Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
AdityaVM
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Post by AdityaVM »

I have looked at the pictures of the Broken Swamy at the Ramateertham Shrine.

Heartbreak is not the emotion I feel right now. Its pure, unadulterated, blinding RAGE. I had to spend all afternoon pacifying a crying SHQ, who wouldn't stop crying looking at the broken swamy and the hearbroken expression on the archaka swamy carrying Him. The archakas expression says it all. Complete and utter disbelief at the act, a near total incomprehension of who could hold such hatred.

That picture will be the reason why YSRCP and Jagan will be dust in the years to come. I can imagine the sheer disbelief and rage coursing through the veins of the Hindus of AP.

I stand by previous words. Heartbreak is not the proper emotion for this atrocity. Its rage.

Jagan is seriously underestimating the public outrage if he thinks people will forget this in a few months and accept it as the work of some "miscreants"
It would have been so if not for the pictures released. That picture will slap a lazy Hindu awake anytime of the day. Because there is no getting around the reality of the situation. There are no feel good nonsense BS stories that can distract you once you have looked at it. It is seared in your mind with a red hot brand for all eternity.

If things keep heading in the same direction, then a civil war is inevitable. The aim of the Ropers and Rolers is to keep the Hindus unaware of their true intentions until a time of their choosing where they can destroy the heathens and their temples. If the Hindus wake up before that, then the game is up.

I'll just leave this here.

Death would not come quickly to the Rol mleccha dog who did this ( I have no doubt this is the case) if he passes in front of me.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Hindus vote for caste and cry for religion. That is the problem. They vote for Jagan because he is of their own caste (so what if he is a Xian?) and now when the Xians go to work against heathens after positioning one of theirs on the top, Hindus cry for their religion. If they had cried for their religion while voting, things would have been different.
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

sanjayc wrote:Hindus vote for caste and cry for religion. That is the problem. They vote for Jagan because he is of their own caste (so what if he is a Xian?) and now when the Xians go to work against heathens after positioning one of theirs on the top, Hindus cry for their religion. If they had cried for their religion while voting, things would have been different.
Well said, Androulu have no right to complain now. but good thing about this HC case is that if they can prove Jagan to be Xtian with Hindu name, same model can be applied to other 95% xtains in andhra who are hiding behind hindu names and riding the gravy train. Its not an issue of being on religion vs. other but its purely criminal (fox mentality) to cheat and plunder in the name of religion.
I bet even if they catch the person who vandalized the temple, his name will be Hindu :evil:
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

AdityaVM wrote:The archakas expression says it all. Complete and utter disbelief at the act, a near total incomprehension of who could hold such hatred.
Nothing against the good archaka, and my heartfelt sympathies and condolences to him. But yes, his expression (didn't look at the picture, don't think I can take it either, so taking your word for it) does say it all, doesn't it?

Complete and utter disbelief! This from an archaka, who should be at the forefront of defending dharma, which means, he should make it his duty to be cognizant of the threat and its origin or genesis. So what does the "incomprehension" really mean? Like nobody saw it coming? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it turned out that he'd voted for Jagan himself.

Years ago, at a family function, this one relative was all excited about his big discovery, which he was sharing with some others. "See, what one group calls 'Abraham,' the other one calls 'Ibrahim!' What they call 'Moses,' these people call 'Musa!' They say 'Joseph,' these ones say 'Yusuf!' See how similar the names are? Practically identical!"

Basically implying (he didn't actually say it) that "All religions are the same onlee!"

To which this other elder(!!) relative said - "no no, that's just coincidence, all these are stories started by people who are trying to create unity among religions!" Meaning, unity among religions is a good ideal, but pushing these kinds of coincidental "similarities in names" was a bit too much.

The first relative was going - "but the names are *so* similar, it can't just be coincidence!" And so on.

At that time I was too young, but since then, recalling the conversation years later, I can't help (mentally) face-palming every time.

