2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Ashokk
BRFite

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Ashokk »

India sends formal request to Malaysia for Zakir Naik extradition
NEW DELHI: The Indian government has sent a formal request to Malaysia for the extradition of controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik, sources told ANI on Thursday.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Lawyer who was representing the sadhus in the Palghar lynching case dies in road accident while going to the court: Reports

Digvijay Trivedi was going to the Dahanu to attend the hearing in the Palghar Sadhu lynching case, where he was representing the victim Hindu saints

https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/palghar ... -accident/
Since Halal is legal, non-Muslims have the right to advertise that they don’t hire Muslims: Here is why

Is it bigotry to call for a boycott of halal products? Are such calls an expression of Islamophobia? Was the Chennai Police justified in arresting the owner of Jain Bakeries?
https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/since-h ... justified/
Sumair
BRFite

Post by Sumair »

Anoop.G wrote:As a US citizen, I have sold and bought property in 2010 and 2013 with OCI as my only proof of ID and have quoted the OCI# wherever the Adhaar /Pan etc was required. Recently, I used the OCI to get a new cell phone too in India.
Its acceptance is very ad hoc in nature and depends upon the whim of the accepting authority. They can easily deny it and there is no way to force them to accept it. The passport must have OCI sticker on it or we must carry the expired passport with the sticker while travelling to India. The booklet alone is not accepted as the proof of OCI. Hotels universally don’t accept it and require accompanying passport. Banks also require the passport. Many times even the airport gate security has refused to accept it. A bona fide government of India document is refused but a document by a foreign government is accepted. I’m narrating my experience from around NCR and Punjab region. It might be different in some other states. But definitely not what the law states; which is to grant all the rights of an Indian citizenship accept for a few exceptions.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is from a paper called the diplomat, published outside India and owned by goras

someone has decided to throw white waisty under the bus.

shameless chidambaram goes international.

by tarring PC publicly, they are slyly and cleverly protecting the mafia family and laying all blame at PC's door.

The Strategic Implications of Indian Corruption

The massive network of corruption now being unraveled has major geopolitical and security implications that reach far beyond India.

By Cleo Paskal
May 13, 2020

The Strategic Implications of Indian Corruption
Indian lawmaker and former Finance Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram waves as he arrives at the Parliament House for a protest against the rise in onion prices, in New Delhi, India, Dec. 5, 2019.

As a result of COVID-19, heavy hitters in the United States and elsewhere are talking about shifting investments and supply chains out of China. This dovetails with existing strategic concerns about Beijing. When looking around the Indo-Pacific for an alternative democracy-compatible, large market that has the potential to be increasingly strategically useful, India pops to the fore.

The Indian strategic community knows it and is chomping at the bit to “take the tide at the flood” and use the opening to redefine India’s place in the world. There is even talk of floating an Indo-Pacific Charter to replace the Atlantic Charter.

There is enormous potential, and at least one major roadblock. One of the biggest strategic mysteries of the past few decades is why India hasn’t lived up to its vast economic potential. Its relatively lackluster growth has not only affected the lives of a billion Indians, it has stunted Delhi’s geopolitical reach at a time when a strong India could be an effective counter to an expanding China.

A series of court cases currently underway in India is starting to decode some of that mystery. What is being alleged is a decades-long complex, sophisticated, high-stakes scheme that led to the multibillion-dollar capture and manipulation of core elements of the Indian economy, masterminded by some of India’s most senior leaders. This is serious.

The highest profile arrest so far is India’s formerly untouchable finance minister, Pallaniappan Chidambaram. The cases against Chidambaram are spearheaded by two investigative agencies, the Enforcement Directorate (ED), a specialized financial investigation agency under India’s Ministry of Finance, and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), India’s main police investigative agency.

Corruption allegations have dogged Chidambaram for years. So why lay charges now? India’s two main political parties, Congress (Chidambaram’s party) and the ruling BJP, spar in public but there seemed to be close ties between some individual members of the two parties, especially where large amounts of money are concerned.

Chidambaram was finance minister on and off for over a decade, most recently in 2014. When Congress lost to Narendra Modi’s BJP in that year, Chidambaram’s old friend Arun Jaitley became the BJP finance minister. In spite of Modi coming in on an anti-corruption vote, there seemed little interest in investigating members of the previous Congress administration and Jaitley continued with many of Chidambaram’s policies.

