Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by Prem »

Suraj wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote: Mid 1980s, all commonwealth countries provided this facility to each other. When did that change?
Can you prove this claim ?
I went to UK in 1982 without EC/ Visa and had to argue for about 13 hours with 4 different officers that Commonwealth rule allow me to apply entry at the airport. Landed at 0625 and they let me off at 1930 as last bus to my destination was leaving at 2000. Final interview was by a lady officer and she asked me to quote any famous line of Shakespeare as she did not believe i had studied the literature. Frailty Thy Name is Woman was the natural answer. She understood the taunt but laughed and noted my anger which convinced her that i was a genuine visitor.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Suraj wrote: It's true that things were less formalized then and there was more scope for discretionary permission as in your case.
True that. The only country which had tough rules was Switzerland. But there I met many Sri Lankans who came in as asylum seekers. Most of them men and most of them hooked up with Swiss women so that they would not be deported. They used to hang around doing nothing. One swiss woman friend of mine (the only one who could speak fluent English in our group because she studied at UCLA) got her African-American boyfriend to Switzerland so that they can get married and he stays back in the country. But at that time Swiss were like Paxis. They would not get residency to male spouses of Swiss women but the other way round was kosher. My friend was so frustrated with that kind of misogyny that she used to complain me everyday at lunch.

Just in 1975, Suriname got independence from The Netherlands. A large number of Indians who were taken to Dutch Guiana as Indentured Laborers came to The Netherlands. They were given not only jobs, even their air tickets to fly to Holland.

When I was leaving, I had two check-ins, a carry-on and a duffel bag which had a two-in-one I bought. When I tried to check-in the woman at the counter did not let me. I was a little dejected - that was my first trip outside India and the first air-travel as well - and was nervous. One of my seniors said he would come to see me off. Finally he did arrive. When I told him what happened, he looked around a little bit, spotted a suriname/curasaon woman at one of the check-in desks. He told me "woh desi jaisi dikh rahi hain naa. unke paas jao. woh kar degi". It turned out ot be the case. She did give me a boarding pass.

In Benelux, one would not even when one is Holland or Belgium. No borders, no checking nothing.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

BTW some background info on Debbie mohtarama ji from wiki chachi
I
n March 2018, Abrahams was suspended from her position as Shadow Work and Pensions Secretary whilst she was investigated by the Labour Party over a “workplace issue”, reported by several media outlets to be related to claims that she bullied staff;[19] she has vehemently denied the claims, adding that she is the victim of a "bullying culture of the worst kind".[20][21] In May that year she was removed from the Shadow Cabinet. In a statement, Abrahams said: "I strongly refute the allegations of bullying made against me. I believe the investigation was not thorough, fair or independent." She said she would now go to the party's National Executive Committee disputes panel.[22][23]
Abrahams married John Abrahams, a former captain of Lancashire County cricket team, in the late 1980s. They have two daughters, both of whom were sent to private schools, despite Abrahams being opposed to selective education.[4]
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

As for this Debbie Abrahams affair -

While it is good to show some British people their place, it is better to have good relations with the country now that they are out of EU. They will be lot more amenable to work with India on bilateral basis. They do have a lot of technology and IP that can benefit India.

We can deal with them from a position of strength now that they are not part of EU. My two cents.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I doubt the ruling Tories are upset about the treatment received by a pakpasand Labour MP from a bright green constituency .

Through back channels GoI can simply play the divide and rule game telling the UK leadership that green Labour are a common enemy. After all, Ms Abrahams broke the law - British law included, by making false statements about her eligibility to travel out of Heathrow .
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Suraj wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote: Yes. I visited London from The Netherlands in 1983 or 1984 summer. The company I was consulting at gave me and a colleague a bonus of all expenses paid weekend to either London or Paris. We chose London. We had only Benelux visa and would have had to get a visa for France which was not possible in short time.

After landing, the experience was something else. We were questioned for almost 20 minutes but did get the visa under "Commonwealth Countries" rule. This was well known to all who working in that consulting company.
Thanks. Your experience is quite far removed from the original claim though. Your description implies you were let in on a discretionary basis due to proven business ties to Benelux. That's not the same as general permissibility.

