occasions ...
Looking at niazi's guilty looking face and the prayer beads, I wanted to make a few comments. :wink:

But then I realized that this is a family forum. :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Shia tomatoes :mrgreen:

are such tomatoes even halal in the land of the sunnis or is halal just a convenient and crooked tool to monetize profitable opportunities and bulldoze non muslims in dar ul harab lands.

In spite of all the unseasonal rains, crop damage etc, today's ruling prices in bangalore for tomatoes are from Rs 10-18, depending on quality. 8)

Iranian tomatoes will begin entering market from today

November 17, 2019

QUETTA: Iranian tomatoes will begin entering the market from today and prices are expected to drop.

The government had granted permits to several companies in Quetta to import 4,500 tons of tomatoes from Iran. The Fruit and Vegetable Association confirmed the issuance of permit. But the traders said that since the tomatoes would come via the Afghanistan route, they would still cost them Rs200 per kg. A trader said: “The government should directly import tomatoes from Iran.” If tomatoes come directly from the Iran-Pakistan Taftan border, their price would be reduced to half, he added. “The fields of tomatoes and other vegetables in Sindh were destroyed due to rains,” said a trader.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.news18.com/news/world/pakis ... 89937.html
Pakistan Court Allows Ailing Nawaz Sharif to Travel to London on Tuesday for Medical Treatment
After a marathon hearing of more than six hours, the court also ordered that the four-week duration can be extended further on the recommendations of Sharif's doctors. The court also rejected the government's condition of indemnity bonds.
Did the establishment just side with Nawaz against Niazi?
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

T I A
Cheers Image
chetak Ji :
Many thanks for the "special Link"
Cheers Image
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Peregrine wrote:
T I A
Cheers Image
chetak Ji :
Many thanks for the "special Link"
Cheers Image
anytime, Saar.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

No method to PTI madness - Abbas Nasir
THERE is method to the madness of those who wield real power: they maximise their own clout but at a carefully calibrated cost; then there is just madness. It seems shockingly rampant among the ranks of the lesser, aspirational, players.
The grave illness of three-time former prime minister Nawaz Sharif quickly made those who wield real power and had plotted his ouster as well as the ignominious aftermath of that guillotined stint in office, realise that the situation called for a radical change of heart.
Do not despair. You are not being asked to solve a complicated riddle. Last week in this very space you may have read that Mr Sharif was expected to have flown abroad for treatment by last Monday. (Yes, I have had to eat my words.)
This was reported after it was clear that a doubting, sceptical Imran Khan, the prime minister, had been convinced by a medical expert he trusts totally that Nawaz Sharif was so gravely ill that his life seemed poised on a knife’s edge. Any delay in treatment could well be fatal.
This was a low-cost solution to removing a painful thorn in the side.
Cheers Image
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Neutering & Defanging Chinese Threat & Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad Threads

‘Absolutely no mercy’: Leaked files show China’s mass detention of Muslims in officials’ own words

- Leaked documents reveal that President Xi laid the groundwork for the crackdown in a series of speeches

- Beijing has sought for decades to suppress Uighur resistance to Chinese rule in Xinjiang

- Inmates undergo months or years of indoctrination and interrogation aimed at transforming them into secular and loyal supporters of China’s ruling Communist Party

HONG KONG: The students booked their tickets home at the end of the semester, hoping for a relaxing break after exams and a summer of happy reunions in China’s far west.

Instead, they would be told that their relatives and neighbors were missing — all of them locked up in an expanding network of detention camps built to hold Muslim ethnic minorities.

Authorities in the Xinjiang region were worried that the situation was a powder keg. And so they prepared.

Leadership distributed a classified directive advising local officials to corner returning students as soon as they arrived and keep them quiet. It included a guide for how to handle their questions, beginning with the most obvious: Where is my family?

“They’re in a training school set up by the government,” the prescribed answer began. If pressed, officials were to tell students that their relatives were not criminals — yet could not leave these “schools.”

The question-and-answer script also included a barely concealed threat: Students were to be told that their behavior could either shorten or extend the detention of their relatives.

The directive was among 403 pages of internal documents that have been shared with The New York Times in one of the most significant leaks of government papers from inside China’s ruling Communist Party in decades. They provide an unprecedented inside view of the continuing clampdown in Xinjiang, in which authorities have corralled as many as 1 million ethnic Uighurs, Kazakhs and others into internment camps and prisons over the past three years.

