2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Sanju
BRFite

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Sanju »

Primus ji, was just thinking of you today and wondering why there haven't been any posts from you.

In my class WA Group, there are a bunch of anti-BJP/anti-Modiji guys and even they realise that things on the ground are slowly changing.

And we (the school WA group) are not even Convent educated - if that would have been a valid excuse for their behaviour, but educated in a school system as Boarders, with a very strong spiritual environment learning Vedas and Bhagavad Gita amongst other Hindu practices.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The "what happens when One Commnity Mynawrity exceeds 20%" is happening big-time in Malloostan. Saw a WhatsApp post where a doc has been driven out of a rural hospital because One Community spread a rumor that he was "anti-OneCommunity" because he was idiot enough to post opinions in his own name on Teetar. Point is, there is no functional mechanism to go after the rumor-mongers with defamation suits and enforcement. So the only result is further dhimmification of Other Commyoonity by these lungi-shivering WhatsApp posts. What2do, hain?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

polarisation on SM is mind boggling! On wapp groups lady momins from class & graduate groups who never squealed are thundering 'I do not want a single Muslim left out cos he didn't have kagaz when NRC comes' many not responding but the anger is palpable amongst majority and even the fence sitters who are waiting to avenge at the ballot box.

Muslims have taken their paranoia to the next level, reflected in dozens of video clips doing rounds! There is no pretense of being an Indian first.
Its all about being a Muslim. They are moving around in mob in congress ruled state, in MH Muslims are taunting Hindu girls on SM invoking 'ab koi madad ko nahi aayega' type.

It is gut wrenching! As some one said Hindu Muslim bhai bhai rubicon is done n dusted.

What is worrying is a sizeable number of Hindus around : urban types, educated, living kosher, these liberals are providing intellectual support to jihadi mob!

In Delhi polls: Kapil Mishra has announced : on 8th Feb it is India vs Pakistan. Shaheen Baagh has completely polarised Delhi. But Delhi is bastion of Lutyens & Librandus, difficult to do away overnight. Still...one is hopeful.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

how modi shah have shaken Ummas, who are flexing muscle on street, intimidating, threatening to balkanise India

A lady momin scribe setting up another person who supports BJP for Kamlesh Tiwary treatment https://twitter.com/swati_gs/status/122 ... 65537?s=20

Shaheen Baagh goons holding metro to ransom and doing Azaadi inside train https://twitter.com/ashokepandit/status ... 91297?s=20

Muslim mob attacks pro CAA rally in Jharkhand https://www.dailypioneer.com/2020/state ... rally.html

Jihadi threat to balkanise India!!! https://twitter.com/NagpurKaRajini/stat ... 91456?s=20

A pro CAA shopkeeper surrounded by Jihadi mob https://twitter.com/SuryahSG/status/122 ... 83399?s=20
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

In a first, women launch 24-hour anti-CAA protest
Earlier calls for overnight protests in the city had failed due to stringent police action. A planned 48-hour protest by students at the Freedom Park last Thursday collapsed after police threatened to file First Information Reports (FIRs) against the students. Thursday’s protest, which took place on Hajee Sir Ismail Sait Masjid Road in Pulikeshi Nagar, was planned more strategically, according to Dr Nisar.
“Since this protest is held in a residential area of Pulikeshi Nagar, we were able to reach out to more people living in these neighbourhoods, especially Muslims and people of other minority faiths,” she added.

