Indian Missiles News & Discussions - 17 Dec 2018

nash
BRFite

Re: Indian Missiles News & Discussions - 17 Dec 2018

Post by nash »

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1220690286902296576

Government Sources: For the second time in the last six days, India, today successfully test-fired the 3,500 km strike range K-4 submarine-launched ballistic missile off the coast of Vishakhapatnam.The DRDO-developed missile was testfired from an underwater platform today morning
what are the chances if this test is from SSBN.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

I hear rumours of test with MiRV configurations..
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

If it isnt already a test of MIRV, i hope we are onto it Pronto. We need it big time for the lizard up north.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

It is a time for a big party in desi estyle :mrgreen:

All vocal and non-vocal anti dharmic have a bigger reason to worry in the future!!
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Given the limited number of SSBNs and limited silos in those, MIRV is more cost effective and way to provide credible deterrence at the earliest. I hope the petals were duly observed by recon flights off Diego Garcia.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Condemn this test, it will start an arms race in south asia.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Raghunathgb wrote:#BREAKING @DRDO_India conducts last developmental trial of nuclear capable #submarine launched ballistic missile #K4 from an underwater platform off Vizag coast. The #missile successfully fired for a reduced range paving the way for its series production. #India @NewIndianXpress

https://twitter.com/TheHemantRout/statu ... 10982?s=19
How can Raut claim (unless he has an inside track) that since the development trials are over 'series production' will begin? The next step after 'Development trials' is 'User trials' which will take at least another 2-3 years to complete.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It just means the missile is ready. Same thing happened with K15.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

sudhan wrote:I dont remember seeing a cavitation cap type exhaust on the pre-induction (i think) test flight of the K15/BO5. Of course there is a cap that is ejected post launch. Is the cavitation feature only on missles >= K4?

tHAT WAS NOT k4 BUT BO 15
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

This is the video which was shown in AeroIndia 2015
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

prasannasimha wrote:
sudhan wrote:I dont remember seeing a cavitation cap type exhaust on the pre-induction (i think) test flight of the K15/BO5. Of course there is a cap that is ejected post launch. Is the cavitation feature only on missles >= K4?

tHAT WAS NOT k4 BUT BO 15
Yes, sir. i know that. I know the missile in the video is K15/BO5.. Hence my question: Is cavitation assisted launch a feature only on K4 and higher..?
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

sudhan wrote:
prasannasimha wrote:
Yes, sir. i know that. I know the missile in the video is K15/BO5.. Hence my question: Is cavitation assisted launch a feature only on K4 and higher..?
Only K4 has the nosering tractor. We need to see what they have done for K5 K6 Cavitation is required for significantly heavy launch weights
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Congrats IN.

Full spectrum, full range deterrence.

A dream since 1968 finally achieved.
As laid out in Haksar memo

Thanks NaMo for realizing it.
thammu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by thammu »

Second firing

India successfully test-fires K-4 submarine-launched nuclear capable missile

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/national/i ... 97968.html
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

ramana wrote:Congrats IN.

Absolutely. Very joyful knowing about this test.
India has reached full deterrence ....
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Haridas wrote:
ramana wrote:Congrats IN.

Absolutely. Very joyful knowing about this test.
Haridas sir, any idea if the present GoI will sanction full scale SLBM rather than 1k increment in range? DRDO scientists did say developing 10k missiles is entirely GoI decision.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

^^ sir live in the present & take some time to enjoy the fantastic milestone after 30 years of effort. We are in much better shape than most can imagine. Deterrence is credible to those who matter.

As for even more, i suggest spread your legs within confines of the blanket (poor translation of hindi muhaavara). Why fikar for too far in future? will cross the bridge when it comes.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:
Haridas wrote: Absolutely. Very joyful knowing about this test.
Haridas sir, any idea if the present GoI will sanction full scale SLBM rather than 1k increment in range? DRDO scientists did say developing 10k missiles is entirely GoI decision.
It would be quite naive of anyone to think that any capable country in the world stays within the confines of some silly treaty, especially when it comes to national security and offensive capability.

