2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by pankajs »

Here is another BJP loudmouth ..

https://twitter.com/IndianExpress/statu ... 4473009153
The Indian Express @IndianExpress

Not just PoK, Pakistan was also part of Bharat: Vijay Rupani
Instead of administering the state he is making grand geo-political statements. Just becuase Shah made some comments on PoK everyone in BJP now thinks they have license to comment of Bakistan. AND who wants bakistan part of Bharat.

They also allow Bakistani to create narrative on India's ill-will towards them on international forums.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

syam wrote:
pankajs wrote:Shame on you for equating Sadhvi with a nobody CON mla.
Are you having comprehending issue? why go personal?
Do you have a comprehension problem?

AND don't cry when you tactics is used on you.

https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status ... 0556492802
Narendra Modi @narendramodi

Congratulations to Uddhav Thackeray Ji on taking oath as the CM of Maharashtra. I am confident he will work diligently for the bright future of Maharashtra. @OfficeofUT
Moti jee tussi great ho!

https://twitter.com/5Forty3/status/1200050759116525569

Code: Select all

Dr Praveen Patil @5Forty3

Let us also not forget the sheer scale of 2019 victory as Modi led BJP won the greatest mandate since 1957

Media will build up the smallest challenger in the smallest sub-region of a state, for it needs a counterbalance

2019 remains unchallenged
Last edited by pankajs on 29 Nov 2019 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

:rotfl: defending some poor woman is using tactics? the degeneration is complete with this dude.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Now THAT is a nugget of "degenerate" logic. One can see the after effects. :rotfl:

I will admit, I follow BUT never lead on these ratified discussions. My vocabulary is limited and I hope to learn for other esteemed members.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1200047177470377985
ANI @ANI
Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM: Bengal is the cultural capital & Maharashtra has the financial capital of India. In both these states, people have voted against BJP. The fact is that within 5-6 months, after massive Lok Sabha victory, they have been rejected states after states.
Last edited by pankajs on 29 Nov 2019 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

somdev wrote:Even Modiji seems to be happy with Uddhav becoming CM.... he definitely did not like the way DF played to hang on to power!

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pm-modi ... ly-2140356

Moving forward all regional parties will have a say in national politics. SS has shed the vestiges of being a 'number contributor' to NDA and is more assertive on identity politics (primarily marathi manoos). Similar forces will emerge or are emerging elsewhere to counter hegemonic nationalist parties. This is good in a sense there will be further decentralisation of polity to state/region level in Indian union. Odhisa, Bengal, Maharashtra, TN are some of the front runner states which have paved the path. Garga Chatterjee is building up a SS like narrative in West Bengal to converge sub nationalistic sentiment. He has not yet joined the political mainstream. Bengal being a border state and Bengali as a language has a very rich literary tradition and identity that has immensely contributed and influenced India's independence movement. It has been a prime motivator for freedom movement in former East Bengal/Bangladesh is being cited as a galavanising force to break free from the hegemonic grip of polity driven by primarily Hindi heartland states (in Garga's words 'Hindu-Hindi-Hindusthan' agenda). There are many takers for Garga Chatterjee particularly the youth of Bengal ... he is pretty much emulating Balasaheb's model of 60s and sprinkling it with secularism of Uddhavji :)
Wrong!

Modi issues the early morning proclamation to get the President rule revoked. Modi did not like Fadnvis power grab but enable it! Does Fadanavis control Modi or does Modi control Fadnavis?

Rest is wishlist ... theek hai.

Modi is still running rings around people who wish him bad even after so many year in politics! #ModiTusseGreatHo
Last edited by pankajs on 29 Nov 2019 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Welcome to the party.

the return gift may be a present to heavy to bear for these guys.

playing with matches is not for kids.

twitter

Nagpur police delivered to ex-Maha CM Devendra Fadnavis summons issued by a local court in connection with case wherein he is accused of concealing info about two criminal matters against him in election affidavit: Official

11:22 AM - 28 Nov 2019
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

When I first read the news, I was a little sad but I am having second thought now.

No ..no, I don't wish Fadnavis bad or think Modi has abandoned him. Quite the reverse.

Every calamity is also an opportunity! I will not "speculate" further but IF what I "think" will happen comes true, it will be visible to everybody.

