Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Post by Rony »

Meanwhile in Tamil nadu.

I-T officials raid actor Joseph Vijay's house over alleged tax fraud
According to reports, the searches began in as many as 38 locations, and unaccounted cash of about Rs 25 crore was seized from the premises of a Tamil film financier who had faced allegations of intimidation and arm-twisting to recover money, officials said. Several documents indicating substantial tax evasion has been seized, sources told news agency PTI.

According to news agency ANI, the actor was, in fact, questioned by officers of the I-T department in Cuddalore. Raids were also on in the premises of the production house that had made Vijay's hugely successful recent Tamil movie 'Bigil.'
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Andhra's loss is Tamil Nadu's gain. Jagan Reddy's law on local hiring is a disastrous one

Kia Motors in talks over moving $1.1 billion plant from Andhra to Tamil Nadu
“(Kia) are facing problems (in Andhra Pradesh), they have been in preliminary negotiations with us ... There is a secretary-level meeting next week, we might have more clarity then,” the official told Reuters on Wednesday.

Kia said in a statement it has a long-term commitment to the Indian market and it aims to utilize the full capacity of its Andhra plant “before considering further expansion”.

“We do not have any plans to shift the manufacturing facility from the current location,” it said, without commenting on any policy concerns or talks with Tamil Nadu, which are at an early stage.
Kia has been troubled by a new Andhra state law on local hiring and by the new state government wanting to review the incentives given out by the previous administration to encourage the company to set up the plant, the second source and a third person with knowledge of the discussions said.

Moving the plant to Tamil Nadu could also help Kia in reducing logistics costs as it would bring it closer to some of its parts suppliers, the second source added.
Kia was caught off guard in July after the new state government in Andhra mandated companies to reserve 75% of all jobs for locals from the state, making it much harder for the company to find suitable employees, two of the sources said.

Kia has also been unnerved by the new state government’s bid to review certain financial incentives - such as breaks on electricity tax and deferred land payments - given to the company by the previous administration, one of the sources said.

After taking control of Andhra in 2019, a new government has decided to review agreements signed with several companies, including from the renewable energy sector, sparking concerns among foreign investors around sanctity of contracts in India.
The Japanese ambassador to India, given Japanese companies interest in the region, told Andhra Pradesh not to renegotiate renewables contracts as it would hit business sentiment in the region, an Aug. 7 letter seen by Reuters showed.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s federal government is separately working on a foreign investor protection law to safeguard against policy changes, Reuters has reported.

“This is a problem for all companies including Kia ... the cost of moving the plant would be too high and would set the company back by about two years and they have made huge investments,” said one of the sources aware of Kia’s concerns.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ It is a massive plant, almost the same footprint as the existing Hyundai facility in Sriperumbudur. AP would be stupid to encourage them to move out (no complaints from TN, of course), but with this new law of Jagan's, who knows? They seem to have done exactly that. Why would any new investment come up when getting skilled labour is in question? Skilled labour comes only with existing ecosystems, and this law ensures that AP cannot diversify into new areas. Even Sri City, which was set up near the TN border to take advantage of Chennai's proximity - airport, housing, schools, etc., would now run into trouble. Lots of people stay in north Chennai and commute, not sure what's their current status.

For the record, I had always viewed developments like Sri City and this Kia investment as positives, as we need to spread out our industrial growth significantly to impact more Indians, arrest urban migration, etc. So Kia moving to TN is not something I am jubilant about. But no one forced AP to legislate something like this, especially at a time the national as well as the state economy isn't firing on all cylinders, not to mention GoAP's serious revenue problems after the loss of Hyderabad.

Anyway, I think this is just a negotiating tactic by Kia when dealing with the AP govt. Nothing wrong in that, they have to protect their billion-dollar investment and it's not easy to abandon it just like that. But this kind of news will definitely hurt AP's efforts (such as it were post-CBN) to generate more industrial investments. Component makers would now stay put in the Sriperumbudur-Ranipet belt and simply supply to this plant by road. The earlier plan to develop the ecosystem at Penukonda itself to reduce costs, as well as to generate employment in this under-developed region.

I don't know about others, but I see a common thread between the current AP govt policies viz industrialization and the south-TN types who oppose all industry for one reason or the other. Is it to keep them poor and unproductive, and thereby ripen the harvest?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Kia was CBN effort to steal from other states to bring it to the poor district of Ananthpur. It sort of showed as a template for how to develop backward/poor districts. With this even if Kia is convinced to be there, ancillary units are at risk to move away as TN or KT is not far away for easy set up and moving goods to Ananthpur for Kia.

This news is definitely negative news for industrial development in AP. Any big investments or companies that want to set up factories will now think to back out knowing even huge companies can't sustain in AP environment, where damage is mostly self-inflicted.

CM YS Jagan recently went to "re-inaugurate" Kia after he came to power. I'm not sure what went wrong, maybe Chanda (donation) asked and new conditions put are too high for Kia to take drastic step.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

arshyam wrote: Anyway, I think this is just a negotiating tactic by Kia when dealing with the AP govt.
Bingo.

Bad cop, Good cop. Bad cop leaks to media. Good cop is now denying it.

Its a baseless report, we have cordial relations with AP govt
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ShyamSP wrote:Kia was CBN effort to steal from other states to bring it to the poor district of Ananthpur. It sort of showed as a template for how to develop backward/poor districts. With this even if Kia is convinced to be there, ancillary units are at risk to move away as TN or KT is not far away for easy set up and moving goods to Ananthpur for Kia.

This news is definitely negative news for industrial development in AP. Any big investments or companies that want to set up factories will now think to back out knowing even huge companies can't sustain in AP environment, where damage is mostly self-inflicted.

CM YS Jagan recently went to "re-inaugurate" Kia after he came to power. I'm not sure what went wrong, maybe Chanda (donation) asked and new conditions put are too high for Kia to take drastic step.
foreign investment is a matter of national importance and should be treated as such. If kia is thinking to move out, then not only have demands been made but there is also the clear threat of disruption in case "authorities" are not appeased all over again

One can easily imagine what the previous regime would have done to "allow" kia to set up in the state.

