2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Vayutuvan »

sorry to say but I am not at all happy with this 'encounter' drama. all four accused were from desperately poor families. are they below the law/due process where as people like Rana Ayyub go scot free even when they have committed treason?!!!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Vayutuvan wrote:sorry to say but I am not at all happy with this 'encounter' drama. all four accused were from desperately poor families. are they below the law/due process where as people like Rana Ayyub go scot free even when they have committed treason?!!!
Sometimes people are sacrificed to pacify the God called Public Indignation. Anyways no rich person ever was encountered after getting arrested. Meanwhile UP police has taken note of 'How to reconstruct crime scene at 2:00 am'.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Vayutuvan wrote:sorry to say but I am not at all happy with this 'encounter' drama. all four accused were from desperately poor families. are they below the law/due process where as people like Rana Ayyub go scot free even when they have committed treason?!!!
No offence, but this business of bringing up poverty when some criminal gets into trouble is what goes into this mess in the first place. The action should be considered troubling in that it was vigilante justice, not merely because the accused were from poor families, because that line of argumentation is what has been used for 70 years to allow rampant criminality to flourish. And everytime the axe starts falling, we intercede citing poverty as versus a breakdown in society's moral standards.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Vikas wrote:
Sometimes people are sacrificed to pacify the God called Public Indignation. Anyways no rich person ever was encountered after getting arrested. Meanwhile UP police has taken note of 'How to reconstruct crime scene at 2:00 am'.
Rich people get sent to jail if the media gets involved and muddle class starts baying, they stay there for a few months, years, then disappear from public view once bail is granted. To make one truly teflon, you need to be from the powerful elite, richness can be secondary.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is a political as well as a national security issue.

This cro magnon creature is clearly part of the BIF

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Karan M wrote:
Vikas wrote:
Rich people get sent to jail if the media gets involved and muddle class starts baying, they stay there for a few months, years, then disappear from public view once bail is granted. To make one truly teflon, you need to be from the powerful elite, richness can be secondary.
Very true. Elites everywhere get the same kids glove treatment while middle class makes noise.
As much as some of us (including me) feel dismayed by 'Encounter", even cops are humans and would have felt disgust for the perpetrators of rape and horrible murder.
Few more encounters like this would deter potential criminals more than all the apps, candle march , laws and sub sections in IPC.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

You know why they're doing this?

Because despite all their heavy-handed, one-sided, blatantly biased censorship, the left is still losing the debate because we point out their hypocrisy.

twitter
Last year, when I spoke to Twitter reps, they lied and gaslight us about their targeted manipulation of people’s tweets. Now it’s in their new TOS. https://www.xbiz.com/news/248768/twitte ... -shadowban … nu, @RubinReport, we’re waiting for an alternative

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vikas wrote:

general question :)

twitter
Do you support handover of lift-man Tarun Tejpal to Hyderabad cops?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

first Setback for #MAHAVIKASAghadi Despite majority, Congress loses mayoral poll in Bhiwandi Municipality

KVA-BJP nominee Pratibha Vilas Patil was elected Mayor on due to cross-voting

In a house of 90

Congress 47
BJP 20
Shiv SENA 12
KVA 9
Samajwadi 2
KVA BJP got 49
CON 41
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

sanjayc wrote:
KJo wrote:To add to that, white people talk about "caste system" and "Manu" more than Hindus do. I had not heard of Manu when I lived in India till age 22. I first pakis talk about Manu Smriti (obviously researched and trained by their local mullah) and then some white people parrot the same lines tutored by their Christian priest.
You will also notice that they never talk about Gita, Vedas, Upanishads or the six systems of Hindu philosophy. They restrict all talk about Hinduism to Manu and caste. It is just a debating trick which revolves around hurling accusations at the opponent while steering clear of his strong areas. This can be nullified by mirror response (start hurling accusations yourself). So when they start talking about caste, I start talking about slavery in the Bible and how monotheistic faiths treat non-believers as untouchables
That is good but the reason they don't talk much about Gita, Vedas, Upanisads, Mahabharata, 'Vedanta Sutra, Sad Darsana etc is because a lot of Indian folks don't have first hand knowledge of these scriptures. At the best most have heard it from their grandparents or (likely perverse) interpretation of some elite scholar.

