2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Peregrine »

Broken legacies of the British Empire: the odd case of Kashmir and Hong Kong - Nusrat Ali

The British Empire of the past is no more but the British imperialism’s leftovers are still intact in Asia even this day where two prolonged crises-Hong Kong and Kashmir-share the same roots.

Hong Kong is witnessing an unending streak of protests in which large numbers of people are participating calling for greater freedom of expression in the region. The security forces severely responded to the demonstrations. Beijing terms these recent protests as a mere act of “terrorism”.

While in Jammu and Kashmir, the Narender Modi government revoked Kashmir’s special status on August 5, which was safeguarded by the Indian constitution. Since the revocation, the government has imposed an all-out blackout of the region as Kashmiri people are restricted to their houses while the internet service has been shut down.

The situation in the valley is largely grim as seen in the BBC video of August 10 where the security forces were seen using live shots and tear gas against mass demonstrations. On top of that, when Muslims across the world were celebrating Eid, Kashmiris were not, as mosques in Srinagar and other parts were shut, and the entire state was under extreme curfew by the security forces.

Both the people of Kashmir and Hong Kong are fighting for their rightful cause against the powerful central governments. Ostensibly, both are autonomous but part of a broader imperial power controlled by powerful nationalists where the idea of regional identity has become a curse. Not surprisingly, both conundrums were enhanced by the British colonialism of the past.

Under Prime Minister Modi’s unbridled drive of nationalism, the central government of the BJP is pursuing its agenda of cultural homogenisation. The same can be seen in Hong Kong where the central government of China is hell-bent on replacing the Cantonese language with that of Mandarin. Though the nationalism drive of Modi is starkly different from that of the British Empire, but Jon Wilson, author of India Conquered: Britain’s Raj and the Chaos of Empire highlights that although the basic ideologies of the British Empire and that of Modi’s governance are different, however, the power tools that Modi is employing are all the same. They are curbs on free speech and forceful military occupation among many others.

India for long has been praised as the largest democracy in the world, so people hoped that its conduct towards its minorities would be different from that of China

The point is that both regions of Kashmir and Hong Kong had received a distinct and special status from other regions in the countries they were joining. For instance, the Hong Kongers received a ‘one country, two systems’ framework to safeguard their rights up until 2047. While in Kashmir this safeguard was more concrete as it was written down in the Indian constitution. For example, Article 370 gives Kashmiris a right to control their government affairs barring foreign, defence and communications departments. Also under Article 35A, no outsider can buy land in the region. Nonetheless, both articles were revoked by the Modi government, toeing the line he echoed in his election campaign of ending Kashmir’s special status, which according to him had barred Kashmir’s integration with other parts of India.

Unlike India, China has not put an end to the one country two systems phenomenon, but the current events have suggested that the Chinese government is determined to assimilate Hong Kong with the rest of China. Unfortunately, the mix arrangement once put down by the British Empire is now no longer endured by the nationalist leaders who inherited these British imperial spoils; the goal now is to have complete and all-out control over the regions.

Different from Kashmir, Hong Kong’s 1997 handover was not vicious and bloody. However, the transfer from years of British imperialism to another unanswerable power was ironic and apparent to many. The last governor of Hong Kong, Chris Patten, remembered a visit he made to a psychiatric hospital moments before the handover. One random patient asked Patten, “Could you possibly explain why you are handing over Hong Kong to the last great totalitarian regime without even asking the people of Hong Kong?” Obviously, Chris Patten had no response.

Now the unwanted adverse effects from Britain’s vague imperial administration is clearing all the persistent ambiguities. India for long has been praised as the largest democracy in the world, so people hoped that its conduct towards its minorities would be different from that of China, which is known to crush all of its dissenting voices. However, the fresh incidents in Kashmir are conspicuously identical to Chinese policymaking, which aims to seek homogenising Hong Kong with the rest of China.

India plans to assimilate Kashmir into a Hindu nation, which is even highlighted by Dibyesh Anand, professor at the Westminster University. Anand believes that while it is popular to compare democratic India with autocratic China, the fact of the matter is when in regards to occupying and ruling territories and people that have disputed relations with their centre, both countries have embraced similar measures like ‘the promise of autonomy, reality of assimilation, suppression of rights, denial of self-determination, and absence of consensual rule’. Anand further asserts that in addition to the policy of ‘divide and rule, Britain also pursued another clandestine policy of ‘divide and quit’. Unquestionably, those absent-minded British arrangements were to imminently brew a conflict unseen in the world down the road.