Unfortunately, the "people" in the state administration see it as a chanda collection exercise and are quite rapacious about the process. Their only aim is to gouge the investor and forcibly extract the chanda by threat most of the time. Multiple agencies all land up with their hands perpetually extended.

in the philippines for instance, there is corruption but there the guys are quite upfront about it, the rates are fixed and the service is assured and most important for the investors, it is time bound.

The complete approval papers are delivered to the investor personally at the promised time and this time very rarely exceeds 3-4 days. All permissions and clearances are included and nothing is left out.

Nothing to pay after that. No further needless contacts, no requests for high paying jobs for son and wife or more chanda because of marriage in the family. Any and all issues regarding the project are expeditiously sorted out, all clarifications are made quickly and not a single extra paise is asked or is to be paid after the initial payment.

Not justifying anything but just pointing out how other societies handle such issues.

There are better and worse places than India.

but once the deal is done, this political party type dacoity and theft are very rarely seen.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Rony wrote:In order to offset that split, BJP would need sections of Kamma, Rajus and Brahmins support.
Brahmins have no where to go but to BJP. Raju vote bank is smaller than brahman, I think. Kapus are a major votebank with ~40%, right?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ShyamSP wrote:... Telugu "Savala meda marmaralu erukovadam" (fetching rice crispies during death procession)
Very graphic :rotfl: (bottom feeders in English)
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Vayutuvan wrote:Brahmins have no where to go but to BJP. Raju vote bank is smaller than brahman, I think. Kapus are a major votebank with ~40%, right?
On paper Kapus are a major votebank but like BCs, Kapus are also not a united block either. Some of them are BCs, some are not. Of course, now everyone want to be a BC for reservations. Some rich Kapus marry into Reddy's and Kammas.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Rony wrote:In order to offset that split, BJP would need sections of Kamma, Rajus and Brahmins support.
Brahmins have no where to go but to BJP. Raju vote bank is smaller than brahman, I think. Kapus are a major votebank with ~40%, right?
YCP inherited INC's KHAM-votebank-model RHAMC (C is my addition). I don't think Reddys (R) moves away in AP and they are sort of keeping INC wet in T while some joined TRS. In HarijanMuslim, TDP can grab best case at most 40% if they stay centrist. After YCP got power in 2019, it is pushing all Kammas towards TDP. In last election TDP lost grip on some voteshares of BCs that it should get back as they would become most sufferers if AP economy goes bad. BCs form bulk of AP voters (BC 45-50% SC 9-10% ST 5-7% OC 35%) Upper caste Kapus form major bulk of 8-9%. BJP is trying to woo Kapus with some success recently to rope in Pawan Kalyan. If BJP become castist and grab Kapus, they still have to compete the same way for other vote banks. HAMC (25-30%) are behind big firewall for BJP and so can't damage good portion YCP so they are going after TDP. In AP "village" guy still makes a difference and BJP is no way attracting him/her with their tactics (State Kanna Lakshaman provides "village" guy view and pulls something and MP GVL pours big tar with "Kendra Parimiti" talk on it)
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ShyamSP wrote:I don't think Reddys (R) moves away in AP and they are sort of keeping INC wet in T while some joined TRS.
Some Reddy's in AP joined BJP too. But its difficult to judge if they are YSRCP coverts or genuine BJP people. Vishnuvardhan Reddy for example is a confirmed Reddy casteist. BJP's problem in AP has always been it lacks good state level leaders.

His shameful tweets from 2011

https://twitter.com/ChhBong/status/1190296798889332736
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Meanwhile, BJP has something good going on in Telangana, but I dont see it capitalizing on its achievements. Nizamabad MP D Aravind finally kept his promise within the first 6-8 months of elected to farmers of his constituency to get a Turmeric board, which was a key reason for him defeating KCR's daughter.. This should reinforce BJP's farmer friendly image in a few districts of Northern Telangana.. For a while it looked like was not delivering on his promises and instead raising only Hindutva sloganeering to make up. Glad he delivered !

What I dont understand is the delay in making the change in party state leadership... If BJP waits too long, KCR will foist false cases against all likely contenders and target them obliquely..

There are 3 good leaders fit for this position, all solid candidates - Raghunandan Rao, Bandi Sanjay and D Aravind..

Picking Raghunandan Rao will not bring in any favor from any caste, as he belongs to the extremely minority Velama community, just like KCR.. but he is the best ideologue and the sharpest of the 3 candidates, great lawyer and excellent spokesperson.. Bandi Sanjay is from the Munnuru Kaapu/BC community, uber Hindutvawadi and staunch enemy of the Owaisis and KCR.. D Aravind is more of the administrative type, doesn't have the strong ideological pedigree as the other two.. but he is also from the influential Munnuru Kaapu community and will consolidate their votes in TG if he is elected.

I think BJP will not go wrong with either of the 3 I think.. but they need to make a decision quickly.. KCR govt has already started foisting some false cases of harassing a woman against Raghunandan Rao (so far public dont seem to believe).
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:I don't think Reddys (R) moves away in AP and they are sort of keeping INC wet in T while some joined TRS.

Some Reddy's in AP joined BJP too
. But its difficult to judge if they are YSRCP coverts or genuine BJP people. Vishnuvardhan Reddy for example is a confirmed Reddy casteist. BJP's problem in AP has always been it lacks good state level leaders.

His shameful tweets from 2011

https://twitter.com/ChhBong/status/1190296798889332736
Well, a majority is defined as 51%. Generally when I say it means repeatable majority (say 60%) group behavior of members. In current times "caste" morphed into group for political benefits. Traditional "caste", more correctly Kulam, maybe surviving only in marriages. Jati "caste" is gone a lot too (Some Brahmins, Vysyas, Kapus (here I mean Kapus, Kammas, Reddies) Some BC castes are still doing their traditional Jati work but any other Jati work is gone). There are always some personal castist people that we can ignore as it doesn't add to fruitful political discussion.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:
arshyam wrote: Anyway, I think this is just a negotiating tactic by Kia when dealing with the AP govt.
Bingo.

Bad cop, Good cop. Bad cop leaks to media. Good cop is now denying it.

