India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by Cain Marko »

mappunni wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: Yeah, the Howdy Mody event pretty much states which way Indian sentiments lean. Nevertheless, I can't but wonder - how many of those who support Modi-Trump are actual US nationals? And how many are H1B types?
Cain Saar,
Most of the crowd which was at the event were the vast majority, US Citizens, there were a few H1Bs out of curiosity. The US Citizens, I know at least have voted straight Republican in Texas and my friends in Ohio.

Kamala Mami was pitching in Texas in Houston and Dallas this week which hardly matters.
That is good to know. Any idea what kind of crowds mamiji was pulling?
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Cain Marko wrote:
mappunni wrote:
Cain Saar,
Most of the crowd which was at the event were the vast majority, US Citizens, there were a few H1Bs out of curiosity. The US Citizens, I know at least have voted straight Republican in Texas and my friends in Ohio.

Kamala Mami was pitching in Texas in Houston and Dallas this week which hardly matters.
That is good to know. Any idea what kind of crowds mamiji was pulling?
Mamiji is visiting mostly DemoCrapic counties in Houston - Harris County and in Dallas area - Dallas County. The surrounding counties are red and will remain so. Many from the left thought when the second generation Hispanic voters come of age will vote Democrat, but actually, it has turned to be quite the opposite, the second-generation Latinos are even more conservative in nature and tend to vote Republican. The Governor of Texas Greg Abbot's wife is of Hispanic heritage.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

So BECA and COMCASA have been signed, but the question remains if the Biden administration will treat India fairly or stab it in the back? Everything so far indicates that India must proceed with caution as they are beholden to Chinese and the Islamists. Biden has indicated on day one that he will immediately reverse the Trump administration's foreign policy. With no FY2021 budget, it means vast amounts of military and terrorist aid for TSP is immediately possible. We could possibly see terrorist actions by Republic Day 2021 due to immediate support by the US to TSP.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I thought Trump is going to win. Why talk of sleepy Joe now?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

saip wrote:I thought Trump is going to win. Why talk of sleepy Joe now?
It is too close to call. We would all like a Trump win for India-US relations as he's the devil we know as opposed to the devil we previously experienced.
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

When will we start getting UBCN analysis?. Sorely miss that aspect from 2016. UBCN called the election months before Nov 3.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

--Deleted by mod--
Last edited by nachiket on 29 Oct 2020 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is not the place to discuss US elections
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Never let a good crisis to go to waste. :mrgreen:

the amerikis haven't forgotten to bring their kabadi dukan along with them just like they enticed the ignorant red indians with beads and trinkets.

does this offer bring along with it steam or EMALS launch tech

maybe the wright flyer (often retrospectively referred to as Flyer I or 1903 Flyer) would be a better choice.

The F-18 had its first flight on 18 November 1978; 41 years ago

2+2 talks: US offers F-18 fighters to India for carrier-based operations

so, are we going to be stuck with a dud for the next 40-60 years
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

..and right on cue here's WaPo filling its monthly anti-India quota -

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/stat ... 2176490504

"India’s engineers have thrived in Silicon Valley. So has its caste system."
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

================================================
Tim Pool, he used to suffer from TDS and has now switched
================================================
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ha98IZsORw
Republicans Are Now Leading In Senate Battleground States, Trump Tracking For Victory
370,356 views•26 Oct 2020
Timcast.
==================================================
Look out for the opinion poll handed out on Air Force One

My opinion is a Trump landslide all round!!!
Please laugh at me when I am wrong, I have broad shoulders...

These people, are the same people that have been telling me how cr#p
I am as an Indian vis a vis gora/paks/chin and the like..

Of course I have never hated myself (no self loathing here) and
luckily found this website decades ago..

As my dad would say, they are all liars..
In modern parlance I believe it is called "gas lighting"
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

chetak wrote:Never let a good crisis to go to waste. :mrgreen:

the amerikis haven't forgotten to bring their kabadi dukan along with them just like they enticed the ignorant red indians with beads and trinkets.

does this offer bring along with it steam or EMALS launch tech

maybe the wright flyer (often retrospectively referred to as Flyer I or 1903 Flyer) would be a better choice.

