2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Karan M »

Seriously - the news agency had heard of BRF? Thats interesting.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Swarajya, WION are the only two _quality_ options that have emerged with an Indic perspective do far in print and TV media in English language. No English language newspaperss at that level yet.

Still civil service candidates need to subscribe to Hindu to clear it. The language, and supposed quality (even if biased) of editorials in other newspapers is far less than Hindu.

Govt should incentivise Indic media with ample advertisements and subscriptions in all govt institutions and libraries. Now is the time to buy out one of these stuggling newspapers and magazines in English and Hindi and invest in building a quality news and editorial team. Play for the long term. Just Indic bent isn't enough if there is no quality. It takes time and dedication to build quality and reputation.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

WION by the way has overtaken Paki UndieTV to make it to top 5 English News channels in India. 3 out of top 5 are pro-nationalist or neutral channels now - Republic, Times Now and WION. WION if i'm not mistaken is Zee tv backed.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Karan M wrote:Seriously - the news agency had heard of BRF? Thats interesting.
No kidding. A biggie and they still exist..you probably watch or read them on a daily basis.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

WION is backed by Zee TV but there is a "deep" and strategic backing to WION beyond Zee TV. WION is the only news outlet that is setting up itself to be a global news channel from India similar to what other countries have such as Al Jazeera (Qatar), RT (Russia) or BBC (UK). It needs to be widely adopted by NRIs in their host countries for them to be able to sustainably enrich their programs in non Indian countries.

WION has to become top 3 in India and top 5 in South Asia and top source for other countries for any news related to the sub continent, the way Al Jazeera is looked at for news related to Middle east.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/hci_seychelles/stat ... 4088273920
India in Seychelles @hci_seychelles

The @airindiain flight carrying 4 tonnes of medical items being gifted to #Seychelles lands at Victoria Airport. #FightCovid19

#IndiaSeychelles @narendramodi
@MEAIndia
@dpa_mea
@SeychellesDFA
@SeyNewsAgency
@IndianDiplomacy
nitinb
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinb »

Karan M wrote:
nitinbhasin02 wrote:
I have a different POV on this. Having lurked here for over a decade and attended the BRF Delhi meet, my humble 2 cents to the Gurus.

While I agree the barriers to entry in the profession are not as high as compared to other professions but there are institutes such as IIMC etc where entry is given on competitive merit and students are given in-ground and on-job training. Basis my experience with engaging with them - found most of them to be very intelligent, subject-matter experts and passionate. The regular folk is just like what you would find in any other profession.
These so called meritorious students must have all left journalism then. Just take a look at any news channel and point to the number of stories or topics they talk about that they really know.

What subject matter expertise do they really possess? Of what use is the passion or intelligence if they spend most of it in trying to run down Indian interests? In India and abroad? Most act like willing subversives who are addicted to a particular thought process.
Being thankful to BR to have helped shaped my views. Similarly, want to share a perspective for the lurkers like me and senior members, some of who may agree.

At the outset, this in no way disagrees with your root point - national interests but brings forward some nuances.

The argument would see this from the prism of

1. Journalism is a wide landscape and how the people are giving yeoman service against the stacked odds
2. Consumer dynamics and cycle

There are various beats in the media. To enumerate – Politics, Defense, City reporting, Crime, FMCG, Features, Entertainment, Business, Health, Technology, Finance, Advertising & Marketing(A&M), HR, Ministries – Power, Roads & Highways, Shipping, Agriculture, Automobiles & so on.

The proportion of stories discussed (read here) are mostly on Politics and Defense. Going beyond that, to exemplify the City reporters bring to us the stories of our city, infrastructure etc. Recently, many journalists faced the mob and were attacked while covering the protests to bring to us the on-ground situation, be it in Delhi or elsewhere in the country. It’s a fact that many journalists are still killed or hurt in India while trying to cover or uncover the stories.

Beyond metros, imagine a regional journalist’s life who toils in the sun on a bike to report and sustain the extended family on a meager income. These regional journalists bring out those potent heartwarming stories & sometimes Headlines :lol: (Seeds, Cows, Crimes) from the hinterland which have not only elements of irony, pain, progress but also reflects realities in a creative relatable way.