The more I read about this anti-CAA protest, I am getting a feeling that this has now become a completely Muslim community led protest. And they are protesting against basically every thing from Art 370 annullment, Internet Ban, CAA and the not yet planned NRC. Looks like the real problem is that as a community Muslims now feel that they do not have any bargaining power and now cannot bulldoze the ruling government sighting minority rights. The "secularism" which they have been used to is now changed for good. At least in Bengaluru the protests have now been moved to localities where Muslims are more in number, and they are not getting any traction else where.
Skanda wrote: With Amit Shah refusing to budge and Yogi Adityanath upping the ante, almost calling Muslim men as eunuchs, the BJP has perhaps crossed the "hindu-muslim bhai-bhai" rubicon permanently.
Yes, and looks like their decisions are based on real inputs from the ground. Be it Art 370 removal or CAA; the Muslim community upped their protests but what happened was that this led to a reverse polarisation. Many Hindus have now started agreeing with the BJP view point. But I feel BJP still should push hard and especially continue their door to door campaign sessions which even the INC admitted is working wonders.
Primus wrote:It will take a long time for the 'convent educated', uber-secular Hindu to realize things as they are, but I believe the man in the street sees the writing on the wall
Spot on! In the social media groups (WhatsApp & Facebook) I interact, what I have noticed is that the real common Hindu (i.e the simplest and god fearing ones) has fully understood the threat of militant Islam. Perhaps because they by their status (not often white collared/salaried workers etc.) have realised the imminent threat. People who refuse to budge are the ones who have been brought up in true "secular" fashion, very "law abiding", will not look at the teacher in the eye types. These people are the classic yuppies, folks who kind of come up with questions like "Can I file an FIR by e-mailing the police SI with CC to Inspector and Dy.SP?. It must also be noted that in many places the way the Muslim community led their "protest" also changed the perception of the "secular Hindu idiot". More than a protest, it was a show of strength or threats of violence and mayhem.
UlanBatori wrote:The "what happens when One Commnity Mynawrity exceeds 20%" is happening big-time in Malloostan.
IndraD wrote:On wapp groups lady momins from class & graduate groups who never squealed are thundering 'I do not want a single Muslim left out cos he didn't have kagaz when NRC comes' many not responding but the anger is palpable amongst majority and even the fence sitters who are waiting to avenge at the ballot box
KL is seeing polarisation like it has never seen before. The so called "communal harmony" (which was nothing but leading a Dhimmi life) has now completely gone. At least in social media the fights have become a fight with no rules. The Muslim organisations made a few mistakes; one was reminding people of the 1921 Moplah riots and that they will try that again :evil:. With that kind of statements the narrative changed from being anti-Modi or anti-BJP to anti-Hindu and anti-India. Second incident was few folks who stuck pro-CAA people don't enter the house kind of stickers at their gates (and posted the act in social media). The pro-CAA folks countered it by asking the business community (who are mostly X'ians and Muslims) to do the same thing in their business establishments. In some areas in North Kerala, lists of business establishments based on religion of owners have now been made (and then followed by boycott calls). Yesterday there was a case of a Hindu woman entering a temple in KL, where a pro-CAA women's meet was being organised. That woman was heckled, booed and sent out. "Secular media" immediately made her a martyr. Social media activists dug up the details of the woman from the internet and proved that she was a call girl/prostitute black mailer who have cases on her. And that she was actually picked up and led to the temple by some Muslim organisations.

The only Hindus (and few X'ians) who seems to be anti-CAA seems to be mainly from one background. People who are upper middle class, have some material wealth, have received private school education, often not working in the streets of KL. Many of them are like Marie Antoniette types, with a communist affiliation (through family or from college).
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Anyone wonders when Amit Shah made such elaborate and fact based defense of CAA in the parliament, quoting Gandhi & CON resolution of the past, why ar those facts missing or de-emphazised from Shah speech? Instead his speech sounds like a challenge.

Reason is simple! Modi/Shah understand that letting peacefools, egged on by the sickulars, playing their favourite tune will allow ordinary yindus see what they are up against. Their muted clarifications are tactical.