This is a topic I've some personal familarity with - I have extended family with various states of British nationality, some outright passport holders living there, others who are British but Indian passport holders (born in UK, living in India for donkey years) who cannot easily visit UK because their birthplace is UK and they are - according to pre-BNA 1981 law - British citizens by birth, and thus can't get a visa since the British tell them they're British, and if they get passport, they lose their Indian one - the only country they have any current ties to.

There *used* to be a time when all Commonwealth nationals could freely move to UK and live there, but that was quickly closed in the early 1960s, and formalized with the Immigration Act of 1971. This didn't apply to other Cwealth nations, and Australia in particular explicitly had a White Australia policy until the mid 70s. Commonwealth citizens can still vote in UK elections if they live in UK. So yes, technically Vijay Mallya can take on BoJo for PM position in the UK general elections from jail there...
Sirji,
This law (of no visa required for Indian citizens) was in force when I was in Europe for 10 years (1977 to 1987, 8 years in Germany and 2 in UK). But by that time this visa-less-ness had become meaningless. If you traveled to the UK and claimed entry as a Commonwealth national, you had to convince the immigration officer that you were a bonafide tourist and not an immigrant. This was such a risky deal that practically every Indian that I know got an "Entry certificate" from the British consulate (West Berlin in my case). If you could show residency in Germany the British Consulate gave you this sticker in your passport in about 2 hours. My old Indian passport still has these pink stickers. This was like a visa and offered some what more protection. They could not call it a visa as all Commonwealth Citizens were exempt from visa. But at the end of the day, the immigration officer determined your entry, irrespective of what the British Consulate gave. The treatment of New Commonwealth members (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, West Indies etc) were completely different from that of the Old Commonwealth (Canada, Australia etc.).
Gautam
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I don't really understand this concept of 'visa free' . All those people got access because they were gainfully employed in certain EU countries, who at the time had their own borders and immigration controls (pre Maastricht Treaty open borders). It's not that anyone trusted Indian people more then. They simply outsourced the cavity search to someone else, and trusted those people, in this case UK let people in because Germany did the due diligence and UK trusted German immigration control. Calling this 'visa free' is rather silly. There's no implication that they trusted Indians more - they just trusted the other guy who did the search.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Lisa wrote:India's visa rule is unfairly persecuting innocent Pakistanis
India's visa policy is affecting British businesses and universities
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... tani-orgin
Robert Winter Mule is no doubt a very common name in Lahore, Kerala. Gone silent since Sep. 2010.. when were those London subway vacuum implosions again?

There was a case back around 2005 I think, in Seattle. Fed. Judge convicted someone of terrorism because of a single point of evidence: a copy of a PITA ticket to Pakistan. Like finding a smoking gun.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

VTji: the Ibrahim woman was coming into India to do damage. What is point of "dealing from strength" if one cannot send these terrorists packing? Should have put her in the cooler for a week to investigate false papers/identify, had the UK conjul come and beg and **THEN** deported her. Nonstop to London, not Lahore. If terrorist Abdul Bin Kabul arrives at Dilli with papers claiming to be BoJo, does one roll out red carpet as befits a visiting PM, or put in cooler? Why not same here? The bowbow is anti-Indian. As they say in Mallosstan,
12 saal put pooch's tail in straight tube, still comes out curled.
So should have given her the full treatment while possible.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Suraj wrote:I don't really understand this concept of 'visa free'
I think it is called "Visa at the port of entry". It is discretionary. By the way, discretion always plays part, even if the visa was obtained outside the destination country, doesn't it? There were cases where people with ten year multiple entry visas were sent back from JFK.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

During deportation, the airline that transported the detainee is also tasked with the removal. So DEL authorities did the normal thing by putting her back on Yummy rates to Dubai. It's not their concern if she goes to Lahore instead of London from there.

With an 'ENTRY REFUSED' note written in bright red on one of her passport pages, she will now have some trouble entering places she didn't have trouble entering before, anyway. It doesn't matter if she gets a new passport to help conceal it - concealing past deportations is fraud all the same.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Suraj wrote:I don't really understand this concept of 'visa free'
I think it is called "Visa at the port of entry". It is discretionary. By the way, discretion always plays part, even if the visa was obtained outside the destination country, doesn't it? There were cases where people with ten year multiple entry visas were sent back from JFK.
The idea of visa free / visa on arrival is that your personal credentials are enough to be permitted in without any significant hassle. US passport holders during that time had true visa free entry to UK (still do).