Complete incomprehension of the nature of the threat which, in its many forms, tried its darndest to wipe a way of life off the face of the planet over a period of more than a millennium. Sad to say, not recognizing such a threat is indeed adharma. The destruction of that material artifact matters nothing to Sri Rama - if we are so naive, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

You are making same argument your relatives are making.

"The destruction of that material artifact matters nothing to Sri Rama - if we are so naive, we have nobody to blame but ourselves."
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

AdityaVM wrote:I have looked at the pictures of the Broken Swamy at the Ramateertham Shrine.

Heartbreak is not the emotion I feel right now. Its pure, unadulterated, blinding RAGE. I had to spend all afternoon pacifying a crying SHQ, who wouldn't stop crying looking at the broken swamy and the hearbroken expression on the archaka swamy carrying Him. ....
Please console her it will be set right.

But before that the mercantilists will be taken care off.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Which caste supported which party in AP % wise in 2019 by CSDS

I thought Kammas would be more casteist voting TDP en block but Reddy's are the more castiest bunch and consolidated fully behind Jagan . 86% of Reddy's voted for Jagan Reddy while only 60% Kammas voted for CBN. 34% of Kammas voted for Jagan Reddy while only 7% Reddy's voted for TDP.

Another false impression I had was Muslims vote overwhelmingly for YSRCP but data shows their support is more or less evenly split between YSRCP and TDP.

Upper Castes, Kapus, OBCs/BCs, middle class are with TDP as expected. Some people said TDP lost BCs. Not true as per this data. Their support may have decreased relatively but not lost.

ST's/SCs most of whom are crypto-christians support YSRCP as expected

and CSDS did not capture data for overt self identified Christians. Wonder why

CBN got votes from most sections and still ended up with just 23 seats is because Janasena/BJP played spoilsport. Had CBN used his brain and not fell into Jagan's trap and picked fight with Modi and the TDP-JS-BJP went to polls unitedly without raking up any controversies on special status and with positive PR, they would have won again. In a way CBN's foolishness is a blessing for BJP. CBN would have never allowed BJP to grow independently.

And as the data shows, BJP has miles to go in AP. Lack of good mass leaders, no big cadre, no own media to project their views and dispel disinformation campaigns against them, no moneybag support could be some of the reasons. But nothing is permanent. BJP waited patiently for 40 years to get power at center. It can wait in AP too and build the cadre and leaders in the meantime while taking Hindutva and anti-conversion campaign strongly among the people.

Jagan Reddy's 3 pronged strategy is Reddy casteism , Christian conversions and fooling folks by putting his face and name stickers on central schemes and passing it on as his own doles like CBN did before.

OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

The stats above have that glaring "N/A" for Christian population, while they have become a critical deciding factor. Another noticeable aspect above - INC was the party that partitioned AP and it still gets more vote% than BJP.

Andhra is indeed hopeless for BJP - waiting longer is only going to make things further worse as the Christian population in the state is continuing to grow substantially. In the next decade AP is anyway going to be a christian majority state like Nagaland if Jagan gets another term.

Frankly even Talibaan didnt do what the local goons did to Sri Rama's idol, that too inside a temple. Still cant reconcile with what happened.. must've been either the hate-filled Christian fanatics or even the money/power-before-God minded TDP scumbags aiming to create law & order situation in the state for political benefit. My suspicion is clearly on the former, though there is no evidence to rule out the latter.

If it was done by the RoL folks, the intention seems to be to create a major scar in the collective racial memory of the natives (as the psychotic Colonel Quaritch character in Avatar movie mentions, while explaining the impact of blowing up Navi's Hometree).. this is a move to intimidate the native faith deeply.

So many idols & temples are now being vandalized daily, its hard to keep count - all along Andhra cops are continuing to display high levels of creativity & imagination in coming up with weird excuses like rats, animals, thieves, electrocution, more thieves, mentally unstable folks, drunken thieves, etc etc as being responsible for these "random, sporadic & isolated" incidents.