Same with Shaheen bagh and JNU protests.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

One of my friends from Kerala suddenly started sending Communal WhatsApp messages. When I asked she said she was hearing too much about secularism and was fed up with it. Lot of Hindu anger is going around BIF and its NGOs/Parties parts are either not seeing or not caring for fact of consolidation of Hindus behind CAA (and by extension behind BJP)
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Yagnasri wrote:Jinna was a shia. The first Foreign minister of Pak is Ahmadiya IIRC. I forgot his name. They are also as Jihadis as Sunnis. Let us not for get that.
I think Jinnah was born a hindu. His Dad converted the kids while they were young boys.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

He was a Shia. That is the only point I was making. Shias and Ahamadias are all involved in the partition. So why have any sympathy for them now?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

There is a video somewhere of this
https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 3665809410
Kanchan Gupta @KanchanGupta

"...We never tried to break #Hindustan but we are from that community which if it decides to destroy will not leave any country alone." ~ Faizul Hassan, former president, #AMU Students Union. Music for #LeftLiberal Jamaat ears. #CAA

#Faiz Effect
Modi/Shah know that given an opportunity the peacefool community will go back to basics.

Another one .. video embedded
https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 1394702336
Kanchan Gupta @KanchanGupta

I am flagging this tweeted video for the viewing pleasure of the #LeftLib Jamaat which has been spinning 'Arabian Nights' yarns about 'peaceful protests'. What this chap is saying is a manifestation of #Faiz Effect.

[I can only repeat, these protests have nothing to do with #CAA]
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I am not watching TV. Guess this is a summary of a recent India Today TV show hosted by Turdesai.

https://twitter.com/vinod_sharma/status ... 9880086529
विनोद शर्मा @vinod_sharma

No one expected BJP to win 303 in 2019. @IndiaToday's post-CAA MOTN shows a drop of a mere 4% from that huge peak, but Rajdeep and other third-rate panelist are, independent of data, are pushing their predictable agenda.

Pre-Modi BJP leaders would have succumbed to this nonsense
68% Indians rate PM Modi as Outstanding/Good, people have given a big thumbs up to 370, Ram Mandir and CAA, but Rajdeep and gang, are trying everything they can to force PM to give all this up, and focus on economy. As if both are mutually exclusive. :))
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ByRakeshSimha/statu ... 4388338689
Rakesh Krishnan Simha @ByRakeshSimha

“We are from that community which can destroy any country if we feel like,” says ex AMU student union president. Name 1 non-Muslim country in the world where you have haven't destroyed. But sorry, this isn't 1947 - no British, Gandhi and Nehru to help you.
Video embedded ... Anand Ranganathan on TimesNow based on the AMUSU ex-leader's latest statement.

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1220376271508496385
TIMES NOW @TimesNow

Jinnah said we'll either have a divided India or a destroyed India. Now it appears some from the university where his portrait hangs want the latter because Jinnah managed the former: @ARanganathan72, Author & Scientist tells Navika Kumar on @thenewshour. | #TukdeTukdeAgain
Watch ... from Delhi
https://twitter.com/NetajiBond/status/1 ... 2128365570
Wali ವಾಲಿ @NetajiBond

This guy is back again
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Bhell ..well .. Raj T relaunched himself on Bal T's birthday with a new Saffron flag ...

https://twitter.com/smitadeshmukh/statu ... 5084310528
Smita Deshmukh @smitadeshmukh

Raj T said that all #CAA_NRCProtests across India are actually motivated by all that has happened in the country - people (read Muslims) are being brought on streets to express their anger on Kashmir, Ram Mandir verdict. This protest has to be countered by our own protest
Bhell .. can Raj T out T his T cousin?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Even those peacefools sitting abroad (& connected to me via FB) are posting as if they have personally been made refugee by CAA. I unfriend anyone who posts derogatory post or pic of PM of India. I don't need toxic in my SM and I let them know of it.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

pankajs wrote:Bhell ..well .. Raj T relaunched himself on Bal T's birthday with a new Saffron flag ...

https://twitter.com/smitadeshmukh/statu ... 5084310528
Smita Deshmukh @smitadeshmukh

Raj T said that all #CAA_NRCProtests across India are actually motivated by all that has happened in the country - people (read Muslims) are being brought on streets to express their anger on Kashmir, Ram Mandir verdict. This protest has to be countered by our own protest
Bhell .. can Raj T out T his T cousin?
Well well, Its a game BJP can play as well as Pawarful people. !!!
RT has seen a sliver of opening and he will try to encash it to the hilt.
With elder T on Pawarful side, Cousin T's only play is to be with BJP and out T Matoshree.
Like T senior, He too has got his son inducted into the party.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

My Guess is that Govt will clean up this Jehadi protest post Budget session of Parl.
Right now they want the political parties to take a stand and show on which side they are.

