J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by UlanBatori »

Relief At Last! Pakistan to supply Rooh Afza!
As per the report, RoohAfza, the sherbet made by Hamdard Laboratories, has been off the market for four to five months now.
Would u have seen this precious noose item if u only read AP or WaPO or watched NDTV hain?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And watch what u tweet.. 10-day pre-arrest notice to Shehla Rashid
if the need arises to arrest her in the sedition case. The Delhi Police Special Cell had on September 10, 2019, filed an FIR against Rashid for levelling false allegations against the Indian Army on the micro-blogging platform, Twitter. On Friday, the Patiala House Court disposed off Rashid’s anticipatory bail application with these directions after it was told that the investigation is at the preliminary stage. Earlier in September 2019, Rashid was booked for sedition on a criminal complaint by Supreme Court lawyer Alok Srivastav who had sought the arrest of Rashid. The Special Cell of the Delhi Police lodged the FIR under sections 124-A, 153A,153, 504, 505 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UB ji,

Re. Lord Duncan McNair (from Wikipedia page)
Wikipedia wrote: *Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill[edit]*

In 2011 McNair acted for the successful third party interveners in A, B & C –v- Republic of Ireland, before the Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).[3] This was a landmark case in which the court dismissed a wide range of complaints by A, B and C, claiming lack of access to abortion facilities in Ireland. The court upheld only one complaint brought by the Claimants as to breach by Ireland of Article 8 ECHR (Right to Privacy). In light of the ABC case, the Irish Government introduced[4] the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill to detail the circumstances under which abortions in Ireland could be legally performed. This passed into law in July 2013.[5]
BRF readers would remember the case of an Indian woman dying due to denial of abortion by a hopsital in Ireland.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Re. David Ward
Wikipedia wrote: David Ward (born 24 June 1953) is a British politician who was elected as the Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament (MP) for Bradford East at the 2010 general election.[1] He lost his seat in 2015 when the Labour Party candidate Imran Hussain defeated him by 7,000 votes.[2] Before his election to parliament, he was a councillor in Bradford for 26 years, and returned to local politics in 2016.[3]

In July 2013, he was suspended from the Liberal Democrats Parliamentary party until September 2013, after questioning the continuing existence of the state of Israel and refusing to apologise for his remarks.[4][5][6]
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, anybody know the antecedents of Pramila Jaypal. Googling didn't help me establish whether she is a Christian and/or Dravidian. I don't know why the chutiys in India go ga ga over her, but she wears her honorary colonial virulence against India as badge of honor. Likewise, that Khalitsani like dude on the Panel, Sethi whatever. Good thing about him is that while he rants and raves against India, he does so against US as well. So I am sure no one in US takes that clown seriously. If at all India needs to watch out for without going ga ga are snakes who won't raise a little finger at US, but will pour mindless bile on India. They are useful idiots in US propaganda arsenal against India. I mean the Pramila Jaypal type India Americans or perverts like Rana Ayyub, and to a certain extent Burka Bibi and the likes of her in India.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Peregrine »

Rail services resume in Kashmir Valley, people throng Sunday flea market in Srinagar – PTI

HIGHLIGHTS

- Rail services in Kashmir resumed fully on Sunday, over three months after being suspended due to security reasons

- The train passes through Srinagar station and the stations in south Kashmir before reaching Banihal

- The Railways conducted two trial runs of the service on the Srinagar-Banihal stretch on Saturday

SRINAGAR: Rail services in the Kashmir Valley resumed fully on Sunday – over three months after being suspended due to security reasons- as the train chugged from Srinagar to Banihal through the restive south Kashmir, officials said.

The train passes through Srinagar station and the stations in south Kashmir before reaching Banihal. Srinagar station and the stations in south Kashmir before reaching Banihal.

A railway official told PTI that "rail service in the Valley fully resumed this morning as the train chugged from Baramulla towards Banihal".

The official said there was only one run scheduled for Sunday, while the train would make two runs on daily basis from Monday.

