2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: 2020 US election results discussion

Post by Suraj »

Karan_M: Sounds like we'll just have to agree to disagree, and move on :)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by chetak »

Thakur_B wrote:TI is a young guy, barely 23-24. One semi-anon twitter handle has put the entire emminent historian cabals chaddi in a vice like knot. No wonder he is widely hated and targeted.
On twitter, politeness doesn't count, and meekness is not a desirable quality. Twitter is not a garden tea party with the queen where one needs to be on best behavior all togged out in tails and a top hat.

TI riles the commies/BIF because he calls them out and puts them in their places and they do not have a comeback to contradict or rebut him.

so the only thing that they can do is to ban him using their commie contacts in twitter. that silly cop has a bloated sense of self and she exercises the entitlement of coercive power which she officially does not have over a person's fundamental rights.

no cop in any democracy ought to or should have such power over the FOE of another citizen.

so instead of unconditionally supporting TI, a few have gone off at a tangent on some confused fishing expedition citing unacceptable reasons.

TI has supported the cause unconditionally but somehow we always see such cultural champions through colored lenses when we ourselves have neither the moral courage to back him up nor the cerebral potency to fight alongside him.

TI may or may not be crude depending on one's perch on high but he is certainly effective and THAT is the ONLY reason why he has been suspended by twitter. More power to him/her

Everyone knows that there are handles that far more vile, abusive and corrosive but blessed with the blue tick who are happily tweeting away against Modi and the Hindus but no one says anything about such vermin

there is an eagerness among the RW to forgive "others" but they will never forgive or even tolerate their own kind who are talented and have risen on their own.

The curse of our eternal crab syndrome. :mrgreen:

BTW, warriors are always crude, smelly, unkempt, with messy hair and carry a huge, dripping bloody sword.
Last edited by chetak on 22 Nov 2020 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Thakur_B wrote:TI is a young guy, barely 23-24. One semi-anon twitter handle has put the entire emminent historian cabals chaddi in a vice like knot. No wonder he is widely hated and targeted.
Its not one guy. Thats all I'll say about it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:
Its not one guy. Thats all I'll say about it.
maybe like santa, he/she has helpers, no
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KLNM,

Thanks for the retraction. That was gracious.

I'll just be brief as HNair made a point about quoting larger posts (edited).

I don't disagree with how the IPS officer supposedly got the handle suspended being a horrible example of over reach. That was not the point SuryaG was making though and which I was pointing out. The issue was/is making enemies out of possible friends. How one gets the message across is often as important as the message with humans. If for instance you were debating with someone on any platform in RL, and right off the bat the debate turned aggressive would your chances of convincing the other person be higher or lower? That's often the issue with the TI handle and the followers. Time and again in his interactions in recent years the same pattern repeats and the handles umpteen followers then do a dive bombing. After a while TI complains he has nobody in his corner. It actually limits the mans reach. Think of it for a second. You are a politico who wants TI to work with him or his team. Are you sure this chap will be able to manage getting along with the wider team to drive change. This is the same manner in which several celebs chosen persona has driven off many fans and supporters who are curious and rush to engage them on Twitter. Thats the point SuryaG was making. Its good to have an encyclopedia on your side to punch the lefty distinguished historian cabal back on Twitter and raise the flag. But is Twitter the real battleground? The real one is where students are getting indoctrinated, our institutes and the textbooks and in that sense TIs efforts on Twitter are great but in by themselves hardly sufficient. They need to be directed towards where they matter but nobody in GOI will likely take this chap to do that given the persona he has adopted wherein taking on established person's RW/LW both is part of the method. I say method/persona because earlier he wasn't like that. His posts had lower reach but were more polite and considered. They didn't lose their impact though.

I made the point in an earlier post that the current GOI should create an atmosphere wherein its own possible supporters of all people are not targeted by the very state they attempt to support. Cases like these come to mind. Having said that till the basic Govt babu/high rank has an attitude change vis a vis the average Joe blow this stuff will continue. Instead of having him suspended the other side will just block you. A step up perhaps but that's about it.

