Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SandeepA
BRFite

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by SandeepA »

Canadian PM'Trudeau's wife is infected

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid1 ... -1.5495001
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

... the numbers Amber G. posted can be an overestimate (or so I hope).
Unless drastic actions are taken without delay (to limit social contact) we may reach those numbers and *more* - Those number, ought to be taken seriously. Ohio is doing it but it should be on national level.
Below is a chart from a slide from a Webminar of the American Hospital Association - communicating the "best guess" impact - What US should be ready for. The numbers are scary but not unrealistic.

They are asking for 10X the worse Flu epidemic type preparation!

(Very interesting that many official numbers now being shared at high-level in US are kind of number(s) I have posted in BRF -- The numbers based on data and solid math.
Last edited by Amber G. on 13 Mar 2020 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

SandeepA wrote:Canadian PM'Trudeau's wife is infected

Hollywood Star Tom Hanks and his wife were infected too! On a movie set in Australia, I believe.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Amber G. wrote:
Unless drastic actions are taken without delay (to limit social contact) we may reach those numbers and *more* - Those number, ought to be taken seriously. Ohio is doing it but it should be on national level.
Below is a chart from a slide from a Webminar of the American Hospital Association - communicating the "best guess" impact - What US should be ready for. The numbers are scary but not unrealistic.

(Very interesting that many official numbers now being shared at high-level in US are kind of number(s) I have posted in BRF -- The numbers based on data and solid math.
Thanks for posting, Amber. I get more info and piece of mind from BR than any of the so-called professional media.

The numbers are scary but I've gotten pass the real anger I felt when the infections began spreading because the ball was completely dropped on dealing with the European front which undid the good from rapid reaction to Cheen and Asia.

I am resigned to the fact that we might need to live with this like the flu. Hopefully it will die off in the summer like the flu as well.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Amber G. wrote: . The numbers are scary but not unrealistic.
<see post above about numbers
For those who dismiss, and say this can't be true .. I remember 1969 and 2009 .. both had similar numbers, only part was CFR was much lower. (1969 was not fun at all - Away from home and quite new in US).
We have to "flatten the curve" and flatten it fast...
Last edited by Amber G. on 13 Mar 2020 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Amber G. wrote:

Couple of things about the AHA slide:
1. It could be another way to get more funding similar to how the dod made big case for f22 after cope India 1.0
2. The CFR seems remarkably low considering global numbers. Are US hospitals that good?

Just sayin'
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/politics ... index.html

'We are flying blind': Lawmakers fume amid lack of coronavirus testing and answers
By Haley Byrd, Lauren Fox, Manu Raju and Ted Barrett, CNN

Updated 2:45 PM ET, Thu March 12, 2020
Republican and Democratic senators left their closed briefing furious over the US failure to ensure there is widespread testing -- and contradicted President Donald Trump's claims that anyone can get tested when they want to get tested.

"Our system has just not been up to snuff and I think a lot of people are frustrated by it," said Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah. "I'm one of them."
GOP Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma, an ally of Trump, told CNN that the President "should stop saying" that anyone can get a COVID-19 test if they want one.

"It's not consistent right now" with what representatives of federal agencies told senators, Lankford said. "That is not accurate right now. People should stop saying if you want a test, you should get a test right now. That's not here at this point."
"I don't know that anyone is satisfied with where we are right now," Lankford said.

Democrats called out the Trump administration for not having widespread testing available.

"I am very angry and frustrated about how we got to where we are now," said Washington Sen. Patty Murray, ranking Democrat on the Senate HELP Committee. "We are going to continue to push this administration to ramp up the tests but the reality is, and we were just told this by the experts, that they don't have the tests available and can't give us a date they will be."

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a Democrat from Connecticut, described his feelings as "absolutely appalled."
"I am appalled and astonished that we have lost a critical two months there's still no plan, no strategy, for testing for ventilators, for the basics that are required for people to survive," Blumenthal said. "We're talking about life and death and there's still no plan." ....

