India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

idan
BRFite

Re: India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

Post by idan »

This was first reported few months back and now it seems got over the line when the enemy attack is imminent. We claim to build a range of missiles but not MANPADs

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 620736.cms
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

nishant.gupta wrote:
pankajs wrote:Show me another Chinese camp as hapzard as this one or even close. And they have very neat tents & camps just back of this jumble!!! There is hardly any straight lines here which is very unlike Chinese camps.

Why are the Chinese acting so differently in just 100 meter?
Could be because of two reasons:
1. The ground is not flat enough to have a straight line campsite.
2. The intention is not to hold it for long and hence no point in trying to break rocks and level the field.

If the second is true, it either means that they have come with intention to go back and are just saber rattling or (a more dangerous option) they are expecting India to open fire due to events elsewhere along the border and they are only setting up this defensive position to try and prevent them from crossing LAC.
1. Forget the straightline campsite, even the walls like structure is crooked all over the ledge.
2. The empty space towards India look flat enough to me. The ledge may not be perfectly leveled but military tents/boxes are usually square or rectangular.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Larry W," Ghost who walks", war is politics by other means,old saying. You're quite right about XI wanting to teach Namo a Nehruvian lesson.I've been saying it long before the Mahabalipuram meet. China cannot tolerate India as an equal rising Asian and global power,why it consistently vetoes our UNSC and NSG membership,while all the other major powers have welcomed us too the high table. China's intense jealousy oof India,a far more ancient culture, the origin of several of the greatest religions in the world, greatest architecture of the ancient world where they have nothing to compare with our temples,Taj,etc. Atheist China cannot stomach India being the homeland of the Buddha,which has spread and reached all over Asia and the Far East,immensely popular too. India's rise in every sphere especially as a democracy unlike China's autocracy will eventually prove to be more attractive to the global community,resulting in China's decline and the fall of the CPC and its leadership. Like the Nazis,it has to keep conquering and subjugating lesser nations for its diabolic racist ideology to sur ive.

This conflict has yet to begin. The last clash at Galwan was only the overture of this tragic opera. The curtain is yet to open. Indications even from open source info indicate thalt a countdown is on.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

pankajs wrote:
nishant.gupta wrote:
Could be because of two reasons:
1. The ground is not flat enough to have a straight line campsite.
2. The intention is not to hold it for long and hence no point in trying to break rocks and level the field.

If the second is true, it either means that they have come with intention to go back and are just saber rattling or (a more dangerous option) they are expecting India to open fire due to events elsewhere along the border and they are only setting up this defensive position to try and prevent them from crossing LAC.
1. Forget the straightline campsite, even the walls like structure is crooked all over the ledge.
2. The empty space towards India look flat enough to me. The ledge may not be perfectly leveled but military tents/boxes are usually square or rectangular.
Are we absolutely sure this is theirs and not ours?
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

The Chinese will stay for as long as there is no escalation from the Indian side. India will not escalate but they will by moving 100m or so into the Indian areas wherever possible. They are a goddamned nuisance, is all.

Chee, Chee.
Xi, Xi.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The thing about Galwan is that even if they Chinese agree to withdraw across the LAC, they are not leaving the area.

Just like in Doklam, they are going to build and consolidate on their side of the LAC waiting to push into Galwan valley on our side.

Now, we have another place where we will have our neighbours window next to ours.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Indian path to the top of the ridge-line over looking the Chinese side.

IA now has to be careful .. there are other locations along the ridgeline that the Chinese too can approach. better to get on all those before the Chinese make a rush for them and don;t underestimate the Chinese on this count. I have seen them make some very awkward paths.

