Levant crisis - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Levant crisis - III

Post by UlanBatori »

From the PetoLucem Twitter site
Brasco_Aad @Brasco_Aad 11h
-significant-
Russia gave Syria permission to use its S-300 PM air defense system against Turkish aircraft in case of violation of Syrian airspace.
aka ''Fire at will'' policy.
Al-Masdar News @TheArabSource·Feb 23
Syrian Army captures 2 towns in southeast #Idlib amid resumption of offensive https://is.gd/2j6Eqn #Syria
@TheArabSource. 10h Several Turkish soldiers allegedly killed in new Syrian-Russian air attack in #Idlib https://is.gd/JfZUhp #Syria #Turkey
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Today has seen major reverses in the village of Nayrab, where the Turks have overrun the area (again). I wonder why Gen. Smirnoff allowed that.. this is turning out to be the Stalingrad of the Syrian war (Deir ez Zor was the Leningrad). UBCN prediction is that the Russians and Syrians withdrew from that area and have been advancing elsewhere, allowing the Turks to pour troops and armor nicely into Nayrab - which commands access to the Motorway M4 that connects Aleppo to Idlib city AFAIK. I think a massive air campaign is coming, along with Syrian armor boxing them in for the kill. If Edrogan suffers a major knockout punch in Nayrab with a large Turkish force trapped inside that pocket and getting hammered by RuAF, I think the war will end rapidly, with Turkey throwing its terrorists under the bus.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Looks like SAA/RuAF used the cover of Erdogan's big push in Nayrab and Saraquib... to make major gains in South Idlib. Now the Nayrab and Saraquib, where SAA is retreating/holding fast, and have sucked in MAJOR Turkish/terrorist forces into a classic Stalingrad, we may see a total wipeout by Gen. Smirnoff's boyz.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Lot of noise on tweetar about a Russian strike on turks, resulting in heavy causalities.. My my...will we be seeing another Su30 v/s F16 on Feb 27 :D

Does amazon sell popcorns?
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

source please and links.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

22 so far.. initial noise in teetar was 34, let see how many is confirmed..
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

@spectatorindex
BREAKING: Turkish official confirms that 22 Turkish soldiers have been killed in airstrike in northern Syria
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is what I expected. RT.com confirms minimum 22 Turkish kebab. Meaning a lot of their HTS/AQ/ISIS/SNA chamchas are also kaput.
Also now reports say that the attack on the town of Saraquib has been repulsed .. again. Stalingrad onlee. Erdogan army sucked in and pulverized.
Erdogan has ordered more artillery strikes .... inviting Gen. Smirnoff to locate their artillery.
Prithwiraj
BRFite

Post by Prithwiraj »

Ha ha ha .. hum se jo takraye gaa o chur chur ho jaiga.. there is street proverb in Bengali which is my mother language.. it says “ jekhane haat jaina sekhane chulkas na”
English translation “Don’t try to scratch places where you hands can’t reach”.....
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

33 Turkish soldiers confirmed killed in Idlib airstrike as Erdogan chairs emergency meeting on Syria
“In Idlib, Turkey’s armed forces were targeted by the regime elements in an airstrike,” Hatay province Governor Rahmi Dogan told the media late on Thursday. While he originally said that nine soldiers had been killed, minutes later the death toll was revised to 33, the Turkish Anadolu Agency (AA) reported, citing the governor.

More Turkish servicemen have been injured in the airstrike, but their number is so far unclear.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

UlanBatori wrote:This is what I expected. RT.com confirms minimum 22 Turkish kebab. Meaning a lot of their HTS/AQ/ISIS/SNA chamchas are also kaput.
Also now reports say that the attack on the town of Saraquib has been repulsed .. again. Stalingrad onlee. Erdogan army sucked in and pulverized.
Erdogan has ordered more artillery strikes .... inviting Gen. Smirnoff to locate their artillery.
You were on the dot. This is such a set up and the Turkish Military leadership did not see it. What a bunch of ottofoons.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

22 has become 33 plus. Still less than Dilli riots, sad to say. Plus hundreds wounded, Turkish hospitals unable to cope. I think it is a massacre. The key news item (I posted it about a week back) is that the Balaclava Boyz (Russian special forces) suddenly evacuated from Saraquib. Erdogan thought great idea to go there and occupy. I think civilians are long gone from there, so RuAF simply went in and aimed at anything that moved or showed thermal signature. Coronavirus temperature sensors on their armed drones. :mrgreen:
Erdogan is an idiot to send tanks and infantry into a place where he has no hope of providing air support or any real anti-air resources except ManPads. Hope Smirnoff keeps it up until there is a total wipeout.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

PetoLucem Twitter Feed:
The'Nimr'Tiger @Souria4Syrians. 7h
BREAKING: Many reports claiming the Turks got wrecked and withdrew from many fronts without informing the jihadist factions. Now on the ground the jihadists in Saraqib are about to be wiped out with night assault.