In 2019 Modi was re-elected and Jaitley was replaced as Finance Minister due to ill-health. As Jaitley’s health waned, so did his influence. Coincidentally or not, Chidambaram was arrested on August 21; Jaitley died August 24.

Since then, the increasingly public allegations against Chidambaram have started to sketch out a massive network of corruption that has major geopolitical and security implications that reach far beyond India.

The allegations involve four elements: how money was made illegally in India; how money was moved out of the country; how money was used abroad; and how money was moved back into India. They involve a network of politicians, bureaucrats, bankers, regulators, financial service providers, money launderers, front companies and more. Chidambaram is not alleged to have been involved in all elements, but rather was part of an extended, embedded system that resulted in stifling economic growth and creating security risks such as opening up some of the highest levels of governance to blackmail.

How Was Money Made in India?

It is alleged that Chidambaram and his network used their positions to put in place people, policies, regulations, and regulators that enabled them to funnel money flows through their offices and favorites, while at the same time shutting down any competition from clean alternatives.

For example, Chidambaram and his network seemingly wanted to promote and protect the National Stock Exchange (NSE) as India’s primary exchange. Competing exchanges, especially successful ones such as those run by Jignesh Shah, were targeted, with the powers of the state used to pound competitors into submission through arrest, audits, seizure of assets, and more. By the time the charges made their way through the courts and are dismissed, is it too late; the competition is destroyed.

Meanwhile, the value of the NSE to its patrons was maximized through a range of mechanisms. One currently being investigated is “co-location,” in which favored brokers were allowed to place their servers adjacent to the exchange, giving them millisecond arbitrage advantages over off-site brokerages. That time advantage combines with high-frequency trading algorithms to produce consistent profits.

Often the manipulation wasn’t that sophisticated. Rumors might be started about problems with the Indian economy; shares drop, are bought low. Then there are statements about corrective measures and shares recover and are sold off. Similar games were allegedly played to manipulate the value of the Indian rupee.

The case that triggered the initial arrest of Chidambaram involved his role as finance minister. His ministry was responsible for approving applications to the Foreign Investment Promotions Board (FIPB), a mechanism for bringing foreign direct investment into India. When the principals of INX Media made a request to fast-track their FIPB application, they were allegedly told by Chidambaram to consider his son Karti’s consulting business. Subsequently, a substantial amount found its way to Karti and the request was approved.

How Was Money Moved out of India?

There is a range of ways to move money out of India, but one of the most concerning is hawala networks. Hawala trading was pioneered in the Islamic world as a way of transferring money without having to physically move cash. If “Joe” in Delhi wants to transfer $50,000 to his brother “Jack” in London, Joe can go to his local Delhi hawala trader, “Bob,” and give him $50,000 cash. Bob calls his hawala contact in London and instructs him to give the $50,000 cash (in local currency) to Jack. The two hawala traders settle their books periodically. And that’s it — no paper trail, no tax, no customs.

That is why hawala is so popular with criminal organizations, terrorism financiers, drug dealers, arms traders, and human traffickers. The network works on what INTERPOL calls “trust” – a trust usually backed by the brutal enforcement of criminal or terrorist organizations. As the money of corrupt politicians joins that flow, they become “invested” in protecting the whole system – and are subject to being blackmailed by the people who run the system itself. This means they are more likely to block prosecution of those facilitating their money flows even if they pose a national security risk to the country.

At one point, Congress leader D. K. Shivakumar was in the same jail as Chidambaram, on pending charges of money laundering via hawala transactions. Congress Party President Sonia Gandhi visited them both in jail.

Sometimes the traditional banking system is used as well. One of the most notorious pending money laundering cases is that of politically well-connected Hasan Ali Khan, who reportedly casually moved an estimated $8 billion. In one case, according to investigators, $300 million was transferred from a Chase Manhattan account into a UBS Khan-linked account for a hotel purchase in Switzerland. The note attached was tagged “Funds from weapons sales.”

Khan’s case has moved at a glacial pace, and the billions that passed through his accounts have disappeared.

How Was Money Used Abroad?

