India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

Rs_singh
BRFite

Re: India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

Post by Rs_singh »

SuryaG let me try to answer that question in two ways:

1. The short answer to where the LAC lies depends on the local TACCOM and where he defines his AOR lies.
2. Before I give the long answer, just a few thoughts about some previous comments:
- Even if you get the world's best equipment today, it will not help you in this conflict. equipment requires training, deployment, working out an engagement envelope, tactics, coordination - all of which take time. not to mention, maintenance and everything associated with that. As Gen Malik said a long time ago "we will fight with what we have".

- "After the end of the 1962 war, the line held by the Indian side became the LAC". This is incorrect. This line became the CCL or the Chinese Claim Line. After, the 1962 war, the Chinese withdrew in most areas to their previously held lines. This line became the ICL or the Indian Claim Line.

- Word on the duration of the standoff. Standoff are like a pendulum. The advantage is at first with the defender and overtime shifts away to the attacker and then back to the defender. This is however only true if ALL else is held constant. There are several variable at play, such as, logistics, maintenance, training, equipment, and most importantly political WILL.

I digress. now back to the long answer about the LAC:
I have pieced together this information from several historical records, primarily British but also Indian and a few textbooks on the 62 war:

in 1899 a first formal proposal was sent by the British to the Chinese - " a line of hills running roughly east-west and dividing Akshai Chin proper on the northern side from the Lingzi Tang salt plains to the south" This proposal left the whole of karakash valley, a trade route and an ancient source of jade and almost off al Aksai chin proper to Chinese. However, it left on the Indian side th lingzi tang salt plain and the whole ChangChenmo valley as well as the Chip Chap river farther north." This proposal was sent to the Chinese imperial court in Canton but a response was never received. over time, in the absence of a response and considering Russia's souther push coupled with Chinese weakness, the British legitimized this claim. Also, the Chinese always claimed that Aksai Chin was part of Sinkiang and not Tibet. The British forced the Chinese to accept Aksai Chin as part of Tiber primarily because of a treaty with Russia to treat Tibet as a buffer and thus if Aksai Chin was part of Tibet, it would be free of Russian influence and presence. The primary driver being to keep Russia as far away from Indian plains as possible.

Another funny anecdote: a British official in 1844 noted "the two great goats of Britain and China are co-terminus here and this is the nearest route by which the produce of the north west provinces of china and of the eastern province of tibet and Tartary could be brought to British dominoes. This wedge of territory was known as Tawang"

An inner and outer line was established with the definition broadly being - the outer line was to extend to the Tibetan side of the mountains and patrols would be sent though no permanent position would be established. An inner line was to established on the Indian side of the mountains and no tax would be collected beyond the inner line.

This post is getting too long. I will post more later. Very interesting things are coming to light - such as Tawang was accepted as being part of Tibet but since Tibet became a British protectorate, Britain effectively controlled Taiwan (and by logic later this would fall to India). However, even in British times and after 1947, when either government established at first a temporary but later a permanent military presence, a protest was lodged by Tibet to indicate a violation of its sovereignty.
Rs_singh
BRFite

Post by Rs_singh »

Roop wrote:
Rs_singh wrote:This would have happened even if we were standing on the border feeding EN candy!!!
Who / what is "EN"? Enemy.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

NRao wrote:The real LAC is where each side last physically maintained control (Not patrolled or claimed it on a map). It is a line in the sand. Which can be shifted as either side deems fit. Maps mean nothing unless one side has the power to enforce it on the ground. So, the Pangong Tso bout goes to China. Only until India finds a response - if India wants to (absence of a response means nothing).
Very well stated. While we were patrolling like we used to do in the 50s, Chinese built roads and infra. Sorry but we are ages behind, and the change on the ground reflect that. No wonder they didn't share their maps - there was too much of a "difference in perception". They lulled us into a feeling of comfort by letting us continue our patrols which they viewed with benign neglect. If we think Galwan valley was a bad incursion, the entire Burtse-Bottleneck-PP loop is well inside their controlled area (also indicated by wikimapia lines although I know that is not authoritative) and if we were to assert claim on that loop it will be another war. They built a long loop in Depsang plains and how did we match it?

