2020 US election results discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
george
BRFite -Trainee

Re: 2020 US election results discussion

Post by george »

Raja wrote:
Philip wrote:It's the nature of the postal ballot,suddenly in unheard of numbers and with v.lax checks on the integrity of the ballot. Counting them last as well asks serious Qs.
Well, it was not actually unheard of. We have been hearing about record early voting for days now. Yes the counting is a big mess, but you do realize that this is largely by Republican design, right? They continue to fight any efforts to make the process any easier blocking every sensible plan. It is in their short-term interest, so I don't blame them. A legitimate vote casted for Biden by mail-in vote is far more likely to be *NOT* counted, than the other way around.
I am sure you will want to suggest a postal ballot system in India as well since its so 'fool' - proof
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Philip wrote:It's the nature of the postal ballot,suddenly in unheard of numbers and with v.lax checks on the integrity of the ballot. Counting them last as well asks serious Qs. I too feel that in general Indo- US relations staying yhd course,but what course Biden would take it is the big Q.Will he continue to resist Commie China or will the Clinton Chin triads rule the roost?

We have to be v.careful in QUAD expectations. Our membership of the QUAD gives the alliance dominance of the IOR,but does not guarantee us of the same in the ICS. Moreover what happens if a Sino- Pak JV attacks India? How will the QUAD actively help us in return.
the installation of encrypted ameriki comm equipment on Indian assets operating in the IOR may help those interested to track in real time the position and deployment of such assets and also maybe monitor communications.

the QUAD is not mandated to function as a NATO "substitute" in this part of the world. At most we may have some limited access to satellite and covert intelligence generated data.

having the aussies in the mix complicates matters very much for us.

the true extent of the han penetration into the aussie body politic is not really known to us and also the remnants of the kevin rudd era han pasand nutters still present among the aussie babooze and military personnel is again not known to us.

It's best for us to work under the assumption that secrets entrusted to the QUAD may not remain secrets for very long.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

george wrote:
Raja wrote:
Well, it was not actually unheard of. We have been hearing about record early voting for days now. Yes the counting is a big mess, but you do realize that this is largely by Republican design, right? They continue to fight any efforts to make the process any easier blocking every sensible plan. It is in their short-term interest, so I don't blame them. A legitimate vote casted for Biden by mail-in vote is far more likely to be *NOT* counted, than the other way around.
I am sure you will want to suggest a postal ballot system in India as well since its so 'fool' - proof
I think you should go back to arguing how the higher turnout is due to a massive fraud. You are doing such a good job at it.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Folks, spare us your personal attacks. Even if you are a Trump supporter, you don't have to behave like him.
Thanks.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

chetak wrote:
Philip wrote:It's the nature of the postal ballot,suddenly in unheard of numbers and with v.lax checks on the integrity of the ballot. Counting them last as well asks serious Qs. I too feel that in general Indo- US relations staying yhd course,but what course Biden would take it is the big Q.Will he continue to resist Commie China or will the Clinton Chin triads rule the roost?

It's best for us to work under the assumption that secrets entrusted to the QUAD may not remain secrets for very long.
Very true Don't want a cold-war era British(Sieve Bucket) Intelligence Unit types(a la Phiby etc)working in the QUAD
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

It's probably time to catalog entities that will be used against India. Starting with likes of pramilla to potential islamic candidates that Harris would utilize within administration to EJ organizations. I definitely see new administration figuring out ways to supply weapons to Turkey and pukes. chinese would be fully exploiting this change in administration. It never felt that Trump administration was successful at purging memory of being in love with china out of various institutions. At lot of places, I have observed that anyone with chinese connection was being shunned but having pakistan or turkey connection was okay. That's like having a ban on flights from china but allowing flights from Italy. The second degree connection to china was totally being ignored. chinese would still have had access through paki Americans.