The Railways conducted two trial runs of the service on the Srinagar-Banihal stretch on Saturday and then another trial run on Sunday morning before the actual service started, he added.

Rail service in the valley had partially resumed on Tuesday as the train chugged between Baramulla and Srinagar stretch of the railway line.

The authorities have directed the Railways to ply the trains between 10 am and 3 pm only due to security reasons, the official said.

The train service in the Kashmir valley was suspended due to security reasons on August 3 ahead of the Centre's announcement of abrogation of Article 370 and the bifurcation of the erstwhile state into two Union territories.

The weekly flea market here, meanwhile, witnessed a huge rush of customers, official said.

They said markets remained open around noon[/b], after which shopkeepers downed their shutters to join the protest against abrogation of the special status of Jammu and Kashmir

Few mini-buses have started plying on some routes in the city and elsewhere in the valley, the officials said, adding, cabs and auto-rickshaws were also plying. They said private transport was plying unhindered in the city here and elsewhere in the valley.

Pre-paid mobile phones and all Internet services continued to remain suspended since 5 August.

Most of the top level and second rung separatist politicians have been taken into preventive custody while mainstream leaders including two former chief ministers – Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti -- have been either detained or placed under house arrest.

The government has detained former chief minister and sitting Lok Sabha MP from Srinagar Farooq Abdullah under the controversial Public Safety Act.

Cheers Image
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

[quote="Peregrine"] Rail services resume in Kashmir Valley, people throng Sunday flea market in Srinagar – PTI

PROOF that PeeTeeAi gets its neuj from BRF. Look at few posts above: They just inverted the sequence and stole from Daily Excelsior, via UBCN and BRF. HA!!!
:mrgreen:
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

SriKumar wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: I think that we also need to remember that not all neighbors are the same. There have been incidents the other way around as well. My grandma used to narrate to us situations where neighbors helped each other on both sides during the razakar frenzy in Hyderabad state.
I dont like to give rhetorical responses, but in this case, I think the rhetorical response is better than addressing facts. My response to your comment above is: Tell that to Sunanda Vashisht. (I fully agree that all cannot not be brushed with the same broad stoke and stereotyped, but any new facts should also be considered).
sudarshan wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: I think that we also need to remember that not all neighbors are the same. There have been incidents the other way around as well. My grandma used to narrate to us situations where neighbors helped each other on both sides during the razakar frenzy in Hyderabad state. The situation was terrifying including ghastly tales of babies being impaled on spears.
If, God forbid, it comes to crunch time, on what basis is one to make that split-second decision as to whether or not to trust a neighbor? Especially when some folks have a distinct conflict between their humanity and their religion?

Sunanda ma'am's speech was completely ignored by the western media, so far as I could see. There was some reportage in Indian media, even TOI and Economic Times were reporting it in a positive way.
My post seems to have touched a nerve with you two. Wasn't my intention to minimize the horror of SVs experience, in fact I was the first one to post her video. Hope nobody has to experience such things in the future. Just added an anecdote since it was relevant in the context.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Pulikeshi wrote:1. Emotions don’t work, individuals can’t outshine this ‘agenda driven’ idiocy. What is needed is cold calculated documentation to be placed on record.
Great observations. While Ms. Vashisht had the required fire in her belly, the first one (from CSIRF?) was driving the agenda without even a single emotional outburst. Similarly, Rep. Jackson while pulling up Ms. Vashisht. We need documentation. Do they have a time limit on the opening statement and/or the deposition?

