2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Jay
BRFite

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Jay »

Sachin wrote: It is only in the last 10 years I actually got a liking towards the law (courtesy a senior friend who moved from DRI to practise as a lawyer). It was only after this I tried to understand the law making procedure, the age old relics of IPC, Cr.PC etc and the most favourite and common one the MV. Act 1988 (and its recent amendment).
Can you recommend any books or other reference material to read up and understand the laws of the land and the context behind them and how they come into place?
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Rsatchi wrote:
Kakkaji wrote:Just watched Tanhaji. Good movie. No psec stuff. Unabashed 'Bhagwa' theme through the movie. 8)
I am not a historian but a history buff!!
It is more 'Bhagwa' on 'Bhagwa' don't U think
Look at the two main protagonist
Both dharmic one fighting for 'Mataram' and the other fighting for the 'Timurid Descendent' for some Thukda in Registhan
This has been and will be our constant problem sir!!!
Prithvi, Hemu, Shivaji, Ramaraya :x :evil:
I don't understand what was the need for Devgan to take Timur ka baap. He couldn't find another actor to play Udaybhan? That tells me he is a cover for bhaiwood. He is part of the problem. By bhaiwood standards, the movie no doubt brings out Hindu/Sanatan Dharma points little bit better. But I think he is the cover for the swamp.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Dileep wrote: The question I have is about NRC. How are we going to pull it off? Right now, even the census is going to be tough in some areas. People are getting hostile on any information gathering. So, how can it be done?

As mentioned earlier, big data is the only solution. The important missing link here is the connections between persons. That is the key to establish citizenship to an acceptable reliability. If I am citizen, definitely my siblings and cousins should be. There may be 'hair splitting' cases, but that is not a real concern.

So, how do we collect information on cross relationships? That too without making it too obvious for the aam admi?

1. Ration card is the primary document that links a family together. I think Aadhar of all members is required even now.
2. Fathers name is required for voters id, PAN and some other documents. But mothers name is not. Also, there is no aadhar link required for parent's name, and it can't be made mandatory.

So, what do we do?
Dileepji
great suggestion, all is feasible, of course with some challenges. The biggest one is the fierce resistance to this govt. The bigger problem is that a lot of population, esp illegal, will be uncovered.
Regarding NRC, this to me is a disturbing trend which must be tamed here itself. It's a classic show of force to say who rules the land. IF govt cant do census then what else will it be stopped from? tax collections, policing? Even if it requires deploying army it must be done.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

KLNMurthy wrote:
eklavya wrote:^^^^
The counter violence in JNU on 5 Jan did nothing to restore dharma, it was utterly adharmic, and it grossly violated basic norms of law & order.
For Hindus Geeta is the reference textbook for dharma-determination. And along with it, the Mahabharata is the standard case study for dharmic debate.

It is overwhelmingly clear from these sources that when dharma is injured by adharmic forces (suffers "glani"), restoring the balance requires that the normal rules of dharma be temporarily suspended. As in, you normally refrain from killing family members, but when adharma rules, that is what has to be done for restoring balance. As to who is to make the decision, the answer is, "righteous individuals who are immersed in the Supreme Reality." If the decisions are made by wrong persons in the wrong spirit, the karmic cycle will take care of the consequences.

I offer no judgment on the attack on JNU--if it wasn't a false flag operation by provocateurs, it seems, at worst, to be a response by activists who were fed up with adharmic and downright evil nonsense being touted day and night as the ultimate virtue. As to whether the actions were spiritually adharmic, only time and the Ultimate Supreme Reality, IOW, history, can provide answers.
I offer another example in the application of gita in our own times. Prior to 2014, every 2-3 years there would be major bomb/terrorist attacks in indian cities. Do we hear them now? Same thing will happen in next 5-10 years in J&K. Stone pelting is already down. Preservation of dharm, is also dharm, by all means. It is only in gandhian literature and nehruvian interpretations, we see the means given more importance than the ends .
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

ArjunPandit wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:
For Hindus Geeta is the reference textbook for dharma-determination. And along with it, the Mahabharata is the standard case study for dharmic debate.

