Neutering & Defanging Chinese Threat (15-11-2017)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RaviB
BRFite

Re: Neutering & Defanging Chinese Threat (15-11-2017)

Post by RaviB »

KLNMurthy wrote:Read your translations with interest RaviB. Always useful to have a look into the thinking of the aam abdul (how to say it in Chinese?). More please if you can spare the time.
I'm glad to know that you found it useful, then I'll keep adding a views from China thing every once in a while.

Aam Abdul is difficult to translate, so I have a couple of suggestions: the most common first name in the world is Mohammad and the most common last name is Wang so Mohammad Wang should cover the average Joe of the Cheen-Pak axis

Usually when someone doesn't want to tell someone their name, they always say 姓王 xing wang, pronounced shing-waang. That means last name Wang, kind of like Mr. Smith. This would be the formal variant.

What is also common is that they get a fake English name, which they always introduce themselves with (I think us Indians are the only ones who keep our real names and spelling). They can tend to be pretty weird, like Cedric, Dagobert, Tiberius, etc. or just average weird like Cindy and Angelina.

So to acknowledge their wannabe western inferiority complex, I think the best option is Henry Han (Han is pronounced like Haann, not that it matters)
Last edited by RaviB on 05 Aug 2020 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

Suraj wrote: Average Zhou.
This one is brilliant :rotfl:
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

darshan wrote:WTF? 54 MoUs?
China Cries Foul As India Decides To Review Presence Of Confucius Institutes
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/china-cri ... institutes
The Chinese reaction came as reports emerged that the Ministry of Education has begun a review of the presence of Chinese Confucius Institutes and Confucius Classrooms in the nation. These have been established in India in a joint fashion by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) regime backed Confucius Institute and seven Indian universities and colleges.

It should also be noted that 54 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) signed between India and China for inter-school cooperation are also said to be have been taken up for review by the Ministry.
USA Might have way more.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

I have been binge watching youtube videos from gora guys who have spend 10-14 years in China and had to flee the place after the Eleven took over.

Those videos are very enlightening. The guys didn't want their kids under the commie education system and CCP has made life harder for foreigners in China to live and work.

There were interesting details like part of the same families living in mainland and HK being fiercely opposite to each other on the HK issue. You could kidnap people off street right in front of hundreds of other people, no one will intervene!

We should STOP thinking the Chinis will not fight. Their sense of superiority means they will fire the first bullet. Have to be seen, when and on whom.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

RaviB wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:Read your translations with interest RaviB. Always useful to have a look into the thinking of the aam abdul (how to say it in Chinese?). More please if you can spare the time.
I'm glad to know that you found it useful, then I'll keep adding a views from China thing every once in a while.

Aam Abdul is difficult to translate, so I have a couple of suggestions: the most common first name in the world is Mohammad and the most common last name is Wang so Mohammad Wang should cover the average Joe of the Cheen-Pak axis

Usually when someone doesn't want to tell someone their name, they always say 姓王 xing wang, pronounced shing-waang. That means last name Wang, kind of like Mr. Smith. This would be the formal variant.

What is also common is that they get a fake English name, which they always introduce themselves with (I think us Indians are the only ones who keep our real names and spelling). They can tend to be pretty weird, like Cedric, Dagobert, Tiberius, etc. or just average weird like Cindy and Angelina.

So to acknowledge their wannabe western inferiority complex, I think the best option is Henry Han (Han is pronounced like Haann, not that it matters)
Great, can we create a BRF standard? Maybe a vote?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

chetak wrote:
Global Times@globaltimesnews·19h

Chinese netizens appeal to #India to stop stirring up anti-China sentiment with false and exaggerated statements, after Indian actor-producer #AjayDevgn announced to make a movie about the border clash between #China and India in the #GalwanValley. https://bit.ly/30tpNqR
Is this really off the official gobar times feed ? Clearly GoI is conducting very good policy if this is the kind of feedback offered by Gobar Times.
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

KLNMurthy wrote:
RaviB wrote:

Great, can we create a BRF standard? Maybe a vote?
I think Henry Han and Average Zhou are both good choices
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

^^^^^^

Please don't implicate all friendly people of Taiwan, and the ethnic Chinese in Malaysia, Singapore, etc. by "Henry Han" or "average Zhous".

