2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Avtar Singh »

^^^ 100% correct...
this was all necessary draining of the swamp..
all this sh#t and nonsense of Indian economy doomed forever/low growth yada yada.

I only wish PM Modi would dump every rule and regulation left over by imperialists/islamists

+++ A budget where the tax code is reduced to a 10 page A5 pamphlet...
sensex would gap up 300%+++
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, fellow BRites in India, please help me with my above query on the scale of the so called 'peaceful protests' in India. I need this as ammunition against many pseudo secular ignoramuses whom I am meeting at various holiday events.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Most of the Protest is in the MSM, rehashing. UBCN has already declared the Protests over. In fact, there is a massive backlash AGAINST the Protestors. Law students got mad at their college being "represented" as opposing CAA, and came out blasting. IITM students are up in arms, saying that no one elected the leftist goons to represent them. And so on. Jamia Millia and Aligarh have been shown up as very sick - goons ordering VC to resign etc. They need to clean up their houses, and I think that is going to happen in short order. The German Pompous Advice-Givers who compared the govt to their own Nazis, got kicked out - and the Indian social media reaction is an amazing "good riddance!"

So anyone releasing hot air on this is just wasting their farts.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Sickulars have opened a new front in CAA protest - this time in BHU. Media is giving complete coverage now that Jamia and AMU is firmly under police prashashan. I get an impression that anti-CAA brotest is now gasping for breath and desparation is setting in to add fuel to fire. As precautionary measure, UP has clamped down 14 districts since it is Fridin. Other than some manufactured outrage in Assam rest of the country seems to be quite.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

CRamS wrote:Guys, fellow BRites in India, please help me with my above query on the scale of the so called 'peaceful protests' in India. I need this as ammunition against many pseudo secular ignoramuses whom I am meeting at various holiday events.
Over the past two weeks, I have been on the road in the southern triangle of BLR-HYD-MAA and travelled extensively within each city. Must have covered at least 2000km in total. All I saw was that life was going on as normal, good/normal levels of traffic on the highways, same old queues at toll plazas, etc. Absolutely zero sign of any nonsense. Only heard about a brotest at Corporation/Town Hall circle in BLR, maybe one or two campuses in Chennai/HYD. The average guy either doesn't know much about it and going about his life, or is generally approving in terms of security. Only media studios and ITVity offices are working themselves into a frenzy, no one else gives a sh1t.

Ask your friends to stop reading NDTV and look at local news in the so-called "vernaculars". They'll know exactly what's happening here (or not happening). Also, since you are our resident NDTV patron, this request applies to you to, saar! :).

Lastly, ask them to count the number of cities from which "incidents" have been reported - that would put things in perspective. India has, what, 6,50,000 villages and 100 0.5million+ cities?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

arshyam wrote:Over the past two weeks, I have been on the road in the southern triangle of BLR-HYD-MAA and travelled extensively within each city. Must have covered at least 2000km in total. All I saw was that life was going on as normal, good/normal levels of traffic on the highways, same old queues at toll plazas, etc. Absolutely zero sign of any nonsense. Only heard about a brotest at Corporation/Town Hall circle in BLR, maybe one or two campuses in Chennai/HYD. The average guy either doesn't know much about it and going about his life, or is generally approving in terms of security. Only media studios and ITVity offices are working themselves into a frenzy, no one else gives a sh1t.

Ask your friends to stop reading NDTV and look at local news in the so-called "vernaculars". They'll know exactly what's happening here (or not happening). Also, since you are our resident NDTV patron, this request applies to you to, saar! :).

Lastly, ask them to count the number of cities from which "incidents" have been reported - that would put things in perspective. India has, what, 6,50,000 villages and 100 0.5million+ cities?
Shyam, does the post include major part of Hyd as well? Usually "old city" area erupts even for a bomb dropped on west bank, it's a pleasant surprise if overall things have been calm there.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

darshan wrote:
nandakumar wrote: But who sold the land in the first place?
I'm not from the area so can't tell how and why the Hindu and/or Sindhi owner sold out.