Its a baseless report, we have cordial relations with AP govt
This local YCP MP activities seem to indicate KIA is feeling some political pressures. They might be trying to cut benefits given to Kia before. So KIA themselves may have leaked to test and put pressure on the government on new policies. Also, they might drag on with $1B investment they made but they might move all expansion plans to TN as parent company Hyundai is already there.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQGNCb6UcAEjRgv?format=jpg (this has TDP logo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6RpOe4zpyI (but here in Loksabha yesterday he is showing rowdy behavior)

They seem to be making any area from Visaka to Ananthpur not safe for development.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

It is in YSR CP and INC, CPI(M) interest, less educated and more cash starved, easy to run and convert people with NGO money and TDP has now tied itself with this essentially INC model.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Aditya_V wrote:TDP has now tied itself with this essentially INC model.
I see many TDP people talking the language of Congress and rooting for Congress revival. They are so brainwashed by CBN/TDP yellow social media in last two years that now they think Congress is better than BJP and Pappu is better than Modi. They want Congress to regain strength in AP so that it splits Jagan Reddy/YSRCP vote bank and they want Congress to revive at the center so that Modi goes down. Anti-Congressism of NTR is no longer a important tenet for TDP people.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:TDP has now tied itself with this essentially INC model.
I see many TDP people talking the language of Congress and rooting for Congress revival. They are so brainwashed by CBN/TDP yellow social media in last two years that now they think Congress is better than BJP and Pappu is better than Modi. They want Congress to regain strength in AP so that it splits Jagan Reddy/YSRCP vote bank and they want Congress to revive at the center so that Modi goes down. Anti-Congressism of NTR is no longer a important tenet for TDP people.
Read above vote shares post I posted. TDP had to go for vestiges of INC votebank - those that didn't/can't go to YCP. Congress-ism doesn't work for TDP as they can't damage TDP narrative wholly for its votebanks and also can't pull their good-old INC votebank except for damaging YCP (i.e. cutting YCP votebank), Anti-Congressism is NOT an issue in AP as INC and BJP are competing for 1%.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ShyamSP wrote: TDP had to go for vestiges of INC votebank - those that didn't/can't go to YCP.
Who are left still which TDP can attract ? Most of Reddy's, Christians, Muslims, SCs already left to YSRCP. Vestiges of those votebank which is current congress votebank as you keep reminding us is less than 1%. So what benefit TDP has in going after that ?
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

* Upto 6 PM, BJP workers were sad bcoz of poor turnout

* At 6 PM, Exit Polls said AAP will sweep Delhi

* Minutes later, reports said voting percentage has crossed 61%

* Immediately AAP started suspecting EVMs could be tampered

Now connect the dots & guess who's winning Delhi!
https://twitter.com/mvmeet/status/12262 ... 10753?s=20
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
Kerala: Kannur Collectorate receives three citizenship applications under Citizenship Act
WHAT WILL CPM govt do now ?
Kerala: Kannur Collectorate receives three citizenship applications under Citizenship Act
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

IT raids since last 4 days on chandrababu naidu close people including ex-private secretary srinivasa rao, Lokesh close friend Kilari Rajesh and ex-TDP minister prathipati pulla rao's son. Looks like a genuine investigation from Income tax dept based on precise lead and not a random politically motivated case. One version is unrelated IT raids in Delhi, Mumbai, Karnataka on congress people lead them to AP and CBN's close people and they recovered more incriminating documents from them. Remember CBN funding Congress in Gujarat and Karnataka elections ?

Meanwhile, Intelligence DG during CBN's rule AB Venkateswara Rao is suspended by Jagan Reddy govt. When they were in opposition, Jagan/YSRCP used to make allegations on him of favoritism and harassing them. They also said then that he was involved in threatening YSRCP MLAs to defect to TDP. Official reason given for his suspension is that he colluded with an Israeli defence equipment manufacturer to illegally award critical intelligence and surveillance contract to his son's company breaching ethical code of conduct. Govt is also alleging that Venkateswara Rao willfully disclosed intelligence protocols and procedures of police to the foreign defence manufacturing firm endangering national security.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Rumors are making rounds that Srinivasa Rao has turned approver and giving lot of info and evidence against CBN.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Report: A Telangana Christian man has approached the state human rights commission complaining that his girlfriend’s family made him convert to Islam and undergo circumcision as a precondition to their marriage, but have not kept their word.
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/her-fa ... rlfriend-2
The circumcision, says Bhaskar, was carried out by a Muslim surgeon in a Vikarabad-based hospital. He says he regrets the process as it has left him in perpetual pain. And traumatised too.

He says he would have never taken the step had it not been a precondition set by his girlfriend‘s family. “It was traumatising. It still hurts,” he says.

twitter
And he wants his foreskin back? Or the rop girl? What does the expect from the human rights commission? Or maybe a visa to Europe after Vatican jumps in?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Shilpa Nair @shilpamdas 53m
Wots happenin @CMOKerala Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan

R U still the CM & Home Minister of Kerala?

25 INSAS rifles and 12,061 bullets missing from armoury of SAPB. Thiruvananthapuram.

Step down Mr. Vijayan! U have proved to be a failure!

@AmitShah need investigation ji
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Another classic case from Kerala which exposes the big racket who exploited the flood situation in the state. A music event organised by a actor couple with commie leanings for 'donations to CMDRF' neatly siphoned of the money*. This was exposed by a BJP Yuva Morcha leader, where the more 'senior' leadership was actually sleeping on the wheel .
Controversy erupts as Karuna music fest ticket sales not sent to CM relief fund yet

All I can is that I would be now too wary to donate a single paisa to KL state govt's relief fund or the various charity gangs operating there. The central government had blocked giving any more contribution to KL's relief funds as the government has not been sharing any details on how it was used.

* The icing on the cake was; when the cheating drama was exposed the organisers said they spent 23 lakhs on organising the show while only got 6 lakhs in return :evil:.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted from the political thread

I-T raids on Chandrababu Naidu ex PS yields Rs 2,000 crore

I-T raids on Chandrababu Naidu ex PS yields Rs 2,000 crore

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
N VAMSI SRINIVAS
Feb 14, 2020,

Amount is only a preliminary estimate and further investigations might reveal a higher fraud amount, IT officials said.

