J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by KLNMurthy »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:^
I second that. Good to see the Indian government taking some tough measures. I think as you yourself pointed out before, India's 'democratic credentials" or its being secular and plural, didn't bring about bouquets of approval from the NY Times( who have had strong anti-India positions on the Kashmir issue going back to the 1990s) and other news agencies. So where is the 'image' that has taken a beating in their eyes?
I too hope that GoI will remember that, like Modi said about himself during the elections ("my image is the product of my lifelong tapasya, and not the gift of Lutyens or the Khan markeg gang"), India's image, and substance for that matter, are not owed to the civilizations that we now know to be savages at the core.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Was this posted ... Why was this not implemented before, especially with Baki TV.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/c ... 2019-11-18
Centre bans content from Muslim nations on television in J&K
Cable TV operators in J&K have been warned against broadcasting any content from private TV channels based in Muslim nations like Iran, Pakistan, Turkey and Malaysia.

<snip>

Cable TV operators had suffered reverses in business after the clampdown on television services, among others, in wake of the August 5 abrogation of Article 370 in the erstwhile state of Jammu & Kashmir. The lockdown on broadcasting was subsequently lifted on August 20.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is SHOCKING :eek: . No more content from Malloostan, then on Cable-ul-CashMore? Hain? :((
The romantic song scenes with the herrow in a pillowcase and herrowine in a mailbox prancing around a ***** DATE PALM TREE !!!!!!!!! ***** among sand-dunes in 120-degree heat. The dream of every Malloo youth.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Lt. Guvrnor asks guvrmand to update their websites and develop apps to help citjens.
Learn from Pakis, maybe?

Absence of Internet causes huge dip in revenue collection.
Pakis sending SMS was main source of revenue?
DCs asked to set-up internet kiosks for filing GST returns

Nishikant Khajuria
JAMMU, Nov 19: Worried over considerable dip in the revenue collections for the last three months because of no internet connectivity in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Government has asked all the Deputy Commissioners to allow the people filing of GST returns through internet kiosks in their offices.
In a communiqué, issued today by the Finance Department , the Deputy Commissioners have been requested that the access to the internet kiosks located in their offices may be allowed to the tax filers for at-least 10 days from tomorrow.
“Kindly facilitate the filing of GST returns through internet kiosks located in your offices on 20th of this month with necessary safeguards, which is the due date of filing of GST returns,” read the communiqué, addressed to all the Deputy Commissioners of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pertinent to mention that internet kiosks have been established in the offices of all the Deputy Commissioners to facilitate people in Jammu and Kashmir where the mobile internet connectivity has been snapped since August 5, 2019, before abrogation of Article 370 and re-organization of the erstwhile State of J&K into two Union Territories.
In the absence of internet connectivity in the Union Territory of J&K, the tax payers have not been able to file the GST returns, particularly GSTR 3B on time since 2019.
Although the date of filing of returns was extended till October 20, 2019, in view of the representations received from the tax filers, the percentage of the returns filed during this period has been abysmally low.
Official sources told the Excelsior that only around 40 percent returns due for this period have been filed so far. Given that the continuous extension in the date of filing of returns has led to blockade of revenue, both cash and IGST settlement, there has been considerable dip in the revenue collection for the past three months, sources added.
In order to address the obtaining situation, the Finance Department today asked all the Deputy Commissioners to facilitate the filing of GST returns through the internet kiosks located in their offices from tomorrow with necessary safeguards.
“Also, as even the returns for the month of July, August and September have not been filed by all the tax payers, it is requested that the access to the internet kiosks located in your offices may be allowed to the tax filers for at-least 10 days from November 20 to 30, 2019,” read the communication.

