2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by chetak »

back at the eyetalian ranch

Coronavirus patients who refuse to self-isolate face murder charges in Italy

meanwhile, note their arrogance in India.

not enough for these "evacuated royals"

Why are we evacuating "Indians" holding foreign passports :mrgreen:

83 evacuees from coronavirus-hit Italy create ruckus at Army facility, demand separate rooms

After police and Army explained that this is not a ‘luxury resort’, the group of 83 individuals, comprising Indians and foreigners of Indian-origin, relented.

New Delhi: A group of 83 individuals, who had returned from coronavirus-hit Italy and were taken to the Manesar quarantine facility run by the Indian Army Wednesday, created ruckus demanding better facilities, forcing the police to be called in.

After the police and the Army personnel explained that this is not a “luxury resort”, the group, comprising Indians and foreigners of Indian-origin, relented.

A source said the group had arrived from Italy on an Air India flight (AI138) on 11 March. They were immediately quarantined at the Army facility.

While 74 individuals in the group are Indians, the remaining nine are foreigners of Indian-origin — six Italians and three US nationals.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

rgosain wrote:
chetak wrote:the wuhan coronavirus china's black swan.

It is also a black swan for china sourced supply chains. The risk factors are too high for the global economy to have such a large exposure as well as interconnected dependencies on a single source of supply.

the chinese society is not transparent and they have wilfully hidden as well as grossly mishandled the initial outbreak of the wuhan virus for a considerably long period of time knowing jack shit about the risks and consequences involved thus allowing it to spread and now be declared a pandemic.

in many ways, china is still third world in spite of the manufactured hype and deceit. the coronavirus has displayed to the world the fragiity of china's health care and social systems.

It is only because of the brutal and totalitarian nature of their regime, they are now belatedly able to quarantine entire cities. much like bolting the barn doors much after the horses of the coronavirus apocalypse have bolted.

when the wuhan dust finally settles, countries like India are well placed to become the second source for the major supply chains dependent solely on the incompetent hans
There is a culture of dependency on china or a stockholm syndrome that needs to be rooted out from some sectors of the indian pharma sector. Having said that I know a few Eu clients are looking to India to source vegan cosmetic raw materials. Any help would be appreciated please
At one time India had five manufacturers of Penicillin G an ingredient for a range of antibiotics. Everyone of them shut shop as they couldn't match Chinese prices. This was after anti dumping duties and what not were imposed to safeguard domestic manufacturers. God knows how they managed it. But they did.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Some of the Chinese people just made a timeline of #WuhanVirus

Source:https://pincong.rocks/article/15612

sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

nandakumar wrote: At one time India had five manufacturers of Penicillin G an ingredient for a range of antibiotics. Everyone of them shut shop as they couldn't match Chinese prices. This was after anti dumping duties and what not were imposed to safeguard domestic manufacturers. God knows how they managed it. But they did.
Can manufacture of essential and life saving medicines by undertaken as a PSU, at least now? Just so that it is immune to predatory practices and we become self sufficient in times of crisis.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nandakumar wrote:
rgosain wrote:
There is a culture of dependency on china or a stockholm syndrome that needs to be rooted out from some sectors of the indian pharma sector. Having said that I know a few Eu clients are looking to India to source vegan cosmetic raw materials. Any help would be appreciated please
At one time India had five manufacturers of Penicillin G an ingredient for a range of antibiotics. Everyone of them shut shop as they couldn't match Chinese prices. This was after anti dumping duties and what not were imposed to safeguard domestic manufacturers. God knows how they managed it. But they did.

A lot of countries have blindly outsourced their manufacturing capacity to China. All in the quest of cost arbitrage and saving margins and bottom line profits.

Tomorrow this 'saving' may hit us with n-fold interest, in terms of loss of bargaining power and lack of capacity at the crucial time just like it is now devastating our local pharma industries today.

Outsourcing is very appealing to a rational mind. But remember, such rationality is like a mind numbing drug and foolishly depending on a single source is nothing but economic and strategic suicide and directly affects NATSEC when applied with insufficient forethought to critical and vital supply chains directly affecting crucial end products.

Risk apportionment is a fancy term, looks good in theory and it is little understood in actual practice but bandied about liberally by these baboo(n)s like small minds. Such fallacious analyses are far from the truth and ground reality.

When the schitt hits the ceiling, risk apportionment argument will go bust because it is based on a lie.

the hans are not realising (as usual) that localisation is important.

Their moves now will decide course of action for multiple countries and their trade with them.

In fact, their bargaining (or even blackmailing) for trivial things is actually exposing their true colors. This is going to push many countries into local manufacturing.

We need to build local capacities if we are to further our supreme national interests.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

nachiket wrote:
Primus wrote: Witness how quiet UP has become under YA. I also believe had the BJP won the elections in Delhi, this rioting may not have happened.
Delhi police is under central govt. so that wouldn't make a difference. If anything, I believe the govt. was too lenient in not letting the police off their leash early enough. Possibly because they didn't want the media to attack them as anti-Muslim bigots carrying out a pogrom. Well guess what! The media did it anyway and they also blamed them for not stopping the violence in the same breath.

Also, if you look at the pictures and videos you can clearly see how poorly equipped the police in our freaking capital are when it comes to riot control gear and equipment. It is absolutely unpardonable for a country like India where riots are fairly common. Just compare the pictures with those from Hong Kong or pretty much any other country where riots and protest happen.
I was thinking more on the lines of the rioters having no fear of retribution, especially the likes of Tahir Hussain, perhaps even being encouraged tacitly. Yes, the police are under the central gov, but the judges, administrators are all under the Delhi regime.

