2020 US election results discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Raveen
BRFite

Re: 2020 US election results discussion

Post by Raveen »

arshyam wrote:I am quite genuinely surprised that a proud democracy didn't think to have a neutral election authority, which is a rather basic requirement for a free and fair election. I wonder if the usual European busybodies send observers to "observe" the US elections for fairness? They seem to do this for a lot of "third world" countries, whereas their gaze should start with the comfy environs to their west... Seems long overdue now.
Given enough time and money, no body can remain neutral for ever.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

sudarshan wrote:
Ambar wrote: That is not the point, the point is they keep "finding" stacks of new ballot that they claim were uncounted previously. In MI they pulled something off which is statistically impossible unless i am misunderstand it , i.e. ~140000 ballots that were counted past midnight were all for Biden with 0 for Trump. There are issues where Philly seems to have allowed people to vote after the official close of polling station, NC which has allowed people to vote without IDs, and AZ where ballots filled with sharpies are being discounted. This is like Bihar and UP elections of the 90s.
Any references or at least pointers to this 140,000 ballots thingy? Not saying it can't be true, but that's a serious allegation of outright fraud, if there's some documentation of it, that would be so much better.
Sudharshanji, there's a graph in the article where you can see similar thing has happened in WI too. A clean, vertical uptick in the plotline of Biden that suddenly overtakes Trump.

https://redstatenation.com/overnight-mi ... for-biden/
greatde
BRFite

Post by greatde »

Zynda wrote:It seems like Biden has won WI with a margin of around 20k votes. So, does this nail the coffin on Trump's chances?
NO. Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona are the key states. And Biden needs to be at least 3 of them, and appears on course. Thus, if the leads becomes the win, it's over for Trump.

Trump needs 4 wins out of 6, and Biden 3 out of 6.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Zynda wrote:It seems like Biden has won WI with a margin of around 20k votes. So, is the final nail on the coffin for Trump's chances?
if WI is gone, he is done unless he flips MI
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

KL Dubey wrote:
Punjabi wrote:Loss of Arizona was a dagger in Trump's backside... Biden is a career politician, will do nothing...after watching and often voting Dem, I have 0 faith in Dems doing anything for Indian Americans and generally speaking...
I am not sure what Joe (or any president) is supposed to specially do for Indian-Americans, who are not my concern at all (I am not Indian-American). I haven't been following the requests/demands of Indian-Americans (do they have a list ?), and good luck to them....I do know that Asian-Americans sent a list of demands to both candidates and only Biden responded promising to do something. Trump did not respond.

In terms of India and Indians, some issues:

- Trump had promised to deliver a much better immigration system based on merit (both employment and family). Based on what was claimed, it would dramatically increase the speed of this by eliminating competition with illiterate Mexicans/Filipinos. This has not materialized. I do think the bill will be modified and introduced by the house. It is not really a Biden issue.

- Trump administration has recently introduced a series of really irritating visa rules and regulations targeting H-1B, F, and J visas...a lot of these professionals, scientists, and students are Indians. I do hope Biden will drop or roll back these dramas. Courts have already invalidated most of these rules, but still it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

- Against China, the Trump administration has supported strongly, but I expect continuity especially since this support is not ad hoc but based upon signed agreements and strategic purpose. Also, it has mainly been Pompeo driving this and I am not sure if Trump has played a strong role beyond telling Pompeo to "go screw China however you can".
I am not sure what the I am not Indian-American means, does that mean you are Indian and can't vote? Or American lurking on an Indian forum? Or like Kamala chachi, confused?

- At least he has promised action, what have the Dems promised other than a free-for all jump the border and claim asylum policy? I mean, there are 90 year old grandmas jumping the border claiming gangs are after them - do you buy that BS?

- These are fair - H4 EAD is a prime example of appeasement BS that alienates Americans. If you are worthy of finding a highly skilled job, then like your spouse, find a company that will sponsor your H1-B, why should you be allowed to be receptionist just because your husband was smart?

- At least he had the cojones to unleash Pompeo, what would the Dems to other than finger wagging?
Last edited by Raveen on 04 Nov 2020 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Ambar wrote: Sudharshanji, there's a graph in the article where you can see similar thing has happened in WI too. A clean, vertical uptick in the plotline of Biden that suddenly overtakes Trump.

That does seem suspicious. The charitable interpretation would be that the uptick in the red line is hidden behind the blue line, although the mag. of the blue jump for WI makes it seem very strange.