At least one lawmaker has become a symbol himself for availability of coronavirus testing. A spokesperson tweeted Thursday morning that Democratic Rep. Don Beyer of Virginia has not been given the test after having a meal with a person who tested positive for the disease.
"We tried to get a test for him, not bc he is special, but bc of who he interacts with," tweeted Beyer's spokesperson Aaron Fritschner. "Thought it important to know ASAP. But there aren't enough tests, he didn't meet the risk threshold. Member of Congress." Beyer is one several lawmakers who is self quarantining.
The video interview with Vice President Pence in that CNN link is unbelievable. It's crazy that he was not able or willing to give a straightforward answer regarding how many tests have been conducted in the U.S. Here's the link on YouTube. Watch from 7:00-10:20. The journalist, Allison Camerota, was understandably frustrated by VP Pence's non-answers.

(This link starts from the beginning.)

(This link starts at 7:00.)
https://youtu.be/1y1EKEhZRMo?t=420

https://twitter.com/FoxReports/status/1 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Key: [U.S. Congressional] members were floored as they learned that roughly just 11,000 Coronavirus tests TOTAL have been conducted compared to the fact that in South Korea, 10,000 tests are conducted A DAY.
https://twitter.com/danielsgoldman/stat ... 9358571520
Let’s be very clear: unless you have pneumonia and traveled to one of 5 high-risk countries recently, you can NOT get a #COVID19 test in New York City. If you, like me, have a fever and a headache (but tested negative for the flu), you are unable to rule out #COVID19. Shameful.
Last edited by Avarachan on 13 Mar 2020 09:57, edited 6 times in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 602836.cms
Coronavirus: China stalls supplies, India faces anti-retroviral shortage
Drugs are one thing India should have insisted be made in India by the pharmaceutical companies. This is a chance to bring a lot of things home without the companies crying hoarse about it.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

one patient is an outlier.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Apparently India leaves lower end pharmaceuticals to China. They do a bit higher end work.

Vayutuvan wrote:
one patient is an outlier.

One patient means nothing. Who writes these stories? Or is it self-promotion by these physicians?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

chola wrote:
SandeepA wrote:Canadian PM'Trudeau's wife is infected

Hollywood Star Tom Hanks and his wife were infected too! On a movie set in Australia, I believe.
Yes I read that too. I would think they contracted it in the many flights they may have taken, transit, and people they met etc. But is that explanation satisfying? I mean, both Canadian PM's wife and Hollywood actors are I am sure pretty well off. They would have been in clean environments. They wouldn't have come in contact with aam junta, may be Trudeau's wife would have; but all this still doesn't explain anything with a fair degree of certitude.

I managed to pre-pone my trip back to Dallas from Bengaluru by 1 day. Now I am running helter skelter to find a mask. Cain, I took that preventive Homeopathic remedy you posted. The doc at the store told me 5 pills for 3 days and repeat the course again after 2 weeks. Hope it helps :-). Took 2 doses already, yesterday and today.

Now I am running helter skelter to find a good mask. Not available anywhere. My only option is to get it from one of the 24-hour emergency clinics in my neighborhood. I am kissing the resident doctor and owner's ass and begging him to sell me a few. Waiting for his phone call :-).
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

sanjaykumar wrote:One patient means nothing. Who writes these stories? Or is it self-promotion by these physicians?
Read the bit about this treatment being a ICMR protocol. I have confirmation from another source that this is what they are using as a standard treatment for the disease in India.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

That may be so. And it might well be justifiable. But what is the evidence that the protocols are safe and effective?
Aarvee
BRFite

Post by Aarvee »

sanjaykumar wrote:Apparently India leaves lower end pharmaceuticals to China. They do a bit higher end work.

Vayutuvan wrote: one patient is an outlier.

One patient means nothing. Who writes these stories? Or is it self-promotion by these physicians?
Similar attempts have been made in other countries as well.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coron ... oronavirus

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opin ... irus-67052

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... d-12383016
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I am waiting for Italian data. Don’t trust the Chinese. However given the fatality rate, it is reasonable inference the cocktail is not useful.