I will just say that where Modi might have been cautious in acting before, this act of the new government has enabled him to act more decisively IF and WHEN he chooses without having to worry about the optics because Sena/NCP/CON government has take care of optics!

To that extent the latest Maha gov. act has actually "enabled" Modi. #ModiTusseGreatHo
Last edited by pankajs on 29 Nov 2019 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

somdev wrote:Even Modiji seems to be happy with Uddhav becoming CM.... he definitely did not like the way DF played to hang on to power!
Similar forces will emerge or are emerging elsewhere to counter hegemonic nationalist parties.
Is there any reasoning to claim the bolded part above ?

Modi Ji unlike previous congress PM's is very courteous and professional. I don't see him carrying any political rivalry as personal enemtiy.
It is an open secret that DF is one of those who is being groomed by BJP leadership. Its not like DF got the whole late night party all by himself. I am more willing to believe the WA message floating around which caused BJP to take up the CMship for 3 days.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

ANI
@ANI
·
44m
BJP MP Nishikant Dubey demands to bring privilege motion against Congress MP Rahul Gandhi for calling BJP MP Pragya Thakur a 'terrorist'.
not enough. but right direction. the real culprits should be punished.
ANI
@ANI
·
9m
#WATCH "I apologise If I have hurt any sentiments. My statements being distorted, taken out of context. A member of the House referred to me as 'terrorist' without proof. It is an attack on my dignity," BJP MP Pragya Singh Thakur in Lok Sabha
she gave statement.
Last edited by syam on 29 Nov 2019 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1200011480948707328
ANI @ANI

Eknath Shinde, Shiv Sena: There will be a compulsion & a law will be enacted to ensure 80 percent reservation for locals in the existing & new companies. #Maharashtra
ANI @ANI

Eknath Shinde, Shiv Sena at press conference of 'Maha Vikas Aghadi' (NCP-Congress-Shiv Sena alliance): The Nanar Refinery Project and bullet train project will be taken up in our Cabinet meeting.
https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1200090237747126272
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

Saudi crown prince and UAE crown prince meet in Riyadh; Among other things disc the mega refinary project in Maharashtra whose cost will be now a whopping $70 bn from a previous $44 bn
If Maharashtra does not want it, it can be moved to some other state. Karnataka, a BJP ruled state is just a little down or Gujarat a little up on the same coast. Theek hai.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Hope the translation is correct.

https://twitter.com/rautsanjay61/status ... 8870693888
Sanjay Raut @rautsanjay61

शिवसेना मुख्यमंत्री महोदयांच्या शपथग्रहण सोहोळ्यास आवर्जून उपस्थित राहिल्या बद्दल मा.देवेंद्रजी फडणवीस व मा.चंद्रकांत पाटील यांना मनापासून धन्यवाद.
हे नाते असेच राहू दे.

Translated from Marathi by

Many thanks to Shri Devendraji Fadnavis and Ms Chandrakant Patil for attending the swearing-in ceremony of Shiv Sena Chief Minister. Let the relationship remain that way.
That is exactly how BJP wanted till you decided to change it. Theek hai.

https://twitter.com/bainjal/status/1200094139666141186
Swati Chaturvedi @bainjal

Gandhis Made Their First Mistake Today With New Ally Uddhav Thackeray - NDTV https://ndtv.com/opinion/maharashtra-ga ... ay-2140372 my @ndtv column on the #UddhavThackarey
No ..no ..no ... CON did the right thing. BJP should relax and let this play out.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

#MaharashtraPoliticalDrama Congress wants Home Ministry in Maharashtra because Economic Offence Wing which is investigating Sharad Pawar's cooperative bank scam comes under it by asking for Home Ministry it wants to control NCP
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sorry, duplicate post.
Last edited by chetak on 29 Nov 2019 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^ One reason I wish BJP supporters would relax and njay the show. Lot more to come. Another sample contortions being attempted by all sided to square a circle. The party hasn't even started.

https://twitter.com/milindkhandekar/sta ... 0033312769
Milind Khandekar @milindkhandekar

महाविकास आघाडी सिर्फ़ अंग्रेज़ी में सेक्यूलर है, मराठी में नहीं ?