The party has rejected international criticism of the camps and described them as job-training centers that use mild methods to fight Islamic extremism. But the documents confirm the coercive nature of the crackdown.

Key disclosures in the documents include:

- President Xi Jinping, the party chief, laid the groundwork for the crackdown in a series of speeches delivered in private to officials during and after a visit to Xinjiang in April 2014, just weeks after Uighur militants stabbed more than 150 people at a train station, killing 31.

— Terrorist attacks abroad and the drawdown of US troops in Afghanistan heightened leadership’s fears and helped shape the crackdown.

— The internment camps in Xinjiang expanded rapidly after the appointment in August 2016 of Chen Quanguo, a zealous new party boss for the region.

— The crackdown encountered doubts and resistance from local officials who feared it would exacerbate ethnic tensions and stifle economic growth. Chen responded by purging officials suspected of standing in his way.

— The leaked papers consist of 24 documents. They include nearly 200 pages of internal speeches by Xi and other leaders and more than 150 pages of directives and reports on the surveillance and control of the Uighur population in Xinjiang. There are also references to plans to extend restrictions on Islam to other parts of China.

Although it is unclear how the documents were gathered and selected, the leak suggests greater discontent inside the party than previously known. The papers were brought to light by a member of the Chinese political establishment who requested anonymity and expressed hope that their disclosure would prevent party leaders, including Xi, from escaping culpability for the mass detentions.

Chinese leadership wraps policymaking in secrecy, especially when it comes to Xinjiang, a resource-rich territory located on the sensitive frontier with Pakistan, Afghanistan and Central Asia. Predominantly Muslim ethnic minority groups make up more than half the region’s population of 25 million. The largest of these groups are the Uighurs, who have long faced discrimination and restrictions on cultural and religious activities.

Beijing has sought for decades to suppress Uighur resistance to Chinese rule in Xinjiang. The current crackdown began after a surge of anti-government and anti-Chinese violence, including ethnic riots in 2009 in Urumqi, the regional capital, and a May 2014 attack on an outdoor market that killed 39 people just days before Xi convened a leadership conference in Beijing to set a new policy course for Xinjiang.

Since 2017, authorities in Xinjiang have detained many hundreds of thousands of Uighurs, Kazakhs and other Muslims in internment camps. Inmates undergo months or years of indoctrination and interrogation aimed at transforming them into secular and loyal supporters of the party.

The government sends Xinjiang’s brightest young Uighurs to universities across China, with the goal of training a new generation of Uighur civil servants and teachers loyal to the party.

The crackdown in Xinjiang has been so extensive that it affected even these elite students, the directive shows. And that made authorities nervous.

“Returning students from other parts of China have widespread social ties across the entire country,” the directive noted. “The moment they issue incorrect opinions on WeChat, Weibo and other social media platforms, the impact is widespread and difficult to eradicate.”

The document warned that there was a “serious possibility” students might sink into “turmoil” after learning what had happened to their relatives. It recommended that police officers in plainclothes and experienced local officials meet them as soon as they returned.

The directive’s question-and-answer guide begins gently, with officials advised to tell students that they have “absolutely no need to worry” about relatives who have disappeared.

“Tuition for their period of study is free and so are food and living costs,” officials were told to say.

“If you want to see them,” one answer concluded, “we can arrange for you to have a video meeting.”

Authorities anticipated, however, that this was unlikely to mollify students and provided replies to other questions: When will my relatives be released? If this is for training, why can’t they come home? Can they request a leave? How will I afford school if my parents are studying and there is no one to work on the farm?

The guide recommended increasingly firm replies telling the students that their relatives had been “infected” by the “virus” of Islamic radicalism and must be quarantined and cured.

Students should be grateful that authorities had taken their relatives away, the document said.

Authorities appear to be using a scoring system to determine who can be released from the camps: The document instructed officials to tell the students that their behavior could hurt their relatives’ scores and to assess the behavior of students and record their attendance at training sessions, meetings and other activities.

“Family members, including you, must abide by the state’s laws and rules and not believe or spread rumors,” officials were told to say. “Only then can you add points for your family member, and after a period of assessment they can leave the school if they meet course completion standards.”

If asked about the impact of the detentions on family finances, officials were advised to assure students that “the party and the government will do everything possible to ease your hardships.”