Italy beacause they have the number of cases and a decent health system with ( somewhat) accountable governance.
tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

So far India's response to the Wuhan Virus seems to be well calibrated... the real test will occur around monsoons July onwards. We have some amount of time to prepare.

The big advantage I feel is that this epidemic gives a massive fillip to home businesses... it is an opportunity that should allow us to leap frog a new paradigm of businesses running out of homes rather that having to commute to work.

Govt should move most services online...

Thankfully some decisions we took in 2010 on creating an online system of working are paying off now
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

What is with these freak-outs about "OMG, we have community transmission!" Is that surprising, and does it have to imply airborne transmission? Not at all, methinks.

In the USA, there are typically hundreds or thousands of the below kind of pantomimes every day in every small town, to say nothing about the bigger cities:

* You go to visit a doctor, the person at the check-in hands you a form to fill out, you grab a pen which has been used by countless folks over months and years, and you fill out the form - last time, I noticed that the check-in lady was sniffling, that a guy who came in coughed into his hands and then reached for the pen to fill out his form - God knows how many folks chew on the pen meditatively to get their creative juices flowing as they pen down (fictional?) details

* Then you grab a well-thumbed (read - well-licked) magazine and pretend to be interested in its contents

* You might go to the grocery store, handle items which have been stocked from trucks by grubby-handed workers, and which have since been poked, prodded, and rejected by other shoppers

* You might grab another ancient pen to sign your credit card statement

* Then to the gas station, where (here's a good one) you punch in letters and numbers on a notoriously germy key-pad

* Then handle that fuel line, after which you nicely smear your wallet and credit card with germs - not to mention your cell phone, which of course, you have been talking or texting on all the while

* On to grab pizza - while at the store, you see a cute, furry dog, so you walk over, cradle its head in your arm, snuggle the whole arrangement against your thigh, and go "oogie voogie boogie goo!" (So now the dog is tainted enough to pass it on to other loving acquaintances)

* Then home, to bed (with shoes on), turn on TV and juggle remote and pizza, occasionally putting the remote into your mouth and punching the pizza slice by mistake

* If the significant other is around, there is a chance of extra-curricular activities as well

* Etc. etc.

And we have these doctors being shocked that "OMG, this person, with no travel to any hot-spots, and no contact with any known infected person, still tested positive! Arrey baba, community transmission ho gaya re, hum sab mar gaye!"

And then they assume it has to be airborne transmission. I think the above routes are sufficient to explain the occasional cases of community transmission, and more.

Can you shut down all these transmission routes? Recall the story of Parikshit. The man had all the vast resources of an emperor in his hands, he sealed himself pretty effectively with his "self-quarantine," and still couldn't avoid what was coming to him! It's all decided by your karmaphala onlee.

That karmaphala of course includes all the fruits of your actions to take care of your own body as well, such as regular exercise, nutrition, sleep, hydration, and general hygiene and common sense, especially in the face of developing disease situations.

Sharira yatrapi cha te, na prasiddayet akarmanah (-BG 3.8-)

(Even taking care of your own body is impossible without proper action)

So keep a little perspective onlee....
Last edited by sudarshan on 13 Mar 2020 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

hanumadu wrote:
agupta wrote:

Wishful thinking. There is no scientific evidence or reasoning for this (yet). I hope fervently its true, but hope is not reason for credence right ?

SGP and HK had, and executed very well, on pandemic handling protocols. It's as simple as that. Easier of course for them than for a large country... but it takes will, skill and resources and they had/used all of it. Ditto for SK.
Singapore and HK are only supporting evidence. But India is the main reason to have hopes in this theory. Vietnam and Phlippines seems to be largely unaffected too, both having nice warm temperatures right now.

Yea, right now its only a theory but hopefully one that turns out to be true.
How are things in desh?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I went to Costco this evening, and had the shock of my life. Empty shelves, and produce & food were disappearing. Of course no paper napkins, toilet rolls, sanitizes etc. Breads were gone, all kinds of cookies, pastries all gone. No Bananas, very little tomatoes, meat bins were near empty.