In my young days, I had canvassed through this area on a regular basis and know that even a single sighting of a skullcap would have put the whole area on alert as riots were regular in those days. Nowadays property prices would be all depressed in this area with this one act. Just a simple case of traditional breach due to some jaichand. Something that the disturbed areas act supposed to prevent by not allowing immediate sale without investigation of circumstances and effects.

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 154_1.html
I don't know if there is any legal way to stop this phenomenon. And this is not unique to India. The religious or ethnic composition of a locality does undergo changes over time. My friends from the US have told me how real estate price are prone to high fluctuations. One locality starts out as all-white middle class suburb. Then one black moves in after acquiring a property from an existing owner. Prices drop steeply. Fearing further erosion many others follow suit and sell out for whatever prices they can get. Before long, the ethnic/racial composition of the neighbourhood public school changes. Suddenly the incumbents face a double whammy. They now have to look for an expensive private school which strains their budget further that is already burdened with high EMIs for the houses they have built.
rrao
BRFite

Post by rrao »

why Hindus are not organizing nation wide protest in support of Kashmiri pandits, who have been thrown out of their legitimate properties in Kashmir?
Abrogation of Article 370 is only a farticle? :shock: :oops:
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

arshyam wrote:
CRamS wrote:Guys, fellow BRites in India, please help me with my above query on the scale of the so called 'peaceful protests' in India. I need this as ammunition against many pseudo secular ignoramuses whom I am meeting at various holiday events.
Over the past two weeks, I have been on the road in the southern triangle of BLR-HYD-MAA and travelled extensively within each city. Must have covered at least 2000km in total. All I saw was that life was going on as normal, good/normal levels of traffic on the highways, same old queues at toll plazas, etc. Absolutely zero sign of any nonsense. Only heard about a brotest at Corporation/Town Hall circle in BLR, maybe one or two campuses in Chennai/HYD. The average guy either doesn't know much about it and going about his life, or is generally approving in terms of security. Only media studios and ITVity offices are working themselves into a frenzy, no one else gives a sh1t.

+100
If you travel on the road, outside one or two places, there is hardly anything going on.
In India, most of the young and not so young want to get rich before they get old. No one has time and inclination to fight imaginary battles other than professional commies, paid protestors and students.
I have seen how Aarey tree cutting was hyped up as the biggest dharna in Mumbai and when I visited the place, there were less than 50 people with placards making noise while cops were having tea and managing traffic. There was more media vans than protestors.
Don't ever go by the news footage or video shots or noise from inside the studio or even SM. India is too large, over populated and diverse. Even on a slow news day, you can find people protesting and burning vehicles and pelting stones at police somewhere.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The obvious answer is buying nonsense from 'international' propaganda and infighting for blindness.

The other non-inobvious reply is that hindoo is neither believer Nor enslaved AND not colonized AND organized AND so on.

Same goes for bangla hindoos for that matter. Even giving citizenship to the oppressed is protest-worthy.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Pop-quiz: name the last Hindu Bengali ruler of erstwhile Bengal ? (No I don't know honestly, not even sure if there was any).

My eternal surprise about Bharat losing so many battles in medieval &later ages and few 100 thousand ruling us is now a distant memory. Now I am surprised, How did we survive the onslaught knowing how some of the Hindus in Key positions would have behaved. It makes no violent political sense that we still are carrying forward the faith of our ancestors.

One Babar from far away land turns up at the gates of Delhi and easily sows seeds of an empire,
some violent Nadir Shah travels all the way from Iran and slaughters whole of Delhi and takes away so much gold that it causes hyper inflation in Tehran,
One Gazanavi decides to make a recurring visit across Sindhu to collect his monies while a Khilji can loot upto down south.

I am now sure that they had allies like Gandhi, Nehru, Gujaral Raul, Lallu, Pawar, Jagan , UT etc. helping them directly or indirectly through the history.
Surprisingly we had no from Ganga-Yamuna land or Krishna-Godavari basin ever knocking up at the gates of Delhi-Agra and taking over (except for a aberration called Suri but he too was a Islamist) even during weak or almost fragmented center
till Peshwai forces showed up for a shot duration.