One thing that keeps away folks from getting their kids involved in scriptural study is due to common (mis)understanding that moksha is achieved via Sannyasa and Tapsya. All the hindu serials would show men going to remote locations standing on one feet etc and trying to please some god of their choosing. That hardly sets a good example for common man.

I recall your twitter exchange with Fair didi (if i remember correctly) on how all religions talk about supremacy and truth of their God only (and as a consequence other Gods become false). When you pointed out that when does Hinduism does that she changed the topic.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

darshan wrote: ‘Nobody Visited Us’: Family, Neighbours Of Dalit Woman Gangraped And Killed In Telangana Appeal For Justice
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/nobo ... or-justice
While three accused have been arrested in the case and reportedly confessed to their crime, the victim’s family says the police is refusing to give them her post-mortem report that could reveal disturbing details. The case has also seen little coverage in the media.
A report by news portal The News Minute says that as per the police, the accused - Shaik Babu (35), Shaik Shaboddin (30) and Shaik Makdum (40) - have confessed to the rape and murder. Police have booked them for murder and rape along with the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act. The three have been remanded to judicial custody.
Will there be any early morning crime reconstruction for this case?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Congress govt in Rajasthan begins process to identify RSS members, asks employees to declare affiliation details

https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/rajasth ... claration/
Rajasthan’s Congress government has instituted an aggressive stance against its state employees. The district administration in Ajmer has initiated an exercise to identify government employees who attend RSS shakhas.

In a circular issued by Additional District Collector Kailash Chandra Sharma, the state employees have been ordered to submit self-declaration letters detailing name, surname, department and the name of RSS branch to which he/she is associated with.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Sumeet wrote:I recall your twitter exchange with Fair didi (if i remember correctly) on how all religions talk about supremacy and truth of their God only (and as a consequence other Gods become false). When you pointed out that when does Hinduism does that she changed the topic.
Yes - that was me. They change the topic once you start discussing their own beliefs and worldview about non-believers (as these views are extremely bigoted and cannot be defended). So they have developed an instinct to not let the spotlight come on their own beliefs. One Christian even told me to strictly keep the focus of the discussion on evils of Hinduism only -- it is not for Hindus to discuss Christianity, he said!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

watch video

Open encounter of terrorist in London. No court, no report, no debate, no human rights violation, no noise, no protests and no Prashant Bhushan or Kapil Sibbal. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why can't we deal with terrorists n rapists in this manner.

https://twitter.com/rawnksood/status/12 ... 2959162368
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Twitter:
Vishnugupt उवाचः
@vishnuguptuvach
#HyderabadEncounter जानबूझकर किया गया है
आरोपियों का मुंह बंद करना जरूरी था | Is HyderabadEncounter done to silence perpetrators?

#Priyanka_Reddy की वजह से कई बूचङखाने बंद हो चुके थे
पशु-इलाज के बहाने प्रियंका ने कई स्टिंग आपरेशन करके गौतस्करों को पकङवाया था । Many Butchering Houses were closed due to #PriyankaReddy, Priyanka did many Stings and got lots of CowSMUGGLERS arrested.

तेलंगाना सरकार का मास्टर स्ट्रोक क्यों कि एनकाउण्टर से सब खुश हैं... Telangana Govt's masterstroke BECAUSE ENCOUNTER HAS MADE EVERYONE FEEL HAPPY....
https://twitter.com/vishnuguptuvach/sta ... 12160?s=20

https://mobile.twitter.com/vishnuguptuv ... 60/photo/1
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

There must be reasons why people hold candles .. but we are stuck with attitude of political vendetta, for example, about finding out RSS membership of govt employees in Rajasthan. People just wanna go blazing gun against political opponents but it is people like Priyanka who gets to pay the price.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Twitter:
Vishnugupt उवाचः
@vishnuguptuvach
#HyderabadEncounter जानबूझकर किया गया है
आरोपियों का मुंह बंद करना जरूरी था | Is HyderabadEncounter done to silence perpetrators?

पशु-इलाज के बहाने प्रियंका ने कई स्टिंग आपरेशन करके गौतस्करों को पकङवाया था । Many Butchering Houses were closed due to #PriyankaReddy, Priyanka did many Stings and got lots of CowSMUGGLERS arrested.