The repeated suspensions are also a perfect example of limiting the impact. He could have had multiple accounts run interference for him and post the contentious posts that despite being polite were important enough to get the lefty cabal into cahoots to attack him or for Paki handles to mass report him. People would get who said it and the original handle would remain online. Thats more important over time rather than just building an individual brand alone. Problem is none of these methods have been adopted making it very easy for the platform to repeatedly suspend one target. His content is at their beck and call. Who benefits- certainly not him or us.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@Karan M ji
HNair made a point about large posts.
wasn't HNair's point about needlessly quoting completely a large post while making only a brief answer. :)
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Part of the reason why TI has so many supporters/followers *is* because he is abrasive. And politicos often have plenty of such people in their ranks. Isn't the US election thread filled with people complaining that the new administration has numerous paki handlers running things?

tbh I don't think it would matter if the guy/girl toned down his aggressiveness. Twatter is a leftly fiefdom and they don't like seeing "fascists" such as TI have such a reach. Our IPS afsars don't like being educated and his account will always be doomed for challenging the 'intellectuals'.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chetak wrote:@Karan M ji
HNair made a point about large posts.
wasn't HNair's point about needlessly quoting completely a large post while making only a brief answer. :)
Yes thats why i didn't break up KLNMs post and respond point by point.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

m_saini wrote:Part of the reason why TI has so many supporters/followers *is* because he is abrasive. And politicos often have plenty of such people in their ranks. Isn't the US election thread filled with people complaining that the new administration has numerous paki handlers running things?

tbh I don't think it would matter if the guy/girl toned down his aggressiveness. Twatter is a leftly fiefdom and they don't like seeing "fascists" such as TI have such a reach. Our IPS afsars don't like being educated and his account will always be doomed for challenging the 'intellectuals'.
Agreed on the first point about aggression driving viral messages and that's why I said its a strategy. However the US operates, I don't see this BJP Govt taking any controversial supporters in its corner. They are very careful about not falling into a media controversy. Perhaps it will change once they get their own ecosystem up and going.

Second, I don't know. Some people are open to having a discussion. But if one gets aggressive right off the bat at best you are educating others but it severely limits the chances of convincing the person you are having the conversation with. Pros and cons.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

here is why TI is right, and that copper is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXiQc4HW0A8

Why do we burst crackers during Diwali

The SC lawyer Sai Deepak explains

This isn't a recent talk.

It is an excerpt from my talk delivered in Hyderabad on November 11, 2018.

Here is the link to the entire session - https://youtu.be/PKuOlbJ-xYQ

via Sai Deepak J@jsaideepak
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Karan M wrote: Second, I don't know. Some people are open to having a discussion. But if one gets aggressive right off the bat at best you are educating others but it severely limits the chances of convincing the person you are having the conversation with. Pros and cons.
Sir it's highly suspect an IPS afsar, writing comments that she wrote, is looking for a discussion. People on twitter are like jehovah's witnesses, they come to your house with sweet words and asking to "discuss" their lord and saviour but really it's only to tell you that if don't mend your ways, you're going to hell.

I've honestly, not once, seen someone change their point of view on *any* social media site, let alone twitter. People with half a brain will make up their own minds and all you can possibly hope to do is to let them hear your voice. Which is where I think TI is really useful, their aggresiveness sends the info to a huge chunk of people which would be impossible without the loudmouthed-ness.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Karan M, it’s not my point that TI and those on his side won’t benefit from a quiet chat about catching flies with honey etc. That may well be so.

But, as others have pointed out, Twitter is not a place for gentle and kindly disputation. The customers are there to see sledging, bodyline bowling and mankading. If you don’t do that, and just play like the 20th century Indian cricket team, you will have 2 followers, one of whom wants you to try his new toothpaste or something. TI plays that game, while managing to be informative. Which to me is pretty darn remarkable.

My own issue in the present BRF discussion, which I tried to get across is: there may be a proper time & context for bringing up TI’s brashness, but this—when he is shown to be just another Hindu who is stomped down by the neo-mughalayi establishment for not abasing himself (IOW being his brash Twitter self) before them—is not it. The outrage is not at all because the IPS officer was aberrantly overreaching; it is in fact because in this case she was operating well within the normal reach exercised by her fraternity. I cannot stress this point enough.

