2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by chetak »

watch aftaf hussain on Indian TV.

This is the true nature of the paki

next will be a fervent appeal to the GoI by mohajir no: double zero middle one, the one and onlee musharraf, holed up and covering under a bed in dubai :mrgreen:

twitter
This is what Hurriyat & Political Leaders of Kashmir will be doing on Indian News Channels 70 Years later if India gives #Kashmir to Punjabi Army of Pakistan. Smart people learn from Other’s mistakes.
https://twitter.com/DefensiveOffenc/sta ... 8789723136

@AltafHussain_90 explaining the Plight of Hindu Girls in Pakistan & How Sindhi Landlords in Cahoots with Pakistan Army abducts Hindu Girls & Forcibly Convert them to Islam. He also Appeals to Indian Muslims not to do anything against India & Pray for Mohajirs.
https://twitter.com/DefensiveOffenc/sta ... 5598277632
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I finally understood the core "Hindus" from now like the SS. Blame everything in RSS/BJP and cooperate with the very people they complain about. Wonder how many of these cooperated with the Ghaznis Goris and Aurangazebs.

They know that in the long term only a moderate approach will work but want popular leaders to be wiped out so that they can constantly complain and go about thier business.

All this while SS has been talking like these core Hindutvadis, let's see what they implement in MH.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Marathi media is saying only 35 MLAs attended the NCP meeting. Others were MLCs.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

watch video

twitter

I am surprised that you are SHOCKED to see @rahulkanwal behave like this. Believe me dear, these so-called journos know which side of toast has butter and who is paying for this butter! The name of institution matters the most - BHU vs. JNU, go figure...

See how Mr. @rahulkanwal Treats and Meets.

https://twitter.com/rohit_chahal/status ... 1468915712
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjayc wrote:Ajit Pawar has been removed as NCP Legislative Party leader
How can he be "removed" and by whom.

He was voted in by a majority of the NCP legislators and has to be voted out by them, no

He has the power to issue a whip as the NCP Legislative Party leader.

If his whip is not followed, the MLAs not following can be disqualified

Where is the confirmed news that he has been sacked as the NCP Legislative Party leader.

or is the process different from what I have understood.

Happy to be corrected.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Katare wrote: Max Muller’s work that I have read comes out as one of the most pro Hindu/India work ever written.
I share this view. My uncle translated his two works "India what it can teach" and "Six systems", and I did the editing, fact checking and background research. Which means I had to think about all nuances of the text to verify that the intended idea gets to Malayalam. Based on that, I can assert that his words are not that of a xtian supremacist, but that of a genuine admirer.

Acharya Narendra Bhushan, the well known vedic scholar, titled him "Moksha Muulara Bhatta of Sharmanya Desa" and quoted some of his views about advaitha.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

After BHU SVDV controversy, Dr Firoz Khan applies for Ayurveda Department, interview on 29th November: Read details

NOVEMBER 23, 2019

For the past fortnight, students of the Dharma Vigyan Department have been protesting against the appointment of a Muslim professor in SVDV. It seems their protest has been paid heed to. Dr Firoz Khan has now applied to the Ayurveda Department of BHU. His interview is set to be held on the 29th of November 2019.

sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

chetak wrote:
sanjayc wrote:Ajit Pawar has been removed as NCP Legislative Party leader

He was voted in by a majority of the NCP legislators and has to be voted out by them, no

Where is the confirmed news that he has been sacked as the NCP Legislative Party leader.

Happy to be corrected.
NCP sacks Ajit Pawar as legislature unit leader, says he can't issue whip

The NCP on Saturday evening removed Ajit Pawar as the party's legislature unit leader after he joined hands with the BJP and took oath as the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra.

Ajit Pawar's actions defied the party's policies, said a resolution passed at the legislature wing's meeting here, attended by party supremo Sharad Pawar.

State NCP chief Jayant Patil will have all the constitutional rights till the next legislature party leader is elected, it said.