The frigates of project 11356 Admiral Grigorovich & Admiral Makarov of Black Sea Fleet left Sevastopol Bay today.
It is possible that #Navy came to aid of govt forces of SAR & will be involved in the strike against armed gangs located in Serakib.

Peto Lucem Retweeted Serge@Zinvor·11h
Killed and wounded Turkish soldiers being evacuated after they were targeted in al-Bara, Idlib today. The soldier wiping his tears in passenger seat appears to be a Captain.

Peto Lucem Retweeted Rojava Network @RojavaNetwork

Kyle Glen@KyleJGlen·Feb 26
Turkey have reportedly began to send anti-aircraft vehicles into Idlib. This appears to be an 'Atılgan PMADS'. Basically MANPADS strapped to the top of an ACV-15. Will be interesting to see if it gets used in coming days.
·13h#Idlib: Russian warplanes has destroyed a number of Turkish supplied artilleries batteries in northern countryside of Idlib.

I think I was wrong: The Russian airstrikes are **NOT** in Saraquib/ Mayrab, but along the border!! IOW, Smirnoff decided to take out their long-range artillery and supply lines and back-up reinforcements right at the border. This leaves the Turkish force inside Idlib scratching their asses in Nayrab and Saraquib, while the SAA rampages through the rest of Idlib and comes up at their convenience behind the Turks to close the box.

Hopefully look for debriefed Turks having to walk through a Syrian gauntlet on the road home to the border. Or be captured.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

I was just checking @PetoLucem myself. To me it appears that airstrikes happened at multiple locations.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Th Turks should return their S-400's in protest!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Here is a twitter thread ...

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/stat ... 3108383744
Charles Lister @Charles_Lister

NEW - Updated reports indicate a 2-storey building used by the #Turkey military as a command headquarters was leveled in a targeted #Russia airstrike.

Requests by #Ankara to fly in helicopters to evacuate casualties were rejected by #Hmeymim AB = casualties were driven by land.
In #Europe & #America, leadership attention & policy engagement on #Idlib has been woefully negligent for far too long & the cold disregard for human life has been nothing short of appalling.

If this does spill over into #Europe, 2015-16 could pale in comparison.
Seems Erdogan will retaliate @ Europe
It ought to be stating the obvious, but developments tonight might equal nothing short of an #Assad-#Russia dream scenario.

- Hit #Turkey hard
- #Ankara lashes out at #Europe
- #Idlib begins to empty of IDPs
- #NATO & #Europe suffer
- SAA-#Russia march forward & conquer #Idlib.
As #Turkey claims to be opening the refugee floodgates to #Europe, let's just remind ourselves of the important numbers:

- 3.7 million refugees in #Turkey
- ~2 million IDPs on #Idlib border
- ~1.5 million more people in NW #Syria

Those aren't a secret. We've known for years.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Interesting turn, the doogoo against Gen Vodkoff , will Erdogan play his "trump" card and close the Bosphorus straits ?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

nachiket wrote:Th Turks should return their S-400's in protest!

:((

who knew international politics would turn out to be better than a soap opera :mrgreen:
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:22 has become 33 plus. Still less than Dilli riots, sad to say. Plus hundreds wounded, Turkish hospitals unable to cope. I think it is a massacre. The key news item (I posted it about a week back) is that the Balaclava Boyz (Russian special forces) suddenly evacuated from Saraquib. Erdogan thought great idea to go there and occupy. I think civilians are long gone from there, so RuAF simply went in and aimed at anything that moved or showed thermal signature. Coronavirus temperature sensors on their armed drones. :mrgreen:
Erdogan is an idiot to send tanks and infantry into a place where he has no hope of providing air support or any real anti-air resources except ManPads. Hope Smirnoff keeps it up until there is a total wipeout.
looks like they are really like Arabs when it comes to fighting, which shows their true nature..no oiropeans there., walking into a trap and behaving like an ostrich !!

