India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manny
BRFite

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by Manny »

--DELETED by admin--

This is not the place to discuss US elections.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Dilbu wrote:After reading this article I am now actually more worried about Biden replacing Trump's policies.
Joe Biden "Unlikely To Replace" Trump's Indo-Pacific Strategy Vs China
Dilbu-ji,

Need your reverse jinx here on Tuesday evening.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Manny wrote:I from India voted for Trump yesterday! I voted down the list marked as REP. and one local city council man who had an Indian name "Sandeep...something". Got to support the desi...especially if you don't know him. :)

I had to go vote to counter a silly white woman who forced her dying father who was in his deathbed....He was a life long republican and she harassed him to vote for Biden and then posted on Tik tok what she did. I had to nullify her evil action.

Many of us did as a Biden-Harris administration along with Dem controlled House and Senate will be very bad for India. India will do fine, but they will deliberately antagonize India and attempt to ruin relations. There are some hard core Islamists who are running for the US House across the US. There is one in Colorado who appeals to mainstream goras. https://coloradosun.com/2020/10/23/iman ... -lawmaker/
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

--DELETED by admin--

mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

--DELETED by admin--

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

--DELETED by admin--

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

MOD-NOTE: One more tweet about the US elections here and I will start banning people without mercy. Read the thread title before you post. Final warning. I will be deleting previous posts about US elections which have nothing to do with India.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chetak wrote:after hearing doval say that we will fight on foreign lands, one hopes that we have not committed to boots on the ground in aid of the amerikis anywhere, especially not in afghanistan..
It could also mean that India will make a play for GB with US blessings, and thereafter troops on the ground and alliance with Afghanistan is not out of the question. I think we'll know by next Spring...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cain Marko wrote:
chetak wrote:after hearing doval say that we will fight on foreign lands, one hopes that we have not committed to boots on the ground in aid of the amerikis anywhere, especially not in afghanistan..
It could also mean that India will make a play for GB with US blessings, and thereafter troops on the ground and alliance with Afghanistan is not out of the question. I think we'll know by next Spring...
GB is our land.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chetak wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: It could also mean that India will make a play for GB with US blessings, and thereafter troops on the ground and alliance with Afghanistan is not out of the question. I think we'll know by next Spring...
GB is our land.
Just saying so don't make it so. Actions are needed from GOI. In any case, that's not the point. Point is that GB could very well be the launch pad into Afghanistan.

And why not? Duval's speech is in the right direction. If Indian soldiers could fight in places like Flanders for a foreign nation, why the hell not in it's own backyard, for it's own sake?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cain Marko wrote:
chetak wrote:
GB is our land.
Just saying so don't make it so. Actions are needed from GOI. In any case, that's not the point. Point is that GB could very well be the launch pad into Afghanistan.

And why not? Duval's speech is in the right direction. If Indian soldiers could fight in places like Flanders for a foreign nation, why the hell not in it's own backyard, for it's own sake?
I meant fighting in GB is not fighting on "foreign" land.

Doval does not mean GB.

I suspect that it more of a warning to xi about bhutan

It wasn't the IA that fought in flanders.

It was The British Indian Army that fought there, among many other places and fronts and it was the main military of the British Indian Empire before its decommissioning in 1947.

BTW, The British Indian Army was also used to brutally suppress the people in hong kong and that is why even today, Indians are hated by the people in hong kong.
Last edited by chetak on 30 Oct 2020 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chetak wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: Just saying so don't make it so. Actions are needed from GOI. In any case, that's not the point. Point is that GB could very well be the launch pad into Afghanistan.

Doval does not mean GB.

It was The British Indian Army that fought there, among other places and fronts and it was the main military of the British Indian Empire before its decommissioning in 1947.
Chetakji, I think India will have to, sooner or later, step up it's military footprint. And afpak will be where it happens. It's the only way to let the rest of India be in peace. That's where the real border is.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cain Marko wrote:
chetak wrote:

Doval does not mean GB.

