Terroristan - November 11, 2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - November 11, 2019

Post by sanjaykumar »

Watch for “hamza” pics releasing soon.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Here is a Paki trying his best to spread ROP on LinkedIn, notwithstanding the perfect English!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/himalaya ... 97600-tFmm
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hmm!! Miracle indeed!
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

sudarshan wrote:Apparently Atish Taseer, when he got his GC, wrote some article bidding India "goodbye and good riddance?" Is this true, and if so, does anybody have a link? Just for my private collection, it's my hobby :). I'm willing to pay up to one thousand thanks for this.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-day-i- ... 1467385905
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

A_Gupta wrote:
sudarshan wrote:Apparently Atish Taseer, when he got his GC, wrote some article bidding India "goodbye and good riddance?" Is this true, and if so, does anybody have a link? Just for my private collection, it's my hobby :). I'm willing to pay up to one thousand thanks for this.
Thank you saar. Tausend Dank (thousand thanks). Is there a way for me to access the full article without a subscription? I googled, and I can't find the article anywhere else. There were some suggestions online on how to access the article, but none worked for me.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The war that made India a great power

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... -day-96451
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

sudarshan wrote:
Thank you saar. Tausend Dank (thousand thanks). Is there a way for me to access the full article without a subscription? I googled, and I can't find the article anywhere else. There were some suggestions online on how to access the article, but none worked for me.
Send me your dm.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

A_Gupta wrote:
Guptaji,
Could you post the important/relevant parts of this article. In the past I was able to read WSJ without paying, now I find that I am unable to. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Gautam
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Heard on India TV yesterday that Dim is sulking and has cancelled all his meetings after meeting with Bajwa. Replacement rumors becoming stronger everyday.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

g.sarkar wrote:
Guptaji,
Could you post the important/relevant parts of this article. In the past I was able to read WSJ without paying, now I find that I am unable to. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Gautam
I don’t have access either, so I can’t help, sorry!
Chinmay
BRFite

Post by Chinmay »

g.sarkar wrote: Guptaji,
Gautam

Here you go
“Welcome home, sir,” the immigration officer said when I presented him with my green card at John F. Kennedy Airport in May. Three very sweet words, and they made me smile: As a South Asian male, with a Muslim name, I had hardly ever before entered the U.S. without being carted off to secondary screening. Now, married to an American, I was entering for the first time as a permanent resident.

And already I could feel the warmth of the American welcome. Here, at last, was a country where a document meant something! I was overcome by what must be one of the most unfashionable emotions of our time: boundless, unqualified love for America.
In India, where I grew up and where my mother lives, university students had been dragged off to jail on charges of sedition for attending a protest at which anti-India slogans were shouted. As for Pakistan, a crowd in the tens of thousands had just poured into the streets to bid farewell to the man executed the week before for assassinating my father in 2011. My father, then serving as the governor of the province of Punjab, had provoked the ire of fundamentalists by defending a Christian woman accused of blasphemy.
India was more complicated, but there too, inclusion in society depended on a set of categories that ran far deeper than citizenship. It was, as the writer Siddharth Deb calls it, a “high-context culture.” From the moment you arrived—sometimes from your name alone, which often revealed caste, religion and region—the immigration officer was busy making judgments about who you were that mattered infinitely more than what document you presented, in my case a Person of Indian Origin card.

“Aatish Ali?” one said to me just a few months ago as I arrived in New Delhi. “Quite a name you’ve got there.” The subtext was: You’re not part of the Hindu majority, so not part of the deeper organization of caste. The fact that I spoke English would have given him an intimation of class, and by the time he waved me through with a sneering, “Well, go on then, Aatish Ali!” he would have computed a whole range of information and bestowed upon me an identity from which there was no rescue. It was oppressive.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Aatish Ali Taseer is a bloody liar. Never ever have I seen rude immigration officers and I have consumed more than 2 passports because of all the stampings. They may ask questions but that is their job.
So immigration officer in USA warmly 'welcomes him home' while Officer in India is making snide remarks and judges his caste. Idiot doesn't realize that every Tom, Dick and harry who is a PIO and is coming from abroad speaks English and Immigration officers could not care less.
There is no way on earth that any Indian would figure out caste or region of a person just by name. Religion yes but other markers No. You can guess caste if they belong to your sub group but beyond that Impossible.