Match count : Vodkoff 1 ; Erdo"gone" : 0
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Don't know how true (RT.com has bias in this, no doubt)
NATO offers Turkey condolences & solidarity, but no additional military aid amid Idlib crisis.
(er.Doggone! Turkey has not been attacked)
I see why the Russian warships have moved / are moving through the Bosporus: in case Erdogan jumps in and displaces all the water.
Moscow said the Turkish troops were mingled with fighters of “terrorist forces,” and that Ankara failed to inform Russia of the presence of its troops in the area.
:mrgreen:
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:Don't know how true (RT.com has bias in this, no doubt)
NATO offers Turkey condolences & solidarity, but no additional military aid amid Idlib crisis.
(er.Doggone! Turkey has not been attacked)
I see why the Russian warships have moved / are moving through the Bosporus: in case Erdogan jumps in and displaces all the water.
Its true, NATO seems quite coy suddenly, no appetitite to fight
I think Erdogan actually wants this conflict , he has not called out Vodkoff publicly and instead blames Damascus when its the Ru AF that levelled his militia.

Remember Turkeys economy is shaking as if it has the corona virus and this will help him quell the dissent whatsoever., plus his threats to Europe to let the refugees go there look like a long term plan by the mullahs to colonize Europe !! .. there seems a lot to this that it looks on the outside. Russia might be having a tango with the erdogone hoping the NATO gets involved , but now NATO has sent ... condolences :mrgreen: :((
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The'Nimr'Tiger
@Souria4Syrians.4h Now heavy airstrikes target terrorist occupied Saraqib, Nayrab, Sarmin, Qmenas
@leithfadel·18h
Russian-Turkish military meeting ends with no agreement. Turkey is still prohibited from Syrian airspace. Syrian military to resume operations in Jabal Al-Zawiya.
Tweet The'Nimr'Tiger @Souria4Syrians ·3h
During the meeting Erdogan went to the bathroom and took his mobile phone with him.He was gone for 45 minutes. When he came back he was irritated and ordered internet restrictions on Twitter among other platforms. What do you think he saw??
H.K. Flag of Syria @Ibra_Joudeh ·14h #Russian warplanes are roaming the skies over #Idlib awaiting for any stupid move by #Turkish air force.

Full video: https://twitter.com/sebcuon/status/1233196292475674630
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Putinji do not say much manytimes but when he does say better listen very carefully. when terrorists with someone,s help murdered russian men, and 75 women many pregnant and that 11 month old baby putin said russia has a long memory and we will find the people and punish them at the time of our choosing . The murder of russian pilot by the turks has come to bite them in thier pakistan.
Last edited by Suresh S on 28 Feb 2020 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Meanwhile: Istanbul braces for Big One
May be a lot bigger than Gen. Smirnoff attacking. Or maybe that's what the Govt is really scrambling against: the last quake was in September. NOOOO news of the Russian airstrike at all in Istanbul news site!!!
Last edited by UlanBatori on 28 Feb 2020 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

:D Wonder if the minister was talking about a natural or man made big one.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Erdogan's response to Russian air strike ..

https://twitter.com/abdbozkurt/status/1 ... 5913646080
Abdullah Bozkurt @abdbozkurt

#Russia will be dismembered from within, there are 25 million Muslims in Russia, we fought Russia 16 times in the past, we will do it again, our vengeance will be quite terrible, says a regular commentator of A-Haber News network that is owned by #Erdogan's family in #Turkey.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^
Yalllah!!!
What is Heepening
Turdogan eating Turds!!
Imm's bulb dimming!
Mahatir eating 'gods know what'
The 'Three Musketeers' are having a 'Ghazwa-e-Behind' moment
And if the signing of the Afghan peace accord falls down the tube!!That is the end of that then!
All this Yahood/Hindoo doing
So will it be a call for Ummah to join forces?
And will RSA allow any
Prithwiraj
BRFite

Post by Prithwiraj »

Iran is sucked into Corona Virus too....!! Oil Prices are going to crash....
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

pankajs wrote:Erdogan's response to Russian air strike ..

https://twitter.com/abdbozkurt/status/1 ... 5913646080
Abdullah Bozkurt @abdbozkurt