Umma has punched way above its weight till now and now they are being cut down to size.
PS: I am loving the way AS operates.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/PTI_News/status/1220402050371964928
Press Trust of India @PTI_News

Shiv Sena president and Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray says though he has found new allies in state politics, he has
not changed his "saffron" colour.
Uddhav T on the defensive after the Raj T offensive. The Sena MLAs, who are uncomfortable with the new allies but still want to remain within the T camp, now have an option. Theek Hai.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 561688.cms
Raj Thackeray supports CAA, rails against Muslims, launches his son, changes party flag
Throw out the illegal Pakistani and Bangladeshi Muslims. I fully support the Centre for this,” said Thackeray adding that while he had criticised Modi he would not hesitate to support him when he does the right thing. “India needs to intensify its security even if it mean people are inconvenienced. We are sitting on a ticking bomb. It is important to throw out the Muslims from Pakistan and Bangladesh and for this I am with the Prime Minister,” he said.
He announced his party would hold rallies on February 9 in support of the CAA. Like other countries India must act against illegal migrants, he said.

<snip>

Religion he said was a personal thing. Targeting the Muslims he said, “Keep your religion in your house. Shut off the loudspeakers on Masjids. Our Aarti does not trouble why should Namaaz harass others?” he questioned.

<snip>

Thackeray who changed his party’s flag to saffron with Shivaji Maharaj’s royal stamp on it said the flag had been first used by the Samyukta Maharashtra Samiti which, however, disintegrated and led to the birth of the Shiv Sena.

<snip>

“This flag is my DNA and I decided to bring it forth for this convention. The Raj Mudra is our inspiration. This flag is to be well taken care of by the one handling it and not left lying on the floor. This flag is not to be used during elections. For that we have the other flag,” he said.

<snip>

He warned there are mohallas in Maharashtra where a conspiracy is being hatched against the country. He said, he would share this information with the union home minister and the chief minister. He congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Article 370, the Supreme Court for allowing the Ram Mandir.
Would please the Shiv Sainiks no ends ...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

with the backlash beginning to singe the jehadis testimonials, both tavleen singh and this creep are out to prove that the anti CAA protestors never said ‘jinnah wali azaadi’ and what they said was actually ‘jine wali azaadi’

they both deserve the Padma award :mrgreen:

and as tavleen well knows that when you embrace a jinnah, he leaves you with both: a kid, as well as azadi, while he hotfoots it back to the land of the pure and the comforting bosom of his jehadi wife

zafar sareshwala Verified account @zafarsareshwala

More zafar sareshwala Retweeted Tavleen Singh

They had said “ jine wali Azadi” and Jine was twisted today Jinnah! I myself personally enquired from several quarters! Some people are bent on manufacturing a conflict
Tavleen Singh Verified account @tavleen_singh

Having spent the morning in Shaheen Bagh I wish to report that the BJP spokesmen are lying when they say that the slogan is ‘Jinnah wali Azaadi’. Proof is in the video I uploaded earlier.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/PTI_News/status/1220402050371964928
Press Trust of India @PTI_News

Shiv Sena president and Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray says though he has found new allies in state politics, he has
not changed his "saffron" colour.
Uddhav T on the defensive after the Raj T offensive. The Sena MLAs, who are uncomfortable with the new allies but still want to remain within the T camp, now have an option. Theek Hai.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 561688.cms
Raj Thackeray supports CAA, rails against Muslims, launches his son, changes party flag
Throw out the illegal Pakistani and Bangladeshi Muslims. I fully support the Centre for this,” said Thackeray adding that while he had criticised Modi he would not hesitate to support him when he does the right thing. “India needs to intensify its security even if it mean people are inconvenienced. We are sitting on a ticking bomb. It is important to throw out the Muslims from Pakistan and Bangladesh and for this I am with the Prime Minister,” he said.
He announced his party would hold rallies on February 9 in support of the CAA. Like other countries India must act against illegal migrants, he said.