The line that stands out most in the script, however, may be the model answer for how to respond to students who ask of their detained relatives, “Did they commit a crime?”

The document instructed officials to acknowledge that they had not. “It is just that their thinking has been infected by unhealthy thoughts,” the script said. “Freedom is only possible when this ‘virus’ in their thinking is eradicated and they are in good health.”

Secret speeches

The ideas driving the mass detentions can be traced back to Xi Jinping’s first and only visit to Xinjiang as China’s leader, a tour shadowed by violence.

In 2014, little more than a year after becoming president, he spent four days in the region, and on the last day of the trip, two Uighur militants staged a suicide bombing outside a train station in Urumqi that injured nearly 80 people, one fatally.

Weeks earlier, militants with knives had gone on a rampage at another railway station, in southwest China, killing 31 people and injuring more than 140. And less than a month after Xi’s visit, assailants tossed explosives into a vegetable market in Urumqi, wounding 94 people and killing at least 39.

Against this backdrop of bloodshed, Xi delivered a series of secret speeches setting the hard-line course that culminated in the security offensive now underway in Xinjiang. While state media have alluded to these speeches, none were made public.

The text of four of them, though, were among the leaked documents.

“The methods that our comrades have at hand are too primitive,” Xi said in one talk, after inspecting a counterterrorism police squad in Urumqi. “None of these weapons is any answer for their big machete blades, ax heads and cold steel weapons.

“We must be as harsh as them,” he added, “and show absolutely no mercy.”

In several surprising passages, Xi also told officials to not discriminate against Uighurs and to respect their right to worship, and he rejected proposals to try to eliminate Islam entirely in China.

But Xi’s main point was unmistakable: He was leading the party in a sharp turn toward greater repression in Xinjiang.

Before Xi, the party had often described attacks in Xinjiang as the work of a few fanatics. But Xi argued that Islamic extremism had taken root across swaths of Uighur society.

Violence by Uighur militants has never threatened Communist control of the region. Although attacks grew deadlier after 2009, when nearly 200 people died in ethnic riots in Urumqi, they remained relatively small, scattered and unsophisticated.

Even so, Xi warned that the violence was spilling from Xinjiang into other parts of China and could taint the party’s image of strength.

Xi’s predecessor, Hu Jintao, responded to the 2009 riots in Urumqi with a clampdown, but he also stressed economic development as a cure for ethnic discontent. But Xi signaled a break with Hu’s approach.

“In recent years, Xinjiang has grown very quickly and the standard of living has consistently risen, but even so, ethnic separatism and terrorist violence have still been on the rise,” he said. “This goes to show that economic development does not automatically bring lasting order and security.”

Ensuring stability in Xinjiang would require a sweeping campaign of surveillance and intelligence gathering to root out resistance in Uighur society, Xi argued.

He said new technology must be part of the solution, foreshadowing the party’s deployment of facial recognition, genetic testing and big data in Xinjiang.

Within months, indoctrination sites began opening across Xinjiang — mostly small facilities at first, which held dozens or hundreds of Uighurs at a time for sessions intended to pressure them into disavowing devotion to Islam and professing gratitude for the party.

Then in August 2016, a hard-liner named Chen was transferred from Tibet to govern Xinjiang. New security controls and a drastic expansion of the indoctrination camps followed.

‘I broke the rules’

In February 2017, Chen told thousands of police officers and troops in Urumqi to prepare for a “smashing, obliterating offensive.” In the following weeks, the documents indicate, leadership settled on plans to detain Uighurs in large numbers.

Chen issued a sweeping order: “Round up everyone who should be rounded up.” The vague phrase appears repeatedly in internal documents from 2017 and was being applied to humans in directives that ordered, with no mention of judicial procedures, the detention of anyone who displayed “symptoms” of religious radicalism or anti-government views.

Authorities laid out dozens of such signs, including common behavior among devout Uighurs such as wearing long beards, giving up smoking or drinking, studying Arabic and praying outside mosques.

The number of people swept into the camps remains a closely guarded secret. But one of the leaked documents offers a hint of the scale of the campaign: It instructed officials to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in crowded facilities.

The orders were especially urgent and contentious in Yarkand County, a collection of rural towns and villages in southern Xinjiang where nearly all of the 900,000 residents are Uighur.

In the 2014 speeches, Xi had singled out southern Xinjiang as the front line in his fight against religious extremism. Uighurs make up close to 90% of the population in the south, compared to just under half in Xinjiang overall.