#Russia will be dismembered from within, there are 25 million Muslims in Russia, we fought Russia 16 times in the past, we will do it again, our vengeance will be quite terrible, says a regular commentator of A-Haber News network that is owned by #Erdogan's family in #Turkey.
:rotfl: They fought Russia 16 times and lost all 16 times
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From RT.com, comes this nugget of where it happened (probably false..)
The airstrike that killed the Turkish troops happened while the Syrian Army was repelling a large-scale offensive by the terrorist group Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), near the town of Behun. Turkish servicemen were intermingled with the terrorists, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Friday.
There is no Behun to be seen on Google maps. But I c that Saraquib is at the intersection of M5 and M4 motorways. Big deal. Like Stalingrad.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Now this is interesting: See-BS fakenews:
The DHA news agency reported that some 300 Syrian, Iranian, Iraqi, Moroccan and Pakistani refugees ...dozens of people carrying rucksacks BakPaks were gathering at the border with Greece, while others gathered on beaches facing Greek islands off Turkey's western coast.
Erdogan is sending PAKIS to do BakPak in Greece!!! I certainly do not want to be disrespectful to genuine refugees, but this stream out of Terrorist-Occupied Idlib is essentially 99% terrorists.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:Now this is interesting: See-BS fakenews:
The DHA news agency reported that some 300 Syrian, Iranian, Iraqi, Moroccan and Pakistani refugees ...dozens of people carrying rucksacks BakPaks were gathering at the border with Greece, while others gathered on beaches facing Greek islands off Turkey's western coast.
Erdogan is sending PAKIS to do BakPak in Greece!!! I certainly do not want to be disrespectful to genuine refugees, but this stream out of Terrorist-Occupied Idlib is essentially 99% terrorists.
yup , when Erdogan said dual citizenship to pakees, it was precisely this , send off the peacefuls through Turkey to do peaceful things., Now if Oirope doesnt wake up now , it never will
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

kit wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:22 has become 33 plus. Still less than Dilli riots, sad to say. Plus hundreds wounded, Turkish hospitals unable to cope. I think it is a massacre. The key news item (I posted it about a week back) is that the Balaclava Boyz (Russian special forces) suddenly evacuated from Saraquib. Erdogan thought great idea to go there and occupy. I think civilians are long gone from there, so RuAF simply went in and aimed at anything that moved or showed thermal signature. Coronavirus temperature sensors on their armed drones. :mrgreen:
looks like they are really like Arabs when it comes to fighting, which shows their true nature..no oiropeans there., walking into a trap and behaving like an ostrich !!

Match count : Vodkoff 1 ; Erdo"gone" : 0
Reminds me of a chess game I played as a smart academic boy against a street smart kid. Lots of easy targets until he suddenly castrated my king. Real nasty stuff. but good lesson :D
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

kit wrote:...will Erdogan play his "trump" card and close the Bosphorus straits ?
That would be an act of war, which would entitle Russia or any other state having a Black Sea coastline (e.g. Ukraine/Georgia) to use military force to run the blockade.

Erdogan has really acted like an Ottofoon ( :rotfl: copyright deejay 2020) and it is very unlikely NATO would support him in such a reckless course of action.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

It is quite funny to see turks claiming russia attacked nato and nato is going to respond hard.

They seem to forgetting Greece who will veto any turkush drama in Syria..
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

https://twitter.com/I30mki/status/12335 ... 34209?s=19

Turkey getting ready for war with #Russia !

Omer Celik, spokesman for Party of #Turkey, said that Turkey had begun consultations with NATO regarding events in Idlib.

After the declaration of war on #Syria, Turkey may close the Bosphorus Strait for movement of Russian ships. https://t.co/cQWWf4gGtm
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

NATO has already said, thx, but no thx. Demand for Popcorn reported high in Brussels.
Turks are tearing down old bldgs in Istanbul etc, citing "risk of Big One". No news of Syria exploits of the Fauj-e-Erdogan in Istanbul newspaper/website.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ And on cue: Andreas Mountzouroulias
@andreasmoun ·17h#Breaking #Greece vetoed a #NATO statement in support of #Turkey
And...
@Syrian_MC·14h A Turkish choppers was shot down by the #SAA over the north sector (about an hour ago)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Twitter claims major Turkish counterattacks: Aleppo airbase, Saraquib., southern Idlib (Al Ghab Plain with heavy losses to SAA.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

https://www.janes.com/article/94606/rus ... lled-turks

Russia denies involvement in airstrike that killed Turks