2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by shravanp »

CRamS wrote:
Varoon Shekhar wrote:CRamS( and others!) CBC radio in Canada has gone very left, with its coverage of the Delhi riots. That lady that both you and I like for her great balance, is absent, and the issue is being handled by blatantly slanted, one sided hosts. A Carleton U prof by the name of Varughese was interviewed, and it was a totally predictable attack on the BJP and Hindutva, devoid of subtlety or balance. Scripted, single tracked.
Varoon, on the white 'Global' narrative, we have been pummeled, lock, stock, and barrel post CAA reaching a crescendo post Delhi riots. Just like how Kohli & Co were battered in the recently concluded 1-day and test series in NZ. Thats water under the rug. I've stopped reading any global shit.

Let me give you another example. I was talking to a Brit colleague where he and I are on business in India. He is definitely knowledgeable on subcontinent affairs, fairly well read. Over the dinner table, other gora American colleagues asked about Delhi riots. To which this f!ker without batting an eyelid repeated the clinching narrative: "India govt passed a refugee citizenship law that favors everyone except Muslims".

You listen to BBC, CNN international, NYT, WP, Economist, Aljazeera etc; and this bold-faced lie cast in stone.

Saar why just goras. There are many desis in BayArea and even in Seattle who would say the same. CAA excludes Muslims and hence its against India's constitution. All saying this over a glass of single malt double distilled daru.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sudarshan wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote: Jayapal-Sawant Syndrome?
Who is Sawant (sorry for ignorance)?
Sawant is Kshama Sawant, a councillor in Seattle. She got something like a condemnation passed in Seattle City Council.

Kshama_Sawant
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I am surprised at the efforts even here to show somehow Ahamadiyas and Shias are some innocent people and minorities in Pak. We are forgetting both these sects claim that they are muslims. Genocide of Hindus (and others all over the world) was done by Shias also. Ahamadias never had "opportunities" to do such Jihadi activities IIRC. But we can be sure given chance they also will do it. Both these sects are active in asking for partition of the nation in 1947. Jinna was a Shia. The first Foreign Minister of Paxiland is a Ahamadiya IIRC.

So why we should care for they? Can anyone explain?

Parliament has absolute right in making laws on citizenship and Art 14 does not apply. If tomorrow GoI wants to give citizenship immediately on application for people with some very good qualification is some advanced sciences etc so that we get some good and talented people in our nation it can do it.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

It is a mistake to discuss the question of Shias and Ahmadiyyas in the context of the present . Or one of being uncaring while ‘preferring’ some parties . Any such argument is a red rag to those who want to cast it as ‘anti Muslim’ and ‘but we are secular and better than that’.

The reality is that CAAs genesis is much more mechanical in nature - a transfer of populations was supposed to happen but was not completed back then . Today, CAA is an implementation of that transfer of populations . This is a topic that was VERY important in 1947. Everyone at some point agreed to the idea in some form but never followed through . BJP is following through , just as it did with another event from that period - Article 370.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Yagnasri wrote:Parliament has absolute right in making laws on citizenship and Art 14 does not apply.
Looks like even the Hizzoners have firmly understood this, and thus the delays in hearing any PILs etc on the CAA. It has been nearly 5 months since CAB was tabled and it became CAA nearly two months back.
CRamS wrote:I was talking to a Brit colleague where he and I are on business in India. He is definitely knowledgeable on subcontinent affairs, fairly well read. Over the dinner table, other gora American colleagues asked about Delhi riots. To which this f!ker without batting an eyelid repeated the clinching narrative: "India govt passed a refugee citizenship law that favors everyone except Muslims".
If the bolded part is true he also should be knowing the histroy of the Hindu Muslim conflicts which have happened in the sub continent? The partition and associated riots etc.? And how the Muslim community is now pretty much linked with every act of terror across the world? And so when he made the statement, was he sympathising with them or not? If he is a liberal-left type character then there is no point in his showing the right information any ways.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Suraj wrote:It is a mistake to discuss the question of Shias and Ahmadiyyas in the context of the present . Or one of being uncaring while ‘preferring’ some parties . Any such argument is a red rag to those who want to cast it as ‘anti Muslim’ and ‘but we are secular and better than that’.