Studies of the grooming scandal of UK suggest that the police inaction was the result of the very same perception - of being thought of as anti-Asian and particularly anti-muslim. Sometimes you have to grab the bull by the horns and not be bothered about perception - look at how they were maligned until the videos of the attacks on the DCP and Ratan Lal surfaced.

From here on though, I think a lesson has been learned, by all the parties involved.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The GoI has reacted quickly.

Those having medical insurance policy in India, covering hospitalization, may note that IRDA has instructed the insurance companies to include the medical cover for COVID 19 irrespective of the type of policy.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Old coot is out of detention.
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister and National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah walked out of his Gupkar residence on Friday, seven months after he was put under detention following the abrogation of Article 370 by the central government. “I am free, I am free,” he said while addressing the media persons gathered outside his home.
Abdullah was detained in August last year after the Centre stripped Jammu and Kashmir of its special status and bifurcated it into two union territories.
“I am grateful to the people of the state and country who spoke for my freedom. I would like to thank everyone and every individual who prayed for my freedom,” said 82-year-old Abdullah.
“This freedom will be complete only when all the other detained leaders - including former chief minister Mehbooba Mufti and Omar Abdullah - in various buildings are released,” he added. “I hope Government of India will take action soon to release everyone.”
Abdullah also said that he will not make any political statement till the time all the leaders are released.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

chetak wrote:The GoI has reacted quickly.

Those having medical insurance policy in India, covering hospitalization, may note that IRDA has instructed the insurance companies to include the medical cover for COVID 19 irrespective of the type of policy.

Having read the directive from IRDA. It is meaningless in context of the current health insurance policy terms and conditions.

It is only there to show that IRDA is seen to be doing something. The existing policy t&c is sufficient as it is for the treatment of illness.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

poison pens like this sorry example of a colonial britshit are very pissed off that India has handled the wuhan virus outbreak rather well.

Adam Withnall@adamwithnall
Asia Editor for http://independent.co.uk

nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

sajo wrote:
nandakumar wrote: At one time India had five manufacturers of Penicillin G an ingredient for a range of antibiotics. Everyone of them shut shop as they couldn't match Chinese prices. This was after anti dumping duties and what not were imposed to safeguard domestic manufacturers. God knows how they managed it. But they did.
Can manufacture of essential and life saving medicines by undertaken as a PSU, at least now? Just so that it is immune to predatory practices and we become self sufficient in times of crisis.
Hindustan Antibiotics in Pinpri, Pune was a PSU was shut down as its production process was not very efficient. I am not very familiar with the science of it, (I being a humble bean counter!) but I think it had something to do with the fact that the bacteria didn't multiply in large enough number for cramping up production and reduce unit costs. JK Pharma, Spic were two others who set out to manufacture Penicillin G. While they were State of the Art, they couldn't match Chinese prices.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chetak wrote:poison pens like this sorry example of a colonial britshit are very pissed off that India has handled the wuhan virus outbreak rather well.

Adam Withnall@adamwithnall

Similar stuff coming out from other yellow journos with similar agenda - I read one from Time that mentioned Modi's Hindu Nationalist party, and cow products etc...Won't give it the bandwidth here - atrocious.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

I think this foresight should go as one of the GoI achievement, they have if not saved at least delayed the coronavirus spread in India. I am sure, by setting up medical test centers they have already saved many lives.

I give all credit to the GoI aka Modi ji. But let's not post it too much as liberals and goons will go to any length to give a bad name to Modi ji!!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

AbhiSex is skating on thin ice ... Will not please the jamat and hence likely to run foul to the sickular ethos of CON. Is he too signalling a change of color?

https://twitter.com/SwarajyaMag/status/ ... 4059268096
Swarajya @SwarajyaMag

Congress MP A M Singhvi To Move Bill Proposing Enforcement Of Two-Child Policy Using Incentives, Disincentives
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Human Rights Watch sells its service ..

https://twitter.com/HillelNeuer/status/ ... 7424703488
Hillel Neuer @HillelNeuer

@KenRoth Human Rights Watch is now reviewing your "judgment & leadership" after you solicited a $470,000 gift from a Saudi rights abuser by promising NOT to advocate for LGBT victims in the Middle East, who face brutal abuse. Will you apologize to them?
https://theintercept.com/2020/03/02/hum ... practices/
Human Rights Watch Took Money From Saudi Businessman After Documenting His Coercive Labor Practices
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://openthemagazine.com/columns/coming-clash-west/
The Coming Clash with the West
The Western media’s hostility to Modi is nothing new. He never particularly endeared himself to them in the first place. The accusations of culpability in the Gujarat riots of 2002 and his affiliation to the ‘right-wing nationalist’ Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), deeply tarnished his image in the eyes of Western media commentators and the intelligentsia. But it’s worth asking: Where does this sudden outburst of Western hostility come from? Why now?

The simple answer is: It’s not about Modi, the BJP or even India for that matter. This, instead, has everything to do with the nature of the embattled public discourse going on in the West, the US and Western Europe to be precise.
I disagree ...

It is certainly not about just Modi or BJP but it is about India. Brown beepul, who not a long time back where de-facto slaves, about to overtake west and perhaps in a position not too far out of being able to dictate terms to white folks gets a lot of white folks in a tizzy.

That is to say, the rise of India has the potential to over-turn the "New American Century" century.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

As usual, Amul says it best.

R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

pankajs wrote:AbhiSex is skating on thin ice ... Will not please the jamat and hence likely to run foul to the sickular ethos of CON. Is he too signalling a change of color?

Swarajya @SwarajyaMag

Congress MP A M Singhvi To Move Bill Proposing Enforcement Of Two-Child Policy Using Incentives, Disincentives
He is trying to be too clever, a Congress man can never be trusted. Peaceful folks won’t care and continue with their business as usual. Only Hindus will get excited and will become minority in few decades. Any way it has exemptions for BPL. 95% of “secular” ppl come under BPL.
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

R_Kumar wrote:
pankajs wrote:AbhiSex is skating on thin ice ... Will not please the jamat and hence likely to run foul to the sickular ethos of CON. Is he too signalling a change of color?