Good to see that they now have time to worry about these secondary and tertiary problems... Situation Naaaarmal.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

India Todin (Dips***t Turdesai!!!) says Situation Naaaarmal even in KV. Exams brought out the students: 99% attendance.
EVery time I see the street realities of Cash More I gnash my incisors: India has POURED money into this place, to bring the standards up to first world and beyond. Don't know if there is ANY place in India this posh. Still all they do is gripe!
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

UlanBatori wrote: I will be looking 4 ur book. Broject (one of many) is to debunk the dhimmi notion that in 1962 Indian Army "lost" the war to the Chinese PeeEllAy.
What few people understand about Aksai Chin is that most of the territory under Chinese occupation was occupied well before 1962.
The road connecting Xinjiang with Tibet (now Highway 219), which is in the middle of Aksai Chin, was constructed between 1951 and 1957.
Almost all the fighting in the 62 war was in Arunachal. The fighting in Ladakh was mostly platoon level with isolated posts being attacked.
C company of 13 Kumaon at Rezang La was the largest action. By the war's end, the Chinese had advanced upto their claim line - which was between 5 to 40 km from their starting positions of 1962. Between that claim line (current LAC) and the starting point of the Chinese, there were only those isolated posts that the Chinese had to take. The PLA lost a third of the fighting strength of an entire infantry brigade trying to overcome C company at Rezang La.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

India has POURED money into this place, to bring the standards up to first world and beyond
Maybe the schools could have daily small tests too. After all the students need to study no just going to tuition from Kindergarten isn't enough.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

UlanBatori wrote: EVery time I see the street realities of Cash More I gnash my incisors: India has POURED money into this place, to bring the standards up to first world and beyond. Don't know if there is ANY place in India this posh. Still all they do is gripe!
The reason for any support to terror not economical. It is ideological. Jihadi madarasa education and jihadi Friday teachings continued for decades without any one from out side even realizing what is being propagated there.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

^ Its a battle of perception. Ask any Muslim of Kashmir and he will bitterly complain that GOI has only looted them.
A part of problem is that previous govts let these muslims at the mercy of local leaders and the only way those folks could keep their chair by creating atmosphere of deprived Abdul, anger and sense of victimhood.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

masterful speech by mota bhai in RS today..... roasted and toasted the opposition. drowned them under a avalance of numbers and stats. looks like for the opposition the yardstick of normalcy is return of mobile internet !!!!
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Yagnasri wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: EVery time I see the street realities of Cash More I gnash my incisors: India has POURED money into this place, to bring the standards up to first world and beyond. Don't know if there is ANY place in India this posh. Still all they do is gripe!
The reason for any support to terror not economical. It is ideological. Jihadi madarasa education and jihadi Friday teachings continued for decades without any one from out side even realizing what is being propagated there.
totally true... jamat captured all the mosques..and social media was used to inflame passion. quite a few years back i took a sumo for gulmarg. as we approached the sumo, the driver shut off the stereo in the sumo. but i thought i heard something inflammatory ..so when the driver went away for a while i opened the stereo and lo behold there was a fiery speech on jehad etc..this was many years ago.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

manjgu wrote:
Yagnasri wrote:
totally true... jamat captured all the mosques..and social media was used to inflame passion. quite a few years back i took a sumo for gulmarg. as we approached the sumo, the driver shut off the stereo in the sumo. but i thought i heard something inflammatory ..so when the driver went away for a while i opened the stereo and lo behold there was a fiery speech on jehad etc..this was many years ago.
Anantnag is worse, was there last winter. The locals call it Islamabad,
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

The railway line, from Baramulla to Srinagar to Banihal is ready. Jammu to Katra is also ready. All we need to is the last leg , the Banihal to Katra is under construction. where of the total, 111 kms, about 97 kms is tunnels. Then there is a major bridge across Chenab, that is termed to be the tallest, arch way bridge in the world. The Chenab Bridge alone has costed 1250 crores.

All this good money from central funds!

The extension, of the Northern Electric Grid, from jalandar, across, pir panjal, has alone costed us, about 3000 crores. Streilite the contractor had to bring in a heli crane for the first time to complete the work on the electric pylons.