The reality is that CAAs genesis is much more mechanical in nature - a transfer of populations was supposed to happen but was not completed back then . Today, CAA is an implementation of that transfer of populations . This is a topic that was VERY important in 1947. Everyone at some point agreed to the idea in some form but never followed through . BJP is following through , just as it did with another event from that period - Article 370.
I agree there is a mechanical dimension to the CAS namely, transfer of population. But with a caveat that it is about one-way transfer. Transfer voluntarily of minorities from the designated countries. Whether this happens because these countries have made the environment so inhospitable that minorities want to relocate to India or that they feel a kinship with India, it doesn't matter. The operative word is 'voluntary '. The other transfer which was no doubt contemplated at the time of independence was given up because it was thought impractical if not cruel. Now 70 years hence that is not even an option, I feel.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

nandakumar wrote:I agree there is a mechanical dimension to the CAS namely, transfer of population. But with a caveat that it is about one-way transfer. Transfer voluntarily of minorities from the designated countries. Whether this happens because these countries have made the environment so inhospitable that minorities want to relocate to India or that they feel a kinship with India, it doesn't matter. The operative word is 'voluntary '. The other transfer which was no doubt contemplated at the time of independence was given up because it was thought impractical if not cruel. Now 70 years hence that is not even an option, I feel.
None of this 'voluntary' and 'inhospitable and want to relocate to India' stuff is helpful . I'll explain why in very simple terms - it can be used to Shias and Ahmediyas today. Or maybe Sami people in Sweden, or Jews in Dresden, or {insert some minority}. Any time you use an ideal present context, it means that context can be expanded to more people . That is how modern progressive identity politics work . Don’t get lost in that argument . It has nothing to do with CAA.

The fundamental failure of discourse on CAA is the failure to clearly state what CAA is, and why it happened. The BJP has been very poor at expressing this message - they and their predecessors always wanted transfer of population , and they are doing it. Their message has been co-opted and mangled by their political opponents into an 'anti-Muslim' claim, despite the fact that Hindus (or Sikhs, Parsis, Jains and Christians) from any other country besides those three cannot benefit from CAA either.

Keeping it purely to the mechanics of an incomplete Partition of India process, ensures the subject is not diluted by wide and sweeping ideas in the present context. That's because CAA has nothing to do with the present. The BJP was founded by people at a particular point in time who strenuously disagreed with a small number of specific policy actions conducted then. One was Article 370, which was the literal issue over which SP Mukherjee split with Nehru and founded BJS. That’s why the BJP only removes Article 370 and not Art 371 as well; they have no political issue with the latter.

The transfer of populations subject was another VERY emotive topic then. Those who later founded the BJP's predecessors were very strongly in favour of it, though by then Nehru had changed his mind to 'they'll be fine where they are', echoing Gandhi. At various times, Gandhi, Nehru and everyone else struggled with this question. Literally all of them can be quoted either way at different times.

The Congress made one decision then. The BJP has gone back and changed it. They did exactly the same with Article 370. It may be political irredentism on the part of BJP, but they have always pledged to reverse many past actions they felt were 'original mistakes' made during the foundation of India. Their restatement in terms suited to them, is principal to their own Idea of India. Always remember that - CAA is one of the pillars of the changes BJP desired to the manner in which India itself was crafted, for 70+ years. They’ve been nothing if not tenacious about bidding their time to do it when they could.