Moving ahead, a lot of people read reviews before buying a mobile phone or a car. Some of us read the business stories before joining a new company. Many of us want to have entertainment (Bollywood, Sonu ki Smile, Insta Challenge). Some people bring out the sustainability or innovation stories (Padman etc). For all their story telling efforts, they are certainly experts in the content they create and would have helped few people take intelligent decisions. Overall, all these regular people are not inimical to Indian interests.

Now coming to the point of News channels and other people, I agree with you POV. Here I feel, as most of these are commercial entities - TRP’s to some extent and platform’s profitability can determine the angle. Consumers demand can determine their survival. Furthermore, different people have different news consumption preferences as it reflects their views as well. On changing the thought process - my learning on BR platform has been that some evil is required for good to exist and justify its actions. I wouldn’t be praying to convert all subversives but see them being weakened by stronger narratives built by careful analysis of their viewpoints.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Out people, GOI and outside, don't realize words have meaning and not to add unnecessary words to public communication at such times as present.

https://twitter.com/AmanKayamHai_ET/sta ... 9844725763
Aman Sharma @AmanKayamHai_ET

How India evolved world’s largest smart lockdown model by consultation, calibration & co-operative federalism effort led from PMO. The plan was in works for 10 days & ensures some activity starts with minimal impact on India's fight against Covid
The usage of the words "world's largest" and "smart" was unnecessary right in the middle of a pandemic response. They could have been left for after things have normalized. There are situations were PR should be kept at a minimum rather the focus should be on the job at hand.

Similarly, a few days back, when the first death occurred in Dharavi, one english TV was big on "world's largest slum Dharavi" instead of just "Dharavi". "world's largest slum" is not something to be proud of even if it a reality. "world's largest" is not always a compliment unless you get high on dissing the country.

Our people don't have much sense what to focus and what to unfocus.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Yesterdin ..
https://twitter.com/ShivAroor/status/12 ... 3555660800
Shiv Aroor @ShivAroor

Horrifying Corona-rioting in Moradabad, UP. Doctors, ambulance staff left bleeding, vehicles smashed by stone-pelters. Violence because healthcare workers had arrived to transfer a #Covid19 suspect to isolation. Shameful. My top story @ 5pm.
Bleak situation when health workers are attacked ...

However, there is a silver lining in all of this. The GOI is getting a taste of what it is up against when it goes out for NPR/Census and they are going to be much more intense.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/foreignoffice/statu ... 7242862600
Foreign @foreignoffice

NEWS: UK to receive nearly 3 million units of paracetamol following talks with India.

This will arrive in the next two weeks & will be stocked in the UK’s leading supermarkets
Will every consignment need a new request from UK to India?

Yerserdin ...
https://twitter.com/siddhantvm/status/1 ... 0004344833
Siddhant Mishra @siddhantvm

More than 20 #markaz patients at LNJP Hospital in Delhi tried attacking the medical staff, including female staff and passed vulgur comments at a female staff Staff had to rush to the duty room to save their lives. Doctors demand FIR on Markaz patients. #NizamuddinMarkaz .
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

BBC mocking the poor in India
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Ram_Guha/status/1250380465577459713
Ramachandra Guha @Ram_Guha

Jawaharlal Nehru to Chief Ministers, 1954: "It is always the duty and obligation of the majority to win the goodwill of the minorities by fair and even generous treatment". This precious maxim is now violated everyday, all over India, which is why the Republic is in peril.
Basically, Guha want's Hindus to become dimmis to save their version of the Indian Republic! They are not satisfied with "fair" treatment.

https://twitter.com/AbhijitChavda/statu ... 7148423170
Abhijit Chavda @AbhijitChavda

Behold the Nehruvian origin of India's "secularism" which treats the "majority" as 2nd class citizens while lavishing privileges upon "minorities".