<snip>

Religion he said was a personal thing. Targeting the Muslims he said, “Keep your religion in your house. Shut off the loudspeakers on Masjids. Our Aarti does not trouble why should Namaaz harass others?” he questioned.

<snip>

Thackeray who changed his party’s flag to saffron with Shivaji Maharaj’s royal stamp on it said the flag had been first used by the Samyukta Maharashtra Samiti which, however, disintegrated and led to the birth of the Shiv Sena.

<snip>

“This flag is my DNA and I decided to bring it forth for this convention. The Raj Mudra is our inspiration. This flag is to be well taken care of by the one handling it and not left lying on the floor. This flag is not to be used during elections. For that we have the other flag,” he said.

<snip>

He warned there are mohallas in Maharashtra where a conspiracy is being hatched against the country. He said, he would share this information with the union home minister and the chief minister. He congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Article 370, the Supreme Court for allowing the Ram Mandir.
Would please the Shiv Sainiks no ends ...
one marathi manoos leader is waxing while the other marathi manoos leader is waning while congress ka haath jehadi ke saath and the pawarful peoples are laughing all the way to the bank

A nightmarish situation being precipated for both UT and baby UT
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

I cannot believe that 70 years after the britshits left India, we were still playing "Abide with me" during the Beating Retreat ceremony, which takes place every year on January 29 at Vijay Chowk on Rajpath.

there are limits to traditions, especially colonial traditions

twitter

This year Abide with me, a Christian hymn played at funeral services and also Gandhi’s fav will be replaced by Vande Mataram during Beating Retreat ceremony on R-Day.

The more liberals hate it, more places Vande Matram goes!

It was also played in 2012
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

What exactly is beating retreat ceremony and why do we follow it ?
Just Pooching ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

NCP came 3rd in #Maharashtra election. It will control Finance, Home. Shiv Sena came 2nd, will address joint rallies with #Islamists. Congress came 4th, will run the Government. BJP which came first will sit in the Opposition.
Yet #LeftLib Jamaat carps about threat to democracy.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:I cannot believe that 70 years after the britshits left India, we were still playing "Abide with me" during the Beating Retreat ceremony, which takes place every year on January 29 at Vijay Chowk on Rajpath.
I do have slightly different thoughts, and perhaps let us agree to disagree ;). The "beating retreat" ceremony itself is a true blue British Army custom, and the folks who choreographed this event in India also would be men from the British Army. To be quite frank; what ever we do - it would be very difficult to hide (or downplay) the Britishness of this ceremony. So if "Abide with Me" is a problem, the whole military band also is a problem. They don't even carry one single Indian musical instrument when they march down the Raisina Hills. The ceremonial uniform still is based on the british idea of dressing up Indian soldiers. If we have to 'Indianise' this event, things have to start from real high up.