Today is the result of years of neglect. Not pre-1962, but since 1962. Well let's make sure we can claim what we have. I don't doubt that we will fight to keep what we have because we are pushed back to the "wall". In this case a km or two to the DS-DBO road where we have a pucca road to stake our claim, and which is critical to our infra. If that gets nibbled away, then well we will have no business in SSN - which would also mean that our civilization will lose its millennia old land link to central asia FWIW - and for this very reason we will will stay and fight.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Indian Amby to China is very active:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 635266.cms
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

NRao wrote:The real LAC is where each side last physically maintained control (Not patrolled or claimed it on a map). It is a line in the sand. Which can be shifted as either side deems fit. Maps mean nothing unless one side has the power to enforce it on the ground. So, the Pangong Tso bout goes to China. Only until India finds a response - if India wants to (absence of a response means nothing).
Exactly. Up until early May at Galwan the LAC was at PP 14. Today it is at the Y Junction because the PLA is camped there. At Pangong Tso the LAC today is at Finger 4. Just because the PLA has not made a move in a certain sector today does not mean that they have accepted the status quo and LAC in that sector. They could very easily move into that sector tomorrow and claim that as their territory and the new LAC. I would say that India has to be aware that all of Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh are claimed by China.
Arbit
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Arbit »

Hi every one, Thanks for having me here.
RaviB wrote:i think at the moment, the best case scenario for us would be a disengagement. Not because we can't fight now, but because we can fight better in 2 years. There are already significant outcomes, in terms of a clear policy change towards China, knowing who the enemy is and so on.

Time is what we can win, so long as we're serious about planning a war for 2022.
Agree. However the Chinese also realise the same. Once S400 is delivered, the situation will change considerably in our favour. The infra is also being pushed up at significant pace. Aircrafts are being inducted, and what not. I believe the opportunity for us to be the taken as equals on the negotiating table comes after two years.

Problem is Chinese may also have the same opinion and they may/will force our hands this year.

Even if this standoff ends, there will be another, and another and another. So at some point war is inevitable, but let's plan carefully for it.

I think the one country Chinis are seriously afraid of is the USA, and I can't help but think that they timed this entire thing to coincide with the US election fever. In two years, our urgent imports from Russia are here, we'll have time to organise local manufacturing, we'll have planned diplomatic moves carefully and it would be in good time for the 2023 elections.

Right now, we'll fight if we must but we cannot forget that the Chinese have chosen the time and place, we need to be the ones using the Chinese playbook. Prepare first, then provoke their patrols until something happens and eventually go in for a self-defense attack at a place of our choosing. In the meantime, we create a lot of diplomatic drama. Our economy would have disengaged by then too. Hopefully the initernational China-hate would only have gone up by then and they'll have domestic problems of their own. The US president will also be settled in and looking for a Nobel prize by then.

We need to have a carefully coordinated plan, instead of getting drawn into a war we haven't planned for.
Chinese are doing exactly the same to us. Provoking us, hoping we will make the first move. However the smart thing to do is to bide time and make war at the time and place of our own choosing, not when its imposed on us. But if left to the likes of ajai Shukla et al, we must rush head first into everything.
However if there is no option then we will fight and all the preparations on the LAC is to that end only.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

suryag wrote:I dont understand what the eff does LINE OF ACTUAL CONTROL mean ? Basically, we have an understanding of where we were last and where they were last and this is not demarcated on maps. So they could very well accuse us that we were drunk or were lying and we could accuse them of the same. The real LAC is Aksai Hind/Gosthana border, our territory has been grabbed illegally and thats the reality notwithstanding all this LAC BS. The only intention of the Govt should be to get it back, now or later. IMHO now is a good time because for one we will never be ready and the second reason is Covid has slowed down the world economy and you are not in this high growth phase where you are scared of frittering away your wealth. Lets see am keeping my fingers crossed anger inside and relying on Lord Shiva to show the right path to Modi.