For MI, there seems to have been a similar blue jump earlier in the day, and a similar red jump a little earlier than that. Let's see if anybody else picks up on it (like, say, Trump himself).
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

The uptick is because of specific counties and mail in votes being counted. They were predicted / polled to be heavily democratic.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

It's game over for Trump.
Punjabi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Punjabi »

schinnas wrote:It's game over for Trump.
There is good reason to agree on this...'Is bar No Trump Sarkar' unfortunately...be prepared for barrage of hoooman rights garbage from American Shantodoots and their sold chamchas in India...I am sure NaMo and team have factored that in...
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

islamic orgs will be looking to extract their pound of flesh for supporting Biden. Biden had been attributed to ideas of bringing in more islamic leaning people to administration roles within bureaucracy. I suppose that they will be bringing in female ones to claim improvements in multiple categories.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Kutchi origin Republican Niraj Antani elected to Ohio State Senate
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/11/04/ ... te-senate/
Washington: America born Niraj Antani, a 29-year-old Kutchi Gujarati origin Republican has become the first Indian-American to be elected to the Ohio state Senate. Antani, currently the State Representative, defeated Mark Fogel of the Democratic Party.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sudarshan wrote:
Ambar wrote: Sudharshanji, there's a graph in the article where you can see similar thing has happened in WI too. A clean, vertical uptick in the plotline of Biden that suddenly overtakes Trump.

That does seem suspicious. The charitable interpretation would be that the uptick in the red line is hidden behind the blue line, although the mag. of the blue jump for WI makes it seem very strange.

For MI, there seems to have been a similar blue jump earlier in the day, and a similar red jump a little earlier than that. Let's see if anybody else picks up on it (like, say, Trump himself).
Surprised that BRF is falling for this type of BS. These large upticks are very common in urban areas where Dems routinely bring in 3:1 to 5:1 vote ratios over Reps. In some localities it is much more...you cannot find anyone who is voting Rep. The Dem vote tends to be very concentrated.

Traditionally, Rep voters are spread out in rural and suburban areas and they win elections by picking up small numbers of votes everywhere. You will not see these big upticks for Reps.

Also, look at the graph. It seems doctored (added later: or the graphics software has some issue)...the Rep graph just below the Dem graph seems to have been erased out, although you can still see a trace of it. Trump also got votes, but much lower than Biden. The final margin is still razor thin, the two graphs are neck to neck.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 05 Nov 2020 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
greatde
BRFite

Post by greatde »

Trump's team and certain pollsters still confident about AZ, and if and if, it flips back. It's game ON.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

KL Dubey wrote:
sudarshan wrote:

Surprised that BRF is falling for this type of BS. These large upticks are very common in urban areas where Dems routinely bring in 3:1 to 5:1 vote ratios over Reps. In some localities it is much more...you cannot find anyone who is voting Rep. The Dem vote tends to be very concentrated.

Traditionally, Rep voters are spread out in rural and suburban areas and they win elections by picking up small numbers of votes everywhere. You will not see these big upticks for Reps.

Also, look at the graph. It seems doctored...the Rep graph just below the Dem graph seems to have been erased out, although you can still see a trace of it. Trump also got votes, but much lower than Biden. The final margin is still razor thin, the two graphs are neck to neck.
Concentrated in project housing, section 8, ghettos, hoods, barios, etc.?
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Raveen wrote:I am not sure what the I am not Indian-American means, does that mean you are Indian and can't vote? Or American lurking on an Indian forum? Or like Kamala chachi, confused?
Keep guessing.
- At least he has promised action, what have the Dems promised other than a free-for all jump the border and claim asylum policy? I mean, there are 90 year old grandmas jumping the border claiming gangs are after them - do you buy that BS?
I am not interested in arguing over low-level US politics.My summary in previous post, and additional comments below, are all you will get.
- These are fair - H4 EAD is a prime example of appeasement BS that alienates Americans. If you are worthy of finding a highly skilled job, then like your spouse, find a company that will sponsor your H1-B, why should you be allowed to be receptionist just because your husband was smart?
That's what the guys in Trump's administration (USCIS director, and a couple of senators like Tom Cotton) thought too. You have the result today, of what seems to be heading to a loss for him. Overplaying to the gallery didn't help. On the flip slide of your question, you also can't claim a lowly receptionist is taking away high-paying jobs from Americans. Seems like H4-EAD was not quite the top issue on voters' minds, was it ?
- At least he had the cojones to unleash Pompeo, what would the Dems to other than finger wagging?
I agree with the first sentence, as mentioned in my previous post. Regarding the second, let's find out once (if and when) Biden assumes office. I obviously I can't predict what he "would have done" (the old "if my aunt had a male part..." thing). Here is some info for you:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... with-china
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Raveen wrote:I am not sure what the I am not Indian-American means, does that mean you are Indian and can't vote? Or American lurking on an Indian forum? Or like Kamala chachi, confused?
Asking other posters to describe personal details is not permitted. If they volunteer it, that's fine - personal choice. But don't ask.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Suraj wrote:
Asking other posters to describe personal details is not permitted. If they volunteer it, that's fine - personal choice. But don't ask.
Thanks for the note Suraj, they offered information themselves, I was seeking clarity lest I didn't comprehend what they meant. It appears it wasn't a comprehension issue.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

