2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

[quote="chetak"]is this( Republic TV and Arnab-Varoon) too right wing for our delicate Hindu sensibilities :mrgreen:

should this right be given up because the Hindu's are sickular

will this offend the mollycoddled and rapacious "minorities"

or is this simply too "nationalist" to even consider

or is this majoritarianism as defined by our self declared "minorities" who, BTW, are not defined as "minorities", or given such status anywhere else in the whole wide world

where exactly is "minority" defined in the Indian constitution :mrgreen: "

Republic TV, Wion and NewsX are nationalistic, passionate, and uncompromising. TimesNow is good for nationalism, but has been disgracing itself by its vicious attacks on Arnab Goswami recently. It's a nasty personal vendetta against someone who was once with TimesNow, but left in a huff to form his own channel. Jealousy plays a big role here, with Times Now and other channels. Doordarshan's Rajya Sabha TV is apolitically patriotic and nationalistic.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

habal wrote:this govt is a national embarassment, with just an ocassional fleeting moments of glory in taking on Chinese etc. Total mismanagement of farmers just going by optics alone, leaving them high & dry to fend for themselves in cold, inclement, rainy whether outdoors for more than 60 days is inhuman. So many gestures could have been made even if some of them were a bunch of khalistani-friendly lumpens like govt langars, loan melas at site, govt ministers addressing/hugging farmers at site etc. Totally ignored them and in meanwhile kept increasing fuel prices like clockwork so that even those who were profeessedly neutral in this whole issue would side with the protestors until they became openly khalistani.
I did not see a "/s" so i assume you are not being sarcastic ? How and why is it government's responsibility to provide food and shelter to a bunch of anarchists and violent thugs who took over national highways, blocked all highway entry and exit points to one of the largest cities in the world, and held the common citizenry and the government hostage for a bill which has been debated for over 2 decades and made an act by the parliament ? If anything the government has been incredibly tolerant even now when 300+ police personnel are in hospital with over 50 of them with severe injuries.

The rise in fuel prices has nothing to do with farm protests, please don't mix these two events. One is a political event fanned by India's enemies the other is a market adjustment as per the rise in international prices. If anything hope that the farm act stays so it may help bring down the long term food inflation which on nominal terms has averaged over 35% p.a. the last 15 yrs.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:
chetak wrote:is this( Republic TV and Arnab-Varoon) too right wing for our delicate Hindu sensibilities :mrgreen:

should this right be given up because the Hindu's are sickular

will this offend the mollycoddled and rapacious "minorities"

or is this simply too "nationalist" to even consider

or is this majoritarianism as defined by our self declared "minorities" who, BTW, are not defined as "minorities", or given such status anywhere else in the whole wide world

where exactly is "minority" defined in the Indian constitution :mrgreen: "

Republic TV, Wion and NewsX are nationalistic, passionate, and uncompromising. TimesNow is good for nationalism, but has been disgracing itself by its vicious attacks on Arnab Goswami recently. It's a nasty personal vendetta against someone who was once with TimesNow, but left in a huff to form his own channel. Jealousy plays a big role here, with Times Now and other channels. Doordarshan's Rajya Sabha TV is apolitically patriotic and nationalistic.
they have thrown Republic TV and arnab under the bus.

Wion is not overtly or even covertly anything.

times now is owned by aroooooon puuuurrrrrieeee.

check out his other channel "mirror now" to catch a whiff of the stench of aroooooon puuuurrrrrieeee's true flavor, intent and content of the sewage dished out every night and day. They had to move out a jihadi desert cult khatarpanthi anchor, faye d'souza, because they received a harsh ultimatum from a very prominent cabinet minister after she repeatedly crossed red lines, time and again, for almost a year running and she was getting more brazen as time passed.

now, just like burkha butt, she is also a youtuber or in some no name andu fundu channel with practically no audience

aroooooon puuuurrrrrieeee is a congi doormat and has been all his life.

times now has only temporarily masked aroon puuuurrrrrieeee's bias and intent because he does not have the testimonials to tackle MAD. He tried once and got pasted very badly and mauled savagely by the BJP top brass, that too in full public view, so he knows his aukat very well.

