2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by KL Dubey »

vimal wrote: They will simply import Filipinos, BDs and others. Indians have slightly better education than these and are very slightly more technical but most are just high school graduates and at best semi-skilled. Don't even think about getting these 3 million back they are unemployable in India. Right now we need UAE more than they need us, lets be practical.
Your statements are contradictory. Even if the semi-skilled workers have a few years of experience working over there, they can be put to productive use back in India. Let the arabs import Filipinos etc. If that is all they want, they would be doing it already.

Like I said, I don't have full statistics...but my impression is Indians there are not just in the low-paying jobs but are embedded at every level. That is why I am saying we need a better strategy based upon information.

Economically we do not need the UAE for anything significant except some of our energy supplies. The gulf countries taken together may have a little more importance, which is why we need to address this whole bunch of arab nations more purposefully. These guys are doing their share of trying to destabilize Bharat with money and religion.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Not sure what you find contradictory in my statement. All the top level jobs are with Goras and Arabis, rest everyone is just a working class with little or no rights. India simply cannot provide 3 million jobs to such semi-skilled workers in the medium term. Most Indians there make money only on the back of currency arbitrage rates.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Ambar wrote:While those who commit fraud must pay the price, whats important is to learn that in middle eastern countries no matter how rich you are you will still be treated as a 2nd class citizen unless you are an arab muslim or European/American white.
Same was the case with a Kerala based jewellery group owner. It was rags to riches and back to rags kind of story. He too was a very dharmic person and helped lots of pro-Hindu causes in KL, but also was never overtly against Islamists. But again his plans on business development got messed up and then was even imprisoned as a loan defaulter. "Seculars" in Kerala was only too happy to seem him go.
habal wrote:India is losing its economic oomph which makes the arabs act all cocky.
So when did India have the economic oomph which made the Arabs behave themselves? :). And when do you feel it started going down?
vimal wrote: Don't even think about getting these 3 million back they are unemployable in India. Right now we need UAE more than they need us, lets be practical.
So does that mean allowing India to be an Islamic state? These Arab sheikdoms who only have oil money cannot hold the entire nation (like India) for ransom? I have seen the dance dramas which GoKL (with perhaps tacit approval from UAE folks) did to get a 300 crore aid package. GoKL wanted GoI to grovel in front of the sheiks. I have seen this grovelling mentality very high in Kerala, perhaps because there is a large chunk of people from the state who go and work in the middle east. Luckily in this case Modi did not oblige.
KL Dubey wrote:These guys are doing their share of trying to destabilize Bharat with money and religion.
Exactly. Many people have this feeling that Arabs are very benevolent people. And as I said this belief is very common in states like Kerala. After seeing how the "gulf boom" has changed Kerala in the last 40+ years, I can for sure say that money and religion are very good tools in destabilising a country (or at least a part of it). The Gulf connection in every hawala deal, real estate purchases are all obvious signs.
Let the arabs import Filipinos etc. If that is all they want, they would be doing it already.
+1. I feel many Indians feels that Arabs are doing a big favour by allowing them to come to the sheikdoms. The truth is that it is all "business" (plus perhaps some religious bigotry). If the Arabs find that cheaper labour can come in from some other country, they would jolly well get them. And consider another aspect, the clamour of Indians stuck in UAE who are now wanting to come back. A large number of these cases are people who did not have valid work VISAs or casual contract labourers etc. Which is an indication that the Gulf is not a very "promising land" of the 1970s and 1980s. The business models are changing, so instead of India having to bend over backwards to please the Arabs the medium to long term strategy should be to reduce the "employement" dependency with the middle east.
Gerard wrote:There is apparently a petition in the Supreme Court seeking a directive to the Union Government to deploy the army to enforce lockdown.
They were petitions on allowing migrant labour to be taken to their mother states and also for bringing back migrant labour from UAE and sheikdoms back to India. All petitions were thrown out. This petition also may meet the same fate.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

vimal wrote:Not sure what you find contradictory in my statement. All the top level jobs are with Goras and Arabis, rest everyone is just a working class with little or no rights. India simply cannot provide 3 million jobs to such semi-skilled workers in the medium term. Most Indians there make money only on the back of currency arbitrage rates.
I am not sure where you are coming from. I know that most engineers, doctors, nurses, accountants, bankers, entrepreneurs and technicians are from India in all over west asia(middle east). These professionals are in a much bigger proportion from India than from the other countries in Indian Subcontinent.