It should be the government's duty & obligation to treat ALL citizens EQUALLY irrespective of religion.
It was apparent to me from around 2008 that in their version of "secularism" a Hindu is a 2nd class citizen.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/htTweets/status/1250434159660556296
Hindustan Times @htTweets

#COVID19 | India has decided to send 5 lakh tablets of hydroxychloroquine to Afghanistan from the Saarc Covid-19 Emergency Fund set up at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s suggestion last month.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Twitter suspends account of Kangana Ranaut’s sister for angrily tweeting against ‘mullahs’ attacking doctors and cops

https://www.opindia.com/2020/04/kangana ... suspended/

Another RW twitter handle taken down. Rangoli Chandel was firebrand in her way of dealing liberanduss..
Sad.......... :(
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/sneheshphilip/statu ... 8793612290
Snehesh Alex Philip @sneheshphilip

Inform public not to use HCQ and azithromycin without prescription, Modi govt tells states as more and more people hoard without even realising how harmful it can be if taken based on self prescription. My colleague @ChandnaHimani
reports
Yesterdin .. https://twitter.com/JournoPranay/status ... 9197976578
Pranay Upadhyaya @JournoPranay

Pakistan, Malaysia and Turkey have also approached India for the supply of Hydroxy Chloroquine tablets.

India is considering the supply request. However decision is yet to be made in this regard.
#COVID19
@ABPNews
Malaysia we know, Pakistan also but Turkey asking for supplies was missing.

Don't entertain an embassy level request. The heads of state have to make that request personally and request should be considered based on further discussions and some quid pro quo.

I don't agree with folks who's position is NO supplies. Untenable in a pandemic situation. The quantity should be made contingent on the quid pro quo.
Last edited by pankajs on 16 Apr 2020 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

pankajs wrote:Out people, GOI and outside, don't realize words have meaning and not to add unnecessary words to public communication at such times as present.

The usage of the words "world's largest" and "smart" was unnecessary right in the middle of a pandemic response. They could have been left for after things have normalized. There are situations were PR should be kept at a minimum rather the focus should be on the job at hand.

Similarly, a few days back, when the first death occurred in Dharavi, one english TV was big on "world's largest slum Dharavi" instead of just "Dharavi". "world's largest slum" is not something to be proud of even if it a reality. "world's largest" is not always a compliment unless you get high on dissing the country.

Our people don't have much sense what to focus and what to unfocus.
I disagree. Just because there is a pandemic the fight for "narrative" has not stopped, anywhere. You can pull countless propaganda articles, mostly based on the agenda of forcing a negative narrative of how India/BJP/Modi is dealing with COVID. You yourself cited a comment from one such article. In such times, being a dhimmi and letting the actions speak for themselves is a sure way to lose your message and influence.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
"world's largest" and "smart" don't make sense while we are in the middle of a response. Rest of the sentence is fine where GOI is taking credit for co-ordinated response.

After one is done successfully one can use fluff.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys my take on the "India is anti-Muslim in fighting COVID" narrative gaining foothold in white media is that it is a lazy, colonial trip orchestrated and kept alive by our own RAPE.

Let me give you an example. This India Today dude Rahul Kanwal who himself straddles between being a useless libarandu to putting out occasional nuggets of truth relevant to India; is being pilloried by his fellow libarandu gang for his supposedly 'communal' reportage on Tablighi.

This guy had on his show, some western historian clown called Harari Yuval. Rahul asked that standard DDM question seeking western approval of India's response to COVID.

Harari Yuval emphasizes that he doesn't know anything about India, about India's response, nothing. What does that mean? He has little interest in India, much less look under the hood of what India's govt is trying to do despite the daunting challenges where there is no 'good' options.

But magically, Harari Yuval adds India must not discriminate and demonize Muslims in its approach to COVID. Libarandus were uber thrilled and were even mocking Rahul Kanwal's stunned body language while listening to this joker.

