2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by dinesh_kimar »

^ Ok.

I think for various different reasons Shri PVNR is a revered personality on BRF, and so many people cannot be wrong.

Accepting the wisdom of the crowd, and let's move on to other topics.
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

chetak wrote:meanwhile, Prithviraj seems to have surfaced once again.
:mrgreen:
The seniors also did their bit, keeping the Resignation letter pending for such a long time.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

dinesh_kimar wrote:
chetak wrote:meanwhile, Prithviraj seems to have surfaced once again.
The seniors also did their bit, keeping the Resignation letter pending for such a long time.

this is what the terrorist calls it

and so, the "authorities" say all is forgiven, come home.
My ‘innocuous dissent’ was seen as act of ‘treason’: #ShahFaesal on quitting politics
http://hindustantimes.com/india-news/my ... WD8vM.html
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjay raut and his propaganda sena :mrgreen:

this also explains why the thackerays' did not get an invitation for the bhumi pujan.

Ayodhya: The disingenuity of Shiv Sena leaders; then and now

Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut is being disingenuous in claiming that it took only 17 mins for the Sena to bring down the Babri Masjid just like Bal Thackeray had when he claimed credit for it’s demolition

Ayodhya: The disingenuity of Shiv Sena leaders; then and now
Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut is being disingenuous in claiming that it took only 17 mins for the Sena to bring down the Babri Masjid just like Bal Thackeray had when he claimed credit for it’s demolition

Sujata Anandan
25 Nov 2018,

Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut is simply being disingenuous in claiming that it took only 17 minutes for the Sena to bring down the Babri Masjid.

I have written this in my book, "Samrat: How the Shiv Sena changed Mumbai forever, " but for those who missed the story, here goes it again. I was a young reporter working for a national wire service then and on Sunday duty on December 6, 1992. My bureau chief had asked me to pay close attention to the news reports from Ayodhya - he was thinking of riots, not the demolition of the Babri Masjid: with lots of Muslims in Faizabad, communal clashes between them and the saffron forces were not to be discounted.

I was standing near the teleprinter machine when the flash arrived, "Babri Masjid demolished by Shiv Sainiks, says BJP leader Sundar Singh Bhandari."

I wasted no time. I was immediately on the phone to Bal Thackeray. I could sense Thackeray was flummoxed as he fumbled for a reaction and asked me to call him back in 20 minutes as he called Saamna, the Sena mouthpiece, to confirm the news. When they did and I called him back, he said “Well, if my Shiv Sainiks have brought down the mosque, I can only be proud of them.”

In my relative inexperience at the time and excitement at getting Thackeray to comment on the event, I forgot to notice the significance of the qualification “if" and failed to ask him to clarify. So that was how his reaction went out – I can only be proud of my Shiv Sainiks if they have brought down the mosque.

Now Thackeray, as was his wont, was claiming credit where it was not his and being disingenuous himself. He was initially flummoxed because he knew no Shiv Sainik was present in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992. Leaders like Manohar Joshi, Sudhir Joshi and Pramod Navalkar had indeed made their way to Ayodhya. But with a large congregation of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and senior BJP leaders already there, all the accommodation in hotels and guest houses were already taken. They were asked to camp out in tents pitched on some grounds and that they found insulting. They called Thackeray and he ordered them back to Mumbai instantly for he too felt the BJP was not giving his senior party leaders their due and treating them like ordinary workers.

There were riots and the Srikrishna Commission was set up to probe them in Mumbai and the Lieberhans commission and the Allahabad High Court summoned Thackeray to ascertain his party’s role in the demolition

These leaders boarded the next train back to Mumbai and were on a halt in Calcutta that Sunday. It was the era before mobile telephones and Thackeray found it difficult to get through to them. But it did not really matter whether or not they could confirm their absence from Ayodhya for Thackeray had a habit of seizing on issues that he thought would give him electoral benefits even if he had nothing to do with them.

This was the beginning of the rise of Hindutva and Thackeray had already run out of steam on the regional Marathi manoos card he had been playing until then. He knew he needed something more all-encompassing than just the Marathi manoos vote. Hindutva was that “something more", so he jumped on the opportunity to claim credit for a hand in the demolition of the Babri Masjid knowing it to be patently untrue.

But then there were riots, the Srikrishna Commission was set up to probe them in Mumbai and the Lieberhans commission and the Allahabad High Court summoned Thackeray to ascertain his party's role in the demolition. Now one thing that Thackeray was afraid of was the judiciary and being thrown into prison again. He had been thrown into jail once before for his party’s involvement in the 1969 anti-South Indian riots in Mumbai and the experience terrified him. He failed to answer the summons and appointed a battery of high profile lawyers to get him out of a personal appearance.

By then I had moved from the United News of India to the Indian Express in Mumbai and as the Srikrishna hearing got underway, I recounted what Thackeray had told me on December 6, 1992. A furious Thackeray called me the next morning to say I had misquoted him.

“No, I have not, Balasaheb,”I told him. “You may not remember me from the time I was a nameless, faceless reporter working for UNI but it was I who called you that evening for your reaction and you asked me to call back in 20 minutes as you ascertained from Saamna if UNI had really put out that flash. They told you PTI had too and then you gave me your reaction. You didn’t deny it the next day so why are you denying it now?”

Thackeray well remembered the events and had the good grace to deny it no further. But he asked me to come over to Matoshree and, when I did, he abused BJP leaders in the most colourful language I had heard until then. ‘They did not have the guts to acknowledge their role in the demolition and blamed it on me. I am afraid of no one or nothing (though he was of the courts) so I accepted the blame. But my Shiv Sainiks never touched that mosque,”

I told him then that he needed to make a more public statement than just to a reporter for the denial to have better impact. Thackeray did precisely that a few weeks later at a rally at Shivaji Park, saying, "That halkat (b@$tard) Sundar Singh Bhandari did not have the guts to face the consequences so blamed my Shiv Sainiks, etc” and neatly wriggled out of his predicament.

When the Srikrishna commission indicted Thackeray, Mumbai Bajrang Dal president Shankar Gaikar called me to ask why he was getting all the credit for the demolition, “I was on top of the dome and helped to bring down the dhancha with my men. If there was a single Shiv Sainik there, I am willing to give my life for it.” Thus confirming Thackeray's denial was truer than his original claim.

But now Thackeray is no more and the threat to him from the judiciary is past. Hindutva is on the rise again and the Shiv Sena has run out of issues for the next elections. Therefore, Sanjay Raut is firing a shot in the dark again. Who knows where it might lead his party and the country?

(This column was first published in Lokmat Times)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

It's now certain that he has some really damning evidence in the sushant singh rajput case

Smita Deshmukh @smitadeshmukh

Holy shit...Lokmanya Tilak.2020! Watch till the end
Arnab in full cry
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

amar_p wrote:Setting up a business is not charity aimed at generating employment. Primary motive is profit, and nothing wrong with that. In fact altruist business models never stand on their feet and survive.

But arguing that I'm setting up a business that will generate employment therefore I should get a better/special treatment is not tenable. What next? Exemptions from labour laws? Health & safety standards? Fiscal & tax incentives ? Rescue packages if the business fails to save "employments"?

That said, we can go many miles to improve ease of doing business.

As a start, is it possible to lease space in an industrial park instead of going through this pain?

On the application process:
The problem is not whether the permit should be given but how long it takes to prosecute to even know the outcome. It would be very valuable to know ASAP if the application is accepted/rejected and the grounds for rejection if any rather than going through unnecessary processes.

This allows the businesses to look for alternatives. It's lost opportunity which is not as big an issue in competing economies.

The same holds for the legal system. The judgement need not be just and perfect but at least there should be ONE so that people can move on. Something a bank or financier or an underwriter can bet on in their lifetime. the slowness of procedure is a crime in itself and causes loss.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Sunjuy Dutt diagnosed with lung cancer and flying to USA
Can he get VISA after conviction/ or on parole
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

I think that the entrepreneur wants to set up an industry on his own plot of farming land. For convenience and cost benefits.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Its now Bangalore's turn to burn . Peaceful mobs set a local MLA's house ablaze, and then proceeded to set fire and destroy the area police station, dozens of cars and properties belonging to Hindus. Apparently what set them off was a post on FB by the nephew of a local Congress MLA on prophet. Few things to note : This was a well planned and well orchestrated riot. Many in the peaceful community have been getting phone calls from unknown numbers to mobilize for a struggle towards "aazadi", so it has all the hallmarks of a ISI operation. I guess the original plan was to set fire in all the cities using CAA fig leaf, but then the covid hit and poured ice water on their plans. Now with the start of Ram Mandir construction, they are once again trying to kick start the stalled plan.

Instead of criticizing the rioters and coming to the aid of one of their own, Congress instead has criticized the OP of the Facebook post ! The congress MLA who lost his house was seen shivering in fear for his life.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar wrote:Its now Bangalore's turn to burn . Peaceful mobs set a local MLA's house ablaze, and then proceeded to set fire and destroy the area police station, dozens of cars and properties belonging to Hindus. Apparently what set them off was a post on FB by the nephew of a local Congress MLA on prophet. Few things to note : This was a well planned and well orchestrated riot. Many in the peaceful community have been getting phone calls from unknown numbers to mobilize for a struggle towards "aazadi", so it has all the hallmarks of a ISI operation. I guess the original plan was to set fire in all the cities using CAA fig leaf, but then the covid hit and poured ice water on their plans. Now with the start of Ram Mandir construction, they are once again trying to kick start the stalled plan.

Instead of criticizing the rioters and coming to the aid of one of their own, Congress instead has criticized the OP of the Facebook post ! The congress MLA who lost his house was seen shivering in fear for his life.

the guy is an ex JDS and present congi MLA from Pulikeshi Nagar.

It looks like any trigger will be used for the pre planned provocation and incitement before the Independence day celebrations on 15 Aug
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Many in the peaceful community have been getting phone calls from unknown numbers to mobilize for a struggle towards "aazadi", so it has all the hallmarks of a ISI operation. I guess the original plan was to set fire in all the cities using CAA fig leaf, but then the covid hit and poured ice water on their plans. Now with the start of Ram Mandir construction, they are once again trying to kick start the stalled plan.
There is zero need for any ISI in all this since a large portion of the peace loving community is already well past the deep end and no chance of any recovery
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

True ISI is also making whatsapp calls from harvested phone numbers to evade our intelligence agencies. I also got a whatsapp call from a Pakistani phone number but didn't pick it up. They then messaged and urged me to visit a link which I promptly deleted as it could be loaded with malware.

These encrypted apps are a big headache for Indian security. Atrocious fake news gets circulated to radicalise youth of certain community. Needs to be countered.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

chetak wrote:
dinesh_kimar wrote:

this is what the terrorist calls it

and so, the "authorities" say all is forgiven, come home.
My ‘innocuous dissent’ was seen as act of ‘treason’: #ShahFaesal on quitting politics
http://hindustantimes.com/india-news/my ... WD8vM.html
Will it be the turn of Kannan Gopinathan's turn, now? Secularism demands it.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

sum wrote:
Many in the peaceful community have been getting phone calls from unknown numbers to mobilize for a struggle towards "aazadi", so it has all the hallmarks of a ISI operation. I guess the original plan was to set fire in all the cities using CAA fig leaf, but then the covid hit and poured ice water on their plans. Now with the start of Ram Mandir construction, they are once again trying to kick start the stalled plan.
There is zero need for any ISI in all this since a large portion of the peace loving community is already well past the deep end and no chance of any recovery
It was delhi yesterday and Bangalore today. And later it will be some other city in India. The question is however what are we going to do about it? Are we still going to doubt the reality? And pretend everything will be okay?

If we don't even recognise the threat, we will become history like all those other pagan religions became. Thus, I would ask the gurus here, what can be the solution to this? Beyond UCC, NRC etc.

These are some the solutions I would propose.

Firstly, it's time to outlaw the madrassa system. Then we need to impart training from childhood about the need to be faithful to the motherland. First Nation, then religion. Just like Macaulay did with us and turned us into colonial clerks which we still can't shake off till now. We need to do the same to the peaceful community and turn them into Indic suporters from childhood. May be even have a Indian version of Quran. Thus, in general one nation one education system will help in making this happen. No more nonsense of minority institutions.

Secondly, the glorification of Mughals need to be wiped out from our history books. They need to be vilified. The peaceful community needs to be reminded from childhood that it was the foreign invaders like Turkish Mughals who killed their ancestors, converted them forcibly and inflicted more atrocities than they did on Hindus themselves. So the peaceful community needs to redirect their anger against the supporters of Mughals. Aka Pakis, Saudis, Iranians and Turks. Not against Hindus.

Thirdly, we need to discontinue the Urdu and Arabic language. They need to die out. Speaking in local languages of their state needs to be encouraged. These foreign languages aren't even useful unlike English.

Fourth, who are this Saudis, Iranians and Turks to lead Islam? Weren't they the ones who chased to kill prophet's family and his family sought refuge in India? Isn't the oldest mosque in India? So why should Indian Muslims listen to those (and their slaves aka Pakis) who betrayed the prophet? All of them were desert savages while Indians were the light of the world. So this inferiority complex against these desert savages is silliness at its best. Indian Islam is the only legitimate Islam while others are pretenders.

Fifth, will be govt control over mosques. And their religious teachers need to be employed by the govt and teach what's prescribed by the Govt. No more teaching of Ghazwa e Hind wet dream. Nor the textbooks which is a carbon copy of the one found in Pakistan.

Sixth and last point will be the ruthlessness of the state. Anyone who even tries to throw a stone will have his house destroyed and properties confiscated. Threatens his Hindu neighbours? Police treatment while in detention. Throws a petrol bomb? Picks up gun or any weapons? A bullet each. You can protest but you have no right to destroy things or kill people. If you do that you can say goodbye to your life.

I would like to know what the Gurus think of this. Is it feasible? Practical or impractical? Please do share your thoughts.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

^^ Not a guru and these are good suggestions but impractical imho. We had to wait 6 years under Modi rule just to get RJB and hindu temples are still under gormint control. Good luck trying to outlaw the madrassa system.

I'd settle for freeing the hindu temples in the next 5 years just so the hindus atleast have a fighting chance.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

m_saini wrote:^^ Not a guru and these are good suggestions but impractical imho. We had to wait 6 years under Modi rule just to get RJB and hindu temples are still under gormint control. Good luck trying to outlaw the madrassa system.

I'd settle for freeing the hindu temples in the next 5 years just so the hindus atleast have a fighting chance.
Tbh i agree with you. It can't be done in a short time frame. But it can be done in a longer time frame. After all, British/commies took decades to fully change our education system. So I believe if we set a time frame of 30 years and set up each big decisions with lots of small steps, we can achieve these goals. And when we are about the take a big decision we take advantage of distractions and cause confusion among the known trouble makers.

For example, this China Virus pandemic is a very good time to implement a big decision. Protests will only be limited to social media.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

AshishAcharya wrote: Tbh i agree with you. It can't be done in a short time frame. But it can be done in a longer time frame. After all, British/commies took decades to fully change our education system. So I believe if we set a time frame of 30 years and set up each big decisions with lots of small steps, we can achieve these goals. And when we are about the take a big decision we take advantage of distractions and cause confusion among the known trouble makers.

For example, this China Virus pandemic is a very good time to implement a big decision. Protests will only be limited to social media.
For us, I don't think it's feasible to make 30 year plans. British/chinis did/do it because they knew they were going to be in power for the foreseeable future .God forbid if "dadi ki pota/poti" become PM and they'll undo all the hardwork of small steps.

You're absolutely right that china virus has given a tiny window where we can implement some big decisions and i do hope they take advantage of that. Though i still think freeing hindu temples and letting hindus proselytize would take care of all the 6 points you mentioned. Naa rahega baans.....
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

m_saini wrote:
AshishAcharya wrote: Tbh i agree with you. It can't be done in a short time frame. But it can be done in a longer time frame. After all, British/commies took decades to fully change our education system. So I believe if we set a time frame of 30 years and set up each big decisions with lots of small steps, we can achieve these goals. And when we are about the take a big decision we take advantage of distractions and cause confusion among the known trouble makers.

For us, I don't think it's feasible to make 30 year plans. British/chinis did/do it because they knew they were going to be in power for the foreseeable future .God forbid if "dadi ki pota/poti" become PM and they'll undo all the hardwork of small steps.

You're absolutely right that china virus has given us a tiny window of opportunity where we can implement some big decisions and i do hope they take advantage of that. Though i still think freeing hindu temples and letting hindus proselytize would take care of all the 6 points you mentioned. Naa rahega baans.....
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

I think one of Narasimha Rao’s most significant accomplishments for India’s integrity was getting Parliament to pass the resolution that declares all of Jammu & Kashmir an inalienable part of India.

The resolution made it politically impossible for any future administration to give away J& K.

Things are on more solid footing now, but in PVNR’s time, and all the way through Manmohan Singh’s time, “anything could happen any time.”
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 12 Aug 2020 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

dinesh_kimar wrote:And if I do, will you agree with what I say about PVNR?

Either you should back up your claims or bravely say, “no, I am going to make baseless claim onlee.”

What is this putting conditions for doing what you should have done in the first place anyway, without being asked?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

KLNMurthy wrote:I think one of Narasimha Rao’s most significant accomplishments for India’s integrity was getting Parliament to pass the resolution that declares all of Jammu & Kashmir an inalienable part of India.

The resolution madd it politically impossible for any future administration to give away J& K.

Things are on more solid footing now, but in PVNR’s time, and all the way through Manmohan Singh’s time, “anything could happen any time.”
In theory yes. But I have head many a 'secular intellectual' say that J&K can still be solved to TSP's satisfaction 'within' Indian constitution. You guessed it, 'joint sovereignty'. Thats exactly what Queen Madam's slave MMS meant when he said 'borders cannot be re-drawn but can be made irrelevant'. TSP was salivating at this prospect, and article 370 was crucial in achieving this objective. And the sultans of the valley, Abdullahs and Muftis were also salivating because they can get the best of both worlds, India and TSP. A joint sovereignty solution which even now Pappu & Co will sign on any day to show off their 'secularism' will essentially be giving up J&K without actually saying so and preserving some notional H&D for India.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

m_saini wrote:
m_saini wrote:

You're absolutely right that china virus has given us a tiny window of opportunity where we can implement some big decisions and i do hope they take advantage of that. Though i still think freeing hindu temples and letting hindus proselytize would take care of all the 6 points you mentioned. Naa rahega baans.....
Yes. I can agree about the difficulty of the 30 year plans. But I believe it's possible. Modi might stay for another term after the 2024 elections. And by 2029, already 15 years would have been completed. And rest 15 years can be managed by his successors.

All depends on the BJP's ability to wipe out Congress, consistently deliver on their goals and not to screw up in a big way.

Thus 30 years of BJP rule is possible though slightly difficult. Hence, we should make those 30 year long term plans.
manish singh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manish singh »

In one of the famously open middle east country, the government very closely monitors what is spoken in mosques. The government in fact gives the text of the speech and the imam can only speak from that. CID keeps a close eye on what is discussed in mosque, so any radicals are quickly identified and appropriate action is taken. Everybody falls in line.

So, yes, if there is government will, this is possible in India too. Given there is a clear precedent in an Islamic country.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

manish singh wrote:In one of the famously open middle east country, the government very closely monitors what is spoken in mosques. The government in fact gives the text of the speech and the imam can only speak from that. CID keeps a close eye on what is discussed in mosque, so any radicals are quickly identified and appropriate action is taken. Everybody falls in line.

So, yes, if there is government will, this is possible in India too. Given there is a clear precedent in an Islamic country.
But first of all, we need to stop the unabated and illegal construction of mosques at every place possible. To give you an example, the area where they burnt the police station is filled with mosques.

SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^^
Rumours that on Janamasthami day 'peaceful' posted on FB about Krishna as a rapist and replied by Congi MLA nephew with a 'RAPIST' epithet for the founder of 'peacefuls' and this started the riots!!! who knows if that is true
Or this could all be a preamble to the disturbance planned for the 15th and demand for 'Jinnawali' crap!!
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Do mosques even file for permission? Their backdated permissions just show up when required.
Viruses come out of loud speaker along with sound: Executive Magistrate of Bhuj
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/08/11/ ... e-of-bhuj/
Bhuj: A letter by Executive Magistrate and Mamlatdar (Bhuj town) has triggered controversy, as it claims, the sound of mic spreads virus and increase the infection rate. Mamlatdar mentioned this reason for denying permission to operate loud speaker at Dudheshwar Mahadev temple in response to temple administrator’s application.
Later office issues correction:
This was an interpretation error. Necessary correction in the order has been done and permission has been granted subject to SOPs.यह एक मानवीय एवं अर्थघटन संबंधित भूल थी। इस आदेश में सुधार कर दिया गया है तथा SOPs की शर्तों के अधीन अनुमति भी प्रदान कर दी गयी है।
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

We need to start thread on riots. Lot of material went without being collected for anti Hindu Delhi riots.

#antihinduriots
Bengaluru burns: Rioters have no religion but ‘saviours of temples from rioters’ do
https://www.opindia.com/2020/08/bengalu ... ral-video/
Hours after the riots broke out in Bengaluru over allegedly offensive Facebook post on Prophet Muhammad, where rioting Muslim mobs attacked police station and cops, a video went viral on social media. At around 2 AM on the intervening night of 11th and 12th August, Congress National Secretary and social media in-charge Zakiya Khan shared a video wherein she claimed that Muslim youth formed a ‘human chain’ to ‘safeguard’ a temple from ‘unruly mob’.

Very cleverly ‘temples’ (plural) was hashtagged and religion of the ‘unruly mob’ was hidden while religion of men in ‘human chain’ was highlighted. Fact: Religion of ‘unruly mob’ was also Islam.

It is interesting to note that the Hindus perhaps never in their wildest imagination thought that someone will come and destroy their temples over a Facebook post. However, this ‘protecting the temple’ appears more of a soft-threat or a nudge that the temples can be demolished over a post that Muslims find offensive. This especially appears more terrifying after the lowkey threat by All India Muslim Personal Law Board on the eve of Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pujan where the Islamic body had cited example of Hagia Sophia and threatened how once a mosque will always remain a mosque, thereby implying how Ram Mandir which will be constructed where disputed structure once stood will be demolished by Muslims.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

With thousands of workers returning back from Gulf countries permanently, and many of them being semi-literate in the 20-35 age bracket, expect fundamentalist parties like SDPI to push its tentacles deeper and deeper into all the southern states. Congress is in a catch 22 situation, the snakes that they fed and nourished for 7 decades is now showing their fangs , what more with outfits like SDPI opening political offices everywhere the beloved voting block of congress is also now at threat.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

AshishAcharya wrote:
So my question to all of the gurus is, now that we know the problem then what can be a solution to it? A detailed solution which is actionable in time bound manner. The thing is that every where I read the same problem again and again. But no one offers a solution to this.
Can't claim to be a guru of any kind, but I have been playing with some ideas, some of which may be counterintuitive:

1. On religious conversions: instead of fighting for an outright ban on conversions (with the unstated assumption that it is always going to be Hinduism that is going to bleed out), do the opposite instead: pass a "freedom of religious conversion" law which does the following:
- No one is allowed to target or harass in any manner persons who change their religion. The idea here is to criminalize the Muslim apostasy rule. For a while when ghar wapasi was very much in the news, the Muslim media was full of debates about what to do about those Muslims who do ghar wapasi--they lamented that unfortunately we can't kill them as we want to because this is India, but at least we can do social boycott.

We should send the apostasy law (one of the most potent weapons of Islam against those even thinking of leaving Islam) into the same dustbin that currently hosts triple talaq.

The upside is that this is a 100% easily defensible law (unlike anti-conversion laws which are complicated to defend), and if the "global community" or "civic society" makes a noise, we can just laugh at them for supporting murder of apostates and tell them that they are against freedom of religion.

One downside of this is that most of the Hindutva thinkers will have a problem with it as they have conditioned themselves to believe that the only way to protect Hinduism is to somehow abolish all conversions out of Hinduism.

2. pass a law that makes the issue of the issue of a visa conditional on undertaking a pledge to not abuse or insult or otherwise, by word or deed in any way that undermines any entity that is recognized as sacred in India. Breaking the pledge will result in imprisonment followed by deportation and permanent blacklisting. This should put a crimp in missionary activity and also send a warning to homeborn missionaries.

This law will cause a lot of agitation all over the place, much more so than 1, and to be honest I don't like it at all, as it is essentially a "blasphemy" law, and I am a free-speech fundamentalist. But free speech in a fundamentalist sense has no chance in India, and unfreedom of speech has been exploited overwhelmingly in the cause of suppressing Hindus. So I don't mind using that same weapon to suppress anti-Hindu hate speech.

3. retrain the IAS /IPS to treat anti-Hindu hate speech on par with anti-Islam or anti-Christian speech, and reform the administrative structure to include monitoring and accountability of their impartiality and make it transparent (available and accessible on the GoI websites)

4. Once 2 is done and the hubbub has died down (see, e.g., Article 370 revocation), extend the same law to make it a prerequisite for getting a passport; next extend it to aadhaar card. (At each step, gather statistical data to monitor and measure effectiveness, as well as real-time reports, make everything transparent, and be prepared to adjust or abandon the approach if it is seen to be not working as expected).
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

CRamS wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:I think one of Narasimha Rao’s most significant accomplishments for India’s integrity was getting Parliament to pass the resolution that declares all of Jammu & Kashmir an inalienable part of India.

The resolution madd it politically impossible for any future administration to give away J& K.

In theory yes. But I have head many a 'secular intellectual' say that J&K can still be solved to TSP's satisfaction 'within' Indian constitution. You guessed it, 'joint sovereignty'. Thats exactly what Queen Madam's slave MMS meant when he said 'borders cannot be re-drawn but can be made irrelevant'. TSP was salivating at this prospect, and article 370 was crucial in achieving this objective. And the sultans of the valley, Abdullahs and Muftis were also salivating because they can get the best of both worlds, India and TSP. A joint sovereignty solution which even now Pappu & Co will sign on any day to show off their 'secularism' will essentially be giving up J&K without actually saying so and preserving some notional H&D for India.
The point is not that somehow all the weaklings will become strong and gaddars will become faithful to the country because of the resolution. It is that the res. is a powerful weapon in the hands of those who would defend the country against the folly of the weaklings and the treachery of the gaddars.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

harris is no friend of India

"We have to remind the kashmiris that they are not alone in the world."

This statement by harris was reported widely and prominently in paki media.

watch: tulsi gabard on kamala harris
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHy5J4 ... e=youtu.be

the gathering of the commie naxal and leftshyt vultures.

shampoo boy's speech is particularly despicable and pandering to the mafia family views.

his own shaky position in the party is contributing to his panic and intemperate self serving views.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

KLNMurthy wrote:
dinesh_kimar wrote:And if I do, will you agree with what I say about PVNR?

Either you should back up your claims or bravely say, “no, I am going to make baseless claim onlee.”

What is this putting conditions for doing what you should have done in the first place anyway, without being asked?
PVNR let TADA lapse to appease a particular community and we did not have any anti terror law until POTA was passed by ABV. Agni was termed a TD project and further testing was stopped. There was no retaliation for Mumbai bomb blasts.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The congis still have not even dared to console akhanda srinivasa murthy, the dalit MLA who was attacked, his house ransacked and burned in the bangalore riots yesterday.

The congis are in a huge predicament after the planned jehadi rampage in bangalore.

Should they support their dalit MLA whose house was burned down by the jehadi mobs or support the jehadi SDFI, the rabidly communal party which supported pappu in wayanad and was responsible for his win in 2019.

damned if they do and damned if they don't :mrgreen:

the BJP govt is walking a tightrope because the BBMP elections are just about a month away and they cannot alienate any group so early in the run up to the elections
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Mort Walker wrote: He didn't get a Bharat Ratna because he didn't let the family come before country.
But what stops Modi Govt from giving it to PVNR?
He has done more for Bharat than most of the clowns who actually got it. That would also be a slap in the face of the familia when a BJP Govt gives the top award to a Cong PM. Unlikely anyone will oppose it other than Babri Peacefools who will say "PVN allowed it to happen".
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Congress' motormouth spokesman Rajiv Tyagi passed away from a massive cardiac arrest at the age of 50. At 5 PM he was on Aaj Tak screaming his lungs off at BJP's Sambit Patra and by 7 PM he was dead. Such is life !

In other news actor Sanjay Dutt is reported to have lung cancer, and though his choice of care was in the US, US denied his entry due his prior conviction in India, so he is heading to Singapore for treatment.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

CRamS wrote:Regarding Kamala Harris, if you take our her scripted fake dosa parties, she runs from her Indian identity like a dog whose tail is on fire. And rabidly anti-India given her leftist and Islamist orientation. Recall her position on Kashmir as posted above. Thus, its pathetic seeing many brain-dead Indian Americans go berserk in celebration of this fraud.

Not to be outdone by NRIs, RNIs are even worse in their colonial hangover. Here is a tweet by Omar Abdullah's keep (now "Harvard Professor, don't how she managed that without a Ph.D.) doing Bhangra over Kamala's appointment and going euphoric over USA

Nidhi Razdan
@Nidhi
Whatever one may say about America, but this is what makes it an incredible country. The daughter of immigrant parents could make it to the highest office.
Except that she forgot that India is an even more incredible country that an Italian bar maid can lord over the entire country even without even officially being a PM

India is a civilizational state and should do damn well whatever India wants and considers right within the Bharatiya framework. Only these BIF awardees keep drawing these fallacious benchmarks. If India chooses to enact a Bhoomiputra law based on 3 generations of Indian lineage, so be it.
The odd thing is that if you explain this to rural person in India/ street person, they completely get it. But this class of anglais speaking, daddy bequeathed privileges, rewarded by western media for BIF... is utterly cringe worthy and craven in their mental slavery.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Guys, come on! How many threads do we need to discuss US elections? We criticize desi/desi-media with MUTU-like tendencies for breathless coverage of the US elections as though it were our own, but turn around and do the same thing on BRF. Please show some consideration to those of us outside the US who are not that interested in how this race heats up - I am not saying we shouldn't discuss on BRF at all as that would be downright silly, but only asking that we do so on the relevant thread(s). Heck, we might as well open a US politics thread at this rate, though I don't think the mods would be happy with that. In any case, I don't think Indian politics will materially change depending on who gets to occupy the White House - it's a drama in its own right :mrgreen:.