I suggest "Kom-Red Chang"
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Actually the word 'Zhou' embeds the meaning that the person is a mainlander. Taiwanese prefer to spell it Chou, as far as I know. The two of them use different Romanization/transliterations - you can often tell from the English spelling used whether the person is mainlander or Taiwanese. RaviB should know more about this.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

RaviB wrote:
Suraj wrote: Average Zhou.
This one is brilliant :rotfl:
So, can we say “median ming”? Aam abdul has nice alliteration. Would like something similar.
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

^ something like the "Typical Tong" or "Common Cheng" or...

The " Many Mao's" and the "Profuse Ping", the " Sundry Tsu" and the "Diverse Deng".

Fortune cookie: ban coming my way from the Many Mandrins who run the site.
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

RaviB wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: Great, can we create a BRF standard? Maybe a vote?
How about Chota Han or Mota Han. Or even Chouhan. :mrgreen: (Zhouhan)
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Every once in a while I just like to remind people that this book exists.

https://twitter.com/MattSchrader_DC/sta ... 89184?s=20
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Kati wrote:^^^^^^

Please don't implicate all friendly people of Taiwan, and the ethnic Chinese in Malaysia, Singapore, etc. by "Henry Han" or "average Zhous".

I suggest "Kom-Red Chang"
Komred Kang (to get the alliteration right): This can be for the CCP members (like the RAPEs of the Western neighbors)

For the Abduls/Ayesha equivalent:
Suzie Shao for the non-CCP women

Larry Lin for the non-CPP men
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Suraj wrote: Is this really off the official gobar times feed ? Clearly GoI is conducting very good policy if this is the kind of feedback offered by Gobar Times.
Yes here is the link for Tweet :

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/sta ... 13185?s=19
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Another round of purge is in works ..

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/comme ... ina-121727
Operation cleanup in China
President Xi Jinping has undoubtedly been unnerved by the persistent criticism — including by senior communist cadres and ‘princelings’ — aimed at him since late 2017 when he abolished term limits for senior posts, and which intensified with the outbreak of the coronavirus epidemic. Crucial to his efforts to diffuse, if not eliminate, opposition is ensuring the loyalty of China’s ubiquitous public security apparatus that has a presence throughout the country down to each village and urban neighbourhood. After effecting some personnel changes in the Ministry of Public Security (MPS) over the past two years, replacing a total of nine ‘leaders’ and recently establishing a powerful new security body, Xi Jinping has turned his attention to ensuring the loyalty of the apparatus.

This July, he unleashed a severe year-long ‘rectification’ campaign, which will receive impetus from a commentary in the latest issue of the flagship party theoretical fortnightly ‘Qiu Shi’ (seeking truth), which called for ‘protecting’ the Central Committee (CC) which is the ‘core’ of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), with Xi Jinping at its ‘core’ and ‘protecting’ his position. These are now referred to as the ‘two safeguards’. The campaign’s focus will be on weeding out ‘two-faced’ cadres on charges of violation of party discipline and corruption. It is apparent that the ‘loyalty’ of many in the security setup continues to be doubted.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

On BBC discussion : Japan not averse in the long run to go Nuclear has >40 tons plutonium stocks
Right wings groups asking for nuclear deterrent as they feel Unkil may not save them from Cheen!!!
And all this on 75 years after Hiroshima bombing!!
Is it the Britshits crying wolf or the Japs really worried of Unkil leave them high and dry when the time comes!!
Add to this NoKo nuclear bogey
Interesting times ahead
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Rsatchi wrote:On BBC discussion : Japan not averse in the long run to go Nuclear has >40 tons plutonium stocks
Right wings groups asking for nuclear deterrent as they feel Unkil may not save them from Cheen!!!
And all this on 75 years after Hiroshima bombing!!
Is it the Britshits crying wolf or the Japs really worried of Unkil leave them high and dry when the time comes!!
Add to this NoKo nuclear bogey
Interesting times ahead
Japan should be truly worried about China, if they want to be a great power again they should become self reliant.
If China takes some islands from Japan they cannot expect US to send its forces to retake the lost territory.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

XPosting from India's foreign policy thread, in response to EAM Dr S Jishankar's recent article in the press
India and the emerging world: The impact on the global order of China’s rise will be visible over the next generation

With all due respect to EAM Jaishankar whom I like a lot, I think he is wrong in his analysis of China, in a fundamental way.