Meanwhile, The entire Congi ecosystem seems to have smelt blood and are pushing Modi to react. They know if he doesn't react they finally have one stick to beat him multiple times.
It is complicated, to say the least. The line that India is claiming is established by the Brits in 1865. This is called the Johnson-Ardagh line (surveyed by Johnson and agreed by British Intelligence general Ardagh). This one is based on the line along with the Kunlun mountain range. Then there is Macartney-MacDonald Line that was proposed by MacDonald to the Chinese and surveyed by Macartney. This was in 1900. This line goes along Laktsang mountain ranges. Then there is a Chinese claim line of 1962 from which China withdrew and now the LAC controlled, patrolled, and claimed by both parties. Pre-1962 we did not man the Johnson line and we found out about the G219 road only in 1957. There is nothing that we can hold here except the road. G219 road is the only road that can connect Tibet and Xinjiang during winter. Johnson's line was never manned by the Brits. So it is a mess and we need a political solution. Militarily, we can kick back the Chinese to post 1962 position or hold the G219 road or go all the way to Lhasa. But the Government of the day needs to tell our armed forces what they want and then back them up with necessary men and equipment to do it. I would say we need a lot more conventional forces to reach and hold G219 road in this area. I would also say GOI is not going to provide that. The realistic thing to do is to settle on the Macartney-MacDonald line or something in-between and move on. Chinese are doing all this so that they have the upper hand during the negotiations and we are napping.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

ldev wrote:
Exactly. Up until early May at Galwan the LAC was at PP 14. Today it is at the Y Junction because the PLA is camped there. At Pangong Tso the LAC today is at Finger 4. Just because the PLA has not made a move in a certain sector today does not mean that they have accepted the status quo and LAC in that sector. They could very easily move into that sector tomorrow and claim that as their territory and the new LAC. I would say that India has to be aware that all of Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh are claimed by China.

OT for this thread, but "India has to be aware" needs to be turned on its head: "China has to be aware" is what needs to infiltrate all narratives. And, I think by year-end - thanks to Uncle Xi - it will happen. I bet India will release a balloon that one-China policy was found in the dustbin.

This ride is going to be rather bumpy. Put on your seat belts.

BTW, it seems like articles on this subject matter are already on the decline.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Dr. APR
@drapr007
·
43m
#BREAKING : Earthquake has jolted Ladakh. Magnitude of the earthquake has been measured to be 4.5 on the Richter scale. The epicentre is located 200 km Northwest of Kargil. The epicentre is located 25 km deep within Earth's surface.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

China's incomplete military transformation https://twitter.com/vinayak_jain/status ... 4216834052
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The best way out of this historic claims and counter claims dating back to over a century of "where is the border" is to free Tibet from Chinese occupation. With a free TIbet, India can have a reasonable border discussion or even leave it loosely defined.

If Tibet is lost, a domino effect will kick in. XinJiang will declare independence too. TIwan, Inner Mongolia and a few other regions will follow.

Balkanisation of China is the foundation required for peace in 21st century. But for that, we must first put in an enormous amount of effort to liberate Tibet first and then defend its borders with China. This is something India cannot do alone for military and economic reasons.

An alliance of US, Australia, Japan and Australia will be required, with Russia remaining at least neutral.

Possible in the next decade.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Hello Arbit, welcome to BRF.
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

https://twitter.com/pti_news/status/127 ... 01088?s=21
India hopes China will realise its responsibility in de-escalation and disengaging by moving back to its side of LAC: Indian envoy to China

I still don’t understand why are we waiting and talking?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/i ... 2020-06-25
China has bigger game in mind, it isn't just testing waters: Ex-RAW official Jayadeva Ranade
The manner in which China has brought in its troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) indicates that its aim is more than just to probe and test the waters with India," said former RAW Additional Secretary Jayadeva Ranade on Wednesday.