Anyone who got a German / Benelux visa and then was given discretionary entry to UK after multiple-hour interrogation / quoting Shakespeare / wearing Thatcher's dress etc on the basis of that is not a visa free entrant. Even a professional like you was subjected to significant humiliation despite a short visit with confirmed accommodation at a fancypants London hotel.

Someone being subjected to gross humiliation and let in only after they failed to crack and admit that they were in fact planning to sell fried karelas outside Tower of London, is not in fact getting any sort of beneficial access.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Suraj wrote:I don't really understand this concept of 'visa free' . All those people got access because they were gainfully employed in certain EU countries, who at the time had their own borders and immigration controls (pre Maastricht Treaty open borders). It's not that anyone trusted Indian people more then. They simply outsourced the cavity search to someone else, and trusted those people, in this case UK let people in because Germany did the due diligence and UK trusted German immigration control. Calling this 'visa free' is rather silly. There's no implication that they trusted Indians more - they just trusted the other guy who did the search.
Indians could travel to Germany as a tourist till about 1980 without a visa. I remember the first time I had to apply for a visa to go from UK to Germany. Indians as workers were never welcomed in Europe. Neither were the Chinese. Remember the term "Yellow peril"? Europeans are always spooked by the image of millions of hard working Asians descending upon their countries, taking away their standard of living and overwhelming them.
Gautam
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

You'll have to provide reference material to support that. Not some discretionary 'I worked in UK so I was able to convince German immigration after singing Beethoven' or vice versa) but actual policy. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's unlikely, even if it's from 50 years ago. Germany had a guest worker program during the 50s-70s Wirstschaftswunder years, notably Koreans and Turks coming there then. The former went back, the latter stayed in numbers. For a nation that always loved its paperwork to not have a visa policy would be pretty odd.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Suraj wrote:Even a professional like you was subjected to significant humiliation despite a short visit with confirmed accommodation at a fancypants London hotel.

Someone being subjected to gross humiliation and let in only after they failed to crack and admit that they were in fact planning to sell fried karelas outside Tower of London, is not in fact getting any sort of beneficial access.
Believe me, I do get your point Suraj san. UK, or rather London where I was, at that time was quite racist. After the bad experience at Immigration I had a good night's sleep. A full English Breakfast was included in my hotel stay. I came down to the dining room in a funky brown jacket (which I thought was cool as in Golden Earring "When the Lady Smiles" :oops: 8) ) to dig in. There were two British men suited and booted in three piece suites at one of the tables. I filled my plate with goodies and parked myself at a table next to theirs. I could overhear one of them asking the other "So they are allowing browns into Grosvenor's now?" or something to that effect.

Little did they or I knew that Grosvesner's would be purchased by an Indian group. :mrgreen:
Wikipedia wrote: In 2010, Indian conglomerate Sahara India Pariwar purchased the hotel from the Royal Bank of Scotland for £470 million.
:twisted:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Suraj wrote:Wirstschaftswunder years, notably Koreans and Turks coming there then. The former went back, the latter stayed in numbers.
Turkish were everywhere in Holland. They were not liked but yet tolerated for reasons only known to the Dutch.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

chetak wrote:Notice sent to Emirates

The Bureau of Immigration has now sent a notice to Emirates to ascertain how Debbie Abrahams was allowed to board the flight with an invalid visa, said the official quoted above.

The airlines did not check her visa before she boarded and that is a violation too. Also, the details that her visa has been cancelled should have been with the airlines as it is also updated in their system, but they were not careful enough to check,” said the official.

“We have now sent them a notice seeking an explanation for the same,” added the official.

The official also said when the staff at the airport asked her to show them a copy of her visa, she showed them the visa that was cancelled.