He is trying to be too clever, a Congress man can never be trusted. Peaceful folks won’t care and continue with their business as usual. Only Hindus will get excited and will become minority in few decades. Any way it has exemptions for BPL. 95% of “secular” ppl come under BPL.
Clever by half , Toofani lawyer is trying to dilute the original Population control bill to be introduced by BJP.
The clauses like exemption of BPL makes con-gress intentions clear. The BPL are the major contributors to the population growth. Mullah breeds like rabbits irrespective of their socio-economic status.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Sorry for posting undie TV news, but it seems the MP Guv is moving quickly to ensure Kamalanathan is toppled on Monday and Shivarajan can stake claim.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/madhya- ... ay-2195029
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Krita wrote:
R_Kumar wrote: He is trying to be too clever, a Congress man can never be trusted. Peaceful folks won’t care and continue with their business as usual. Only Hindus will get excited and will become minority in few decades. Any way it has exemptions for BPL. 95% of “secular” ppl come under BPL.
Clever by half , Toofani lawyer is trying to dilute the original Population control bill to be introduced by BJP.
The clauses like exemption of BPL makes con-gress intentions clear. The BPL are the major contributors to the population growth. Mullah breeds like rabbits irrespective of their socio-economic status.
This is true. Looking at my own background, all the dharmic classmates of mine from high school have 1 or 2 kids. Peacefool classmates have a minimum of 3 and some have 5.
On our Whatsapp group, they all criticize the Modi government and demand subsidies and other freebies and "benefits". Typical leeches of any country.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cleaning up Mahathir's mess

‘We’ll buy your sugar, please buy our palm oil,’ new PM of Malaysia goes all out to placate India

12 March 2020

In a sign of things to come, India’s exports of sugar to Malaysia so have nearly tripled over the 2019 figure despite it being less than 3 months into 2020. The Muhyiddin government is trying to placate India as Mahathir’s relentless anti-India propaganda resulted in a spat in terms of trade relations wherein India dramatically reduced Malaysia’s palm oil exports.

In the first three months of 2020, Malaysia has imported 324,405 tonnes of sugar from India compared to around 110,000 tonnes in 2019. It is estimated that Malaysia’s raw sugar purchases this year will surpass 400,000 tonnes.

According to Malaysia’s Commodities Minister Mohd Khairuddin Aman Razali, Malaysia has set itself a month’s deadline to resolve the dispute over palm oil. Earlier this month, Malaysia’s Transport Minister Dr Wee Ka Liong said, “Can we just renegotiate? It’s for my country as well as for my people,” Wee told Reuters. “Since we are a new government, let the PM, the new government deal with it. We treasure the friendship with India.”

The Malaysian government by asking its refiners to give preference to India when it comes to the purchase of raw sugar — it is reaching out to India as it strives to hit the reset button.

Globally, the European Union is also planning to phase out palm oil by 2030 as there are growing concerns over its impact on the environment as Malaysia finds itself caught in the crossfire between the US-China trade war as two of its biggest trade partners engage in a tariff war.

Clearly, antagonising India was not wise, and India’s aggressive approach to curb trade had not been anticipated by Malaysia. India’s tactic with Mahathir is turning out to be successful, and will define how India behaves with its detractors in the future.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Pratyush wrote:
chetak wrote:The GoI has reacted quickly.

Having read the directive from IRDA. It is meaningless in context of the current health insurance policy terms and conditions.

It is only there to show that IRDA is seen to be doing something. The existing policy t&c is sufficient as it is for the treatment of illness.
Not useless at all.
Even if existing t&c are sufficient many insurers will deny as a first response, requiring legal recourse to resolve, which most won't do.explicit directive pre-empts this situation and makes it easier for the consumer.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

R_Kumar wrote:

BJP should simply modify the bill as required and reintroduce it. Call it the Singhvi bill on the floor so that it is forever associated with Congress.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

given their "rights" one was wondering when these guys would play this card

Islam does not approve: Four Muslims who returned from Dubai threaten health officials in Karnataka, refuse to undergo Coronavirus test

15 March, 2020

At a time when the entire world is on edge due to coronavirus outbreak, a shocking incident of recklessness has been reported from Bhatkal town of Karnataka where four Muslim youths who had recently returned from Dubai has objected to medical tests claiming that Islam did not permit them to be subjected to medical tests, reports Public TV.

The District administration of Uttara Kannada, Karnataka has been on a high alert ever since the coronavirus outbreak has occurred. They have set up quarantine and medical facilities across the district to check the incoming passengers to make sure that the deadly contagious virus is not spread. The district authorities have also launched a door-to-door campaign to carry out medical checkups to ascertain the impact of the global pandemic.

Similarly, the district officials on Friday attempted to carry out a medical checkup in Muslim-dominated areas of Bhatkal. Four Muslim youths, who had returned to the city from Dubai on Friday, were asked to submit themselves to the medical check-up as a precautionary measure. Earlier, another person who had returned to the city from Bhatkal was suspected to be carrying symptoms.

However, the four Muslim youths threatened the health officials and asked them to return. The Muslim youths objected to carrying out any medical tests citing that Islam does not permit such tests.

The willful negligence by the Muslim youths citing their religion to not permit such medical checkup has now put a lot of other people in the city at risk. The locals are now demanding that the district administration should take them into custody and quarantine them to ascertain whether the four Muslim youths are subjected to the deadly COVID-19.