No one thinks that china does so why should anyone else straightjacket themselves with limitations.

lip service is certainly good as well as diplomatic but supreme national interests always trumps everything else.

Didn't china publicly accuse India, not so very long ago, of not sticking to agreed limitations
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A Closer look at #Brahmos being launched from the Navy Frigate. Incredible!

https://twitter.com/MihirkJha/status/12 ... 9427267584
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Haridas wrote:^^ sir live in the present & take some time to enjoy the fantastic milestone after 30 years of effort. We are in much better shape than most can imagine. Deterrence is credible to those who matter.

As for even more, i suggest spread your legs within confines of the blanket (poor translation of hindi muhaavara). Why fikar for too far in future? will cross the bridge when it comes.
Sir I am enjoying the success. But I always felt need to have longe range SLBM. There are my countries that may want a regime change in India, till now their actions are covert, having longe range SLBM can help keep it covert.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

Thoroughly enjoyed lungi dance with few friends last night, this is what Dr. Avinash Chandar said in '08 at that time there was estimate that India would master the tech in 15-20 years. We did that in arround 10 years, congratulations to all for the hard work.

In October 2008, ASL Director Avinash Chander told Business Standard:

"We have made major progress on the MIRVs in the last two years"

MIRV technology is very similar to the multiple satellite launch technology that ISRO has mastered and repeatedly demonstrated using its PSLV launcher. However, warhead separation requires a higher degree of accuracy than satellite separation. MIRV is effective only when accuracy of the individual warheads is high, allowing relatively small warheads to be targeted at widely dispersed targets.
ramdas
BRFite

Post by ramdas »

Haridasji,

1) Why the silence on MIRvs being tested with the K-4 if it has indeed been tested with MIRVs and other powers know of it ?

2) Has some way been found to render the corrected 1998 TN credible without testing? Only that would allow for many petals on the K-4.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Sandeep Unnithan on India Today's WarCry news series is reporting that K5 with a range of 5000 KM is up next "soon". K6 will come later in the decade.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

5000 km to 6000 km will take a decade?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Thakur_B wrote:Sandeep Unnithan on India Today's WarCry news series is reporting that K5 with a range of 5000 KM is up next "soon". K6 will come later in the decade.
as per the highly irritated chinese, Indian delivery systems are already capable of 8-10,000 KM plus.

Unable to quote sources now but I have at times seen peeved comments by chinese guys on the net, on and off.

They generally get agitated whenever India goes in for long range tests.

Apparently the hans do not like their major population centers falling well within the strike range of India's increasingly sophisticated delivery systems which they well know serves to practically counter the chinese threat in retaining a very credible second strike capability, even more so now with the second strike triad becoming effective, maybe in the short to medium term.

china's middle kingdom syndrome is apparent in her imperious behavior with neighbors and other countries, all of whom she looks down upon.

A poor and impoverished upstart like India dare not challenge her hegemony or disrespectfully refuse to participate in the OBOR/BRI schemes that has been concocted to raise the han esteem worldwide.

with Modi, that diffidence and servility that characterized the congi relationship with the hans is distinctly missing, adding further to the han discomfort.

The two faced hans openly work against India in international fora and at the same time duplicitously try to maintain a "friendly" public relationship with Modi.

One wonders what these two guys Modi and xi actually talk about when they meet.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Karthik S wrote:5000 km to 6000 km will take a decade?
Who said anything about k6 being 6000 km?
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

Karthik S wrote:Sir I am enjoying the success. But I always felt need to have longe range SLBM. There are my countries that may want a regime change in India, till now their actions are covert, having longe range SLBM can help keep it covert.
Weapons alone don't protect a cpuntry, having balls to use to use all means does. 30 yrs to realize ATV, how many to grow balls?
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

ramdas wrote:Haridasji,

1) Why the silence on MIRvs being tested with the K-4 if it has indeed been tested with MIRVs and other powers know of it ?

2) Has some way been found to render the corrected 1998 TN credible without testing? Only that would allow for many petals on the K-4.
Some alternatives presented here:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/spot ... deterrent/

Acess to Laser driven ICF is pivitol.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

chetak wrote:as per the highly irritated chinese, Indian delivery systems are already capable of 8-10,000 KM plus.