The Enforcement Directorate has identified multiple properties around the world linked to various members of the Chidambaram family. Bank accounts are harder to identify as there are allegations that the Indian government is reluctant to request full lists of illicit accounts held abroad from willing countries.

How Was Money Moved Back Into India?

There are myriad ways of moving money into India, but a popular one during Chidambaram’s time as finance minister was Participatory Notes (P-Notes) handled by companies such as Goldman Sachs. Foreign investors could use P-Notes (via brokers) to buy shares in India, for example on the NSE. Under Chidambaram, the identity of those individual investors was not diligently pursued.

So, if someone got a bribe in India, moved it abroad via hawala, then brought it back in via P-Notes, that money has now been nicely laundered and, if they happen to be running it through a co-locating broker, their investment has also grown.

Meanwhile, however, honest entrepreneurs and investors have come up against invisible walls, been harassed into oblivion, and had their livelihoods destroyed. Tata research estimated that Jignesh Shah’s markets were supporting up to a million jobs. When he was shut down, seemingly for being too much competition to a corrupt system, a lot of that potential was shut down as well. That’s happened all over the Indian economy.

It is remarkable that Chidambaram is awaiting trial. But the tentacles constricting the Indian economy still reach deep into the system. There are desperate and well-resourced efforts to scupper the cases. This is a crucial inflection point not only for India, but for global balance of power.

If India is freed from the shackles of deep corruption, it could help spread growth and stability beyond its borders. Those fighting corruption in India need all the support they can get: more external media coverage of the issues, cooperation from foreign governments in tracking illegal money flows, more scrutiny of the operations of international financial institutions, and more. If not for India’s sake, then for our own.

Cleo Paskal is Non-Resident Senior Fellow for the Indo-Pacific at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Anoop.G wrote:As a US citizen, I have sold and bought property in 2010 and 2013 with OCI as my only proof of ID and have quoted the OCI# wherever the Adhaar /Pan etc was required. Recently, I used the OCI to get a new cell phone too in India.
If you read the fine print of Indian property ownership, this can be contested. That is one reason many green card holders never surrender passport. This is very strict now adays
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

kvraghav wrote:
If you read the fine print of Indian property ownership, this can be contested. That is one reason many green card holders never surrender passport. This is very strict now adays
OCIs are permitted to buy property, except agricultural property.

It is not possible for a non resident to obtain Aadhaar - it is a resident ID, and by law it requires you to be a resident in India to obtain, and NRIs/OCIs typically won't qualify unless they meet the separate local residency requirement.
jpremnath
BRFite

Post by jpremnath »

Suraj wrote:
kvraghav wrote: If you read the fine print of Indian property ownership, this can be contested. That is one reason many green card holders never surrender passport. This is very strict now adays
OCIs are permitted to buy property, except agricultural property.

It is not possible for a non resident to obtain Aadhaar - it is a resident ID, and by law it requires you to be a resident in India to obtain, and NRIs/OCIs typically won't qualify unless they meet the separate local residency requirement.
Aadhar for NRIs is still not very clear. When the rule came to link PAN with Aadhar, I went personally to the local Income tax office for clarification when i came for vacation. When I told them that since i was an NRI i never took Aadhar, his suggestion was that i better do it or my PAN card will get cancelled. So off i went, took Aadhar and has linked my PAN also.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://theprint.in/opinion/hindi-news- ... jp/420683/
Hindi news anchors such as Rubika Liyaquat and Sayeed Ansari are like Muslim leaders of BJP
India's Muslim anchors of ABP News or Aaj Tak are caught between many identities, unlike Hindu anchors who can be communal off-stage too.