In my opinion, we Hindus/ Indians, however brilliant and accomplished in so many ways, are, in general, not very good at identifying what is at stake in any particular debate or dispute, and allow ourselves to get sidetracked too easily. This deficiency is one of the key reasons why we often end up ceding control of the narrative to minds and characters vastly inferior to ourselves.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

m_saini wrote:
I've honestly, not once, seen someone change their point of view on *any* social media site, let alone twitter. People with half a brain will make up their own minds and all you can possibly hope to do is to let them hear your voice. Which is where I think TI is really useful, their aggresiveness sends the info to a huge chunk of people which would be impossible without the loudmouthed-ness.
Completely disagree here. I have seen multiple people change their POV thanks to social media - many were looking for information and if one makes their case politely and with details, they are eager to learn and understand. Nobody likes being told they are an idiot and also being given information. That method should he reserved only for those who are genuinely fraudulent or obnoxious themselves and refuse to partake in civil discourse.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KLNMurthy wrote: But, as others have pointed out, Twitter is not a place for gentle and kindly disputation. The customers are there to see sledging, bodyline bowling and mankading. If you don’t do that, and just play like the 20th century Indian cricket team, you will have 2 followers, one of whom wants you to try his new toothpaste or something. TI plays that game, while managing to be informative. Which to me is pretty darn remarkable.
I disagree with this POV on SM sites. They are extremely useful to get ones POV across without sledging or body line antics as the standard method. It all depends on what you wish to achieve with them and what is your end goal with these sites. I cannot stress this enough. A rude, aggressive persona in the short term may get you more followers who are like minded to begin with, but over time you will alienate those who actually use these sites to share info and build networks. The aggression should be limited to those who ask for it and deserve it. In many circumstances when dealing with someone who is undoubtedly in the wrong and acting abrasive, the better thing to do is block, move on.
My own issue in the present BRF discussion, which I tried to get across is: there may be a proper time & context for bringing up TI’s brashness, but this—when he is shown to be just another Hindu who is stomped down by the neo-mughalayi establishment for not abasing himself (IOW being his brash Twitter self) before them—is not it. The outrage is not at all because the IPS officer was aberrantly overreaching; it is in fact because in this case she was operating well within the normal reach exercised by her fraternity. I cannot stress this point enough.

In my opinion, we Hindus/ Indians, however brilliant and accomplished in so many ways, are, in general, not very good at identifying what is at stake in any particular debate or dispute, and allow ourselves to get sidetracked too easily. This deficiency is one of the key reasons why we often end up ceding control of the narrative to minds and characters vastly inferior to ourselves.
These are fair points.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

KLNMurthy wrote: But, as others have pointed out, Twitter is not a place for gentle and kindly disputation. The customers are there to see sledging, bodyline bowling and mankading. If you don’t do that, and just play like the 20th century Indian cricket team, you will have 2 followers, one of whom wants you to try his new toothpaste or something. TI plays that game, while managing to be informative. Which to me is pretty darn remarkable.
:rotfl: Never been on Twitter but I know what you mean about the 2 followers thing. But not sure it applies entirely in this case. You do the sledging, bodyline bowling, etc. with opponents who deliberately refuse to get the point. But you don't start off doing that, it is counter-productive, you build up to it, starting from politely stating facts and reasoning. You also build up to it by letting them be the first to escalate, but following close (though always one step behind) on the escalation ladder. Incite them to provoke, and then do a calibrated response. And you definitely don't do it, ever, with genuine seekers. Yes, sometimes it's very hard to tell the difference.

Trolls on BRF have long since learned to apply these techniques. Calibrated provocation, inciting harsh responses, and then getting posters banned. I suspect Twitter is similar (though, like I said, never been there). Don't ever go all-out on the sledging, bodyline bowling, mankading. Keep it as a weapon in your arsenal, and apply it all cynically and intelligently. It takes a great deal of maturity to do that.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Karan M wrote: Completely disagree here. I have seen multiple people change their POV thanks to social media - many were looking for information and if one makes their case politely and with details, they are eager to learn and understand. Nobody likes being told they are an idiot and also being given information. That method should he reserved only for those who are genuinely fraudulent or obnoxious themselves and refuse to partake in civil discourse.
My experience has been completely different. People ask for information, you give them, then you're called fascists and liars for not using sources like bbc, wiki etc. Asking for info is like a slang for "show me your research so I can ridicule you for it". There's extremely limited info, other than personal anecdotes, I could give someone that they can't already google for themselves, if one is truly eager to learn and understand that is.