Unable to quote sources now but I have at times seen peeved comments by chinese guys on the net, on and off.

They generally get agitated whenever India goes in for long range tests..
Multiple credible sources tell me that my Rocket Simulator caused much takleef to Chinese military and president Hú Jǐntāo.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Haridas wrote:
chetak wrote:as per the highly irritated chinese, Indian delivery systems are already capable of 8-10,000 KM plus.

They generally get agitated whenever India goes in for long range tests..
Multiple credible sources tell me that my Rocket Simulator caused much takleef to Chinese military and president Hú Jǐntāo.
I did not say that the han sources were credible but then Indian sources would have also hedged their bets and under reported some crucial parameters.

The reason for the han peevishness may well be from the fact that they did not expect us to make these breakthroughs quite so fast on what is essentially an organic and home grown product and our defence planners cannot afford to strictly adhere to the MTCR when regional threats are looming larger each day.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

India plans 5,000-km range ballistic missile
The 5,000km-range submarine-launched ballistic missile will carry the same K-series label and will cover all of Asia, parts of Africa, Europe and Indo-Pacific including South China Sea.
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

thammu wrote:Second firing

India successfully test-fires K-4 submarine-launched nuclear capable missile

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/national/i ... 97968.html
WOW! Two successful tests of K-4 SLBM within a week?! When has that happened earlier, two IRBMs being launched within such a short period?
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Question for the knowledgable.. Can one ssbn on patrol in the BOB cover both pa k & china? To my naive eyes, 3500km range seems sufficient to cover both countries.. But not sure if launched that cross the Indian landmass will be a good idea or bad.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Haridas wrote:
ramdas wrote:Haridasji,

Some alternatives presented here:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/spot ... deterrent/

Acess to Laser driven ICF is pivitol.
Has India built o/operationalised the NIFT ?
Do the scientists have access to Laser driven ICF?
Last edited by dinesha on 26 Jan 2020 12:08, edited 2 times in total.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Regarding the range of K4 or A5, the Chinese game is to position India as a threat to Western capitals. That's the real reason to claim the range of A5 as 8000km. But the evil yindoos aren't playing ball
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

chetak wrote:
Thakur_B wrote:Sandeep Unnithan on India Today's WarCry news series is reporting that K5 with a range of 5000 KM is up next "soon". K6 will come later in the decade.

One wonders what these two guys Modi and xi actually talk about when they meet.

Not much about politics as far i understood., but trying to understand each others views, contentious topics might be hammered out if the bureaucracy of both countries cannot handle a solution., after all the buck stops with them. Its *always* good ( or should i say vital ) that a nation should have a leader who respects and is able to put in the effort for such . India is lucky to have Modi at this turning point in its destiny.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

The decade is NOT because K6 will take that much time for its development, but rather the geopolitical conditions for India will be more favourable by that time to profess a full fledged SLBM with global strike capability.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Click on the link for the pic.
Bharat Dynamics Limited, one of India's manufacturers of ammunitions and missile systems will be showcasing, for the first time, its in-house developed 3rd Generation Fire and Forget #ATGM at #DefExpo2020 in Lucknow

https://t.co/UafHtiflG6
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

kit wrote:Not much about politics as far i understood., but trying to understand each others views, contentious topics might be hammered out if the bureaucracy of both countries cannot handle a solution., after all the buck stops with them. Its *always* good ( or should i say vital ) that a nation should have a leader who respects and is able to put in the effort for such . India is lucky to have Modi at this turning point in its destiny.
As an aside: The turning point were always there at all moments last 70 yrs, yet there were no men to take the turn.

Bharat mata unlucky to see her wasted children.
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

A single 350-500 Kg warhead might not be suitable for the K4, but will certainly be suitable for the K-15 and the Agni-1.
I hope a new version of the Agni-1, with an all composite missile casing and higher energy propellant is in the works. With a 350-500 Kgs warhead, it suffice for all of Pakistan and western china.
I think Haridasji had shown the range of the Shaurya missile with a ~500Kg warhead to be in excess of 1,500 Kms.

Is the first stage of the K4 missile made from composite or maraging steel?