CMP अंग्रेज़ी मसौदे में संविधान के ‘सेक्यूलर मूल्य’आधार

मराठी मसौदे में संविधान के मूल्य आधार, सेक्यूलर शब्द ग़ायब है जो अंग्रेज़ी में दो बार आता है.

मराठी में भाषा,धर्म, जाति पर भेदभाव नहीं करने की बात आगे है

Translated from Hindi by

Mahavikas Aghadi is secular only in English and not in Marathi? The 'Secular Values' of the Constitution in the CMP English Draft: In the Marathi Draft, the value base of the Constitution is missing, the secular word which appears twice in English. Language, religion, caste are not discriminated against in Marathi.
https://twitter.com/awasthis/status/1200108439541821441
Sumit Awasthi @awasthis

सही पकड़ लिया आपने !! तो स्थानीय (मराठी मानुष) वोटरों के लिये #शिवसेना मूल रूप में और महाराष्ट्र के बाहर की प्रभावकारी जनता के लिये ‘सेक्यूलर’ .. एक तीर से दो शिकार या दो नाव की सवारी ....!!

Translated from Hindi by

You caught it right !! So for the local (Marathi manush) voters #शिवसेना Originally 'secular' for influential people outside and outside Maharashtra .. Two birds or two boat rides with one stone .... !!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

syam wrote:
ANI
@ANI
·
44m
BJP MP Nishikant Dubey demands to bring privilege motion against Congress MP Rahul Gandhi for calling BJP MP Pragya Thakur a 'terrorist'.
not enough. but right direction. the real culprits should be punished.
ANI
@ANI
·
9m
#WATCH "I apologise If I have hurt any sentiments. My statements being distorted, taken out of context. A member of the House referred to me as 'terrorist' without proof. It is an attack on my dignity," BJP MP Pragya Singh Thakur in Lok Sabha
she gave statement.
What rubbish !! What 'Out of Context' apology. Buggers can't even stand up for their own convictions and words.
Meanwhile what else do you expect from a psudo-Jehadi when he calls a Sadhavi, a terrorist. We remember the Hindu terror bogey that the earstwhile Bar maid tried to spread.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Can SS turn secular & Liberal even if it wants to ? Wat exactly would or should UT do to convert SS to such a party especially when we don't have any such party or playbook in India.

PS: When is Valentine days ? #JustAsking
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

WATCH .. the embedded Video

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1200224957059321856
iMac_too @iMac_too

Baptism by fire. None will ask Sonia or Pawar have they abandoned sekoolarism coz they know compromise was done by Uddhav not by the Italian or Fox
WATCH .. CON sly attack on APawar
iMac_too @iMac_too

Fattu @AjitPawarSpeaks' old bete noire @prithvrj is relentless. Not missing any chance to have a go at old foe
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Bye elections in WB are meaningless, 3 Mla's cant unseat Mamata and if those 3 seats did not go to her there would have been 300 deaths in each of the 3 seats. But offcourse the Al Jazeera, BBC and CNN keep quiet on these. China, Pakistan, Qatar , Iran etc. every 2 bit country in the world meddles in our politics and they know which side is good for a weak India.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Chidambaram dares ED to submit ‘even 1 piece of evidence’, ED submits details of 12 back accounts and 12 properties in 16 countries
November 29, 2019
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Raut is claiming he will repeat the Aghadi in Goa as well given that he has met 3 MLAs. Not sure how he thinks he will pull it iff...
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Raut/Sena are getting aggressive on Bullet train/Refinery/Goa/Police case against DF to build pressure on Modi for the time when Uddhav goes to Delhi to get additional funds to loot.

Theek hai.

Not surprising .. given that Sena was willing to dilute everything for power.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

WATCH the whole embedded video ... Sena on NDTV on "Secularism, Hindutva and Hindu Rashtra" on sickular's fav channel. In Hinthi so Sena cannot dodge but will set the cat amongst the sickular pigeons.

Hopefully, NDTV will keep inviting Sena for more such talks.

https://twitter.com/ndtv/status/1200104424305283072
NDTV @ndtv

Watch: "Secularism, Hindutva and Hindu Rashtra are all the same," says Sanjay Gupta, Shiv Sena Spokesperson on what the common minimum programme announced by the Maha Vikas Aghadi. @OnRealityCheck
I don't mind Sena taking this line .. It is the RSS line and if it can make Sonia/CON & sickular fall in line ... bhell more pawar to it!