greatde wrote:Trump's team and certain pollsters still confident about AZ, and if and if, it flips back. It's game ON.
Seems somewhat unlikely, though "anything can happen". AZ is a small state with about 3.2 million votes, Joe has opened a 93,000 vote lead with only about 440,000 votes remaining. And if you look at this interactive county map, you see that a majority of these remaining votes are from two urban counties that are already returning big margins for Joe:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... nt-results
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Trump team is requesting for a recount in WI.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

I find 538 to be most thorough and level-headed election analysts. They have an ongoing blog coverage which is very useful. Please refer to it, since their staff posts messages in response to misinformation:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2 ... -coverage/
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Nate Silver (FiveThirtyEight.com) has been spending the last four years explaining why he got the 2016 result so badly wrong. He's gone various ways explaining why he didn't it wrong even though his estimates misled so many people that they cooled to him.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

KL Dubey wrote:
sudarshan wrote:

Also, look at the graph. It seems doctored (added later: or the graphics software has some issue)...the Rep graph just below the Dem graph seems to have been erased out, although you can still see a trace of it. Trump also got votes, but much lower than Biden. The final margin is still razor thin, the two graphs are neck to neck.
Its not the uptick itself but the fact that out of 138k ballots all 100% of it was for Joe Biden and none for Trump ! The data is in the 2nd image in the article posted above, ofcourse you can find it in other places too. What are the odds of not even a single voter voting for Trump in the entire tranche of ballots ?

Anyone after hearing Biden's rambling, incoherent speeches during his "campaign" knows he will just be the dems Manmohan Singh. He is well past his mental peak, he is 78 yrs old, this will be Kamala and Nancy Pelosis administration. Poor Hillary Clinton is probably crying a river drowning herself in wine for the 2nd time in 4 yrs ! As for GoP, looks like they get to keep the senate for now. It will be interesting to see who the candidate will be from GoP in 2024, but its unlike there will be another Trump anytime soon. If we think about it the modern GoP's foundations were laid by former democrats in the 1950s and 60s, as the blue wave spreads the future "moderates" will also be a breakaway faction from the democrats. The fundamental lever of a democracy is demographics, you win if you have it in your favor and you'll lose if you don't.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Suraj wrote:Nate Silver (FiveThirtyEight.com) has been spending the last four years explaining why he got the 2016 result so badly wrong. He's gone various ways explaining why he didn't it wrong even though his estimates misled so many people that they cooled to him.
Exactly - that's all he's tweeted about for 4 years straight...I follow him on there.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

KL Dubey wrote:
sudarshan wrote:

Surprised that BRF is falling for this type of BS. These large upticks are very common in urban areas where Dems routinely bring in 3:1 to 5:1 vote ratios over Reps. In some localities it is much more...you cannot find anyone who is voting Rep. The Dem vote tends to be very concentrated..
Even if it is 5:1 in favor of Biden, shouldn't the other 20% be Trump's? Iows, how come Trump's tally remain the same while bidens shoots up by 140k votes? Or is this some kind of graphical misrepresentation?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

There are also reports that in wisconsin the number of votes is 450k higher than the number of registered voters (as on 11/1).
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Cain Marko wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:
Surprised that BRF is falling for this type of BS. These large upticks are very common in urban areas where Dems routinely bring in 3:1 to 5:1 vote ratios over Reps. In some localities it is much more...you cannot find anyone who is voting Rep. The Dem vote tends to be very concentrated..
Even if it is 5:1 in favor of Biden, shouldn't the other 20% be Trump's? Iows, how come Trump's tally remain the same while bidens shoots up by 140k votes? Or is this some kind of graphical misrepresentation?
Read my post again. You're mistaken that it was 100-0. Look at the graph and the actual data. Trump's tally was also updated, it is just below Biden's. A margin of 38,000 votes.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Cain Marko wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:
Exactly. That single tranche of ballots in MI had 138,339 votes, and all 100% of them went to Joe Biden !