Funnily, I noticed that one response to Rahul's tweet on this interview was by none other than BIF Aakar Patel. And he spilt the beans. Apparently, Aakar hangs out with Harari on some Vipasana meditation jaunts. So the cat is out of the bag. Like most whites, they wouldn't be bothered getting out of the air conditioned abodes when they visit India to do some real reporting. Instead they rely on Lutyen scum like Aakar Patel or Ram Guha with whom they hang out and dish out this BIF colonial nonsense

https://twitter.com/i/status/1250133913835409409
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Harari is gay and lives in Israel with his partner. One must ask him how he feels about treatment of gays in muslim nations, especially Jews that are gay. How many Jewish people are left alive in say Pakistan. That will shut him up. Problem is, nobody wants to ask the hard questions when these 'experts' pop up.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
I NEVER as a rule watch "foreign experts" on TV channels sprouting on Indian matters. Why do we even invite them.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/madhuparna_N/status ... 6342541312
Madhuparna Das @madhuparna_N

Journalists who r reporting “unconfirmed” #Covid deaths, may face FIR, said #Bengal CM @MamataOfficial
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Primus, tough questions, my foot. These white jokers are invited by the likes of Rahu, India Today conclave, Hindustan Times summit and crap like that only to give those events and interviews some 'status'. And who knows how many times these elites refused, how many times our guys had to beg, how much they had to dish out etc. So when they come, they are treated like prices and princesses. Tough questions in a disparaging, mocking, and condescending tone are only reserved for native sons-of-soil like ModiJi and YogiJi. Just see how slavish people like Turdesai and Omar Abdullah's keep are when they interview goras, and how arrogant when they interview rustic BJP spokesman. I might add that US media in contrast is the other way around.

I think I told you guys long ago. I once encountered an MIT media lab prof who was laughing at a dinner table narrating how many times he refused a key note talk at IISc, and each time he refused, they upped the fees until they made an offer he could not refuse :-).

As an aside, a whole different topic, but I am so glad that this IPL shit has been put off. Even there, all these white players have least interest in coming to India, but they love the $s (One Eng player even openly said he is not going to show all his variations during IPL). How I wish there was an IPL like USA's so called 'world series' baseball or football leauges around the world, with local dudes showing their talent and getting handsomely compensated instead of this annual circus.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:^^
I NEVER as a rule watch "foreign experts" on TV channels sprouting on Indian matters. Why do we even invite them.
they are paid to come and push a specific point of view.

a muslim loving gay jew screwing India sounds just about right :mrgreen:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/virsanghvi/status/1 ... 2613289984
vir sanghvi @virsanghvi

My HT article:A Campaign of Hatred.
At no point in the last several decades has there been so much distrust between Hindus & Muslims.Hindus are being told by bigots that Covid is a Muslim disease.And Muslims wonder if their own country is rejecting them.
I recall a discussion a while back ... about increasing polarization between Hindu/Muslims. Every such incident add to that polarization. Here is a liberal too endorsing that POV with his own liberal twist.

And just as I had stated it then, an increasing polarization amongst the masses does not "automatically" benefit the BJP. It will however push more and more people towards right i.e. BJP over time if the trend keeps up.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis ... LuFOO.html
A post-Covid agenda for India: Repairing Hindu-Muslim ties
But there is one other factor that we may not be paying enough attention to. In the post-pandemic world, we will have to work hard to repair relations between Hindus and Muslims. Rarely, in recent decades, have the two communities been so distrustful of each other.

It started with the anger over the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the National Register of Citizens. Without going into the rights and wrongs of that issue, there is no doubt that many Indian Muslims interpreted the government’s moves as a way of treating them as second class citizens.
As expected, Sickular tadka on desi dal.
Then the Tablighis set the agenda. I have written about the criminal behaviour of the Jamaat before so I won’t belabour the point.

The Tablighi Jamaat means nothing to most Indian Muslims. It is a primitive, fundamentalist movement that would take Islam to the Middle Ages. Liberal Muslims all over the world do not waste any time defending it. Just as liberal Hindus are appalled by the things that Golwalkar of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh wrote, liberal Muslims disown their community’s fundamentalists and loonies. Even the RSS itself is now deleting the most embarrassing bits from new editions of Golwalkar’s books.