It was The British Indian Army that fought there, among other places and fronts and it was the main military of the British Indian Empire before its decommissioning in 1947.
Chetakji, I think India will have to, sooner or later, step up it's military footprint. And afpak will be where it happens. It's the only way to let the rest of India be in peace. That's where the real border is.
Cain Marko ji,

There I wholeheartedly agree with you and that day will come
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Doval ji meant Baluchistan , this is why short stopovers were made in Iran by FM, DM to assure them of our move not against them.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Prem wrote:Doval ji meant Baluchistan , this is why short stopovers were made in Iran by FM, DM to assure them of our move not against them.
THis is a good point. If Afg is logistically difficult, how do they plan to get boots into Baluchistan I wonder...
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QuWqQHT10&t=1675s
Abhijeet Iyer at Sanjay Dixit's Jaipur Dialogues program states at 28 mins of the show that joe Biden is planning to bring equal representation policy to education system in America which is an American version of reservation. According to him this will make Indian's loose the opportunity to get into collages and jobs. can anyone please conform me this news. if true a link would be better.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

madhu wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QuWqQHT10&t=1675s
Abhijeet Iyer at Sanjay Dixit's Jaipur Dialogues program states at 28 mins of the show that joe Biden is planning to bring equal representation policy to education system in America which is an American version of reservation. According to him this will make Indian's loose the opportunity to get into collages and jobs. can anyone please conform me this news. if true a link would be better.
Madhuji
If that happens then the true colours of the 'Myalapur Mami' will come out :D :D
Then will she stands with the Indic folks or her father's people!!!
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Lot of that is already happening with emphasis on BLM and everyone looking to get their metrics look different. All HR boards are already grooming particular candidates to take on various positions. Essentially creating an uneven playing field where African Americans are being groomed and given first chance at promotions.

Hindus also need to start worrying as caste based lawsuits are being carried on and being encouraged with the future objective of stunting growth of dharmic people.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 951639.cms
Devas wins 9-year-old legal battle against Antrix as US court awards it $1.2 billion compensation
ndian startup Devas Multimedia has been awarded $1.2 billion compensation by a US court in a 2005 satellite deal case.

S District Judge Thomas S Zilly, western district of Washington, Seattle, ruled that Antrix should pay a compensation of $562.5 million to Devas and related interest rate am ..

After Antrix had cancelled the satellite deal in 2011,
what juridisction does a district court in seattle has over a contract between 2 companies in India?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted from the political thread

who would have thunk it :mrgreen:

HGS Dhaliwal@hgsdhaliwalips · 37m

Who would have thought that we would see a time when Bihar and US would be voting together and there would be much more chance of election results being accepted in a peaceful manner in Bihar than in the US.....#BiharElection2020 #USElections2020
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Is there a thread where it is kosher to discuss about the US election results ? Its a election that the entire world watches keenly because of the broad implications the results has on geopolitics and global economy, i think we should have a separate thread or atleast allow discussions on US elections temporarily in one of the many US threads on this subforum.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Crossposted from Elections Thread

Even though USA under Biden-Kamala may continue Quad with India, there will be some irritants cropping up, which had almost disappeared in Trump's Presidency.

a) More vocal support to any criticism of India by USCIRF

b) Dravidianism, both conversion and separatism will get a new fillip

c) There will most likely be more riots and Shaheen Baghs in India, with USA always "talking down" to India for being against minorities and the culprit

d) Kashmir will again be in focus. There will be more cross-border terrorism from Pakistan and more stone-throwing, and US will show "concern" for lack of protection for "human rights" there. Basically back to the old script.

e) FCRA controls will be criticized more.

You get the picture.

Also, it could be that USA interferes (somehow) in WB elections. It could be through fomenting riots and criticizing Modi for it, for trying to polarize, etc.

For the next four years Biden-Harris will do everything to make Modi more unpopular in the world and in India. 2024 Elections in India are the target.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

very good post rajeshA it is likely AoC, IO, Rashida Talibs could be in important positions in this govt, under Kamla Harris this combination of Chrislamists will go after India in more than one way.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

RajeshA wrote:Crossposted from Elections Thread

Even though USA under Biden-Kamala may continue Quad with India, there will be some irritants cropping up, which had almost disappeared in Trump's Presidency.

c) There will most likely be more riots and Shaheen Baghs in India, with USA always "talking down" to India for being against minorities and the culprit

d) Kashmir will again be in focus. There will be more cross-border terrorism from Pakistan and more stone-throwing, and US will show "concern" for lack of protection for "human rights" there. Basically back to the old script.

You get the picture.

Also, it could be that USA interferes (somehow) in WB elections. It could be through fomenting riots and criticizing Modi for it, for trying to polarize, etc.