And I'd argue that the lady ips afsar with her "woke" comments about hindu festivals was nothing but obnoxious. Neither can she be thought of as particularly starved of info about the issue.

Edit: corrected from "anything but" to "nothing but"
Last edited by m_saini on 22 Nov 2020 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

m_saini wrote:
And I'd argue that the lady ips afsar with her "woke" comments about hindu festivals was nothing but obnoxious. Neither can she be thought of as particularly starved of info about the issue.

m_saini ji,

doubt hai zara sa.

"was anything but obnoxious" or was nothing but obnoxious

edit
corrected per original as revised
Last edited by chetak on 23 Nov 2020 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

m_saini wrote:
Karan M wrote: Completely disagree here. I have seen multiple people change their POV thanks to social media - many were looking for information and if one makes their case politely and with details, they are eager to learn and understand. Nobody likes being told they are an idiot and also being given information. That method should he reserved only for those who are genuinely fraudulent or obnoxious themselves and refuse to partake in civil discourse.
My experience has been completely different. People ask for information, you give them, then you're called fascists and liars for not using sources like bbc, wiki etc. Asking for info is like a slang for "show me your research so I can ridicule you for it". There's extremely limited info, other than personal anecdotes, I could give someone that they can't already google for themselves, if one is truly eager to learn and understand that is.

And I'd argue that the lady ips afsar with her "woke" comments about hindu festivals was anything but obnoxious. Neither can she be thought of as particularly starved of info about the issue.
This is likely due to the fact you have interacted with people on political topics on social media. In that case most people do have their minds already made up and have come searching for a spat. Political topics mostly do follow the adage that people are interested in yelling or trolling their political opponents as versus a forum for discussion.

The IPS officer was confused as she was looking for theological justification for firecrackers. A book certification. Hinduism doesn't work like that. When did Kumbh mela and Ujjaini start? As a living faith, its up to us, collectively to add additional traditions as long as they fit in with the original ethos.

Anyhow the entire controversy is likely to make any GOI person think twice before weighing in with their hot takes on culture etc.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Karan M wrote: The IPS officer was confused as she was looking for theological justification for firecrackers. A book certification. Hinduism doesn't work like that. When did Kumbh mela and Ujjaini start? As a living faith, its up to us, collectively to add additional traditions as long as they fit in with the original ethos.
IMO, providing justification whenever somebody asks questions like "are firecrackers mentioned in Hindu scripture?" is the wrong approach. A better way would be to ask back - "are loudspeakers mentioned in the Koran?" or "are Santa Claus, coniferous trees, and Christmas cakes mentioned in the Bible?" But that's probably OT here.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

sudarshan wrote:
Karan M wrote: The IPS officer was confused as she was looking for theological justification for firecrackers. A book certification. Hinduism doesn't work like that. When did Kumbh mela and Ujjaini start? As a living faith, its up to us, collectively to add additional traditions as long as they fit in with the original ethos.
IMO, providing justification whenever somebody asks questions like "are firecrackers mentioned in Hindu scripture?" is the wrong approach. A better way would be to ask back - "are loudspeakers mentioned in the Koran?" or "are Santa Claus, coniferous trees, and Christmas cakes mentioned in the Bible?" But that's probably OT here.
Mine is simple - Its my religion and I choose to do so - you (whoever that you is) get the fukc out of it. If you insist on imposing your will (judges through court, journalist through opinion/news, babus through babu power, corporation though ads), I will do what I can including resisting/defying it, and call out the inconsistency in your stand by pointing at your hypocrisy (and their are many, azaan from loudspeaker being just one among 100s of them). But one thing I will not do - dump on my own side for his/her perceived shortcomings. This is not the time or the place. For all the 20 soldiers killed in Galwan, I am not going enquiring if they were good son or great husbands or followed table manners while having dinner. They are great heros to me, rest I dont care!!
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

chetak wrote: m_saini ji,

doubt hai zara sa.