तेलंगाना सरकार का मास्टर स्ट्रोक क्यों कि एनकाउण्टर से सब खुश हैं... Telangana Govt's masterstroke BECAUSE ENCOUNTER HAS MADE EVERYONE FEEL HAPPY....
https://twitter.com/vishnuguptuvach/sta ... 12160?s=20

https://mobile.twitter.com/vishnuguptuv ... 60/photo/1
This def makes a lot of sense because all this pre-planning has to have some sort of mastermind behind it. But then why and who would do it unless there's a strong ulterior motive ?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Karan M wrote:And everytime the axe starts falling, we intercede citing poverty as versus a breakdown in society's moral standards.
I am talking about these people not given due process. That probably is due to their being poor. The whole thing seems to be very well orchestrated. Is it possible these fellows were instigated to take the crime on themselves on behalf of some well-connected folks?

There are several clues in some of the Telugu TV reports I have seen on youtube. It is curious that these fellows were not at all afraid, showed no remorse, etc.

Maybe they were told by a low-level police officer that they will get a chance to escape during the reconstruction and they won't be pursued now that there is no forensic evidence of who were the real perpetrators of the crime. They will get money and passports to get out of the country.

Deadmen tell no tales.

Anyways, people would have moved on after a few more weeks of protests. GoTS should have waited out and got to the bottom of what happened. The Foulplay might have started much earlier than this encounter - precisely on the night of the rape and murder itself.

OT so last from me.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I am talking about these people not given due process. That probably is due to their being poor.
No sir, it wasn't due to them being poor per se, but mostly because folks were baying for blood and they didn't have political contacts.
There are several clues in some of the Telugu TV reports I have seen on youtube. It is curious that these fellows were not at all afraid, showed no remorse, etc.
Sir, its equally likely these guys showed no fear, remorse etc because they have likely done this before and escaped with a slap on their wrist. They completely don't get all your criminal justice system, morals, this, that etc. We have far too many serial killers, abusers likely walking amongst us, because they get to prey completely unopposed on their fellow poor people, who can only try and mob-justice such a guy, otherwise these dudes end up hardened. By the time they reach a metro or tier 2 city, they are fully developed criminals.

Existing criminality
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 826777.cms
“Of the four suspects, three are criminals on police record ..
https://www.wefornews.com/truck-driver- ... rl-in-raj/
The police have confirmed that the accused was a truck driver and a resident of the same village as the girl.
Himself in an inebriated condition, the accused lured the girl after offering her a chocolate and roamed her in truck for long. Later, he raped her and strangled her to death with her school belt and threw her body in the bushes a few metres away from the village.
As discussed above, a lot of these guys deal with cops etc on a routine basis and bribe their way out of trouble.

But see this list:
https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/r ... 01762.html

And you can decide, is it poverty or the fact too many criminals are in our midst and an apathetic, understaffed, near broken L&O system is just letting things be (many of the criminals even joined the L&O system)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
So basically, what he means to say is, generations after generations must remember that a temple was razed to build the mosque. If one community wants to remember everything for generations, why shouldn't the other?

Asaduddin Owaisi Verified account @asadowaisi

On Dec 6, 1992 a masjid was razed in Ayodhya

I remember watching its fall as a young man & I’ll make sure that every child in the next generation remembers it too

A masjid stood there for four centuries & those who destroyed it are yet to face justice

11:15 PM - 5 Dec 2019
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

I mostly agree. Looks like KCR decided to "fast-track" the 4 because of public rage. A quite scummy and cynical action.

OTOH, pleading poverty is only meaningful for crime-prevention measures, not after crime has already been committed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Jamia Millia Islamia is a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. It was established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India during British rule in 1920 but shifted to New Delhi at Okhla.

what is it with dilli colleges and universities. :mrgreen:

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

No wonder the masses cheer when the accused criminals are lynched even without due process. Because due process has failed countless victims and no one sees light at the end of the tunnel. If the system had delivered time-bound justice to Jyoti Singh and her family, we would be having considerably less number of cheerleaders for Hyderabad Police’s encounter killing.

While this may be enough to satiate many a bleeding heart, it is not justice. Far from it.

There is simply no way to know whether the four accused were actually the ones who committed the crime. That’s what courts are for.