Vijayawada: The recent raids by the Income-Tax department on the former personal secretary of former chief minister and TD chief N. Chandrababu Naidu, and three prominent infrastructure companies considered close to the leader, revealed siphoning of funds to the tune of least Rs 2,000 crore. This amount is only a preliminary estimate and further investigations might reveal a higher fraud amount, I-T officials said.

The Income-Tax department on Thursday issued an official press release stating that “search operations carried out on close associates (of three infra companies), including a former personal secretary of a prominent person (read Mr Chandrababu Naidu, as searches were conducted at the premises of his ex-PS) and incriminating evidence was seized”.

The TD supremo, as a senior leader pointed out, was perplexed over the developments. One of the three firms raided belonged to Kadapa TD leader Srinivas Reddy’s R.K. Infra Corp. A close associate of Nara Lokesh, Mr Naidu’s son and TD party general secretary, was also raided. Sources in I-T department said that exchange of information between this associate and several top party leaders gave crucial leads to the I-T department.

“The I-T department says irregularities were found in infra companies. Government can take any action,” Mr Nara Lokesh told Deccan Chronicle.

Referring to the involvement of a former PS of the former CM, Mr Lokesh said that he was clueless on how a former PS was in possession of records of three large infra companies. “We did nothing wrong. We will wait and watch,” he said.

Explaining the modus operandi of the raids and subsequent investigations, Surabhi Ahluwalia, I-T commissioner, said that the three companies had indulged in multiple transactions by sub-contracting works to bogus and non-existent companies. These transactions were layered through multiple entities, with the last in the chain being small entities, with a turnover of less than `2 crore to avoid maintenance of books of accounts and tax audits, Ms Ahluwalia said.
Many of these companies weren’t found in the addresses mentioned in records or were found to be shell firms, she said.

25 bank lockers restrained, says I-T
Several sub-contractors were controlled by the principal contractor, on whose IP address the re-runs of sub contractors were found.

The I-T raids led to the busting of a major racket of cash generation through bogus sub contractors, over-invoicing and claiming of bogus bills. The searches resulted in unearthing unaccounted cash of `85 lakh and jewellery worth `71 lakh. More than 25 bank lockers were restrained, the IT department said.

The FDI receipts received in group companies of one of the three firms raided are suspected to be round tripping of unaccounted funds. The department also chanced upon emails and WhatsApp messages, besides incriminating records and papers which revealed unexplained foreign transactions.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

^^^
Another example of BJP propaganda or it could be from BJP-enabled YCP joint criminal propaganda. BJP wallas have lost credibility in AP for doing such YCP propaganda for some time.

Actual amount found in the raid as per the released report is 2.8 lakh (released by IT Dept itself or the person who is ex-Secretary to CBN) after they left finding nothing.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ShyamSP wrote: Actual amount found in the raid as per the released report is 2.8 lakh (released by IT Dept itself or the person who is ex-Secretary to CBN) after they left finding nothing.
Spoken like a true TDP supporter. 2000 crores are the funds siphoned through transactions that were layered through multiple entities with the last in the chain being small entities with 2 crore or less turnover to avoid book accounts and tax audits. And those entities are either registered in fake address or they are shell entities. The IT raids happened in 40 places and all are interlinked with this case . It was these documents and book accounts mentioning these transactions along with some cash that were recovered from CBN's ex-personal secretary.

1) CBN's govt transferred money to infra companies (sometimes even though the work was not completed) selected by CBN govt for infrastructure projects.
2) Infra companies transferred that money to shell companies and companies with fake address
3) These shell companies spread the money everywhere else in India
4) Money withdrawn throughout India from these fake company accounts
5) Some of the money went to the Congress coffers to fund elections in other states.
Last edited by Rony on 18 Feb 2020 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Ahmed Patel summoned by IT dept over Rs 400 crore Hawala transaction. Dont know if this is separate case or interlinked with the IT raids on CBN's ex-PS. We know TDP helped Congress with money in 2019 with their state elections.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:Ahmed Patel summoned by IT dept over Rs 400 crore Hawala transaction. Dont know if this is separate case or interlinked with the IT raids on CBN's ex-PS. We know TDP helped Congress with money in 2019 with their state elections.
~2.6 lakh was what IT mentioned and cleared him. There ends the matter. Why it couldn't be BJP hawala program unless you're blinded by "TDP is against Modi so I'm against TDP"

Story went like this as per IT statements.
1. IT raided Infra companies
2. IT raided some xyz person who was PS to some top polician
3. IT raid found substantial amount in Infra companies
Later IT cleared 2) with report/Panchanama. But you continue to do YCP propaganda which is usually picked up by YCP friends in BJP?

Two infra companies were also raided in the past and both are factually cozy with YCP and TRS. If BJP is cozy with YCP, you can link huge money to BJP also. You can link anyone to anything if missing info is not clear.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

ShyamSP wrote:
Rony wrote:Ahmed Patel summoned by IT dept over Rs 400 crore Hawala transaction. Dont know if this is separate case or interlinked with the IT raids on CBN's ex-PS. We know TDP helped Congress with money in 2019 with their state elections.
~2.6 lakh was what IT mentioned and cleared him. There ends the matter. Why it couldn't be BJP hawala program unless you're blinded by "TDP is against Modi so I'm against TDP"

Later IT cleared 2) with report/Panchanama. But you continue to do YCP propaganda which is usually picked up by YCP friends in BJP?

Two infra companies were also raided in the past and both are factually cozy with YCP and TRS. If BJP is cozy with YCP, you can link huge money to BJP also. You can link anyone to anything if missing info is not clear.

Information is coming out that Ahmed Patel's Hawala transactions linked to TDP money bags.. Hope within the next few months, truth will come out.

TDP getting quashed like a bug is essential for the emergence of Hindutvawadi forces in Andhra.

p.s. BJP taking YSRCP support is like Pandavas taking Ghatotkacha support.. on any day, a third rate anti-national, pseudo secular, treacherous backstabbing scumbag like CBN is infinitely worse than the covertly anti-Hindu Jagan whose neck is on a tight leash by BJP command.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ShyamSP wrote: ~2.6 lakh was what IT mentioned and cleared him. There ends the matter. Why it couldn't be BJP hawala program unless you're blinded by "TDP is against Modi so I'm against TDP"

Nonsense. 2.6 Lakh is from Punchanama. IT dept statement after the raid mentions both money and the documents seized. IT dept never releases punchnama by itself. Its only given to the accused just like the sworn statement of the accused, a copy of which is also given to him after the raid. But sneaky TDP released only the Punchnama of CBN's ex-PS and not the sworn statement given by him. Also interesting that TDP leaked punchnama only of this person but not other two TDP people (Nara Lokesh's friend and TDP district president) who are also involved nor the sworn statements given by them.