Besides the status quo related statements, Britain is unwilling to jump in more than that in its empire’s former convoluted legacy. Perhaps one such reason is that imperial nostalgia has stirred some of the emotions behind its current conundrum: Brexit.

In short, today where Britain is grappled with its fight of self-determination, its legacies in various other corners are even more distraught and fraught. Kashmir and Hong Kong exhibit how the chaos brought by the imperialism continues to persist.

CONCLUSION : Quod Erat Faciendum :rotfl:

Cheers Image
KJo
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by KJo »

Vikas wrote:Again got banned on twitter for the 3rd time in 2019. WTF !
I have no idea why suddenly I am getting banned or who all is monitoring my tweets. After last time, I had avoided using the words like Islam, Muslim or Paki. Now twitter wants my phone number to even raise request for ending the ban and I have no intentions of sharing my phone number with them.
I got banned as well. And I had used the word Islam. I created a new acc but they probably monitor cookies on my browser so I got banned again. Now I have to try cleaning out everything before creating a new account. I see pakis insulting Hindus all the time and they all seem fine. Including that moron C J Werleman who is a Joo but a Islam lover.

For phone number, use Google Voice and create a phone number for free so you can have them text that number. But make sure you use a new browser or clean out cookies else it knows you are the same guy they banned.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Karan M wrote:And everytime the axe starts falling, we intercede citing poverty as versus a breakdown in society's moral standards.
I am talking about these people not given due process. That probably is due to their being poor. The whole thing seems to be very well orchestrated. Is it possible these fellows were instigated to take the crime on themselves on behalf of some well-connected folks?

There are several clues in some of the Telugu TV reports I have seen on youtube. It is curious that these fellows were not at all afraid, showed no remorse, etc.

Maybe they were told by a low-level police officer that they will get a chance to escape during the reconstruction and they won't be pursued now that there is no forensic evidence of who were the real perpetrators of the crime. They will get money and passports to get out of the country.

Deadmen tell no tales.

Anyways, people would have moved on after a few more weeks of protests. GoTS should have waited out and got to the bottom of what happened. The Foulplay might have started much earlier than this encounter - precisely on the night of the rape and murder itself.

OT so last from me.
The order to eliminate these four scums came from the TRS higherups. Sensing the outraged public mood, and fearing that BJP is already breathing on the neck, they didn't want to take any chance of political risk.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

^^^
Sure, there was public anger, but I don't think that was the reason. The police tried to cover up their inaction from the time the victim's family sought police help (around 11:00 pm) till the time a burning body was reported by a villager at around 5:00 am the next morning. Actually, it was much worse -- they were humiliating the victim's family instead of helping them.

The police built the narrative that she was dead by 10:30 pm, so, even if they had acted immediately they couldn't have saved her. The body was burnt much later: 3:00 am to 3:30 am. Now that the accused are dead, there is no way of finding the actual sequence of events. Besides, the attention is already diverted from the criminal negligence of the police. They are now heroes.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Katare wrote:
There is a reason for it that I think most people missed but not the libtard media.

He found nothing in Kashmir. He ended up writing an atrociously long article which was made up of rehash of the already published work in last 20 years.
Indeed, and this is what I observed in my very first post on this arse hole DF's hate pieces. Furthermore, without giving an ounce of credibility to either DF or our own colonized libtrads, but just as as us nationalist folks grin when white chic Fair didi talks tough on Pakis and is given space on DDM for the same facts us RW folks put out are dismissed as 'Modi Bhakts' or whatever, so also libtrads should be p!ssed because DF is not saying anything that they themselves have not peddled.

Now coming to libtards and Rana Ayyub, I am also pleasantly surprised that Burka Bibi who hosts these silly "we the women" shows with western wannbe Indian women who imitate white women about 'coming out of the closet' or 'me too' rubbish that 99+% of Indian women could care less about, has not had Rana Ayyub on her shows to talk about 'women power' taking on the 'mighty' BJP govt and how she is 'honored' around the world. Perhaps its jealousy that Rana is hogging the limelight with white honchos and not her.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kati wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote: I am talking about these people not given due process. That probably is due to their being poor. The whole thing seems to be very well orchestrated. Is it possible these fellows were instigated to take the crime on themselves on behalf of some well-connected folks?