Hindu Americans need to wake up and start utilizing lessons learned by communities in UK about the ramifications of islamic votebanks. Muslims actively seek administration and decision making roles to influence various daily activities. For example, school boards (chinese are also actively involved here). Or not allowing people to connect dots about child grooming gangs and islam. Political attacks on Hinduism and Hindus would have a bigger effect within US and kids born here. islamic votebanks and organizations would actively work to keep Hindus out of political scene as observed in this election where CAIR and emgage were actively attacking Hindu candidates at all positions.
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

darshan wrote:It's probably time to catalog entities that will be used against India. Starting with likes of pramilla to potential islamic candidates that Harris would utilize within administration to EJ organizations. I definitely see new administration figuring out ways to supply weapons to Turkey and pukes. chinese would be fully exploiting this change in administration. It never felt that Trump administration was successful at purging memory of being in love with china out of various institutions. At lot of places, I have observed that anyone with chinese connection was being shunned but having pakistan or turkey connection was okay. That's like having a ban on flights from china but allowing flights from Italy. The second degree connection to china was totally being ignored. chinese would still have had access through paki Americans.

Hindu Americans need to wake up and start utilizing lessons learned by communities in UK about the ramifications of islamic votebanks. Muslims actively seek administration and decision making roles to influence various daily activities. For example, school boards (chinese are also actively involved here). Or not allowing people to connect dots about child grooming gangs and islam. Political attacks on Hinduism and Hindus would have a bigger effect within US and kids born here. islamic votebanks and organizations would actively work to keep Hindus out of political scene as observed in this election where CAIR and emgage were actively attacking Hindu candidates at all positions.
I am sure that the MEA babooze can grow a pair & remind the US (in case Biden/Mami decides to placate AOC,Rashida, Promila etc) to have a look in the mirror.

Any idead as to who would be handling external affairs, defense etc? Any names floating?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

MEA for sure would handle Indian side but Hindu Americans within US need to start thinking about long term and future generations.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

At this rate, Tamil Nadu may be the first place that Harris visits.
https://www.india.com/viral/us-elecctio ... s-4198258/
"We believe that after winning US Elections 2020, she’ll come and meet us,” said a local.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Democrat america is the future.

CONUS was destined to fall under leftist/democratic rule after a certain point.

Just like india, the minorities in the US will vote for any party that defeats the majority party(sangh). The so-called "Hindu Americans" will eventually understand and play along. The WASPs thought that they could absorb the asian and the African communities inside their civilization if only they managed to convert them to Christianity. The WASPs(entire west in general) do not understand how caste works.

The US is no longer a provider of goods to the world. It is no longer a stable country as we previously thought. Indians account for less than 1% of the total population of the US. We need to learn from the mistakes of multiculturalism and change accordingly.
Last edited by nvishal on 05 Nov 2020 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

darshan wrote:At this rate, Tamil Nadu may be the first place that Harris visits.
https://www.india.com/viral/us-elecctio ... s-4198258/
"We believe that after winning US Elections 2020, she’ll come and meet us,” said a local.
No way apart from a few sweet nothings, she does not have any real connection to Tamil Nadu, I just hope the Democrats dont implement any Paki / JNU agenda
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

TN elections and interference.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

TN elections, its money. If DMK and allies money supply is restricted they will lose. And a liberal Brahmin Grandfather is not useful for DMK narrative.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Aditya_V wrote:TN elections, its money. If DMK and allies money supply is restricted they will lose. And a liberal Brahmin Grandfather is not useful for DMK narrative.
however, the black baptist may well be. :mrgreen:

and, a definite leg up for the conversion gangs in TN and AP and the rest of India who will flaunt the connection for all it's worth.

but the Modi govt may not accept the VP before the POTUS, citing protocol and the mylapore maami will not make a "private" visit.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

After a very short pause, it is back to regular programming in Portland, OR. Violent "protests" have begun in earnest. There's also a nationwide call for protests over the weekend..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItGSOO ... el=FoxNews

and in Denver, protestors took to the streets with slogans "no borders, no walls,no USA"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... -a-at-all/

After orchestrating color revolutions around the world, a new shade of the old colors is now engulfing US of A.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

We will be back to inside the beltway politics. Donald Trump was outsiders and was witch hunted by all liberals, media and even by his own party people. Very sad.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