Till 1970s this event had pretty much only British marching tunes being played. It was only after that there was a good attempt to allow Indian compositions to be played. Units like Military Music Wing at AEC Pachmarhi started training band masters who could appreciate both Indian and Western music, and adapt Indian tunes to be played by a western military band. There are many beautiful compositions created by these band masters.
Vikas wrote:What exactly is beating retreat ceremony and why do we follow it ?
January 26th is our Republic Day and generally the official ceremonies go on for the next three days. January 29th is the day when there is an official closing of the Republic Day celeberations. One event at this time is Beating Retreat; a function where only military bands of the defence forces (and now the CPOs) participate. It is an event focusing purely on 'military music'. The event is in the evening planned in such a way to coincide with the sunset. The President is the chief guest, who witnesses the band display of the forces. At the end of the show, the national flag is slowly taken down (when the buglers sound 'The Retreat' - another British bugle call ;)), and then all the band marches off by playing 'Sare Jahan Se Acha'. This programe may not be as popular as the Republic Day parade, as the population of people who enjoy 'military & band music' is very rare in India. This event would also be one which is NOT 'officer centric'. The band masters are generally JCOs and Inspectors (of CPOs), and the senior most 'officer' would be the Director of Music, who is an enlisted man who got an officer rank (some times known as 'branch commission') based on musical skills.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Sachin wrote:
chetak wrote:I cannot believe that 70 years after the britshits left India, we were still playing "Abide with me" during the Beating Retreat ceremony, which takes place every year on January 29 at Vijay Chowk on Rajpath.
To be quite frank; what ever we do - it would be very difficult to hide (or downplay) the Britishness of this ceremony. So if "Abide with Me" is a problem, the whole military band also is a problem. They don't even carry one single Indian musical instrument when they march down the Raisina Hills. The ceremonial uniform still is based on the british idea of dressing up Indian soldiers. If we have to 'Indianise' this event, things have to start from real high up.

Vikas wrote:What exactly is beating retreat ceremony and why do we follow it ?
January 26th is our Republic Day and generally the official ceremonies go on for the next three days. January 29th is the day when there is an official closing of the Republic Day celeberations. One event at this time is Beating Retreat; a function where only military bands of the defence forces (and now the CPOs) participate. It is an event focusing purely on 'military music'. The event is in the evening planned in such a way to coincide with the sunset. The President is the chief guest, who witnesses the band display of the forces. At the end of the show, the national flag is slowly taken down (when the buglers sound 'The Retreat' - another British bugle call ;)), and then all the band marches off by playing 'Sare Jahan Se Acha'. This programe may not be as popular as the Republic Day parade, as the population of people who enjoy 'military & band music' is very rare in India. This event would also be one which is NOT 'officer centric'. The band masters are generally JCOs and Inspectors (of CPOs), and the senior most 'officer' would be the Director of Music, who is an enlisted man who got an officer rank (some times known as 'branch commission') based on musical skills.
Thank you Sachin.
I think if Army has no problem with 'Abide by me', rest of should leave it at that.
Of-course Beating retreat is an event for the army, by the army and civilians like me just happen to catch it on Doordarshan.
Meanwhile old coot Naseeruddin Shah fires a volley on CAA and Anupam Kher.
Why are Islamists obsessed with SRK, Aamir and Salman not speaking up against CAA. My useless Samsung phone has a pre-installed SM app called 'Halo' and it is swamped with Muslims obsessing over 3 Khans of Bhaiwood and their silence on CAA.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

IMO this whole mil parade on republic day should be done away with. There is no need for such pageantry.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Chetakji,

Politely asking, what makes you think that the britshits have left India? I say to you here, that they as still very much with us and this is a battle for our TRUE independence.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote:

Chetakji,

Politely asking, what makes you think that the britshits have left India? I say to you here, that they as still very much with us and this is a battle for our TRUE independence.
Lisa ji,

you may well have a point.

There is much evidence of that in certain circles.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

V_Raman wrote:IMO this whole mil parade on republic day should be done away with. There is no need for such pageantry.
Raman ji, I totally agree with you. What has 26th Jan got to do with the Military ?
I don't know what purpose does it server except few egos getting massaged.
Of course, more than half the wares getting displayed are of foreign origin kind of fails the whole logic of displaying them
in the first place.

PS: I think this whole pageantry was inspired by USSR's own Mil day parade.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vikas wrote:
V_Raman wrote:IMO this whole mil parade on republic day should be done away with. There is no need for such pageantry.
Raman ji, I totally agree with you. What has 26th Jan got to do with the Military ?
I don't know what purpose does it server except few egos getting massaged.
Of course, more than half the wares getting displayed are of foreign origin kind of fails the whole logic of displaying them
in the first place.