Hindus do not believe that they have to find excuses for Golwalkar or for the misdeeds of other Hindus. When the Babri Masjid was demolished, the strongest condemnation came from liberal Hindus. Nobody in the mainstream said, “Yeah, but what about all the temples that Muslims had also destroyed?” There was no place for whataboutery or weak excuses.

Perhaps it is because majorities behave differently from minorities, but after the Tablighi incident, some liberals (Hindu and Muslim) issued only qualified criticism of the Jamaat when outright condemnation was called for. And all too often they resorted to whataboutery.

Once that whataboutery started, liberals were playing the RSS game. The Jamaat should have been seen as a lunatic fringe group of Muslims who endangered India’s fight against Covid. Instead, thanks to liberal naivete and communalist poison from both sides, the incident has now become a Hindu-Muslim thing.
His overall point is valid but as expected with added sickular tadka for balance.
A primitive Muslim sect uses the name of God to keep devotees from following the rules of the lockdown. When they are caught and a backlash ensues, Muslims are told that they will be tortured by the police. They hide. They infect more people. Public opinion grows against them. Persecution does begin. And so the cycle goes.

It has now got to the stage in Delhi where even secular Hindus ask whether it is safe to order biryani (“do you think the cooks may be infected?”) and check the religion of delivery boys (“only because of corona, na!”). It is heartbreaking to see the kind of abuse and discrimination that innocent Muslims are being subjected to. Videos aired on TV channels and social media show Muslim vendors being asked to leave markets, Muslims being denied entry to shops and much more. For how long will Muslims take these humiliations before beginning to wonder if their own country is rejecting them?

It is very difficult — if not impossible — to break the circle of mistrust and hatred when it gets to this level.

And I fear that the gulf between communities will grow. Some of it will come from extremists on both sides. Some of it is coming from digital armies across our border. And some of it, sadly, is being fanned to win votes.
Heavy dose of sickular tadka but the main point is that polarization is increasing by the day.

https://twitter.com/TheJaggi/status/1250464878709506048
R Jagannathan @TheJaggi

Trust can be restored, but only if both communities accept that the fault does not lie with only one community and victimhood with another. There cannot be any solution by artificially designating one as majority and another as minority. Honest dialogue is vital
Our sickularist won't allow for multiple reasons.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/Ram_Guha/status/1250380465577459713
Ramachandra Guha @Ram_Guha

Jawaharlal Nehru to Chief Ministers, 1954: "It is always the duty and obligation of the majority to win the goodwill of the minorities by fair and even generous treatment". This precious maxim is now violated everyday, all over India, which is why the Republic is in peril.
Basically, Guha want's Hindus to become dimmis to save their version of the Indian Republic! They are not satisfied with "fair" treatment.

https://twitter.com/AbhijitChavda/statu ... 7148423170
Abhijit Chavda @AbhijitChavda

Behold the Nehruvian origin of India's "secularism" which treats the "majority" as 2nd class citizens while lavishing privileges upon "minorities".

It should be the government's duty & obligation to treat ALL citizens EQUALLY irrespective of religion.
It was apparent to me from around 2008 that in their version of "secularism" a Hindu is a 2nd class citizen.
I don't like quoting the whole post and cluttering this thread up, however, I find the following quote a fantastic take down of the revered one and quoting the original message gives the context.

iMac_too on twitter
He said it just 7 yrs after losing almost half of land to "minority" proves Chacha was a moron of highest order
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

^^ That Vir Singhvi article equates Tablighi with RSS, that is the narrative that is being set here. Whatever else he writes is just a langot to cover his real agenda.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

-deleted-

Thanks Sudarshan ji.
Last edited by Sanju on 16 Apr 2020 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Sanju wrote:Apologies if already posted. I don't recall seeing this earlier.
This is the last post on the previous page of this thread.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

(“only because of corona, na!”). It is heartbreaking to see the kind of abuse and discrimination that innocent Muslims are being subjected to.
The pandemic should make the libs renunciate (if there is such word) over being pseudo left giving shelter to jihadis that will bear fruits later and quickly crush genuine left. The situation in paki lands hopefully will make us focus on long term fight that simply being big donor will create problems long term because of haphazard use will reduce chances where it could had been used by other areas more per needs. The country should gathering for long term instead of wasting it and repenting later.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/asia/ind ... index.html

Under India's caste system, Dalits are considered untouchable. The coronavirus is intensifying that slur

I must commend CNN, they leave aside their concern for Blacks in NYC for this solicitous piece on the caste system.

