2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by CRamS »

Mollick.R wrote:I'm overwhelmed, the feeling completely over my senses.

Complete Blackout in my area (Southern India), lots of M population also still it happened.

Candles, Diyas, mobile torch lights & some fireworks too

Didn't expected 2nd time in 10 days this much huge response.
Awesome. Indeed your views are echoed by some twitter lines i follow. And I am glad, happy to have been proved wrong.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

While much of the pictures on Twitter is from middle class folks, participation pictures like these even from the poor are the ones which bring a tear in the eye. It demonstrates the respect we have towards people who are fighting Covid in the front lines and also our resolve...

Source: https://twitter.com/ashusinghn/status/1 ... 36/photo/1

Source: https://twitter.com/thiruarangan1/statu ... 25/photo/1

Amazing how much respect is there for NaMo...hopefully, libs have stocked up huge quantities of Burnol 'cause they need it now. Many of these guys went from medical experts to Power distribution experts & tried to scuttle it in the name of grid failure etc.
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

Sachin wrote:
chetak wrote:The kind of shit that goes on in the lootyens driven media and jehadi activists
Ambar wrote:Speaking of BIF, the more i read and hear people like Su Swamy, Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shaurie rant and rave at every action of Modi, the more i am convinced that Modi is way ahead of the curve and did the right thing by keeping these venomous ego maniacs at an arms length away.
Varoon Shekhar wrote:Undermining the government and constantly barking at Modi, is of no use, and actually harmful.
In Muslim majority pockets of Perumbavoor and Aluva, people have majorly participated in this excercise. Quite surprising, since majority bashing and open threats on the Babri masjid demolition day is a favourite sport of mullahs here.
In Dwarka, it was near 100 percent participation with crackers bursted (guess it is from thr diwali stock which could not be used due to SC ban)
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Zynda wrote:While much of the pictures on Twitter is from middle class folks, participation pictures like these even from the poor are the ones which bring a tear in the eye. It demonstrates the respect we have towards people who are fighting Covid in the front lines and also our resolve...

Source: https://twitter.com/ashusinghn/status/1 ... 36/photo/1

Source: https://twitter.com/thiruarangan1/statu ... 25/photo/1

Amazing how much respect is there for NaMo...hopefully, libs have stocked up huge quantities of Burnol 'cause they need it now. Many of these guys went from medical experts to Power distribution experts & tried to scuttle it in the name of grid failure etc.
More than anything, this demonstrates Modi’s revolutionary vision—the poor are human beings, fully capable of making decisions and participating in society as respected citizens doing their duty.

Polar opposite of the default attitude that the poor are a nuisance, or a threat, or helpless creatures to be pitied.