It is overwhelmingly clear from these sources that when dharma is injured by adharmic forces (suffers "glani"), restoring the balance requires that the normal rules of dharma be temporarily suspended. As in, you normally refrain from killing family members, but when adharma rules, that is what has to be done for restoring balance. As to who is to make the decision, the answer is, "righteous individuals who are immersed in the Supreme Reality." If the decisions are made by wrong persons in the wrong spirit, the karmic cycle will take care of the consequences.

I offer no judgment on the attack on JNU--if it wasn't a false flag operation by provocateurs, it seems, at worst, to be a response by activists who were fed up with adharmic and downright evil nonsense being touted day and night as the ultimate virtue. As to whether the actions were spiritually adharmic, only time and the Ultimate Supreme Reality, IOW, history, can provide answers.
I offer another example in the application of gita in our own times. Prior to 2014, every 2-3 years there would be major bomb/terrorist attacks in indian cities. Do we hear them now? Same thing will happen in next 5-10 years in J&K. Stone pelting is already down. Preservation of dharm, is also dharm, by all means. It is only in gandhian literature and nehruvian interpretations, we see the means given more importance than the ends .
Brilliant post AP.
What was Dharma for people in previous Yugas may not be Dharma for us. Dharma is Desh & kaal-related.
Karna was not admonished for not fighting for first 10 days of MB war but Arjun got a eye opening Gyana from Srihari when he wanted to retire even before the war started.

Where Gandhian Non-violence ideology missed the trick was to make Peacefulness == Harmlessness.
A country or govt will never achieve peace and non violence unless it has the capability to unleash unbound violence.
After all no one messes with a Rhino or a Hippo or a elephant but everyone takes a jab at a gazelle.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http ... c4ODk3MTU0
http://secularjournalists.blogspot.co...
Whoa!!
Turdadeep allegedly writing in support of Dawood 20 days after 'Bombay Blasts'
He might also say I was young and made an honest mistake :D
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^Reading Turdadeep article: Looks like the tone and tenor of 'Hindu Terror' set right from that time UPA I/II just rehashed it a bit and took it further.
First time reading about hindu militancy and support of DI
Shit these guys are pretty deep.!!!
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^i saw a meme on military humour facebook page,
"you may not believe in violence, but you are protected by those who do it". Unfortunately, India is headed the European way of dhimmification or worse weapons by those who should not have it
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Santosh wrote:
Rsatchi wrote: I am not a historian but a history buff!!
It is more 'Bhagwa' on 'Bhagwa' don't U think
Look at the two main protagonist
Both dharmic one fighting for 'Mataram' and the other fighting for the 'Timurid Descendent' for some Thukda in Registhan
This has been and will be our constant problem sir!!!
Prithvi, Hemu, Shivaji, Ramaraya :x :evil:
I don't understand what was the need for Devgan to take Timur ka baap. He couldn't find another actor to play Udaybhan? That tells me he is a cover for bhaiwood. He is part of the problem. By bhaiwood standards, the movie no doubt brings out Hindu/Sanatan Dharma points little bit better. But I think he is the cover for the swamp.
sometime back i saw press conference where timur ke papa made a filthy expression whn a localite talked referred to vir shivaji as Chatrapati shivaji maharaj when the jounro referred to him as just shivaji.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

1) Deepika standing with #TukdeTukdeGang, and as a result her Chhapaak movie seeing very poor start, has caused a turmoil in India's celebrity advertisement industry.

Leading brands are playing it safe on Deepika Padukone, the country’s highest paid actress.

#ET News

2) Deepika Padukone, with a net worth of ₹103 crore, endorses 23 brands including Britannia’s Good Day, L’Oreal, Tanishq, Vistara Airlines and Axis Bank.

"We have been told by a mid-sized brand to STALL ads featuring Deepika for about two weeks."

#ET
3) While some brands have said they are reducing the visibility of ads featuring Deepika in the short term, celebrity managers say future endorsement deals are expected to see clauses factoring in the risks involved with celebrities taking political stands".