Many Indian companies are working at providing employment to indians at all levels.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vimal wrote:Not sure what you find contradictory in my statement. All the top level jobs are with Goras and Arabis, rest everyone is just a working class with little or no rights. India simply cannot provide 3 million jobs to such semi-skilled workers in the medium term. Most Indians there make money only on the back of currency arbitrage rates.

above all, the eyerabs want a politically, civilizationally and religiously docile workforce that prizes stability and generally keeps its head down and nose to the grindstone and does not have an agenda of its own beyond earning a living and sending some savings back home.

these gulf jehadi ruling families have already burned their fingers badly with the palestinians, paki and other "almost unionized" militant sub national groups in their workforce who present an existential threat to them and that is why they have gotten rid of most of such trouble makers.

of late, some jehadi organisations in the gelf are seeking to weaponize the Indian muslim workforce there by creating a targeted audience for exporting the "outrage" of shaheen bagh type of protests and precipitate a violent reaction there. They seek to displace the Indian worker and create a demand for the replacement of such workers by non Indian jehadis from other islamic countries, notably from pakiland.

and some equally foolish Hindu Indians are falling into this trap and self combusting, little realizing that they simply do not have the numbers to fight such a battle, nor a level battlefield in the gelf to wage such a war.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Ambar wrote:Unless the government decides to ban these foreign social media platforms and create Indian alternatives we will continue to suffer. After Indian jihadis like Irene Akbar working together with some Gulf News anti-hindu journalist to target Indians working in middle east, today a so called UAE "princess" by name Hend Al Qassimi on twitter(Ladyvelvet_HFQ is the handle) has been posting non-stop anti-India messages and asking her ummah to send her twitter handles/identities of Indians.

I agree with your analysis. But Globalization kida is too strong in Indian Bureaucracy & it's not going well for us. On the other hand an important corner stone of UAE economy is black money & investments from India. While In White Collar jobs, Goras dont work hard & others like Pakis cannot, hence Hindus important. Hindus in UAE are no push overs, Pakis are overplaying their hand. Pakis are more replaceable then Hindus. In long term, electric cars will turn middle east back to desert.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

chetak wrote:
above all, the eyerabs want a politically, civilizationally and religiously docile workforce that prizes stability and generally keeps its head down and nose to the grindstone and does not have an agenda of its own beyond earning a living and sending some savings back home.

these gulf jehadi ruling families have already burned their fingers badly with the palestinians, paki and other "almost unionized" militant sub national groups in their workforce who present an existential threat to them and that is why they have gotten rid of most of such trouble makers.

of late, some jehadi organisations in the gelf are seeking to weaponize the Indian muslim workforce there by creating a targeted audience for exporting the "outrage" of shaheen bagh type of protests and precipitate a violent reaction there. They seek to displace the Indian worker and create a demand for the replacement of such workers by non Indian jehadis from other islamic countries, notably from pakiland.

and some equally foolish Hindu Indians are falling into this trap and self combusting, little realizing that they simply do not have the numbers to fight such a battle, nor a level battlefield in the gelf to wage such a war.
Therefore Hindus have to play their cards well. Gulfies only give lip service to jihadi agenda and are themselves afraid of jihadis & their own middle class rising up.

We have to popularize Pakis & Even Radical Indian Muslims as supporters of Violent, Radical, pro Poor Islam who want to overthrow Gulf Monarchies and they will be soon kicked out and replaced with peaceful Yindus

Our counter narrative should not be of abusing Gulfies but to show that Yindus are contented, want peaceful jobs while Pakis want jihad.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

peaceful protest last night in padarayana pura, Bangalore. this was a red zone and police had put barricade. last night few asha people with docs and police went to do contact tracing were attacked by 400 peaceful people. infact in 24 hours 21 cases were reported there.
infact i was flabbergasted looking at kannada channel where the reported had called a monitor and taking them to a task. he was telling why we give importance to such people so much why do you give one rule for rest and one rule for Muslims in India. Infact i could not believe when reporter asked why minorities are not treated like how minorities are treated in Pakistan or Bangladesh. minister just tried to brush it out saying he want to address that issue but not now. very near there is a Ayurveda hospital and they have closed. not sure if Gov has asked or they closed it by them self. some people told that it is frequented mostly by peaceful from padarayana pura, so people dint want to take risk and closed.