"It is either a prelude to something else or preparation for some action that they are going to take," said Jayadeva Ranade, who studied the Chinese army for years during his service.

Elaborating upon his observation of the ongoing Sino-India crisis over the LAC in Ladakh, Ranade told India Today TV that by doing what China has already done, it has put India under sustained military pressure.

"By shifting the areas of confrontation along the LAC they will stretch our troops (deployment) and will tire them out before doing something somewhere else," he said.

Ranade was one of the panellists at the evening Newstrack show hosted by India Today TV's News Director Rahul Kanwal.

"I have also noticed activities in the Rudok county which is just across the Chumar and the Galwan Valley and Demchok. Senior Chinese officials had come to Pangong Tso and alerted the officials there to be prepared for a long-term development plan. The entire public administration apparatus of the Rudok county has undergone a three-stage training in armed combat. Besides this, telecommunication links between Tibetan there and Tibetans outside have been cut," Ranade claimed.

He said all these developments should put India on high alert given the fact that this comes at a time when there are talks of disengagement with China.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Such attitude allowed China to dominate LAC all this while and prod and poke India at its will.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis ... 9tAeM.html
Don’t give the military total freedom | Opinion
The violent skirmishes between India and China in eastern Ladakh have been disturbing. Some of the reactions from Indian leaders have also been disturbing. In a civilian democracy, where the armed forces operate under the direction of the political leadership, to announce as the prime minister and defence minister have done, that “the forces have been given complete freedom to take necessary action” is an abdication of political responsibility and opens the door to future crises in the India-China relations and in other possible conflict situations.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

@Rakesh

I am a newbie here - can I post a flight radar path I saved a few days back. I dint want to post it then (I know there is a rule for not posting live action).
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

bharathp wrote:@Rakesh

I am a newbie here - can I post a flight radar path I saved a few days back. I dint want to post it then (I know there is a rule for not posting live action).
If it is an Indian plane, please do not. If it is a Chinese plane, please do :)

Do not post any live (or current) Indian military activity on BRF and welcome to BRF.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

P.S. Even if you personally see something with your own two eyes, please keep that to yourself. Don't post it on BRF or anywhere else online. Humble request.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Very simple. We are in midst of an undeclared war. No need to gloat and reveal Indian positions.

ramana
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

pankajs wrote:Such attitude allowed China to dominate LAC all this while and prod and poke India at its will.

The violent skirmishes between India and China in eastern Ladakh have been disturbing. Some of the reactions from Indian leaders have also been disturbing. In a civilian democracy, where the armed forces operate under the direction of the political leadership, to announce as the prime minister and defence minister have done, that “the forces have been given complete freedom to take necessary action” is an abdication of political responsibility and opens the door to future crises in the India-China relations and in other possible conflict situations.

Shyam Saran, IFS is epitome of Indian Fools Service.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In 1965, Lal Bhadur Shastri did announce the forces have been given complete freedom to act in nation's interest.

That is a PM giving direction.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Last village in south ladakh. Can give the much needed strategic edge to our country. Some chinis globe structure is visible on nearby hill.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

From what I see here, Cyber warfare capabilities of China is not being discussed that often. I am pretty certain that before any war, a massive attack meant to cripple our systems will be launched and will be used to create chaos. I am listing some of the articles detailing how devastating a cyber warfare can be and how important Cyber security is in today's world.

https://www.wired.com/story/cyberwar-guide/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired. ... attack/amp

https://www.wired.com/story/biggest-cyb ... so-far/amp

War will be fought at the borders but we must not forget to defend the Cyber borders too.
Last edited by AshishA on 26 Jun 2020 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

An article from the time of the 2017 standoff
Operation Falcon: When General Sundarji took the Chinese by surprise

PLA’s response in relation to India-China standoff, that India should not forget lesson of history, suggests that the PLA itself may have forgotten some.
https://www.orfonline.org/research/oper ... -surprise/
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rkirankr wrote:China's incomplete military transformation https://twitter.com/vinayak_jain/status ... 4216834052
The fact that the Chinese military commander was switched shows they have problem.