This is #NewIndia!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Indians have very short memory .. till that changes folks will vent, lie low for a time and then command premium. Only when someone is taken down decisively will the attitude change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGdHcisvLIs
PM Modi Makes An Appeal From Kolkata Over CAA, Asks 'Youth To Not Get Misguided'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwCaz3a4_w
Rift in MVA: Shiv Sena Tells Centre To 'Slap Tukde Gang, Take Back PoK' After Cong Insults COAS

Exaggeration but theek hai ... Sena trying to play both sides .. discomfort? Yes but faaaar from break.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Meanwhile in a BJP self goal some BJP affiliated authors released a book saying Modi is the modern Shivaji Maharaj and comparing the two. Needless to say more fodder for the Sena gang.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Tanaji wrote:Meanwhile in a BJP self goal some BJP affiliated authors released a book saying Modi is the modern Shivaji Maharaj and comparing the two. Needless to say more fodder for the Sena gang.
Actually outside the permanently 'offended industry', ordinary Indian with some sense of history does see him as new age coming of Chatrapati and Bajirao Peshwa. Sena has already burnt the bridge and have assembled under the green flag, so they will feel offended by anything BJP does.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^i saw a meme on military humour facebook page,
"you may not believe in violence, but you are protected by those who do it". Unfortunately, India is headed the European way of dhimmification or worse weapons by those who should not have it
OT but He-who-must-not-be-named did not believe in violence when Indians (Read Hindus) were getting killed otherwise he was busy recruiting young men for White Brit Army and defending Violence by You-Know-Who.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:twitter

1) Deepika standing with #TukdeTukdeGang, and as a result her Chhapaak movie seeing very poor start, has caused a turmoil in India's celebrity advertisement industry.

Personally I don't think a movie should be boycotted / banned because the lead actor has a opinion contrary to our but I also am of the opinion that every action comes with a price especially if you are a celebrity.

Real Liberal thought is dying thanks to Illiberal commie-EJ-UrbanNaxal cabal.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/12 ... 3945093122
News18 @CNNnews18

#NewsAlert – Aam Aadmi Party will not attend today's Opposition meeting called by Congress in Delhi.

#CitizenshipShowdown
So now Khujaliwal will follow Mumtaz to boycott opposition meet .. that is very suggestive and should provide clues/answers for 2 questions raised recently by someone.

https://twitter.com/TOIIndiaNews/status ... 4920129536
TOI India @TOIIndiaNews

Shashi Tharoor visits Jamia, Shaheen Bagh, JNU; says CAA against Mahatma Gandhi's ideals of unity
Tharoor is going all-out to protect his vote base because IIRC, CAA is in line with Gandhi ji's idea as and it that thought was quoted by Shah during the CAB debate. Theek hai.
Last edited by pankajs on 13 Jan 2020 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

CAA has ruffled some feathers really seriously. Today in Kerala a video of RSS workers visiting the house of a Keralite to explain CAA, and then getting summarily kicked out started floating in social media. The RSS workers all had the saffron dhothi and some even had the Raksha bandhan/Rakhi. Soon pro-CAA folks exposed the RSS workers to be Muslim individuals who had made a complete fake video. Their identities were exposed on social media and now they are getting trolled. So looks like in the anti-CAA camp there is a strong feeling that CAA is getting positive traction among common people, and even fake video shows needs to be now made to confuse them.
PS: On getting caught the peacefools and commies tried to weasel out by saying this was a "skit" :lol:.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/12 ... 3945093122
News18 @CNNnews18

#NewsAlert – Aam Aadmi Party will not attend today's Opposition meeting called by Congress in Delhi.

#CitizenshipShowdown
So now Khujaliwal will follow Mumtaz to boycott opposition meet .. that is very suggestive and should provide clues/answers for 2 questions raised recently by someone.

https://twitter.com/TOIIndiaNews/status ... 4920129536
TOI India @TOIIndiaNews

Shashi Tharoor visits Jamia, Shaheen Bagh, JNU; says CAA against Mahatma Gandhi's ideals of unity
Tharoor is going all-out to protect his vote base because IIRC, CAA is in line with Gandhi ji's idea as and it that thought was quoted by Shah during the CAB debate. Theek hai.
khujliwal has not been invited to the meeting and the moron is trying to spin it with the elections in mind.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Yup .. the support for CAA runs deep and that is why Khujli decided to skip the opposition meet. That answers the 1st question but it also answers the 2nd question rasised.

https://twitter.com/ShefVaidya/status/1 ... 8205584384
Shefali Vaidya @ShefVaidya

The sheer brilliance of @rahulkanwal. Saying ‘Vande Mataram’ in India is ‘anti-national’ but shouting ‘Bharat tere tukde honge Insha Allah Insha Allah’ is not! Slow claps. Truly a worthy successor to his mentor #RajdeepSardesai’s trademark ‘journalism’!
WATCH the embedded video ... Rahul Kanwal has gone absolutely bonkers. He used to do balancing before but since the Maharashtra election he has becomes very biased as I had noted twice before on this very forum, IIRC.