There are several clues in some of the Telugu TV reports I have seen on youtube. It is curious that these fellows were not at all afraid, showed no remorse, etc.

Maybe they were told by a low-level police officer that they will get a chance to escape during the reconstruction and they won't be pursued now that there is no forensic evidence of who were the real perpetrators of the crime. They will get money and passports to get out of the country.

Deadmen tell no tales.

Anyways, people would have moved on after a few more weeks of protests. GoTS should have waited out and got to the bottom of what happened. The Foulplay might have started much earlier than this encounter - precisely on the night of the rape and murder itself.

OT so last from me.
The order to eliminate these four scums came from the TRS higherups. Sensing the outraged public mood, and fearing that BJP is already breathing on the neck, they didn't want to take any chance of political risk.
It's not only the TRS.

Home Minister is a muslim, the main accused was a muslim. Among the other accused there were other abrahamics.

It does not need a crystal ball to see who else signed off on this.

Is the elephant in the room really all that invisible. :mrgreen:

Isn't it just a wee bit intriguing that there is almost nil to negligible outcry from the abrahamics who are always most vocal about their so called rights and entitlements
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

^^^ Yes, there's lot about it that just doesn't look right.

Meanwhile, buck stops at the voter.

Amidst looming ISIS threat, CPI (M) government withdraws the security cover of ex-Kerala HC judge Kemal Pasha
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/amidst- ... mal-pasha/
Justice B Kemal Pasha has been a staunch critic of the CPM-led LDF government's incompetence in managing a host of issues.

Not that we needed any further proof that a muslim can't be bumped off in encounter without any permission.

Telangana: Akbaruddin Owaisi rejects govt circular making singing of Vande Mataram mandatory in schools, government backtracks
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/telanga ... in-owaisi/
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

chetak wrote:
Kati wrote:
It's not only the TRS.

Home Minister is a muslim, the main accused was a muslim. Among the other accused there were other abrahamics.

Isn't it just a wee bit intriguing that there is almost nil to negligible outcry from the abrahamics who are always most vocal about their so called rights and entitlements
OK, I don't think Mahmood Ali, the TG deputy CM, is some big mass leader or efficient decisive administrator, he's just a small time businessman who got lucky and who can't dare disappoint KCR or take important law & order decisions on issues like these.

BTW, some folks were asking if the culprits would've been encountered if they were ALL muslim ? I believe the answer is yes.

Just check out how KCR govt got Gangster Nayeem bumped off a few years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayeem
This guy was a former Maoist & Naxal leader, and prime suspect in the murder/assassination of a dedicated & honest IPS officer KS Vyas while he was jogging in a stadium. In addition, he was apparently pervert - sadist and pedophile, accused of torturing orphan kids. KCR govt got him bumped off and cops avenged the death of one of their most respected colleagues by that "encounter".

KCR also recently crushed the RTC unions - whether there were suicides or destruction of public property, he didn't budge an inch, until their union leaders were taken out of the picture and they got back to work.

The thing about KCR is he "managed" MIM & Human rights activists very well after Nayeem's encounter, as such there were no squeals after that encounter about human rights for pedophiles & terrorists.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

OmkarC wrote:
chetak wrote:
It's not only the TRS.

OK, I don't think Mahmood Ali, the TG deputy CM, is some big mass leader or efficient decisive administrator, he's just a small time businessman who got lucky and who can't dare disappoint KCR or take important law & order decisions on issues like these.

BTW, some folks were asking if the culprits would've been encountered if they were ALL muslim ? I believe the answer is yes.

This guy was a former Maoist & Naxal leader, and prime suspect in the murder/assassination of a dedicated & honest IPS officer KS Vyas while he was jogging in a stadium. In addition, he was apparently pervert - sadist and pedophile, accused of torturing orphan kids. KCR govt got him bumped off and cops avenged the death of one of their most respected colleagues by that "encounter".

KCR also recently crushed the RTC unions - whether there were suicides or destruction of public property, he didn't budge an inch, until their union leaders were taken out of the picture and they got back to work.