All this done, and you have, KMs, those entitled ********, saying, things like, you are just returning the electricity generated from our land....!
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Pouring in money doesn’t help - in J&K or in the red states of America subsidized by the blue states, or the extreme-pro-Brexit towns in Wales that are swimming in European Union subsidies. In a way that is good - it means self-respect remains. What people need are the opportunities to make it for themselves, and not free money.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

pankajs wrote:Was this posted ... Why was this not implemented before, especially with Baki TV.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/c ... 2019-11-18
Centre bans content from Muslim nations on television in J&K
Cable TV operators in J&K have been warned against broadcasting any content from private TV channels based in Muslim nations like Iran, Pakistan, Turkey and Malaysia.

<snip>

Cable TV operators had suffered reverses in business after the clampdown on television services, among others, in wake of the August 5 abrogation of Article 370 in the erstwhile state of Jammu & Kashmir. The lockdown on broadcasting was subsequently lifted on August 20.
No such thing has been done neither would it be legal. They have uploaded a copy of the notice, it doesn’t mention any country, religion or program. Just generic warning to follow govt regulations when broadcasting contents.

Shame on India Today editors.....
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

But but but... India Todin editors are actually starting to practise thinking: go EZ on them.
Let's see... Who flouts Indian societal and government norms, hain?
I ONCE (and emphasis on ONCE) traveled on Gulf Air, and observed the general behavior of the gentle passengers for many hours. To their credit, quite soon they were united in yelling, with fist raised and all:
CLOSE DOWN GULF AIR!!
CLOSE DOWN GULF AIR!!

This was way back. 1980s. A different time. Gone With The Wind.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Any update on the Rutgers Kashmir Hindu event?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

UlanBatori wrote:Any update on the Rutgers Kashmir Hindu event?
looks like it was moved from Rutgers to a temple due to pressure from Bakis, islamists, and scum liberals
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Wow! Glad it was not cancelled though. This needs to be widely publicized under RUTGERS BIGOTS OBSTRUCT PRESENTATION ON ISLAMIC TERRORISM AND GENOCIDE AGAINST HINDUS.

Then again, see what happened at People's Republic of Berkekey to much more powerful entities.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Surfing on net:
Islamists and Leftists outrage as Rutgers University hosts Vivek Agnihotri to speak about the plight of Kashmiri Pandits

There are some junk articles ..(url not given here, one can google don't want to give them a hit)
"Why is Rutgers University hosting an Islamophobe and a sexual predator to talk about Kashmir?"types..

Tweets from known NaPak Worshipers like :https://twitter.com/AudreyTruschke/stat ... 30176?s=20
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Amber G. it looks like in your country, free speech is not so free anymore.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ Land of the free, home of the brave. No doubt about it :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Zulfikar Majid of Deccan Herald reports as below (suppressing the agony of seeing Cash-more becoming normalised).
J&K: Confusion prevails as life limps back to normalcy
For Showkat Ahmed, a grocery store owner in a prominent marketplace in Srinagar, November has finally brought “some signs of good business.” With the shutdown shrinking in Kashmir with each passing day, now his shop remains open from morning till 3 pm when the shutters suddenly roll down and market goes off for the day. {Yeah, when winter sets in who would open shops till mid night?}
Call it fate of coincidence, soon after Girish Chandra Murmu was sworn in as the Lieutenant Governor of union territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir on October 31, much to the surprise of many, life started getting back to normal in the militancy infested region, with the three months of shutdown, fading away fast. {Okay, so GC Marmu's appointment was quite appropriate one. Thanks!} 8)
A Kashmir University student on the condition of anonymity said return of normalcy is “only optics.” “It’s only a lull before the storm because had it been normalcy our university would have opened for class work, but the reality that government is apprehensive of letting students assemble,” he told DH. {Has to say that without revealing identity, so that past "stone throwing" experience does not get known} :evil:
The enforcement has been no strict that public assemblages were even not allowed for religious events like Bakr-Eid and the recent birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Muslim dominated region. {Standard whine. We are cash-more minded minority community onlee..} :rotfl:
The separatist leaders on the other hand have been maintaining silence. Interestingly, while the former CMs are behind that bars, Kashmir’s head priest and senior separatist leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has been living at his cozy villa on the banks of Dal lake. { :twisted: Time to inform the Pakis about this chap. Is he a double agent?}