If Biden is a mumbling MMS and Maami is too new to handle things on her own, which power centers are expected to be in charge of policy making?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Maami was handpicked by Obama, Pelosi and Schumer , she will be the defacto President and the democratic Presidential candidate in 2024 (or sooner).The power will firmly reside with the DNC puppetmasters as usual. The way things stand GoP may just hold on to senate with house once again under the control of democrats. More back and forth will continue until midterms atleast.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

GA has become very interesting for many reasons:

- If Joe's momentum continues through the last 60K ballots remaining, he will squeak through and win GA. Trump will have essentially no path left to victory.

- GA has never "gone Donkey for a Yankee" (the rhyme is mine) after the civil rights act passed in 1964. It will be remarkable if Joe can do it while asleep. The only thing more remarkable would be if he still remembers it the next day.

- The same momentum seems to be affecting the two Senate races, which both seem to be going to a runoff (GA requires runoffs if the leader does not get 50% pof the vote) that would benefit the donkeys. If those two seats end up going donkey, the senate control would also flip to them.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

KL Dubey wrote:GA has become very interesting for many reasons:

... It will be remarkable if Joe can do it while asleep. The only thing more remarkable would be if he still remembers it the next day...
:rotfl: Yeah I don't know how many people really believe they're voting for Biden. All that's needed of that guy is that he periodically wakes up to sign on the dotted line. Not to make fun of a disability, but then he shouldn't be running for the highest office in the country. After foisting MMS upon India, it would be ironic if the US ends up in a similar situation.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Dilbu wrote:If Biden is a mumbling MMS and Maami is too new to handle things on her own, which power centers are expected to be in charge of policy making?
Jokes apart, things do not work this way in the US. Among many things, the massive US federal bureaucracy has been hammered by Trump over the last few years and will be only too eager to implement what Joe wants.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

KLNMurthy wrote:
sudarshan wrote: ...

I don't think they'll do a full recount though, only that one state?
There is no such animal as national level full recount because there is no such animal as national elections in the US. Only individual states conduct elections, and so all dispute resolution is per-state only, according to that state’s laws.
That's what I thought, thx for confirming.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sudarshan wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:GA has become very interesting for many reasons:

... It will be remarkable if Joe can do it while asleep. The only thing more remarkable would be if he still remembers it the next day...
:rotfl: Yeah I don't know how many people really believe they're voting for Biden. All that's needed of that guy is that he periodically wakes up to sign on the dotted line. Not to make fun of a disability, but then he shouldn't be running for the highest office in the country. After foisting MMS upon India, it would be ironic if the US ends up in a similar situation.
It was a joke. I don't see any great difference in capability between Joe and Trump. They'll both get a few things done, but nothing wonderfully exciting for Indians....maybe something useful on immigration. USA does not require (or allow) changes on the massive scale that India needs (and is being given by NaMo).
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

It's going to be a GridLocked 4 years.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

george wrote:
DavidD wrote:
I don't know how you're doing your math, but the 3.3 M / 4.3m eligible voters is 76%, a very high turnout, but not unbelievable. We knew turnout was gonna be high, a few states even had more votes submitted before the election day than the total in 2016.
I see that you simply sidestepped the question of a 20% jump in turnout in both states and instead want to judge my math skills?
If your numbers/math is wrong, which it is, then it's not a 20% jump. I felt that should be addressed first, don't you agree?

http://www.electproject.org/home/voter- ... rnout-data

For example, Michigan's voter turnout was 65.7% (4.87M / 7.42M) in 2016, 73.5% (5.55M / 7.55M) this year, a relative increase of 11.8% (73.5 - 65.7 / 65.7).