The end point of all these money went to Congress. Obviously BJP wont fund Congress . Back stabbing TDP on the other hand funded Congress elections which was never a secret.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Deccan Chronicle is Congress mouthpiece. Congress is TDP's ally. And Deccan Chronicle is publishing this. Interesting

Naidu options: To merge TDP with BJP, or perish
Two decades ago, then Andhra Pradesh chief minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu was one of India’s most powerful politicians. Recognised as a reformer who had put Hyderabad, his state’s capital, on a journey of meteoric rise as a software-exporting investment destination and business hub, he was given the sobriquet of CEO of AP Inc., and acknowledged as a young leader who had put three Prime Ministers in office, working out backroom nuances of national coalition politics.

Twenty years later, after several careening twists and turns of fate, Mr Naidu has suffered electoral losses in 2004 and 2009, and had a disastrous stint as the first chief minister of a bifurcated Andhra, leading to his decimation and ouster in 2019. From that low, Mr Naidu has not only been staring at the precipice since, but a fate similar to Lalu Prasad Yadav is hovering over him.

Last week, a special court of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) began hearing a case of disproportionate assets against him, filed by Lakshmi Parvathi, widow of N.T. Rama Rao, after over 14 years. A day later, income tax raids on his former personal secretary and three infrastructure companies owned by TD party leaders, found at preliminary stage false and benami transactions of Rs 2,000 crores. The tax sleuths also grilled a close aide of his son, Nara Lokesh.

On another front, Andhra chief minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy is building a strong case of insider trading in lands around Amaravati by Mr Naidu and other TD leaders — both politically and legally. Mr Reddy has politically undone most of Mr Naidu’s major moves during his 2014-19 stint as CM, including shifting the capital from Amaravati, renegotiated tenders of Polavaram and other major projects, and is trying to abolish the Legislative Council, where the TDP has a majority and hopes to stonewall some of YSRC moves.

The upending of his clout as a leader has seeped to a sharp attack at a personal level too. Mr Naidu has had his security clipped down, a convention centre built during his tenure in the capital region was torn down, and a guesthouse he is residing in as a tenant is being set up for demolition.

One of his close aides, former Andhra speaker Dr Kodela Sivaprasad Rao committed suicide after a series of cases, including one of stealing furniture from the Assembly, was registered. TD cadre and local leaders are deserting the party because it can no longer protect them from the belligerent, often violent, YSRC cadre.

Sensing an increasing vacuum in the Opposition, created by the rapid decline of TD in the state, the BJP and Tollywood actor K. Pawan Kalyan’s Jana Sena have tied up.

Mr Naidu has no friends and three powerful enemies — Narendra Modi in Delhi (whom he tried to dislodge in the Lok Sabha elections by trying to front a Rahul Gandhi-led anti-BJP coalition), K. Chandrashekar Rao (whom he tried to have defeated in the Telangana Assembly elections in a coalition with Congress) besides Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (against whom he failed in the Assembly elections in Andhra Pradesh).

With Amaravati and Hyderabad hostile by definition, Mr Naidu tried to look towards Delhi, but the BJP rebuffed his overtures, saying all doors for an alliance with him have been permanently closed.

Politically, Mr Jagan Mohan Reddy has further consolidated his narrative in Andhra since his win, he is delivering on welfare promises even if at a high cost. Though Mr Reddy rarely acknowledges issues like investments, growth or jobs creation, welfare alone should suffice for him for another term in 2024.

With the legal noose tightening, Mr Naidu has reached rock bottom of his unusual political career — having served as CM three times and, into his third stint as Leader of the Opposition.

The endgame leaves him with only one option — smell the coffee, cease being in denial, redefine his career and salvage whatever can be. The only route left for him is to offer to merge the Telugu Desam into the BJP. This would imply he would never again be the chief of a party and instead have to report to a political boss. It means giving up on all dreams of even becoming CM. It would require accepting that he would never see the coronation of his son. The merger option means a complete reinvention starting with making political sacrifices, a concept rather alien to his psyche. But as in any trade, there are several benefits if Mr Naidu opens up to some lateral thinking.

Mr Chandrababu Naidu, who has modelled his career benchmarked against icons Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore or Mahathir bin Mohamad of Malaysia, might disparage a call to fashion his future as the Himanta Biswa Sarma of Telugu states, but that is the best possible to him from now on, while avoiding the worst.

The first consequence of being the leader of a national party could lead to a possible shift to the central government and end his hibernation for next four years right away, also give him a first-time opportunity as a Union minister. The Modi Cabinet could use some good talent and Mr Naidu has a knack of delivering the goods.

The second consequence is to give his cadre and leaders loyal to TD a blanket protection, under the BJP flag, against the YSRC aggression. It would put YSRC on a backfoot, because they cannot attack BJP leaders with impunity like they do with the TD.

As a leader of BJP, a national party, Mr Naidu will have a stronger political punch to his visceral desire to take the battle to his two Telugu rivals on both sides of the bifurcated border — Mr Reddy in Andhra and Mr Chandrashekar Rao in Telangana. Mr Naidu can best help the BJP realise its goal to come to power in these states, an otherwise difficult possibility. Powered by Brand Modi, organisational acumen and the resources of Amit Shah, Mr Naidu can pull strings as he never could since 2004.

The BJP and Mr Naidu’s best-case pitch in Andhra Pradesh is to project a non-Reddy, non-Kamma chief minister. The promise of an end of duopoly of Reddy-Kamma power in caste-driven AP would galvanise people against the YSRC in an emotional way. After all, of two CMs Andhra had before 1956, 16 CMs who served in 23 terms before bifurcation, and two after bifurcation — only Tanguturi Prakasam, Damodaram Sanjivayya, P.V. Narasimha Rao, Jalagam Vengala Rao and Konijeti Rosaiah have come from other communities.