There was another incident at a major temple, where the local MLA (so-called "upper caste" Reddy fellow) granted the responsibility of managing a Go-shala to a local Muslim tough guy, and he apparently started a beef business with cows from the Goshala itself.. this was at a Jyotirlingam, Srisailam temple.. not just that, but all shops catering to Hindu devotees were kept under the administration of Muslims & Christians only.. since it was in the border of Telangana, BJP MLA Raja Singh raised a stink about it, and once it became confrontational, they backed out and re-auctioned the vendor contracts for Prasad, flowers, etc as well as Go-shala (for now they went back to Hindus, till the media limelight is out).

Its ironic that India is protesting against some temple destruction in Pakistan - while temples are no longer safe in places like Andhra. Perhaps the same strategy used to deal with Kashmir needs to be followed here - break up Andhra into a few more parts and convert them in federally adminstered provinces.

Or else, if the current trend continues, given how muted the response has been to this event, I won't be surprised if the next target is Tirupati Balaji himself - the scary part is, am not sure how the reaction will be even then from the mentally numb locals.

Shows the partition of AP and creation of TG is good for southern India - as BJP can now grow unfettered by the Andhra baggage in TG at least.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

I think splitting Andhra into 3 UT provinces - Rayalseema, Uttara Andhra and Kosta - and bringing them under federal rule, may be one way to go.

The state has several important places of worship for all Hindus (not just Telugus) - especially the Srisailam Jyotirlingam & Tirupathi, at least both of them need to be protected on par with the other greatest historical temple treasures of rest of India, and Andhrites are clearly incapable of protecting them.

If tomorrow, these sites are hurt by anti-Hindu forces, it will be akin to Auragzeb razing down Kashi Vishwanath or Babar demolishing Sri Rama temple of Ayodhya.. it will leave a civilizational scar on entire Hindu community, which can be avoided by the above pre-emptive action.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Is there any kind of popular outrage, at least in AP or neighboring TG? News cycles show the usual fake noise and blame games among the politicians. Apparently 12 people have been finally arrested (who probably have nothing to do with it, and who will probably be declared mentally disturbed and released). In other news, 13 BJP leaders have been arrested for the incident. Don't know if both those news items are really the same thing, or what?

The folks I talked to seemed oblivious (they are not from AP though).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

and the kerala model adapts quickly, shifting seamlessly into election mode

OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

sudarshan wrote:Is there any kind of popular outrage, at least in AP or neighboring TG? News cycles show the usual fake noise and blame games among the politicians. Apparently 12 people have been finally arrested (who probably have nothing to do with it, and who will probably be declared mentally disturbed and released). In other news, 13 BJP leaders have been arrested for the incident. Don't know if both those news items are really the same thing, or what?

The folks I talked to seemed oblivious (they are not from AP though).

No, no reaction and still there is a general tendency to blame BJP for all the ills of AP.

I saw a press conference by TG BJP chief, who aggressively pointed out all issues within Andhra, while staying - temple lands being sold off and money given to Churches & Mosques, Govt stealing wealth of temples and using that to fund more mosques & churches, rampant anti-Hindu activities - many locals dont seem to care. He even openly asked ppl to vote for a party that supports Bhagavad Gita not Bible.

Just no reaction at all from most comments I am seeing on YouTube. We think Punjabi Sikhs as being weird for not responding to conversions in their community but agitating violently when their perceived economic interests are being threatened, Andhrites are no different.

All local BJP leaders get are retorts from Andhra folks who seem eager to ignore/bury the temple attack issue due to "secularism" (dont understand the logic here at all), and threatening BJP leaders not to "utter a word against their beloved YSR & Jagan" - the two new Gods of Andhra. Same with the other side of CBN/TDP fan boys.

Just raw, irrational hatred towards BJP and senseless worship of their caste heroes & politicians.