spoke to a pharmacist who provide masks to quarantine center mysore. He told nearly 500 police men are deployed near quarantine center. when i asked why so many, he told peaceful come in groups and protest there to get inside. they bring food and insist that they have to eat only food from home and not rest.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Brahma Chellaney@Chellaney
Two days after India's home ministry issued an advisory warning against the use of Zoom "for official purposes" due to its security flaws, the public health minister publicizes his disregard of that advisory by posting on Twitter that he is using Zoom!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

madhu wrote:peaceful protest last night in padarayana pura, Bangalore. this was a red zone and police had put barricade. last night few asha people with docs and police went to do contact tracing were attacked by 400 peaceful people. infact in 24 hours 21 cases were reported there.
infact i was flabbergasted looking at kannada channel where the reported had called a monitor and taking them to a task. he was telling why we give importance to such people so much why do you give one rule for rest and one rule for Muslims in India. Infact i could not believe when reporter asked why minorities are not treated like how minorities are treated in Pakistan or Bangladesh. minister just tried to brush it out saying he want to address that issue but not now. very near there is a Ayurveda hospital and they have closed. not sure if Gov has asked or they closed it by them self. some people told that it is frequented mostly by peaceful from padarayana pura, so people dint want to take risk and closed.

spoke to a pharmacist who provide masks to quarantine center mysore. He told nearly 500 police men are deployed near quarantine center. when i asked why so many, he told peaceful come in groups and protest there to get inside. they bring food and insist that they have to eat only food from home and not rest.

the ground is being set for:

Ramadan 2020 will begin in the evening of Thursday, 23 April and ends in the evening of Saturday, 23 May

they will agitate for the force full opening of halal supply chains and demand for the provision of such services.

as it is, most of the food delivery jobs have been cornered by these guys and you see them lazing around on street corners and congregating in residential neighborhoods

secularism has edged out many non jehadis.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

SBajwa wrote:
I am not sure where you are coming from. I know that most engineers, doctors, nurses, accountants, bankers, entrepreneurs and technicians are from India in all over west asia(middle east). These professionals are in a much bigger proportion from India than from the other countries in Indian Subcontinent.

Many Indian companies are working at providing employment to indians at all levels.
You are absolutely correct. It is a mistake to consider Indians in the gulf as some kind of monolith.

There are, of course, the skilled and semi-skilled labour class. These folks are usually desperate, housed in appalling labour camp type conditions, at the mercy of their employer (passports etc are routinely confiscated to maintain leverage over them etc) and have little rights or voice. Most Pakis, BDs, Nepalis etc working in the Gulf fall under this category. There are plenty of Indians in this category, but the difference is that (unlike Pakis) we are also make up a large chunk of the other categories:

1> Service sector jobs (like hotel management, sales etc). This is where most of the filipinos etc work.
2> Professional and management jobs
3> Engineering and tech
4> Medical
5> Indian owned businesses and entrepreneurs

There are also quite a few large Indian businesses and inbound investment into the UAE, Indian MNCs operating out of there for their Gulf operations etc.

Probably over 50% of the passenger transit through their airports are also from the Indian market. I have flown Emirates and Etihaad to the US quite often and you can barely see any Pakis on the Gulf to US leg.

A huge chunk of the real estate market in Dubai relies on wealthy Indians. There are very few Pakis etc in that market (except for the Musharraf/Nawaz Sharif types who are just a handful).

India is indispensable for their economy and that is only going to increase. The Pakis are no substitute for India, ummah dreams notwithstanding. Even as unskilled labour nobody wants them around due to the problems that they create.

You can literally see this distinction in any cricket match (IPL, Asia Cup etc) held in the UAE in recent years. Unlike it was in the 80s you can see a clear class distinction with 80% of Indians filling the stadium (for the most part well heeled and occupying the better stands/seats) and only a few Paki types who can get the time off to come to the stadium, mostly occupying the cheaper stands.