Where are the HAF folks?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

CRamS wrote:Guys, anybody know the antecedents of Pramila Jaypal.
Did you check Wikipedia biopage of Rep. Jayapal? I thought there was quite a bit of info in thar hills.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I did, but didn't see anything about her antecedents I was looking for. Judjng by her hate for India, the usual BS about "Daleeets" (she even has a fake US accent), the honorary white pedestal she stands on when she talks about or addresses us SDREs, it appears to me that she is either a Dravidian or Christian convert or both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pramila_Jayapal
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

CRamS wrote:it appears to me that she is either a Dravidian or Christian convert or both.
Normally the name Jayapal will be there for EJs. EJs from TN state are normally Davidian periyarvadi fellows.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

CRamS wrote:I did, but didn't see anything about her antecedents I was looking for. Judjng by her hate for India, the usual BS about "Daleeets" (she even has a fake US accent), the honorary white pedestal she stands on when she talks about or addresses us SDREs, it appears to me that she is either a Dravidian or Christian convert or both.

In April 2018, Huffman and three other members of Congress launched the Congressional Freethought Caucus, “to promote sound public policy based on reason, science, and moral values, protect the secular character of our government, and champion the value of freedom of thought worldwide.” The other founders, all House Democrats, include two Catholics (Jerry McNerney of California and Dan Kildee of Michigan) and one Jewish member (Jamie Raskin of Maryland). Several other members of Congress have since joined, including two from the “don’t know/refused” category (Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis.).
Footnote in JANUARY 3, 2019
Faith on the Hill
The religious composition of the 116th Congress
https://www.pewforum.org/2019/01/03/fai ... ef-31062-3
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL) took his oath of office on the Bhagavad Gita as did Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), who used the US Constitution as well.
https://www.hafsite.org/hindu-americans ... p-congress
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.firstpost.com/living/indian ... 12814.html

More on Jayapal’s family.

I’d say she’s in the Nehruvian fold nominally Hindu regarding religion, and the Leftist-virtually-Marxist fold regarding social justice; and is a human-rights-as-defined-by-the-West-absolutist.

Contrast-set on the last point:

“DER SPIEGEL: So why cut landlines? For a long time, people were completely unable to communicate with each other.

Jaishankar: Because that's how terrorists would have communicated as well.

DER SPIEGEL: But how were people supposed to call an ambulance if they needed one?

Jaishankar: I'm asking you: How were terrorists supposed to be stopped?

DER SPIEGEL: The fight against terrorism justifies all means?

Jaishankar: What kind of a question is that? Terrorists have killed apple traders in the past few weeks. Grenades have been thrown at markets. People have died. Why don't you focus on any of that?”

https://www.spiegel.de/international/wo ... 96790.html

The human-rights-as-defined-by-the-West-absolutist is incapable of understanding Sri Jaishankar’s point-of-view.
Last edited by A_Gupta on 18 Nov 2019 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

She is Nehruvian in the sense like him, quote
By education I am an Englishman, by views an internationalist, by culture a Muslim and a Hindu only by accident of birth

She acts as a Hindu to Bash India and Hindus, it is a fig leaf so show one is self critical.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Aditya_V wrote:She is Nehruvian in the sense like him, quote
By education I am an Englishman, by views an internationalist, by culture a Muslim and a Hindu only by accident of birth

She acts as a Hindu to Bash India and Hindus, it is a fig leaf so show one is self critical.
Apparently that is a fake quote.
https://www.altnews.in/did-jawaharlal-n ... -accident/

More precisely, Nehru did not say that of himself. N.B. Khare said it of Nehru.

Also, Nehru:

“"What is the mysterious, I do not know. I do not call it God because God has come to mean much that I do not believe in. I find myself incapable of thinking of a deity or of any unknown supreme power in anthropomorphic terms, and the fact that many people think so is continually a source of surprise to me. Any idea of a personal God seems very odd to me. Intellectually, I can appreciate to some extent the conception of monism, and I have been attracted towards the advaita (non-dualist) philosophy of the Vedanta…I realise that merely an intellectual appreciation of such matters does not carry one far…The diversity and fullness of nature stir me and produce a harmony of the spirit, and I can imagine myself feeling at home in the old Indian or Greek pagan and pantheistic atmosphere, but minus the conception of God or Gods that was attached to it."”
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

A_Gupta wrote:https://www.firstpost.com/living/indian ... 12814.html

More on Jayapal’s family.