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1276061645731594240
Nathan Ruser @Nrg8000

New details of the satellite imagery from June 22nd also show another curious feature, a new patrol route from the forward Indian base to the ridgeline that marks the LAC. Spare a thought for any soldier needing to climb that hill!
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

ks_sachin wrote:
Larry Walker wrote:I have no military background, but I think that numerical superiority that attacking force requires to target am enemy sitting on the leak is precisely because the enemy sitting on the peak has view of all approach axis and can reorient their fire towards the axis of advance - so to overwhelm you got to approach from all axis and hence 10:1 or whatever the ratio. Galwan valley slopes are very steep - which means that IA cannot fight moving from position to position as movement on the slopes and across ridge lines is almost impossible under fire. Secondly, the Chinese attempting to hit DSDBO road will not try to climb the slope and directly attack the India positions on the top - their intent is to rush to the Shyok confluence. In this scenario - few or handful of fixed defences much higher than the valley floor will not have much effect in stopping them, and if the defensive positions are lower and nearer to valley floor, then they are as much lin-of-sight to Chinese as to Chinese are to them. And this is where their 105mm T-15 will come in as Infantry support.
Till the Galwan Valley bit absolutely correct.

After that you need to think.

Here is something to chew on. Would you use tank in a valley? What does the defender need to do to stop the advance?
Also as a defender what threat will you face knowing that you will be targeted before any offensive through a constricted channel.

I understand what you are saying - and I think you are right - and that is the reason one cannot see any Indian positions on the cliffs. You should not be standing over the debris when you trigger a land-slide yourself :D :D
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

Now Zee is hyperventilating that the buildup done by India in Leh/Ladakh is more oriented towards recapturing Gosthana !!
nishant.gupta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishant.gupta »

pankajs wrote:Indian path to the top of the ridge-line over looking the Chinese side.

IA now has to be careful .. there are other locations along the ridgeline that the Chinese too can approach. better to get on all those before the Chinese make a rush for them and don;t underestimate the Chinese on this count. I have seen them make some very awkward paths.

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1276061645731594240
Nathan Ruser @Nrg8000

New details of the satellite imagery from June 22nd also show another curious feature, a new patrol route from the forward Indian base to the ridgeline that marks the LAC. Spare a thought for any soldier needing to climb that hill!
This confirms the Aroor statement yesterday that Indian Army has positions at elevations and removing these camps will not be an issue when needed.

Guess all the chess pieces are falling into place.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Larry Walker wrote:Now Zee is hyperventilating that the buildup done by India in Leh/Ladakh is more oriented towards recapturing Gosthana !!
What bakwas! Zees and such should keep them selves to facts and not extrapolate.

OTOH, As I & others have written before, from the Chinese POV, DBO/Depsang plain makes for a perfect launchpad for blocking G219 just as it emerges from the Kun Lun range on to the Aksai chin plateau. At that point there is no way to bypass that chokehold for hundreds of kilometer on either side.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

Guys simplest explanation of chinese haphazard camp is - the did this hurry! What else - they had just days or hours to reposition in conflict area - they made whatever in hurry.
samirdiw
BRFite

Post by samirdiw »

idan wrote:This was first reported few months back and now it seems got over the line when the enemy attack is imminent. We claim to build a range of missiles but not MANPADs

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 620736.cms
See the look on those faces. Like students spending all the time away not preparing for the exam that was previously postponed multiple times and at the last minute trying to cram stuff to get passing marks and hoping that this time also it gets postponed!
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Philip wrote:..
Atheist China cannot stomach India being the homeland of the Buddha,which has spread and reached all over Asia and the Far East,immensely popular too.
Perhaps different people either come to India for R&R or for stability in place of origin, so as to say.

Anything else is just cacaphony. Which primarily means that as Indians we should not take things for granted. Things must be tough for good people out there so why waste resources otherwise.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Larry Walker wrote:
ks_sachin wrote:
Till the Galwan Valley bit absolutely correct.

After that you need to think.

Here is something to chew on. Would you use tank in a valley? What does the defender need to do to stop the advance?
Also as a defender what threat will you face knowing that you will be targeted before any offensive through a constricted channel.

I understand what you are saying - and I think you are right - and that is the reason one cannot see any Indian positions on the cliffs. You should not be standing over the debris when you trigger a land-slide yourself :D :D
Problem with a landslide is that it limits the freedom of our movement as well. Also to trigger a landslide we need to vacate the heights yes. Also what is the rock formation like? Is it easy to trigger a landslide that can block the valley floor?