“She then requested us to give her an on-arrival visa, which we refused. Travelling without a valid visa is an offence. It is a violation of visa rules. Hence, she will now be sent back,” the source said.
If you scroll up, this is exactly what I wanted to know too.
As a SDRE, I am always asked to show my OCI and the guy checks it carefully. Every time. If it didn't check out, I am out of luck.
For Debbie memsaab, with her TFTA blood, they probably just let her in without any checks because Arabis have a fetish for gori chamdi.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Suraj wrote:You'll have to provide reference material to support that. Not some discretionary 'I worked in UK so I was able to convince German immigration after singing Beethoven' or vice versa) but actual policy. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's unlikely, even if it's from 50 years ago. Germany had a guest worker program during the 50s-70s Wirstschaftswunder years, notably Koreans and Turks coming there then. The former went back, the latter stayed in numbers. For a nation that always loved its paperwork to not have a visa policy would be pretty odd.
Sirji,
Unfortunately, I do not have any reference material for this. Googling for changes in German visa rules in 1981 did not yield any result. It is too ancient, pre Schengen era. Without Google, I just have to depend on my memory, as I was there. I am sure there will be BRF members that will remember this era. I dug up my old and cancelled Indian passport. This shows my first tourist visa to Germany was issued by the BRD Konsulat in Liverpool on June 2, 1981. Before that Indians did not need a tourist visa to visit West Germany. I had visited Germany at least once from UK as a tourist before this date, and I did not require a tourist visa. As the visa rule was new, I remember speaking to the Consulate to clear up things.
You may say I am wrong, but does it matter? I do not sing at all, Beethoven or any thing else. My interaction with the German immigration was strictly professional. Germany always had a visa policy. It supports their economy period. Only their economy changed with time. In the 50-60s, they were a small pariah nation, destroyed by war, disliked/hated by all European nations. 1 DM was equal to 1 rupee or so in the 60s. India was a newly independent nation and did not look down upon them. Lot of profits were made in the Rourkela project. So, Indians were allowed to visit with out a visa. Indology was a popular study. This changed later on. When I was there , China was the new friend who could import a lot of things. India was into import substitution. So, India was shown as poor and backward, Indology classes went empty. Germans studied Chinese culture and language.
Regarding guest workers, this is a separate topic altogether. I was talking about visitors visa for tourists only. Indians did not ever have a "free" Gastarbeiter visa. The same for Indian students/trainees. When I came to Germany for my training in 1977, I had to get a visa that allowed me to work for payment. A visitor visa from Germany always states "No work allowed". In the early days, 60-70s, it was possible for Indians to come in as a visitor and then change the purpose of stay and become a student or a worker. I personally know many Indians that did this. This stopped completely in the 80s. For me personally, things have gone back as they were in 1977. With a US passport, I do not need a Schengen visa. They just stamp the passport and let me enter.
Regarding Koreans and Turks in your post: The Gastarbeiter program existed even during the Nazi era. I think they called it some thing else. Huge amounts of foreign workers were imported from the conquered areas to run the armament industry, while German men were in war. And I am not talking of the Jews and Russian prisoners of war, who were worked to death at that time in the armament industry. After WWII, Germany absorbed many German refugees from the Eastern areas lost, including Russia and Poland. But as the expanding industry demanded more workers, and the war had reduced able bodied German workers, they opened the doors to other nations, such as Italy, Greece, Spain, Hungary etc. As these countries developed, their citizens went back to their home countries. Some remained, and you can see this generation in the restaurants/shops that they still have. The only exception was the Turks, who remained as their economy did not prosper as much. Many Turks have also gone back, but the uneducated have remained. I have never met a Korean Gastarbeiter. There were of course many Gastarbeiter from India, Iran, Vietnam etc, that came on their own and stayed back. The restrictions on Gastarbeiter started in the early 70s, after the first oil crisis. The industry reduced its demand and it was forecast that automation will reduce future demand for unskilled workers.
Gautam
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Indian politicians & journalists who foolishly backed ⁦
@Debbie_abrahams ⁩ (in effect British MP for #PoK) for being denied entry into India won’t enjoy reading this report.

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Suraj wrote:Even a professional like you was subjected to significant humiliation despite a short visit with confirmed accommodation at a fancypants London hotel.

Believe me, I do get your point Suraj san. UK, or rather London where I was, at that time was quite racist. After the bad experience at Immigration I had a good night's sleep. A full English Breakfast was included in my hotel stay. I came down to the dining room in a funky brown jacket (which I thought was cool as in Golden Earring "When the Lady Smiles" :oops: 8) ) to dig in. There were two British men suited and booted in three piece suites at one of the tables. I filled my plate with goodies and parked myself at a table next to theirs. I could overhear one of them asking the other "So they are allowing browns into Grosvenor's now?" or something to that effect.