I returned home after a surreal experience, scared and nervous.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sudarshan ji, you forgot the most important thang - bee. "where is the beer?"
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Vayutuvan wrote:sudarshan ji, you forgot the most important thang - bee. "where is the beer?"
Maybe 'coz I don't drink :).
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Avarachan wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/politics ... index.html

The video interview with Vice President Pence in that CNN link is unbelievable. It's crazy that he was not able or willing to give a straightforward answer regarding how many tests have been conducted in the U.S. Here's the link on YouTube. Watch from 7:00-10:20. The journalist, Allison Camerota, was understandably frustrated by VP Pence's non-answers.
With all due respect, I thought both the interviewer and Pence were quite dignified and Pence answered everything to the best of his ability. Like for example, that part about testing to know where the clusters are.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

tandav wrote:So far India's response to the Wuhan Virus seems to be well calibrated... the real test will occur around monsoons July onwards. We have some amount of time to prepare.

The big advantage I feel is that this epidemic gives a massive fillip to home businesses... it is an opportunity that should allow us to leap frog a new paradigm of businesses running out of homes rather that having to commute to work.

Govt should move most services online...

Thankfully some decisions we took in 2010 on creating an online system of working are paying off now
Viruses dont spread in monsoon, mostly bacteria, rain washes them away from the Air. The real test will come next winter, cold dry weather is the best case for such viruses to spread.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

CRamS wrote:
chola wrote:
Yes I read that too. I would think they contracted it in the many flights they may have taken, transit, and people they met etc. But is that explanation satisfying? I mean, both Canadian PM's wife and Hollywood actors are I am sure pretty well off. They would have been in clean environments. They wouldn't have come in contact with aam junta, may be Trudeau's wife would have; but all this still doesn't explain anything with a fair degree of certitude.

I managed to pre-pone my trip back to Dallas from Bengaluru by 1 day. Now I am running helter skelter to find a mask. Cain, I took that preventive Homeopathic remedy you posted. The doc at the store told me 5 pills for 3 days and repeat the course again after 2 weeks. Hope it helps :-). Took 2 doses already, yesterday and today.

Now I am running helter skelter to find a good mask. Not available anywhere. My only option is to get it from one of the 24-hour emergency clinics in my neighborhood. I am kissing the resident doctor and owner's ass and begging him to sell me a few. Waiting for his phone call :-).
I just started my dose as well CRSji. I was told to take it on an empty stomach. If you absolutely can't find a mask, I was informed by a Vaidyaji to coat nasal membranes with coconut oil or ghee.

Goodluck and safe travels.
tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

hanumadu wrote:
nvishal wrote:Hanumadu,

Flu is most prevalent in India during the cold season.

In monsoon, mosquito breeds better and hence diseases like dengue, malaria, chikungunya are common.

Rain water is responsible for washing away dirt and organic matter to the sewers. Covid19 is not transmitted by mosquitos.

Weekly trends and proportion of annual numbers of positive influenza cases, by epidemiologic week and influenza type, Srinagar (A) and New Delhi (B), India, 2011–2012. Clear seasonal peaks are seen in January–March (weeks 1–16) for Srinagar and in July and September (weeks 28–40) for New Delhi.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4193176/
We identified discrete patterns of influenza circulation in India. In Srinagar, a city in the northernmost region of India, influenza positivity rates peaked in winter (December–March), whereas in New Delhi, a city just ≈500 km south of Srinagar, influenza peaked during the monsoon season (July–September). The winter peak in Srinagar is similar to the timing of influenza circulation observed for most countries in Europe and United States in the Northern Hemisphere (4,5). By contrast, the data on influenza seasonality in New Delhi corroborate findings which showed that many countries in tropical regions (e.g., Brazil, India, Vietnam) experience high influenza transmission rates during the rainy season (6,11–13). Overall, influenza A and B viruses co-circulated throughout the surveillance period in Srinagar and New Delhi; however, the types and subtypes varied.
Wuhan Coronavirus will probably track Influenza which is also a coronavirus. Influenza shows different seasonal peaks between Srinagar (peaks in Dec-Mar: Winter) and Delhi (Peaks in July-Sep: monsoon)
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

SwamyG wrote:
hanumadu wrote:
Singapore and HK are only supporting evidence. But India is the main reason to have hopes in this theory. Vietnam and Phlippines seems to be largely unaffected too, both having nice warm temperatures right now.