I have a suspicion that Andhra already has a Christian-majority population. Most locals in other parts of India - even in Dravidian Tamil Nadu - would be up in arms if someone did as ghastly as at Ramateertham temple to their local presiding deity.

Through these temple vandalizations, we are perhaps seeing a gradual "unveiling" of the new demographic reality.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rony OmkarC there are many layers of inception in the Ramtheertam temple case. Urge more study.
There is Jagan-Naidu,
YCP-TDP
Two step sisters fight for control of Simhachalam trust
ROL mucking around
Police inaction while giving loud talks
We need to look at each layer.
And in past inaction against Anjuman type outfits.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

With this many unprecedented number of temple attacks like never heard before, maybe need to look much deeper as Ramana garu says.
Raka Sudhakar's take on it -
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

ramana wrote:
AdityaVM wrote:I have looked at the pictures of the Broken Swamy at the Ramateertham Shrine.

Heartbreak is not the emotion I feel right now. Its pure, unadulterated, blinding RAGE. I had to spend all afternoon pacifying a crying SHQ, who wouldn't stop crying looking at the broken swamy and the hearbroken expression on the archaka swamy carrying Him. ....
Please console her it will be set right.

But before that the mercantilists will be taken care off.
And one must include Chinna Jeeyar, Ramana Deekshitulu et el on top of the list of mercantilists. 25 temples attacked and nary a peep from them. And it is not as if they are particularly media shy. Deekshitulu concocted an entire story about pink diamond and publicly urged through media not to put any money in temple hundi. Now he got his position back in TTD he is comfortably silent. Chinna Jeeyar too got some plum land deals. On the ground only TDP and BJP are making noises.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^^ Greed has always been the bane of Hindus, but Andhra people seems to have taken it to another level. With so much mercantile thinking and prioritizing money collection over everything else, till how long will this community survive against a determined church? There is also an element of stupidity and adult infantilism in blindly blaming BJP for everything. Looks like this anti-Hindu racket in Andhra is being given support by the Reddy caste. Bengal people were the same a few years ago.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Most BJP leaders in AP under house arrest prior go tomorrow Chalo Ramatheertam temple
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Now BJP will have to fight in a much harder manner. They have good number of workers and supporters. From this hard fight the new and more capable leadership may emerge.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

They will. The fact house arrest all BJPl eaders means Japan worries.

OTH, he let CBN make useless speeches.

Basically CBN is now a lizards tail in AP political scene.
Useless appendage.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Police have taken AP BJP Head Somu Virraju and others into custody. In fact he was dragged in the streets to police van. All is good for BJP. Soon it will be Hindus v/s EJs and CBN playing Sikhandi role trying to get Hindus vote for him and not BJP. Entire MSM is playing to his tune as usual.

Periyarvadi ideas are slowly being encouraged in AP also more now than every before. I am told Dalit EJs are now activated show BJP is anti Dalit party and so on.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Yagnasri wrote:Police have taken AP BJP Head Somu Virraju and others into custody. In fact he was dragged in the streets to police van. All is good for BJP. Soon it will be Hindus v/s EJs and CBN playing Sikhandi role trying to get Hindus vote for him and not BJP. Entire MSM is playing to his tune as usual.

Periyarvadi ideas are slowly being encouraged in AP also more now than every before. I am told Dalit EJs are now activated show BJP is anti Dalit party and so on.

The tirupathi MP bye-election will show how strong it is.. based on what I have been following, its not going to be that impactful. The state BJP president is not very dynamic or charismatic enough to inspire cadre like the TG state head. Plus TG has several young & good cross-over leaders from other parties who easily connect to masses + existing rural youth cadre. These days in TG, BJP is seen more like a communist party, with increasing mass base among poor & lower Hindu classes (including Dalits). In Andhra, its seen as a North Indian party, and still the fires of "special status" & "backstab" are being conveniently lit at opportune moments by both Jagan & TDP to control its growth. BJP should've roped in some senior congress leaders who were at odds w/ both Jagan & CBN, several years back.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

sanjayc wrote:^^ Greed has always been the bane of Hindus, but Andhra people seems to have taken it to another level. With so much mercantile thinking and prioritizing money collection over everything else, till how long will this community survive against a determined church? There is also an element of stupidity and adult infantilism in blindly blaming BJP for everything. Looks like this anti-Hindu racket in Andhra is being given support by the Reddy caste. Bengal people were the same a few years ago.