Anyone who stands up to left wing scums are being attacked, called out, ridiculed and even egged on by Islamists to attack them physically
asraghu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by asraghu »

CRamS wrote:
mappunni wrote:
We need a jirga for North Texas BR enthusiasts.
Yes my friend, its high time. Lets get through this lock down period for another couple of weeks and then plan
I am game in for a north texas (DFW) meet.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

jpremnath wrote:Aadhar for NRIs is still not very clear. When the rule came to link PAN with Aadhar, I went personally to the local Income tax office for clarification when i came for vacation. When I told them that since i was an NRI i never took Aadhar, his suggestion was that i better do it or my PAN card will get cancelled. So off i went, took Aadhar and has linked my PAN also.
The letter of the law is that Aadhaar requires proof of residency in India, i.e. 182 days out of the previous 12 months. The lack of clarity is a question of enforcement and not the law itself. A visiting NRI would not qualify, but one returning and renewing his/her residency would qualify.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

kvraghav wrote:

Laws extremely clear around OCI. Except for voting and purchasing agricultural properties, there is complete/equal parity between resident Indian citizen and an OCI holder. Including purchase of properties, investments etc...
jpremnath
BRFite

Post by jpremnath »

Suraj wrote:
jpremnath wrote:Aadhar for NRIs is still not very clear. When the rule came to link PAN with Aadhar, I went personally to the local Income tax office for clarification when i came for vacation. When I told them that since i was an NRI i never took Aadhar, his suggestion was that i better do it or my PAN card will get cancelled. So off i went, took Aadhar and has linked my PAN also.
The letter of the law is that Aadhaar requires proof of residency in India, i.e. 182 days out of the previous 12 months. The lack of clarity is a question of enforcement and not the law itself. A visiting NRI would not qualify, but one returning and renewing his/her residency would qualify.
I made it quite clear to those chaps in the Income tax office (no less!) that I am here for vacation and I need a clarification on the requirement of Aadhar. To be honest, I dont think those guys really had a clue. They even admonished for taking so long to take Aadhar and wanted me to take one at the earliest. If you see the application form, they are not really asking specifically whether you are an NRI or not.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Suraj wrote:
Proof of residency is only needed if you are not an Indian citizen but an OCI holder etc. right? If you have an Indian passport they don't ask for any proof of residence. Doesn't matter if you have been residing elsewhere for years.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

nachiket wrote:
Suraj wrote: The letter of the law is that Aadhaar requires proof of residency in India, i.e. 182 days out of the previous 12 months. The lack of clarity is a question of enforcement and not the law itself. A visiting NRI would not qualify, but one returning and renewing his/her residency would qualify.
Proof of residency is only needed if you are not an Indian citizen but an OCI holder etc. right? If you have an Indian passport they don't ask for any proof of residence. Doesn't matter if you have been residing elsewhere for years.
Aadhaar has technically nothing to do with citizenship. By law, for an Aadhaar card you have to be a resident for tax purposes, i.e. resident for 182 days in the past 12 months. Thus a foreign guest worker on a work visa resident in India is eligible but an NRI visiting briefly is not. That's how the law is. But enforcement and awareness of law are another matter.

In general we are quite weak at anything involving transnational diaspora. Should it be improved ? Of course. Is it an urgent political imperative ? Not really. I'm not sitting pretty thinking it's someone else's problem. It affects me firsthand because pretty much all of the concerns listed affect me or my immediate family directly. Cannot get a visa for a particular western country because by their law I'm a citizen there ? Check. Child with (multiple) non-Indian citizenships and OCI who cannot travel now ? Check.

I should be up in arms, but I've seen enough that I don't care. It's a measure of policy urgency (or the lack of it) that even in 2020, India does not have biometric passports, something almost all of the major countries have issued for at least 10-15 years now. It's been 'coming soon' for 5 years at least.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Suraj wrote:It is not possible for a non resident to obtain Aadhaar - it is a resident ID, and by law it requires you to be a resident in India to obtain, ...
Can we say that aadhaar is roughly equivalent to Social Security Number of the US or is that not quite right?
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

The 182 day requirement to apply for Aadhar was waived for Indians last year.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Suraj wrote:It is not possible for a non resident to obtain Aadhaar - it is a resident ID, and by law it requires you to be a resident in India to obtain, ...
Can we say that aadhaar is roughly equivalent to Social Security Number of the US or is that not quite right?
Thats correct technicallly. However, due to lack of a citizenship record it cannot determine who can and cannot utilize government services. We need NRC right now.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

asraghu wrote:
CRamS wrote:
Yes my friend, its high time. Lets get through this lock down period for another couple of weeks and then plan
I am game in for a north texas (DFW) meet.
Yes Saar let’s gather as many folks. Not sure what the ideal location would be Plano, Frisco or Irving?
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Mort Walker wrote:
CRamS wrote:
Tejas is open now.
Tejas is always open for business. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