As for WI, they did something similar to MI with the votes but i don't think there is anything suspicious about the voter turnout itself. WI counts the percentage based on eligible voters and not registered voters, besides it is also one of those states which allows voting day registration.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

^^People should actually look at the data, instead of believing a half-cropped image and a link to some dubious site.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Suraj wrote:Nate Silver (FiveThirtyEight.com) has been spending the last four years explaining why he got the 2016 result so badly wrong. He's gone various ways explaining why he didn't it wrong even though his estimates misled so many people that they cooled to him.
I like the fact that 538 has multiple people doing analysis, from different political leanings.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cain Marko wrote:There are also reports that in wisconsin the number of votes is 450k higher than the number of registered voters (as on 11/1).
aren't these guys required to produce voter ids

and why do I get the feeling that the way the Indian election commission runs the Indian elections is the best run system in the world :mrgreen:

can't these ameriki fakers even manage to run a simple election without raking up so many controversies
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

chetak wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:There are also reports that in wisconsin the number of votes is 450k higher than the number of registered voters (as on 11/1).
aren't these guys required to produce voter ids

and why do I get the feeling that the way the Indian election commission runs the Indian elections is the best run system in the world :mrgreen:

can't these ameriki fakers even manage to run a simple election without raking up so many controversies
These are just rumors. As long as you have not changed your address, become eligible to vote, you can just tell them to keep me registered for next elections. Only new citizens, new 18 years old and people who have changed address need to be registered/fix again. Picture ID (Drivers license or passport) must be provided with address , which is verified by 2 different person and you sign in a box next to your name/address and then a third person gives you a ballot.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

MI should be called for Joe any time now. Counting seems almost done and he has a bigger lead (60K+). That, and assuming NV stays blue, means he will be exactly at 270.

Imagine the scene:

Joe is snoozing through the afternoon.
Kamala shakes him awake: "Hey Joe,...Joe!! We won! Wake up!"
Joe: "uhhh....Whaaaaa...?? Oh yeah! good, good!...what did we win, again?"

:rotfl:
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Additionally, Joe is starting to close the gap in PA. Large numbers of votes coming in from Philadelphia area and Pittsburgh. He has a pretty good chance of ending up the winner.

Same with GA...Trump has only a 76K lead with more than 350K votes left...a lot of that is the Atlanta area. There is a good chance of Joe flipping GA.

If even one of these happen, all the drama about WI recount or MI "vote upticks" will be irrelevant.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Here's Rudy Guliani saying the same thing the so called "half cropped image from a dubious site" is saying - not allowing observers, at 4 AM the mysterious findings of ballots, and the ballots being counted towards Joe Biden turning the tides in all those states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8X3Mco ... naldJTrump

The media will declare Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the next President and VP by tomorrow, but the nation's divide just widened even more. Be it Trump or Biden i wish it was a landslide because just like 2000 elections this Presidency too will have to live with a long shadow of doubt about its legitimacy . If someone were to tell me that a 78 yr old former senator from DE with 40+ years of mediocracy now living with slurring speech and memory issues, and a controversial attorney general who voted 1% in the primaries will attract more voters than the slick talking, clean cut young Barack Obama did in 2008 then i'd have called them crazy, but that's what the numbers are suggesting today.

This all comes at a time when Modi is perhaps at his weakest in his entire political career, without a big win in Bihar he will further be on the backfoot. Question is how hard will the paki lobbying push to sanction India on religious rights, CAA, 370 etc through Biden & co. and in what areas. The biggest winners are ofcourse the China-Iran-Turkey-Pakistan quad, sanctions on Iran will be lifted once again, and Turkey and Pakistan will get much more space to fly their trial balloons . I hope our security agencies are on their highest alert because Lt Gen Faiz Hameed must be salivating at the prospects of restarting the "death by a thousand cuts" program.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

This matters because Rudy Guliani is credible?
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

What happens in Vegas won't stay in Vegas anymore.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Not at all Sir, no one is credible other than Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden , Kamala Harris, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and their coterie .
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

The sanctimonious global leftist libtards who had taken a beating seem to be on a weak rebound.
It's because their opponents have not quite understood how to retain and project power. They are green horns.
Trump gave us 3 years of chaos before he found his footing. He has done some really good things in the last 1-2 years but he spooked a lot of people
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

banrjeer wrote:The sanctimonious global leftist libtards who had taken a beating seem to be on a weak rebound.
It's because their opponents have not quite understood how to retain and project power. They are green horns.
Trump gave us 3 years of chaos before he found his footing. He has done some really good thing in the last 1-2 years but he spooked many republicans.
especially if biden takes the pressure off the choke hold on xi's neck, xi will turn around and first bite India to set an example for all to see
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Ambar wrote:Not at all Sir, no one is credible other than Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden , Kamala Harris, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and their coterie .
Just imagine that this people will have access to all sorts of classified information.