I am hearing reports from relatives that the situation in northern Andhra & Rayalaseema is particularly bad, and what we are hearing in media is only half the story. Pastors & Christians are apparently coming in small groups to temples & conducting prayer sessions within temples while Pujas are going on.. cops look the other way, nobody can touch them.. they are running amok.

It seems like a crusade against Pagans launched by Evangelical, protestant Christians - perhaps all these events already happened in tribal societies of Nagaland, Mizoram, several decades back. And they thought it was easy to replicate the same tactics in Andhra, as its no different from those NE tribal states, very deep identity w/ caste more than anything else and hence easy to manipulate.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

as expected, jagan is claiming a conspiracy against his govt and how active efforts are being made to destabilize it because he is implementing "good" policies for his people

In case he is sent to jail on many /any of the DA cases against him, he is preparing the ground and laying the landmines so that his wife retains power via the EJ network.

He seems to be following in mamtaz begum's communal and jehadi footsteps and using her playbook to keep opponents at bay.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Jagan is trying to talk to his supporters. But his supporters alone are not sufficient to win the next elections. He need to get a large number of Hindus vote and that would be (hopefully) a problem if these attacks. People may not eat up for CTs when you are in power and yet could not control the situation.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

In Andhra everything is seen through CT lens. TDP base has even more senseless personal hatred towards Modi/Shah (not BJP per se) than YSRCP as they attribute CBNs loss to Modi. They will come up with any kind of ridiculous CTs because of their hatred. TDP base CT is BJP is behind all this in cohorts with YSRCP. Jagan Reddy/VijaySai Reddy and Modi/Shah are doing this together as part of a plan to remove Ashok gajapati raju from his post and confiscate all temple lands.

YSRCP base CT is TDP is behind all this as they want to defame Jagan govt and BJP is helping them to gain political mileage.

Either way, BJP is the culprit according to both parties supporters. And people in this forum think AP people will wise up and fight against EJs ? Mercantile mentality is deep rooted in AP. Look at all the major EJ people and their networks in AP. Most of them converted upper castes (Reddy's, Kammas, Kapu's, Brahmins) who converted and started converting others for money/mercantile reasons.

AP reminds me a lot of last pagan generations of Roman empire . Infighting among Pagans , appeasement of EJs, no idea of EJ threat even when it is staring at the face, underestimating the hatred of EJs and newly converted towards their Pagan neighbors, Roman version of secular nehruvian ecosystem , its all there. This book is a must read to understand ongoing Christianization attempts of South India.

The Final Pagan Generation : Rome's Unexpected Path to Christianity
The Final Pagan Generation recounts the fascinating story of the lives and fortunes of the last Romans born before the Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity. Edward J. Watts traces their experiences of living through the fourth century’s dramatic religious and political changes, when heated confrontations saw the Christian establishment legislate against pagan practices as mobs attacked pagan holy sites and temples. The emperors who issued these laws, the imperial officials charged with implementing them, and the Christian perpetrators of religious violence were almost exclusively young men whose attitudes and actions contrasted markedly with those of the earlier generation, who shared neither their juniors’ interest in creating sharply defined religious identities nor their propensity for violent conflict. Watts examines why the "final pagan generation"―born to the old ways and the old world in which it seemed to everyone that religious practices would continue as they had for the past two thousand years―proved both unable to anticipate the changes that imperially sponsored Christianity produced and unwilling to resist them.
Last edited by Rony on 05 Jan 2021 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Bjp is not coming to power anytime soon in Andhra based on the interactions I had with my andra friends in Bangalore. The Reddy's see him like a god and others worship Chandrababu. Between I have a colleague called mubarak Reddy. How is that even possible?
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^^ I think BJP should stop catering to casteist fools and leave them to their own fate. Telugus can have all the caste they want.