I’d say she’s in the Nehruvian fold nominally Hindu regarding religion, and the Leftist-virtually-Marxist fold regarding social justice; and is a human-rights-as-defined-by-the-West-absolutist.
From that article this caught my eye:
About Pramila’s 19-year-old son, Janak, who was born in Mumbai, the proud grandmother says, "He was born at six months, weighed only 750 gm. It’s amazing that he has grown up to be this handsome man. He’s a musician, took up African American literature. :roll:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote:
Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL) took his oath of office on the Bhagavad Gita as did Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), who used the US Constitution as well.
https://www.hafsite.org/hindu-americans ... p-congress
I met raja k's dad in a very small upanayana ceremony celebrated at home. I, my 'uncle', and rk's dad sat at a small table and ate food with our hands. he is a totally dhArmic man - mechanical Engg professor at a reasonably well known Midwestern pvt. uni.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Aditya_V wrote:She is Nehruvian in the sense like him, quote

or catholic guilt.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I posted Sunandaji's video on fB. A total of 2 likes, of which one was from India. A young relative whom I have had some success in brainwashing.
Instead the rest Forward idiotic WhatsApp videos stating the Procedures that the Empiyah will follow when QE2 kicks the bucket.
A message saying "Long Bridge Hath Fallen" will go out.
etc. :roll:
(that's what we used to say as children when we dropped a nice long one into the pakistan..)
Supreme HQ made me go search Googleswara to see what the occasion was, but I c there is no such news...
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Cain Marko wrote: My post seems to have touched a nerve with you two. Wasn't my intention to minimize the horror of SVs experience, in fact I was the first one to post her video. Hope nobody has to experience such things in the future. Just added an anecdote since it was relevant in the context.
No not at all. Was just asking - is there a practical way to tell which neighbor can be trusted, and which one cannot? Or just play safe and not trust any of them?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Yesterday's (Sunday) DDM newspapers were all over screaming eye-eye-yo, the white west is criticizing "India's democratic credentials". And they cite first and foremost detention of traitors like Farooq Abdullah, Mufti etc in the valley. Hoping and praying that ModiJi continues this tough policy in the valley until the Muslims there turn around and shed their 'azaadi' fantasy and show genuine break away from colluding with Paki terror plots.

And ToILeT even said India's entire democratic set up is at stake because one bloody insignificant half Paki pipsqueak, Aaatish Taseer (whose mom is at the pyramid of Lutyen entitled elite), was caught lying on his form for PIO card and hence was barred.

It is true that Aaatish has the 'power' to nake a lot of anti-India, anti-BJP, anti-ModiJi noise: He is talented enough as a writer to be now part of the US elite as an honorary white, he is an elite homosexual (and I don't mean this in a derogatory sense), bunch of Nobel Laureates came to his aid, and is literally worshiped by India's Lutyen brigade. But I hope ModiJi does not buckle under all this pressure.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

^
I second that. Good to see the Indian government taking some tough measures. I think as you yourself pointed out before, India's 'democratic credentials" or its being secular and plural, didn't bring about bouquets of approval from the NY Times( who have had strong anti-India positions on the Kashmir issue going back to the 1990s) and other news agencies. So where is the 'image' that has taken a beating in their eyes?
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Vayutuvan wrote:UB ji,

BRF readers would remember the case of an Indian woman dying due to denial of abortion by a hopsital in Ireland.
Ireland went onto amend it's constitution soon after, however, Northern Ireland has only just begun the process of abolishing their archaic laws despite being largely Protestant.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

India's 'democratic credentials" or its being secular and plural, didn't bring about bouquets of approval ..
Guess it's all a given, not withstanding on back of Indians. That doesn't work however because Indians have learnt not to hand over loot and plunder to next rising looter (Chinese) while previous ones are standing in line too.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Daily updates from UBCN.
1. TOILet: Shops Open All Din in Cashmore Valley
complete normalcy was restored in Kashmir Valley on Monday with shops open all day and buses plying
For the first time in 105 days, unauthorised hawkers in busy areas like Lal Chowk - who used spaces outside closed shops.. could not set up their business..
Situation Naaarmal !
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Properties of Hizb terrorist leaders confiscated.
That's old news now.