The meeting, convened by Pawar after the dramatic developments of the morning, was attended by 49 of 54 party MLAs, and the party expected remaining legislators to join them, sources said.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 201037.cms
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

Dileep wrote:
Katare wrote: Max Muller’s work that I have read comes out as one of the most pro Hindu/India work ever written.
I share this view. My uncle translated his two works "India what it can teach" and "Six systems", and I did the editing, fact checking and background research. Which means I had to think about all nuances of the text to verify that the intended idea gets to Malayalam. Based on that, I can assert that his words are not that of a xtian supremacist, but that of a genuine admirer.

Acharya Narendra Bhushan, the well known vedic scholar, titled him "Moksha Muulara Bhatta of Sharmanya Desa" and quoted some of his views about advaitha.
Dileepji - Both can be true. Max Mueller could be a genuine india admirer and like ubji says manage his east india company bosses with his Lutheran background and get paid non trivial amounts of money. Please take a look at the letters written by Max Mueller himself. When I say IEDs are hidden in his works . Here is an example from wikipedia :
For Müller, the culture of the Vedic peoples represented a form of nature worship, an idea clearly influenced by Romanticism.
Müller shared many of the ideas associated with Romanticism, which coloured his account of ancient religions, in particular his emphasis on the formative influence on early religion of emotional communion with natural forces. He saw the gods of the Rig-Veda as active forces of nature, only partly personified as imagined supernatural persons. From this claim Müller derived his theory that mythology is "a disease of language".

By this he meant that myth transforms concepts into beings and stories. In Müller's view, "gods" began as words constructed to express abstract ideas, but were transformed into imagined personalities. Thus the Indo-European father-god appears under various names: Zeus, Jupiter, Dyaus Pita.
For Müller all these names can be traced to the word "Dyaus", which he understood to imply "shining" or "radiance". This leads to the terms "deva", "deus", "theos" as generic terms for a god, and to the names "Zeus" and "Jupiter" (derived from deus-pater). In this way a metaphor becomes personified and ossified. This aspect of Müller's thinking was later explored similarly by Nietzsche.
The line of reasoning went like this : Rigveda is similar to other romanticists...mythology is a disease of language...it is indo-European...Jupiter zeus deva are all metaphors...

In my opinion Max Mueller succeeded in making the west hear what they wanted to hear and the east hear what they wanted to hear and got paid well.

Thanks to you and google scholar, I am reading the six systems now. Please note that I don't doubt the sincerity of your uncle's work , other vedic scholars or your translations. I would want to see malayalam works comparing rigveda to other romanticism philosophers ( from 1800 - again one can't blame max Mueller who relates to what he grew up with )and have comparison - but indian authors seldom spend time on purva paksha. I am happy to be corrected if such a work exists.
Last edited by Kaivalya on 24 Nov 2019 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Intriguingly no editorial in Saamana (SS mouthpiece) on yesterday's development. Usually the paper is full of verbal diarrhea when they are crossed.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Can't blame good old Mulie writing so to his SHQ!! If someone says he never 'explained it differently*' to the wife in his life, he is 'explaining it differently' to us onlee.

*future BRF dictionary entry for 'lying'
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

that raut guy saying he has 49 ncp mla support. 5 down from earlier numbers. The alliance is good as gone at this point. what a surgical strike!
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Of course I had been plenty accused of a 'beef eating' 'commie voting' 'RoL loving' 'sikular' 'entitled' maloo in the past. But honestly, my door opener to the real hindu philosophy was via the "Six Systems". One reason being, having volunteered for the job, I had to put in honest hard work to understand it.

Also, I am not sure about others, but I tend to take things positively and constructively onlee.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Ashish Shelar, BJP: They say the swearing-in was done in the darkness of the night. We are people who go to 'shakha' early morning and that is 'Ram Prahar' (time) as per our belief. How would they, who forgot lord Ram, understand the importance of 'Ram Prahar'? #Maharashtra
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

Dileep wrote:Of course I had been plenty accused of a 'beef eating' 'commie voting' 'RoL loving' 'sikular' 'entitled' maloo in the past. But honestly, my door opener to the real hindu philosophy was via the "Six Systems". One reason being, having volunteered for the job, I had to put in honest hard work to understand it.