In Telangana, despite being into his second term of a debt-laden state, Mr Rao has no peer to match him on the Opposition side. As anti-incumbency rises against TRS in his second term, Mr Naidu can get help galvanise the Opposition against Mr Rao, his bête noire, and making it battle-ready.

The lure of becoming the BJP's Biswa Sarma may not be fascinating, but Mr Naidu must know the alternative — he would end up as the Lalu Prasad Yadav of Andhra.
He must decide fast because the clock is ticking and time is running out. Take a last U-turn, or it’s curtains.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ANI @ANI · 36m
Kerala Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) investigating the site in Kulathupuzha, Kollam where 14 live bullets with Pakistan Ordnance Factory (POF) markings, were found yesterday.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

chetak wrote:
ANI @ANI · 36m
Kerala Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) investigating the site in Kulathupuzha, Kollam where 14 live bullets with Pakistan Ordnance Factory (POF) markings, were found yesterday.
That's right across the sensitive Tenkasi-Shenkottah area in Tamil Nadu, which has witnessed many religious strifes.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

mappunni wrote:
chetak wrote:
That's right across the sensitive Tenkasi-Shenkottah area in Tamil Nadu, which has witnessed many religious strifes.

this has definitely arrived via the srilanka smuggling route.

the pakis are very active on this route via their embassy in SL with one way being used for almost exclusively for drugs coming from afpak on the way to europe and points beyond
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Said aeons ago,our soft underbelly is S.India and Sri Lanka is the gateway for our enemies.Decades ago,CW days, I said it was our "Trojan Horse", long before the Chins and Pakis parked their backsides inthe island. The US ,the threat at that time during the Jayawardene days has been replaced by the Chins and Pakis in the Rajapakse era.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak wrote:
ANI @ANI · 36m

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rony That article by the Deccan Chronicle is hogwash. Its based on fantasy.
And the real goal is the hope of dislodging KCR with Naidu written in the last para..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted from the political thread

Dravidian Terrorism- Naked Truth in a Nutshell

Dravidian Terrorism- Naked Truth in a Nutshell

Scores of Brahmin families were ruthlessly savaged, and their homes plundered. Unsuspecting Brahmins were brutally dragged to the streets, abused, humiliated, their identity back hair locks cut off, and their Sacred Threads snapped, after which they were pushed to the ground, dragged by ropes tied to their feet, and literally bludgeoned or hacked to death.

Srinivasa.Nagarajan@ifrc.in' Srinivasa Nagarajan

Demography (Persecution & Proselytisation) | 27-02-2020

Dravidian Terrorism is a standout. If terrorism of any kind, any place, any time, is deplorable, this is one of a kind which beggars description! It does not stop with whatever thoughts the mention of the term terrorism could spontaneously evoke, but goes way beyond to employ a whole range subtler tactics from stifling of educational and employment opportunities, stunting of professional/occupational growth to economic oppression, and emotional torture by hurting religious, ritualistic sentiments. Unlike most other forms of terrorism, it targets not aliens, nor the majority in a nation, but a small helpless cross section of the indigenous population which constitutes an infinitesimal minority — The Brahmins.

The Dravidian movement, which estranged the Brahmin community, started in the early twentieth century, crept through Tamilnadu, and grabbed some mass support by the sheer power of propaganda; parties were formed, leaders declared, supporters amassed. Notable parties of the early period were the Justice Party (நீதிக்கட்சி) and the Self-Respect Movement (சுயமரியாதை இயக்கம்). Later came the Dravida Kazhagam (D.K.), founded out of those parties in 1944, by E.V. Ramasamy Naicker (E.V.R.). Five years since, in 1949, another party — the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (D.M.K.) — splintered off, as its founder C.N. Annadurai (Anna) dissented from several of the views of E.V.R., especially his views on faith in God, and religious practices. Even as Anna openly propounded his monotheism, and the oneness of the human species as a global community, “Community is one, so is God.” (ஒன்றே குலம் ஒருவனே தேவன்), E.V.R., continued to advocate his pseudo-atheism, of which the primary objective was to malign and harm Brahmins, and slander the faith and practices of Hinduism, in the name of “atheism” and “discerning intellect” — pagutharivu — the handy Dravidian contraption which purports to eradicate superstition.

It was election time in 1967 and the D.M.K., entered the fray. Even as the chances of D.M.K., winning were being hotly debated, Chakravarthy Rajagopalachari (Rajaji), freedom fighter and senior statesman, who had held distinctive positions as the last Governor General of India, Chief Minister of Madras State, Minister of Home Affairs, Governor of West Bengal, Minister of Education threw his weight behind the D.M.K., which catapulted the party to power. Not too long after, this good-intentioned act of Rajaji’s turned out to be something which he himself had to regret for the rest of his life. With D.M.K., rising to power, its founder Anna became the Chief Minister. But his short-lived tenure, relatively placid, came to an end with his demise in 1969. He was succeeded as the Chief Minister by another Dravidian leader M. Karunanithi. Unlike his predecessor, Karunanithi had a strong inclination toward E.V.R’s pseudo-atheistic views, and as the field was clear, the new, power-laden Chief Minister wasted no time in realizing the long-cherished dream of his mentor E.V.R., another front runner K.Veeramani (who later became the head of D.K.), and the like, and incidentally that of his own — reign of terror against the target group.

Brazen acts of violence were staged against Brahmins, setting off a bloody saga in Tamilnadu. Scores of Brahmin families were ruthlessly savaged, and their homes plundered. Unsuspecting Brahmins were brutally dragged to the streets, abused, humiliated, their identity back hair locks cut off, and their Sacred Threads snapped, after which they were pushed to the ground, dragged by ropes tied to their feet, and literally bludgeoned or hacked to death. Some of these helpless victims even had their mouths peed into when they were screaming for a sip of water at the moment of their miserable, horrendous death. Even children, women and the elderly were not spared. Ravages of unimaginable proportions were inflicted upon innocent Brahmins, just because they were Brahmins: that is to say that they had no idea as to what was happening, or why it was happening, as they had nothing to do with politics. Many Brahmin families had to flee their domiciles, never to return. Name boards of shops, restaurants, and other private establishments which bore Brahminical surnames were targeted, and the surnames were tarred out, if not, the boards themselves smashed. Anything that was even remotely connected with Brahmins was vandalized. In short, it was vile, ignoble, unprovoked draconianism let loose. And the mercenaries, hooligans, and thugs who showcased it “in style” were hailed as heroes. Even the police personnel were on their side, some of them out of volition, and the others out of coercion, or supplication to power. Such was the tyranny that the conscientious and daring police officers who repulsed at the outrages could do nothing more than merely say: “Our hands are tied; please take care of yourselves.”