mappunni wrote:
asraghu wrote: I am game in for a north texas (DFW) meet.
Yes Saar let’s gather as many folks. Not sure what the ideal location would be Plano, Frisco or Irving?
I am interested too. Will make the drive from Memphis for first BRF meet.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/bihar-g ... ull-story/
15 year old Hindu boy sacrificed in masque in Gopalganj Bihar.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Looks like West Bengal has finally geared up to take back the state's people from other parts of India. My only hope is that, this also should be taken as an opportunity to weed out Bangladeshi nationals.
Bengal to arrange 105 trains for migrants to return over one month
From the report - "Schedule includes 27 from Kerala, 17 from Maharashtra and 10 from Tamil Nadu".
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Most of these will be BDs. I do not see non-BDs in KL and TN.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

another has been, a sickular congi mama with the liberandu crowd pleasing demands.

What's with the constant dhimmitude. :mrgreen:

why not take from church and mosque or is their moolah out of bounds for electoral gains

#Stimulus.@PMOindia Govt. must immediately appropriate all the gold lying with all the Religious Trusts in the country, worth at least $1 trillion, according to the #WorldGoldCouncil. The gold can be borrowed through gold bonds at a low interest rate. This is an emergency.PC

— Prithviraj Chavan (@prithvrj) May 13, 2020
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

south delhi/lutyens delhi/south mumbai woke liberalism chetakji..the same that turns a blind eye to azad maidan protests..these folks are beyond redemption...he may not even have a pulse on what happens in dongri or dharavi..
prasan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by prasan »

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonboImaging ... 5160370177
From Tonbo Imaging
. With mass cancellations of key defence procurements,
@PMO
india's call for #AatmaNirbharBharat isn't quite starting in the govt corridors. Here's our urgent plea and open letter to
@narendramodi

@HMOIndia

@DefenceMinIndia

@SpokespersonMoD

@NorthernComd_IA

@makeinindia

@minmsme
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Many locally owned small and medium businesses have shuttered doors due to debts and credit crunch. So technically you're already in negative territory as far as local products. Then there's an issue of rules of the game change with govts in power. Only time will tell if BJP would return at state level to keep things moving. Modi announcing stuff hardly does anything without bureaucracy in line and competent state gov't. Returning of Yogi in UP would be a real test in new way of conducting elections if this Wuhan virus doesn't go away. There are no Indian players in the market on everyone's phone to prevent election manipulation thru WhatsApp, YouTube, tiktok, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

yogi has done good work on ground..law and order has been good broadly despite of CAA, lockdown and RJB..folks in UP recognize this. They tell that situation would have been far different had yogi not been on ground. But then those are BJP supporters. CAA has made me wonder if Muslim women still remember 3T..lets see..I havent heard adverse things about wuhan virus handling in UP. Otherwise BJP has other states.
csaurabh
BRFite

Post by csaurabh »

Make in India doesn't work because govt babus ( and Indians in general ) don't believe that Indians can produce high quality goods.
Their belief is not based on some anti-nationalism but rather every-day observations that the quality of manufacturing of Indian goods is absolutely pathetic compared to imported products.
The quality of our goods and services is pathetic because of absence of R&D mindset in India.

Indians are talkers not doers. They would rather write paens on Swadeshi for decades rather than put their minds at work and figure out how to cost effectively manufacture high quality items in India.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Missing presence on mobile phone apps area clearly showcases many weaknesses.

Zee's Sudhir had brought up this subject of potential new ways of elections.

https://youtu.be/Z9kFUiU2D3I

Btw, has GoI issued any words regarding journilst like Sudhir being threatened by islamic followers?
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

I think we are missing the fundamental point here for make in india. Manufacturing is a service unless done for export like China. India do not have a core industry which can support service like manufacturing and drive the demand. The only such core industry as of now is IT and govt Jobs. In any other European country, food based industry is this core industry. India has to keep the high end jobs here that is design. Unfortunately our lust for foreign company goods have moved the high paying design jobs outside and kept the low paying screwdriver job and IT coolie jobs here. We are just cost centers. This will hit us big time as we keep buying the grand Innovas and Fortuner but wonder why no one buys the goods that our companies produce. Out workforce demand is less after 40 years because there is no need for high experience since we do not design anything. This is another reason why the people in their thirties are spending less because they know, many of them will be out of job when they are in forties. just we have to remember this when we buy the foreign company products even though they are manufactured here.
Sumair
BRFite