The F-18 had its first flight on 18 November 1978; 41 years ago

2+2 talks: US offers F-18 fighters to India for carrier-based operations

so, are we going to be stuck with a dud for the next 40-60 years
Take it to the military issues forum. The F-18 has evolved significantly with variations to what it is today and remains current with USN. It will stay until 2035 with the USN. It shares the same engine as the LCA Tejas.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

chola wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:
It is too close to call. We would all like a Trump win for India-US relations as he's the devil we know as opposed to the devil we previously experienced.
No, it is not close. Most polls have Biden winning by a wide margin. More importantly Trump's path with the electoral votes based on states is very narrow. He has to win like 5 purple states and turn a few blue ones. Blue states are those traditionally Democratic, red GOP and purple are swing states which could go either way.

Trump lost the popular vote (straight count of voters) in 2016 but won because of the electoral college (votes assigned to a state) because all of a state's votes must be given to the winner. This time there are not enough states breaking red to overcome a loss in the popular vote.
The worst is yet to come, a Biden administration will allow TSP to trade in their F-16s for F-35As supplemented with US aid money. Lot 14 has come down to $77 million each.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Sorry! Got irked with folks who just come out of the woodworks cautioning us of the evil USA we cannot trust while Russia sells arms to Cheena.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

chola wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:

Trump lost the popular vote (straight count of voters) in 2016 but won because of the electoral college (votes assigned to a state) because all of a state's votes must be given to the winner. This time there are not enough states breaking red to overcome a loss in the popular vote.

1. That is how ALL US presidential elections are, the popular vote is just a statistical exercise and the EC decides everything.
2. Not true - not all states are winner takes all, California, NY, and TX are some of the major winner takes all EC states. There are proportional states too that allocate EC on the basis of popular vote.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Manny wrote:Sorry! Got irked with folks who just come out of the woodworks cautioning us of the evil USA we cannot trust while Russia sells arms to Cheena.
and Pakistan

...and despite that some folks here act like card carrying members of the Russian MIC export branch with impunity
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Mort Walker wrote: The worst is yet to come, a Biden administration will allow TSP to trade in their F-16s for F-35As supplemented with US aid money. Lot 14 has come down to $77 million each.
Also need to add turkey route to the list, remote controlled warfare wares, etc. India needs to figure out it's own MIC or head to war. Else, there will be constant attrition at all borders. Indian citizens hardly track attrition at the border like they do corona numbers to know the overall costs. Technically attrition numbers need to be tracked since 7th century and onwards.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The Biden-Harris administration will offer a significant military and civilian aid package to TSP on the grounds that TSP drop CPEC and administer Afghanistan. This will allow the US to withdraw almost all military presence. In order to do this, they need a TSP "Peace" treaty, if Dems secure a 51 seat majority in the US Senate, they will bring the treaty to a vote where it will be relatively easy to pick up 15-16 Republican senators to do this to get 2/3 majority to pass a treaty.

I would not rule out $1B/year military and $1B/year civilian aid to TSP for the next 8 years. In return, TSP will throw China under a bus on paper, but continue with them under the table. Lock-Mart will be happy to deliver 40+ F-35A to TSP within 3 years.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mort Walker wrote:The Biden-Harris administration will offer a significant military and civilian aid package to TSP on the grounds that TSP drop CPEC and administer Afghanistan. This will allow the US to withdraw almost all military presence. In order to do this, they need a TSP "Peace" treaty, if Dems secure a 51 seat majority in the US Senate, they will bring the treaty to a vote where it will be relatively easy to pick up 15-16 Republican senators to do this to get 2/3 majority to pass a treaty.

I would not rule out $1B/year military and $1B/year civilian aid to TSP for the next 8 years. In return, TSP will throw China under a bus on paper, but continue with them under the table. Lock-Mart will be happy to deliver 40+ F-35A to TSP within 3 years.

that "peace treaty" will aim at breaking India's spine and that "peace treaty" will solve every problem for the pakis, the cheenis, as well as, the BIF.