Also 4 terrorists captured.
Meanwhile, four suspected militants, reportedly linked with the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), were arrested during different raids. ”The accused were involved in an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast and also aided militants on several occasions,” sources stated. The accused were being questioned and more arrest could happen in the coming days, they added. (AGENCIES)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ACB raids former JMC members' houses: huge hoard of gold etc.
ACB raids 7 premises of former JMC Com; seizes huge gold, documents
By Daily Excelsior - 19/11/2019
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

4 pakroaches trapped in encounter with jawans

Upper reaches of Surankote subdivision
Last edited by UlanBatori on 19 Nov 2019 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Battle of Rezang La remembered
Excelsior Correspondent
SRINAGAR, Nov 18: The nation today remembered the gallant heroes of the battle of Rezang La in Eastern Ladakh, which has gone into the annals of military history as one of the greatest battles ever fought.
It was in November 1962, that brave hearts of ‘Charlie’ Company 13 KUMAON, under the inspiring leadership of Major Shaitan Singh, fought the enemy to the ‘Last Man, Last Round’. This unparalleled saga of valour and sacrifice, where every man died a hero, continues to inspire future generations of Indian soldiers.
Upholding the tradition of remembering and honouring our war heroes, Chushul Brigade of the ‘Fire & Fury’ Corps commemorated the historic day with reverence. Lieutenant General Harinder Singh, General Officer Commanding, ‘Fire & Fury’ Corps paid homage to the martyrs of Rezang La, wherein he visited the battle ground where the epic battle was fought and paid respects to the fallen heroes.
Lt General Harinder Singh thereafter laid a wreath at the Rezang La Memorial in the honour of brave men of ‘Charlie’ Company 13 KUMAON who made the supreme sacrifice in the defence of the motherland. Senior military and civil dignitaries as well as Veterans from the area, were present during the wreath laying ceremony.
Commemoration of Rezang La Day each year is an endeavour by the Indian Army to pay homage to the brave men of ‘Charlie’ company 13 Kumaon, who have etched their names in golden letters in the history of India, with their courage and commitment.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Ulan Batoriji,
Thanks for your post. But a small puchh here. In the battle of Rezang La, under the leadership of Major Shaitan Singh, most of the Indian contingent perished. So, I was under the false impression that Rezang La is today under Chinese control as they do not leave what they get easily. Your post made clear that Rezang La is under Indian control and a part of Ladakh, India. I checked that map at: https://i0.wp.com/vargiskhan.com/log/wp ... s-khan.jpg, which shows motor-able map of Chushul and Rezang La, which is visited by Indian motorists. So what is the history of the Chinese leaving Rezang La? Thanks.
Gautam
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

g.sarkar wrote:Ulan Batoriji,
Thanks for your post. But a small puchh here. In the battle of Rezang La, under the leadership of Major Shaitan Singh, most of the Indian contingent perished. So, I was under the false impression that Rezang La is today under Chinese control as they do not leave what they get easily. Your post made clear that Rezang La is under Indian control and a part of Ladakh, India. I checked that map at: https://i0.wp.com/vargiskhan.com/log/wp ... s-khan.jpg, which shows motor-able map of Chushul and Rezang La, which is visited by Indian motorists. So what is the history of the Chinese leaving Rezang La? Thanks.
Gautam
The Chinese took some territory in that sector (the south eastern shore of Pangong Tsi lake). Rezang La itself was not of strategic value, unless the Chinese moved on further to capture Chushul - enabling them to move north along the Chushul-Leh road to threaten Leh. It is only speculation but its possible that the Chinese were stunned by the ferocity of the resistance of Charlie company. The rest of 13 Kumaon was in a more defensive position covering Chushul and they might have decimated the rest of the attacking Chinese force.
My book '2022 India's two front war' features that sector.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Peregrine »

UlanBatori wrote:PROOF that PeeTeeAi gets its neuj from BRF. Look at few posts above: They just inverted the sequence and stole from Daily Excelsior, via UBCN and BRF. HA!!!
:mrgreen:
UlanBatori Ji :

Thousand³ Apologies.