They have certainly increased the size of their economy, pulled 100s of millions of Chinese out of poverty, by becoming the sweat shop for a developed world that thrives on deficits and whose people spend wampum credit money on cheap gadgets and goods.

The whole world knows China & the CCP has used its economic prosperity to fudge their numbers, oppress their own population, rankle their neighbours, cheat in business, steal IP, have little respect for a rules based international conduct, siding with teerrorist nations like Pak & Iran, coersive diplomacy, corrupting global institutions like WHO. They have overfished the Pacific & the Atlantic waters to lifelessness, have destroyed flora and fauna in their country, polluted their lands like there is no tomorrow... the list of misdemeanours and crimes is endless !

If the USA and NATO had treated Chinese communism like they had treated Russian communism, China would be no where today.

What are China's contributions to the world? No scientific discoveries I can think of, no philosophical, intellectual, social contributions, no largesse in international disaster recovery and humanitarian aid, no technological innovations that truly matter. No cultural contributions either in terms of writers, poets, cinema, music, arts. The only notable contributions in recent times seems to be Corona and other viruses.

They have erased their own cultural roots many times over and have no civilisational awareness despite how frequently our eminently intellectual Jaishankar keep reminding them of it, both tirelessly and needlessly. Thats why Jaishankar's discussions with China are fruitless - words mean nothing when definitions and frames of reference are not the same. A moralising discourse goes nowhere with a China that lacks a basic moral compass. Expecting an ingrained liar to keep his promises is foolish. Respecting and expecting respect from a miscreant who has no value system is delusional. The Ladakh standoff negotiations are a telling demonstration of this.

China's World Power image is pure bluff taking up the space vacated by an aimless America, a decadent Europe, a slumbering India, a festering Middle East and an ever toddling Africa.

China being a "global power" is a carefully constructed and orchestrated CCP con job everyone seems to be walking into by default. Its nothing but a house of cards, one has to just muster courage and blow at it to make it collapse.

And India must do it, starting NOW, for its own sake.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Agree with Amar. India must start yesterday. We need to build industries, IP, and take a closer look at dumping practices of bullies like China.

The biggest challenge for India will be creating Brand India and standing behind it with pride. The centuries of colonial rule that placed power in the hands of traitors that later became feudal lords and propagated the myth of our inferiority for their own benefit. This is imprinted in our mindset and decades of freedom and education have not eradicated it. Perhaps it was the rule by Congress where leaders like JN were seduced by the British to continue with more of the same.

India needs an industrialist as a PM or a FM. Someone that has experience in building things rather than destroying them. A person such as this would know a thing or two about GOI excesses on the MIC too and could take the procurement mafia on to actually be AtamNirbhar in place of mere sloganeering or lip service.

India also needs to rebuild its Police system - from a technology illiterate institution with poorly trained, corrupt thugs to well trained and well equipped, fit personnel.

This is not the time to continue with JN or IG's policies. The time to change is now.If we get left behind this time, it will be too late. Rabindranath Tagore's beautiful poem is so apt for today's India:

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

It feels great that India was the catalyst which caused this mayhem for the fortunes of Chini Company :rotfl:
I'm loving itttttttttttttt

TikTok: Time's running out for ByteDance's billionaire boss Zhang Yiming
AFP Last Updated: Aug 06, 2020, 04:49 PM IST

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... content=23
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Now, Japan is considering a ban on Chinese apps
1 min read . Updated: 29 Jul 2020, 11:51 AM IST, Prasid Banerjee

https://www.livemint.com/technology/tec ... 29772.html
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

Suraj wrote:Actually the word 'Zhou' embeds the meaning that the person is a mainlander. Taiwanese prefer to spell it Chou, as far as I know. The two of them use different Romanization/transliterations - you can often tell from the English spelling used whether the person is mainlander or Taiwanese. RaviB should know more about this.
Yes, Suraj ji is correct. the spelling Zhou is only used in the PRC, so automatically rules out HK, Taiwan, etc... Its pronunciation is somewhere between Jou and Chou (same-same as Chou En-Lai), so a nice counterpart to "Average Joe".