This is the only way that the amerikis are getting out of the afpak mess "with honor".

that will "buy" the amerikis peace for a decade or so at the most, while we get bartered, digested, merchandised and inculturated.

we seem to have forgotten that lurking among the BIF are the amerikis themselves who have swallowed almost all of the north east and have left it ripe and ready for secession.

the only choice that the black baptist may offer, before they do an east timor on us, is between the heimlich or the enema when they force us to disgorge our entire NE territory.

and that may just be the beginning :mrgreen:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

If we are going to indulge in a whinefest and idle speculation, whilst high on Afghanistan's finest why stop there? Say that the US will add Bakistan to NATO, give them 100 F-35's for free, slap Iran-like sanctions on India and force us to give up the whole of Kashmir to Pak and Ladakh to China. All is lost onlee and we Indians should cower in our dark places waiting for our impending doom :(( :((
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nachiket wrote:If we are going to indulge in a whinefest and idle speculation, whilst high on Afghanistan's finest why stop there? Say that the US will add Bakistan to NATO, give them 100 F-35's for free, slap Iran-like sanctions on India and force us to give up the whole of Kashmir to Pak and Ladakh to China. All is lost onlee and we Indians should cower in our dark places waiting for our impending doom :(( :((
It's not idle speculation, something larger is afoot. Especially after the cheenis have been badly and most unexpectedly spooked by the art 370 abrogation.

The QUAD is between the hans and the amerikis. At the moment, we are mere window dressing, a department store if you will, for food, fuel, ship repairs and crew R&R.

I cannot figure out exactly why the aussies want in now and why suddenly they are trying so hard.

Attitudes in white supremacist populations do not change so easily, and that too, within the time span of less than a single decade

The forces in the gulf and ME are realigning, and israel is also casting its net wider. the pakis are currently out of favor both with riyadh and teheran and that is certainly a first. turki is queering the pitch for europe and russia as well.

after the longest time we seem to have lost/losing russki support with the frenchies pitching in

the pakis are lost to the US because the cheenis have them in a death grip. This death grip was on the cards for tens of decades because the cheenis have been consistent in their long range planning. Aksai chin was not a flash in the plan and nor is the CPEC as it is playing out only with the paki army and ignoring the civil administration. this has implications and repercussions for any future civil govt or even future elections affecting the aam pakis and the trouble making mulla/allah brigades

we will have to counter the hans/pakis/amerikis but we have to await the unfolding of more events to see some clarity.

No one is suggesting that it's all going to happen tomorrow or even that all is lost.

after hearing doval say that we will fight on foreign lands, one hopes that we have not committed to boots on the ground in aid of the amerikis anywhere, especially not in afghanistan.

there is one more promised but still pending big deliverable to India, and that troublesome devil is the NSG and that will be lurking in the hidden part of the QUAD iceberg.
Last edited by chetak on 29 Oct 2020 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Cheena colluded with the US and became the 2nd biggest economy in the world. . Nuff said!

The congressies scared of the US remains a poor country being invaded by Cheena. Even today, It's vietnam that is benefitting from the US Cheena economic war. Not India who is still scared of the US. I can understand why from reading the comments here.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Last night I read this book and did not put it down until I finished it.

In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom 2$ on kindle. Please buy and read it.

https://www.amazon.com/Order-Live-Korea ... 73&sr=8-11

While I was reading about the horrible life in North Korea, I could not help notice the anti American fear of North Koreans is not much different from the irrational fear of the posters here...cautioning about the evil Americans. Many of the Communists Policies of North Korea is almost identical to that of India during the congress Indira Gandhi days when I grew up in India.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manny wrote:Cheena colluded with the US and became the 2nd biggest economy in the world. . Nuff said!