If I was defending the valley against a Armd thrust would I not just knock off the leading elements thereby providing the enemy a logistical nightmare if they want to continue the attack
Would that not be easily achieved by having AT assets at select points?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Pile up a few lead tanks and rest will get blocked. Plus with tanks lined up behind there is no way to clear the path when under direct enemy fire..

While the valley is about 30 meters wide, that is only for foot traffic. For Other kind of traffic it would be narrower and easier to block.

The good thing about such location is that there is no other nearby bypass that can be used to continue the armour attack. Near perfect choke point with about 3 km long narrow corridor on the Indian side.
Last edited by pankajs on 25 Jun 2020 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Also in the narrow valley our Arty boys will have a field day no?
By now they will know the coords for maximum damage like the back of their hand. It will be a turkey shoot.
Why do we even need the heights?
That is not a rhetorical q by the way.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

https://twitter.com/SJha1618/status/127 ... 22466?s=19
Closer to strategic DBO, China opens new front at Depsang, moves in 18 km into the Indian side of the line of actual control by reaching the bottleneck known as Y-Junction, says @SushantSin in the piece.

https://t.co/DyH4bzdLmY

This news coupled with the other news piece that Chinese army "vehicles" have reduced in Galwan valley gives me a feeling that they are ready to push forward. The earlier equipment of Chinese in Galwan valley upto PP14 was all civil construction equipment. Now that the road is built - they are moving out non-fighters and contractors as it is a possible area of conflict. Just my fears.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

pankajs wrote:^^
Pile up a few lead tanks and rest will get blocked.

While the valley is about 30 meters wide, that is only for foot traffic. For Other kind of traffic it would be narrower and easier to block.

The good thing about such location is that there is no other nearby bypass that can be used to continue the armour attack. Near perfect choke point with about 3 km long narrow corridor on the Indian side.
Prescicely so why have we been dhoti shiveri these last few pages.tating to read.
The thing is it is a bit like Yes Minister.
We know our options and they know theirs.
We also know their options and they know ours.
We know that they know and vice versa
We know that they know that we know and vice versa...

So then comes down to what is the strategic objective and what price they are prepared to pay...
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Larry Walker wrote:https://twitter.com/SJha1618/status/127 ... 22466?s=19
Closer to strategic DBO, China opens new front at Depsang, moves in 18 km into the Indian side of the line of actual control by reaching the bottleneck known as Y-Junction, says @SushantSin in the piece.

This news coupled with the other news piece that Chinese army "vehicles" have reduced in Galwan valley gives me a feeling that they are ready to push forward. The earlier equipment of Chinese in Galwan valley upto PP14 was all civil construction equipment. Now that the road is built - they are moving out non-fighters and contractors as it is a possible area of conflict. Just my fears.
Larry do you seriously think that at this point in time we will let them waltz in?
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

ks_sachin wrote:

Larry do you seriously think that at this point in time we will let them waltz in?
We have an Armd brigade there I think.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

ks_sachin wrote:Also in the narrow valley our Arty boys will have a field day no?
By now they will know the coords for maximum damage like the back of their hand. It will be a turkey shoot.
We are always assuming that when a thrust comes in - there is no support or arty behind it !! If we are shooting arty - they also have arty and gunships and drones etc. It's too simplistic to assume that it's only Armor just rolling in and no supporting infantry or arty fire with spotters and drones and no area suppression weapons being fired from their side !!
nishant.gupta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishant.gupta »

Novice by all standards hence could be a completely foolish thing that I say below....but

I dont think the Chinese plan to take offensive action from Galwan valley. If we can understand the issues of an armored formation coming from there, the Chinese can too. I think they plan to use this place for two purposes:

1. Defend so that we are not able to move forward and enter COK and become a threat / use it as leverage for future negotiations and