Post by Sumair »

shravanp wrote:
kvraghav wrote: If you read the fine print of Indian property ownership, this can be contested. That is one reason many green card holders never surrender passport. This is very strict now adays

Laws extremely clear around OCI. Except for voting and purchasing agricultural properties, there is complete/equal parity between resident Indian citizen and an OCI holder. Including purchase of properties, investments etc...
OCI holders CAN buy agricultural land. I did quite a bit of research on this. The law specifically states that OCI holders cannot “acquire” agricultural property. It does not say that OCI holders cannot purchase agricultural property. But OCI holders are permitted to inherit ancestral agricultural property. So then law does not prohibit all forms of acquisition. I spoke with a retired judge for clarification and he was of the opinion that the term “acquire” implies to government grants of agricultural land. I have purchased several agricultural properties over the years without any problem.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ArjunPandit wrote:south delhi/lutyens delhi/south mumbai woke liberalism chetakji..the same that turns a blind eye to azad maidan protests..these folks are beyond redemption...he may not even have a pulse on what happens in dongri or dharavi..
sirji,

today's prithviraj is trying hard to complete the unfinished agenda of ghazni

What an irony
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

We need to stop blaming babus for all our failures, at the end of the day the buck stops at the big man, babus are are are easy fall guys to hide your own incompetence.

In defence, last 6 years were spent signing one import-giri deal after another, which will will be paying off for the next few years to come, and with the fund crunch there wont be any money for new investment on indigenous platforms. I'm sure Roos (and our other daddies) will be pretty hard hit due to the pandemic and wont let go of our family jewels either during economic downturn.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Not true we signed a lot of Indian orders in the last 6 years. Import giri orders have come down
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

India's SC proves that it has gone bonkers once more.

Certainly doesn't care about Indian citizen's health. What happened to the father of nation and his stand on alcohol?

Alcohol consumption offends so many religions. Especially the Islam. Indian SC is anti Islam.

Let's start listing past interventions of SC in various areas.....

There should be a petition to force SC to list its own frivolous interventions.
Supreme Court fines a petitioner who sought closure of liquor shops, says such frivolous petitions stem from lack of work

Advocate Prashant Kumar had approached the apex court with the petition seeking closure of liquor shops which are allegedly flouting social distancing norms.
https://www.opindia.com/2020/05/supreme ... k-of-work/
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

chetak wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:south delhi/lutyens delhi/south mumbai woke liberalism chetakji..the same that turns a blind eye to azad maidan protests..these folks are beyond redemption...he may not even have a pulse on what happens in dongri or dharavi..
sirji,

today's prithviraj is trying hard to complete the unfinished agenda of ghazni

What an irony
this is where a robust nationalist media plays a role. The problem in our country is that outlets like Op India, Swarajya, Zee, Republic have come of an age in last few years only and being part of the prior eco system they were heavily tarnished. the role played by social media on fake narratives of islamophobia
and the giving voices to silent majority can't be ignored and bringing them together can't be ignored.
The fact that in certain cases 'community' is used and other cases religion is used was a revelation to me after i came on BRF/social media. The problem still is that the eco system is not sufficiently credible & aligned and like say Fox is. Nationalist folks like us hidden behind anon handles to protect our jobs doesnt help either. Further, the BJP lot who has a lot of thought clarity but not the articulation clarity or shashi tharoor style swag and global acceptance is also problematic.

For me the worrisome sign is the rot in our universities and woking up of their minds by fb pages like scoopwhoop, AIB, EIC and pseudo media houses like lallantop .

As Ulanbatori ji, wondering if he's still around, mentioned about reagan's approach of benefit/berkeley bums along with J Hoover like guy to screw them badly. The closed we had is AD in recent times. There are lot of fires. Perhaps we need MARD and YAN to lead us through this decade for neutering->defanging ->dismantling->eliminating this evil system. these guys have lot of skeletons under their cupboards and that needs to be unearthed like the NGOs have been strangulated.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

abhik wrote:We need to stop blaming babus for all our failures, at the end of the day the buck stops at the big man, babus are are are easy fall guys to hide your own incompetence.