Note that I'm using the "total votes counted" for my calculations, which includes votes for 3rd party candidates and votes that did not go for any presidential candidate. Those votes constitute <2% of total votes each year.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

vimal wrote:It's going to be a GridLocked 4 years.
This is a perfect scenario for players like China and TSP to make some moves. Expect more chinese action like inching forward slowly to grab a mile at the end of a year in South China Sea.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Let us also hope that work on all china specific weapons continues and it's not hampered. Only time will tell how this cookie crumbles for US for ignoring the best candidate on table, Tulsi.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Ambar wrote:Maami was handpicked by Obama, Pelosi and Schumer , she will be the defacto President and the democratic Presidential candidate in 2024 (or sooner).The power will firmly reside with the DNC puppetmasters as usual. The way things stand GoP may just hold on to senate with house once again under the control of democrats. More back and forth will continue until midterms atleast.
Wouldn't obama want michelle to be the candidate in 2024?
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

banrjeer wrote:
nvishal wrote:Changing demographics in the US is a soothing sight for sore eyes. A war at home will help keep them away from the wars afar.

Many Indians don't see it yet but the influx/growth of Mexicans, Muslims(along with af-americans) within CONUS will cut down WASPs global aspirations.
The dems will typically outsource their spine to the neocons who split with trump. They can go back to their set ways of appeasing and investing in China funding the pukes.

Both Arabs and Israelis will be disappointed with the change.
Why? Democrats will support Turkey and all Sunni Arab states to undermine Russian interests across the ME and Central Asia. This means regime change back on the table in Syria, Turkey wins in Libya, Armenia gets crushed, Pakistan/Taliban get Afghanistan, Pakistan is MUNNA once more, etc.

Looks like a win for the Sunni muslim world and for China, and a loss for Shiite muslims, Russia, India, Armenia, Syrians, moderate Libyans, and many others. Russia is probably the biggest loser of all: Belarus will definitely explode now, and Ukraine will reignite also.

Interesting times ahead for India. Better brace for it.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Sicanta wrote:
Ambar wrote:Maami was handpicked by Obama, Pelosi and Schumer , she will be the defacto President and the democratic Presidential candidate in 2024 (or sooner).The power will firmly reside with the DNC puppetmasters as usual. The way things stand GoP may just hold on to senate with house once again under the control of democrats. More back and forth will continue until midterms atleast.
Pennsylvania Democrats going to court to block court order that supports allowing GOP/Trump supporters from watching the counting of ballots.

What are they worried about ? This after apologizing to a GoP observer who was denied entry on the election day despite have proper credentials. Ofcourse, they must also be worried if the observers will notice how many voters have mailed their ballots from the cemetery like in MI where they've found a bunch of 120+ yr olds who wanted to exercise their democratic rights from their grave !

Sicanta, Michelle will first be catapulted into the senate, for 2024 it will be Kamala Harris.

The incredible thing about "Hi, I am Joe Biden, husband of Joe Biden!" and Maami Harris is their wonderful electoral history. Joe Biden ran for the Presidency 3 times in his career in the past, his performance was 0.0%, 0.1% and 1.4%. Kamala Harris' primary run netted her 1% in the primaries - these will the new leaders of the US, so much for people's mandate.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

New results from Nawada (USA) show Joe Bhai-den expanding his lead there. Results from Nawada (Bihar) expected on Nov 10 onlee.
Punjabi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Punjabi »

Sicanta wrote:
With AuntieKamala by then having real vPOTUS (and indirect POTUS) on the job experience, it'd be hard to bump her off and put Michelle for POTUS ticket.
On the Red-side, this should be a good wake up call if they want to stay relevant while preserving their Red-base, having Nikki Haley as vPOTUS candidate should be a good choice. She is more pro-India than others. No one in politics is super-clean but she is broadly palatable for us Desi Americans... It is about time we wake up and see Dems have mostly brainwashed us... Look at how increasing number of Black folks and Latinos have voted for Trump.

On another note, it is tragic that since 2000 (remember hanging/pregnant Chads) nothing much has changed in America...we can't even get our voting system conformed to a national standard...50 states, own rules, deadlines, voting formats...God Help us
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Y. Kanan wrote:
banrjeer wrote:
Interesting times ahead for India. Better brace for it.
Too many assumptions.