Good riddance this Paki, Black list him for next 15 years.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Vikas wrote:Aatish Ali Taseer is a bloody liar. Never ever have I seen rude immigration officers and I have consumed more than 2 passports because of all the stampings. They may ask questions but that is their job.
So immigration officer in USA warmly 'welcomes him home' while Officer in India is making snide remarks and judges his caste. Idiot doesn't realize that every Tom, Dick and harry who is a PIO and is coming from abroad speaks English and Immigration officers could not care less.
There is no way on earth that any Indian would figure out caste or region of a person just by name. Religion yes but other markers No. You can guess caste if they belong to your sub group but beyond that Impossible.

Good riddance this Paki, Black list him for next 15 years.
Vikas Ji

Black list him for LIFE!

Cheers Image
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

And already I could feel the warmth of the American welcome
Yes but he didn't offer tea and biscuits so how'd he know? Where is proof.
he would have computed a whole range of information and bestowed upon me an identity from which there was no rescue
It is always fault of hindoo, even after nothing happened. More like dimran Khan at UNGA talking gibberish from podium.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Chinmay wrote:
g.sarkar wrote: Guptaji,
Gautam

Here you go

Tausend Dank (thousand thanks) to you too.

The thing Aatish Taseer talks about is much more likely at US airports, and in fact he mentions this in his article as well (being carted off to secondary screening because of his name and origin). The tone of his article is that once he became a permanent resident, the US welcomed him without any further prejudices - that's what he's going ga-ga about. I'd be very skeptical of that. And yes, it is very unlikely that an immigration officer in an Indian airport would behave the way Taseer claims. Must be his own jaundiced interpretation of a much more innocent conversation, extrapolated as a generality.

The thing I've often noticed is that the Indians who complain and moan about caste prejudice in India, are the ones who are most caste conscious. Constantly evaluating people by name to decipher their caste, and if it turns out to be a "high caste," they form instant judgments bordering on hostility. Indians who grew up in cities are most often oblivious of caste, and are often very surprised when these self-appointed caste police dudes bring it up as a big deal. Different matter in villages, but that will change too, for the better.
Last edited by sudarshan on 19 Nov 2019 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

sudarshan wrote:
Chinmay wrote:

Here you go

Tausend Dank (thousand thanks) to you too.
Thanks from my side too. The whole write up was just a gobbledygook of imaginary situations meant for goras who already have a negative opinion of India. Good riddance. But I do wish the name OCI is changed into something that reflects what it is, a permanent visa given to people of Indian descent and not a second citizenship. India did not take away his citizenship, just his visa for misrepresentation of facts.
Gautam
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Fazl responds to PM Imran, says govt only has a few days in power- November 19, 2019

ISLAMABAD: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Thursday replied to Prime Minister Imran's criticism from the other day, warning him that the government only had a few days in power before he would send it packing.

Speaking to participants of a dharna in Bannu, Fazl said that time for the government was running out.

"The roots of this government have been cut. They have only a number of days left," he warned.

He said that Prime Minister Imran was trying to be the Gorbachev of Pakistan and alleged that he had given his sister Aleema Khan an NRO.

"Imran Khan has given his sister an NRO," he said. "Give us a similar sewing machine which can earn you Rs70 billion in one year," he added.

The JUI-F chief was responding to the prime minister's taunts and tirade from the previous day where he labelled Fazl's anti-government dharna as a 'circus'.

PM Imran calls himself ‘dharna expert’, says circus ensued in name of Azadi March

Calling himself a 'dharna expert', Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Monday that a 'circus' took place in Islamabad in the name of Azadi March protest.