PS: I think this whole pageantry was inspired by USSR's own Mil day parade.
any which way you slice it, it is a bleddy ordeal for the participants.

their day begins in the raw cold of the early morning at about 0330 hrs and they have to be out in the cold for hours together and most of them wind up spending the better part of around a month in dilli preparing and waiting.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Sachin wrote:The "beating retreat" ceremony itself is a true blue British Army custom, and the folks who choreographed this event in India also would be men from the British Army.
Quite correct.

As per wiki
The ceremony was started in the early 1950s when Elizabeth II and Prince Philip were visiting India for the first time after independence. The then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru summoned Maj. G.A. Roberts, an officer in The Grenadiers, asking him to do something spectacularly creative and eventful for Elizabeth's visit. Roberts thus officially conceived of the Beating Retreat in honour of the visit, by developing the ceremony of display by the massed bands. Army, Air Force and Navy bands consisting of pipes, drums, buglers and trumpeters from various regiments took part. The ceremony is a legacy of British rule in India. Thereafter it became an official ceremony to have a Head of State of a country as the chief guest and that year the Beating Retreat was in their honour.
I had a brief exchange on twitter with 2-3 retired Indian Army senior officers. I said that the word 'retreat' had negative connotations and wondered if it could be replaced with some other word say 'return'. 2 of the gentlemen were welcome to changes (reflecting the passage of time) and 1 was against any change in the traditions. We all agreed to respectfully disagree :)

PS: it is a real pleasure to engage with Mil service folk on twitter. Almost all of them are polite, courteous and patient. And knowledgeable. Seeing their posts and camaraderie makes one realise how much bonded to each other they are and how much we owe to them..
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Meanwhile, Science Magazine publishes a hatchet job done by one Sanjay Kumar, featuring the now infamous photo of Aise Ghosh with her fake injuries. Claims 'scientists' - 2000 of them have condemned the Indian government for attacking innocent students. Quotes Abhijit Banerjee.

https://tinyurl.com/qwmdsun
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote:
Sachin wrote:The "beating retreat" ceremony itself is a true blue British Army custom, and the folks who choreographed this event in India also would be men from the British Army.
Quite correct.

As per wiki
The ceremony was started in the early 1950s when Elizabeth II and Prince Philip were visiting India for the first time after independence. The then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru summoned Maj. G.A. Roberts, an officer in The Grenadiers, asking him to do something spectacularly creative and eventful for Elizabeth's visit. Roberts thus officially conceived of the Beating Retreat in honour of the visit, by developing the ceremony of display by the massed bands. Army, Air Force and Navy bands consisting of pipes, drums, buglers and trumpeters from various regiments took part. The ceremony is a legacy of British rule in India. Thereafter it became an official ceremony to have a Head of State of a country as the chief guest and that year the Beating Retreat was in their honour.
I had a brief exchange on twitter with 2-3 retired Indian Army senior officers. I said that the word 'retreat' had negative connotations and wondered if it could be replaced with some other word say 'return'. 2 of the gentlemen were welcome to changes (reflecting the passage of time) and 1 was against any change in the traditions. We all agreed to respectfully disagree :)

PS: it is a real pleasure to engage with Mil service folk on twitter. Almost all of them are polite, courteous and patient. And knowledgeable. Seeing their posts and camaraderie makes one realise how much bonded to each other they are and how much we owe to them..
In a free India, the "abide with me" religious hymn should have been replaced with something more representative of a free India, like "vande matram" for example, as has been done now.

No issues with the Beating Retreat ceremony itself (or any other name to call it).

It is a grand spectacle and it is also the tradition that has been followed to showcase the Armed Forces of India honoring their revered guest.

How come we became secular in all things but wish to retain the "abide with me" religious hymn citing tradition.

This tradition had been adapted decades ago from the original conception of Maj. G.A. Roberts, to honor the guest of the Indian State and thereafter the music should have been chosen, in all fairness, reflecting the essence of India and the reality of her culture which was very different from that of the departed brits.