The police cannot be allowed to play judge, jury and executioner, and certainly not given the fact how vulnerable it is to influence of those in power. This is a slippery slope everyone must shudder to tread on.

Serving justice is not a spectator sport and the police aren’t the gladiators who are there to satisfy the urges of bloodthirsty crowd in the Colosseum. It is for this reason that this encounter needs serious probe by an independent central agency, and all the guilty must be punished.

What we rather need are radical police and judicial reforms not shortcuts and cheap thrills such as encounter killings.

Lakhs of posts are vacant in police departments across the country (19 lakh less than the sanctioned strength). Around three million cases are pending in courts, half of which are pending for more than two years. Around 5,000 judicial posts are vacant at the subordinate level. The figure for high courts is in hundreds.

The total spend on judiciary is around 0.01 per cent of the gross domestic product or GDP (2013-14 figure). And this is all about capacity. There are several administrative reforms in courts and prosecution which can speed up justice. There is no lack of solutions on this front. The government can pick up its own Economic Survey of this year to begin with which dealt with this issue in detail.

Our police force is one of the weakest in the world. According to Mint, there are only 144 police officers for every one lakh people, considerably less than the United Nations-recommended number of 222. States like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal are even worse with less than 100 police staff for 100,000 population.

These are the basic things that need fixing. If even these aren’t tackled, how would the state focus on investing in other soft infrastructure — training, modern labs, equipment, etc.

Policing and time-bound justice aren’t going to be achieved by chickening out with convenient actions like encounter killings to earn cheap publicity. They deserve serious attention. Short-sighted politicians with eyes on votes won’t be bothered about it. Only truly selfless would even give these issues a consideration.

Until then, there will be no deliverance from our third world status.
https://swarajyamag.com/ideas/this-is-n ... -encounter
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mob justice/lynching is never about majoritarianism or targetting of a minority, it is about the total lack of faith in the police and the judiciary.

each bears a major portion of the responsibility along with the politicos who are the puppet masters

Hence the condoning of an encounter that everyone knows is fake

Condemn the system, but don't demonize the public. In other circumstances, in another place, at another time, this would be condemned as a crime but in this case, the cry for blood was too widespread to be suppressed casually.

This encounter was mob justice.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The " encounter" is the result of state and central govt. and judicial authorities failure to bring such perpetrators to swift trial and metered out justice.When ministers deny that" rape" exists,and justice in India through the courts takes years and years, the general public are tempted to take the law into their own hands.

One cannot condone this quite apparent fake encounter, sometimes the innocent may be killed.Only a trial can prove the culpability of the accused.
But such raw justice will become more prevalent if the state does not get its act together. The sad truth is that the entire political and govt. establishment is indifferent to crimes against women.There is a terrible attitude in the nation that women are second class beings , inferior to men.We know about dowry deaths and honour killings when inter- caste marriages happen. Until this attitude changes, crimes against women will continue in the country unabated . This event though should however remind those bestial individuals that rough justice could be around the corner for them in the future.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Isn't this exactly what is happening in xtian europe with tens of thousands of pakis rushing to join the ever rising flood of persecuted muslims gushing into white man's land under the guise of "refugees".

There are hardly any females in this huge exodus, most of them are only jehadi males of military age. :mrgreen:

twitter

Apart from the persecution of non Muslim minorities in Pakistan, there is a very good security reason to limit CAB. Imagine if under garb of escaping persecution, a million or more closet jihadis come in & seek citizenship? We need to distinguish between secularism and stupidity
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, have you noticed one thing. Usually, the entire set of usual Lutyen scoundrels retweet any BS about India, especially J&K. But except for a few of this set, I didn't see anybody else rewteet Dexter Filkin's hate in the NYorker. What gives? Now but for the support Rna Ayyub gets from the Lutyen ecosystem, she would be nobody. In fact, I once remember that UnDy anchor, Vikram Chandra, throwing his hat at her for supposedly 'doing her work against all odds'. So I wonder if they are really ignoring DF's diatribe or they too afraid of the back-lash from RW tweeple?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:Guys, have you noticed one thing. Usually, the entire set of usual Lutyen scoundrels retweet any BS about India, especially J&K. But except for a few of this set, I didn't see anybody else rewteet Dexter Filkin's hate in the NYorker. What gives? Now but for the support Rna Ayyub gets from the Lutyen ecosystem, she would be nobody. In fact, I once remember that UnDy anchor, Vikram Chandra, throwing his hat at her for supposedly 'doing her work against all odds'. So I wonder if they are really ignoring DF's diatribe or they too afraid of the back-lash from RW tweeple?
the fact that rana deliberately broke the law by smuggling her whitey boyfriend into cashmere and no one wants to highlight that