Also, I am not sure about others, but I tend to take things positively and constructively onlee.
Dileepji - The weakness is to take things constructively and positively onlee :eek: Again please don't focus on real hindu philosophy; that is what we do all the time - try this for a change :
Max Muller set the date of Rig Veda at only 1200 B.C. under Christen faith. The Christian belief current in those days was that the world was created at 9 A.M. on 23rd. October 4004 B.C. Bishop Ussher had declared it as the date of creation. The Holy Bible says that the human race began with Adam and Eve. Since their most direct descendents were among the Semitic tribe, Hebrew had to be the oldest language, then how can the Aryans be the possessors of the oldest culture? As no position is acceptable, lowering their culture, so the Vedic culture has to be of a later date and time. The cause of such facile conclusion and tailored theories, ignoring the facts of available history, was their commitment to Christianity.
And for more fun letters/lectures :https://raganugaprembhakti.wordpress.co ... c-culture/

Again, this happened systematically undetected for a while. Ever wonder why you had to translate a hindu work from German to malayalam. I am sure there were easier sources for the six systems than German or english work :roll:

Apologies to others - sorry to derail this thread
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Independent newspaper The Telegraph

Uddhav going to form govt with Congress-NCP is 'Milestone Ties'

Fadnavis becoming CM with Ajit Power means 'We The Idiots'

Vidur
BRFite

Post by Vidur »

Kaivalya wrote:
Dileep wrote:Of course I had been plenty accused of a 'beef eating' 'commie voting' 'RoL loving' 'sikular' 'entitled' maloo in the past. But honestly, my door opener to the real hindu philosophy was via the "Six Systems". One reason being, having volunteered for the job, I had to put in honest hard work to understand it.

Dileepji - The weakness is to take things constructively and positively onlee :eek: Again please don't focus on real hindu philosophy; that is what we do all the time - try this for a change :
Max Muller set the date of Rig Veda at only 1200 B.C. under Christen faith. The Christian belief current in those days was that the world was created at 9 A.M. on 23rd. October 4004 B.C. Bishop Ussher had declared it as the date of creation. The Holy Bible says that the human race began with Adam and Eve. Since their most direct descendents were among the Semitic tribe, Hebrew had to be the oldest language, then how can the Aryans be the possessors of the oldest culture? As no position is acceptable, lowering their culture, so the Vedic culture has to be of a later date and time. The cause of such facile conclusion and tailored theories, ignoring the facts of available history, was their commitment to Christianity.
And for more fun letters/lectures :https://raganugaprembhakti.wordpress.co ... c-culture/

Again, this happened systematically undetected for a while. Ever wonder why you had to translate a hindu work from German to malayalam. I am sure there were easier sources for the six systems than German or english work :roll:

Apologies to others - sorry to derail this thread
Principles of Calculus were first written not in German or in English and not even in Sanskrit but in Malyalam ! The Kerala School of Mathematics floruished after Muslim invasions in North destroyed centres of learning. They Hindus ie they did not eat Beef. All Kerala Kings explictly said to incomers to Kerala not to eat beef - from Vasco Da Gama to Muslim traders. Beef eating in Kerala is a 100% colonial tradition - linked directly to destruction of Kerala School of Mathematics, Kalaripayattu and Sanskrit.