For the next four years Biden-Harris will do everything to make Modi more unpopular in the world and in India. 2024 Elections in India are the target.
First, I am hoping Atlanta run-off senate election will give Republicans control of senate (52-48)

The reduced majority in House is good too. Hopefully, democrats on middle and far left fight each other.

Hoping by 2022, they lose House too.

They will be busy fighting election since Kamala wants to become President.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

You get the picture.

one would expect covert but gross interference both in WB and TN elections.

both these states were of particular interest to the cash clintons, especially hillary.

Hindutwa will take a major hit and max resources will be physically deployed by ameriki interests to demean this aspect.

missionary visas issued by India will see a huge upturn due to relentless conversion lobby pressures.

cashmere will be back on the front burners again :mrgreen:
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chetak wrote:

You get the picture.

one would expect covert but gross interference both in WB and TN elections.

both these states were of particular interest to the cash clintons, especially hillary.

Hindutwa will take a major hit and max resources will be physically deployed by ameriki interests to demean this aspect.

missionary visas issued by India will see a huge upturn due to relentless conversion lobby pressures.

cashmere will be back on the front burners again :mrgreen:
Naah. I expect MAD to keep things tight when it comes to real interference. Occasional pointification notwithstanding, aint 'much they will do. Esp. if India buys some more US hardware, and along with it, the silence of GOTUS/POTUS. This is not to say that the Squad won't squawk but officially, nothing will change.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

X posted
While I doubt Israel is that desperate to be recognized by Pakistan, it is clear that Namo & Team will have to move fast on both diplomatic and military fronts to preempt both China and Pakistan as well as other Breaking India forces. India's strategic leadership has its task cut out. In the coming days their capability will be tested. Especially our honorable EAM Shri Jaishankar and our NSA Shri Ajit Doval. Some deft diplomacy is the need of hour.

Hopefully Biden's team consists of practical and not ideological people. Probably wouldn't matter that much anyway since Deep state is back and it has its own priority list where India is very low on that list.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

X-posted

Some KPIs for our diplomats for the next four years

1. We continue movement towards formalising of Quad
2. Getting Biden administration to endorse redistribution of American investment from China to other countries including India.
3. Ensuring that US honors its agreements with India like BECA etc in case of a conflict with China.
4. More sanctions against China and chinese entities like Huawei.
5. Forward movement on Tibet and Taiwan

6. Ensuring that Pakistan stays on FATF grey list i.e if they are not black listed
7. Ensuring that Military aid to Pakistan is not resumed
8. Ensuring seat for India in any negotiations regarding Afghanistan.

These are the minimum points I could think of. Feel free to add.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

X post

Don't know if this survey results have been posted here before :

https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/10/1 ... -pub-82929

How Will Indian Americans Vote? Results From the 2020 Indian American Attitudes Survey
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

wonder how many lootyens hutiyas/congi/naxal/libtards will say "49% amerikis didn't vote sleepy joe biden or mylapore maami"
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

You get the picture.

Excellent post. From what is being reported, Biden administration will restore relationship with traditional western European allies to coordinate how to manage China. In Asia, the emphasis will be bring back the TPP to undercut China's cheap goods from SE Asian countries including textiles from BD, but the Chinese will infiltrate and subvert whichever smaller Asian country it can. Ultimately, the Biden administration wants the US, Europe and China to manage the world. This is the goal.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