A few months later, more than 100 Uighur militants armed with axes and knives attacked a government office and police station in Yarkand, killing 37 people, according to government reports. In the battle, security forces shot dead 59 assailants.

An official named Wang Yongzhi was appointed to run Yarkand soon afterward. But among the most revealing documents in the leaked papers are two that describe Wang’s downfall — an 11-page report summarizing the party’s internal investigation into his actions and the text of a 15-page confession that he may have given under duress. Both were distributed inside the party as a warning to officials to fall in line behind the crackdown.

Wang set about beefing up security in Yarkand, but he also pushed economic development to address ethnic discontent. And he sought to soften the party’s religious policies, declaring that there was nothing wrong with having a Quran at home and encouraging party officials to read it to better understand Uighur traditions.

When the mass detentions began, Wang did as he was told at first. He built two sprawling new detention facilities and herded 20,000 people into them.

But privately, Wang had misgivings, according to the confession that he later signed, which would have been carefully vetted by the party.

He was under intense pressure to prevent an outburst of violence in Yarkand and worried the crackdown would provoke a backlash.

Leadership had set goals to reduce poverty in Xinjiang. But with so many working age residents being sent to the camps, Wang was afraid the targets would be out of reach.

Secret teams of investigators traveled across the region identifying those who were not doing enough. In 2017, the party opened more than 12,000 investigations into party members in Xinjiang for infractions in the “fight against separatism.”

Wang may have gone further than any other official. Quietly, he ordered the release of more than 7,000 camp inmates — an act of defiance for which he would be detained, stripped of power and prosecuted.

“Without approval and on my own initiative,” he added, “I broke the rules.”

Wang quietly disappeared from public view after September 2017. About six months later, the party made an example of him.

Both the report and Wang’s confession were read aloud to officials across Xinjiang. But Wang’s greatest political sin was not revealed to the public. Instead, authorities hid it in the
internal report.

“He refused,” it said, “to round up everyone who should be rounded up.”

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Rsatchi Ji :

India SHOULD NEVER ALLOW Altaf Hussain TO ENTER INDIA.

The moment he gets a Long Stay Permit in India he will start campaigning for Muslim CAUSES in India and Bite The Hand That Feeds Him.

Such is the nature of the Ilk! :twisted:

Cheers Image
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Apparently Atish Taseer, when he got his GC, wrote some article bidding India "goodbye and good riddance?" Is this true, and if so, does anybody have a link? Just for my private collection, it's my hobby :). I'm willing to pay up to one thousand thanks for this.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

This article should go into the hall of fame in the first page of this thread

Cultural casualty: Pakistan’s plunge towards Al-Bakistan
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Rony wrote:This article should go into the hall of fame in the first page of this thread

Cultural casualty: Pakistan’s plunge towards Al-Bakistan
Ronyji indeed
Even Muslims with a nominal Pakistani connection are beyond help. Take Aatish Taseer, the son of the assassinated Pakistani politician Salman Taseer and Indian journalist Tavleen Singh. Aatish Taseer was raised mostly in India and Britain and raised by his Sikh mother. He didn’t meet his Muslim father until he was 21. Yet he is one of the most Hinduphobic individuals today, and can be spotted on Twitter, throwing hate filled invectives such “cow urine” and “gaumutra” at Hindus, including Hindu women. (15) One wonders whether Tavleen is a closet Hinduphobe whose Hinduphobia has rubbed off on her son. Or is it just his Pakistani Muslim instinct kicking in that makes him hate Hindus and India?
To all those who want to or already singed this arse-hole's plea for Indian Citizenship they should read what the 'biradars' think of him!!! :wink:
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

sudarshan wrote:Apparently Atish Taseer, when he got his GC, wrote some article bidding India "goodbye and good riddance?" Is this true, and if so, does anybody have a link? Just for my private collection, it's my hobby :). I'm willing to pay up to one thousand thanks for this.
If Aatish had misrepresented his status during his OCI application, does he run the risk of having his GC invalidated because he had made a false statement elsewhere, even if it is outside of the USA? I am running ahead of myself here, but uttering a forged document is still a criminal offence?
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Pakistani star Hamza Ali Abbasi quits showbiz for Islam
Acclaimed Pakistani actor Hamza Ali Abbasi recently announced that he is renouncing show business to dedicate his life to spreading the message of Islam.