Please see this excellent video on Indian Science made by Dr Melissa Kapoor wife of one your colleagues. Strongly recommend seeing her youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPgkXA-FWrs&t=348s
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@tavleen singh. The wrath and venom of a lootyens hack scorned

syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

chetak wrote:
'We The Idiots' :(( :((
We the idiots - means they are the idiots. :lol: That guy is in self-flagellation mode. It's about time we confine their bhashan to their little bubble. gone are the days they used to have first word in. now as influencial as those who cry at the end of the street. people moved on. they still stuck in the glorious days of '00s
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

A M Singhvi appearing for Congress and NCP tells SC that of the 54 NCP MLAs, 41 signed a letter sent to Governor and declared removal of Ajit Pawar as NCP legislature party chief.
here the number is 13.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

more @ tavleen singh, the 70 year old paki pasand vish kanya

This is Her Majesty @tavleen_singh 's paraphrases for the "Elite" Look what are her gripes. All underlined ones are considered a virtue but in her dictionary they are.... BTW! She wants exclusivity for a particular faith.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

syam wrote:
A M Singhvi appearing for Congress and NCP tells SC that of the 54 NCP MLAs, 41 signed a letter sent to Governor and declared removal of Ajit Pawar as NCP legislature party chief.
here the number is 13.

twitter

Balasaheb was disenfranchised from his voting rights for 6 yrs citing 'provocative' speeches. Congress legal lobby was forefront against him. Today Italian family's legal bouncers Sibal/Singhvi are his son's lawyers
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Abhishek Manu Singhvi, advocate on record for the NCP is admitting in the SC that ajit pawar has the support of 42-43 MLAs

ANI Verified account @ANI

Abhishek Manu Singhvi, appearing for NCP and Congress, says in Supreme Court, "How come Ajit Pawar becomes the Deputy CM with the support of only around 42-43 seats? It is the murder of democracy." #Maharashtra

10:31 PM - 23 Nov 2019
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjayc wrote:
chetak wrote:

Happy to be corrected.
NCP sacks Ajit Pawar as legislature unit leader, says he can't issue whip

The NCP on Saturday evening removed Ajit Pawar as the party's legislature unit leader after he joined hands with the BJP and took oath as the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra.

Ajit Pawar's actions defied the party's policies, said a resolution passed at the legislature wing's meeting here, attended by party supremo Sharad Pawar.

State NCP chief Jayant Patil will have all the constitutional rights till the next legislature party leader is elected, it said.

The meeting, convened by Pawar after the dramatic developments of the morning, was attended by 49 of 54 party MLAs, and the party expected remaining legislators to join them, sources said.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 201037.cms
twitter

#Breaking Legitimate NCLP leader will issue whip and it will be obeyed by MLAs to avoid disqualification:Sources
Note the word "Legitimate" Even they concede that NCLP change is not legitimate since there was no numbers for it

10:31 AM - 23 Nov 2019
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

That was quick NDTV- From Senior NCP leader to scam-tainted Maharashtra leader.

Now waiting for Ravish Kumar to do prime time debate on Ajit Pawar’s corruption :mrgreen:

twitter
This is the Style Guide - Learn RWers

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

First time in History.. 3 parties did a post-poll alliance to sit in opposition
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Image :((
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

chetak wrote:Abhishek Manu Singhvi, advocate on record for the NCP is admitting in the SC that ajit pawar has the support of 42-43 MLAs

ANI Verified account @ANI

Abhishek Manu Singhvi, appearing for NCP and Congress, says in Supreme Court, "How come Ajit Pawar becomes the Deputy CM with the support of only around 42-43 seats? It is the murder of democracy." #Maharashtra

10:31 PM - 23 Nov 2019
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/sc-says-i ... for-monday

Congress counsel Abhishek Manu Singhvi told the Supreme Court as to how can Ajit Pawar become the deputy chief minister when 41 of 54 elected Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) members signed a document at 3.30 pm on 22 November. These MLAs said Ajit Pawar is not NCP legislative party leader.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Could it be that Ajit has pulled the rug under the feet of so called 'Maratha Strongman' leaving him smarting. After all there is always someone better and more ambitious.
If you look at the strategic situation, what is in it for Sharad Pawar by joining NDA or letting his party support BJP in Maha. He gains nothing, whereas with Thackrey, He gets to pull the strings in the govt. Knowing NM, I don't think Pawar would have been offered any relief in ED cases in lieu of support. Rather this meeting made NM and AS go for the juggler.