Henry Han was because of the Han supremacy in the PRC combined with inferiority complex. plus the alliteration. On the other hand, the use of an English name is even more widespread in Taiwan, so maybe we should use something else

Comrade Red would be a possibility, though I think they aren't very communist.

There's no common first name, so we will have to work with a last name of which there are a 100.

Mango Mao?
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

rajpa wrote:
RaviB wrote:
How about Chota Han or Mota Han. Or even Chouhan. :mrgreen: (Zhouhan)
We obviously can't use Chouhan as an epithet
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

Aam Dragon. Too cute perhaps.
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

Comrade Zhou?
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Hu & Jin? or Hu & Li (saves bandwidth)
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

So much for the overland route vs Sea route to Europe.

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1291589366796582912
Nathan Ruser @Nrg8000

In 2015ish China and Kazakhstan spent $260mil on the "new Dubai" dry port in Khorgos, that will be the central node for the BRI's land routes into Europe.

Since 2018 the yard for shipping containers has never looked more than 5% full.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

It is not China & Kazakistan spend.. it is only Kasakistan spend with interest. There is no loss to the Chinis..

The Chinis are giving out loan in the name of OBOR. The biggest example is the one on our west..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:So much for the overland route vs Sea route to Europe.

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1291589366796582912
Nathan Ruser @Nrg8000

In 2015ish China and Kazakhstan spent $260mil on the "new Dubai" dry port in Khorgos, that will be the central node for the BRI's land routes into Europe.

Since 2018 the yard for shipping containers has never looked more than 5% full.
one wonders where is the market for such a huge dry port to service post COVID and also, post the growing wave of pent up resentment that is now starting to build against the hans.

It won't be long before some sort of US sanctions regime, unofficial though it may be, is announced.

I think that trump "withdrawing the US from its global leadership role" may have been just to lull the hans into speeding up their OBOR/BRI investments, especially in a downward trending economic situation.

the hans cannot continue to flex their military muscles so forcefully anymore, especially when their economic clout is being significantly erroded in multiple markets, almost on a daily basis.

Their internal situation is not so great either.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

When is the appropriate time to open "Tibet" card?

I think, if China succeeded in bringing forth "Kashmir" in UN, it would have been great. Modi would have opened the "Tibet" card. Modi needs a kick in the ass, then only he will do something.

I am not asking to take military action against China, just tell the facts... India has sovereignty claims over Tibet, we need our post offices in Lhasa to be reopened, our Embassy to be reopened in Lhasa... We need to send the Tibetans living in exile in India back to their homeland and we should demand autonomy for Tibetan government in exile. Let Han give diplomatic support to Tibetans from outside the Tibet. Let China show Tibet as part of China in maps, but vacate the Tibet immediately.

There's no place for PLA in Tibet. India will guard it's side of border with Tibet and Tibetans will guard their side of border. No need for PLA.

PS: on introspection, it would be a bad idea to rake up "Tibet" as a reaction to China succeeding diplomatically against India with respect to Kashmir. It will diminish the real cause of "Tibet" problem. We need to raise the "Tibet" issue independent of any provacations from China. India has sovereignty over Tibet as much as China has over Tibet. In fact, we can make Tibet as the mountain of peace (or plateau of peace) between India and China.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

@chetak, I'm in agreement here. Let chinese over extend as center of earth and that could be the strategy. Then pluck them openly and see how chinese public reacts to thrashing. Many chinese specific weapons are still in pipeline and haven't been deployed so allow them to over extend till then. End of the day it's all about ability to collect the debt. Countries can always just point to virus damages and not pay anything. Nothing but act of God (Xi).
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

amar_p wrote:XPosting from India's foreign policy thread, in response to EAM Dr S Jishankar's recent article in the press
India and the emerging world: The impact on the global order of China’s rise will be visible over the next generation

I think he is wrong in his analysis of China, in a fundamental way.