"was anything but obnoxious" or was nothing but obnoxious
my apologies sir, you're right it was meant to be "nothing but" :) I've corrected the original too. Also no ji for me, i'm not deserving of it yet :mrgreen:
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

I don't understand how 1 day of bursting firecrackers end up polluting everything? If so why haven't they banned firecrackers that get burst every year on New year. And that too in every country? All this drama is done to humiliate us. Today they are asking for banning crackers, tomorrow they will ask to ban diyas for any nonsensical reason, then they will ask us not to celebrate Diwali anymore and then they ask us to convert. And btw if anyone asks for explanation then **** him. Does any other religion give any explanation before butchering innocent cows/goats or turkeys? Then why the hell are we the ones that have to justify everything?? We don't owe anyone any explanation.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

my my, this is getting interesting :mrgreen:

unconditional accession of J&K to India was phull and phinal onlee.

Vikramaditya Singh@vikramaditya_JK·Nov 20

Mehbooba Mufti says that the erstwhile Princely State of Jammu & Kashmir acceded to India thanks to Pandit Nehru. Nothing is further from the truth. The person responsible for the unconditional accession of J&K to India is my grandfather Maharaja Hari Singh Ji.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Karan M wrote: Anyhow the entire controversy is likely to make any GOI person think twice before weighing in with their hot takes on culture etc.
Completely agreed with the rest but i hope this doesn't happen. They should use the "not in scriptures" argument on "pach cheese" december and ask people not to buy gifts, decorate houses, dress up as santa-bantas. Think of how much electricity we could save for the poor :((

Come to think of it, there is nothing in scriptures about 5-cheese december being a public holiday so hope the lady afsar is made to work overtime in the office to make up for the time she wasted arguing on twitter :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

And finally, one SM Braveheart has done it.

Let's wait and see how it pans out.

Legal Rights Observatory- LRO@LegalLro · 6h

#BigBreaking

FIR lodged against @TwitterIndia MD @manishm by Mr Shrikant Sharma at #Vidisha for suppressing FoE by arbitrarily suspending #TrueIndology n imposing radical #Leftist views
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Popcorn time.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pappu's wishes have unfortunately come true after all.

the couple have set an example

babooz toppers, married and divorced, done and dusted.

wonder how it works out when one side is all love and the other side is all jehad....... :mrgreen:

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Valuable information on mission Jal Shakti, piped water already has reached 20% houses in villages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWYqSnxYYlQ&t=690s
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 17825?s=20
My interest in water and its role in national development and security was sparked over many visits to #Israel. The silent revolution triggered in #India by PM
@narendramodi
's Jal Jeevan Mission which will take potable water on tap to 190 million homes has me hooked.
@Vidurji
1n
wonderful thread
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

via @19SunSunny
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

game up for India Today?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

chetak wrote:TI riles the commies/BIF because he calls them out and puts them in their places and they do not have a comeback to contradict or rebut him.
Let me say that if TI becomes more like Maldahiyar, he would have been a lot more successful. But I get your point.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 US election results discussion

Post by Vayutuvan »

Karan M wrote:It is incredible to see how quickly the UPSC setup rapidly converts even hitherto balanced individuals to having a highly biased, leftist view of Indian society ...
UPSC exam syllabus is such that it rewards people with this thinking with better ranks than others if they make it into the services at ll that is. The whole coaching industry in Delhi is geared towards writing the Manifesto of the Commist Party on the tabula rasa of a newly minted BA/BSc/BCom/BTech/LLB/IIM diploma holder's mind.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

one more comment on TI - I would rather like TI to continue to rile the BIF type folks with his research. this only creates a very easy spectacle to see how these "liberals" are actually not. and how these "intellectuals" are anything but.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Oh how cute. Supreme Court is so much more concerned about Gujarat than WB, KL, etc. Even without chinese virus so many were dead in WB but SC didn't care as Gujaratis are more precious than Bengali people.
Supreme Court pulls up Gujarat govt for allowing weddings and gatherings amid pandemic; seeks status report
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/11/23/ ... us-report/
The court said the situation is “going out of control” in Gujarat.