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

XPost

‪America's Top Islamist Network Pledges Support to Pro-Jihad Kashmir Leader https://www.investigativeproject.org/81 ... g.twitter‬
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Answer every question raised on restrictions imposed in Kashmir: SC to J&K administration - India News https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/s ... 2019-11-21
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Amit Baruah in the Hindu
https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/ ... 938507.ece
In one stroke, the BJP government decimated the pro-India constituency in Kashmir in early August when it ended, through the parliamentary route, Jammu and Kashmir’s special status.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

A_Gupta wrote:Amit Baruah in the Hindu
https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/ ... 938507.ece
In one stroke, the BJP government decimated the pro-India constituency in Kashmir in early August when it ended, through the parliamentary route, Jammu and Kashmir’s special status.

If this constituency was so fragile and weak then it wasn't really on our side.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

What does “on our side” mean? Is Shiv Sena “on our side”?

Is Leh “on our side”?
Ladakh environmentalist and Magsaysay award winner Sonam Wangchuk, said that Ladakhis were beginning to compare their treatment by India to that of Tibetans in China.

Ladakh environmentalist and Magsaysay award winner Sonam Wangchuk has raised fears about a separatist movement rearing its head in the newly created Union Territory if its people’s concerns about their identity and environment are not addressed.

The Leh engineer said that Ladakhis were beginning to compare their treatment by India to that of Tibetans in China.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegr ... id/1721086
Last edited by A_Gupta on 22 Nov 2019 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

A_Gupta wrote:What does “on our side” mean? Is Shiv Sena “on our side”?
It means it is/was like the mythical Yeti. Supposedly powerful, yet nary a squeak.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

does rashida taleb know where exactly kashmir is in world map? then why the hell is she retweeting some random pakistani for his struggle for kashmiri..well the answer is ....
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

CJJ&K condoms delay in disposing of cases; adjourns court and goes back to (zzzzzzzzzzzzzz never mind)
Weekly progress reports sought from all PD&SJ
*Issues fresh directions to Judicial Officers of both UTs

Mohinder Verma

JAMMU, Nov 21: Chief Justice of common High Court for the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Justice Gita Mittal today conveyed her displeasure over delay in the disposal of old cases to the Judicial Officers and asked them to leave no stone unturned to ensure justice as expeditiously as possible. Moreover, she has explicitly told the Principal District and Sessions Judges that they shall be held personally responsible if the situation fails to improve considerably in next few months. {ooooo! "Sure I have been called "RESPONSIBLE". Every time something went wrong, my previous boss told me I was "Responsible!"}
Reliable sources in the Jammu wing of the High Court told EXCELSIOR that Chief Justice Gita Mittal and first Puisne Judge Justice Rajesh Bindal held meeting with all the Judicial Officers of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh through video-conference :roll: especially on the pendency of old cases.
Registrar General High Court, Principal Secretary to the Chief Justice, Registrar Judicial, Registrar Rules, Registrar Inspection and Director State Judicial Academy were also present in the video-conference.
She conveyed her displeasure over inordinate delay in disposal of civil as well as criminal cases, which are pending for the past more than 10 years, {Oh! THAT new!!} to all the Judicial Officers and dubbed the situation as ‘alarming’, sources said, adding the concern of Justice Gita Mittal was genuine as ever since she took over as Chief Justice of J&K High Court numerous instructions were issued to the Judicial Officers through formal circulars about expeditious disposal of 20 years old, 10 years old and 5 years old cases.
It is pertinent to mention here that Supreme Court has a number of times issued directions to the High Courts across the country for prompt disposal of such cases as delay amounts to denying justice to the parties and erodes faith of the common masses on the judiciary. :rotfl:
Not only instructions through formal circulars issued by the Registrar General of the J&K High Court even Action Plans were formulated from time to time and forwarded to the Principal District and Sessions Judges for onward submission to the Judicial Officers in their respective jurisdictions for strict compliance. Even mechanism for meeting targets fixed in the Action Plans was shared with them but the situation has not improved up to the desired level, sources said.
Making it clear that further slackness would not be tolerated, the Chief Justice, as per the sources, issued directions for prompt disposal of those cases which are pending during the past over 10 years by conducting trial on day-to-day basis. She explicitly told the Principal District and Sessions Judges to personally monitor progress in such cases and furnish weekly reports failing which they shall be held responsible.
She has asked for according utmost priority to those criminal cases in which accused are in custody for the past quite long time. “Prolonged custody of accused due to inordinate delay in disposal of such cases amounts to violation of their fundamental rights”, sources said quoting Chief Justice’s observation.
Justice Mittal has also asked all the Judicial Officers to burn mid-night oil to study such cases in advance and to ensure prompt disposal on the dates of hearing. “The Chief Justice’s directions and instructions are aimed at ensuring speedy justice and will go a long way in strengthening the faith of the common masses on the judiciary”, sources said.
Pointing towards the disposal of 35 years old murder case by Principal District and Sessions Judge Baramulla few days back, the Chief Justice, as per the sources, asked all the Judicial Officers to adopt similar approach in all the civil and criminal cases pending for the past over 10 years.
{What did Hizzoner do? Shoot them all?}
It was shared with the Judicial Officers that out of 10 cases, which were pending for the past over 20 years in Baramulla, eight have already been disposed off and remaining two will be settled in shortest possible time.
According to the sources, some Judicial Officers attributed delay in disposal of cases to the frequent strikes by the lawyers and seeking of repeated adjournments by them. “For prompt disposal of cases lawyers’ cooperation is essential”, sources said quoting the point raised by some Judicial Officers.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