Dandvut Pranaam.

Cheers Image
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Deans wrote:... a small puchh here. .. So, I was under the false impression that Rezang La is today under Chinese control as they do not leave what they get easily.
The Chinese took some territory in that sector (the south eastern shore of Pangong Tsi lake). Rezang La itself was not of strategic value, unless the Chinese moved on further to capture Chushul - enabling them to move north along the Chushul-Leh road to threaten Leh. It is only speculation but its possible that the Chinese were stunned by the ferocity of the resistance of Charlie company. The rest of 13 Kumaon was in a more defensive position covering Chushul and they might have decimated the rest of the attacking Chinese force.
My book '2022 India's two front war' features that sector.
I will be looking 4 ur book. Broject (one of many) is to debunk the dhimmi notion that in 1962 Indian Army "lost" the war to the Chinese PeeEllAy.

The result was: India lost xx people. Chinese lost 100xx people. Of course 1 Indian = 200 Cheen per the "Rakta Tilakam" movie starring Shivaji Ganesan, but let's let that pass. Chinese attack was delayed long enough that they found themselves on the wrong side of the Himalayas (threatening Guwahati etc) as the winter snows came down, and USAF bummers were landing at Kolkatta DumDum to augment IAF capabilities. They realized that they had hours if that, to get the heck BACK over the mountains before the passes were bombed and their supply lines were totally cut. So they force-marched their soldiers, who were on the point of death from exhaustion and high-altitude sickness, BACK over the Himalayas and all the way across Tibet at the height of winter. Close your eyes, and ponder THAT pleasure trip, if you were a PLA soldier. They were human too.

Hint: Look for any indication that you can find more than 100 ppl in Cheen who can claim to be Veterans of 1962 Hu Actually Came Into Assom.
Hint 2: The British Expedition in Afghanistan has 15000 men when it marched across the Sindhu, 15 when it returned. They also "WON" the war. :roll:

As usual, Communist media claimed Victory. And the PLA "held on" to a lot of land that India did not have the foggiest hope of being able to develop or use for the next 50 years. Most Indians still don't have **ANY** idea of what is on the north side of the Himalayas except for some vague notion about Manasarovar.

And as the cheen rule in Tibet collapses circa 2025, Indians better learn because they will be going there as liberators, rescue teams and development teams.

What we see here (I too assumed that the place must be on the wrong side of the Yellow Sea there) is proof that the Chinese even had to vacate posts that they captured at the cost of practically 90% death of the attacking force.

Do u now c y India did **NOT** bomb the passes? Totally Chankian, like Marshal (Whatzit), the Russian Army commander in Napoleon's foray that ended in the pakistan.
Marshal, the blizzard is intensifying. The French have started withdrawing from Moskva.

(Leaping out of his bed where he was lying in depression, and falling to his knees)
"Holy Mother Mary, Thanks!"
"Give the orders: Start attacking the musharrafs-e-phrogistanis!"
The Great Classic by UBCN titled: "1962: The True Story As Never Told B4" is coming out any day now. Move over, War And Peace!

(OK, just remembered the sad history of Haji Pir Pass but let's not go there...) :twisted:

Hope you do at least a preliminary order-of-magnitude guesstimate using the famed UBCN GUESS (Grossly Under Estimating Scientific System) of the casualties among the famished PLA soldiers, from that desperate, panicked RETREAT in your book? Enough of the nonsense about "India losing". Yeah we had some prize idiots as Jarnails (Lt. Gen. Kaul etc) who are now mouthing off as "Ex-Military" oiseules attacking the scrapping of 370.