My respect for Indic Leaders who withstood Islamic or British onslaught and protected Dharma has gone up many folds.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Another list of characters gathering ....

https://twitter.com/_YogendraYadav/stat ... 6231176192
Yogendra Yadav @_YogendraYadav

Today, 12 noon, Press Club

Movement activists and Bollywood Actors speak to media on the reign of terror in Uttar Pradesh

* Swara Bhaskar
* Zeeshan Ayub

* Team PUDR
* Colin Gonsalves
* Harsh Mander
* Kavita Krishnan
* Nadeem Khan
* Yogendra Yadav

Parvez 9810610676
I don't think these gyanis don't understand that Yogi/Modi will be believed over their bious pronouncements.

So why are they still doing this? I think their backers and funders are demanding their money's worth and these worthies are doing mujra to satisfy their backers and funders to keep the tap open. Theek hai.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Try pratapaditya
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratapaditya
Pratapaditya (Bengali: প্রতাপাদিত্য) (1561–1611 CE) was a zamindar, and later, the Hindu king of Jessore, and among the most prominent of the Baro-Bhuyan on the Bengal region of the Indian subcontinent,[1] who fought against the Mughal Empire. He ruled over a Hindu kingdom in Bengal, which, at its zenith encompassed the districts of Nadia, North 24 Parganas and South 24 Parganas in West Bengal, as well as extending into modern-day Bangladesh from Kushtia district in north, Barisal in east and Sundarbans and Bay of Bengal to south.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

There are 50k odd anti CAA tweets every day, wonder who is running that what possible good will come of it.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ANINewsUP/status/12 ... 2076267520
ANI UP @ANINewsUP

Uttar Pradesh Police: In connection with violence during anti #CitizenshipAmendmentAct protests, 327 FIRs registered across the state.1113 arrested and preventive action taken against 5558 people. 19 people dead. 288 police personnel injured of which 61 received bullet injuries.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Karthik S wrote:There are 50k odd anti CAA tweets every day, wonder who is running that what possible good will come of it.
Slowdown Foreign Investments- influence the mood of the average non religious westerner, Gulf Businessman and above all Delhi and Bihar elections. They succeeded last time in Delhi Big time remember. They plan similar such activity for till 2024 elections to topple Modi- they feel emboldened now.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Karthik S wrote:There are 50k odd anti CAA tweets every day, wonder who is running that what possible good will come of it.
there are lot of useful idiots apart from motivated media houses, JNU, AMU, JMI students. Think about it ..10 tweets from half of students everyday..which is not too much to expect...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

They have named names and given details, both of which are not usually done.

Someone has cracked down rather brutally on these "legal luminaries" and they have done well too.

Can't imagines lady "legal luminaries" being involved in such murky affairs and it's usually their husbands/relatives who form the collection agencies and run the sales franchises to market "favorable" pronouncements and verdicts and bail rackets.

HC dismisses three Tamil Nadu judges, allows graft probe against one

HC dismisses three Tamil Nadu judges, allows graft probe against one

A Subramani
Dec 23, 2019,

CHENNAI: The Madras high court has cracked the whip against corruption and inefficiency in Tamil Nadu subordinate judiciary, and ordered dismissal of three judicial officers, while denying the usual extension of service by two years for eight others. More importantly, in a first, it has also permitted criminal prosecution of one of the dismissed district judges under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988. Another judge was given five increment cuts with cumulative effect and she was placed under ‘strict watch’.

The crackdown has come more than four years after 10 district judges were removed in batches during the tenure of Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul as chief justice of the Madras high court.

S Manvizhi, a former additional district judge in Namakkal, now under suspension and not permitted to retire from service, will now face prosecution for various irregularities she has been charged with.

Citing an administrative committee’s recommendation to prosecute her under Section 197 of CrPC and Section 19 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, the full court said it had unanimously resolved that the officer deserved to be dismissed from service. The criminal prosecution already sanctioned may also proceed, it said, adding: “Accordingly, it is resolved to dismiss the officer from service, and to allow the prosecution of the officer.”