Plus, for all his coolness and dismissiveness of his takedown by ordinary RW folks, he has been hurt badly and is screed is a manifestation of that rage of being so thoroughly exposed.

Someone is going to pay the price soon for that adventurism of trying to "manufacture" as narrative against JNU ABVP.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Where do you folks see the CAA protests in one months time from now ?
I don't see them continuing beyond one months time frame as soon as exams will be upon students and nice cozy winters will get over in North and election season will begin in Delhi.

Soon 26th Jan will be upon us and I am 786% sure that some commie-Islamist-Urban naxal idiot is going to say something stupid or do something incredible to rile up rest of the country and we will have new battlegrounds to tread upon.

So after babri and Godhra, do we now have CAA/NCR as new excuse cum justification for future Malasi terrorism.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Vikas wrote:
chetak wrote:twitter

Personally I don't think a movie should be boycotted / banned because the lead actor has a opinion contrary to our but I also am of the opinion that every action comes with a price especially if you are a celebrity.

Real Liberal thought is dying thanks to Illiberal commie-EJ-UrbanNaxal cabal.

Everything these folks do is for marketing their movies and make a fast buck. This is the best way to hurt them back. These folks see profit in allying with BIF/Terrorists/Islamists and foreign missionary gangs. Once they see nationalists can hit back for their treachery, they will get the memo
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ANI
@ANI
Yashwantrao Gadakh, Congress in Newasa: If your (Congress & NCP) ministers will keep on hampering the working of the government over issues such as allotment of bungalows and portfolios, CM Uddhav Thackeray will be forced to submit his resignation. #Maharashtra (12.01.20)
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1216637856455651329
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Jay wrote:Can you recommend any books or other reference material to read up and understand the laws of the land and the context behind them and how they come into place?
The only book I have at my home on this subject is a copy of the Indian Constitution (with annotations). Where it comes handy is to cross check the main stream media's understanding of Articles etc. It is always better to read the actual words in the book; because misinterpretations are quite a few. It is also this book which clearly lists out the roles & responsibilities of Central Govt, State Govts, Judiciary and the Executive.

On matters related to laws, today many of the "bare acts" are already available on the internet very often with search facilities. These days governments also publish their gazette notifications on Acts & Amendments on web sites. So it is easy to compare the changes and understand the impact. I noticed serious misinterpretations by main stream media when it came to Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Act of 2019. Media from KL etc had made many fancy theories of the state retaining the old paltry sums as fines etc. A cursory glance in the amended Act would have busted lots of myths.

Many courts (like High Courts and Supreme Courts) these days also publish their orders & verdicts of important cases. These are many at times not in very complex legalese English. On reading these we can actually understand what the court's findings and orders are. Sabari Mala verdicts of 2018 and 2019 were an eye opener for me when it comes to this.

If you are interested in understanding the powers of the police and how they should operate Criminal Procedure Code (Cr.PC) is the Bhagawat Geeta. If you are interested in the civil side of things, like marriage & divorce, property handling then Civil Procedure Code (CPC) is the place to start. And after that comes many Acts like Evidence Act, Police Acts and special acts related to organised crime and terrorism etc.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

It may mean that the "minorities" including cryptos are in much larger numbers than anyone thought and they want to hide this face until they can consolidate political power on the quiet to grab legally during some later elections.

especially in southern states and punjab, the cryptos are present in huge numbers and in strategic positions like police, professionals, IAS and in the administration

twitter
Basically minorities do not want any data or documentation on them. That is the crux of the protests
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/utkarsh_aanand/stat ... 2420560897
Utkarsh Anand @utkarsh_aanand

At the outset, #CJI SA Bobde clarifies the #SupremeCourt isn't hearing the #Sabrimala review but will take up the points of reference relating to rights to pray and religion, as cited by the 3:2 majority view in Nov last order.
Decide the separation between the court and the religions.
Lawyer for Indian Young Lawyers Asocn objects to reference being entertained. He argues the #SupremeCourt isn't bound to answer the reference.