Little did they or I knew that Grosvesner's would be purchased by an Indian group. :mrgreen:
Wikipedia wrote: In 2010, Indian conglomerate Sahara India Pariwar purchased the hotel from the Royal Bank of Scotland for £470 million.
:twisted:
Strange. I have done whole UK for last 10 years and never had any such incident. If I were you I would have given them a befitting answer.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

I am sorry but just one more photo. This woman has been an anti-Indian bitch for a loooooog time.

http://jklfworld.blogspot.com/2015/02/c ... k0FxSj7SUk
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Lisa wrote:I am sorry but just one more photo. This woman has been an anti-Indian bitch for a loooooog time.

She wanted to be deported for her audience in Pakistan and Pakis in UK. The believe anything like India sending a Kabadi team.
RajeevK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajeevK »

I recently travelled on an Air India flight from Delhi to London. Other than the usual passport/visa checks at the counter/immigration there were two CISF guys near the boarding gate. Everyone had to get their passports/visas checked again and the CISF guys put a stamp on the ticket. Only then the passengers were allowed to board.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the much delayed death knell.

If it actually goes through, Indians will be more than happy, having long suffered at the hands of these entitled, racist, sermonizing, hectoring and propagandist colonial creeps

"Claims were made on Sunday that No 10 may be preparing a new onslaught on the BBC with a threat to scrap the television licence fee and turn it into a subscription service."

"...senior source as saying that the broadcaster could be forced to sell off most of its radio stations in a “massive pruning back” of its activities.

The source told the paper that Boris Johnson was “really strident” on the need for serious reform."

twitter

No 10 could scrap BBC licence fee in favour of a subscription model

Source claims Boris Johnson is ‘strident’ about broadcaster’s reach being scaled back
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

@rsingh ji, this was back in 1983-4. I had been to UK a few years back. it certainly is much better.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Pre-911 US Immigration had allowed my colleagues to 'Withdraw the I-94 and leave voluntarily' when they were caught for 'coming to work with a B1'. No stamp was made on the passport, but they were held in a secure cell, escorted to the plane (not the same as they arrived. Maybe next day, or a different airline. I don't recall) and gave the passport to the pilot (not them). In the transit point in EU, they were once again put in detention till the next flight to DEL, did the same routine and at DEL they were handed over to our Immigration babus, along with their passports.

ie exactly like deportees, but without the permanent stamp on passport.

They were told 'Lookie here y'all.. we know what y'all upto. You kin take that paper back, and we will let y'all go back. If you don't we will deport ya!'. Poor guys were doing a job. Our stoopid company tried the trick one too many time, sending people on B1 to do H1 type work. They got into trouble.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

RajeevK wrote:I recently travelled on an Air India flight from Delhi to London. Other than the usual passport/visa checks at the counter/immigration there were two CISF guys near the boarding gate. Everyone had to get their passports/visas checked again and the CISF guys put a stamp on the ticket. Only then the passengers were allowed to board.
i have been traveling to US UK to and from India/UK for last 3 years .and there has not been a single instance when my visa has not been checked
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Dileep wrote:Pre-911 US Immigration had allowed my colleagues to 'Withdraw the I-94 and leave voluntarily' when they were caught for 'coming to work with a B1'. No stamp was made on the passport, but they were held in a secure cell, escorted to the plane (not the same as they arrived. Maybe next day, or a different airline. I don't recall) and gave the passport to the pilot (not them). In the transit point in EU, they were once again put in detention till the next flight to DEL, did the same routine and at DEL they were handed over to our Immigration babus, along with their passports.

ie exactly like deportees, but without the permanent stamp on passport.

They were told 'Lookie here y'all.. we know what y'all upto. You kin take that paper back, and we will let y'all go back. If you don't we will deport ya!'. Poor guys were doing a job. Our stoopid company tried the trick one too many time, sending people on B1 to do H1 type work. They got into trouble.
This was a very common trick earlier where folks would go one B1 and work there while H1-B was getting processed putting innocent employees in trouble..
A colleague of mine was denied entry into USA when they figured that his H1-B was getting processed while he was coming on B1.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Abraham bibi gone full paki
https://www.dawn.com/news/1535441/briti ... on-kashmir
abraham bibi uvach....
I hope India will take the opportunity to reflect on Pakistan’s approach to addressing the issues that it has faced in different parts of the country
"Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
- Alfred, The Dark Knight
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