what if someone or even the same lady used the same tactic again to smuggle in a terrorist
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

chetak wrote:the fact that rana deliberately broke the law by smuggling her whitey boyfriend into cashmere and no one wants to highlight that

what if someone or even the same lady used the same tactic again to smuggle in a terrorist
Letting that bloke into India was a mistake in the first place.

Now that he has admitted to breaking the law, it should be enough to deny him a visa in the future.

Who wants to bet on that happening.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Again got banned on twitter for the 3rd time in 2019. WTF !
I have no idea why suddenly I am getting banned or who all is monitoring my tweets. After last time, I had avoided using the words like Islam, Muslim or Paki. Now twitter wants my phone number to even raise request for ending the ban and I have no intentions of sharing my phone number with them.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Kashi wrote:
chetak wrote:the fact that rana deliberately broke the law by smuggling her whitey boyfriend into cashmere and no one wants to highlight that

Letting that bloke into India was a mistake in the first place.

Now that he has admitted to breaking the law, it should be enough to deny him a visa in the future.

Who wants to bet on that happening.
But what about the one who facilitated this smuggling. She seems to be getting scot free.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Vikas wrote:But what about the one who facilitated this smuggling. She seems to be getting scot free.
He WAS in India legally, so he could be "smuggled" into J&K; the only way this could be deemed a criminal act (in the eyes of law) is if his visa stipulations specifically prohibited him from travelling to J&K. If yes, then he committed a crime and Ayyub facilitated or rather instigated this crime.

Now whether she goes scott free or not depends on the GoI. Given GoI and the legal system's apparent "leniency" towards such types- Ayyub, Shehla Rashid etc. I won't be holding my breath waiting for a response from them in this matter.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

It's legit?! The dude got legit reputation in middle East where they don't ask questions.. like where are your minorities.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

Cross posting...
========
My views on practical policing and judiciary...

In any society it is the fear of mob justice that prevents the crime at the first place. When a weak target is surrounded by masses, no one dares to commit any crime on them, not because of the fear of police or law, but due to fear of mob justice. And practically that fear has to stay, however strong the law, judiciary becomes. And may be this is the reason why we don't want to make any stringent laws against mob lynching. Just think what happens if everything has to be properly taken care as per the procedures and by only law enforcement agencies. It would only bind the hands of good people and embolden the bad to commit crimes if they truly aware of the loopholes in the system.

Just think how the justice was maintained through out the history (especially in India, which was called land of Dharma, in ancient times). It was by applying common sense in assessing the crime, and the criminals in a short span of time by efficient use of available resources, rather than sticking to the idea of perfect execution of procedures. In actuality there is no end to the definition of perfection, and there is no end to the "doubts", because the more one drags and lapse the time, the more imperfect the case becomes hence cannot be maintainable. There has to be a line drawn, where one can confidently prove the crime, then deliver the justice, instead of giving place to doubts using the loopholes in procedures.

It is very true that "Justice delayed is Justice denied".

With all this technology evolved, why it has become so difficult to deliver justice in a speedy manner and in time before it loses its meaning ?
It is because we are hanging on to definitions like "Total Justice" or "Perfect Justice" or "No single innocent should get punished even at the cost of 100 culprits escaping it"... These are not the practicalities of justice system which can hold good for long. It would only lead to the instances more like Hyd encounters and many more mob lynchings in future, which is only a slap on law & justice system to remind every one that it is not working and it needs to be changed to a more practical level where it appears to be working good by results, not just by the definitions.

The Britishers had to be blamed for leaving us into this mess & we are not finding it easy to come out of it.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1eAFpLLcXk
Himanta Biswa Sarma Exclusive | Selective Citizenship: The Politics Of Exclusion | #ConclaveEast19

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Libtards current hope .. Pawarful.

https://indianexpress.com/article/opini ... s-6151019/
Sharad Pawar could be the anchor for opposition unity in the days ahead
For five-and-a-half years, the Opposition had been looking for a leader who could take on Narendra Modi. The recent developments in Maharashtra have catapulted Sharad Pawar to a position where he is being viewed not just as a skilled practitioner of realpolitik, but also as a possible “sutradhar” for opposition unity in the months to come.