Don't believe that Pawar was really hankering after a cabinet berth for himself or his daughter.
I still believe that he was caught unaware by the fast changing events in the night or was fed incorrect information in the fog before the expected victory dance by Udhav and Raut.
Why would he want to tar SS when SS and BJP had similar vote bank. He would have gained not much from SS vote bank but instead handed it over to BJP in a platter.

Like NTR, He has been upsmarted by one of his own and if DF govt survives the floor test, SP may never recover from this jolt.
Ajit Pawar had been in kop-bhavan sulking over Sule getting more limelight and bandwidth than him and he probably feared becoming a non-entity like M.K.Alagiri soon hence the move.

Again with a big "IF", If DF sarkaar survives for next few years, SS will lose BMC ownership too leaving them with no source of corrupt money.
Last edited by Vikas on 24 Nov 2019 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Hope last point comes true. Mumbai if it has to become a financial capital, it badly needs good basic infra. Too much corruption as left Mumbai's infra in a pathetic situation.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

@Tweeter_wapsi

So considering all the details which has emerged till now on NCP split, the breakup of MLAs is like this:

- Hardcore Sharad camp: 11
- Hardcore Ajit camp: 13
- बिन पेंदी के लोटे: 30

These 30 were with Ajit yesterday morning. Attended Sharad's meeting in evening.
Makes sense. So why were those 30 not secured?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The courts have asked for documents tomorrow. The earliest the court could order floor test is on Tuesday.

Whether Pawarful is playing or got played or BJP was farting will be clear by 30th Nov. at the latest. Till then watch the drama.

However, what is surprising is that the Sena/NCP/CON were not ready to file support letter with the Maha. Gov. or the SC and put BJP on the mat. They could have busted BJPs claim today itself instead of going all verbal and lawyerly. Or could have paraded their MLAs infront of the media or Governor or Rastraprati. That does not smell right.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Peregrine »

Theories why nephew broke with uncle

HEADLIGHTS

- The ED case against him can now be made to go away or at least put in cold storage with the BJP’s help

- In the battle for the Pawar legacy/constituency, he felt this was the best way to get ahead of his uncle’s daughter, Supriya Sule

NEW DELHI: No one, except for Ajit Pawar himself and those in his innermost circle, can tell for sure why he revolted against his uncle Sharad and joined forces with the BJP at the last minute. In the absence of a definitive reason, political analysts have little option but to fall back on theories. Here are a few:

* The ED case against him can now be made to go away or at least put in cold storage with the BJP’s help

* In the battle for the Pawar legacy/constituency, he felt this was the best way to get ahead of his uncle’s daughter,Supriya Sule

* Sharad Pawar didn’t choose him for dy CM till the last moment (another NCP leader’s name is rumoured to have been proposed)

* Was upset that his son Parth lost in the LS elections because he didn’t have the full backing of the NCP machinery. Also the launch of Sharad Pawar’s grand-nephew Rohit was seen by him as an attempt to scuttle Parth

* He felt Sharad Pawar made an effort to rally the party around himself when ED, at the high court’s instance, included his name among the cooperative bank scam accused, but Ajit was left to fend for himself when he faced similar legal troubles

* He was more comfortable with BJP than Sena right fromthe beginning

* In the past, he was upset when Bhujbal was made deputy CM in 2008. Again, in 2010, when Ashok Chavan resigned as CM after Adarsh, Ajit thought the new CM should be from NCP as the party had more legislators than Congress by then. Congress’s Prithviraj Chavan became CM, and he was made deputy CM.

Cheers Image
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Ajit Pawar: I am in the NCP and shall always be in the NCP and @PawarSpeaks Saheb is our leader.

Our BJP-NCP alliance shall provide a stable Government in Maharashtra for the next five years which will work sincerely for the welfare of the State and its people.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/mvmeet/status/1198185263588995072
Mahesh Vikram Hegde
@mvmeet
25 years back Modi ji clearly explained how the Saffron party will defeat its enemies,

Using the friends of enemies!
Listen up all guys! Listen to this and just keep quiet ...