Since the beginning, the Dravidian leaders had contrived various forms of vicious plans. First, they created a divide within the Hindu community. They projected Tamilnadu as the land of Dravidians, and Brahmins as Aryan intruders into their land, who were grabbing job opportunities, and robbing the natives of their rightful livelihood, and who would, one day, drive them away, empty handed, from their domiciles. Further, they picked up a few unacceptable practices and rituals which were unfortunately prevalent in the society at large, but which were strongly criticized by Brahmins themselves, and called the hodgepodge of such practices and rituals, “Brahminism.” Thus, they spread the unwarranted fear of, and undeserved hatred against Brahmins and “Brahminism”, and sought to rope in the rest of the Hindu community as a united front, and pit it, against Brahmins. “If you were to see a Brahmin and a snake at the same place, spare the snake, but kill the Brahmin.”: this is just a mild sample of their motivational speeches — “mild” because instant killing is much more humane than meting out lasting torture!

Next, they tactfully equated this unfairly tarnished Brahminism with Hinduism, so as to create a window through which to thrust their pseudo-atheism dubbed as atheism. This pseudo-atheism and discerning intellect are inseparable twins forming the core of Dravidian ideology, and ably complementing each other’s endeavors to inspire followers. “Those who do not subscribe to this ideology are but backward-looking, superstitious morons!”: with such thoughts indoctrinated into their heads, the gullible followers made a headlong rush to the “proud” ranks of “discerning intellectuals” because their ideology was new, or different, or unheard of, or hitherto unpropounded, and also because it ripped away the shameful mantle of “superstitious moron”, and in its place, conferred upon them, the newfound glory as an “intellectual”, no matter of what kind, but they ultimately did so in the chimerical hope that it would transmogrify their destinies.

As for their propaganda, these farsighted Dravidian leaders were trend setters to use multifaceted means, in Tamilnadu. That is, even at a time when public speeches, newspapers, magazines, and the radio were the only means of mass communication, they not only made the most out of all those, but also transformed the drama stage, and the movie theatre, even when the Indian movie was in its infancy, from harmless enclaves of entertainment into efficacious instruments of public outreach, so as to deliver their malicious message to thousands in no time. Ironically, Brahmins too coughed up their money and thronged to watch those movies, which they thought were nothing more than entertainment.

However, the majority of the gullible, Dravidian loyalists lured by the non-existent prospect of transmogrification, and the otherwise unattainable glory as a “discerning intellectual” ended up playing stooge to their enticers, the Dravidian leaders, who in stead of reciprocating their loyalty, exploited it in numerous ways, without giving their stooges a whiff about the exploitation.

An anglophile, and a proponent of the British rule, E.V.R., was opposed to Indian independence, and is noted for his vociferous views in favour of anti-Nationalism and separatism; in his own words, for instance, “This is a country which is incapable of making even safety pins. Does it deserve independence?” E.V.R., and his band saw Brahmins as the face of Hinduism, and of Nationalism too (as of Hindusthan/Bharath), and therefore the primary target of their organized destruction of the Hindu and National Spirit that was guiding the freedom movement. In situations where they themselves could not flaunt their hatred of Brahmins, they sang a different tune, “We are not against Brahmins, but against Brahminism.” But in effect, they were not only against Brahmins and whatever they meant by Brahminism, but also against Hinduism and Nationalism. Through the unfairly tarnished image of Brahminism, they associated every bit of social injustice to Hinduism, and extended it to Nationalism. However, when Independence looked “imminent”, E.V.R., set his eyes on a sovereign state — Dravidanadu (the Land of Dravidians). To this end, he tried to persuade the British, but failed. As the British would not budge, he turned to Mohammed Ali Jinnah, who was clamouring for a break-away Pakistan, and tried to court him saying he was ready to support Jinnah’s cause in return for Jinnah’s support for his. However, his exertions in this connection were later touted, by some of his idolizers, as his gallant contribution to the Indian National Freedom Struggle, and he was himself raised to the status of a selfless freedom fighter of the ranks of the Mahathma, when in reality, all that he struggled for, was a Dravidanadu — free from India, preferably free of Brahmins.

When his separatist strategem fell flat, he fell back on his famed pseudo-atheism and discerning intellect preoccupying himself with convening public meetings, conferences, processions and rallies casting profanities on Hindu Deities, Scriptures and defiling Hindu practices. Breaking of Lord Ganesh Idols, (108 idols, a number venerated in the Hindu faith), as a counter ritual to the breaking of coconuts before Ganesh Idols highlighted these rallies taken out across the state, with much fanfare and the usual profanities, obscenities, swearwords, and what not. Probably not satisfied with all that, in 1971, he organized a massive two-day conference — Superstition Eradication Conference (மூடநம்பிக்கை ஒழிப்பு மாநாடு) — at a place called Salem in Tamilmadu. In the conference, Hindu Deities portrayed naked, with garlands made of sandals (chappals) worn on them were held aloft and carried along in a procession, beaten all along, with chappals. Ravanleela, a counter to Ramleela, marked the culmination of the procession, in which a ten feet tall effigy of Lord Shri Ram, with a chappal garland around the neck, was set ablaze.

To wrap up the aforesaid two-day conference, the top brass of the Dravida Kazhagam met under the stewardship of E.V.R., and passed some ten crucial party resolutions — the English version of these resolutions, originally published in Tamil, in the official publication of Dravida Kazhagam — “Viduthalai” (Independence) Issue dated 25 January 1971:

1. There shall be no punishment for hurting religious sentiments.

2. There shall be no governmental protection for God/religion.

3. If the wife of one man wishes for another man, she shall not be convicted.

4. There shall be no affinity for God, religion, caste, language, or nation among people.

5. The supreme court shall be abolished.

6. Brahmins shall not be referred to as Brahmins (பிராமணர் — a reverential term) but as “Parpanar” (பார்பணர் — a derogatory term).