2. Give us something more to think about since the road to DBO passes around 5 kms away (within mortar range?)

IMO this means one thing. Chinese plan to go offensive and they plan to do it fast. (assuming this camp was made in hurry for a reason - our Biharis made sure that the timelines went awry)

I have no doubts that our boys are well entrenched and well equipped to deal with these Han warriors but assuming that the other two are the purposes, I cannot understand what other option the Chinese had except to set this place up in the valley short of a full fledged attack on the Shyok junction which they cannot sustain in this place due to the reasons already stated above.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

ks_sachin wrote:

Obviously not. But how the heck is this even apparently true? Everyday a new kind of news of ingress. This cant be true?!?!?!?!?!.!!!
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Larry Walker wrote:
ks_sachin wrote:Also in the narrow valley our Arty boys will have a field day no?
We are always assuming that when a thrust comes in - there is no support or arty behind it !! If we are shooting arty - they also have arty and gunships and drones etc. It's too simplistic to assume that it's only Armor just rolling in and no supporting infantry or arty fire with spotters and drones and no area lsuppression weapons being fired from their side !!
I am assuming we are talking only Galwan and the threat to the DBO SSN Road.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

YashG wrote:
ks_sachin wrote:
Obviously not. But how the heck is this even apparently true? Everyday a new kind of news of ingress. This cant be true?!?!?!?!?!.!!!
Think about itJha is saying that they are 18 km in our territory - not the disputed territory. If true and if then the cat is not amongst the pigeons we deserve what we get!
Last edited by ks_sachin on 25 Jun 2020 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

nishant.gupta wrote:Novice by all standards hence could be a completely foolish thing that I say below....but

I dont think the Chinese plan to take offensive action from Galwan valley. If we can understand the issues of an armored formation coming from there, the Chinese can too. I think they plan to use this place for two purposes:

1. Defend so that we are not able to move forward and enter COK and become a threat / use it as leverage for future negotiations and

2. Give us something more to think about since the road to DBO passes around 5 kms away (within mortar range?)

IMO this means one thing. Chinese plan to go offensive and they plan to do it fast. (assuming this camp was made in hurry for a reason - our Biharis made sure that the timelines went awry)

I have no doubts that our boys are well entrenched and well equipped to deal with these Han warriors but assuming that the other two are the purposes, I cannot understand what other option the Chinese had except to set this place up in the valley short of a full fledged attack on the Shyok junction which they cannot sustain in this place due to the reasons already stated above.
Even I think all the construction in Galwan valley is convert it into a viable threat axis. If all the engagement is happening just in Galwan valley then it is a slaughter for Chinks. But with their current deployment, DSDBO is within mortar range and IA always has to guard this axis very solidly as Chinese may anytime try a breakthough deploying superior numbers during a wider conflict.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

No way they grabbed more 38000 sqkms, the bulk of the territory snatched in 1959-1962 is in this area, he is just being sensational- Moving 18km from G219 inside Aksai Chin in this area will not be anywhere near the LAC, if its IB they will be on G219.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

I think we have gone into the hypothetical of planning offensive defensive ops in Galwan
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

ks_sachin wrote:
YashG wrote:
Think about itJha is saying that they are 18 km in our territory - not the disputed territory. If true and if then the cat is not amongst the pigeons we deserve what we get!
Well it could be disputed but then it should be us grabbing the disputed territory why everytime the Chinese. Once Chinese have the disputed territory - its their. Now dispute is on papers and the new LAC is now redefined. Even grabbing disputed territory cant be okay.
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamSuresh »

Why do we assume that GoI will authorise grab of any territory in Tibet.

Inspite of umpteen provocations by Pakistan, and a stronger balance of forces against Pakistan, we haven't grabbed any territory publicly in the west. What makes the eastern border so special that we will do exactly the reverse?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Man. In 2020 a writer leaves a lot to the imagination of the reader when he could have provided a simple map and communicated the message far better than words.

Khichadi.

Where is Shri Rajnath?
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The Chinese have frankly done us a favor by capturing till Finger 4. Unless our adversary kick us, we don't learn.