If that is the plan of Sena all along, bhell, I will request Moti jee to extend all support Sena to for the next 5 years. If Sena can do what Modi could not we will have another Hindtuva pole in India ...only if wishes could be horses.

Mean-e-while
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1200265744426029056
ANI @ANI

RJD Rajya Sabha MP Manoj Jha has given Zero Hour Notice over the need to call a dedicated session 'to discuss the life and values of Gandhi Ji and teach the same to the members of Parliament'. (file pic)
Agasthi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Agasthi »

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pm-modi ... ly-2140356

Moving forward all regional parties will have a say in national politics. SS has shed the vestiges of being a 'number contributor' to NDA and is more assertive on identity politics (primarily marathi manoos). Similar forces will emerge or are emerging elsewhere to counter hegemonic nationalist parties. This is good in a sense there will be further decentralisation of polity to state/region level in Indian union. Odhisa, Bengal, Maharashtra, TN are some of the front runner states which have paved the path. Garga Chatterjee is building up a SS like narrative in West Bengal to converge sub nationalistic sentiment. He has not yet joined the political mainstream. Bengal being a border state and Bengali as a language has a very rich literary tradition and identity that has immensely contributed and influenced India's independence movement. It has been a prime motivator for freedom movement in former East Bengal/Bangladesh is being cited as a galavanising force to break free from the hegemonic grip of polity driven by primarily Hindi heartland states (in Garga's words 'Hindu-Hindi-Hindusthan' agenda). There are many takers for Garga Chatterjee particularly the youth of Bengal ... he is pretty much emulating Balasaheb's model of 60s and sprinkling it with secularism of Uddhavji :)
Somdev, Can you please explain this? What freedom movement in former East Bengal? And, freedom from whom? The last time I checked the only freedom they wanted is to kill and maim Bengali Hindus at leisure. I was just reading articles on various anti-hindu pogroms in East Bengal/Bangladesh (quite horrific to read them) and am trying to understand why bengali hindus like Garge Chatterjee or yourself would seek or receive inspiration from a culture that loathes you.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

One of my favorite readings on Gandhi: (pdf) An Atheist with Gandhi
https://www.mkgandhi.org/ebks/an_atheist.pdf
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Dev_Fadnavis/status ... 1817558016
Devendra Fadnavis @Dev_Fadnavis

In the first Cabinet Meeting of new government, yesterday, they chose to discuss how to prove majority secretly, instead of discussing on how assistance & relief can be given to farmers suffering from unseasonal rains.
If this government has majority...
.. then why are they secretly calling the house?
Why efforts to change the Pro-tem Speaker, going against the rules? Why still doubt your own MLAs so much?
Why are they still hiding them?
On simple arithmetic the Sena alliance is well over the half way mark. Folks .. further confirmation that all in NOT bhell in Pawarful family. AP was restrained from taking oath as D-CM before the floor test. BJP did land serious blows to Pawarful. This has not been a one sided match nor a match fixing between BJP/NCP or SP/AP either. We are still discovering the shape/form of the jolt that NCP has suffered.

OTOH, if the risk lies somewhere else, however unlikely, then the game is even more interesting.
When BJP has already announced to sit in the opposition and MahaVikas Aaghadi has made so many claims that they have full majority, that too exhibiting in different ways, why this secrecy and fear?

Maharashtra wants these answers!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sena not green enough .. responding to Sena spokies comments on NDTV posted a while back.

https://twitter.com/asadowaisi/status/1 ... 5717905408
Asaduddin Owaisi @asadowaisi

Arre @OfficeofUT it isn’t a philosophical question that requires deep meditation. It’s a bad look to ask meanings of words from your own Common Minimum Program. Anyway, take some gyan. It means:
-No Hindu Rashtra
-No discrimination between faiths

Samjhey?
Just so there is no confusion, I am happy with Sena comments and hope they stay with it.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Agasthi wrote:Somdev, Can you please explain this? What freedom movement in former East Bengal? And, freedom from whom? The last time I checked the only freedom they wanted is to kill and maim Bengali Hindus at leisure. I was just reading articles on various anti-hindu pogroms in East Bengal/Bangladesh (quite horrific to read them) and am trying to understand why bengali hindus like Garge Chatterjee or yourself would seek or receive inspiration from a culture that loathes you.
This is common behaviour among all persecuted / traumatized people. They are terrified and seek safety by sucking up to the oppressor and criticizing their own people. Kashmiri Pandits do the same (Nehru being the prime example). Same with many Punjabi Refugees who fled to India (Kuldip Nair, Khushwant Singh, etc.) One Punjabi family I know which fled to India in 1947 chose to give Muslim names to their newborns as a safety measure
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