Among two others dismissed from service are K Vijayakumar, a former judicial magistrate-I at Krishnagiri, now under suspension due to irregularities noticed in May 2015. As his explanations were not satisfactory, charges were framed and he was asked to counter them. At the end of the proceedings all the seven charges were proved against him. Acceding to the administrative committee order, the full court of judges pointed out that the charges against the officer related to financial embezzlement involving substantial pilferage of fine amounts that have been found to be proved during the inquiry. “The report clearly establishes the charges against the delinquent officer,” it said.

T Ponprakash, the then principal district judge of Ramanathapuram, had attained superannuation on reaching 58 years in March 2017, but was not allowed to retire as disciplinary action had been initiated. He was placed under suspension instead. Now, more than two and half years later, the Full Court took into account the ‘gravity of charges’ against him, and decided to dismiss him from service.

Two other judicial officers have been imposed increment cut for five years, besides the prospect of being ‘kept under strict watch’. N Rajalakshmi, the then XVII metropolitan magistrate at Saidapet in Chennai, faced a total of seven charges. As an inquiry proved four of them, the issued was placed before the administrative committee and the chief justice. Now, the Full Court has considered the ‘gravity’ of the charges against her, and concluded that they should withhold five increments with cumulative effect. “The officer be kept under strict watch,” the Full Court resolved.

Similarly, T Jayashree, VIII metropolitan magistrate at George Town in Chennai, too, shall be ‘kept under strict watch’ besides suffering five increments being withheld, as grave charges against had been proved after inquiry.

P C Savithiri, formerly district munsif-cum-judicial officer at Denkanikottai in Krishnagiri district was let off with a censure, but the Full Court pointed out that she had already been punished with a ‘stoppage of increment’ and that there was another discreet inquiry pending against her.

A senior civil judge, S Chellapandian, aged 55 years and now chairman of Taxation Appeals Tribunal at the Madurai Corporation, has been compulsorily retired on health grounds. He was aged 55 years.

Eight other judicial officers have been denied the near-usual extension of service from 55 years or 58 years upto 60 years. They are: N Thirunavukkarasu, additional district judge in Salem, K Mani, formerly III additional district judge at Gobichettipalayam, M Gomathinayagam, judge of Family Court in Nagercoil, S Gansan, presiding officer at Principal Labour Court in Chennai, G Thanendran, formerly IV additional judge of city civil court in Chennai, Meena Satheesh, principal district judge of Krishnagiri. S Devanathan, II additional district judge in Tirunelveli and M Pithcammal, district judge and formerly chairman of lok Adalat in Tiruvallur.

The Full Court, however, gave its nod for extension of service to 17 serving subordinate judicial officers to remain in service till they turn 60 years.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Now that India has done all the heavy lifting, we need to see how grateful the eyeranians really are. :mrgreen:

Chabahar Port: US gives ‘written’ assurance to India facilitating banks to fund $85 mn equipment purchase

Chabahar Port: US gives ‘written’ assurance to India facilitating banks to fund $85 mn equipment purchase

P Manoj
December 25, 2019

The port is of great strategic importance for the development of regional maritime transit traffic to Afghanistan and Central Asia

In a big breakthrough, the United States has given a written assurance to India that will help facilitate global banks to fund the purchase of equipment worth $85 million to be erected at Chabahar port which India is developing in Iran.

In November 2018, the United States granted a waiver to the port from the sanctions it has imposed on the Persian Gulf nation.

“We have to procure equipment for running the port, but because of the US sanctions, we are not able to procure,” a government official briefed on the issue said.

“We have placed the orders for equipment, some as long as two years ago, but we are not able to open a letter of credit (LCs). Banks are not coming forward. The US had earlier given verbal assurances (on the waiver fine print) but were very reluctant to give anything in writing, and the banks insist on the document. Now, after the recent visit of Foreign Minister S Jaishankar, they have given us something in writing, and we are trying to go ahead,” the official stated.

“The payments are in dollars. We need some banks which deal in dollars or euros, so we have to hit the international banking system and there if the word Iran comes, no bank is prepared to stick its neck out,” he stated.