#CJI: "You don't seem to see the purpose of this reference. You will discover it once you start hearing the proceedings patiently."
Sr adv Indira Jaising submits the reference can't be entertained without delivering its order on #Sabrimala review. She adds other matters relating to other religions are also not before this bench.
They know their goose is cooked ... It is either court interferes with all or none.
#CJI: We may list the other cases with the bunch of these cases to get full facts. There is no problem. Also, see our order in the list. We have said in our order the review in #Sabarimala will be listed after the reference is answered.
First, the general principle wrt all religions has to be decided and then that general principle will be applied to Sabrimala and the rest.
"We won't decide what is incapable of being decided but we will decide everything that can be," says the #CJI while reiterating lawyers will be bound by time and issues to argue.
#CJI: "We will list all issues relating to Muslims, Parsi etc before us so that there is no handicap for anyone to argue. But we may still not decide the individual petitions."
Well .. the left liberandus, the allies of the Abrahamics, tried to pull a fast one on the Hindus. Now they are caught. IF in their zeal to undercut Hindu traditions they win they will undercut the Abrahamics too. If they argue to protect the Abrahamics they will be protecting the Hindu traditions too. They might just end of breaking hurting the Liberandu-Abrahamics unity. What a dilemma! Theek hai.
"We will go chronologically. These are century-old issues and they need to be decided first": #CJI says as Jaising says #CAA hearing shouldn't be delayed because of the present case.

Next hearing in #Sabrimala related reference case is tentatively on Feb 10.
Hmmm ... CJI is a smart cookie.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Deepika Padukone may have made a stupid move and this may not be her personal opinion as she has appeared in films like BajiRao and Padmavaat. I don't know the antecedents of the film Chhapaak's producer but the director is Meghna Gulzar, daughter of Gulzar who is known for being a leftist. May be this was the daughter and the producer's idea and not Deepika's. She foolishly thought it is good PR for her film.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

vijayk wrote:
ANI
@ANI
Yashwantrao Gadakh, Congress in Newasa: If your (Congress & NCP) ministers will keep on hampering the working of the government over issues such as allotment of bungalows and portfolios, CM Uddhav Thackeray will be forced to submit his resignation. #Maharashtra (12.01.20)
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1216637856455651329

Adding to that, he said that Uddhav is not a typical politician and is more of an artist (whatever it means). :D

Probably he means that artists/painters are quick to quit at their first sense of troubles.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/utkarsh_aanand/stat ... 2420560897
Sr adv Indira Jaising submits the reference can't be entertained without delivering its order on #Sabrimala review. She adds other matters relating to other religions are also not before this bench.
They know their goose is cooked ... It is either court interferes with all or none.
#CJI: We may list the other cases with the bunch of these cases to get full facts. There is no problem. Also, see our order in the list. We have said in our order the review in #Sabarimala will be listed after the reference is answered.
First, the general principle wrt all religions has to be decided and then that general principle will be applied to Sabrimala and the rest.
This is going to be a very crucial hearing that may end of defining secularism as it is to applied in India. The ruling coming out of this bench will be very hard to challenge or overturn, this being a 9 judge bench. This has now gone much beyond the Sabrimala case.

If the bench ends up defining secularism as it was meant to be i.e. equality of all religions before the state/government, it might just end up being the kind of judgement that will end up pushing UCC, Free Temple, RTE reform, etc. Very likely and hence Jaising's plea that Sabrimala be dissociated from the rest.

I think what Modi is saying here is that CAA has made India but Hindus in particular aware of religious persecution in Bakistan and Indian liberandu, peacefool and sickular attitude to Hindu suffering in Bakistan.