The thing about KCR is he "managed" MIM & Human rights activists very well after Nayeem's encounter, as such there were no squeals after that encounter about human rights for pedophiles & terrorists.
If you think that Mahmood Ali was "appointed" by KCR, think again.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

chetak wrote:
OmkarC wrote:

He's Owaisi's man, of course.. but not a mass leader along the lines of Owaisi brothers in their community and is not a key decision maker.

Also note, KCR needs Owaisi support come electoral times, but its not a one way street as Owaisi dug himself a nice hole by claiming he is equally opposed to BOTH Congies & BJP, hence his choice in a way is limited to KCR or stay away from power.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

OmkarC wrote:
chetak wrote:
He's Owaisi's man, of course.. but not a mass leader along the lines of Owaisi brothers in their community and is not a key decision maker.

Also note, KCR needs Owaisi support come electoral times, but its not a one way street as Owaisi dug himself a nice hole by claiming he is equally opposed to BOTH Congies & BJP, hence his choice in a way is limited to KCR or stay away from power.
no one will ever make a mass leader the DCM or HM when the puppet master is holding the strings tightly.

It will be detrimental to the health and longevity of both parties concerned.

so caspar milquetoast as "the man who speaks softly and gets hit with a big stick" is the most suitable candidate.

both owasi and KCR are going nowhere.

They are both evil genies forever bottled up in telangana only

since other abrahamics are involved it would require signoff from at least four political + votebank formations to agree that there will be no protests.

so where did you get the idea that only KCR took the decision (as if he could).
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

chetak wrote:
no one will ever make a mass leader the DCM or HM when the puppet master is holding the strings tightly.

It will be detrimental to the health and longevity of both parties concerned.

so caspar milquetoast as "the man who speaks softly and gets hit with a big stick" is the most suitable candidate.

both owasi and KCR are going nowhere.

They are both evil genies forever bottled up in telangana only

since other abrahamics are involved it would require signoff from at least four political + votebank formations to agree that there will be no protests.

so where did you get the idea that only KCR took the decision (as if he could).

There is a strong undercurrent in TG that a decision of this sort had to come from the top.. while folks are celebrating Commisionar Sajjanar & Prakash Reddy the DCP of Shamshabad, its actually KCR who will be deriving political mileage.

Already his ministers are giving off the cuff statements that they will get more heinous criminals "encountered", blatantly insinuating that they had a hand in the encounter:
https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... sts/524496

KCR's management of RTC strike has given him a ruthless image that's now buttressed by serious law & order credentials.. I don't think congress or BJP can touch him right now if snap polls are held.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Is this guy for real, supporting a US house resolution against India :mrgreen:

Shashi Tharoor Verified account @ShashiTharoor

Restore Internet, End Detentions In Jammu&Kashmir, Says Bipartisan Resolution In US House. Admirable effort by US reps, whereas in our Parliament we have been unable even to have a discussion on the subject of Kashmir in the entire winter session. Shame.

Last edited by chetak on 08 Dec 2019 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

KJo wrote:
Vikas wrote:Again got banned on twitter for the 3rd time in 2019. WTF !
I have no idea why suddenly I am getting banned or who all is monitoring my tweets. After last time, I had avoided using the words like Islam, Muslim or Paki. Now twitter wants my phone number to even raise request for ending the ban and I have no intentions of sharing my phone number with them.
I got banned as well. And I had used the word Islam. I created a new acc but they probably monitor cookies on my browser so I got banned again. Now I have to try cleaning out everything before creating a new account. I see pakis insulting Hindus all the time and they all seem fine. Including that moron C J Werleman who is a Joo but a Islam lover.

For phone number, use Google Voice and create a phone number for free so you can have them text that number. But make sure you use a new browser or clean out cookies else it knows you are the same guy they banned.
Thank you KJo. Apparently google voice does not work in Desh.
Whatever I may do, I am 786% sure that Twitter will ban me again even if the current ban is lifted.
Meanwhile I have decided to stay away from Twitter and keep my BP and sanity in check while focusing on LinkedIn to build some badly needed connections.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:Is this guy for real, supporting a US house resolution against India :mrgreen:

Restore Internet, End Detentions In Jammu&Kashmir, Says Bipartisan Resolution In US House. Admirable effort by US reps, whereas in our Parliament we have been unable even to have a discussion on the subject of Kashmir in the entire winter session. Shame.
He is a Congressi. That says it all.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Struggling to keep cadre in tact and bag key ministries, Shiv Sena is all set for an implosion

Struggling to keep cadre in tact and bag key ministries, Shiv Sena is all set for an implosion

by Akshay Narang 8 December 2019

In a major jolt to Shiv Sena, 400 party workers have reportedly joined the BJP at an event in Dharavi on Wednesday. The reason behind this exodus is the disillusionment with the Shiv Sena supremo Uddhav Thackeray as he stitched an alliance with ideological rivals- the NCP and the Congress.