This is WAR. On this war front, we have to play our part. We have to let people know that Congress is going down. In the beginning, party workers will have doubts but they will understand in the end. Sometimes we have to take the help of Vibhishan.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Ram Vilas Paswan
@irvpaswan
सड़क पर वही जानवर मरता है जो निर्णय नहीं लेता है कि दाएं जाएं या बाएं जाएं।
Animal on the road dies when it can't take a decision to go left or right :rotfl:
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.opindia.com/2019/11/maharas ... -ideology/
BJP has shown ruthlessness in the game of power politics, and it is good for ideology too
Now that brings us to the question of ideology. So ideology has no place in politics? Why should people really support BJP if at the end of the day it is going to behave like any other political party that would go to any length to cling on to power?

A pessimist answer can obviously be that “yes, ideology has no place in modern politics” and that “all political parties are the same”, or as that Aunty in Pakistan had said, “yeh ***** saare mil kay humko paagal bana rahe hain ***** kay bachchay”.

However, it’s not so.

Ideology and politics are related, but they are not synonyms. Ideological battles are very different and distinct from electoral battles, though both are dependent on each other.

Just imagine; the leftist ideology has won all the battles that matter – academia, news media, entertainment media, activism, and judiciary – while they could never win electoral battles beyond two states of India.

The ‘right-wing’ or rather the ‘non-left wing’ of India needs to understand and learn lessons from the left on how these battles were won.

The left-wing doesn’t see it as “compromise” when some aspects of its ideology might lose in electoral battles and they end up allying with the same forces who defeated them. For example, the left lost badly in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections. They had made a nuclear deal a big issue and they had many other disagreements with the Manmohan Singh government of UPA-1. But their ideology was not defeated and it continued to flourish under UPA-2 too.

The left-wing is crystal clear on what it wants – it wants to keep the Hindutva ideology at the margins, preferably vanquished forever. Hindutva is something that seeks to unite bulk of the Indians under one identity, who are otherwise divided along hundreds of sub-identities. These hundreds of sub-identities keep thousands of conflicts alive, and the left desperately needs conflicts to keep their ideology alive. This is one of the reasons why it’s easy to appear “neutral” when you are left-leaning. You’ve hundreds of sides to take to keep thousands of battles alive.

Till the “keep Hindutva out” objective is met, left knows that they are winning and they don’t see it as any compromise. That’s why you hardly saw any “intellectual” ruing murder of democracy or death of ideological politics when Shiv Sena-Congress-NCP government formation was being discussed.

The right-wing needs to have similar clarity of purpose and they need to find those three words like “keep Hindutva out”.
Fighting elections and running a government is the day job of a politician or a political party. They need to be in power to keep themselves alive. Like we need a job regardless of our personal beliefs.

Let us assume that you are vegetarian and want to promote vegetarianism, and you are also desperately looking for a job. If you get a job offer from KFC, will you refuse it? If you take it, will it mean you compromised on your ideology? Or you’d convince yourself that this is just to make sure you are earning regular money, and with that money, you’d take some steps to promote vegetarianism? It is not a perfect analogy, but essentially a political party needs to first survive if it wants to stick to any ideology.

To sum it up, BJP is expected to stick to an ideology and promote it, and they will be judged on that, however, it will be impractical to expect them to be a saint and let go opportunities to be in power. It will also be impractical and self-defeating to put the entire responsibility on a political party to take the ideological battle forward.

In my personal opinion, it is imperative that BJP keeps this ruthless spirit of winning elections and forming governments alive, it is only going to help the ideology even if the party appears to “compromise” on it. By the sheer show of being in power for a long time, not only you frustrate those whose objective is to “keep Hindutva out”, you start giving confidence and hope to people who were just too scared to speak up earlier. That’s how ideologies evolve and become stronger.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The problem with the Left is that their vision of India seems to be that India would be a copy of a European country in culture, with some concessions to quaint Hindu customs. If they formed a truly Indian “left” then they would not be so objectionable.