The congressies scared of the US remains a poor country being invaded by Cheena. Even today, It's vietnam that is benefitting from the US Cheena economic war. Not India who is still scared of the US. I can understand why from reading the comments here.
not exactly scared but shyly curious but more like a spooked but eager virgin when faced with the brawny and ready highschool quarterback.

we have large populations of Indian workers in the gulf states who will take a direct hit if we align so openly with the US as well as minorities here who will start acting up because they will be politically instigated by saudis and iranians.

that is why we are always so keen to loudly signal our non alignment to any grouping

this is not the same as the earlier idiotic nehruvian policy of non alignment which had us stupidly aligned to a bunch of so called "non aligned" countries mostly run by dictators
achit
BRFite

Post by achit »

----deleted by mod---
Last edited by nachiket on 29 Oct 2020 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is not the thread for discussing US Elections
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

we have large populations of Indian workers in the gulf states who will take a direct hit if we align so openly with the US as well as minorities here who will start acting up because they will be politically instigated by saudis and iranians.

that is why we are always so keen to loudly signal our non alignment to any grouping
Say What? Someone has not been keeping up with the News. Israel and Saudi and 6 other ME countries have joined with Israel. All these countries including the UAE is pro US. UAE is even going to get the F-35 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

OT : But Saudis have not yet established ties with Israel, and i doubt if they will anytime soon. Having said that MBS is said to be the main cog behind UAE & Bahrain & maybe Oman normalizing their relationship with the jewish state. MBS will not openly support Israel until he himself feels secure at home. There have always been rumors in the press that Saudis have had a secret relationship with Israel going back to the late 70s, and routinely share intelligence on Iran and in the past on Iraq.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

chetak wrote: It's not idle speculation, something larger is afoot. Especially after the cheenis have been badly and most unexpectedly spooked by the art 370 abrogation.

The QUAD is between the hans and the amerikis. At the moment, we are mere window dressing, a department store if you will, for food, fuel, ship repairs and crew R&R.

<snipped>

No one is suggesting that it's all going to happen tomorrow or even that all is lost.

after hearing doval say that we will fight on foreign lands, one hopes that we have not committed to boots on the ground in aid of the amerikis anywhere, especially not in afghanistan.

there is one more promised but still pending big deliverable to India, and that troublesome devil is the NSG and that will be lurking in the hidden part of the QUAD iceberg.
One can interpret any event to be part of a conspiracy if one tries hard enough. Best to go based on available evidence instead of too much speculation. China attempting to capture land in Ladakh because of Article 370 removal is unadulterated BS. It is CCP propaganda that we on BRF should know better than to fall for. This is the argument that the chini's themselves used to somehow justify what they were doing, capitalizing on our own DDM loudly speculating about the same just to oppose the government they don't like.

Have some faith that Doval and co. know what they are doing whether it is with the Quad or BECA etc. We aren't some pansies who will get taken for a ride. What posts like these betray is a huge inferiority complex about India's own strength or ability to understand its strategic position and leverage it for getting what it needs from the US and other powers.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manny wrote:

Say What? Someone has not been keeping up with the News. Israel and Saudi and 6 other ME countries have joined with Israel. All these countries including the UAE is pro US. UAE is even going to get the F-35 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ever wondered why the govt sympathizes much more with the palestinians than the israelis.

what have the palestinians ever done for us or ever going to do for us
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nachiket wrote:
chetak wrote: It's not idle speculation, something larger is afoot. Especially after the cheenis have been badly and most unexpectedly spooked by the art 370 abrogation.

<snipped>

One can interpret any event to be part of a conspiracy if one tries hard enough. Best to go based on available evidence instead of too much speculation. China attempting to capture land in Ladakh because of Article 370 removal is unadulterated BS. It is CCP propaganda that we on BRF should know better than to fall for. This is the argument that the chini's themselves used to somehow justify what they were doing, capitalizing on our own DDM loudly speculating about the same just to oppose the government they don't like.