Meanwhile the Uttara Kannada district officials have also quarantined 14 people belonging to a single-family, who had returned from a religious trip to Mecca and Medina. The family members had travelled to Saudi Arabia with a 76-year-old man who had succumbed to coronavirus last week, becoming the first person in the country to pass away because of the COVID-19.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rahul M wrote:
R_Kumar wrote: He is trying to be too clever, a Congress man can never be trusted. Peaceful folks won’t care and continue with their business as usual. Only Hindus will get excited and will become minority in few decades. Any way it has exemptions for BPL. 95% of “secular” ppl come under BPL.
BJP should simply modify the bill as required and reintroduce it. Call it the Singhvi bill on the floor so that it is forever associated with Congress.
Exactly my thought.

Adopt the bill, modify it and call it an exemplar of legislative co-operation between the ruling and opposition parties. Let CON scream bloody murder after the fact and expose its own game.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1238779172001959937
ANI @ANI

Delhi: Five more people have been arrested in connection with Intelligence Bureau official Ankit Sharma's murder during #Delhiviolence last month. They have been identified as Firoz, Javed, Gulfam, Shoyaib, Anas. One Salman was arrested on Thursday and is in police custody.
https://twitter.com/EconomicTimes/statu ... 8362891264
Economic Times @EconomicTimes

Of the 3,400 people detained or arrested, 60 people have been held under the Arms Act, they said.
Last edited by pankajs on 15 Mar 2020 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

https://www.opindia.com/2020/03/harsh-m ... ssion=true

How Harsh Mander is member of an organisation connected to Italian Govt and Italian Secret Service, helping West achieve foreign policy goals
K Bhattacharjee | 6 March, 2020
We, at OpIndia, have spent a lot of time discussing and reporting on the undue influence that foreign-funded NGOs exert over the institutions of our country and the narratives that drive politics in the media. We have reported extensively on the manner in which foreign-funded NGOs are using the Judiciary in order to meddle the internal affairs of India via elements like Harsh Mander.

We have also explored the manner in which foreign-funded NGOs that receive funds from Western governments seek to meddle with the politics of our country. Furthermore, we have elaborated on the manner in which foreign-funded NGOs are collaborating with domestic organizations that have intimate relationships with internal security threats in order to undermine our country’s sovereignty. In short, we looked into the dark underbelly of ‘civil society’ and found the abyss staring right back at us.

One individual we have focused on greatly is Harsh Mander of the Centre for Equity Studies, a foreign-funded NGO. Apart from being associated with George Soros, Harsh Mander was also a member of Sonia Gandhi’s National Advisory Council which drafted the nauseatingly anti-Hindu Communal Violence Bill. He has also been very active in filing petitions in the Court and has found himself in the heart of the violent protests against the Citizenship Amendment Act.

During our investigation into Harsh Mander’s background, we discovered that he is a senior member of a little known organization called the Ara Pacis Initiative (API), an organization that was unheard of to us until this moment. He is a member of the API’s Council for Dignity, Forgiveness, Justice and Reconciliation. On further investigation, we discovered some startling facts about the nature of this organization that casts Harsh Mander in extremely dangerous light.

The Ara Pacis Initiative

The API was founded by one Maria Nicoletta Gaida, an Italian actress who is unknown to us. But it appears she is quite influential in the circles of power. We were also surprised to learn that Leymah Gbowee, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, is a founding member of the API. However, there were other much more startling details about the organization that raises many eyebrows. As it turns out, the organization appears to be an arm of the State of Italy.

The API’s website states, “The Ara Pacis Initiative was inaugurated on April 21, 2010, by the Mayor of Rome, with the High Patronage of the President of the Republic of Italy and under the auspices of the Office of the Prime Minister of Italy and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.” It further states, “The Latin inscription on the south side of the Monument is the political and philosophical testament of Caesar Augustus, who after having “conquered” peace in the “known world” with weapons, bestows the peace on the people, entrusting them with its safekeeping and encouraging them to believe in the possibility of enduring peace.”

What really caught our attention was not the symbolic connotations of the location and name of the initiative and the invocation of the Pax Romana, of which there are many, but the language used by the organization to describe itself in the first line. API says that it was inaugurated “under the auspices of the Office of the Prime Minister of Italy and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs”. It is the clearest indication of the fact that it is solidly backed by the Italian government and in many ways, is an arm of the Italian Government.

Our suspicion appears to be confirmed by the linked.in profile of Gaida, who also serves as the organization’s president, which describes API as a “global, not for profit organization dedicated to the human dimension of peace”. The word nongovernmental does not find a mention. Furthermore, Gaida’s profile also says, “Since 2011, she has created programs to address issues of acknowledgement, healing, justice and reconciliation in Libya and Syria, with the support of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and has advocated internationally for the rights of victims of rape and sexual violence in conflict and for the right of peaceful civil society to be heard”.

Our doubts were removed once and for all when we came across a Reuters report that described API as “an organization dedicated to conflict prevention and resolution that is backed by the Italian foreign ministry.” Thus, we can say without a doubt that the API is indeed an initiative of the State of Italy. As it turns out, it has worked to achieve Italian state objectives in the recent past.

The Libya Initiative of the API

In 2017, at an event promoted by the API and sponsored by the European Commission, fifteen government and tribal leaders from three bordering countries, Chad, Libya and Niger, at the presence of the then Italian Minister of Interior Marco Minniti, signed a joint statement of concrete cooperation to “support peace, development and security on their borders and beyond, because “there is no peace without security, there is no security without development, and there is no development without peace.” The API report on the matter was headlined “We’ll turn the Sahara from a desert of blood into a garden of peace”.

While API claimed that it was an event to promote peace in the region, Foreign Policy in a report published in January this year stated that in the said summit, efforts to control uninhibited migration from the region in conflict into Italy were discussed. An Italian official in the Italian Foreign Ministry also said that the Italian secret service was also involved in organizing the said summit.