India Ports Global (a 60:40 joint venture between Jawaharlal Port Trust and Deendayal Port Trust) and Aria Banader Iranian Port signed a deal in May 2016 to equip and operate the container and multi-purpose terminals at Shahid Beheshti – Chabahar Port Phase-I with capital investment of $85.21 million and annual revenue expenditure of $ 22.95 million on a 10-year lease. Cargo revenues collected will be shared by India and Iran as per an agreed formula.

Located in the Sistan-Baluchistan Province on Iran’s South-eastern coast (outside the Persian Gulf), Chabahar port is of great strategic importance for the development of regional maritime transit traffic to Afghanistan and Central Asia.

India Ports Global has ordered four rail-mounted quay cranes (RMQCs) for a combined $29.8 million from Chinese port crane maker Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries Co Ltd (ZPMC) and 14 rubber-tyred gantry cranes or RTGCs for about $18 million from Finnish crane maker Cargotec OYJ for erecting at Chabahar port. It had also placed orders for purchasing mobile harbour cranes at Italy’s Italgru SRL.

“The payments for the equipment can only be made when LCs are opened. Once you open the LC, the other party knows that the bank assures the money. And then, they start making the equipment. That is the whole purpose of LC. Then, the bank releases the money as per the stages/timelines specified in the contract,” the official said.

Because of the delay in opening the LCs, the equipment delivery will also be delayed, he added.

The delay in installing the equipment has, in turn, delayed India’s plans to hire an Indian manage, operate and maintain (MOM) contractor for the port.

“If the equipment is not there what will we do by having an Indian MOM operator; that is for the full ten-year contract. Currently, we are making short contracts until the issues are sorted out. Because of the sanctions, everything has been spoiled,” he added.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Meanwhile in Gulf, anyone seen as Pro-CAA is being harrassed by fellow Indians(mainly keralite muslims) to apologize or leave.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

People's Republic of Kerala went back to regular programming quickly.

I think most of the CAA protesters are the 'Oppose Modi' crowd. They will 'oppose' anything.

I have an aunt on SHQ side who turned to 'oppose modi' overnight because of the 'kitna gaya' problem. Rest of the whole extended family is firmly 'sanghi' onlee. So, family occasions are quite fun to watch. We had one on Xmas day, and she goes "My problem is.. this simply polarizes the country. Moslems will agitate and even attack us, so peaceful life will be gone". According to her, we should accommodate the 'sentiments' of them, since they will go violent and attack us if we don't.

It had been the POV of most of the people. Now, it has generally changed to "Let it run and see where it goes. We will have a 'new normal' once it is all over".

That is what exactly happening now. Each of the parties are now making the 'ultimate play' where claims are being staked within the 'new normal'. I think we can afford to be tough and hold onto what is rightfully ours. I for one am not for 'winner takes it all', but for the 'rightful share'. I don't want to try right the wrongs of centuries. I want to be right and just in the 21st, and continue to be so as long as we can.

Hope MAD stay the course onlee.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ArjunPandit wrote:
there are lot of useful idiots apart from motivated media houses, JNU, AMU, JMI students. Think about it ..10 tweets from half of students everyday..which is not too much to expect...

NRC-CAA: Indian journalists malign Modi govt in foreign publications

NRC-CAA: Indian journalists malign Modi govt in foreign publications

The western publications excel in India-baiting, with generous contributions on false narratives by Indian journalists and writers.

KANWAL SIBAL
24-12-2019

It is painful how several Indian journalists are maligning their own country in the articles they are writing for the Western press on the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 (CAA) and the envisaged National Register of Citizens (NRC). To advance their destructive agenda, they are distorting or misrepresenting facts and are attributing the worst possible motives to the government.

Hollow reporting

Though not required to defend the government, they are also not expected to launch a smear campaign against it. Any sensitive and sensible Indian citizen would have some qualms about slandering their own government — and by extension, their own country — in the international opinion-building AngloSaxon foreign press. But these Modi/BJP-baiters seem to lack any.