The bench, which was hearing a suo motu case pertaining to the management of the COVID-19 crisis and mishandling of dead bodies (SUO MOTU COGNISANCE OF PROPER COVID19 TREATMENT AND DIGNIFIED HANDLING OF THE DEAD), posted the matter for further hearing on Friday, November 27.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

At long last, there seems to be a consolidation of sorts that is slowly taking place in TN and its gathering momentum is panicking the dravidian and the communal separatists who are funded by and are also closely aligned to the diktats of the BIF.

the ltte and its destructive eelam construct driven by religious fundoos is ever present in the background. the propaganda machinery, much like the bullywood version has taken deep roots in this fractured society and is being disseminated widely through the cable network and the vile anti national and anti majority fulminations of some of these completely unregulated tv channels is another dominant characteristic of these religious chauvinists.

via swarajyamag.

After Giving A Miss Twice, Home Minister Amit Shah Finally Visits Tamil Nadu, Leaves His Mark On The State

After Giving A Miss Twice, Home Minister Amit Shah Finally Visits Tamil Nadu, Leaves His Mark On The State

by M R Subramani - Nov 23, 2020

Snapshot
Significant developments during Amit Shah’s visit to Tamil Nadu, observers say, have rattled the DMK, and signalled that BJP is in for a long haul in the state.

At least twice in the past Union Home Minister Amit Shah had cancelled his visit to Tamil Nadu at the last minute.

But on Saturday (21 November), he kept his date with the state and has left an impact both within his party and the opposition, led by the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) that it will take some time for them to realise what hit them.

Shah’s two-day visit to Chennai was in connection with inaugurating a slew of government schemes.

Primary among them were the ground-laying ceremony for the second phase of 173-km long Chennai Metro Rail at an outlay of Rs 61,483 crore, inaugurating the Rs 900 crore jetty at Kamarajar Port and launching a check dam and barrage with sluice gates across the Cauvery river in Karur district at a cost of Rs 406 crore.

Shah also inaugurated the fifth reservoir for Greater Chennai at a cost of over Rs 350 crore, laid the foundation stone for an elevated expressway project in Coimbatore at a cost of Rs 1,620 crore, and launched the expansion of Chennai Trade Centre at an outlay of Rs 309 crore.

Inaugurating the schemes, the Home Minister said: “the schemes and funds provided to Tamil Nadu by the Central government are not meant for help but it is the right of Tamil Nadu that were not being given to it but Modi ji ensured that now Tamil Nadu gets its rights.”

But Shah smartly used the opportunity to highlight the fact that most of what the ruling All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) was passing off as schemes of the Edappadi K Palaniswami (EPS) government were that of the Union government.

However, there were two significant developments during the Home Minister’s visit to Tamil Nadu.

More importantly in a gesture that should definitely cause concern for the opposition parties, pro-Tamil and anti-national elements, Shah chose to get down from his vehicle in the convoy from the airport on his way to the function and defiantly walked on the road greeting the crowd that had gathered to welcome him.

It was indeed an open challenge to those who had trended and been trending #GoBackAmitShah on Friday and Saturday. The image will linger for long, especially given what Amit Shah told the people of the state and his cadres later.

The Home Minister made his intentions clear that the BJP is in for a long haul in the state, apologising for his inability to speak in Tamil.

One, the AIADMK announced that it will continue its alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for the state assembly elections scheduled in six months time. The announcement was made by Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam before Chief Minister EPS endorsed it.

The announcement had a mixed reaction in both parties. The AIADMK has been preventing Tamil Nadu BJP to take out “Vel Yatra” in protest against the ridiculing of “Kanda Shasthi”, the hymn in praise of Lord Skanda.

The BJP has been bitterly attacking the AIADMK government for this, and rumours had begun doing rounds that it would jettison the regional party.

There are a few in the AIADMK who think that BJP might cost it precious votes among the minorities, and that many in Tamil Nadu are opposed to the national party.

There are observers who feel that the AIADMK has already lost the minority votes and thus feel it will be a win-win for both as it could help consolidation of Hindu votes.

Though neither Shah nor the BJP has said anything on this, the fact that the national party has not refuted the development is a proof that the alliance is almost a done thing now for the assembly elections.

Until Shah’s visit, the general view was both BJP and the AIADMK were headed for a split particularly with the EPS government ordering an investigation against Anna University Vice-Chancellor M K Surappa, seen as one of the cleanest educationists in the country.

Probably, state Higher Education Minister K P Anbalagan may have to pay a price for this indiscretion.