So my overall point is, that a lot has changed since the 80s when Dawood Ibrahim was the VIP at cricket matches and Pakis could pretend to be on the same level as us (though even then it was Indians who were really contributing to the development there). And things will continue to change for the better at the national and strategic level, as India grows to be a 10-15 trillion $ economy we will have even better cooperation and partnership, similar to the years post independence where they used Indian currency (before we shot ourselves in our foot with license raj and the oil economy boomed for them). Don't take the rantings of some Internet jehadis at face value and throw the baby out with the bath water.

The only problem area that I see is the unskilled and semi-skilled labour. I think that with the growth of the Indian economy, we should try and ensure that most of these people can be gainfully employed locally. And for those skilled labour (construction workers, tradesmen etc) who are forced to return due to recession/COVID etc, I think they probably have a valuable role to play in building our own country. Anybody who lives in India knows how hard it is to find skilled tradesmen (carpenters, welders, people familiar with modern construction work etc), so govt can easily incentivize their return and find employment for them.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thanks Bart S for bringing back sanity and substance to this topic
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Vijay Mallya loses appeal against extradition in UK High Court
Fugitive businessman Vijay Mallya on Monday lost his appeal in the UK High Court against the 2018 order to extradite him to India to face charges of financial irregularities.

Mallya, 64, is wanted in India to face charges of financial offences amounting to Rs 9,000 crore borrowed by his now-defunct Kingfisher Airlines (KFA) from several Indian banks.

The case will now go to home secretary Priti Patel for a final decision on his extradition.

Justices Irwin and Elisabeth Laing handed down their verdict by email.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

and the drama goes on and on.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

https://www.opindia.com/2020/04/palghar ... spectator/
People of the Sadhu community say that this village is tribals dominated and most of them are Christians while some are Muslims. Some even say that the police, out of fear of the tribals, handed over the Sadhus to the mob which later beat up those Sadhus to death with sticks. Reportedly, when the tribals of a particular religion started beating up the Sadhus, the police did not intervene.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Islamists express their glee over UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath’s father’s death
https://www.opindia.com/2020/04/islamis ... happiness/
Soon after the news of the demise of Yogi’s father broke, scores of perverted Islamists reacted to it with euphoria and happiness.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

disha wrote:
chetak wrote:farah maintains a low profile, was a member of the mafia family's NAC and is embedded deep in the bowels of the BIF network.
Farah got unearthed. At this point, the 'generals', 'colonels' and 'majors' from the BIF camps are unleashed.

Folks be prepared to take even more hits. This battle was truly started in 2019 itself and the clarion call was made in Texas and underlined again in Ahmedabad. The war is truly well upon us. So be prepared to take some hits and not fall into Kejruisque 'Modi do something' whine!

Please time this:

1. Nobel laureate stating that ChinaVirus is made in lab https://swarajyamag.com/insta/professor ... -wuhan-lab

And the fast and furious gas lighting by others
Montagnier’s claims however was dismissed by another.French virologist Étienne SimonLorièr. AFP quoted Montagnier as sating that “these are very small elements that are found in other viruses of the same family”.
One can agree that Monsieur Montagnier knows his virology good enough and would not have made a stray comment.

2. Pappu going live with advice.

3. Arundhati Roy going live. Whenever the 'atlanticists' in BIF want to make a point, Arundhati is trotted out. It does not matter if Rafael is an aircraft carrier or not.

4. Thooblighis and Thookers going ape-shit. The deep network of Thooblighis and Thookers stand exposed.

5. Twitter handles getting dox'ed left-right-and-central.

The war just went brutal. It may get even worse.
Don’t forget the UCB Haas School plan circa 2013-14, which is another piece of the puzzle: preparations for a massive propaganda/ human rights offensive, following an anticipated harsh response by GoI to the provocations.

Taking Haas into account, it is easier to understand what seems to be a “soft” GoI response.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Gerard wrote:
Bart S wrote:Who is this 'Princess Hend Al Qassimi' .
Ex wife of the Emir of Qatar
Correct. I think she was also embroiled in some sort of a custody battle with her Qatari husband but i dont think its the emir but a member of the al-thani family. Interestingly @LadyVelvet_HFQ seems to have made few trips to India in the past. The number of "human rights lawyers" (if there's ever a more comical designation in middle east!) creeping out of the woodworks has ISI and BIF stamp all over this. Its actually taken a bizarre turn with some of these clowns from barbaric sheikhdoms now targeting Indian MPs and threatening to sue them in middle eastern "courts" :rotfl: Bangalore MP Tejaswi Surya is their new target for a tweet he made in 2015 ! :lol:
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