Telugus are today where Bengalis were 20 years ago -- blind to the obvious, irrational hatred of Hindu leaders, too much regionalism ("outsiders v/s insiders"), and a hostile, genocidal religious ideology steadily creeping all around them. By the time Bengalis stopped smoking pot, their border districts became 65 percent Muslim majority. Now nothing left for them except to shift to refugee tents in Delhi in a few years, much like Kashmiri Pandits
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

kvraghav wrote:Bjp is not coming to power anytime soon in Andhra based on the interactions I had with my andra friends in Bangalore. The Reddy's see him like a god and others worship Chandrababu. Between I have a colleague called mubarak Reddy. How is that even possible?
The Reddys never give up their caste just like those in Goa - the Catholic Brahmins. When I lived in India I had a neighbor a reddy. He made sure when he named his sons they did not have Reddy as part of their names. Lo and behold now they have their own sons - they all are named Reddy! My friend managed to skip just one generation.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The Kerala Gelf Expat economy is coming apart due to Covid, potentially permanently. It has the potential to reshape many political structures in the state:
COVID-19 pandemic fallout: A third of Kerala expats who returned may not go back
Of over seven lakh emigrants who returned to Kerala from abroad due to the pandemic, about a third are unlikely to get a job in the state or go back soon. However, the state known for its large emigrant population, expects demand for its workers, especially first-level respondents like health care providers, to rise worldwide by 2022.

According to the state-run NORKA (Non Resident Keralites Affairs) department, more than seven lakh emigrants returned to the state as per the latest report of December 20, 2020. Of these, 4,50,000 came back because they lost their jobs. Most of the returnees are from West Asia, where the expat Kerala population is 1.89 million or 89.2% of the state’s total emigrants.

S Irudaya Rajan, professor at the Centre for Development Studies and an expert in migration studies, told FE that 40% of the nearly five lakh migrants who returned due to economic reasons are in the distressed category and unlikely to find a decent job in Kerala.

“Many have started going back, but it is slower than the normal migration seen in Kerala for the past few years. It is estimated that 30% will go back … nearly 30% migrants come back every year and settle in some job or trade. It is the remaining 40% who are in the distressed category,” he said.

“Most of them borrowed money for their return ticket and have taken loans to go abroad. Now they can’t find a job back in the state. These distressed migrants have lost everything, are likely to suffer the worst and need help,” he said.

The Kerala Chief Minister’s Office said the state has taken utmost care in catering to the needs of the returnees.

“Financial aid of Rs 5,000 has been provided to those who returned with a valid passport and job visa since January 1, 2020, and were unable to return due to the lockdown. A project called ‘Dream Kerala’ has been formulated to utilise the skills of returned migrants for the state’s development and employment generation,” CMO sources said.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

NIA files charge sheet in Kerala Gold Smuggling case.
The fourth accused turns approver.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

sanjayc wrote:^^ I think BJP should stop catering to casteist fools and leave them to their own fate. Telugus can have all the caste they want.

Telugus are today where Bengalis were 20 years ago -- blind to the obvious, irrational hatred of Hindu leaders, too much regionalism ("outsiders v/s insiders"), and a hostile, genocidal religious ideology steadily creeping all around them. By the time Bengalis stopped smoking pot, their border districts became 65 percent Muslim majority. Now nothing left for them except to shift to refugee tents in Delhi in a few years, much like Kashmiri Pandits
This is such a defeatist position and not how Shivaji or Gurus would’ve thought about it.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Rony wrote:In Andhra everything is seen through CT lens. TDP base has even more senseless personal hatred towards Modi/Shah (not BJP per se) than YSRCP as they attribute CBNs loss to Modi. They will come up with any kind of ridiculous CTs because of their hatred. TDP base CT is BJP is behind all this in cohorts with YSRCP. Jagan Reddy/VijaySai Reddy and Modi/Shah are doing this together as part of a plan to remove Ashok gajapati raju from his post and confiscate all temple lands.