Western Theater, LAC, is quite quiet. And Easter Theater is their active theater: 3 US carrier groups, 1 each from France, Japan are there. Yet the general was shifted and brought his special forces with green uniforms.

And Indian media going crazy shows some coordination.
ramdas
BRFite

Post by ramdas »

ramana wrote:
pankajs wrote:Such attitude allowed China to dominate LAC all this while and prod and poke India at its will.

Shows the grip of nehruvian ideology on these institutions. Unless that is cleaned up, it will one day further degenerate from ``Indian Fools Service" to ``Indian Treason Service"
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Old report from 2011

Last year China objected to India's developmental work in Demchok in Ladakh, close to the border with India. Clearly wary of annoying Beijing, New Delhi has stopped all construction work here.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Ashokk wrote:Russia to Speed Up S-400 Delivery to India Amid China Standoff
India now expects Russia to send the first of five S-400 batteries in 2020 following the Indian defense chief’s visit to Moscow for Russia’s landmark Victory Day parade this week, according to Kommersant. The first delivery was originally scheduled for late 2021.

“If this scenario is realized, then we’ll see the first S-400 at Republic Day in the Indian capital next Jan. 26,” an unnamed Indian military source told Kommersant.

This system will be our silver bullet against our enemies,” they added.

India plans to deploy three S-400 batteries on the border with Pakistan and two with China, Kommersant cited its Indian sources as saying. Russia will reportedly send one S-400 battery per year, with all five expected to reach India by 2024.
They actually used the word silver bullet :roll:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

One thing which seems crystal clear to me at least is that on the LAC if we are really interested in holding onto some piece of land the only way to do that is to build a road to it and a permanent camp. And then defend it at all costs using whatever means available. Any piece of land without such infra or within a short patrol from an existing post can and will be lost to the Chinese eventually.

This is what has happened in the Finger 4-8 area and it seems now in Depsang. Our posts in the finger 4-8 area were far away from the LAC and even now only extend to Finger 3. Meanwhile the Chinese built jettys and patrol routes and bases. Even if we were somehow able to evict them temporarily it is far too easy for them to come back since the location is indefensible for us without the corresponding roads and infra which does not exist. The thing to do now is to hold firm where we are now and disallow any further moving of the LAC by even an inch.

Problem in Depsang is worse since the new Chinese locations are uncomfortably close to the DBO road and DBO itself. I don't see how this particular intrusion can be allowed and I'm unconvinced that the Chinese will let go of it with just talks.

But there needs to be a plan to put an end to this slow westward shifting of the LAC that the Chinese seem to have a decades long plan for. They have used their time well by improving infra and slowly improving their position. Meanwhile, we have permanently deployed large numbers of troops there in case they actually try another 1962. Knowing that it is not possible they changed their tactics long ago to this creeping movement. Our problem is there is no way to use all those troops we have sitting there without starting a full scale war which we may not be ready for. The smart thing to do would have been to counter the Chinese infra buildup and try to permanently occupy the parts of the LAC which were vulnerable. But roads aren't built in a day. Until the current govt. came along we had wasted decades not doing anything on that front and we are paying for that now.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

^^
Demchok: Demchok is very much in India, going by all information. Is it true, though, that there was an older Demchok that was overrun by the Chinese in 1962?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:

+1

The idiot was Foreign Secretary. And he has the nerve to write, "china policy has been left on the shelf?" And idiots in media publish that crap from him without asking, "who exactly failed to develop this China policy you are talking about?"

Obviously military doesn't have a "free" hand in the sense he is talking about, they will always be tools of GoI policy. He knows that the so-called free hand is just the ability to make tactical decisions in kinetic situations like the one of June 15th. Yet he peddles this nonsense.