Shias, Ahmediyyas etc have as much to do with the basic reason for CAA from an Indian perspective as Fijian Hindus, Ugandan Hindus, South African Hindus, Sami or Lappland people, all of whom faced persecution but none of whom benefit from CAA either.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rift between Sickular (Yindus who buy into the BIF narrative e.g. the Communist/Naxal/Etc.) / Seecooler (Yindus Fooled/Coerced/Peer-pressured into mouthing the BIF narrative) and Piecefuls.

https://twitter.com/sakshijoshii/status ... 0065910785
Sakshi Joshi @sakshijoshii {Associate Editor/Anchor with @news24tvchannel}

1 mention of MUSLIMS & HINDUS 2gether on ur show wud hv made ur point worth listening. Bt u didn't care once 2 mention them.Dead ppl r corpses widout religion!Don't play victim card over YOU GUYS. it means ppl like u & nt Muslims. Again u saw ur religion, not u as an individual!

Read Rana Ayyub's post ss.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

More to the story ...

https://twitter.com/sakshijoshii/status ... 7813207041
Sakshi Joshi @sakshijoshii

Great .. madam . Vaise u didn't have to block me. Neither I ever followed u nor I would have ever wanted that .
I quoted a news channel's video where u were only talking about MUSLIMS and u didnt talk like an INDIAN anywhere. God bless u

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/OpusOfAli/status/12 ... 0300091392
@OpusOfAli

Hindu Liberals are our worst enemies. Sanghis are atleast honest about their intentions. The Liberal Hindu comes to Muslims pretending as a well wisher but she is in fact a deceitful hypocite, and a whitewasher and enabler of Hindu extremism.
Sickulars and Seecoolers think they can ride the jihadi tiger and make it do their bidding!

SS from twitter ... Someone is already preparing to deal with the Sickular and Seecoolers ...

https://twitter.com/pankil97/status/1235052745083645952
Angry_Sunflower @pankil97

You know what if i know that a muslim is coming to kill me just because i am a hindu, i would rather die than try and kill him.
Gandhian seecoolerism .. By Darwin's theory on the survival of the fittest he would be amongst the first to be culled out.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Video embedded ... Harsh Mander again!

https://twitter.com/girishs2/status/1235220386888867841
Girish S @girishs2

Another video of hate monger Harsh Mander surfaces
Clearly saying issue can only be resolved on streets
Shame
#HarshMander
Screen shots embedded ..
https://twitter.com/attomeybharti/statu ... 1543914496
Spaminder Bharti @attomeybharti

Usha Ramanathan has worked with riotmonger Harsh Mander on several occasions, including on Sonia’s evil Communal Violence Bill.

Per media, Usha Ramanathan is the wife of Justice Muralidhar.

Despite this, Muralidhar did not recuse himself from hearing Harsh Mander’s petition.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Ya ullu .. jab kismat ullu banayinag to pura ullu banaying ...

https://twitter.com/utkarsh_aanand/stat ... 9238411266
Utkarsh Anand @utkarsh_aanand

#DelhiPolice file affidavit in the #SupremeCourt, seeking contempt action against activist Harsh Mander. Police say his speech at #Jamia not only instigated violence but also brings judiciary to disrepute. Speech submitted to court in a pen drive. Hearing by SC on #Friday.
Dilli bolice, instead of acting on Mander's complain against Kapil Mishra, has filed an affidavit against him in the SC. :rotfl:

I think the "judiciary to disrepute" should have been left out because SC is already aware of it.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/rkkaulsr/status/1235221789933998081
Rakesh Kaul @rkkaulsr

I have asked that the thread be compiled as an article. India should pass a law that for Wikipedia to function in India the identity of the editors should be disclosed. Full transparency is key otherwise it is propaganda.
Plus GOI should file a case against this Wikipedia Vandal BUT on a non-political issue. One of the edits by "DBigXray" guy ..
There are several other edits by the same user which are highly biased and reveal a sinister mindset. He had changed “Martyred” to “Killed” in the Wikipedia article about Captain Saurabh Kalia, who was mutilated and murdered by Pakistan.
https://www.opindia.com/2020/03/delhi-a ... stigation/

The above act should make a perfect case to smoke out this "DBigXray" and file a case against him for disrespecting a martyr. It should be easy to track this guy down with the information already collected by OpIndia.