call to boycott for the record
..had asked the adherents of Islam to boycott professionals supporting the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA)
Simply because we follow rules doesn't mean we shouldn't take precautions. We don't know if outside country the same people would oppose local citizenship laws. Such is way of life.
now targeting Indian MPs and threatening to sue them in middle eastern "courts"
Perceptions matter at times though better relations with UAE would hurt riot mongers and stone throwers the most.
Last edited by vishvak on 20 Apr 2020 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Ambar wrote: Bangalore MP Tejaswi Surya is their new target for a tweet he made in 2015 ! :lol:
A few Malayalam online news papers have already started 'advising' BJP and pro-Hindu leaders to tone down their speeches. This is when, majority of the times it is Kerala origin turn coats who have used religion to cause harm to fellow Indians. So looks like this is a new drama being orchestreated by BIF of Indian and foreign origin. I feel this would also increase when there is more traction on the NRC and NPR plans by GoI.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

India has come up with its own version of TikTok by the name Mitron. Let’s make it a hit by installing it and uninstalling Chinese app TikTok. Together we can make it a truly Indian App. Please forward it to others as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .mitron.tv

Say bye bye to ZOOM. Our Indian App is available ... It's really good and very quick... I've just tried it, you all can use this.... no need to create any use id also...

https://www.saynamaste.in/meeting

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Neither is ready.

I also referred a friend who has Web conferencing platform to sign up https://startups.meitystartuphub.in/pub ... 1cd7bc6db7

His feedback:

The FORM could not post. Freaking simple form. We have so many software consulting firms but out GOI can't get a registration form working ... so sad
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

^Zoho meeting works well and has a decent feature-set. Airmeet is another, more for webinar type stuff though. Both are of Indian origin and reasonably good, though not as slick as Zoom etc.

Indian co should preferably buy out Vidyo, it is fairly good value market cap wise and very secure - used by Israeli and US militaries. Oh well, perhaps they won't let us buy, but in any case we should license it for govt use.
Punjabi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Punjabi »

https://www.remotehq.com/
Re highly interactive Web Conferencing look at this site. MIT guy designed it, have used it, its pretty Good, allows good interaction between participants, edits etc. than just sharing. https://www.remotehq.com/stay-healthy free until June 1st for academics. Work together in ways that go beyond video chat. Co-browse and co-edit any web app, share files, take notes, whiteboard, screen share, video chat, and more. All in a single browser tab. No download required.
Regards
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

OIL PRICES IN CANADA TURN NEGATIVE!
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Bart S wrote:The only problem area that I see is the unskilled and semi-skilled labour. I think that with the growth of the Indian economy, we should try and ensure that most of these people can be gainfully employed locally. And for those skilled labour (construction workers, tradesmen etc) who are forced to return due to recession/COVID etc, I think they probably have a valuable role to play in building our own country. Anybody who lives in India knows how hard it is to find skilled tradesmen (carpenters, welders, people familiar with modern construction work etc), so govt can easily incentivize their return and find employment for them.
You indeed answered all questions that people might have had on my original post. Good job.

These are all exactly the things I meant in my original post. We need to have proper information/statistics and then have a policy in place to regulate our export of human resources, which is a massive export not accounted for in the books. Whether it is "brain drain" or "skill drain" or "pair-of-hands drain", we need a proper policy to manage this. It will dramatically further increase the level of respect for Indians worldwide...and the Arabs will have to make major changes.

Modi already has "Make in India" and "Skill India" in place, but it is not realistic to assume that labor/workforce will be automatically absorbed in the domestic market. There also have to be controls on export.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

darshan wrote:https://www.opindia.com/2020/04/palghar ... spectator/
People of the Sadhu community say that this village is tribals dominated and most of them are Christians while some are Muslims. Some even say that the police, out of fear of the tribals, handed over the Sadhus to the mob which later beat up those Sadhus to death with sticks. Reportedly, when the tribals of a particular religion started beating up the Sadhus, the police did not intervene.
The 70 year old Sadhu from Varanasi was especially targeted by almost 100 muslim youth. He was beaten with lathis, not sticks, till he died. His eyes were gouged out and the body dismembered. Typical Jihadi template.