India will forge ahead independent of any of this. NaMo, Shah, et al are running a tight ship.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Senate control is critically important to the Dems to actually do anything for the next two years. All Presidential appointments are ratified by the Senate, including the cabinet and other cases. If the Republicans retain control, then they can stonewall everything until the next round of Senate elections in 2 years potentially changes the Senate.

It's worth noting that Trump picked up 62M votes in 2016, but has already picked up 69M votes this time. In absolute terms 11% more people voted for him despite how he's portrayed / behaved . I think that reality makes the US political situation near permanently split down the middle. Most of us who lived here know there's an undercurrent of the kind of energy Trump knows how to bring out. It is like the Borat movies. The movies are not making fun of Americans - it's enabling people to put their guard down and express how they truly feel. The Trump vote base is a reflection of that.

The Democrats are making the mistake in portraying it as some Trump behavior. As the saying goes, "I have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us". Trump isn't causing bad behavior. That has been there forever. This is a social behavior thing - Trump is simply a good demagogue who knows how to tap into emotions and behavior that are already ingrained in a large number of people.

The Dems want to pretend such thinking isn't there as long as there's no demagogue around to tap into it. There's no one articulately stating reality - the demagogue is simply bringing out in a political level what ethnic minorities see on a day to day basis and have grown up knowing how to carefully avoid situations that could be problematic.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

is there any truth to this

Judicial Watch finds 1.8 million 'ghost voters' in 29 states, warns of 'dirty elections'

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times
Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Judicial Watch has released a comparison study of Census Bureau population statistics and state voter registration data to reveal a notable disparity. The watch dog group is now warning of potential voter fraud and “dirty” voter rolls.

The study found that 352 U.S. counties in 29 states managed to have 1.8 million more registered voters than eligible voting-age citizens.

“In other words, the registration rates of those counties exceeded 100% of eligible voters. The study found eight states showing state-wide registration rates exceeding 100%: Alaska, Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Vermont,” reported Tom Fitton, president of the watchdog group.

Some of that excess ran as high as 187% in Texas, 177% in New Mexico and 171% in South Dakota.

“The new study of excess — or ghost voters — highlights the recklessness of mailing blindly ballots and ballot applications to voter registration lists. Dirty voting rolls can mean dirty elections,” Mr. Fitton noted.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

Punjabi wrote:
Sicanta wrote:
.................God Help us
You worry too much, please get a grip. :D
Stiff upper lip and all that and for gods sake remember, you are after all a PUNJABI :)
as am I.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

george wrote:
saip wrote:Sooraj, please do not spread Internet hoaxes. Thanks.
This comment is over the top. Who made you the fake news screening authority? That table is absolutely valid data. And what you postedd is the population count. What age did you get the right to vote?
Not really. If you scroll down the link you would have noticed the table with the heading: Number Of Registered Voters by State 2020
Your comment is totally uncalled for.
Here are the figures for Nevada: Population: 3,139,660, Registered Voters: 1,821,356, Percentage of registered voters: 58.1%.
Pennsylvania 9,091,371 12,820,900 70.91%

You can check the rest. That poster did not provide the link which is a no, no on BRF.

Here is another link from Nevada state:
https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/home/showdocument?id=9080

There is another note on top of the table:* A previous version of this page contained data from 2018. The current data is the most recent provided by each state.
That table could have been created using 2018 data and spread the fake data.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

"Punjabi", "Avtar" - With an OBC PM and SC President in India, it is time for similar social justice in USA. I urge you all to work for an OBC (Jat) president in 2024 instead of a "half-brahman coming from a privileged caste".
Last edited by KL Dubey on 06 Nov 2020 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Even with court orders PA refuses to allow observers, yes, just observers on day 3 of counting that too !

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... 1163538432

Why the fear if you have nothing to hide ? For a country that has alphabet soup of federal departments, i am amazed they dont have a centralized election commission that can draft single set of rules, timelines, streamlined process for the elections.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Sure. The NGO involved has started suing some states. Will be popcorn time if either side finds a systematic operation of having people vote in multiple states. The distances involved are no longer a barrier given the invention of the automobile.