He had his formative education in a convent in Giridi, engineering from IIT-K and is currently working in Intel Bangalore. His name in real life is "Deepesh Raj". If GOI/Police approached Intel Bangalore they would have the guy in a jiffy. How many people work at Intel Bangalore from a small sleepy town of Giridi, Jharkhand?

Make an example of him and start digging for the rest of the India mods but especially ones who have behaved as vandal on wikipedia.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I do not agree that there is any mechanical thing in CAA and it is basically transfer of population. It is not. This idea of is much more deeper and profound in two aspects both are very difficult for libarandus to digest and agree.

1. Peacefuls nations around us are repressing minorities.
2. Indian Republic is a natural home for non muslims ( which makes mainly Hindus) of the subcontinent.

Many libarandu narrative of muslims being persecuted by evil Hindus and all muslims are poor lower caste hindus who escaped caste oppression are going to a big toss with this. Hence the rear-end burning is huge.

As far as BJP failing to clear the narrative etc - I do not see where is BJP failure in communication on CAA. We have many statements of PM HM and so on. The law not at all connected any Indian citizen. If people want to believe lies we can not help it.

As far as agitations etc - a softer version of Jihad is going on for many months in Bharat. We simply do not wish to see it. Mass attacks and killling of Hindus etc is going on which were simply ignored by MSM and a false narrative was sent of Muslim victimhood ( it is there all over the world). The loss of veto power on GoI policy and laws after 2019 win is clearly see by momos and libarandus. So they are doing what they always did.

It is time to push UCC when we can. There is need to bring this sharia laws to an end so that the momos understand what is a secular nation in real sense. If they have a problem they can surely go to SC and litigate.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Yagnasri wrote:I do not agree that there is any mechanical thing in CAA and it is basically transfer of population. It is not. This idea of is much more deeper and profound in two aspects both are very difficult for libarandus to digest and agree.

1. Peacefuls nations around us are repressing minorities.
2. Indian Republic is a natural home for non muslims ( which makes mainly Hindus) of the subcontinent.
This argument fails the CAA test on several counts.
1. It does not recognize current repression at all. In fact it requires people to have been resident in India at least 6 years ago (in or before 2014).
2. It does not offer any general right of return, on any basis. It specifically selects certain religious groups from certain countries only, on the basis of a specific past event - the partition.
3. The transfer of population was factually one of BJP's original political goals (along with removal of Art 370). As they were mocked, these were listed in every manifesto. They won't be listed on any more manifestos, except under 'done deals'.

This is the problem I caution about making idealist statements. They backfire, because the other side has FAR better means to state their argument (and mangle the BJPs). While one may strongly feel that the CAA should be viewed as a form of right of return, that is patently not true.

It may be an aspirational desire, but it's very hard to accomplish within the current structure of the constitution. If you aren't willing to think through the ramifications of your argument, including whether:
a) it passes current constitutional muster
b) your argument can be appropriated by others to demand *their* minorities be also accommodated
Then you fail.

Remember, any future government can amend a 'CAA' that's implemented as a form of 'home for persecuted non-Muslim minorities' into one that also includes them.

However, no one can change a law that implements and completes a transfer of population process by hastening the assimilation of the 'leftovers of Partition', short of trying to expel them. As we all know, that's a hard and almost impossible thing to do, and citizenship law makes it extremely hard to undo the conferment of citizenship.