As a PM he has to be very careful with his words wrt Indian Indian liberandu, peacefool and sickulars. He is merely using Bakistan as a mirror to reflect the monstrous attitude of Indian liberandu, peacefool and sickulars towards the sufferings of Hindus in Bakistan.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

News18 @CNNnews18

#CitizenshipShowdown
https://twitter.com/nistula/status/1216565624274468865
Nistula Hebbar @nistula

“Even though we were supporting the Govt., Congress Govt of Rajasthan inducted our MLAs in their party. This is breach of trust, hence BSP is not attending the meeting called by Congress today in Delhi”-@Mayawati
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/utkarsh_aanand/stat ... 2420560897
#CJI: "We will list all issues relating to Muslims, Parsi etc before us so that there is no handicap for anyone to argue. But we may still not decide the individual petitions."
Well .. the left liberandus, the allies of the Abrahamics, tried to pull a fast one on the Hindus. Now they are caught. IF in their zeal to undercut Hindu traditions they win they will undercut the Abrahamics too. If they argue to protect the Abrahamics they will be protecting the Hindu traditions too. They might just end of breaking hurting the Liberandu-Abrahamics unity. What a dilemma! Theek hai.
Why is that the another Abrahamic cult (EJ) is not referred and omitted here for the suit/wig-wearing High Honor considerations?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Because there is NO case pending against it in the courts that has to be decided.

Does not matter because as the CJI has indicated the broad principles will be decided first i.e. will be applicable to all. The individual cases wrt religions e.g. Sabrimala, before the court will be decided NOW based on the broad principles. That is what Jaisingh was objecting to!

Once the principles are stated, any future case including the excluded party will be guided/decided by those principles wonlee.

JNU issue is escalating with the "left" teachers having decided to throw their hat into the ring. Guess GOI will wait for the Delhi elections to get over before it makes the next move.
https://twitter.com/utkarsh_aanand/stat ... 3696000001
Utkarsh Anand @utkarsh_aanand

#JNU administration issues an advisory for JNU teachers on their "non-cooperation" call.

It states the non-cooperation call violates teachers' service conditions & that students, who have registered for 2020 winter semester, have a fundamental right to attend classes be guided.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:

https://twitter.com/nistula/status/1216565624274468865
Nistula Hebbar @nistula

“Even though we were supporting the Govt., Congress Govt of Rajasthan inducted our MLAs in their party. This is breach of trust, hence BSP is not attending the meeting called by Congress today in Delhi”-@Mayawati
https://twitter.com/_pallavighosh/statu ... 3501313027
pallavi ghosh @_pallavighosh

Cong says shiv sena will come - shiv sena says no - no one from shiv sena has come yet for opp meeting
CON insider masquerading as a jurno
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Supratik wrote:Deepika Padukone may have made a stupid move and this may not be her personal opinion as she has appeared in films like BajiRao and Padmavaat. I don't know the antecedents of the film Chhapaak's producer but the director is Meghna Gulzar, daughter of Gulzar who is known for being a leftist. May be this was the daughter and the producer's idea and not Deepika's. She foolishly thought it is good PR for her film.
She is firmly in BIF camp, there is a video of her where she is praising rahul gandhi and ends by saying "....hopefully one day rahul gandhi will be our prime minister..."
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Supratik wrote:Deepika Padukone may have made a stupid move and this may not be her personal opinion as she has appeared in films like BajiRao and Padmavaat. I don't know the antecedents of the film Chhapaak's producer but the director is Meghna Gulzar, daughter of Gulzar who is known for being a leftist. May be this was the daughter and the producer's idea and not Deepika's. She foolishly thought it is good PR for her film.
Some reports also say she invested in the movie production.
Lets see.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

pankajs, The CJI is trying to ensure UCC wont be brought by being reasonable.
Also Jaising has messed up due to mis-perception of her own persuasive oratory.
Its close to zero.

It was the rigged SC that gave hit upon hit against Hindus with faulty arguments.
File any bokwas case and SC would give judgments against Hindus.
And if the case didn't have the matter, then add it to the case like Jalikattu madam.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Supposedly 15,000 NGOs accounts have been frozen. presumably some of these are BIF, Greenpeace is not a BIF.

Now see how "awesome" these anti-CAA protests already are.

Now imagine if Modi does not make it in 2024. A Tsunami of greater proportions will commence

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-indi ... SKCN1PR0BT
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/maryashakil/status/ ... 4731602945
Marya Shakil @maryashakil

So, opposition parties are planning to meet to decide a joint anti-CAA strategy at 2pm.