The PM said this while addressing the groundbreaking of the Hazara Motorway Phase II in Havelian.

Addressing the crowd, PM Imran said that the protesters could not even stay for a month in the capital as opposed to his party's 2014 protest of 126 days.

PM Imran warned the opposition leaders saying that even if they all gather, he will not 'forgive' them.

PM Imran said that the opposition leaders have ulterior motives, which is why they resorted to dharna politics on containers.

PM Imran said that he has been wrought in a way that he will fight against mafia.

He said the government will focus on spending more money on human development projects instead of only making motorways and roads.

While referring to the conditionality for lifting the ban on Nawaz Sharif’s foreign travel, PM Imran said that there was only one piece of paper the government asked for. "Rs7 billion do not matter for the Sharifs, they can pay this much as tip only."

Cheers Image
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I can understand immigration officer saying 'Welcome home, sir' if you are a US Citizen but never have been welcomed that way while I had a green card. GC holders' home is where their passport says it is.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Allah always make pakis forever to beg and seek help from Kafirs.

India-made vaccine to help control typhoid in Pakistan
Pakistan is the first country in the world to introduce World Health Organisation-recommended typhoid conjugate vaccine (TCV) in its national immunisation program.

In this big move, an India-made vaccine Typbar TCV, will play a significant role. About 1.2 crore doses of the vaccine have been supplied by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech for this initiative.

According to international reports, Pakistan is launching the project in Sindh province, which is the centre of an ongoing extensively drug-resistant (XDR) typhoid outbreak that began in November 2016.
“In February 2019, the Pakistan government approached the Indian vaccine manufacturer through the GAVI Alliance to supply TCV,” Azra Pechuho, Health Minister of Sindh, told journalists, according to a report in The News, Pakistan.

She maintained that the Indian manufacturer had assured it would supply the vaccine in batches but the full consignment would be received in October 2019.

In the same month, the CMD of Bharat Biotech, Krishna Ella, had told media that the company had received a request from Aga Khan University, Karachi, to immediately despatch the vaccine. The company will also ship two lakh doses to Pakistan, he had said.

In late 2018 too, the company had donated one lakh doses of the vaccine to Pakistan, according to media reports.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

As a South Asian male.....< Khatna>
Even in his articles, this leech could not call himself Indian and yet craves for OCI and mommy does the rudali act. Why not eff off and get citizenship of his daddy's country. They do allow dual citizenship and multiple wives.
I was overcome by what must be one of the most unfashionable emotions of our time: boundless, unqualified love for America.
Here I was entering a alien country and I was overwhelmed with unqualified love and the country that I was raised in by my grand parents, Good riddance.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Why tomatoes are the new show off items at weddings :eek:
Tomato prices are skyrocketing in Pakistan. The prices have touched Rs 300 mark per kg tomato. While most of Pakistan is struggling to buy tomatoes, some who are buying it are keeping it nothing less than gold. A Pakistani bride found a great way to make tomatoes a show off items at her wedding. This bride chose to wear tomato jewelry instead of wearing traditional gold ornaments. Video clip of a Pakistani journalist in conversation with the bride has surfaced on social media wherein the bride is proudly announcing that her family gave her 3 boxes of Tomatoes. She is also seen showing off a costly dry fruit gifted to her by her family. She goes on to say that a father who has given his daughter and tomatoes to the groom has given everything.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Cheers Image
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

given his sister Aleema Khan an NRO.
:?: Bhat eej EnnArrOh, bliss? :?:
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Ashokk wrote:Why tomatoes are the new show off items at weddings :eek:
Tomato prices are skyrocketing in Pakistan. The prices have touched Rs 300 mark per kg tomato. While most of Pakistan is struggling to buy tomatoes, some who are buying it are keeping it nothing less than gold. A Pakistani bride found a great way to make tomatoes a show off items at her wedding. This bride chose to wear tomato jewelry instead of wearing traditional gold ornaments. Video clip of a Pakistani journalist in conversation with the bride has surfaced on social media wherein the bride is proudly announcing that her family gave her 3 boxes of Tomatoes. She is also seen showing off a costly dry fruit gifted to her by her family. She goes on to say that a father who has given his daughter and tomatoes to the groom has given everything.
The only thing stupider than a Paki apparently is TOIlet. That was a parody video made by Pakis to mock Dimran and TOIlet is peddling that as serious news.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