AFAIK, Bal Thackeray's sister Sudha married B R Sule who was MD of Mahindra and Mahindra and also Chairman of Sony India. They got broadcast rights to IPL matches and he got a 10% stake in those rights. Their son Sadanand Sule married Supriya Pawar, daughter of Sharad Pawar in 1991. So while in public the Pawars and Thackerays may be adversaries at a family level they are related via marriage. When Supriya Sule was first nominated for the Rajya Sabha as a NCP candidate by her father Sharad Pawar in 2006, Bal Thackeray persuaded the BJP to not put up a opposition candidate against her so she would get in un-opposed.

Did Sharad Pawar who was BCCI President then help his daughter's in-laws get those IPL broadcast rights? That 10% stake has been inherited by BR Sule's son, Sharad Pawar's son in law. Was Ajit Pawar persuaded to go back by his cousin and uncle as otherwise it would destroy the family relationship between the Pawars and Thackerays?
Last edited by ldev on 29 Nov 2019 20:54, edited 2 times in total.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Inhabitants of tier 1 cities are pure cancer; they have the correct amount of social media cluelessness, impotent rage venting, inexact event recollection, stand up comic cum and an inexplicable itch to park their asholes in every business big or small.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Anand Ranganathan@ARanganathan72
We expected so much from the nationalist BJP govt when it came to power, but it's been six years and they haven't done anything. So much of our culture and heritage lies in utter neglect. In fact, the Congress was better because at least they didn't interfere: Dr KK Muhammed.
Anand Ranganathan
@ARanganathan72
·
8h
Replying to
@ARanganathan72
What is the RSS position on Religious Conversion, asks
@PrinceArihan

We are against forced conversion, not conversion per se. No one has an issue with voluntary conversion. It happens also in Hinduism - Vaishnavite to Shaivite sects, etc, replies
@SunilAmbekarM
at
@mlrlitfest
Can any learned guru here explain what's conversion from Vaishnavite to Shaivite ? Haven't heard any "conversions" like that before.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Rishi_Tri wrote:Mods can delete this post if it is too much..

Godse is deeply revered across India and across the world. People see through the fake propaganda that is carried out. Recently had this experience.

One of my superiors was congratulating after the general elections. Somehow the conversation meandered to Godse. I presented my position on Godse and the fact that kids in North India celebrated him. Also that, Godse survives in legend of India. Legends are stronger than any propaganda and in 100 years or so he shall become Mythical Hero.

My superior, coming from deepest south, responded by saying that the day Godse did what he did his grand mom, celebrated by lighting Diyas and distributing sweets in the whole village. Everyone rejoiced.

Godse lives in the hearts of people across length and breadth of the country. They know why he did what he did. What Godse stood for can only be harnessed by someone like Sadhvi who went through an experience that almost none has gone through. It remains to be seen if she can harness unbound energy that he represents and get propelled to unthought of places.
This is a couple of years old, but still makes for a must-watch video. A young Hindi poet speaks eloquently on a subject that would be have been absolutely impossible in the UPA era. It is true that the heartland feels for Godse much more than we 'westernized' people realize. I believe that despite all the efforts to the contrary, the young Hindu is finally waking up slowly and realizing he's been drinking the Congress Koolaid all these years.

If you have not read Godse's own account of 'Why I Killed the Mahatma" I would highly recommend it. I believe it is available as a free pdf down somewhere.

sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Karthik S wrote: Can any learned guru here explain what's conversion from Vaishnavite to Shaivite ? Haven't heard any "conversions" like that before.
Neither learned nor a guru, but the statement seems asinine to me. Maybe the guy is talking about what happens in inter-sect marriages - sometimes the girl (or guy) has no objections with going with Shiva instead of Vishnu, or vice-versa. But that is hardly "conversion."
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

UlanBatori wrote: Get a mirror, open your eyes and see if you can look yourself in the eye and say:

I AM QUALIFIED TO PASS JUDGEMENT ON MOHANDAS KARAMCHAND GANDHI

Oh! And pls remember to get a BandAid and splints ready to reattach your nose as it breaks against the mirror.
No offence to UB, but I've been thinking about this, the above principle kept bothering me.