I'm so very proud to announce that Dr. Truschke decided to block me from following her tweets!
Amber G. wrote:Surfing on net:
Islamists and Leftists outrage as Rutgers University hosts Vivek Agnihotri to speak about the plight of Kashmiri Pandits

There are some junk articles ..(url not given here, one can google don't want to give them a hit)
"Why is Rutgers University hosting an Islamophobe and a sexual predator to talk about Kashmir?"types..

Tweets from known NaPak Worshipers like :https://twitter.com/AudreyTruschke/stat ... 30176?s=20
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What is gained by blocking someone from following? I don't have any teetar, but am perfectly able to read twits, so just curious. Has this truschke bibi ever come mug to mug with the other bibi who was blocked from Berkeleystan? That barking contest must be something to watch.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Dang! This forum is going downhill onlee. I come here after hajaar ghante, and what do I find? Last post by Ulan Batori. UGH!!! :(( Where are all the bissing contests, hain?
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

UBCN is the only news network I follow these days.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

:mrgreen: May your goats eat only the best quality Notices of Shutdown put out by the terrorists.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Train service picking up.
I always wanted to go on one of the diesel-engined trains across valleys with snow-capped peaks all round.. Saw the pics in The Railway Story Book someone brought from the Yoo Ess when I was Age 0.
I thought I would have to take the trans-Canadian / Rocky Mountains trains, but these J&K train images are stunning. Do they have feeding cars as well I wonder.
There were 14 train services today and 16 services will begin daily from tomorrow onwards between various stations on the railway line in Kashmir, they said. Due to the demand of commuters, the railways increased the frequency of trains and also extended the timing of the service between different stations on the Baramulla-Banihal railway line, the officials said. The rail service was partially resumed in Kashmir — between Baramulla and Srinagar — on November 12 and later fully on November 17.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

UlanBatori wrote:Train service picking up.
I always wanted to go on one of the diesel-engined trains across valleys with snow-capped peaks all round.. Saw the pics in The Railway Story Book someone brought from the Yoo Ess when I was Age 0.
I thought I would have to take the trans-Canadian / Rocky Mountains trains, but these J&K train images are stunning. Do they have feeding cars as well I wonder.
Haven't done the train, but the drive along the wide and fast Jammu-Srinagar highway (after the Jawahar tunnel) and then upto Gulmarg, or Sonmarg, is also worth doing. Reassuring presence of a lot of RR units along the road. Felt good to exchange a `Jai Hind' with them.