YSRCP base CT is TDP is behind all this as they want to defame Jagan govt and BJP is helping them to gain political mileage.

Either way, BJP is the culprit according to both parties supporters. And people in this forum think AP people will wise up and fight against EJs ? Mercantile mentality is deep rooted in AP. Look at all the major EJ people and their networks in AP. Most of them converted upper castes (Reddy's, Kammas, Kapu's, Brahmins) who converted and started converting others for money/mercantile reasons.

AP reminds me a lot of last pagan generations of Roman empire . Infighting among Pagans , appeasement of EJs, no idea of EJ threat even when it is staring at the face, underestimating the hatred of EJs and newly converted towards their Pagan neighbors, Roman version of secular nehruvian ecosystem , its all there. This book is a must read to understand ongoing Christianization attempts of South India.

The Final Pagan Generation : Rome's Unexpected Path to Christianity
The Final Pagan Generation recounts the fascinating story of the lives and fortunes of the last Romans born before the Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity. Edward J. Watts traces their experiences of living through the fourth century’s dramatic religious and political changes, when heated confrontations saw the Christian establishment legislate against pagan practices as mobs attacked pagan holy sites and temples. The emperors who issued these laws, the imperial officials charged with implementing them, and the Christian perpetrators of religious violence were almost exclusively young men whose attitudes and actions contrasted markedly with those of the earlier generation, who shared neither their juniors’ interest in creating sharply defined religious identities nor their propensity for violent conflict. Watts examines why the "final pagan generation"―born to the old ways and the old world in which it seemed to everyone that religious practices would continue as they had for the past two thousand years―proved both unable to anticipate the changes that imperially sponsored Christianity produced and unwilling to resist them.

+ 1, good observations.. there is no attempt to stop the ongoing worsening situation, but to perpetually cry on Modi/Shah and dumb down the IQ of their followers.

When Pulwama attack happened, apparently Modi himself organized it and killed Indian soldiers for political gain
Balakot strikes - champion Paki version, IAF was lying under Modi's pressure, nobody got attacked and they simply destroyed a few trees
Amit Shah's car gets pelted with stones when he went to visit Tirumala temple - he attacked himself for sympathy votes
120-130+ Temples barbarically vandalized - BJP vandalizing them or playing political games with one of the regional parties

Bottomline - they are finding excuses to not stand up, face & correct the situation as either most of the state has converted or eager to do so.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Isn’t this very similar to Punjab where blame the Hindus and convert to rop is the mantra. Not to mention a deep desire to go to foreign. Telugu folks I’ve met are deeply religious but only for personal gains from God.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

I don't think Jagan despite being an EJ will so overtly target Hindu God statues now as his administration (already seen as EJ pasand) will be immediately pointed out to have facilitated this(he will probably do when he is in opposition though). It's like cutting his own nose himself and Jagan is a shrewd operator.

I dont understand this resistance from few folks here. It appears I am in some RSS/VHP forum. I am here speaking on behalf agricultural communities here not against them - I am speaking for the majority of forumers not against them. And why is christianity/islam bought in repeatedly. There is a long tradition among us andhras to criticize caste esp priesthood and hinduism. Rationalism found its strongest hold in vijayawada. In ancient andhra we were one of the first to embrace budhism before takiya by hinduism bought us down again. We can see this even in telugu movies made in 70s and 80s. For some reason the raise of BJP in 80s and 90s seem to have swamped all the nice rational thought we had.

And what is this blind hate against christianity or islam while most of us enjoying the fruits of their civilization. Hinduism wont give us anything other than humiliation and robbery - just keep in mind and watch the game :evil: .thats all.
I am doing takiya because i posted facts about sivaji in a relevant thread opened by somebody else ? that is takiya? the real takiya has always been done by hindutvadi with their sweet words - special status, this and that, offering pujas never meant for us for money.