FP further stated in the report, “In her concluding remarks at the 2017 summit, Ara Pacis’s chief, Gaida, asked for the backing of her guests to help them turn the group’s approach—based on linking development to cutting migration and treating it like organized crime and terrorism—into a model for the EU.”

It added, “When Foreign Policy approached her for comment, Gaida denied that migrant centres were ever discussed at the Ara Pacis meeting. She insisted that the summit was a good faith effort to take into consideration “the needs and aspirations of tribal leaders on the borders.” She also questioned the media’s right to publish details regarding the presence of De Caprio at the meeting: “I’m telling you that you can’t. And if you do we’ll just deny that it happened,” she said.”

Sergio De Caprio, known by the public as Capitano Ultimo, has been a legendary figure in Italy since arresting the godfather of the Sicilian mafia Totò Riina in 1993. His exploits inspired novels and a TV series. He was transferred to the Secret Service in 2016-17 as per the FP report. As per the admission on its own website, the API’s Libya Initiative was “supported and funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was held under the patronage of the President of the Libyan National Congress, Mohamed Yousef el-Magariaf.”

Thus, we see that Harsh Mander is a member of an organization that is backed by the Italian Foreign Ministry and hands in gloves with the country’s secret service. Furthermore, the ‘bleeding-heart’ Indian activist who is overzealous in his attempts to restrict Indian action on illegal immigrants has no qualms in being the member of an organization that aids the Italian government in curbing migration from Libya. It does appear hypocritical to say the least. Harsh Mander is not an ordinary member of the organization. He is one of the “major international experts” who “devised and currently teach the Ara Pacis Methodology” as per its website. He is a ‘trainer’ at the organization.

The Syriaza

The API’s website states, “From the 18th of July to the 4th of August, 2015, with funds from the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an intergenerational, interethnic, and interreligious group of 30 Syrians convened in Viterbo, Italy, for phase one of the Syriaza project: capacity building.” Syriaza is, on the face of it, “a Syrian-to-Syrian storytelling, archiving, and dissemination project for peace-building, created by the Rome-based international organization Ara Pacis Initiative and led by Syrian poets, defenders of human dignity and human rights, community leaders, and citizen journalists.”

API claims that the documentation of these narratives will “help relieve trauma, preserve history, support human rights advocacy, foster hope and build a movement for peace and justice in Syria.” “These activities will counter the ideologies of control and violence currently claiming the most media attention focused on the war in Syria, and instead spread a message of unity that demands an end to the conflict and the initiation of processes for reconciliation and peace,” it adds.

In short, through the Syriaza project, the West will continue to exercise control over the narrative of the war in Syria. One of the many partners that the API collaborated with was Radio Rozana. We will look further into this particular project because the USA until Donald Trump was elected President wanted to remove Basshar al-Assad from power and had a huge role to play in the creation of the Syrian Civil War. From the timeline of this project, it is clear that all of this happened under the Obama Presidency.

The Syriaza apparently “gained the interest of Syrian satellite radio, Radio Rozana, which agreed to host a weekly Syriaza corner, reverberating the peaceful voices of Syrians from different backgrounds.” The API claims that Radio Rozana is a ‘Syrian Satellite Radio’ but the reality is a bit different.

Radio Rozana

Radio Rozana is a radio station that was established by Syrian journalists in 2013, two years into the Syrian Civil War. It is funded exclusively by the governments of European nation-states and non-profits that receive or have received funds from the US Government. It is funded by the Canal France International (CFI), a French media support agency funded by France’s foreign ministry and the International Media Support, another organization that receives funding from the governments of Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

Radio Rozana has also received funding from the Reporters Sans Frontieres (Reporters Without Borders, RSF), an organization funded by the US government related to its foreign policy. We again reiterate that the USA has funded the Civil War in Syria. Therefore, all of it needs to be seen in that particular context. Despite the source of the funding, however, Lina Chawaf, programme editor at Radio Rozana, maintained that the radio would remain independent.

“Rozana had no “overseas agenda” or political objective” claimed Chawaf. She told Reuters in 2013, “The priority is to hear the voice of Syrians inside Syria. They are suffering and being killed every day. We want to support them.” In 2014, CFI stated, “From 5 to 15 December, fourteen young field journalists from Syria who work for Radio Rozana will be taking part in a training course focusing on producing news programmes for the radio and the Internet.” The said course was to take place at the Syrian Media Incubator, which CFI opened a few months prior in Turkey. If people are not aware, only recently, Turkey was in serious conflict with Syria which has now been settled.

Thus, we are expected to believe that Radio Rozana which is funded by Western powers that seek to remove Basshar al-Assad from power, whose field journalists were trained in Turkey, another country that Syria is in conflict with and has aired content produced by a project funded by the Italian Foreign Ministry will be ‘politically neutral’ and ‘independent’. We cannot speak for others but we do find it difficult to believe.

This is precisely what RSF asks us to do. In its January 2016 report titled ‘Independent Syrian radio goes on air from Paris’, the RSF states, “With close to 100,000 civilian casualties and over 80 news providers killed over the past two years, Syria’s need for independent, professional journalism has never been greater. Radio Rozana sets out to fill the information gap.”

“In the ongoing Syrian conflict, there is a massive need for independent, professional journalism to keep citizens and refugees informed about political, social and humanitarian developments in the country to contribute to the development of a free and democratic society in Syria,” Chawaf told RFS. “Radio Rozana seeks to meet this need by covering the daily life in the shadow of the conflict by giving a voice to civilians caught in it, and through critical analyses free from political, religious or other types of bias,” she adds.