Amit Shah, who addressed his party leaders at a city hotel on Saturday night, has asked them to work for the party’s development and leave the rest to the leadership. He is also reported to have asked his partymen to focus on 50 assembly seats.

Talks now doing the rounds say that the BJP could contest anywhere between 25 and 40 seats in the assembly elections with the AIADMK promising a major share in the 2024 Lok Sabha elections as per “MGR formula”.

Shah’s visit has also reportedly sealed the seat-sharing among the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) constituents with the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) and Tamil actor Vijayakanth’s Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) on board.

Local media has reported that Tamil film superstar Rajinikanth’s message has been passed on to Shah through Tughlaq Editor and Swadesh Jagran Manch convenor S Gurumurthi when they both met for more than an hour on Saturday.

The NDA and BJP will also be getting a helping hand from M K Alagiri, former Union minister and expelled DMK leader who can make a difference in the southern region, particularly Madurai and its suburbs. One of his trusted lieutenants K P Ramalingam joined the BJP during Shah's visit.

These developments are seen as a major success of Shah’s visit to Chennai.

Of more concern to the opposition, particularly the DMK, should be that this time around, the NDA might not be found wanting as in 2019 when the latter was drubbed in the Lok Sabha polls.

Political observers say that Shah’s statements during his visit have rattled the DMK.

There are rumours that the BJP is out to settle the score against the DMK and its president M K Stalin, particularly for their #gobackModi campaigns whenever the Prime Minister had come to Chennai.

Probably, Shah indicated some tough days ahead for the DMK with his remarks that “dynastic rule and corrupt governance” and comparing it with the AIADMK rule of the late M G Ramachandran and J Jayalalithaa.

His remarks that “only democratic forces will prevail” and a reminder about the 2G scam, some observers say, are warnings for the DMK.

That Shah’s remark against DMK has drawn a prompt response from Stalin is a fair enough indicator that things have begun to hot up in Tamil Nadu politics and it may not be a smooth ride for the opposition as in 2019.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/FBoversight/status/ ... 7068055553

see the video ...

We need to have a thread on Social media analysis, regulations and threat to Indian democracy
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 289210.cms

if anyone has access to etprime, please post high lights
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the entire article itself.

here you go. enjoy

via NSitharamanOffice@nsitharamanoffc
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

^^ Thanks!

https://swarajyamag.com/books/book-revi ... the-hindus
Book Review: India Is Seeing A Positive Transformation – Led By The Hindus
A New Idea of India: Individual Rights In A Civilisational State. Harsh Madhusudan and Rajeev Mantri. 2020. Westland. Rs 577. Pages 384

In the intellectual space, the term ‘idea of India’ is generally used to keep a group of people permanently on the defensive. The cynical calculation is to resist agents of change by pinning them down with endless accusations of majoritarianism, sexism, casteism, homophobia, superstition etc.

It is cynical because these agents of change are often at the forefront of breaking down the very barriers they are accused of putting up.

On the contrary, those resisting this change happen to be in bed with the most regressive forces known to history.

In this context, the bold new book by Harsh Madhusudan and Rajeev Mantri represents a breakout. A daring intellectual thrust, behind ‘enemy’ lines, as the authors present A new idea of India: Individual Rights In A Civilisational State.

It puts the agents of change in the driver’s seat: the willingness to question old assumptions, the rising (and unifying) Hindu consciousness as well as the power of the free market.

They confront the establishment with a list of charges about lack of consistency, doublespeak, dishonesty and above all, intellectual laziness.

The book starts by pointing out that India is a both a modern state and the inheritor of one of the world’s great civilisations.

It talks about a future with the United States, China and India as great powers, with Russia and Japan playing middle roles.

As much as we could pretend otherwise, the reality is that each of these nations represents a separate civilisational entity. This does not necessarily mean a clash of civilisations, but the identities remain real and distinct.

With references to everyone from the outlook of Mexican immigrants in the United States to speeches from former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher and US President Donald Trump, the book points out the consensus about the West being a civilisation with common values and identity.

It then establishes the same about the identity of Indian civilisation, quoting Sri Aurobindo, Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, Dr B R Ambedkar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Veer Savarkar and Atal Bihari Vajpayee.