How are things in desh?
I am not in India, so can't say. Sorry. :)
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Saar what is happening in Ohio? Is this true ?

Ohio health official estimates 100,000 people in state have Coronavitus

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... ssion=true
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

sanjaykumar wrote:I am waiting for Italian data. Don’t trust the Chinese. However given the fatality rate, it is reasonable inference the cocktail is not useful.

Italy beacause they have the number of cases and a decent health system with ( somewhat) accountable governance.
Use the Korean numbers. The Italian ones will scare people sh1tless. But I think they are the outliers.

Korean (who had a similar amount of infected) has a much lower death. So do Germany, Spain, France and the US. Italy and Iran are the only ones with such high death rates.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

All 112 people admitted to ITBP facility in Delhi test negative for coronavirus; to be released on Friday: Officials.

France reports 595 new cases of coronavirus and 13 new deaths, raising country's total to 2,876 cases and 61 dead.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chola wrote:
sanjaykumar wrote:I am waiting for Italian data. Don’t trust the Chinese. However given the fatality rate, it is reasonable inference the cocktail is not useful.

Use the Korean numbers. The Italian ones will scare people sh1tless. But I think they are the outliers.

Korean (who had a similar amount of infected) has a much lower death. So do Germany, Spain, France and the US. Italy and Iran are the only ones with such high death rates.
Question is why? Are there any demographic/cultural factors that match between Korea, Ger, Spain, and France vs Italy? Where does the US fit in? Korean seem too low based on variables discussed earlier. Perhaps somewhere in the middle..
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Aarvee wrote:
Similar attempts have been made in other countries as well.
Yes. It is fairly well known among experts - For example there is a pretty well circulated discussion about a paper written - about these type of ( About 3 or 4 ) drugs - and their effects in China and Korea cases.
Spent some time with a pulmonologist understanding why this is so exciting and useful - and summarizing the learning to distribute to other doctors - with links to articles, dozes used etc.

Indian Doctors at Jaipur are certainly aware of all these. (They are certainly MUCH more capable than some ddm types who go dismissing others).

If there is *genuine* and *serious* interest from someone (who is a doctor and does/did not have time to keep up with latest) I will put more details or links to paper's to find more details ---..

Continue reading if there is genuine interest and have trust in scientific methods and interest in learning: :)
(Also forgive if there is some error or sloppy wording -- you can always consult a medical text book if some correction is needed)

Basically: from what I understand:
- This depends on Zinc ionophore activity - At least 3 drugs are quite promising. All three have gone through level 1 and level 2 trials - (They are known drugs so things like side effects etc are known). One drug went for trial for ebola but did not work, it works better here.
- They are going thru blind trials - (Not approved by FDA here in US - so not allowed here in US but are being used in other countries)

How they work (In aam aadmi's language):

- It was long known that Zinc (Zn ion (Zn++) in blood) has property to disrupt virus replication.
- But problem was Zn++, even if it is in the body will not pass through cell membrane. So it was almost useless as Zn++ could not go where it was needed.
These drugs (ionphoes) make it possible to let Zn++ pass through the membrane and inside the cell.

The drugs are Chloroquine (Let me put a fairly easy to read paper https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... =printable
Remdesivir - (Today actually this is making news in Washington post)
Another drug similar to Chloroquine

Another interesting part I saw - which some people used was some curcuminoids (component of Haldi) (non-prescription).

For common folks - Let doctors read the paper and latest learnings - correct dose etc.
One thing I want to add here:

Increasing Zn intake (or Zn tablets ) will NOT help. If you are deficient in Zn, and it is prescribed by doctor, by all means take it so you are not deficient. Over dose WILL NOT help.

Ditto for Vitamin D - Again modest level (not deficient ) is known to improve immune system (and thus indirectly help) but again you just need basic minimum requirement.