You can hear the words -- Maar Shoiab Maar..
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

The ones who did the actual beating should never see the outside of a prison wall again, that is, if they are not given capital punishment. The mob who supported them should be given long prison sentences.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

.ot
Last edited by vimal on 21 Apr 2020 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

What was the reason for the mob murder of sadhus? Telangana style encounter justice would be a fitting response to this.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Seal down in blore and mysore
all roads leading to Padarayanapura and Bapujinagar, off Mysuru Road in Bengaluru have been sealed off and asbestos sheets have been used as barricades to prevent entry and exit of people, things are no different in Mysuru where the lockdown norms have been tightened with barricades from this morning.
All these areas are peaceful dominated areas. They have been physically sealed just like what was done in china.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

KLNMurthy wrote:Don’t forget the UCB Haas School plan circa 2013-14, which is another piece of the puzzle: preparations for a massive propaganda/ human rights offensive, following an anticipated harsh response by GoI to the provocations.

Taking Haas into account, it is easier to understand what seems to be a “soft” GoI response.
KLNM garu, can you please provide some pointers, please?
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

schinnas wrote:What was the reason for the mob murder of sadhus? Telangana style encounter justice would be a fitting response to this.
No it is a bad idea. I however feel it may happen. It will give rise to conspiracy theories and the facts of who shielded whom and so on will be buried due to lack of evidence. I wish the CBI/NIA immediately steps in and takes the ringleaders and police officers into custody and interrogates them and finds out how far up the chain of command has the rot spread. See the conspiracy theories around because Lee Oswald was "encountered". You want closure in this death and clear identification of who gave the orders.

Someone maybe Sachin said that the the crisis has given a positive colour to the Indian pulis. Spoken perhaps too soon. The investigation if carried out carefully and in a non-partisan way and the fact this crime has shaken the Indian politic, should provide a possible avenue to institute long needed reforms in the police force, that is clearly corrupt, functions as a goonda arm of the political party in power, is poorly trained and lacks requisite forensic skills and tools to function in a way that allows the citizenry to respect it in the same way it does the Army. In reality only cases that involve multiple jurisdictions and states should be referred to a central authority.

What if Kasab was encountered right away? Then ...... just asking.
Last edited by vsunder on 21 Apr 2020 00:23, edited 5 times in total.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I think this case should be treated as a case of Naxalite terror and investigation should be done by NIA.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Comment of the day goes to Anand Ranganathan on TimesNow. As much as I like Rahul Shivshankar, at times he tries too hard to be more secular than necessary. So, he was saying that there is no evidence that the lynchings were communal in nature. To which Anand Ranganathan correctly observed that:

Imagine that the victims were not Sadhus in saffron, but rather, maulvis with beard and skull cap. Both WaPo and NYT would have run out of sepoy space :-).
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Palghar, Vasai(the old Portuguese Bassein), Silvassa, Dahanu is a tribal belt. The Warli indigenous people live here and are famous for their art.

https://www.artzolo.com/warli-paintings

Bhagawan Nityananda of Kanhangad(Kerala) moved into this area around 1932 and established the Ganeshpuri ashram on the banks of the Tamsa river and did a lot to uplift the tribal people. Nearby is the old temple of Vajreshwari built by the Peshwas after they defeated the Portuguese. Later Muktananada built his ashram which was and still frequented by A-lister Hollywood stars and the subject of the book by Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love. However Muktananda and his cohorts have fallen into disrepute though Nityananda's samadhi attracts scores of people from around the world and the resultant activity is a source of income to many tribals. Naxal movement is quite active in Silvassa and the Gujarat-MH border and in fact the sole CPM candidate might have won from these parts to the state assembly in MH in the last elections. Tarapur atomic power station the first atomic power plant in India is in this area with its township laid out in American style since American companies and engineers had a hand in it.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