Of course the black castes of the US are bearing the brunt of the Chinese virus, Blacks are disproportionately affected , as high as 3:1 in some places. And of course they lead the case fatality numbers. One wonders if they are even offered any treatment other than the most cursory. There is much literature to demonstrate a systemic and systematic caste bias in the US. Please look ate the infant mortality, pregnancy deaths, life expectancy numbers, the white castes are on top as good as China's, the black castes are at the bottom.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The vultures are circling.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... kdown.html

The Pandemic Lockdown Is a Godsend for the Indian Church
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Sanjay, indeed this caste albatross around India's neck will always be haunting us. From a realistic PoV, its a question of glass half empty, half full.

No policy decision, in no discussion, has Indian govt ever even thought of discriminating against Dalits or Muslims. In fact, ModiJi begged with folded hands to be patient with him despite the hardships. The question of exacerbating the travails and tribulations of Dalits does not even arise. Only us Hindus can look at it from that angle. But for our haters, there is enough for all to see to obsess on it and feel morally and racially and culturally superior and shame the living shit out of us.

Also funny how media in India, both Lutyen and RW talk about India as part of the so called 'global response to COVID', while all that I see when it comes to 'global' discourse on India during this COVID crisis is casteist BS, Hindus supposedly treating Dalits and Muslims like crap. And this despite all the hydrochlorquine and other global efforts that India has helped in.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sanjaykumar wrote:The vultures are circling.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... kdown.html

The Pandemic Lockdown Is a Godsend for the Indian Church
Seems like just a wishful thinking, keep up the morale type of outpouring from some random pastor/goat herder trying to keep the flock together. There won't be any let-down in the drive to cap, roll back, and eliminate all evangelical and conversion-oriented activities in India. Once this external menace is gone, dharmic forces can get to work in bringing about "ghar vapasi" of those who have been brainwashed with stories of random prophets and messiahs.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sanjaykumar wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/asia/ind ... index.html

Under India's caste system, Dalits are considered untouchable. The coronavirus is intensifying that slur
Why even bother with this ? I didn't even open the link. Just the title confirms good news: these guys are on their last legs in trying to prevent "rise of Bharat" (which is already their plan B, after plan A: "idea of India" failed). So there is nothing much more to scoop out of the bottom of the barrel other than caste system, Hindoo nationalism, etc.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I can tell you one thing. The visuals of ordinary Indians feeding those 'low caste' migrant labourers; of Sikhs opening their langars to them will never be forgotten. At least by myself.

These visuals are essentially non-existent in the Christian press.

Perhaps India will come out of this stronger as a society.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMpO3JQ ... e=youtu.be

Arif Aajakia : My reply to Ms Saba Naqvi. Secularism. Taj Mahal etc

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Arif Aajakia is a decent man. But we are dealing with a mindset that claims 'Muhammad Rafi was a great Muslim singer' (sic).

Perhaps some of the people he refers to can go to their great Muslim country, or Saba Naqvi can go to the Shia paradise of Iran and lick the graves there to be more at home in her culture (I am not making this up).
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

None of them will leave, zero,nada. Even the well off ones from middle-east come back once they are into their 60s but continue to complain and spew venom on India once here. I really wonder doesnt irony ever cross them that if they dare display 1/100th of their illogical criticism against any country or its rulers in their beloved middle-east they'll be imprisoned, lashed, fined and kicked out but here in India the very people are allowed to spew unadulterated hatred all the while cribbing about an "environment of fear for minorities" ! You try to talk sense to even a torn trouser puncture repair guy and out comes the reply "We ruled over you for 1000 years and will rule again", such is the level of brainwashing irrespective of their social class, education and wealth.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Those stars N stripes, and guns fellows say, America: Love it or leave it. I never thought they were a role model. :mrgreen: