Quality of Indian TV Media

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.

How do you view the general quality of news channels.

I find Indian news channels informative, relevant and objective.
No votes
I find Indian news channels to be fairly informative and objective.
7%
I do not find Indian news channels to be objective and Informative.
No votes
I find the Indian news channels to be provocative, misleading and deliberately biased, to increase viewership.
93%

Total votes: 15

Rishirishi
BRFite

Quality of Indian TV Media

Post by Rishirishi »

This tread is to debate quality of news channels, debates and objectivity. We will start with a Poll that will form the bases of the discussion. I am deliberately avoiding to list individual channels. The idea of this thread is to discuss the quality of news that is served to the nation, not what is best source.
RaviB
BRFite

Re: Quality of Indian TV Media

Post by RaviB »

I think the title of this thread is an oxymoron
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Please add suggestion of media that is trustworthy.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

WION,TimesNow and Republic (if your nerves can stand it). Palki Sharma of WION is an excellent presenter and to the point. As for print media i subscribe and i contribute to OpIndia and Swarajya - these two small, independently owned sites have been carrying the weight of dharmics for a while now and have been fighting gallantly against leftist media houses with endless budgets and wealthy foreign benefactors.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

News X has a lot of good programs, with definitely a patriotic outlook. Rajya Sabha TV is good with its "Security Scan" and several other shows. Not anti-Dharmic, if not openly and noticeably pro-Dharmic.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Pernsonally I have turned to Youtube.
Security scan is good.
DD can be good
"The print" has some pretty decent analytics.
"Lalantop" can have some good stuff.

I also regularly read Dawn (Pakistani newspaper, to get an understanding of the Pakistani mood)
Global times CN (to get the Chinese official statements)

Bharat Rakshak is probably the best source of information for me, now.

But over all, i miss a large media house with high quality publications.

The poll above is interesting. So far we have few participants, but it seems Indian news channels has a very low status. Personally i embarrassed by their reporting.
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

I discontinued NDTV after two of their anchors were happy over death of Indian soldiers in Galwan clash and intend to discontinue Indiatoday over drug doll PR.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

I am now able to stream a number of Indian TV stations. I just can not take Arnab's shouting, though I have tried. Unfortunately, there are many Indian anchors that follow Arnab's shouting style. As far as content goes, it is biased. It is my personal opinion that the news supplied comes from anchors that accept hafta from foreign sources and beholden to them. They really do not care about India's interests and India's soldiers that are fighting at the border.
Gautam
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

All indian TV news channels are in loss and financed by money from dubious background. A high ranking employee of a tv channel known to me aptly calls it news mafia.
DheerajG
BRFite -Trainee

Post by DheerajG »

I personally find most Indian TV News media quite lazy. Out of 60 mins bulletin, currently 30-35 mins goes to Ad breaks, 20 mins goes to SSR's case and just 5 mins for other issues. Big injustice to huge country like India with 1.3+ billion population with so many important issues. No serious discussions, no analysis and no follow ups to previous important issues.

Hindi News Media is even more funny, especially their defense reporting. Sometimes I feel their target audiences is lesser educated folks. Currently I find India Today and WION more tolerable than others.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

sankum wrote:All indian TV news channels are in loss and financed by money from dubious background. A high ranking employee of a tv channel known to me aptly calls it news mafia.
Can you please give us some more insight. It would be nice.

I my self have vitnessed media people demanding/extorting school to pay money for not publishing stuff. It seems all of the media is controlled by the large business houses and political parties. Do we have a free press in India? I think the poll above is interesting.
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

There are web of companies for many channels and employees that I know keep complaining of the black money earnings which sustain the channels. Someone has to do research for how it is done or any article which explains the mess.
There was a article which said how a particular state language has few entertainment channels but more than dozen news channels.
There was a particular state politician which took Rs 200Cr bribe in 2g scam to start a news channel for propagating her party's propaganda.