The real takiya was always done by hinduism. I used to debate before in bharat-rakshak forum - you have no idea how they talk their about us. Using all sorts of abusive name abouts Kammas, kapus etc. They even used to say NTR exploited hinduism by putting on krishna/rama roles. They genuinely beleive that Rama, Krishna are not gods of people like NTR.

In reality it was people like NTR who made these gods more popular in modern era. If our cinema industry put the same efforts in making movies about atheism, christianity, islam then reality would have been something else. But it is the same thing - take our work and then abuse us
^
This is the kind of g***u's parading in the garb of Hinduism we are dealing with in Andhra.

Forumites can easily see the "core" TDP thinking revealed in above two posts by a poster propounding core TDP ideology(posts culled somewhere from internet) .

Ergo core TDP has as much hatred for Hinduism as Jagan and his EJ gang.

From here the logical flow takes us to the fact that Sri Rama's vigraha decapitation was done by Christian converts most probably goaded/funded by TDP core naastikavaada caste strategists as both share the mutual hatered for Hinduism in AP and the latter can politically target EJ Jagan using this.

I fell down laughing when after this incident, EJ covert Chandrababu overnight dabbed himself in Hindutva's Bhagva colors while giving bashan against Jagan's EJ ness - as a tactical move dileneated by his core TDP naastikavaadi thinktank (which by nature anchors TDP's politics to be viciously antiHindu )
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

I have a classmate who is originally from Andhra but living in Telangana. He is a rabid anti-Modi and pro-AAP. He is a kamma caste. Now i understand what maybe driving his thought process.

In the current spate of temple attacks, I see it in two components - 1) A real underlying problem which is religiously motivated, 2) Possibly manufactured problem which is politically motivated.
I am afraid they may catch some hindu scapegoat and project it as bjp/rss conspiracy and subsequently whitewash or bury under the carpet the whole bigger issue.
Hindu orgs need to tread sensibly and carefully. Every attack need to be investigated separately and fully. Every culprit need to be punished.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Lilo wrote:
I dont understand this resistance from few folks here. It appears I am in some RSS/VHP forum
^
This is the kind of g***u's parading in the garb of Hinduism we are dealing with in Andhra.
To be fair, based on his whining that his kamma castiest forum appears to him as RSS/VHP forum, it looks like there are Kammas in that forum who are opposing and resisting his anti-Hindu views. That is a good thing.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

^^ Lilo ji.. CBN's speech was hilarious.. for a moment I thought it was some Sadhvi Rithambara or Yogi Adityanath speaking.. he indirectly accused Christians not to test patience of Hindus with temple attacks, accused Jagan of directly spearheading religious conversions & that the state also belongs to Hindus & Muslims (included for secularism, of course), not just Christians !!

Ya-allah.. what has AP come to !
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CBN is like Mahapadma Nanda after the fall of Magadha to Maurya forces.
He needs to renounce and retire but is unable to come to terms with that.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

As the time passes, I came to believe quite strongly that CBN is the worst thing that is happened to Telugu people in the last 100 years. Just like Rama Swamy Naikar to Tamil people. Funny thing is both the leaders a ideas roots in the remote and now largely forgotten Justice Party ideas.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Andhra has not been under conquest rule in the recent past like telangana has. That may explain why there is no anger in andhra. Or maybe andhra people are just culturally different than telangana people.

In my fathers village in nizamabad, middle aged women there organize these "ladies trip" every alternative year. I found out after I Iooked at their photo albums and found they have been to ayodhya, rishikesh and all these popular pilgrimage sites around India. They had been to shirdi too but never told me. I live in Mumbai and no women in my building has ever been to ayodhya. I then realized that these people in villages of telangana were more boldly religious than I could have imagined. Does this happen in andhra villages also?