It’s not as if he has acquired mass appeal of the kind that Modi enjoys. But he has shown that he can deliver, and defeat the BJP at its own game.
1. More than the opposition it is the libtards who are hoping for a leader to take on Modi. Rahul was a non-starter, Khujaliwal flopped, Nitishwa backed-out, Mumtaz is fighting for her own survival in Bengal and SP+BSP collapsed in UP. Theek hai.

2. Pawarful, if he is smart as he is being made out to be, will keep his focus on Maharashtra. Cabinet has yet to be decided, Nephew is still unreliable while Sena and CON have their own agendas for the alliance.
Pawar demonstrated that he remains the “Maratha strongman” and exercises complete control over his party. Also, he can get back errant MLAs, led by his nephew Ajit Pawar, to his side — which led to the exit of Devendra Fadnavis as an 80-hour chief minister.
Nephew is still chafing at the bits.
Pawar has shown, too, that he can get unlikely parties on the same page — the Shiv Sena to accept “secularism” in the common minimum programme and Sonia Gandhi to agree to do business with the Sena, something she had shunned earlier — with both parties agreeing to climb down from their well-known positions to keep the BJP at bay. The Maha Vikas Aghadi is now trying to counter the BJP’s Hindu nationalism with a mix of soft Hinduism, sustenance issues involving farmers and youth, and sub-nationalism, with its appeal to the “Marathi Manoos”.
:rotfl: Too much gook-aid can lead to bheja fry so much that bias speaks rather than facts.

1. Sena's "secularism" is limited to the English CMP but not the Marathi one. Wonder why? Sena's translation of the "English" version is "secularism == Hindu Rashtra" as openly stated by it reps in NDTV!

2. Soft Hindutva does not work when the opponent is BJP.
The BJP’s midnight coup actually helped the three parties to sink their differences, which they were struggling to overcome. It also lost the saffron party the sympathy it was beginning to gain after the Sena broke the pre-poll alliance over the issue of rotational CM-ship.
Public memory is very short-lived. As soon as the bickering within the alliance starts the BJP gambit will be forgotten.
Ajit Pawar’s brief exit from the party has redrawn the lines of succession in the NCP, with daughter Supriya Sule coming out smelling of roses. Ordinary people in Maharashtra are talking about the dignity (constantly taking care of MLAs during those tense days) and humility (hugging Ajit Pawar on his return) with which she conducted herself. She can be expected to play a larger role in the party in the coming days.
No one smelled more rosey that Rahul baba to CON party retainers but in the world of hard-knocks that politics is, Ajit Pawar is far from sidelined with Pawarful himself having very little time.
Sharad Pawar could play a unifying role in the Opposition and emerge as a “sutradhar”, because the main players could listen to what he has to say today. Of course, the rise of Sharad Pawar could make the Congress uneasy. Many in the Congress look up to him but Sonia Gandhi is still wary of him. Yet, she agreed to be a junior member in the Aghadi government, led by the Shiv Sena, in order to keep her flock together in Maharashtra. Also because the Maharashtra experiment could help resurrect the Congress, as an idea and an organisation opposed to the BJP.

The Pawar effect could deepen the faultlines in the NDA. The exit of the Shiv Sena has emboldened the BJP’s other allies to speak up. The JD(U) has asked the BJP to “introspect”, the Akali Dal is restive, the LJP of Ram Vilas Paswan is fighting the ongoing elections in Jharkhand on its own. Shiv Sena’s one-man demolition squad, Sanjay Raut, has already declared that “they” may be forming an alternative government in Goa.
Pawar will now be called on to ensure the survival of the baby he has successfully delivered. This is not going to be easy, going by the BJP’s belligerence at the trust vote, and the “Ajit factor”. Unless Ajit Pawar is “satisfied”, he could become a magnet for disgruntled elements in the NCP. Sharad Pawar may have calculated that it might be easier to contain Ajit inside the party than outside it.
Ok .. she not blind to the risk but her wish to see BJP humbled has lead her up the fanciful path. Theek hai.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Curious that the "encounter" has not made it to SeeEnnEnn front page. They found some other assault to report as "India". Tough problem, hain? Suppose that you are a Constitution Uber Alles intellectual. Now who do you scream for?
a) 4 confessed rapist-murderers who preyed on a defenceless woman
b) The relatives of the equally defenceless Nirbhaya who have been waiting to see "justice" delivered per the Constitution for - 9 years?
c) The Kashmiri Hindu survivors who cannot erase the memories of 1989 and later, or from 1947-48.