Major damage is being done to India’s external image by internal anti-Modi forces in league with the so-called liberal Western press. Having largely failed to counter him politically in the domestic domain, the objective is to de-legitimise his agenda internationally as much as possible by projecting him as an anti-secular Hindu nationalist, authoritarian and as anti-democratic.

A pernicious narrative being assiduously promoted is that the anti-Muslim Modi government, determined to impose its Hindutava ideology, is set to take away the nationality of Indian Muslims wholesale and potentially put millions of them in detention camps and that the judiciary is compliant, the press intimidated, and the Indian democracy itself in danger. Some of the damage caused may not be easily undone as anti-Modi elements in India and alienated Indian-origin lobbies abroad continually feed into entrenched anti-Indian prejudices amongst self-defined Western “liberals” against Hinduism, any consolidating role it might play in nation-building, the fall-out of that on the minorities, in particular, Christian, and the government’s curbs on foreign-funded NGOs seen as limiting their ground-level political and religious activities.

A pernicious narrative being assiduously promoted is that the anti-Muslim Modi government is set to take away the nationality of Indian Muslims.

India’s show of independence in foreign policy-making, lingering aversion of Western non-proliferation lobbies to our nuclear defiance, perceived lack of economic reforms and market opening in India to meet Western demands are other sources of antipathy towards India. The Washington Post (WP) and the New York Times (NYT) excel in India-baiting, with generous contributions by Indian journalists and writers. The unwillingness of these publications to sift what is patent propaganda and false reporting exposes their pretension to quality reporting. The WP bemoans the longest ever Internet shutdown by democracy without recognising the unceasing direct challenge India faces of sustained Islamic jihad by Pakistan whose leadership has called for a bloodbath in Kashmir for which the social media is a powerful tool.

‘Liberal’ angst

The West knows this well from its own experience, but in India’s case this measure is seen as an “excuse”. The WP in its editorial broadside does not acknowledge at all India’s problem of Pakistan-instigated terrorism in Kashmir, a fact that the US government does in various documents.

The word “Pakistan” or “terrorism” is absent altogether from WP’s pietistic assault on India, exposing the fraudulence of its concerns. For WP to claim that CAA will further marginalise the Muslim minority shows that its editors, blinded by prejudice, have not sufficiently applied their mind to understand the scope of the CAA. It is in response to the situation in one Indian state — Assam — where it seeks to legalise the status of non-Muslim illegal migrants from Bangladesh, escaping discrimination and persecution, but not that of illegal Muslim migrants from Bangladesh who do not fall in that category.

That the whole exercise began under a Congress government and is monitored by the Supreme Court is conveniently ignored by the WP.

Western prejudice

An NYT column plays insidious politics against the Indian state by approving the coming together of Muslims, Sikhs and “secular” university students, supposedly kept “apart for years” by divisive politics. It speaks of a “contentious citizenship law” that favours every South Asian faith over Islam (how Buddhism and Christianity are restricted to South Asia as faiths only NYT knows).

The CAA is merely an amendment to the law, a point that the NYT supposedly impeccable journalistic standards miss. A Bengaluru-based Sikh is quoted as saying nonsensically that “those who want to implement discriminatory laws want to do a second Partition as if the millions dying in the first one wasn’t enough.”

When the column says: “And the Supreme Court, in a case known as ‘Ayodhya’ ruled that a temple could be built at the site where a centuries-old mosque once stood before a Hindu mob tore it down,” it qualifies as clueless political idiocy. A Muslim is quoted as saying: “When Kashmir happened, when Ayodhya happened, no one questioned our citizenship. We were still first-class citizens. But how much longer do we have?”

How the revocation of Article 370 and the Supreme Court’s judgment on Ayodhya has anything to do, even remotely, with the citizenship of Indian Muslims at large only the NYT journalists, acting as an echo-chamber of propaganda against India to suit the paper’s hollow “liberal” agenda, know
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

It's ridiculous the scale and longevity of these protests. How can people be so misinformed as to not know what they are protesting against. I'm very certain that over 90% of those on the streets have no idea what they are protesting against, cause if they did them they would realize that it is nothing to do with the citizens of India.