They have certainly increased the size of their economy, pulled 100s of millions of Chinese out of poverty, by becoming the sweat shop for a developed world that thrives on deficits and whose people spend wampum credit money on cheap gadgets and goods.

The whole world knows China & the CCP has used its economic prosperity to fudge their numbers, oppress their own population, rankle their neighbours, cheat in business, steal IP, have little respect for a rules based international conduct, siding with teerrorist nations like Pak & Iran, coersive diplomacy, corrupting global institutions like WHO.

If the USA and NATO had treated Chinese communism like they had treated Russian communism, China would be no where today.

What are China's contributions to the world? No scientific discoveries I can think of, no philosophical, intellectual, social contributions, no largesse in international disaster recovery and humanitarian aid, no technological innovations that truly matter. No cultural contributions either in terms of writers, poets, cinema, music, arts. The only notable contributions in recent times seems to be Corona and other viruses.

They have erased their own cultural roots many times over and have no civilisational awareness despite how frequently our eminently intellectual Jaishankar keep reminding them of it, both tirelessly and needlessly. Thats why Jaishankar's discussions with China are fruitless - words mean nothing when definitions and frames of reference are not the same. A moralising discourse goes nowhere with a China that lacks a basic moral compass. Expecting an ingrained liar to keep his promises is foolish. Respecting and expecting respect from a miscreant who has no value system is delusional. The Ladakh standoff negotiations are a telling demonstration of this.

China's World Power image is pure bluff taking up the space vacated by an aimless America, a decadent Europe, a slumbering India, a festering Middle East and an ever toddling Africa.

China being a "global power" is a carefully constructed and orchestrated CCP con job everyone seems to be walking into by default. Its nothing but a house of cards, one has to just muster courage and blow at it to make it collapse.

And India must do it, starting NOW, for its own sake.
Completely Agree with Amar. With One Caveat that Xi is doing all these things intentionally with ultimate aim to Emerge As pre-eminent Super Power.

Our Whole Engagement with them is based on wrong premise. Our Babus & Foreign minister are actually misleading themselves & are refusing to see obvious reality.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Instead of writing about how oppressive communists don't allow freedom to use any app for communicating.....

What about xi cutting off chinese from rest of the world by having only chinese apps and firewall?
Trump cutting off WeChat would be a devastating blow to some Chinese families in the U.S.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/trump-b ... ilies.html
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Now if Taiwanese would also jump in to mop up then it would be great. Don't want Koreans to enjoy all. Indian companies should think about taking over laggards like LG, ASUS, or HTC if Google wants to dump them.

Or set up to open platform like OnePlus and grow from there.
South Korean Major Samsung Dethrones Xiaomi To Lead Overall Mobile Phone Market In India
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/south-kor ... t-in-india
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Micromax, Karbonn , Lava and others seem to have all but disappeared. Would ideally like to see some Indian co fill that space, but that looks like a distant dream.
I foresee all remaining Indian Television manufacturers to also go belly up soon.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

RaviB wrote:
Mango Mao?
:D. Just saw that you beat me to it!
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Should not insult any fruit, vegetables, insects, etc. by associating with them.

Better would be to associate their bad habits, cultural ethos of backstabbing, destruction of environment, lunacy, etc.

Something based on cigarette butts?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Cold_Peace_/status/ ... 4751221766
Foreign Minister-level COVID-19 pandemic video call. Similar to the earlier "Quad-Plus" pandemic response calls but -Japan/Vietnam, +Israel/Brazil.

Australia
India
US
+
Brazil
Israel
South Korea
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Cold_Peace_/status/ ... 5417794560
From @samirsaran : For China, "the 100 year [marathon] ends tomorrow. They want it now. The 100 year marathon that was built into fables is not ending in 2049...I think Xi wants it all now."
Xi wants his name written in golden letter in China's history. He therefore is in a hurry to make China the preeminent power during is term as president.
.@samirsaran: "The Indian political class is being dragged by public opinion. This is something new....The luxury the Indian mandarins had of space to make foreign policy may no longer be with them. The mood on the street is going to shake elite consensus on foreign policy."