Too much "chalta hai" attitude among our policy makers and MoD. No reforms of procurement process, nor real effort towards building MIC. Services only wants imports and DPSU screwing up whatever we build locally.

Along with this allowed the Chinese to completely dominate our economy and manufacturing.

Now there is a sense coming that we could be facing a 2 front war in real. If the Chinese pull back, I am willing to bet that it will be back to "status quo" in GoI & MoD.

I want the Chinese keep holding the area, so that the thorn is always reminding us of our "status quo" habit. :roll:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:Show me another Chinese camp as hapzard as this one or even close. And they have very neat tents & camps just back of this jumble!!! There is hardly any straight lines here which is very unlike Chinese camps.

https://twitter.com/detresfa_/status/12 ... 7520841728
Here is a contrast enhanced zoom in to help further examine the area, offered without comments
Forgot to add a one bit last time ...

The Pink/Red <<whatever>>. Does it look like a roof in any sense? Does it cover anything or is it lying on the ground ...

Just to compare ... Nathan Ruser has upoaded this photo to prove that the <<thing>> on the Galwan triangle is a roof.
https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1275825174965661696
Some sources are saying that these tents in the OP image are Indian, not Chinese.
https://twitter.com/StratNewsGlobal/sta ... 2251410433

Let me show you a photo of Chinese tents in Pangong,
and Indian tents in Galwan.
Which one do they look like?
Even tent roof made of Tarpaulin are are stretched tight like in the above while @ the Galwan PP-14. the <<Tarpaulin>> seems bunched up and lying on the ground a if it had been washed up there.
Last edited by pankajs on 25 Jun 2020 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Vivasvat
BRFite

Post by Vivasvat »

pankajs wrote:

https://twitter.com/detresfa_/status/12 ... 7520841728
Forgot to add a one bit last time ...

The Pink/Red <<whatever>>. Does it look like a roof in any sense?
The pink patches may just be lens flare. The structure beneath the pink patches can be easily seen. It looks more like discoloration.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

A lot of puzzle pieces fall in place if you read above IE article posted by NATO with Shiv Aroor map I posted last night. Will post more tonight but big picture - Bottleneck is confirmed as apex of Shiv Aroor triangle that shows location of Chinese camps. Bottle neck is to its west. Big confirmation that all of Depsang plains under Indian effective control. Rest is info warfare
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

nam wrote:The Chinese have frankly done us a favor by capturing till Finger 4. Unless our adversary kick us, we don't learn.

Too much "chalta hai" attitude among our policy makers and MoD. No reforms of procurement process, nor real effort towards building MIC. Services only wants imports and DPSU screwing up whatever we build locally.

Along with this allowed the Chinese to completely dominate our economy and manufacturing.

Now there is a sense coming that we could be facing a 2 front war in real. If the Chinese pull back, I am willing to bet that it will be back to "status quo" in GoI & MoD.

I want the Chinese keep holding the area, so that the thorn is always reminding us of our "status quo" habit. :roll:
Agree ..

Additionally, every politico thinks he brings some special to the table and he would be able to turn the tide with his handling of the issue. Modi though he understood the Chinese more than any of his predecessors. Thus Modi allowed the Chinese to dominate our economy without getting anything in return, thinking that once they were embedded, their animosity would fade away.

He got played by the Chinese and he knows it. Modi's one trait is that he does not forget when people try cutting him to size. The Chinese just have made that play and Modi is not going to forget that.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

nam wrote:The Chinese have frankly done us a favor by capturing till Finger 4. Unless our adversary kick us, we don't learn.

Agree.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Y I Patel wrote:A lot of puzzle pieces fall in place if you read above IE article posted by NATO with Shiv Aroor map I posted last night. Will post more tonight but big picture - Bottleneck is confirmed as apex of Shiv Aroor triangle that shows location of Chinese camps. Bottle neck is to its west. Big confirmation that all of Depsang plains under Indian effective control. Rest is info warfare
which article?
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Conduct of Chinese side along LAC is reflective of complete disregard to existing agreements: @MEAIndia

https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1276141491824418816