Maybe it's time for the government to run a large scale media campaign to emphasize on the fact that CAA is nothing to do with Indians and then quietly go about its business in the background. Any further over ground targeting of libtards is likely to further fuel the protests and give them fresh ammo.

While I myself don't agree with the principle behind the CAA and granting any sort of refuge to anyone when we ourselves are struggling for resources but still, the issue is hardly important enough to attain this scale.

Perhaps it's a result of a tipping point of an economic slowdown and perceived anti Muslim measures over the years, though whatever it is, hope the BJP is aware of the need to show humility and manage perception, so that it does not become a case of pride coming before the fall.

A lot of effort has gone into cleaning house by the government and I want it to last another term so that it can witness the fruits of its labour.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://youtu.be/tAy0t9PB8ok
And anyone in doubt of Why so much angst against the CAA
Please see the oft repeated 'Bihari' in Bangladesh which the 'Bleesfuls' left them stranded in Beedi now want us to take.
I think the 'Troika' decision on CAAA is mostly aimed at this and hence our 'Bleesfuls' especially from UP/Bihar are resenting as their relatives are stranded in Beedi as 'persona non grata' :shock:
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

vinod wrote:Meanwhile in Gulf, anyone seen as Pro-CAA is being harrassed by fellow Indians(mainly keralite muslims) to apologize or leave.
We saw how that turned out for that bunch screaming Azadi in Dubai last Friday, it lasted all but 20 minutes before the cavalry showed up in riot gear to round them up. They're now awaiting clearance of some IFS babu in the consulate before they can receive suspended 1 month sentences followed by deportation.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

TWO charts explaining #CAA and #NRC

Feel free to share them widely. Translate them as needed. No credit needed.

The lies of those against India need to be stopped to SAVE India.

darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Gujarat: Doctor abducted and assaulted by family members after patient Ruksar Pathan dies following C-section surgery
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/muslim- ... r-surgery/
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

chetak ji, apologies but do you think people who are protesting will read this and stop protesting like they are???.. yes it helps change narrative on SM and argue (no harm in that). But my viewpoint is people have formed opinions irrespective of facts. Facts are being selected to fit their narrative by Bestern and peacefull desi media. More than these images, and whatsapp fwds, police lathis are needed to save india.
Do you remember the protests of 2005-06 when the UPA govt introduced OBC quota and eventually introduced seats. There were widespread protests by students but no bus burning. Even in that winter water cannons were used but I dont remember such widespread damage to public property ..that was a welcome change from the protests of mandal commission..in which btw youth were immolating themselves. Sorry for ranting on you..
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

+1, they are like robots which get activated upon command and don't care about anything.

Not sure what RJ people achieve by voting Congress.

Rajasthan: 77 kids die in Kota’s JK Lon Hospital in December, hospital and district administration rule out negligence
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/rajasth ... egligence/
In a major public health system disaster in Congress-ruled Rajasthan, seventy-seven children have died in Kota’s JK Lon Hospital in the first 24 days of this month and 10 kids have died in the last 48 hours, reports Times of India.

According to the reports, the JK Lon Hospital in Kota, Rajasthan has stated that 10 children who died over the last couple of days were extremely critical and on ventilator support.

However, the hospital has given a clean chit to itself by forming a committee to investigate the deaths, which has now ruled out any negligence saying resources and equipment were functioning properly.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Since before 1947, this is what the BIF, the commies and the naxals have sought to subjugate and prevent: The rise of a proud, productive, progressive and powerful civilization that will not cower down anymore.