See the points table
UK to close door to non-English speakers and unskilled workers
Britain is to close its borders to unskilled workers and those who can’t speak English as part of a fundamental overhaul of immigration laws that will ..
A 10-page briefing document outlining the new immigration policy ..
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

ArjunPandit wrote:Abraham bibi gone full paki
https://www.dawn.com/news/1535441/briti ... on-kashmir
abraham bibi uvach....
I hope India will take the opportunity to reflect on Pakistan’s approach to addressing the issues that it has faced in different parts of the country
Is this piece of white trash still Debbie Abraham or Debbie Ibrahim after the Pak visit?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote:I am sorry but just one more photo. This woman has been an anti-Indian bitch for a loooooog time.

Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

A month after Meghan Markle’s exit, Britons continue to debate the role of race

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... ck-britons
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Why identitarians can’t handle the Hindus
Their unwillingness to play the victim does not go down well with the woke left

Priti Patel and the ugly prejudice of her critics
Some on the left seem to believe that all people of colour should share the left’s increasingly narrow, PC views, and if they don’t they are traitors. This is a demand for racial conformism, for racial groupthink. It fails to see people of colour and people of Asian heritage as individuals, with agency and autonomy, capable of deciding for themselves what political views they should hold.

Fundamentally, what these people hate about Patel is that she is taking a stand against their worldview. In being tough on crime, outspoken about terrorism, and determined to make good on the vote for Brexit, Patel grates against the beliefs and attitudes of the liberal, leftish sections of society. She is reintroducing firmness, authority and judgement into a public realm that had become riddled with relativism and moral cowardice, and they will never forgive her for that. So it’s gloves off. They’re out to get the bitch
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

BBC just got blocked for me, as per message “Your requested URL has been blocked as per the directions received from Department of Telecommunications, Government of India.”

They have been rabble rousing quite a bit these days. It has been practice for Indian news outlets to never identify specific acts of specific communities in riots so as to not inflame passions, but BBC has so far been spared of this self-monitoring. Maybe that is the reason they are blocked now.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

India should consider its position in the commonwealth

With all this trash talking of/propaganda against India/Hindus/GoI,
why is the GoI and High Commission so mute and helpless?

This is a country/people that cannot protect its children from pakistani rapists.

India should tell them they have chosen pakistan and it should makes its future with them.
Scotland is already pakistani and England is heading that way.

Also, all these so-called MPs/media types….. the dirty lying brown skin types will have India visa/pio cards… these should be on the chopping block.

Any MPs telling lies and trashing India/GOI should be person non grata as should similar media types.
Start with that Stupid Singh wearing the red turban.

Also I heard an MP say that India is begging for a trade deal? Is this true?
India should tell them to go and make trade deals with pakistan and the islamic world.

People need to start choosing sides on what will be a long/ongoing battle.

Being quiet and sitting around does not work and writing letters to those indulging in out and out lies and propaganda does not work…

DO NOT ENGAGE…. TELL THEM WHERE TO GO….ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Is this worth a separate thread?

A thread to deal with all countries doing such trash talk and how to hit back?
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

Meanwhile erstwhile the British masters are back in form...
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/03/uk/c ... index.html
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Avtar Singh wrote:India should consider its position in the commonwealth

With all this trash talking of/propaganda against India/Hindus/GoI,
why is the GoI and High Commission so mute and helpless?

This is a country/people that cannot protect its children from pakistani rapists.

India should tell them they have chosen pakistan and it should makes its future with them.
Scotland is already pakistani and England is heading that way.

Also, all these so-called MPs/media types….. the dirty lying brown skin types will have India visa/pio cards… these should be on the chopping block.

Any MPs telling lies and trashing India/GOI should be person non grata as should similar media types.
Start with that Stupid Singh wearing the red turban.

Also I heard an MP say that India is begging for a trade deal? Is this true?
India should tell them to go and make trade deals with pakistan and the islamic world.

People need to start choosing sides on what will be a long/ongoing battle.

Being quiet and sitting around does not work and writing letters to those indulging in out and out lies and propaganda does not work…

DO NOT ENGAGE…. TELL THEM WHERE TO GO….ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Is this worth a separate thread?

A thread to deal with all countries doing such trash talk and how to hit back?
i think its worth a seperate thread, there seems to be a pattern for the countries and the type of people involved, not to mention the very specific media outlets.. All in one place makes it easier