Ramesh Nadar, Sena leader who was heading the delegation of people joining BJP said, “I was working with Shiv Sena for 10 years. We were supporting the Hindutva ideology of Sena. I was given an office to serve people but as Sena has decided to form the government with NCP and Congress, it is not acceptable to us. Now, we all have decided to join BJP.”

The Shiv Sena is, therefore, facing a major crisis at the ground, ideological level. Unfortunately for Uddhav Thackeray, this sense of disillusionment within the party is only going to exacerbate from here as several reports suggest that NCP is going to get hold of key Home and Finance portfolios in the coalition government, while Ajit Pawar is eyeing the deputy CM post. Moreover, NCP may also get hold of other key portfolios such as Power and Forest & Environment.

The fact remains that the primary object for Shiv Sena leadership was to get the CM chair out of this coalition. This was the main reason behind Shiv Sena parting its ways with the BJP. Uddhav Thackeray has got the CM chair and he is content with it, however, others may not be content with the leftover, insignificant portfolios that they will be getting.

Besides this, Shiv Sena is likely going to get 16 cabinet berths including the CM chair, while the NCP is also going to get 15 berths in the cabinet. Even the Congress will be getting hold of 12 ministries. This virtually translates into fewer cabinet berths for the NCP. Due to three-way division of portfolios, the Shiv Sena might end up with fewer portfolios than what it would have been able to get had it formed a government with the BIP. This virtually means that several Shiv Sena MLAs who would have been hopeful of becoming ministers would now be left without portfolios. This contentious division of ministries among the three parties is the reason why the cabinet has still not been finalised and reports suggest there is huge unrest in the Maha Vikas Aghadi.

The Shiv Sena is set to face almost unmanageable resentment within its cadres and its MLAs. A major exodus of Shiv Sainiks took place on Wednesday and this is only going to get worse from here.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:Is this guy for real, supporting a US house resolution against India :mrgreen:

Restore Internet, End Detentions In Jammu&Kashmir, Says Bipartisan Resolution In US House. Admirable effort by US reps, whereas in our Parliament we have been unable even to have a discussion on the subject of Kashmir in the entire winter session. Shame.[/b]
THIS is a Indian MP praising the US Reps for resolution against the GOI position on Kashmir.

Anything to undermine Modi, just short of being an advisor to the US House of reps on this resolution. No wonder we are run over by foreign interests of many hues at all levels of Government and Institution.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

More from Maharashtra
https://twitter.com/ABPNews/status/1203358390887448577
ABP News @ABPNews

अशोक चव्हाण बोले- महाराष्ट्र में फैसले लेने में कांग्रेस की भी सुनी जानी चाहिए

Translated from Hindi by

Ashok Chavan said - Congress should also be heard in making decisions in Maharashtra.
CON already feeling left out in the Maha decision making.

I guess it shouldn't worry CON because BJP is being kept out of Maha and Sena signed on a CPM, the English version of which has reference to "Secular" though not Marathi version and where per Sena's interpretation "secular == Hindu Rashtra". :rotfl:

Btw, I don't think 400 Sena workers joining BJP is really a problem at this point.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Just what real maratha and marathis wanted.

1000 trees in Aurangabad to be cut for Bal Thackeray memorial while Uddhav Thackeray halts Mumbai Metro project to save Aarey trees - Opindia News
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/maharas ... ect-aarey/
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

A 2.5 year BJP CMship followed by a 2.5 SS CMship seems so much better now...
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Time for politicians to cash in. Let's see if they follow the undercurrents.

Demand for ‘Disha Type’ Justice for ‘Teku Lakshmi’ on rise
http://www.maahyderabad.in/demand-for-d ... i-on-rise/
Though the gravity of Teku Lakshmi's rape and murder was no less than (Disha) Veterinarian's case in Hyderabad, it failed to draw public attention said to be due to official apathy. People began demanding similar justice to Teku Lakmi family as well. A large number of people took out a massive rally to the Jainoor police station besides observing a complete bandh with schools, offices, establishments closing down seeking 'instant justice' to the Lakshmi's killers. People began shouting slogans like "Lakshmi ki Hatyaronko .. Gloi Maro Saalonko".
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Election jockeys

Delhi Fire: Centre Announces Rs 2 Lakh Ex-Gratia, Delhi Government 10 Lakh To Victims’ Families; Probe Ordered
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/delhi-fir ... be-ordered
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia for families of those killed and Rs 50 thousand for the injured after a massive factory fire on Sunday (8 December) morning killed at least 43 people and injured over a dozen more.

The official Twitter handle of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Office said, "PM Narendra Modi announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each from PMNRF for the next of kin of those who have lost their lives due to the tragic fire in Delhi. PM has also approved Rs 50,000 each for those seriously injured in the fire."
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n ... r4XoO.html
Shiv Sena may back Centre’s citizenship bill, Uddhav Thackeray to take a call today {Everything is fine .. just fine.}

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 421270.cms
Ajit told me Sharad Pawar knew of his NCP+BJP plans: Devendra Fadnavis
MUMBAI: NCP leader Ajit Pawar had approached him seeking to form a government with the BJP, and had said his uncle Sharad Pawar was aware of his plans, former CM Devendra Fadnavis said in an interview to a TV channel on Saturday, speaking in detail about the short-lived BJP-NCP government.
“Ajit Pawar came to me and said they did not want to form a government with the Congress, and that a government with three parties would not be stable. He said he had informed his uncle Sharad Pawar about his plans. In fact, he also told the NCP MLAs who were in contact with him that Sharad Pawar was aware,” said Fadnavis. Significantly, in an earlier interview, Sharad Pawar had said he knew Ajit was meeting Fadnavis but had no idea about any deal to form a government.
BJP adding more mirch-masala to the Maharashtra khichdi form the outside.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... xLhFJ.html
180 Bangladeshis arrested while fleeing India, NRC listed among reasons
Some of the arrested men had been living in India for five to 12 years and two of them were even carrying Indian citizenship documents. A Bangladesh police officer said while reverse migration was not at all rare, the number was unusually high.

Bangladesh border guards, who made the arrests between November 1 and 19, initially suspected it to be a case of infiltration from India but were surprised to find that most had families and properties in Bangladesh. All the arrested people were handed over to Mohespur police station in Jhenaidah district of Bangladesh, across West Bengal’s Nadia district.

“They said they went to work in India and returned because of unfavourable circumstances. In India, most of these people lived in Bengaluru,” said Rashedul Alam, officer-in-charge of Moheshpur police station.
Btw, I had this insane brainwave just now. What if after NRC, the databases of India is matched with the database of Bangladesh?!! :rotfl:

Think of the pozzibilities BUT that can only happen once the whole population within India is in a database ready to be cross-referenced.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

No need for detention centers or deportation. Make it hard for them to find a job, rent a house, open a bank account. They will self deport. Bangladesh has hit replacement level fertility and its economy is not doing bad either. Hopefully, they will continue to do so and all BDs willingly return to their country and take some IMs with them too.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sounds like Bangalore, Kerala is again in the neuj.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Do voters ever ask or wonder if politicians can direct or permit encounters then why can't they direct govt machinery to do things that could prevent need of encounters? Like, register all FIRs. May be some day filing of it would be powered by the prowess of Indian IT such that no need for overworked police officers to be involved. May be they can run scrums, JIRA, etc. to dispatch all FIRs while working from all over the jurisdiction in distributed manner.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shourie is admitted in a pune hospital
Narendra Modi Verified account @narendramodi

In Pune, I met former Union Minister Arun Shourie Ji. Enquired about his health and had a wonderful interaction with him.