If any of this was true, why did Radio Rozana agree to air content manufactured by a project funded by the Italian Foreign Ministry? Even so, it needs to be remembered that buzzwords such as ‘development of a free and democratic society in Syria’ hold much different meanings in the Middle East than they do in our country. The USA’s wars in the Middle East that have plunged the region into chaos were cloaked under a noble desire to establish Democracy in the region when, in reality, it was all a ruse to achieve specific geopolitical objectives.

Therefore, when someone like Chawaf whose Radio Rozana is funded by western powers espouses rhetoric that demonstrates a commitment to Democracy, it betrays political biases that favour the Western narrative. In addition to all of this, Chawaf has also claimed that the “Syrian revolution was for freedom of expression” when it was a US-backed uprising against the Assad government. Considering all of this, if Radio Rozana espouses ‘independent journalism’, then there is nothing such as propaganda. According to The Asfari Foundation, Radio Rozana is also supported by George Soros’ Open Society Foundation (OSF).

What all of this means for India

To reiterate, Harsh Mander is a senior member of the Ara Pacis Initiative, an organization backed by the Italian Foreign Ministry that works in tandem with the Italian Secret Service as well. In other words, Harsh Mander is a member of an organization that is an arm of the State of Italy’s Foreign Policy. API is a weapon in the arsenal of the Italian State and Harsh Mander is a member of it. Through the Radio Rozana, we learned that the API also collaborates with propaganda outlets funded by Western Powers, the purpose of which is to create a narrative in order to benefit the foreign policy objectives of the said power.

In India, Harsh Mander and his NGO the Karwan-e-Mohabbat have been very active in the protests against the Citizenship Amendment Act. Harsh Mander spoke on the ‘importance of solidarity’ and “how we can practice civil-disobedience in today’s India”. Karwan-e-Mohabbat urged people to join the protests at Shaheen Bagh. He has landed himself in trouble after a video where he can be seen inciting Muslim mobs against the Indian State and judiciary went viral on social media.

Harsh Mander has been engaging himself in elaborate propaganda to undermine the authority of the Indian State. He has also made several judicial interventions to portray the Indian State in poor light. It is only natural for other countries to foment civil unrest within India because it weakens our country and makes us more vulnerable to foreign exploitation. The Indian Govt certainly has reasons to investigate if Harsh Mander is a tool in the hands of foreign governments who do not wish for India to become truly strong. Because a strong country is much tougher to negotiate with and exploit than a country that is weak, it is in no one’s interest to see the rise of a strong India. All things considered, what we see with foreign-funded NGOs today is merely colonialism under the garb of ‘activism’.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Seems Kamalnath in MP has been asked to conduct a floor test on Monday the 16th i.e. tomorrow. This is going to be ugly.

Confirmed: MP Political Crisis: Kamal Nath Chairs Emergency Meet Ahead Of Floor Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRzQFGFPV30

Further news: 4 Congress MLAs From Gujarat Resign Ahead of Rajya Sabha Polls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75He2FLt0lc
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

New Malay PM seems smart. Putting nations interest ahead of ego and Islamic bravado.
Modi should work with him but only after making a few things perfectly clear.

To start with, "Give us Zakir Naik, then we will buy Palm Oil". :twisted:
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

KJo wrote:
New Malay PM seems smart. Putting nations interest ahead of ego and Islamic bravado.
Modi should work with him but only after making a few things perfectly clear.

They're Tag team.

1st they injured India by siding with Porkistan on UN platform in front of whole world.

2nd Without APOLOGY ON SAME PLATFORM, THEY WANT INDIA TO FORGET AND FORGIVE THE INJURY.

It's a well thought out step by step plan from muslim malaysia...

We must not relent!
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Things aren't black and white.

There is a strong fundamentalist malay-islam lobby which wants to protect Zakir Naik.
Chinese and non muslim Indians are happy to sacrifice Zakir Naik and establish good trade relations with India and don't want to interfere in Kashmir.

The new PM seems to go for a middle ground - no interference in Kashmir or India's internal legislations, and quid pro quo trade deals that would be beneficial to India (earlier Malaysia had a trade surplus with us).

Wonder if we can work out a round about way to get Zakir Naik...send him to Dubai and then deport him to India.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Posting here for more eyes from Wuhan thread:

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO US WILL SOON HAPPEN TO YOU: AN ITALIAN CITIZEN

If you'e still hanging with friends, going to restaurants/bars, and acting like this isn't a big deal, get your shit together.

The following thread is taken from an Italian citizen.

As they put it:

"To the rest of the world, you have no idea what's coming."

MUST READ

As I think everybody knows, Italy is on quarantine because of the coronavirus outbreak.

This situation is bad, but what's worse is seeing the rest of the world behaving as if it isn't going to happen to them.

We know what you're thinking because we were in your place too.

Let's see how things developed...

STAGE 1:

You know that coronavirus exists, and the first cases begin to appear in your country.

Well, nothing to worry about, it's just a bad flu!

I'm not 75+yo so what could possibly happen to me?

STAGE 1 (cont'd):

I'm safe, everybody is overreacting, what's the need to go out with masks and stock toilet paper?

I'm going to live my life as usual, there's no need to freak out.

STAGE 2. The number of cases begins to be significant.

STAGE 2 (cont'd):

They declare "red zone" and quarantine one or two small cities where they found the first cases and a lot of people were infected (Feb 22nd).

Well that's sad and somewhat worrisome but they're taking care of it so nothing to panic about.

STAGE 2 (cont'd):

There are some deaths but they're all old people so the media is just creating panic for views, how shameful.

People lead their life as usual.. I'm not going to stop going out and meeting my friends am I?

It's not going to get me. Everybody's fine here.

STAGE 3:

The number of cases is rapidly going up.

They almost doubled in one day.

There's more deaths.

They declare red zones and quarantine the 4 regions where the majority of cases are registered (March 7).

In Italy 25% of the county is under quarantine.

STAGE 3 (cont'd):

Schools and universities are closed in these areas but bars, work places, restaurants and so on are still open.

The decree gets released by some newspaper before it should...

STAGE 3 (cont'd):

...so around 10k people from the red zone escape from the area that same night to return to their homes in the rest of Italy (this will be important later).

Most of the population of the remaining 75% of Italy still does what it always does.

STAGE 3 (cont'd):

They still don't realize the seriousness of the situation. Everywhere you turn people advise to wash your hands and limit going out, large groups are forbidden, every 5 minutes on TV they remind you of these rules.

But it still hasn't settled in people's mind.

STAGE 4:

The number of cases is heavily increasing.

Schools and universities are closed everywhere for at least a month.

It's a national health emergency.

Hospitals are at capacity, entire units are cleared to make space for coronavirus patients.

STAGE 4 (cont'd):

There aren't enough doctors and nurses.

They're calling retired ones and those in their last 2 years of university.

There's no shifts any more, just work as much as you can.

Of course doctors and nurses are getting infected, spreading it to their families.

STAGE 4 (cont'd):

There's too many cases of pneumonia, too many people who need ICU and not enough places for everyone.

At this point is like being at war: doctors have to choose who to treat based on their survival chance.

STAGE 4 (cont'd):

That means that the elderly and trauma/stroke patients can't get treated because corona cases have priority.

There's not enough resources for everybody so they have to be distributed for best outcome.

I wish I was joking but it's literally what has happened.

STAGE 4 (cont'd):

People have died because there wasn't any more space.

I have a doctor friend who called me devastated because he had to let 3 people die that day.

Nurses crying because they see people dying and can't do anything aside from offering some oxygen.

STAGE 4 (cont'd):

A friend's relative died yesterday of corona because they couldn't treat him.

It's chaos, the system is collapsing.

Coronavirus and the crisis it's provoking is all you hear about everywhere.

STAGE 5:

Remember the 10k idiot who ran from the red zone to the rest of Italy?

Well, the entire country has to be declared under quarantine (March 9).

The goal is to delay the spreading of the virus as much as possible.

STAGE 5 (cont'd):

People can go to work, do grocery shopping, go to the pharmacy, and all businesses are still open because otherwise the economy would collapse (it already is), but you can't move from your commune unless you have a valid reason.

STAGE 5 (cont'd):

Now there's fear, you see a lot of people with masks and gloves around but there are still are people who think that they're invincible, who go to restaurants in large groups, hang out with friends to drink and so on.

Next step.

STAGE 6:

2 days later, it's announced that all (most) businesses are closed: Bars, restaurants, shopping centers, all kinds of shops etc.

Everything except supermarkets and pharmacies.

You can move around only if you have certification with you.

STAGE 6 (cont'd):

The certification is an official document where you declare your name, where you're coming from, where you're going and what for.

There are a lot of police check points.

If you're found outside without a valid reason you risk a fine up to €206.

STAGE 6 (cont'd):

If you're a known positive patient you risk from 1 to 12 years of jail for homicide.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

That's what the situation is like now today as of the March 12th.

Keep in mind that it all happened in around 2 weeks...

5 DAYS FROM STAGE 3 TO TODAY.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

The rest of the world apart from Italy, China and Korea is just now beginning to reach other stages, so let me tell you this:

You have no idea what's coming to get you.

I know because 2 weeks ago I was the one who had no idea and though it wasn't bad.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

But it is.

And not because the virus alone is particularly dangerous or deadly, but for all the consequences it brings.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

It's hard to see all these countries act like it's not coming and not taking the precautions that are necessary for the well-being of its citizens while they still can.

Please if you're reading this try to act in your best interest.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

This problem isn't going to solve itself by ignoring it.

Just wondering how many undiscovered cases there might be in America alone is scary, and they're in for a big, big trouble because of how their country is run.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

Our government for once did a good job I must say.

The actions taken were drastic but necessary, and this may be the only way to limit the spreading.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

It's working in China so we hope it will work here too (it's already working in some of the first red zones which were quarantined before everybody else).

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

They're taking measures to protect us citizens such as probably suspending mortgage payments for next months, help for shop owners who were obligated to close and so on.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

I realize that these takes are really difficult, if not impossible, to take in some countries, and it's really worrying to think about what it could mean in global scale.

I wonder if this pandemic will be a turning point in our society.

FINAL THOUGHTS (cont'd):

If there are cases where you live, then the virus is spreading, and you're maybe 1-2 weeks behind us.

But you'll get to our point eventually.

PLEASE take any precaution you can take.

Don't act like it's not going to get you.

If you can, STAY HOME.

https://twitter.com/JasonYanowitz/statu ... 87296?s=09
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ShekharGupta/status ... 9011587073
Shekhar Gupta @ShekharGupta

Those at Shaheen Bagh or any large protests must go home. This is a national emergency. Last thing you need is large gatherings that endanger your—mostly old— lives & other people’s. If activists/leaders still lean on these people to stay on, they’re cynical in the extreme
Coupta ji acknowledging the fact that Shaheen bagh drama was propped up by "activists/leaders"!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shaeenbagh was by activists backed by political parties.
You will see them paying the price.

Mona Sonia revealed her hand when she said Amit Shah should resign.

MP, RAJ, Maha all will fall.
Insha Ganesha
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

chetak wrote:given their "rights" one was wondering when these guys would play this card

Islam does not approve: Four Muslims who returned from Dubai threaten health officials in Karnataka, refuse to undergo Coronavirus test

15 March, 2020

At a time when the entire world is on edge due to coronavirus outbreak, a shocking incident of recklessness has been reported from Bhatkal town of Karnataka where four Muslim youths who had recently returned from Dubai has objected to medical tests claiming that Islam did not permit them to be subjected to medical tests, reports Public TV.

The District administration of Uttara Kannada, Karnataka has been on a high alert ever since the coronavirus outbreak has occurred. They have set up quarantine and medical facilities across the district to check the incoming passengers to make sure that the deadly contagious virus is not spread. The district authorities have also launched a door-to-door campaign to carry out medical checkups to ascertain the impact of the global pandemic.

Similarly, the district officials on Friday attempted to carry out a medical checkup in Muslim-dominated areas of Bhatkal. Four Muslim youths, who had returned to the city from Dubai on Friday, were asked to submit themselves to the medical check-up as a precautionary measure. Earlier, another person who had returned to the city from Bhatkal was suspected to be carrying symptoms.

However, the four Muslim youths threatened the health officials and asked them to return. The Muslim youths objected to carrying out any medical tests citing that Islam does not permit such tests.

The willful negligence by the Muslim youths citing their religion to not permit such medical checkup has now put a lot of other people in the city at risk. The locals are now demanding that the district administration should take them into custody and quarantine them to ascertain whether the four Muslim youths are subjected to the deadly COVID-19.

Meanwhile the Uttara Kannada district officials have also quarantined 14 people belonging to a single-family, who had returned from a religious trip to Mecca and Medina. The family members had travelled to Saudi Arabia with a 76-year-old man who had succumbed to coronavirus last week, becoming the first person in the country to pass away because of the COVID-19.
The administration should "cull" them in the interest of public
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KJo wrote:
Modi should work with him
but only after making a few things perfectly clear.

taqiya :mrgreen:

It always works with the gullible Hindus

remember how savvy IG gave away 93K POWs instead of kicking ole zulfi in the testimonials
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

chetak wrote:
KJo wrote:
remember how savvy IG gave away 93K POWs instead of kicking ole zulfi in the testimonials

Releasing 93 K Paki POWs was the price Indira Gandhi paid to seep secret the murder of Shastri Ji's by her.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

chetak wrote:
KJo wrote:

taqiya :mrgreen:

It always works with the gullible Hindus

What gullibility do you see in Modi talking to the Malay PM and working out a deal that is advantageous to India?
Taqqiyya works only on stupid and weak people. Modi is not either of those and neither is India itself.

Taqqiyya is overrated. Modi should get the Malay PM on the phone and lay down his conditions if he wants the relationship to move forward. Take it or leave it.

Not sure how the IG comparison is relevant because NM is no IG and doesn't care to virtue-signal to the world.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

SBI plans FIR over leaked clip of FM pulling up brass
NEW DELHI: A day after a controversy erupted over finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman pulling up SBI executives led by chairman Rajneesh Kumar in Guwahati, finance ministry officials on Sunday defended the minister’s impatience, describing it as “ justified and legitimate concern” over the functioning of state and local level bankers.
“She was lamenting the insensitivity of local bank officials and pulled up the officers of the state-level bankers' committee (SLBC). In fact, their insensitive action had deprived almost 8 lakh tea garden workers of accessing their Jan-Dhan bank account dues for more than a year. The poor tea garden workers were unable to get their own DBT benefits withdrawn. They were suffering for no fault of theirs and the local bank officials, despite various attempts by the local and state administration, were not paying any heed to resolve this issue,” a senior officer present at the meeting in Guwahati last month said.
At the meeting, the issue was flagged by the Assam government, led by state finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. He complained that there had been no progress despite several meetings convened by him. Sarma told the Union FM that some of the senior executives did not attend these meetings.
The issue came to light after the All India Bank Officers’ Confederation issued a statement criticising the FM’s comments, only to withdraw it later. After the audio clip started doing the rounds on social media on Saturday, Sarma took to Twitter to say that AIBOC did not understand the context.
In the audio clip, Sitharaman is heard referring to SBI as a “heartless” bank, while telling bankers that their approach was unacceptable. She is heard saying she will approach the RBI to resolve the issue, although it is not her job. “What kind of SLBC is this?... I will speak to the RBI governor today. It is not my business. You should have approached the department and made it talk to RBI and you should have finished it before 24 months were exhausted. I am sorry to sound so harsh. I am not pleased, sir. I am not pleased, chairman SBI, SLBCs don’t function like this.”
She instructed the bankers to start the work while she spoke to RBI and then added: “Nothing makes up for your inefficiency. Let me be blunt on this.”
Sitharaman then demanded a timeline to fix the problem faced by the tea garden workers who could not access their accounts and instructed SBI chief to meet her in Delhi. Describing it as “utter omission of job”, the FM is heard telling the SBI chairman that she holds him “completely responsible for a failure” and would have a “detailed talk”.
The minister then rapped a local executive. “You may be a senior official but I am sorry, you let the government down,” she is heard saying, after which the banker apologised.
At the meeting there were also complaints of the absence of ATMs and branches, which resulted in tea garden workers being unable to access money lying in their accounts.
On Sunday, Sarma seemed to strike a reconciliatory tone. “The government highly values spirited partnership of all banking institutions,” he tweeted.
The 8 lakh accounts were opened by the Assam government in 2017 and an incentive amount of Rs 5,000 was transferred to each account. But due to the “half-hearted approach of local bank officials”, a sizeable section of these tea garden workers were being deprived of their rightful dues, the officer said.
The senior finance ministry official said that Sitharaman had pulled up the local bank executives, including the one who was heading the state level bankers committee for ”being insensitive” to the plight of 8 lakh tea garden workers.
“These local bank officers were giving some lame excuses. The finance minister did not agree to it and asked the issue of these tea garden workers be resolved on urgent basis,” the officer said.