It was just waiting for the right set of leaders to emerge from the fog of history where it was wilfully consigned by the abrahamics who colluded to do the dirty.

what the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly.

twitter

Source of anger is not CAA; it is just convenient provocation. It’s rise of Hindu nationalism - n unsettling popularity of the man who can make it a bestseller on stump - that propels resentment. Muslim revolt agnst Hindu regime has been officially launched in 2019.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ArjunPandit wrote:chetak ji, apologies but do you think people who are protesting will read this and stop protesting like they are???.. yes it helps change narrative on SM and argue (no harm in that). But my viewpoint is people have formed opinions irrespective of facts. Facts are being selected to fit their narrative by Bestern and peacefull desi media. More than these images, and whatsapp fwds, police lathis are needed to save india.
Do you remember the protests of 2005-06 when the UPA govt introduced OBC quota and eventually introduced seats. There were widespread protests by students but no bus burning. Even in that winter water cannons were used but I dont remember such widespread damage to public property ..that was a welcome change from the protests of mandal commission..in which btw youth were immolating themselves. Sorry for ranting on you..

just be aware saar and try and push this meme on whatever platforms you have access to.

there are a lot of gora handles on SM who need to know.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Congress and Vatican seem to be the same in Punjab.

Congress leader files complaint against Raveena Tandon and others for ‘disrespecting’ ‘Hallelujah’, hurting Christian sentiments
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/congres ... entiments/

Responding to allegations, Raveen Tandon on Friday clarified that she has not even uttered a word which can be interpreted as an insult to any religion. She also said that three of them including Farah Khan and Bharti Singh never intended to offend anyone.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

chetak wrote: just be aware saar and try and push this meme on whatever platforms you have access to.

sure..my both twitter a/cs achieved shahadat...have to rebuild them... are you there???
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Not sure if this place gets any money from the center.

Jadavpur University students to ‘rusticate’ Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar as Chancellor and ‘disown’ him as WB Governor
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/jadavpu ... p-dhankar/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ArjunPandit wrote:
chetak wrote: just be aware saar and try and push this meme on whatever platforms you have access to.

sure..my both twitter a/cs achieved shahadat...have to rebuild them... are you there???

I wish I could, but I am not on SM, never was.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Bah. What's their worry? That GoI may figure out how their anti Hindu editing works? Open editing. :rotfl:

Wikimedia Foundation expresses deep concerns about India’s proposed intermediary liability rules
https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/26/wikim ... ity-rules/
Amanda Keton, general counsel of Wikimedia Foundation, said on Thursday that India’s proposed changes to the intermediary rules may have serious impact on Wikipedia’s business — as it operates an open editing model that relies on users to contribute new articles and make changes to existing articles on Wikipedia — as well as those of other organizations.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Embedded video ..

https://twitter.com/IndiaToday/status/1 ... 5281376256
India Today @IndiaToday

Muslim cleric from Muzaffarnagar apologises for breaking law and indulging in violence, arson and riots during #CAA protests (@gauravcsawant)

#IndiaFirst full show: https://bit.ly/2ryuQrs
https://twitter.com/Abhina_Prakash/stat ... 8968223744
Abhinav Prakash @Abhina_Prakash

Over the past few days massive rallies are taking place across the country in favour of CAA 2019. But few shrill left-wing university activists appropriating the name of their institutions make for better screen time.
Pro-CAA rallies and marches doesn't fit the narrative of the MSM therefore gets no screen time.
Last edited by pankajs on 27 Dec 2019 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

darshan wrote:Not sure if this place gets any money from the center.

Jadavpur University students to ‘rusticate’ Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar as Chancellor and ‘disown’ him as WB Governor
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/jadavpu ... p-dhankar/
not my president has gone too far....
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

I thought this happens only in lalabakilands where a student can complain against principal (!! Insulted rilijjun) and promptly there are riots and mobs attacks and principal is suspended to calm riots - because some illiterate student claimed something.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Aditya_V wrote:
Slowdown Foreign Investments- influence the mood of the average non religious westerner, Gulf Businessman and above all Delhi and Bihar elections. They succeeded last time in Delhi Big time remember. They plan similar such activity for till 2024 elections to topple Modi- they feel emboldened now.
Right on money.

They are creating environment of feel-bad factor from SM to MSM to real world.
With victories across central India and breaking up of alliance in Maha, They see a Sliver of opening to topple BJP, hence all this effort to manufacture another round of leadership who can take on Amit Shah, Modi Ji still being many miles ahead.

Running a twitter campaign is actually pretty cheap. For less than USD 2,000, one can run a campaign with 50K tweets everyday.