In defence, last 6 years were spent signing one import-giri deal after another, which will will be paying off for the next few years to come, and with the fund crunch there wont be any money for new investment on indigenous platforms. I'm sure Roos (and our other daddies) will be pretty hard hit due to the pandemic and wont let go of our family jewels either during economic downturn.

after the transfer of power, some landmines and cancers from the loot focussed britshit raj were never diffused or removed by proper swadeshi treatment.

we should have had a purge like any normal country would have had to flush out the poisonous remains of the raj and yet even today we remain foolishly deluded and glorify this monstrous evil that tried to wipe us out as a civilization.

But for people like bose, savarkar, and many others, the INA and overwhelmingly decisive factor of the millions of then recently demobbed Indian soldiers, fresh from the trenches of WWII who had recently, at the time, just been repatriated back to India and knew more than a thing or two about modern warfare, all these things scared the living daylights out of the raj and the scrambled to leave India while their brown coolies and house negros were deliberately handed the reigns of power to the Indian state. Again it was virtually one single man who resolutely upset the entire britshit game plan by unifying the princely states and prevented the much anticipated breakup of the Indian state that the britshits were so eagerly waiting for.

With the exceptional use of the atom bomb, had a war for Indian independence broken out in India after WWII, no bleddy country in the whole bleddy world have been able to contain it and that is why the cowardly britshits ran for their white lives, leaving behind coconut quislings and traitors, brown babuz and their house negro political masters, who were deliberately passed on the reigns of power to the Indian state.

we have all policing done today by strictly following the letter of some purpose built colonial laws, hizzoners who are more about privilege and power and less about the laws.

pray tell, what exactly is a collector collecting in democratic India of today and why hand him such unbridled power and why, more often than not he is mostly under the thumb of the politicos or has the britshit political agent of yore simply changed color from white to brown.
A resident or political agent was an official of the East India Company (and after 1813, the British Government), who was based in a princely state and who served as part-diplomat, part-adviser to the native ruler, and part monitor of activities in the princely state.
BTW, this resident or political agent was also an accomplished thief who knew very well how to line his own pockets on a grand scale, in exchange for good reports to the governor general, who himself was an even bigger thief, on an even grander scale.

The one remnant of the raj that was forced by emerging circumstances to almost immediately from 1947 onwards change its character, intent, and focus from serving the queen to serving the Indian republic is the Armed Forces and they have been all but sidelined from the power structure of the state by vacuous babuz who do the dirty work for their politico masters and have benefited enormously from doing this.

The Indian Armed Forces changed so rapidly primarily because of the perfidy of some of their foreign chiefs who not so quietly worked with their paki foreign chiefs counterparts to undermine the Indian state during the cashmere operations.

so the termites were outed and booted and nationalistic, organic and loyal Indian leadership took root because the politicos simply had no options left to scuttle this integral entity of the newly formed govt and the country as well.

didn't clowns like neverwho and krishna menon and others from the erstwhile ICS not try their utmost to sabotage the IA, by insolently riding roughshod over it and doing their worst to undermine the emerging and nascent leadership and providentially, spiraling circumstances on the borders ensured that they failed and failed miserably.

the big man is doing his best despite the deep state of the remaining brown skinned britshits and house negroes doing what long ensconced termites do.
Last edited by chetak on 15 May 2020 21:13, edited 2 times in total.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

In other news, former Congress Chief Minister of Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan has essentially asked for the government to "borrow" Hindu temple gold under the guise of fighting the Covid-19 crisis:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n ... 53seO.html

Does anyone have any doubts that had there been a Con-gress government at the Centre, this would be more of a "confiscate" rather than "borrow" with the Supreme Court nodding benevloently?

For people who slam Modi for not doing enough, this is what awaits if BJP goes.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://www.news18.com/news/india/neith ... 21919.html
Will this be the beginning to stop this 'minority rule' and will other states get into the act and stop peacefuls from troubling people.
But what will the S Court say : Don't if a LeLi will file a review in SC!!