It's not sensible to argue that the BJP 'do better' to yell louder than the opposition. That's not how to address a broken message. You step back, take out all the ideological fluff, and state the simple original reason . That reason has been supported at least partially by every major political figure from the Independence era; they just lacked the balls to do it then.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lekhraj wrote:Lots of awards are given by error. Today also, an award was given in the name of Yuva awards to someone who is involved in soul harvesting. I have conveyed the message through a messenger, but the award has been given and pictured already clicked.

twitter

Next step

@PrakashJavdekar will meet Harsh Mander with a smiling innocent guillible face. Either he is an extremely elevated soul or he is completely ignorant. Either way a blessed soul.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Police say his speech at #Jamia not only instigated violence but also brings judiciary to disrepute.
Why can't police arrests someone who they believe indulged in hate speech and instigated violence or if Delhi Police is scare to touch even do-kaudi-ka-NGO-wala
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote: twitter

Next step

@PrakashJavdekar will meet Harsh Mander with a smiling innocent guillible face. Either he is an extremely elevated soul or he is completely ignorant. Either way a blessed soul.
Personally I don't like PJ as HRD minister but why is he being patronized by Modi Ji is beyond my understanding.
303 and yet Modi Ji could not find even a single one to be a competent HRD minister.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Prannoy Roy cant be touched/Sashi tharoor will not be touched/Naresh Goyal may not be touched/Rana Ayub should not be touched/Maran cant be touched/Kani/Raja nvr be touched/PC be light touched
then wht we do?Wash your hands many times with soap& get ready for new campaign :)RT
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

As long as investigating agencies are weak/clueless, Judiciary will be with the above mentioned crowd, Touching them would mean nothing except fattening bank balance of Sibal, Tiwari, Singhvi and Chiddu.
I am sure if Mallaya/Nirav had stayed back, He would have been enjoying a better life here with bail and maybe a RS seat.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Vikas wrote:Personally I don't like PJ as HRD minister but why is he being patronized by Modi Ji is beyond my understanding.
Only thing I can infer is that PJ then seems to have complete backing from BJP, RSS et.al. He is there with explicit approvals, and his actions are also based on a clear understanding. In that way there are very many BJP 'leaders' who are incompetent and also tries to act uber-secular. The party retains them as well.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/MacaesBruno/status/ ... 7221164033
Bruno Maçães @MacaesBruno

People have asked me why a book on India. I just have a sense that the greatest challenge to Western modernity as a comprehensive civilization will come from India, not China. The story of the century may turn out to be an Indian story.
Everyone who has an iota of brain understand this and that is why we have such a vast array of forces arrayed against India/Dharmic culture from the Western society to the Church to China and the rest.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/OpusOfAli/status/12 ... 0300091392
@OpusOfAli

Hindu Liberals are our worst enemies. Sanghis are atleast honest about their intentions. The Liberal Hindu comes to Muslims pretending as a well wisher but she is in fact a deceitful hypocite, and a whitewasher and enabler of Hindu extremism.
Sickulars and Seecoolers think they can ride the jihadi tiger and make it do their bidding!

SS from twitter ... Someone is already preparing to deal with the Sickular and Seecoolers ...

https://twitter.com/pankil97/status/1235052745083645952
Angry_Sunflower @pankil97

You know what if i know that a muslim is coming to kill me just because i am a hindu, i would rather die than try and kill him.
Gandhian seecoolerism .. By Darwin's theory on the survival of the fittest he would be amongst the first to be culled out.
All these folks know the truth it is just the BIF gravy train and their confidence of being evacuated if yellow stuff hits the fan that keeps them going. Their job is too keep India backward, its not their beliefs but their gravy train which keeps them going.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
I disagree .. Where will the Sickulars (Leftist/Communist/Marxist) run when Europe and America is islamized?

A lot of Sickulars (Leftist/Communist/Marxist) genuinely think they can ride the jihadi tiger to subdue the rest and then be able to subdue the jihadi and keep is locked inside a zoo or a reservation. Jihadis too have the same thought process but with the opposite end result.

One reason leftist and Jihadi have formed a global alliance from India to Europe to the US.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

In a massive embarrassment to controversial British national broadcaster, BBC, Prasar Bharati chief executive Shashi Shekhar Vempati has declined an offer to attend one of their event citing one-sided reportage of the Anti-Hindu riots in Delhi.

In a letter written to Tony Hall, the Director-General of the BBC, Shashi Shekhar Vempati has declined the invitation to attend the BBC Indian Sportswoman of the Year Awards Night. This is the first such award ceremony hosted by the BBC.

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Peregrine »

CAA is necessary: Why the many arguments about its being unconstitutional don’t hold water - Harish Salve

The controversy over the Citizenship (Amendment) Act appears to simmer – and of late has led to communal riots. I have failed hopelessly to comprehend what the controversy is all about.

Illegal migrants are deported under the Foreigners Act 1946 and the Citizenship Act 1955. The procedure to identify illegal migrants in the Northeast was criticised and for good reason. But the law that requires Muslim migrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh to be deported is the law of 1946 and 1955. If the CAA goes away, Muslims from Bangladesh (and elsewhere) who are illegal migrants would be liable to be deported as would illegal migrants who are Sikh, Buddhist or Christian.

The citizenship of a country is presently based on similar principles followed in almost all countries governed by the rule of law. Citizenship is acquired by birth, descent, naturalisation or by acquisition of territories. Those who seek to enter a country without its permission are illegal migrants and are liable to be deported.

The demographic consequences of the Bangladesh war in the Northeast, leading up to the Assam Accord, resulted in enactment of the Illegal Migrants (Determination by Tribunals) Act – which made it practically impossible to identify and remove illegal migrants. This law was successfully challenged by those who claimed that it was a betrayal of the Assam Accord – the Supreme Court in Sonowal’s case, taking the government to task for its failure to identify and deport illegal migrants – it is in this case that the idea of a detention centre was mooted.

The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 19 July 2016 and was referred to a joint committee of both Houses of Parliament, which presented its report on 4 January 2019, recommending the bill.

The Rules framed in 2003 provided for the creation of a national register of Indian citizens, to be written up after carrying out throughout the country a house-to-house enumeration and in which doubtful cases were to be noted separately for further enquiry. These Rules have been in place for the last 16 years but are yet to be operationalised.

I fail to understand how a law which is designed to confer the benefit on an identified class of persons, and which identification is based on a rational criterion, can be condemned as being discriminatory on the ground that the legislation could have created a wider class, arrived at by applying a broader criterion for identifying the class of those who would benefit by the legislation.

The principle of equality does not mean that every law must have universal application. The principle of equality does not take away from the state the power of making classifications. If a law deals equally with members of a defined class, it is not open to the charge of denial of equal protection on the ground that it has no application to other persons.

The Supreme Court has repeatedly held the court cannot interfere simply because other methods are also possible, even if the court thinks that they are better for India and the government must be left to determine which of many possible schemes is the best.

CAA’s avowed objective is to enable conferment of Indian citizenship upon members of minority communities who hail from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Do we really need proof that minorities are persecuted in these Islamic republics? How can Parliament be faulted for coming to a conclusion that such minorities in the three named neighbours need to be protected?

Classification on the basis of religion is not per se unconstitutional – it is worth reminding ourselves that our Constitution confers special rights upon members of minority religious communities in India. If the law was broader and allowed members of all religious communities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan to migrate into India, we could as well do away with our borders.

An even more tenuous argument is finding discrimination as the law does not extend to every citizen of every country (or some countries) who has suffered religious persecution. The boldest lawyers have not gathered courage to advance any such argument – their disadvantage of course was that they were not TV anchors or enlightened members of civil society protesting on the streets.

The loudest criticism relates to the supposed intention of the government to throw all Muslims out of India. There is no law, rule or notification published – or even a draft circulated – that would suggest that the government has any such intent. The Prime Minister has denied it. If any procedure put in place requires Muslims alone all over India to prove their citizenship in a manner more onerous than that applicable to any other community, such a procedure would be unconstitutional.

Taking special measures to address demographic distortions caused by the Bangladesh conflict in defined geographic areas would be a class apart and to suggest that these measures could be made the template for the rest of India shows ignorance of the basics of the rule of law.

Polarisation between castes and religions is as old at least as the notion of modern India. I also find a growing polarisation between those who have enjoyed the perquisites of power over decades and between those who have replaced them. Add to this mix the fact that certain ideologies which are but dust on the bookshelves of political history in the countries of their origin continue to be romanced by intellectuals, some of whom dominate civil society and civil discourse. All this creates a fertile ground for protests and aggressive debates – and when it comes to romanticising such movements, perhaps the feeling is why let the truth spoil a good story!

Cheers Image
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Sachin wrote:
Vikas wrote:Personally I don't like PJ as HRD minister but why is he being patronized by Modi Ji is beyond my understanding.
Only thing I can infer is that PJ then seems to have complete backing from BJP, RSS et.al. He is there with explicit approvals, and his actions are also based on a clear understanding. In that way there are very many BJP 'leaders' who are incompetent and also tries to act uber-secular. The party retains them as well.
Sachin, This sounds counter intuitive. Why would RSS promote a guy like PJ instead of a hard core agenda driven Sanghi who could make a difference in HRD ministry like Sh. MM Joshi. In competence, PJ is no better than previous Congress ministers. Sadly the current HRD minister too is no big shakes.

Lot of folks in BJP are imports from koolaid drinking Luyten like society or from other parties.
When people like Sunny Deol (waste of vote by Gurudaspur), Gautam Gambhir (Why the eff is he always angry) or Hansraj (who ?) get BJP tickets, You expect them to act uber-secular since their core interest is outside politics or BJP.

On another note, looks like Siddhu has started making moves to get himself nominated as CM candidate in Punjab when the next election arrives in 2 years. Amarinder Singh has already announced retirement once his term expires.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

pankajs wrote:^^
I disagree .. Where will the Sickulars (Leftist/Communist/Marxist) run when Europe and America is islamized?

A lot of Sickulars (Leftist/Communist/Marxist) genuinely think they can ride the jihadi tiger to subdue the rest and then be able to subdue the jihadi and keep is locked inside a zoo or a reservation. Jihadis too have the same thought process but with the opposite end result.

One reason leftist and Jihadi have formed a global alliance from India to Europe to the US.
USA is pretty much free and deliberately free and Muslim % in Europe is also very manageable.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Aditya_V wrote:
pankajs wrote:^^

USA is pretty much free and deliberately free and Muslim % in Europe is also very manageable.
The left is pushing for open borders in Europe and America not just in India. That to me is signal enough that they think they can ride the jihadis and manage them as well.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The fight between the sickular/seecooler and jihadis continues ...

https://twitter.com/nazmaaman/status/12 ... 8593727489
Dr Nazma @nazmaaman

Madam @sakshijoshii is really amused that Rana Ayyub blocked her, for her spiteful comments which reeked of jealousy and pettiness. I have a question for you, Sakshi. How does one talk like an INDIAN?
Varun Mudgal @Canonslake

...One more thing to add

I find it very depressing when people who have taken responsibility to fight against this fascist govt are fighting among themselves

Don't become the person you despise the most
Bery Sickular ...
Dr Nazma @nazmaaman

Her choice of words, in the first tweet itself were derogatory. At times like this, some amount of sensitivity is required. Then she went ahead and tweeted this. No one is denying that, Hindu lives were lost. But in a pogrom, only one is target nd others collateral damage.
Wha Wah ... You per-decide who is the target and the rest are "collateral damage". Victimhood at its best!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Continued ... somewhere on the jumble of replies.

https://twitter.com/mdkhalidakhter/stat ... 1170432009
Mohammad Khalid Akhter | محمد خالد اختر @mdkhalidakhter

This tweet of sakshi ji is enough to understand, what she means to Indianness, here is she praised the two biggest fascist ever, the first one who provoked mobs for Babri demolishes/nellie massacre and the second one is 2002 supernatural hero
Sakshi Joshi @sakshijoshii

And ur BIO is all to suggest ur identity is only of a Muslim ... Just like those who write proud hindu .
U both r the same. Keep fighting over religion. Keep creating more gap . That is what u all want
She too has drunk the koolaid as in seecooler
Kavita Krishnan @kavita_krishnan