UlanBatori wrote:
given his sister Aleema Khan an NRO.
:?: Bhat eej EnnArrOh, bliss? :?:
Paki version of a plea bargain, usually resulting in exile for a period.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ Ticking gifts? Or Love Jehaad lettars?
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Bart S wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: :?: Bhat eej EnnArrOh, bliss? :?:
Paki version of a plea bargain, usually resulting in exile for a period.
It was an amnesty scheme to allow all the NaPak faujis, civil servants, and some chosen politicians such as Yousuf Raza Geelani, Zardari (10%) and the likes to have cases dropped against them to pave way for reconciliation between the Fauj (Musharraf) and establishment. It was thrown out of the door by the their Chief Justice, which eventually led to his sacking, and consequential downfall of Mush.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

[quote="Guddu"][/quote]
Brave cartoonist & editors/publishers!
Classic.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Wiki calling Musharraf's politics "Enlightened Moderation". Why don't desis have any presence on Wiki to improve these, hain?
The National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO; Urdu: قومی مفاہمت فرمان 2007ء) was a controversial ordinance issued by the former President of Pakistan, General Pervez Musharraf, on 5 October 2007.[1] It granted amnesty to politicians, political workers and bureaucrats who were accused of corruption, embezzlement, money laundering, murder, and between 1 January 1986, and 12 October 1999, the time between two states of martial law in Pakistan. It was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of Pakistan on 16 December 2009, throwing the country into a political crisis.
So the number that Mullah Diesel cited was his conservative under estimate of Dimraj Mian's/BBDimran's loot? What was the sewing machine reference?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asiapa ... 565782.htm

Expressway under CPEC inaugurated in NW Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, Nov. 19 (Xinhua) -- The expressway section of the Karakorum Highway (KKH) project phase two was inaugurated in Havelian in northwestern Pakistan on Monday, marking another step forward to complete the early harvest project under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

Addressing the inauguration ceremony, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan said the expressway is a part of CPEC, which is not a name of a road but a way of Pakistan's development and will play an important role in his country's rise and development.

The prime minister said that under CPEC, Pakistan will get assistance from China in technical education, agricultural technologies and development of Gwadar port and all of these will contribute to the country's economic growth.

The inaugurated expressway section from Havelian to Mansehra, is 40 km with four lanes. The rest 80-km secondary roads under the KKH phase two project is expected to be completed in February 2020.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

India's emerging team is playing Paki emerging team in Dhaka. Never heard of that tournament.
cricinfo.com
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

What was the sewing machine reference?
Mullah wants industry khullam khulla.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Only watch the full interview if you can get past this snippet first: :rotfl: https://twitter.com/Shumyl/status/1197078480418197504 :rotfl:

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

saip wrote:India's emerging team is playing Paki emerging team in Dhaka. Never heard of that tournament.
cricinfo.com
Emerging team used to be a step below India-A but a step above Under-19. Lot of current players were part of Emerging team. They used to play against Australia and SA but this is the first time I heard of this tournament. Maybe this is the first addition.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Vikas wrote: ...
As a South Asian male.....< Khatna>
Even in his articles, this leech could not call himself Indian and yet craves for OCI and mommy does the rudali act. Why not eff off and get citizenship of his daddy's country. They do allow dual citizenship and multiple wives.
Vikas Ji :

Sir Ji, Mr. F---S--N does not need multiple wives. He needs MULTIPLE HUSBANDS both ends!
Cheers ImageImage
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

UlanBatori wrote:
Guddu wrote:
Brave cartoonist & editors/publishers!
Classic.
Kureel is an Indian