Have some faith that Doval and co. know what they are doing whether it is with the Quad or BECA etc. We aren't some pansies who will get taken for a ride. What posts like these betray is a huge inferiority complex about India's own strength or ability to understand its strategic position and leverage it for getting what it needs from the US and other powers.
nachiket,

not everything is a CT or the result of any alleged inferiority complex.

one wonders what actually drives people and countries and why they do what they do.

sometimes other posters help by seeing a part of the puzzle that is not so clearly visible.

why are the hans so keen on having us in the CPEC equation, what convinced the feral pakis to go so far as to agree to change the name from pakistan to India in CPEC.

this govt has not agreed to join the CPEC but what if the next one reversed all the decisions of this govt and did join the CPEC.

if another strong govt takes over at the center and agrees to let the CPEC go through India, how can they be stopped or is that also a CT, or a manifestation of some inferiority complex to think that it will never happen.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

Mort Walker wrote:The Biden-Harris administration will offer a significant military and civilian aid package to TSP on the grounds that TSP drop CPEC and administer Afghanistan. This will allow the US to withdraw almost all military presence. In order to do this, they need a TSP "Peace" treaty, if Dems secure a 51 seat majority in the US Senate, they will bring the treaty to a vote where it will be relatively easy to pick up 15-16 Republican senators to do this to get 2/3 majority to pass a treaty.

that will be an open invitation for India to negotiate with China to balkanize pakistan and share the spoils and usher in the "Asian century"
heck India can get aksai chin + GB for free CIEC corridor access through balkanized Bakistan and china can happily concentrate on fighting out the US while we continue our dharmic non alignment.
what CT is this? dont forget Pakistan is where Bin Laden was found - their military does not believe Pakistan since a very long time.

enough of this "be scared of US flipping sides after elections" the nuclear treaty happened during dem president, the republicans continued. it is possible to cultivate the relations with the US with any sides of the political divide on US side - and India has done that since a while now.
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

Manny wrote:Even today, It's vietnam that is benefitting from the US Cheena economic war. Not India who is still scared of the US. I can understand why from reading the comments here.
:D You're right! There is an extreme level of anti-American paranoia on display here, as if Modi and Doval were completely incompetent. We can only speculate on how widespread this type of attitude is among the neta/babu/mantri complex that advises the PM.

I will say this, though: I give a huge amount of credit for this development (vast improvement in US-India relations) to the two leaders of the respective countries, i.e. Modi and Trump. If not for the psychological drive/impetus provided by these two leaders, this would never have happened. I will also say that the whole process of improvement of relations was started by Dubya (George W Bush) and Manmohan Singh with the 123 nuclear deal. That was the initial Great Leap Forward.

And finally, I don't believe the polls, they are completely bogus. I guess it's possible Trump may lose, but there's no way in hell he loses by 15 or 16 points, that's just fake news media cr@p.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

From Twitter............

Jeff M. Smith@Cold_Peace_
The keywords/topics covered in the meaty India-US 2+2 joint statement:
9:21 PM · Oct 27, 2020
https://twitter.com/Cold_Peace_/status/ ... 48/photo/1

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

US-India Trade Numbers as of August 2020
India ranked No. 12 among the United States’ top trade partners through the current period. In the same period one year ago, it ranked No. 9.

The top five U.S. exports to India by value through August were the categories of Oil; Diamonds, not mounted; Civilian aircraft, parts; LNG, other petroleum gases; and Coal, briquettes, respectively. They accounted for 38.31 percent of total exports to India.

The value of the top five categories of U.S. imports from India –– Medicines in individual dosages; Diamonds, not mounted; Gasoline, other fuels; Shrimp, other crustaceans; and Linens for bed, bath and kitchen –– accounted for 38.01 percent of all inbound shipments.

Looking more closely at U.S. exports to India:

Oil fell 37.41 percent compared to last year to $2.41 billion.
Diamonds, not mounted fell 40.87 percent compared to last year to $1.87 billion.
Civilian aircraft, parts rose 20.56 percent compared to last year to $1.06 billion.
LNG, other petroleum gases rose 45.8 percent compared to last year to $610.12 million.
Coal, briquettes fell 35.77 percent compared to last year to $609.99 million.
Looking more closely at U.S. imports from India:

Medicines in individual dosages rose 3.41 percent compared to last year to $5.2 billion.
Diamonds, not mounted fell 46.01 percent compared to last year to $3.07 billion.
Gasoline, other fuels fell 52.3 percent compared to last year to $1.33 billion.
Shrimp, other crustaceans fell 4 percent compared to last year to $1.21 billion.
Linens for bed, bath and kitchen fell 20.72 percent compared to last year to $979.59 million.
In the latest annual figures available, India recorded $92.08 billion in trade with the United States. Total U.S. exports to India were $ 34.41 billion and imports from India were $57.67 billion. The U.S. deficit with India was $23.26 billion.
Not a good sign as COVID-19 and slowing Indian economy contributed to this.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

bharathp wrote: enough of this "be scared of US flipping sides after elections" the nuclear treaty happened during dem president, the republicans continued. it is possible to cultivate the relations with the US with any sides of the political divide on US side - and India has done that since a while now.
The nuclear agreement happened with a Republican president - George W. Bush, not Obama.
This is the most leftist and pro-Islamist government of the US that may be coming in. They *hate* Hindus with far more vigor than EJs.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

U.S. Affirms Support for India’s Sovereignty
While defense is a major area of collaboration between the U.S. and India, Pompeo outlined other fields such as counterterrorism, freedom of the seas, assuring integrity of 5G networks, trade and investment, and clean energy.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

Mort Walker wrote:
bharathp wrote: enough of this "be scared of US flipping sides after elections" the nuclear treaty happened during dem president, the republicans continued. it is possible to cultivate the relations with the US with any sides of the political divide on US side - and India has done that since a while now.
The nuclear agreement happened with a Republican president - George W. Bush, not Obama.
This is the most leftist and pro-Islamist government of the US that may be coming in. They *hate* Hindus with far more vigor than EJs.
my apologies - I stand corrected. I had in mind that this had to pass in the US parliament as well - which meant we did have some support on the other side in US.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

What some are exhibiting here is a concern about US Democrats turning into INC/CPI/TMC. This is not same as inferiority complex by believing in CT like Siachen being on table during MMS time or MMS not maintaining any war reserves or Hindu terror. Elected govts don't sell countries. Modi and BJP haven't made any progress on dismantling ecosystems and dealing with the bureaucracy to believe that policies would be carried forward by next MMS in line. Concerns would always be there and they are not limited to US. It can be any other power. There are plenty of examples to put in each country's bin. Nambi episode and cryo engines come to mind. However, there's also not much to gain by not engaging and rolling the dice. With the civilizational clock ticking, every option available requires one to choose a devil and make a deal. Modi and Co has no choice but to change the status quo and hope to get the most till next MMS comes. May be it will help delay arrival of next MMS.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

bharathp wrote: my apologies - I stand corrected. I had in mind that this had to pass in the US parliament as well - which meant we did have some support on the other side in US.
NP. From Wikipedia there is a timeline:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India%E2% ... Senate-164

It was signed Oct. 2008 when Bush was still president.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

After reading this article I am now actually more worried about Biden replacing Trump's policies.
Joe Biden "Unlikely To Replace" Trump's Indo-Pacific Strategy Vs China
A major question is whether Biden will seek to rejoin the Pacific trade pact many China hawks viewed as the best way to counter Beijing's economic might before Trump withdrew from it as one of his first official actions. Biden supported the deal -- now known as the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership -- as part of former President Barack Obama's administration, but said during a Democratic primary debate last year that he would insist on renegotiating "pieces" of the pact.
Biden said in February that he supported a ban on using Huawei equipment in the U.S., although he's said little about whether he would continue the Trump administration's "Clean Network" program to convince allies to swear off Huawei products in critical communications networks. He has said he would work with "fellow democracies" to develop global rules on cybertheft, data privacy and artificial intelligence.
As vice president, Biden was an advocate for Obama's "pivot" to Asia. However, he's unlikely to replace Trump's "Indo-Pacific Strategy," which focuses on drawing India into a broader coalition of democracies to help offset China's regional weight.

Rather, Biden might seek to play down the military component of U.S. engagement in Asia, which under Trump has prioritized arms sales.
The party platform approved during Democratic National Convention called for countering China "without resorting to self-defeating, unilateral tariff wars or falling into the trap of a new Cold War."
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Do US Democrats consider puking place as democracy?
Are islamists better at extracting their pound of flesh across the globe?