We pray for his long and healthy life.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

errr, wasn't djinnah a gujarati too or has this fact been lost sight of by taseer in his blind hatred for Modi and taseer's venom filled rants against the Indian state

added later:

If Djinnah was alive today, he too would have been ranting like a lunatic on Twitter for being denied an OCI card.
:mrgreen:

Aatish Taseer Verified account @AatishTaseer 14h14 hours ago

This is revolting. Close your eyes and try to imagine what would make Jinnah happier: four Indian-Muslim women, speaking out in the best traditions of Indian freedom, or a pair of Gujarati leaders determined to make India unsafe for Muslims and prove the two-nation theory true?

twitter

Jinnah’s Four Sisters working steadfastly for their brother, err ... I’m sorry, I meant ‘Brotherhood’. Top row (left to right): @Shehla_Rashid, @KhanumArfa - Bottom row (left to right): @RanaAyyub, @MuftiIltija

Last edited by chetak on 09 Dec 2019 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

and here is someone asserting his "rights and entitlements" to multiple offshore bank accounts, especially when tihar beckons urgently.

and how India permits corrupted scum to be elected to the parliament needs to be investigated

Karti P Chidambaram Verified account @KartiPC Dec 6

It's time we allow Indian nationals to hold multiple passports. This jingoistic attitude of gauging one's ”patriotism” by virtue of a passport must stop. It's a travel document, if someone is eligible for multiple documents so be it.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

BTW BJP is leading in 10/14 seats in early counting of Karnataka bypolls. Hoping for smooth sailing.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

It is a pleasure to read news sites like that of Deccan Herald. See the way they are reporting the bye election results :rotfl:.
Karnataka Bypoll Results Live: Rizwan Arshad widens lead in Shivajinagar; Narayana Gowda ahead in KR Pet
Completely mum on the remaining seats, because the BJP is leading there :roll:.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Sachin wrote:It is a pleasure to read news sites like that of Deccan Herald. See the way they are reporting the bye election results :rotfl:.
Karnataka Bypoll Results Live: Rizwan Arshad widens lead in Shivajinagar; Narayana Gowda ahead in KR Pet
I'm a voter in Shivajinagar. The BJP candidate was leading, but DH seems to have waited till Rizwan took the lead after a couple of rounds. Both non BJP candidates are Muslim, neither is really known. There are 40% minority voters - Xtians have a strong independent candidate.
If BJP loses this, it will be because Hindu voters are hopelessly divided.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Deans wrote:
Sachin wrote:It is a pleasure to read news sites like that of Deccan Herald. See the way they are reporting the bye election results :rotfl:.
I'm a voter in Shivajinagar. The BJP candidate was leading, but DH seems to have waited till Rizwan took the lead after a couple of rounds. Both non BJP candidates are Muslim, neither is really known. There are 40% minority voters - Xtians have a strong independent candidate.
If BJP loses this, it will be because Hindu voters are hopelessly divided.
Looks like BJP is winning KR Pet. HDK was desperate to save his stronghold but BJP is breaching it.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

BTW 12/15 now. Con is leading in 2 and BJP rebel is wining one as independent.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Karnataka Bypolls: BJP poised to secure majority.
After reporting the above, the reporter have gone to the nearest Bar/Wine shop to drink and whine :((. And the win is for sure a breather for the BJP, after their plans in MH failed. If they had lost in KA as well, then the main stream media would have been running around the town stating that BJP would be out of India soon.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Sachin wrote:Karnataka Bypolls: BJP poised to secure majority.
After reporting the above, the reporter have gone to the nearest Bar/Wine shop to drink and whine :((. And the win is for sure a breather for the BJP, after their plans in MH failed. If they had lost in KA as well, then the main stream media would have been running around the town stating that BJP would be out of India soon.
Finally BS Yedurappa has been vindicated that he brings stability to Karnataka. 8) Till 2028 it will be stable Karnataka and hopefully it brings Chalukya effect to neighboring states in the east.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Not just east, hope people to the northern state also stop their loyalty to the 2 clans and vote wisely the next time.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Hopefully BSY can run the KA govt without any fear of collapse or Cong mechanism and complete his 4 years.
To be fair to him, He has never been accorded a chance to run the govt with a sword hanging.
On top, He would want to leave his legacy knowing that this is his last stint as CM.
A stable KA can bring much needed development required for Bangalore which is bursting at seams.

All the best to BSY.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Proposal in favour of introduction of Citizenship Amendment Bill passes in Lok Sabha with 293 Ayes and 82 Noes