All have human rights. so did the victims. So, BTW, do the Police. It is the fault of everyone that crimes are still being committed. It is the fault of everyone that the Justice system is so 3-star-King incompetent at delivering the remedies prescribed by the same Constitution.

So someone's Human Rights' had to suffer. Most people are tired of the Law-Abiding and Defenceless being the victims, denied human rights, all the time. So this was the only way.
And yes, all of that is rationalization of vigilantism. Long words. But I think word has to get around that the Constitution is there to
ParitrAnAya SAdhoonam...
And VINASAYA
ca dushkrtAm.
Since the "encounter" coincidentally occurred at the crime scene, I imagine that there was a proper trial there. including "reconstruction of the crime". Followed by execution. I would have expected the 4 to be induced to bugger or flog each other to death, only the last one needing to be shot. Pity the bodies don't seem naked. The police were apparently too kind.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Kashi wrote:
Vikas wrote:But what about the one who facilitated this smuggling. She seems to be getting scot free.
He WAS in India legally, so he could be "smuggled" into J&K; the only way this could be deemed a criminal act (in the eyes of law) is if his visa stipulations specifically prohibited him from travelling to J&K. If yes, then he committed a crime and Ayyub facilitated or rather instigated this crime.

Now whether she goes scott free or not depends on the GoI. Given GoI and the legal system's apparent "leniency" towards such types- Ayyub, Shehla Rashid etc. I won't be holding my breath waiting for a response from them in this matter.
This kind of stuff is par for the journalists!!!

Leaking official secretes, infiltrating all kind of legal/illegal organizations, fooling people into incriminating themselves, paying hard cash for information and access, going to prohibited areas, talking to people on run/fugitives, enemy of state and underground mob bosses. In short all kind of shady stuff and the cherry on top is that they are celebrated and receive awards for doing the stuff!

This is how the forth pillar works and its fine for it plays role, a modern version, of Narad muni in a functioning democracy.

With that said, Rana Ayub does not qualify as a journalist, she is a hate driven partisan mediocrity who is fighting for her religion and community against specific persons, behind the elaborate facade of secularism and journalism.

Govt should ignore her and her antics until she comits financial frauds with FERA violations, person of her character, capable of so much hate and vindictiveness, is not for away from accepting $$ for self indulgence. Her time will come no need to make a martyr of her with 3 month simple jail suspended sentence, released on 1 year good behavior commitment.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

CRamS wrote:Guys, have you noticed one thing. Usually, the entire set of usual Lutyen scoundrels retweet any BS about India, especially J&K. But except for a few of this set, I didn't see anybody else rewteet Dexter Filkin's hate in the NYorker. What gives? Now but for the support Rna Ayyub gets from the Lutyen ecosystem, she would be nobody. In fact, I once remember that UnDy anchor, Vikram Chandra, throwing his hat at her for supposedly 'doing her work against all odds'. So I wonder if they are really ignoring DF's diatribe or they too afraid of the back-lash from RW tweeple?
There is a reason for it that I think most people missed but not the libtard media.

He found nothing in Kashmir. He ended up writing an atrociously long article which was made up of rehash of the already published work in last 20 years. Best he could do was say things like there were 28 pellet gun victims in the hospital but he couldn’t go in so no proof. Wouldn’t there be dozens if not hundreds of relatives waiting in-front of the room eager to give all the proof one would need. How about approaching hospital staff, all of which would be exclusively Kashmiri muslims willing to die for Azadi!

He witnessed no protests, no violence, found no victims or perpetrators. So it was a non news and no one paid any attention to it. At best you can call it a tribute to Rana Ayub but he threw her under the bus by clearly putting all the blame on her to keep himself in the clean.