This "don't judge unless you're qualified" is, it seems to me, an x-tian principle - beam in the eye vs. mote, he who is without sin casting the first stone, etc. In Hinduism, ordinary folks have always delighted in intellectual debates, where we judge all and sundry, sparing none - Krishna and Rama, Bhishma and Drona, Duryodhana and Yudhishtra and Karna. Do we think about "are we qualified?"

If the actions of somebody affect you (and this effect could be as part of its overall effect on posterity), then you have the right to judge that action. But you do have the responsibility to judge fairly, with full possession of all the available facts, which you also have a duty to evaluate impartially. If enough facts are not available, *then* you withhold judgment.

Fair enough? In effect, everybody has the right to judge everybody else, since all our actions affect everybody else. Do you have the right to pass and execute a sentence? Probably not (unless you are in a qualified position of authority), although in the extreme case, you can inflict a "shaap," regardless of your qualifications vs. the qualifications of the perpetrator. Vishnu Himself has been cursed several times. If the curse was legitimate, He accepted it.

In fact, folks were frequently admonished (Dhritarashtra for instance) with "think of how posterity will judge your actions." So why should Gandhi be spared the judgment?

So this "don't pass judgment unless you are fully qualified" seems like a canard to me. Last from me on this OT issue in this thread.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Tanaji wrote:Raut is claiming he will repeat the Aghadi in Goa as well given that he has met 3 MLAs. Not sure how he thinks he will pull it iff...
I saw that. Where from does this guy derive so much arrogance and why does he have so much disdain for BJP? From my reading it appears that somewhere they felt that being a junior partner to BJP dilutes them and in due course maybe become irrelevant. There are a couple of questions on my mind:

1. If Hinduthva was the main common plank between SS and BJP, then junior or senior partner how does it matter?

2. If SS was worried about losing their unique footprint, i.e., Maratha pride and regional aspirations, I doubt BJP would not have agreed to that. ModiJi and top BJP leaders are core desh Bhakt at heart and respect every honest HInduthvadi, Tamil or Telugu or Maratha.

3. Finally, unless SS leaders like have zero IQ, I don't understand how they can have their aspirations met by being Lorded over by those who coined the narrative of "Hindu terror" and "Hindu terror bigger threat than Paki & Islamist terror"?

4. To get a measure how ashamed an average SS cadre ought to be by the betrayal of their leadership, please see this disgusting picture of Thackeray Jr. bending over backwards invite Queen Madam to Thackeray Sr.'s coronation, and she said kiss my ass

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/aditya ... aihehd.jpg

5. I posit that part of BJP's failed gambit to retain power was because they could not engineer a sufficient # of SS MLAs to their fold after the sell out by the leadership. This is shocking to me. Are the SS cadres such eunuchs that the splendor of their leader occupying the chair of CM trumps their self respect? Or have they developed Stockholm syndrome that they fell in love with their very tormentors?

Jharkand will probably tell is if BJP Vs rest is a formula that can bring about the downfall of BJP and with it any sense of Hindu revival. Just remember, 26/11 anniversary has just passed by and here are Hindus backstabbing each other for power at the alter of an Italian Christian.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/timesofindia/status ... 3305836545
Times of India @timesofindia

"I have ordered to stop the work of Aarey metro car shed project today. Metro work will not stop but till next decision, not a single leaf of Aarey will be cut," says #Maharashtra CM #UddhavThackeray
Weren't what was need to be cut has been cut and Maha Gov under DF given an undertaking in no further cut?

To me, this looks like posturing. This is serious. The first part says he has stopped the car shed construction. I missed it when I read it first.

https://twitter.com/Dev_Fadnavis/status ... 5017021441

It’s unfortunate that State Government stayed Aarey Metro CarShed work in spite of Hon Supreme Court & Hon High Court orders.

This shows State Government is not serious about Mumbai Infrastructure projects!

And ultimate sufferer is common Mumbaikar only !