THE SADHU KILLER VILLAGE HAS A CPI(M) MLA
https://sarkardaily.com/the-sadhu-kille ... -cpim-mla/
Gadchinchale village is in the assembly constituency, Dahanu,which has elected Vinod Bhiva Nikole of the CP((M) as their MLA. Rajendra Dhedya Gavit of the Shiv Sena is the MP from Palghar. It is reserved for scheduled tribes. Dahanu had elected Shankar Chavan in 1978 and Rajarama Ozare in 2009 -both CPI ( M). Otherwise, it had been a Congress constituency.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Some economic perspective on India - Persian Gulf ties: In 2018-19, India received ~$80 billion in inward remittances. Breakdown for that year is not available, but it is for 2017-18, when remittances were $68 billion. Of these, the following countries occupy the top ranks:
1 United Arab Emirates 13.823 billion
2 United States 11.715 billion
3 Saudi Arabia 11.239 billion
4 Kuwait 4.587 billion
5 Qatar 4.143 billion
6 United Kingdom 3.941 billion
7 Nepal 3.016 billion
8 Canada 2.877 billion
9 Australia 1.944 billion
10 Bahrain 1.336 billion
11 Sri Lanka 1.265 billion
12 Singapore 886 million
13 Italy 612 million
14 New Zealand 341 million
15 Germany 332 million

In other words, the Gulf accounts for $35 billion out of $68 billion, or a little over half of all remittances. That's a lot of money. Due to remittances, India runs a BoP surplus with some of these countries despite the oil imports from them - UAE and Qatar.

While we'd all like to deplore the rights situation there personally (and that includes me - I have no desire to set foot there, or even travel on their air carriers), the hard geopolitical calculus right now is that it gains us a lot of inbound $$s and any action we take will start by considering that.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Suraj wrote:Some economic perspective on India - Persian Gulf ties: In 2018-19, India received ~$80 billion in inward remittances. Breakdown for that year is not available, but it is for 2017-18, when remittances were $68 billion. Of these, the following countries occupy the top ranks:
1 United Arab Emirates 13.823 billion
2 United States 11.715 billion
3 Saudi Arabia 11.239 billion
4 Kuwait 4.587 billion
5 Qatar 4.143 billion
6 United Kingdom 3.941 billion
7 Nepal 3.016 billion
8 Canada 2.877 billion
9 Australia 1.944 billion
10 Bahrain 1.336 billion
11 Sri Lanka 1.265 billion
12 Singapore 886 million
13 Italy 612 million
14 New Zealand 341 million
15 Germany 332 million

In other words, the Gulf accounts for $35 billion out of $68 billion, or a little over half of all remittances. That's a lot of money. Due to remittances, India runs a BoP surplus with some of these countries despite the oil imports from them - UAE and Qatar.

While we'd all like to deplore the rights situation there personally (and that includes me - I have no desire to set foot there, or even travel on their air carriers), the hard geopolitical calculus right now is that it gains us a lot of inbound $$s and any action we take will start by considering that.
Thanks Suraj, thats exactly what I was saying. We have no direct beef with Ummah so lets keep things under wraps. Pakis, commies and peacefools are fueling this problem, India should deal with them directly rather than fanning the flames across 50 other countries. Most are anyway hand to mouth types that we don't even need. Make friends and peace till we are strong enough to make enemies.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Suraj wrote:In other words, the Gulf accounts for $35 billion out of $68 billion, or a little over half of all remittances. That's a lot of money. Due to remittances, India runs a BoP surplus with some of these countries despite the oil imports from them - UAE and Qatar.

Good info, but one important missing part is where the remittances are going. That's where the problem lies.

If the $35 bn "Gelf" money was more or less evenly spread over India, it would not have much impact in terms of feeding non-dharmic interests and ways of life. But it's not spread evenly. I am sure a lot of it is flowing to a few states (particularly KL) and areas within states that have a high population of peacefuls.

Secondly, the remittance figures are a double-edged sword. E.g., the GDP of UAE is roughly $750 bn (I am using PPP for more meaningful comparisons).Given 27% population of "hardworking" Indians, lets say about $150 bn conservatively is our economic contribution yearly...of which a paltry $40 bn ($13 bn from your table X 3 to account for PPP) comes to India.

So this means UAE is making a net $110 bn PPP GDP profit every year since we do not place a $ value on our human capital export. That's a whopping 1% of our total GDP of $10 tn going towards just one country. And on top of that, some of the money coming in also goes towards "culture change" activities.

PS: Obviously, the right "price" to put on our wholesale workforce export is a matter of demand elasticity (which varies also by type of workforce) and what our objectives are.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

I think at this point we are only maintaining our relation ship with the middle east more for energy security than remittance money. We will become more and more independent from them as time goes by.