Is it any wonder that the established order is shaken to its core and wants to put an end to Modi at all costs?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Sachin wrote:
chetak wrote:The kind of shit that goes on in the lootyens driven media and jehadi activists
vijayk wrote:After seeing what happened in Nizamuddin and how they behaved with nurses, attacking healthcare workers is eye opening for many telugu friends.
Yagnasri wrote:Entire anti CAA/Shaheenbag and now this infection activities are having a significant impact on the opinions of many mango Hindus.
The Tableegi Jaamat fiasco has actually become a blessing in disguise. Anti-CAA protests etc may have been tolerated by many people because it would not effect them directly. But the possibility of a disease spreading is more close to the heart of every one. And when they hear that the peacefool community has been doing everything to spread the disease; that message will have a much more severe impact. There have been pockets of resistance in Muslim community, especially during vaccination drives etc. (as what happend in Kerala). But COVID-19 being a pan India threat the current behaviour from the community will put every sensible person on alert. The 'secular & liberal' establishment will not be able to change the mind set with their rhetoric, mainly because health & well being is very close to every person's heart (when compared to say national boundaries or national pride).
Ambar wrote:Speaking of BIF, the more i read and hear people like Su Swamy, Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shaurie rant and rave at every action of Modi, the more i am convinced that Modi is way ahead of the curve and did the right thing by keeping these venomous ego maniacs at an arms length away.
Varoon Shekhar wrote:Undermining the government and constantly barking at Modi, is of no use, and actually harmful.
Mollick.R wrote:Candles, Diyas, mobile torch lights & some fireworks too
From what I could make out Modi (and the BJP/RSS) have now clearly identified their true voters & followers. Exercises like what happened today would perhaps only help them fine tune their numbers. Today's lamp lighting gesture clearly proves that Modi does have a lot of respect among the people, and his actions are trusted by them. In the place where I live, I don't think there are many true blue BJP chaps (the MLA & MP are from Congress), and I was skeptic about the event. But lo and behold sharp at 2100Hrs the entire street went dark and from each home there was a single lamp lighted & placed outside. And this was done with no prodding or some one walking the streets and asking people to follow the PM. Modi seems to have understood the average Indian in a much better fashion (including their like to trust good leaders and also the religious bent which every one seems to have). The nay sayer group who worried about power grids coming crashing or electric circuits tripping seems to be clueless on the people's mindset as well as on how power grids work :lol:. And the whole rumour of "the power grids would collapse" was a cheap attempt to scuttle the program.
Many people in AP who had a lot of disdain for Modi because of TDP lies or AP split have become ardent supporters of Modi on how patriotic he is. Lot of liberaandus or commie/congi morons are not getting it. Everyone is lighting lamps. Women are supporting it big time. Hindus who never bothered about islamists are worried
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

i lit diya outside my cave. people nearby also lit their own. some burst crackers too. I am not talking about some city. it's village. and then I saw pictures of poor people lighting diyas. felt something very overwhelming. still feeling it. the very essence of our civilization at full display.

this is the rastra our ancestors and gurus cultivated with their sweat and blood. this moment alone worth million modern lives we are living now. really don't care about virus at this moment. an arya doesn't fear death anyway. let maa bhavani worry about these things. life is for living on this soil to our fullest potential.

want to write more, but really don't want to embarrass myself further with too many feelz. what a night. .
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Were the street lights out too? If so, I hope one of the numerous satellites would have taken a picture of India at that time, in the night.
Even with street lights on, a space photo should show some difference for tonght vs. other nights.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

Zynda wrote:While much of the pictures on Twitter is from middle class folks, participation pictures like these even from the poor are the ones which bring a tear in the eye. It demonstrates the respect we have towards people who are fighting Covid in the front lines and also our resolve...

Sir , here in the report below full of lawyers explaining electricity distribution system !! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/compa ... 04731.html
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Reposting it here since this is truely strategic in nature.

https://twitter.com/RajKSinghIndia/stat ... 12736?s=20
The demand went down from 117300 Megawatts at 2049 hrs to 85300 Megawatts till 2109 hrs; that is a reduction of 32000 Megawatts. Then it started increasing. Frequency was maintained within a band of 49.7 to 50. 26 Hz, which means the voltage was kept stable.
The above was Tweeted by

Code: Select all

Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy, MOS in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, GOI. Office: @OfficeOfRKSingh
It can not be more official than this.

Our power grid consumption in normal times are 270+ GW. The system working at 117 GW is operating at roughly 43% capacity.

Even at this level, it could go down to 31% i.e. a drop of staggering 28%

Please tell me a single system any one of you have designed/created/operated that is capable of handling such fluctuations within matter of 10/15 minutes.

This is a bloody 28% drop on a system already running at 43% capacity!!!
Beyond any back of the envelop calculations thrown around for switching off light bulbs!!!! Yeah, right! 2-3% indeed!!!

As I said, it was really a stress test of the system; and a pretty brutal one.

The close involvement of the minister himself is the proof that there were a deeper agenda behind this.

And the communication from the minister himself publicly on Twitter with this result also is part of our strategic deterrent communication.

Kind of like Vajpayee declaration of laughing Buddha,

We are declaring to the whole world the capacity and capabilities of our power distribution infra and its resilience

That our power infra, even when running below 50% capacity, can still handle a further 28% drop in demand without any glitch.

Any nation trying to go against us have to be ready to handle an adversary of this caliber. Our essential infrastructures can take a lot of damage and still remain standing to dash out retribution. We are not as weak as some of the OECD nations try to project.

Last time, when the US and Russia were busy with Cuban missile crisis , our northern neighbor took advantage.

Now,when the world is down with corona, they better not try another with a Doklam type instigation.

From that perspective, the above tweet is as significant as the news of laughing Buddha, Agni 5 and ASAT tests and Arihant going operational petrol.

Not getting this and restricting this to petty politics is not really the caliber of BRF.
Picklu wrote:I have a gut feeling that this is also a calculated risk taken by the govt to stress test our power distribution infrastructure using this Corona opportunity of lower usage due to industrial shutdowns. Such opportunities do not come every day.

Every modern day corporate does this using "chaos monkey"/"simian army"/"DR and BCP drill"/"Penetration testing".

We did such a stress test for our finance and accounting infra via demonitization.

Corona is already doing such a test of our public health infra.

We have done a test of our public communication effectiveness test via previous "clap for 5 mins" exercise.

Now, we will test our power grid stress test.

Will there be issues? Off course, the whole point is to find the weak links in the chains.

But, we will come out "Anti Fragile" from each of these tests, to use the term coined by Taleb.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

I'm getting tired of posting the sh*t from pieces of shi* like Rana Ayuub and Barkha but here is goes again.

==link snipped==
Today's @CNN show by @FareedZakaria: disgusting sellout by
@BDUTT! 100%y one-sided anti-India! No opposing view brought.
- India has worst public health system in the world
- @narendramodi decisions causing havoc
- Made fun of the 9 min lighting lamps
- Defended Delhi mosque
For those who want to watch the puke worthy piece on CNN here is the direct link:

==link snipped==
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Don't worry, less than 1% of Indians care about what the likes of Burqa / Rajdeep / Sagarika etc have to say. And i'm confident less than 0.01% of Americans care about India's healthcare system or its actions to fight the pandemic. Net net no one gives a rats arse about these talking heads and their echo chambers. What every nationalist needs to do is create accounts on Twitter and Instagram and counter their arguments, the social media is their last fortress.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

From the numbers if we assume 180w consumption per household for lighting assuming LED, 32 GW, simple division yields 17.7 crore homes that followed our leader Namo. All ye Twitter liberandus take note of this number. If you assume 4 people/household that in itself turns out to be 70 crore of the 130 crore population can imagine the amount of burnol needed
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

If you carefully parse Burqa Bibi, Rana Ayyub, ADhothi's rants in western white media, the themes they have chosen: 'callousness towards poor' (Burqa), "Hindu fascists" (all 3) is to basically pick on those themes that are music to white ears. So its all about them.

I mean that Uncle Tom Zakaraiah who is otherwise meticulous when it comes to western countries could have easily asked Burqa as to what other choice did ModiJi have? And note Burqa is lying through her teeth. There have been a number of financial measures that have been announced to help Indians as a whole and those migrant laborers.

This crap about "it could have been planned better". Give me break. He was up against a time bomb, and delaying lock down any further would have mean many more 1000s of infections, and the cost of that would have been catastrophic.

In the end, like any issues, its about ideology. Those of us who have faith in ModiJi and believe in him and his self less service to the nation cut him some slack on painful decisions. Those who hate him, those who hate Hindus, those who look at India as diseased patients as whites do, for them, they can pick and chose any filth and pitfall that always exists in India. And sepoy slaves and Jihadis and bigots like Burqa, Roy, Ayyub are only making hay while the sun shines.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

suryag wrote:From the numbers if we assume 180w consumption per household for lighting assuming LED, 32 GW, simple division yields 17.7 crore homes that followed our leader Namo. All ye Twitter liberandus take note of this number. If you assume 4 people/household that in itself turns out to be 70 crore of the 130 crore population can imagine the amount of burnol needed
Take note it isn't just lights, but other devices and appliances were most likely shut off during this period as people came to their doors, porches and balconies. There are at least 250 million (25 crore) households in India. Some with pucca houses and those who are without.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

vimal wrote:For those who want to watch the puke worthy piece on CNN here is the direct link:

==link snipped==
Curious as to what provides the ratings for something like this. President Trump in on TV every other day from the White House telling Americans that CNN is a fake news outlet.

What audience is this intended for then? Democrats? Pakistanis? Students at "South Asia" programs?
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ Burkha's ISI handlers for sure. Same goes for that Ayyub shi*.

She was actively involved with Khujiwal for creating a mass migrant exodus in Delhi and now shamelessly lies to pin the blame on Modi.
I'm more than convinced that there was a hand of Congress, Khujliwal and people like Barkha to create a photo-op moment to show Modi in bad light.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Mostly Donkeystanis and the gullible in big metros in the US.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

I strictly removed CNN from my viewing, as far back as 2005, and barely watched it even before then. After a while, the garbage reaches a threshold, and something inside tells you enough is enough. In view of these recent 'items', with Zakaria, Dutt et al, I trust my instincts were absolutely right! I also recently added Ny Times, WP, BBC, Frontline and Rediff to the personally banned list. They went a little too far, too often.
pandyan
BRFite

Post by pandyan »

vimal wrote:I'm getting tired of posting the sh*t from pieces of shi* like Rana Ayuub and Barkha but here is goes again.

==link snipped==
Today's @CNN show by @FareedZakaria: disgusting sellout by
@BDUTT! 100%y one-sided anti-India! No opposing view brought.
- India has worst public health system in the world
- @narendramodi decisions causing havoc
- Made fun of the 9 min lighting lamps
- Defended Delhi mosque
For those who want to watch the puke worthy piece on CNN here is the direct link:

==link snipped==
They are coolies. J Gopikrishnan mentioned the going rate per article is around 1500 USD along with free publicity and other opportunities. The question is who are the backers and what are they trying to achieve
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

$1500 is quite low for regular hit pieces to occupy these fish wrap publications. I was thinking somewhere over $5K, but less than $10K depending on how lengthy the article is.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

+1.

Time was a decade plus ago when it bothered moi what western press was writing about India.

Back then it may even have impacted $$$ flow via FDI, FIIs, tourism, export orders etc.

Now? ppfff.

Western media has subzero cred, and even lower street cred. Only.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

So who are mahatmas here? Did they even bother to ask the nations which banned the TJ and why it was banned? No question on their reported involvement in terror attacks. No question of how come foreigners are sent to hide all over India? Why police are being attacked? Why their boss is missing now? No hard questions at all. As expected of a rag sheet.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Several news outlets reporting that the RoP corona hotspot in Delhi will be demolished...apparently the whole structure is illegal.

So the 'markats' have been smoked out and the markat nivas will also be razed....
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

pandyan wrote:
vimal wrote:I'm getting tired of posting the sh*t from pieces of shi* like Rana Ayuub and Barkha but here is goes again.

==link snipped==

==link snipped==
They are coolies. J Gopikrishnan mentioned the going rate per article is around 1500 USD along with free publicity and other opportunities. The question is who are the backers and what are they trying to achieve
I suggest that links to articles almost all of us find offensive, not be posted. It just gives them more publicity.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Talking off coolies ...

I have a few classmates, close buddies in fact.
KV educated, fauji kids, now settled in US and Canada. Very well off.

But when I talk to these guys, seems like they stuck in a time warp.

The amount of disdain and condescending they have for anything desi is astounding.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

This lady has got serious (sarcastic :rotfl:) writing skills and beaten the liberandus red and blue in their own game...........

Suggesting all here to read it for a good laugh and do spread her good work among the circle

https://twitter.com/SumonaChakrabo8/sta ... 9983948802
Sumona Chakraborty
@SumonaChakrabo8
Stories ready to be published.

1.Huge fires caused by burning candles
2. Power Grid fails in Hakuna Matata
3. Poor Dalit/Muslim beaten for not switching off lights
4. ABVP forcible switches of light in Hostel. A woman is injured.
5. Patient dies because Doctor was burning candles

6. A person attacked in darkness caused by switched light
7. Government forces light cut
8. Candle burn causes suicide

9. Hindutva goons sing Jai Shree Ram to torture Minorities during candle burning.
10. A Poor Kid beaten for not burning candle
11. Candle Burns a poor labour’s Jhuggi
12. Robbers rob a house of BJP supporter during Darkness
13. Woman molested in Dark during Candle light

14. Birds leave city due to flames from candle
15. Candle burning can cause cancer : Experts
16. Exposing young Children to candles is dangerous : Experts
17. Candles cannot kill corona
18. Person looses eyesight due to candle
19. Robbers wait for lights to turn off to rob

20. Lights forcible cut in Minority areas in UP under Yogi
21. Murder during light cut
22. Person dies due to high voltage caused by Light switching off
23. High frequency burns grid in multiple places
24. Grid failure (regular load shedding) across nation.

25. Big security threat caused by Light switching off
26. Riots due to Light cut
27. Hospitals see voltage shock during light cuts
28. Emergency services fail for 9 minutes

29. How these sheros saved power grid by switching extra lights. They cost of electricity would crush them but that didn’t stop them.

30. How lives of poor Electricity board workers was put in Danger by PM’s call to switch off lights. How they worked under Rain, lightening, flood, hail, snow, cyclone, tsunami etc., to keep the essential services running.

31. Is India Moving back to Evil cult rituals by Burning lights at an ‘auspicious’ hour of day.
32. Why Upper caste Manuvadi Aryans pushing their fire worship Rituals on Moolniwasis ?

33. What message does the candle burning sends to Dalits who were once banned from Fire Rituals.

Excerpt.
“No ritual was ever done by PM for integrating us With society. If they can burn a candle for Corona, why can’t they eat with us. Are we lower than Corona.” -The Hindu

34. How Fire ritual is essential part of Celebration by Aryan Invaders for Victory over natives.

35. Despite 150 years of ban on Sati, the fire ritual is still the symbol of Brahmanical Patriarchy.

Excerpt
“Fire was once a proof of woman’s chastity which even one of the most revered Goddess Sita couldn’t save herself http://from.It took lives of millions of widows”

36. How Modi is Increasingly taking India to dark ages.

37. By promoting hindu Cult practices, is Modi elevating himself to a Deity ?

38. How this electricity cut may be an economic cumpulsion.

Excerpt
“Slowing economy with Poor electricity board and high consumption of electricity may result in large scale bankruptcy. Is this a test case for an upcoming large scale power cut“

-The Yindoo

39. Mission PoK behind Candle light show ?

Excerpt..
“During previous wars with Pakistan, electricity cuts were done over major cities. Can this be a test case for upcoming war with Pakistan. As a Kid Modi may have experienced it “

-Jordindian Express

40. Taking advantage of Dark, Semen filled balloons thrown at Minority women.

- Andhi TV

41. Lockdown plus No light. Is Modi government pushing the people into Slowdown Mentality since the slowdown cannot be manipulated anymore ?

42. Mughals, despised by BJP supporters, brought the Candles they are using for their Propaganda.

43. Much before Modi, ShahJahan started the tradition of Lights at Night in India.

“Shahjahan, a hated figure in Hindutva circles, started the festival of lights in India “

- The Tyre

44. Modi copies Nehru again. Candle Lights were Lit at the night of 14th august when India got its freedom.

-Chuha

45. Modi’s naked Show of Popularity signals bad days for minority.
Excerpt..
“ On his one call millions of Indian banged utensils few days ago. But not content with this, he has again urged them to light candles. If successful, this would be first times since Hitler someone is..”

46. Modi’s call to light candles brings back memories of burning Gujarat.

-Kana

47. Can candles burn problems of Youth in India ? Can it feed poor ? Can it give employment ? Can it solve NPA ? Can it Help Dalits ? Can it help Minorities? Can it save corona patients ? Can it buy ventilators ? Can it stop riots ? Can it stop Lynchings ?

48. India’s Modi threatens Muslims with Fire consequences.

49. Modi looking to burn away corona.

-Asslan

50. 100 people died while India was burning candles.

Due to lack of PPE, many are under risk of corona while government is busy with another spectacle.

51. Millions of candles burned away in spectacle creating scarcity for poor students during exam times.

- Suhasini

PDF of whole thread is here

https://pdfhost.io/v/va8KjI6UR_Thread_b ... hedpdf.pdf

Please do share the good work of this lady........
She deserves appreciation and publicity.
Cheers....
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I just lost it at #44. -Chuha :lol:

Wow, she is already shadow banned. No amount of searching by her id will return results on twitter.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Rahul M wrote:I just lost it at #44. -Chuha :lol:

Wow, she is already shadow banned. No amount of searching by her id will return results on twitter.
what is Chuha? which newspaper?
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

vijayk wrote:

what is Chuha? which newspaper?
Not sure, but I think it refers to Guha, i.e. Ramachandra Guha.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys anybody following the twitter line of Abhijit Iyer Mitra? I used to like him when he was a serious commentator on Rafale taking on the likes of ex army colonel but now part of BIF brigade Ajay Shukla. But of late he is truning to be more of a clown than anything esle. He is a vociferous critique of ModiJI, he is given space in that slime ball Dhuppata's rage. And I know what he wanted ModiJi to do because he has all but declared ModiJi's lock down policies as a failure nothing more than rhetoric and he says India is "cursed" to have a bad PM.

https://twitter.com/Iyervval/status/1247038277351161856
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Candles were lit in 1947 because we did not have electricity then. How moronic is this Guha or Chuha or suver?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Who is this Sumona Chakravorthy? That was a sarcastic post. This appears to be her article.
How the Lutyens' media would have spun the 9 Baje 9 Minute Initiative
Link
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

vera_k wrote:
vimal wrote:For those who want to watch the puke worthy piece on CNN here is the direct link:

==link snipped==
Curious as to what provides the ratings for something like this. President Trump in on TV every other day from the White House telling Americans that CNN is a fake news outlet.

What audience is this intended for then? Democrats? Pakistanis? Students at "South Asia" programs?
The audience is the majority of educated Indians and NRIs (more the latter than the former), who are otherwise-disengaged and just take "authorities" like NYT, WaPO, BBC etc at face value by default. As a consequence, there is a massive "goodwill deficit" on the part of this segment of Indians towards Modi and the Indian government. Does this "goodwill deficit" translate into actual, concrete, harm to India? I believe it does, though I am unclear as to the exact detailed mechanism, other than things like reduced investment, negativity towards India in international relations, default promotion of christian evangelism in India etc, all well-known things here. I would like to understand it in finer detail, but I don't at the moment. One thing is for sure, the "goodwill deficit" doesn't help India at all, which means opportunity costs and slowdown in development and strengthening.

So, I would absolutely not dismiss the BIF as inconsequential yappers. They have the intent and goal to do harm to India, which means that they do, and will do, harm. When we say it is only 0.01 % or whatever, and hence inconsequential, what we really mean is that we think that India is strong enough and resilient enough to absorb the cost these forces impose on India. I would remind ourselves that, this was the case with the Roman Empire also, under various "inconsequential" barbarian pinprick attacks, until the day came that it wasn't inconsequential any more.

BIF have intent to destroy India, and have all the patience in the world, patience that spans generations if needed. Smugness and complacency in the face of these forces will be our civilization's undoing.
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

I was commenting that this was going to be great stress test to my wife just yesterday. Thanks for the numbers. This is most excellent news. A lot of nations would have been brought to their knees with such a drop.
Picklu wrote:Reposting it here since this is truely strategic in nature.

https://twitter.com/RajKSinghIndia/stat ... 12736?s=20
The demand went down from 117300 Megawatts at 2049 hrs to 85300 Megawatts till 2109 hrs; that is a reduction of 32000 Megawatts. Then it started increasing. Frequency was maintained within a band of 49.7 to 50. 26 Hz, which means the voltage was kept stable.
The above was Tweeted by

Code: Select all

Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy, MOS in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, GOI. Office: @OfficeOfRKSingh
It can not be more official than this.

Our power grid consumption in normal times are 270+ GW. The system working at 117 GW is operating at roughly 43% capacity.

Even at this level, it could go down to 31% i.e. a drop of staggering 28%

Please tell me a single system any one of you have designed/created/operated that is capable of handling such fluctuations within matter of 10/15 minutes.

This is a bloody 28% drop on a system already running at 43% capacity!!!
Beyond any back of the envelop calculations thrown around for switching off light bulbs!!!! Yeah, right! 2-3% indeed!!!

As I said, it was really a stress test of the system; and a pretty brutal one.

The close involvement of the minister himself is the proof that there were a deeper agenda behind this.

And the communication from the minister himself publicly on Twitter with this result also is part of our strategic deterrent communication.

Kind of like Vajpayee declaration of laughing Buddha,

We are declaring to the whole world the capacity and capabilities of our power distribution infra and its resilience

That our power infra, even when running below 50% capacity, can still handle a further 28% drop in demand without any glitch.

Any nation trying to go against us have to be ready to handle an adversary of this caliber. Our essential infrastructures can take a lot of damage and still remain standing to dash out retribution. We are not as weak as some of the OECD nations try to project.

Last time, when the US and Russia were busy with Cuban missile crisis , our northern neighbor took advantage.

Now,when the world is down with corona, they better not try another with a Doklam type instigation.

From that perspective, the above tweet is as significant as the news of laughing Buddha, Agni 5 and ASAT tests and Arihant going operational petrol.

Not getting this and restricting this to petty politics is not really the caliber of BRF.
Picklu wrote:I have a gut feeling that this is also a calculated risk taken by the govt to stress test our power distribution infrastructure using this Corona opportunity of lower usage due to industrial shutdowns. Such opportunities do not come every day.

Every modern day corporate does this using "chaos monkey"/"simian army"/"DR and BCP drill"/"Penetration testing".

We did such a stress test for our finance and accounting infra via demonitization.

Corona is already doing such a test of our public health infra.

We have done a test of our public communication effectiveness test via previous "clap for 5 mins" exercise.

Now, we will test our power grid stress test.

Will there be issues? Off course, the whole point is to find the weak links in the chains.

But, we will come out "Anti Fragile" from each of these tests, to use the term coined by Taleb.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

SRoy wrote:Talking off coolies ...

I have a few classmates, close buddies in fact.
KV educated, fauji kids, now settled in US and Canada. Very well off.

But when I talk to these guys, seems like they stuck in a time warp.

The amount of disdain and condescending they have for anything desi is astounding.
The "stuck in a time warp" description is not entirely accurate IMO.

They live and prosper very much in the present time, by definition. They probably apply their minds quite well to their day jobs and become successful at them. They just don't do that when it comes to India.

Most people don't spend time thinking about India-related matters on their own from first principles, let alone go on BRF to engage with good brains on the topic. Why should they, when there is great danger that they may have to encounter brains that are superior to their own, when the whole point of life is to feel that you are superior to everyone else around you?

They just earn money and use it to consume "brand name" goods and services. This is the reason why they strive for upward mobility in India or move to khan-land for opportunity. They left India (whether they live in India or abroad) precisely so that they can feel disdain and condescension towards India, and validate that feeling.

NYT, Economist, BBC etc. are like buying a Gucci bag or BMW or striving to send their kid to Yale or Harvard. Those things may or may not have good functionality, or they could get better functionality for less cost if they let go of the brand. But the whole point of there being a brand is to make people unquestioningly buy the product based on the brand alone, and feeling a sense of accomplishment and status by making the purchase.

Also, I request that you don't show disdain towards real coolies who work for a living and are largely decent, humble and unpretentious.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KLN Murthy wrote:They just earn money and use it to consume "brand name" goods and services. This is the reason why they strive for upward mobility in India or move to khan-land for opportunity. They left India (whether they live in India or abroad) precisely so that they can feel disdain and condescension towards India, and validate that feeling.
This is so true for a segment of folks and explains why those same individuals take so much glee in running down India and quoting the NYT, Economist etc. Its signalling that they are not like those people back there (primitive country) but are first world citizens. Most of the coconuts who write for the NYT, Economist, WaPo are similar. They want a primitive India so that they can show off in front of it. If India is not primitive, they will still do their best to pretend it is, just to get a few bones thrown their way.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Karan M wrote:
KLN Murthy wrote:They just earn money and use it to consume "brand name" goods and services. This is the reason why they strive for upward mobility in India or move to khan-land for opportunity. They left India (whether they live in India or abroad) precisely so that they can feel disdain and condescension towards India, and validate that feeling.
This is so true for a segment of folks and explains why those same individuals take so much glee in running down India and quoting the NYT, Economist etc. Its signalling that they are not like those people back there (primitive country) but are first world citizens. Most of the coconuts who write for the NYT, Economist, WaPo are similar. They want a primitive India so that they can show off in front of it. If India is not primitive, they will still do their best to pretend it is, just to get a few bones thrown their way.

There are people who receive “bones” for their writing and there is a vastly larger population of successful professionals etc. who don’t require any bones but feed psychologically on the disdain for India that is dished out by the bone-eaters.

It is very hard to make these consumers “see the light “ as they are, to all intents and purposes, addicted to the running-down of India tripe they consume, and like all addicts, they can’t even admit to their addiction, let alone overcome it. Statistically very few addicts manage to overcome their addiction.

Maybe the most we can do is to avoid being “co-dependents” of their addiction—giving their addicted behavior a pass under the guise of maintaining good relations or whatever, and instead do them a favor by calling out their bullshit.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

KLNMurthy wrote:BIF have intent to destroy India, and have all the patience in the world, patience that spans generations if needed. Smugness and complacency in the face of these forces will be our civilization's undoing.
It’s a matter of consistency of time placing a cost on such actions . The Chinese do this to an almost caricatured extent - anything unflattering means a publication is banned or their reporters booted . Doesn’t matter what . Something is always going to happen .

The same is our goal . Any such posting should have a visible cost to the agency or entity in question . By imposing a cost repeatedly, they have the instinctive though ‘wait if I go thru with this, that India correspondent will be kicked out and I have to invest in another. Is that much $$ worth my time ? Hmm’

I wonder how someone like Dalrymple gets to live in India repeatedly renewing visas, owning property and more, while doing what he does . Shame if something came of his cushy imperial lifestyle . What exactly entitles him to spend 2-3 decades continuously in India as a UK national ? Serious poonch onlee.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Suraj wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:BIF have intent to destroy India, and have all the patience in the world, patience that spans generations if needed. Smugness and complacency in the face of these forces will be our civilization's undoing.
It’s a matter of consistency of time placing a cost on such actions . The Chinese do this to an almost caricatured extent - anything unflattering means a publication is banned or their reporters booted . Doesn’t matter what . Something is always going to happen .

The same is our goal . Any such posting should have a visible cost to the agency or entity in question . By imposing a cost repeatedly, they have the instinctive though ‘wait if I go thru with this, that India correspondent will be kicked out and I have to invest in another. Is that much $$ worth my time ? Hmm’

I wonder how someone like Dalrymple gets to live in India repeatedly renewing visas, owning property and more, while doing what he does . Shame if something came of his cushy imperial lifestyle . What exactly entitles him to spend 2-3 decades continuously in India as a UK national ? Serious poonch onlee.
Long term Visa by Congoons. It will not surprise me if he had gotten OCI proving that his ancestors were Mughala. (Check his book white mughals)