7. Tamils shall confiscate all Brahmin publications.

8. Hinduism is not a religion.

9. We are not Hindus; we shall declare that we are not Hindus in the forthcoming census.

10. Eliminating casteism means abominating Brahmins.

These egregious resolutions are but a mitigated revelation, or confession (since they came out in their own publication) of the mindset of, and the driving force behind the Dravidian ideology, which as evidenced from the above, stood for debauchery and adultery, in terms of morality and culture; for rebellion and anarchy, in terms of nationhood and patriotism, and for anti-Brahminism and anti-Hinduism, in terms of faith and religion.

Following the demise of E.V.R. in 1973, the leadership of D.K. perched briefly on his wife Maniammai, and setteled eventually on K. Veeramani, a close associate of E.V.R. Then, Karunanithi and Veeramani pledged to keep alive, the legacy left behind by E.V.R., but in a way, they took it to new heights.

Criticizing idol worship, day in and day out, they erected statues of their departed icon E.V.R., across the state. Not to mention, some of the statues of this iconoclast of Hinduism, were positioned, in front of Temples, and Mutts — places so insightfully chosen. Further, on the walls of the Temples, and at other eye-catchy spots around, they left graffiti of E.V.R’s “golden nuggets of ‘discerning intellect'” like “There is no God; those who believe in God are uncivilized brutes.” The “intellectual” leaders, and partymen perform such rituals to those statues as the “superstitious” Hindus would perform to the idols of their Deities.

True to their “pseudo” hallmark, they preach from the rooftops, but choose where to practice because when it comes to practice, it is often one thing in the open, and another, in the hideouts. They reprimand those of their own followers who deviate from the “enlightened” path of “discerning intellect”, but with their own families and friends, they shut their eyes and ears, and allow or even encourage, with open hearts, practices that are directly antithetical to their own avowed ideals. Some even take part in such practices behind the screen, perhaps with greater devotion than that of most theists themselves! They vilify Brahmins, but invite Brahmin Priests to their homes to perform Poojas for their well being. They repel Sanskrit, demand that Sanskrit be replaced with Tamil in Temples, but insist on Sanskrit Manthras in functions at their homes, and in the laying of cornerstones for their buildings. Those in the film industry never initiate a movie shooting without Brahmins performing Invocatory rituals in Sanskrit.

Caste based reservations in education and employment in the government sectors are nothing new to India. The D.M.K., and the D.K., leapt up a step further to demand such reservations in the private sector too, more to stifle the opportunities for the forward community, particularly Brahmins, than to alleviate the suffering of any group. Speaking of caste, they reinforce casteism. E.V.R., often touted as the eliminator of casteism, remarked, “Dalits could never become the head of Dravida Kazhagam.” That is, after roping in all non-Brahmins into one group, they would make groups within groups, divisions within divisions. One fallout of this incessant grouping and divisioning is the formation of several outfits, sharing the same ideology.

There has always been a stiff competition among these various Dravidian outfits to show who is closer to the minorities. Karunanithi would never let go of an opportunity to glorify the minorities and snub the majority. For instance, the “sworn atheist” would take pride in posing himself with the Islamic traditional cap on his head, drinking the Ramadan porridge, and celebrating Ramadan with the Islamic community. According to him, Ramadan fasting is “beneficial to health”, while Hindu practices like fasting, or fire walking are but “Barbarism.” He made his famous scorn, which raised hackles even among his party men, when one of them showed up with Kumkum on his forehead: “His forehead is bleeding, take care….” Further, in their rat race to woo Muslims, these parties would stop at nothing, even if it means jeopardising national security. What else can one make out of parties vying with one another to pick up the cudgel on behalf of Rohindia infiltrators, or to revolt against the CAA?

The self-styled custodians of the Tamil language, Karunanithi and his minions, probably forgot all about their “atheism” when they suddenly woke up to some centuries-old tradition, and started lobbying for Sanskrit to be replaced with Tamil for Archanai/Poojas in Temples. It must be noted that worship in Sanskrit was very much entertained even by the legendary Tamil emperors of yore who built those Temples. Of course, Tamil worship was also present. Anyway, after much wrangling, Sanskrit was retained with a ruling that a parallel Tamil version would also be made available for those devotees who opt for it. Further, they wanted non-Brahmins as Priests in Temples. They saw Priesthood as a purely commercial enterprise (rather than a divine occupation) with which, they proclaimed, Brahmins were “minting money.” Then they presented themselves as champions of caste equality who were battling to make a fair distribution of employment opportunities, among castes, by making non-Brahmins, Priests. The truth is that so many of the Brahmin Priests were and are struggling to make ends meet. Further, those self-proclaimed champions sought to find gratification in violating a sacred Hindu tradition, when the truth is that even by tradition, there are so many Temples in Tamilnadu with non-Brahmins as Priests, who occupy the position by virtue of lineage, which means that their position cannot be challenged by anybody else, “even” Brahmins. Further, the ancient Temples, which come under the stranglehold of The Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Board, were installed with display boards and wall writings which urge devotees to “Drop their offerings in the Hundial (the ‘official’ receptacle for offerings).” On the surface, it is a message intended to ensure the use of the Hundial offerings for the upkeep of these Temples. But deep inside, it is one intended to stymie any voluntary offering to the Brahmin Priests, and divert even small offerings into the Hundial. Last but not least, what happens to Temple wealth, controlled by the Endowment Board, let alone the Hundial offerings, is common knowledge. On the whole, they were bent on converting Temples into crass commercial establishments, stripped of sanctity. However, after all this, even as the question what business an atheist has in a Temple remains unanswered, the Dravidian think tank keeps inventing newer and finer methods of Hindu sacrilege and looting of Temple wealth. By taking lessons from the Dravidian think tank, the British could probably better their “Divide-and-Rule” policy, and the historic Moghul rulers, their desecration and looting of Hindu Temples, torture and decimation of Hindu sticklers, and hurting of the Hindu faith and sentiment.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. IndiaFacts does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information in this article.

Srinivasa.Nagarajan@ifrc.in'
Srinivasa Nagarajan