I think that Indians need to stop looking for handouts. India is not Pakistan unlike which, India has the beginnings of an industrial base. If India and Indians believe in their ability to be a major power, they will get there and without handouts and criminal expenditures on imports. India needs to incentivize domestic industrial growth.
One:If India means business then discard the socialist policies built-in to its society. Stop giving farm loan waivers while at the same time stuffing industrialists into jail. The treatment of HAL by IAF is a poster child of all that is wrong with Indian industry. Build a modern police and traffic management system - stop auctioning police stations to the highest most corrupt officers. Disband most of the corrupt police and start afresh.
Two: Get serious with Pakistan instead of huffing and puffing to impress voters and stop wasting money on military expenditure. All this talk about being a responsible nuclear power is BS. Which of the powers has exercised a responsible nuclear policy? If you're not a problem, then you're never a part of the solution. Pakistan has always been the problem and that is why is always part of a solution. So India needs to stop licking its ----- and execute a visionary foreign policy dedicated to accomplishing India's desired geopolitical position in 20 years.
Three: Build the Indian MIC and stop ALL imports. Necessity is the mother of invention - this is not a phrase used only to write essays but a fact of life. Exercise it. Throwing money on someone else's industry like the Rafale gets you unemployment and economic productivity loss.
Force the world to pay attention to you on your terms. If India lets its corruption get in the way of developing a modern society, it will become a Pakistan - waiting on handouts from USA, China or the Saudis. India has sizeable economic activity and should look at consolidating and expanding it.
Last edited by Vivek K on 09 Nov 2020 09:54, edited 3 times in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Vivek K wrote:I think that Indians need to stop looking for handouts. India is not Pakistan. India has the beginnings of an industrial base. If India and Indians believe in their ability to be a major power, they will get there and without handouts and criminal expenditures on imports. India needs to incentivize domestic industrial growth.
One:If India means business then discard the socialist policies built-in to its society. Stop giving farm loan waivers while at the same time stuffing industrialists into jail. The treatment of HAL by IAF is a poster child of all that is wrong with Indians Build a modern police and traffic management system - stop auctioning police stations to the highest bidders.
Two: Get serious with Pakistan instead of huffing and puffing to impress voters and stop wasting money on military expenditure. All this talk about being a responsible nuclear power is BS. Which of the powers has exercised a responsible nuclear policy? If you're not a problem, then you're never a part of the solution. Pakistan has always been the problem and that is why is always part of a solution. So India needs to stop licking its ----- and execute a visionary foreign policy dedicated to accomplishing India's desired geopolitical position in 20 years.
Three: Build the Indian MIC and stop ALL imports. Necessity is the mother of invention - this is not a phrase used only to write essays but a fact of life. Exercise it. Throwing money on someone else's industry like the Rafale gets you unemployment and economic productivity loss.
Excellent post!

What we're looking for is non-interference in India's political affairs through 2030. Benign neglect from the US is ideal while aid to TSP is cut completely and the US keeps China strategically in check. Everything else is up to India.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Is Rahul Kanwal was sounding just like Karan Thapar? language, mannerism and even accent ... Am I imagining?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Vivek K wrote:One:If India means business then discard the socialist policies built-in to its society.
Three: Build the Indian MIC and stop ALL imports.
That seems like a bit of a contradiction in terms?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Cain Marko wrote:
Vivek K wrote:One:If India means business then discard the socialist policies built-in to its society.
Three: Build the Indian MIC and stop ALL imports.
That seems like a bit of a contradiction in terms?
Where's the contradiction. Promoting indigenisation != "Socialist" policies.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Promoting indigenization is fine. Banning ALL imports sounds like an iron curtain. In a global economy, how exactly do you do this? Everything from the tejas to the alh uses imported components, no?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Cain Marko wrote:Promoting indigenization is fine. Banning ALL imports sounds like an iron curtain. In a global economy, how exactly do you do this? Everything from the tejas to the alh uses imported components, no?
This is not about stopping imports of components. A weapon system is designed for mission requirements specific for India’s strategic goals. Importing entire weapon systems is not needed when there are suitable alternatives within India. The Tejas, Arjun, Dhanush, LCH, and others. Yes they may have 70% imported components, but the design, integration, deployment and logistics creates a huge technical and operational knowledge base within India. On top of that you have employment and a very skilled industrial technical base that compounds in value over time.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Mort Walker wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:Promoting indigenization is fine. Banning ALL imports sounds like an iron curtain. In a global economy, how exactly do you do this? Everything from the tejas to the alh uses imported components, no?
This is not about stopping imports of components. A weapon system is designed for mission requirements specific for India’s strategic goals. Importing entire weapon systems is not needed when there are suitable alternatives within India. The Tejas, Arjun, Dhanush, LCH, and others. Yes they may have 70% imported components, but the design, integration, deployment and logistics creates a huge technical and operational knowledge base within India. On top of that you have employment and a very skilled industrial technical base that compounds in value over time.
No problem with what you are saying and I daresay, nobody on the forum will have a problem with building local mic, but all imports cannot be stopped. It is neither necessary, nor truly possible
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Not all weapon systems will be stop being imported. When there is an Indian alternative it should be handed over to private companies for production. Private industry and not government enterprises will be given the mandate to make these weapon systems in numbers.