Unbelievable. Ajai Shukla level uselessness.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Luckily for us balakot happened last year an Pak knows what we will do.

Pak would have launched a terror now, with our forces deployed in East.

We would have just walked in to two front war.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

ramana wrote:

Isn't this guy who was one of the cheerleaders of the 'Mountain of Peace' initiative?
p_ram
BRFite -Trainee

Post by p_ram »

KLNMurthy wrote:
human_sounding wrote:
Towards what end sir? What is the objective that China wants to achieve with this?

One possibility is that there is no calculated "end" as we would understand it that the Chinese are pursuing. It may just be stupid mindless vainglorious triumphalist belligerence on their part.

This is a long article / interview but offers a Chinese "liberal" perspective.

Xiang Lanxin on Wolf Warrior Diplomacy

Thanks, will read it _/\_
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:^^
Demchok: Demchok is very much in India, going by all information. Is it true, though, that there was an older Demchok that was overrun by the Chinese in 1962?
Not all of it is lost. If Modiji can push for construction of an airstrip there, half of the problems will be gone. A few defense systems can change the equation dramatically. That village deserves what ever development we can give.

Don't know why MoD not pursuing it as top priority. Beijing will bit*h I agree. Nothing more. Chinis are not pakis. If we do something bold like that, they might be impressed with our assertiveness.

If war breaks out, much better for us. No need to care for Beijing's feelings in that case.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

@nachiket,

For what you suggest there needs to be *A* road. Actually a network of roads. First.

THAT road or network, on the Indian side, has just come into existence.

Your wishes can now be implemented. It will take some time.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

abhik wrote:
They actually used the word silver bullet :roll:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... 450&src=nl

not sure of their quality control
rpartha
BRFite

Post by rpartha »

Iyersan wrote:https://twitter.com/pti_news/status/127 ... 01088?s=21
India hopes China will realise its responsibility in de-escalation and disengaging by moving back to its side of LAC: Indian envoy to China

I still don’t understand why are we waiting and talking?
Because it is a waiting game... they dont want to fire the first shot and if feasible they will never fire the first shot. That is why what happened on Galwan must have been a shock to them. Without firing a shot they lost 35 or 43 soldiers... this is being compared to Chess not becoz it is a mind game as someone interpreted few pages back... it is about waiting for other to make the move..

To answer the question - why China is doing this? China encahsed the 2008 crisis and became way too stronger... when the world bled during that crash China got stronger... so they want to get stronger even now... India is just one of the country that they have to deal with - HK, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan EU, Japan, US etc and even Nepal all falls into that category. They are expecting something from each one.. If they achieve it, it is well and good. If not, no shame.. they will wait for the next opportunity... they will never tell you why they did what they did.. it's all strategic to them..

Let's make one thing clear- India does not have 1-1 equal parity with China.. we need to be aware.. we have to delay and postpone the inevitable.. and that is why these statements are being made I.e. we are here for the long term - to show that we will not do anything and we are going to be there on a long term basis to force them to show their hand...
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Eye On China Aggression, US Defense Bill Seeks To Include India, Japan, Australia
With an eye on the aggressive Chinese behaviour, the United States's Defense Bill - National Defense Authorization Act for the fiscal 2021 - has sought fighter jet training detachment for India, Japan and Australia in the US Pacific territory of Guam. The move comes six months after the US Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Singapore Defense Minister Ng Eng Hen signed a memorandum of understanding for Singapore to set up a fighter jet training detachment in Guam.

The text of NDAA 2021, for the fiscal year beginning October 1, was introduced in the Senate on Thursday.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Japan makes defense plan with US, Australia, India - report
The Nikkei Asian Review reported that the Japanese Ministry of Defense intends to create a regional strategy with the United States, India, and Australia that will take charge of Indo-Pacific affairs.

The country plans to expand its maritime collaborations to countries other than the US with the aim of reducing China's influence over the Pacific.

Previously, Japan announced it will be cooperating with the US and South Korea on the issues related to North Korea.