Ask your doctor.
For Haldi - again ask your doctor. There are some watch outs. (that will be OT here)
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Just to give an example, here in US why some things are still quite bad..

- A doctor west coast prescribed Remdesivir to one of his patient who is in ICU - as a Compassionate purposes. It still took him about 40 minutes to get the approval from powers to be. ( I am glad this is not so at Jaipur or in Korea).

- Head of Department in a Indiana Medical School was tweeting - asking all to call the governor to implement rules (like canceling schools and avoid large gatherings - like they have done in Ohio).

- Testing situation is still a mess. Many are waiting for result, longer than promised. Even the health care workers - keeping them in isolation if not necessary makes no sense.

etc...
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

SwamyG wrote:
hanumadu wrote:

How are things in desh?
Firstly, welcome back - needs some big event for veterans to report back to base :).

Life in desh is going on saar. People are aware, and generally taking precautions where possible. Reduced traffic in malls and theaters, and other public spots. Holi was subdued in general - Modi publicly calling off his celebration helped. Where possible, people are working from home. The notorious BLR ORR traffic is noticeably lesser. Lots of people wearing masks - even makeshift, handkerchiefs, etc. I am especially noticing a lot of essential workers doing this - bus drivers, delivery agents, vegetable vendors, etc. Not all have N95s, but they are wearing whatever they can. Many people have self-quarantined as precautionary measures even for mild cough like issues. A colleague was asked to do so by her maid, of all people - but I consider that as a positive sign of well spread awareness.

Main thing is, there is no panic, no overstocking of groceries, etc. Some level of philosophical difference when it comes to unkil, I suppose (the obsession with armageddon and all that, which have no meaning in desh).

The govt seems to be doing a good job - in addition to reports on BRF, I heard they are now asking domestic air travellers also to fill the health declaration card in some airports. Not sure how widespread it is, will confirm when I travel a few days later. Every outgoing cell phone call is greeted with a warning message about the virus (though it's only in English for me), but it seems to have helped at some level. Lots of people including myself also got automated calls from the health ministry with a similar warning message. Many schools have closed early for summer vacation, and exams have been postponed, etc. Big q now is what will happen to IPL...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

David Vance @DVATW · 18h
Many Italians in Northern Italy sold their leather goods and textiles companies to China. Italy then allowed 100,000 Chinese from Wuhan/Wenzhou to move to Italy to work in these factories, with direct Wuhan flights. Result: Northern Italy is Europe’s hotspot for Wuhan Coronavirus

vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

back at the eyetalian ranch

Coronavirus patients who refuse to self-isolate face murder charges in Italy

meanwhile, note their arrogance in India.

not enough for these "royals"

edited to add image

Why are we evacuating "Indians" holding foreign passports :mrgreen:

83 evacuees from coronavirus-hit Italy create ruckus at Army facility, demand separate rooms

After police and Army explained that this is not a ‘luxury resort’, the group of 83 individuals, comprising Indians and foreigners of Indian-origin, relented.

New Delhi: A group of 83 individuals, who had returned from coronavirus-hit Italy and were taken to the Manesar quarantine facility run by the Indian Army Wednesday, created ruckus demanding better facilities, forcing the police to be called in.

After the police and the Army personnel explained that this is not a “luxury resort”, the group, comprising Indians and foreigners of Indian-origin, relented.

A source said the group had arrived from Italy on an Air India flight (AI138) on 11 March. They were immediately quarantined at the Army facility.

While 74 individuals in the group are Indians, the remaining nine are foreigners of Indian-origin — six Italians and three US nationals.
Last edited by chetak on 13 Mar 2020 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Does anyone have information on vaccines, design, manufacture, time to market etc or for that matter reliable and easy to understand links?

Please. Thank you.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

sooraj wrote:Image
The actions of the relatives and it's repeat accross the country are most scary as this is the most effective way of breaking quarantine.

Even if a single exposed individual is missed he can be a potential source of infection.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote:Does anyone have information on vaccines, design, manufacture, time to market etc or for that matter reliable and easy to understand links?

Please. Thank you.
could try to get and send you some books if you want