Japan’s JICA had funded ₹15,000crore for this Metro project on nominal interest rates.

Such decisions will demotivate investors to come forward in future and all infra projects will get stalled which were already delayed for so long in previous 15 year rule.

#SaveMetroSaveMumbai
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 270170.cms
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Dilip Walse Patil appointed as protem speaker of the state assembly.
Looks like BJP has cleared the way for the Sena alliance to have its say in such matters. Trust vote should not be an issue now with BJP content to be on the sidelines.
PM Modi and Maharashtra CM Uddhav are like brothers: Sena

Extending an olive branch, the Shiv Sena said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray are like 'brothers' though the Sena-Bharatiya Janata Party may have parted ways, here on Friday. "The Shiv Sena-BJP have gone different ways in Maharashtra politics, but Modi-Thackeray's relations are 'like brothers'... It's the responsibility of the Prime Minister to accommodate his young brother who is Maharashtra CM," said the Sena in edits in the party mouthpieces, "Saamana" and "Dopahar Ka Saamana".
Preparation for Delhi trip has already started with a peal for accommodation. I am sure Modi/Shah will be warm towards their younger brother.
Ajit Pawar will be given job of deputy CM after floor test

Speculation about whether Ajit Pawar would raise a banner of revolt again was set to rest when it was made clear on Thursday that he would be made deputy CM after the floor test. "It's a fact that originally it was proposed to induct Ajit as deputy CM. Later it was felt that he should be inducted during the cabinet expansion," an NCP politician said.
All izz not bhell in Pawarful family. Every new item adds weight to that position.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

After Accidental PM, now Sonia Gandhi come with new venture “Accidental CM”

Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

somdev wrote: SS has shed the vestiges of being a 'number contributor' to NDA and is more assertive on identity politics (primarily marathi manoos). Similar forces will emerge or are emerging elsewhere to counter hegemonic nationalist parties. This is good in a sense there will be further decentralisation of polity to state/region level in Indian union.
Along with casteism, such sub nationalism is the reason for Hindus disunity with the result that national integrity loses and Hindus suffer ultimately.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Pawar wanted union agriculture ministry for his daughter Supriya Sule, Fadnavis'' removal; Modi didn''t budge
To support the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in forming the government in Maharashtra, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar had placed two conditions before the saffron party.

First, he wanted the agriculture ministry for his daughter Supriya Sule, who is active at the Central level, and second, he wanted someone other than Devendra Fadnavis to become the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. However, Prime Minister Narendra Modi turned down both the demands.

Sources in the BJP told IANS that the party thought that if it decided to offer the agriculture ministry to the NCP, the Janata Dal United (JD-U), its ally from Bihar, will demand for the railway ministry. In this situation, despite having the mandate, the BJP would loose two big ministries.

As far as the second demand of Pawar is concerned, the sources said the party was never ready to replace Fadnavis as the Chief Minister, mainly because he successfully completed the five-year tenure without any controversies and allegations.

Apart from this, the party contested the elections with Fadnavis as the CM face and even the Prime Minister, while addressing the party workers from the BJP headquarters on October 24, had announced him as the Chief Minister. Hence, it was difficult for the BJP to accept this demand from the NCP supremo.

The sources said that Pawar had sent a message to the BJP, Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah expressing his demands. This was the reason why Pawar didn''t make any strong remark against the BJP after the results of the Maharashtra Assembly elections were out.

Since there were no positive signals from the BJP on his demands, the NCP chief had a 45-50-minute long meeting with Modi in the Parliament on November 20. But Modi didn''t agree to his demands during the meeting.
If sources are to be believed, Sharad Pawar was hoping that the BJP will agree to his demands as it was left reeling in the state after the Shiv Sena broke the alliance, but this didn''t happen. Finally, he decided to form the government in alliance with the Shiv Sena and the Congress.

Sharad Pawar was aware that the move will be beneficial for him because his decision to side with the Sena will earn him the title of ''modern day Chanakya'', while had he gone with the BJP, he would have got a say in the Central government too.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

pankajs wrote:
Not surprising .. given that Sena was willing to dilute everything for power.
Muslims have very clear vision unlike Hindus. Inspite of many divisions within themselves, they display good strategic thinking unlike Hindus who fight in the name sub regionalism, caste, ego etc and lose the big picture.