No Sakshi, this is where the problem is. Saying "proud Hindu" in India celebrates Hindu supremacy. Saying proud Muslim at a time when Muslims are attacked for being Muslim, is like asserting Gay Pride when being gay is stigmatised. Think why we don't hv "Straight Pride" rallies.
The embodiment of sickularitis!
SPattath
BRFite

Post by SPattath »

Vikas wrote:
chetak wrote: twitter

Personally I don't like PJ as HRD minister but why is he being patronized by Modi Ji is beyond my understanding.
303 and yet Modi Ji could not find even a single one to be a competent HRD minister.
PJ is not the HRD minister!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/utkarsh_aanand/stat ... 0215123968

Colin Gonsalves, Harsh Mander's lawyer in #Delhi HC, today proposed to submit a transcript of his speech, saying he feels 'responsible'.
But the #CJI asks him to stay away since he is not Mander's lawyer in #SupremeCourt. Y'day, Gonsalves hadn't said anything on Mander's speech.

#SupremeCourt declines to hear Harsh Mander today in his petition after SG Tushar Mehta adduces transcripts of his reported speech at #Jamia wherein he said there is no trust left in the courts & that ultimate justice has to be on the streets.

#CJI: We will sort this out first.
AFTER getting caught trying to game the system, Mander's lawyers trying to show fake sincerity towards administration of justice. :rotfl:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://youtu.be/LacEi5O7siw
https://youtu.be/a1l82wZFILA
And here we go
And another front opened on the SC
Maybe warning CJI we will take you to the cleaners once you retire!!
Here is the 'Mad' Katju and 'Philanderer' Singhvi on previous CJI!!!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Harsh Mander is Sonia Gandhis Goebbels. From the 2002 Gujarat riots to Shaheen Bagh this man has poisoned Muslim minds and then tried to control the narrative on the ensuing violence by blaming Hindus. Like Goebbels who was virulently anti Semitic, Mander is virulently anti Hindu
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

[quote][Saying "proud Hindu" in India celebrates Hindu supremacy. Saying proud Muslim at a time when Muslims are attacked for being Muslim, is like asserting Gay Pride when being gay is stigmatised.[/quote ]
The line between parody and reality really blurs :-?
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Thread on Wiki confirming our suspicions
Soumyadipta
@Soumyadipta
Years ago, my friend and I collaborated to write an investigative article on Wikipedia.

The plan was to expose the entrenched gang of Wikipedia editors who earn money by creating and editing Wikipedia pages.

A Bollywood producer helped me with the contact of an agency.
(Thread)
It is a long thread, the person took the effort to write his experience with Wikipedia and it is worth reading it. We know that there are issues with how information is presented in it, this actually explains the MO.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/MacaesBruno/status/ ... 7221164033
Bruno Maçães @MacaesBruno

People have asked me why a book on India. I just have a sense that the greatest challenge to Western modernity as a comprehensive civilization will come from India, not China. The story of the century may turn out to be an Indian story.
Everyone who has an iota of brain understand this and that is why we have such a vast array of forces arrayed against India/Dharmic culture from the Western society to the Church to China and the rest.
Could not agree more. India is unfathomable but to a few Non Indians.

Tens of Millions still dip in waters of rivers across the country on pious occasions and every month has a festival.

People worship literally every kind of creepy crawly, animal and what not.

1000 years of invasions have brutalized the country but it is slowly emerging from the brutality.

In my view, biggest evidence of this - despite grinding poverty, still, in many pockets across the country, the crime rates (not considering communal violence) are exceptionally low. Contrast with large swathes of Africa, South America, and even parts of Asia - where crime rates are exceptionally high. It is a True Wonder of Human Kind.

.. and am not even talking about the idea that in the supposedly Intelligent World of the future, a people driven by Knowledge shall blossom.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He is a nationalist journalist and a good friend.