It is the tradition that is important, with the minor details of ceremonial content and musical minutiae reflecting the changing times as well as the all important reassertion of our own unique national culture.

On reflection, one realizes what may have been the cause to retain this "abide with me" religious hymn. One is very certain that over the years, many attempts would have been made to replace it and also it would have been routinely shot down by the baboo(n)s who fearfully owed fealty to the dynastic powers that be.

It finally took a Modi to change it. Many a baboo(n), both retired and serving would undoubtedly have shed copious tears diluting his evening tipple of single malt.

Much gnashing of teeth in many lootyens drawing rooms too.
:mrgreen:

ps

the "abide with me" religious hymn has been retained as part of the repertoire with "vande matram" being the new entrant and thus being mindful of the unwanted controversies of the CAB agitations
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

So think about this:
https://twitter.com/ByRakeshSimha/statu ... 4388338689
“We are from that community which can destroy any country if we feel like,” says ex AMU student union president. Name 1 non-Muslim country in the world where you have haven't destroyed. But sorry, this isn't 1947 - no British, Gandhi and Nehru to help you.
Quoting Sachin above:
With that kind of statements the narrative changed from being anti-Modi or anti-BJP to anti-Hindu and anti-India.
The anti-CAA protests have become a general :cry: :evil: by One Commyoonity, just as the anti-BJP/pro-BJP seems to be morphing in Another Commyoonity's minds into "anti-desh/pro-desh".
Now one can ask: So why r u giving 50% reservation in schools and colleges and jobs to the anti-desh? How sane is this?
And that is where the potential for good (a MASSIVE improvement in Indian education and workplace) AND a evil (massive rioting followed by even more massive rioting): As in
u don't like it here? Sanjhauta Express is Ready When U R
This is the BS potential that UBCN is beginning to see.
The CON are BIF in the essence.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

Kudos to Swarajya Magazine for picking up the story so quickly. One former journalist is threatening Sachin Sahni, a Lucknow-based businessman.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/complaint ... slamophobe

Please support Sachin Sahni in this battle:

https://www.facebook.com/sahnisachin
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Completely disagree. It is a powerful message to our people and breeds a lot of confidence and pride in ppl watching it.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Karan M wrote:
Completely disagree. It is a powerful message to our people and breeds a lot of confidence and pride in ppl watching it.
I agree with Karan M ji's statement. Everything Brit is not bad. The language that we communicate in is English. Also there are many traditions within the Armed Forces that can be traced back to having a British lineage. Some of them are possibly archaic as well as anachronistic, we should let the Armed Forces decide what to keep and what not to.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Europe don't glorify Hitler
English don't glorify Vikings
Italians don't glorify Mussolini
Chinese don't glorify Chengiz Khan
But many Indians glorify Mughals and Khiljis
No nation glorifies the invaders that ravaged their civilization but us
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

now that s0r0s has mentioned that it is his priority to destabilize GoI, is there anything we can expect GoI to do? isn't this, in effect, declaration of war against GoI?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Meanwhile there is a FIR getting filed against Ex-AAPi and current BJP candidate Kapil MIshra for calling it as Ind Vs Pak. How is that offensive ?

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... Ba30J.html
Mishra had triggered a political firestorm yesterday with a string of tweets that compared the February 8 election to a ‘India vs Pakistan’ clash. In his other tweets and public statements that followed, Kapil Mishra had claimed that ‘mini-Pakistans’ were being created in Delhi and alleged that “Pakistani rioters are occupying the roads’.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

Sanju wrote:
Karan M wrote:
I agree with Karan M ji's statement. Everything Brit is not bad. The language that we communicate in is English. Also there are many traditions within the Armed Forces that can be traced back to having a British lineage. Some of them are possibly archaic as well as anachronistic, we should let the Armed Forces decide what to keep and what not to.
IMO - no one watches it or minuscule % watch it! The kids nowadays have other distractions on that day!! We have gone past the need for having such centralized shows to generate patriotic fervour!!!