NCP- attending
SP- attending
Left- attending
TMC- NOT attending
AAP- NOT attending
BSP- NOT attending
Shiv Sena- unlikely

And then it’s said these protests are organised by opposition!!
Marya Shakil @maryashakil

Cong’s PRE-poll ally DMK skips the meeting

Cong’s POST-poll new ally Shivsena skips the meeting

Samajwadi Party too gives it a miss.

Index of opposition unity is abysmal on #CAA_NRC
Question is why are so many parties skipping the meet where they can join forces to take Modi on CAA/NRC?

Saaru, opposition to CAA/NRC is NOT selling beyond a small segment of the voters and parties are very mindful of that fact. No matter what you see or hear on the TV or print there is yuuuuuuuuuuuuuge support for CAA/NRC amongst the masses and most political parties are hesitant to oppose it in any serious way.

Plus the way BJP has positioned itself, any party that aspires for a share of the Hindu vote is wary of opposing CAA/NRC and handing BJP a walkover.

That reminds me, why is Khujli not attending when he has Delhi elections locked hanji?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Only Congress has Muslim votebank.
And Left has no bank nor cash.
Rest is maya.

I think soon Muslim votebank will introspect what they have achieved by supporting the Congress goons?

From what I hear in UP the Yadavs are deserting SP as they have not been targeted by YAN as they were told would happen.
Not one single policeman was eased out of the many that Akalless Yadav had filled the force with.
They were given training and competent leadership which took the #CAA protests in stride.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Tanaji wrote:On a related note, how does one deal with folks who refuse to listen or wilfully ignore logical arguments that are backed up by facts? Such folks also hold very high standards on the behaviour of their opponent and waste no time in pointing out the shortcomings but wilfully ignore their own. Repeated arguments pointing out the rank hypocrisy along with facts goes nowhere. Does one simply move on?
They are as shameless as Dr. Sashi Tharoor as in this farticle of his.

Stinky poo from Dr. Haircare
The India the world once celebrated – the world’s fastest-growing free-market liberal democracy – seems to be giving way to a violent, intolerant, illiberal autocracy.
First, there have been the social consequences of deepening democracy. Viewed by many observers as a fragile transplant at independence in 1947, democracy has become deeply entrenched, empowering previously marginalized castes and communities. Thanks to the implementation of the Mandal Commission proposal in 1989 to provide “reservations,” or quotas, in government jobs, universities, and the like to the “Other Backward Classes” (such set-asides already existed for Dalits, once outcastes, and tribals, India’s aboriginal people), the former underclass has become a potent political force. Three generations of political empowerment, including of people with modest educational attainment, Hindi mother tongue, and small-town backgrounds, ended the dominance of the urban, anglophone elite that had established liberal secularism as India’s ruling ethos. A different mentality now prevails in power.

Second, there has been a backlash against cultural globalization. India, like Turkey and the United States, has witnessed growing resentment of cosmopolitan secular elites, with their Westernized lifestyles and perception of themselves as global citizens. Indian social conservatism shuddered at the breakdown of social and sexual mores, depicted in films and television shows. Traditionalists recoiled at women going to work, dressed in jeans and other non-Indian clothing, returning home late at night after shifts in call centers attuned to Western business hours, freed from the bonds and the bounds of local social custom.

Third, there has been a revolt against the political insider class. The denizens of “Lutyens’ Delhi,” shorthand for the government enclave in the heart of the capital where the high and mighty lived, were seen by their challengers as corrupt, complacent, inefficient, and resistant to change. The first decade of the twenty-first century was marked by a growing rejection of all they stood for, including liberalism, secularism, political “insider trading,” and sub-optimal governance. This sentiment was captured in the 2011 protests of the Gandhian leader Anna Hazare. The protesters’ demand that the country be cleansed of its corrupted ruling class contributed significantly to Modi’s victory in 2014.
@CramS garu, don'tlet your BP rise.

This place is a provides space for Dr. Raghuram Rajan as well.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

It is a farticle in conclusion. the factors listed are reasonable but for the veneer for animosity crap. he jumps to the conclusion unconvincingly.