Montgomery's advice to troops ~ always take adequate precautions when seeking horizontal refreshments is very applicable with most media houses, some more than others. :mrgreen:

BTW, times now navika kumar was up to her fat neck in the radia tapes scam.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Isn't WION controlled by Zee?
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

How are fake TSP-run accounts like these still alive? Profile images are lifted from the web/SM. Followers are all from TSP.

https://twitter.com/jagvir1233/status/1 ... 7467674625
https://twitter.com/Deepkaur1234567/sta ... 9564034050
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

I am honestly sick and tired of SM/twit/Fb types.. specially reddit.. there was a highly upvoted post on reddit saying all street cams in NY and later Delhi will be identified and posted as GPS locations. I added "why not add china to that list" and I got booted out. honestly I think we need our own SM. I am even willing to sponsor some bits of it to until my heisiyat (to the best of my abilities - which may not be much, but a few hundred of us can make it happen)
Vidur
BRFite

Post by Vidur »

Dear all,

Its been a pleasure sharing views with you and I have learnt much. Hope I have been able to share some new knowledge and perspectives as well.

As I leave I would like share this fantastic video by Sanjay Dixit IAS. He is IAS 86, senior to me and retired as ACS Rajasthan in rank of Principal Secy after 35 years of service. One of the finest of the finest and one of the clearest thinkers I have come across. I share all his points and sentiments in this video. Do watch. With best wishes to all

https://youtu.be/j_LpEbAADpg
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan wrote:Isn't WION controlled by Zee?
I think so.

Palki is doing a really great job though.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vidur wrote:Dear all,

Its been a pleasure sharing views with you and I have learnt much. Hope I have been able to share some new knowledge and perspectives as well.

As I leave I would like share this fantastic video by Sanjay Dixit IAS. He is IAS 86, senior to me and retired as ACS Rajasthan in rank of Principal Secy after 35 years of service. One of the finest of the finest and one of the clearest thinkers I have come across. I share all his points and sentiments in this video. Do watch. With best wishes to all

Vidur ji

+108

I think that he has a daily YouTube video.

@ The Jaipur Dialogues on YouTube

one could also subscribe to his channel, if one so desired

he has written a few books too, all are highly recommended for sanatanis

his latest: (and his best, so far) on amazon

This book, Unbreaking India By Sanjay Dixit, talks about the politics done by Muslim leaders in the first half of the 20th century and the latest issues like removal of article 370 and introduction of CAA. This book talks about Kashmir in some detail.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

We too have learnt a lot from you. Much thanks for your valuable contribution and effort. Wish you all the best for your future endeavours.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

bharathp wrote:I am honestly sick and tired of SM/twit/Fb types.. specially reddit.. there was a highly upvoted post on reddit saying all street cams in NY and later Delhi will be identified and posted as GPS locations. I added "why not add china to that list" and I got booted out. honestly I think we need our own SM. I am even willing to sponsor some bits of it to until my heisiyat (to the best of my abilities - which may not be much, but a few hundred of us can make it happen)
Reddit indeed is a cesspool especially coupled with the fact that the "mods" there hold too much power and often shut down any conflicting views. subs like /r/worldnews, /r/india etc are notorious for having paki mods and ban anyone with even centrist views.

We do need our own SM but imo it's not about lack of money, it's about lack of adoption. Desi alternatives can't survive the competition with giants like fb, twit already there. Look how much Mixer struggled against established players like twitch and this despite being backed by billionaire org like Microsoft.

Microsoft is shutting down Mixer and partnering with Facebook Gaming
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Delhi violence: 2 farmer groups withdraw from protest, condemn R-Day chaos
Its slowly breaking apart; fear of reprisals and F.I.R. All are career politicians there to make gains.

Last edited by vimal on 28 Jan 2021 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^^^^^

Both are UP groups :mrgreen:
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Red Fort Breached | Split In Farmer Unions As Police Crackdown Begins | CRUX

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The state seems to have finally woken up from its long slumber :mrgreen:

TOI Delhi@TOIDelhi · 3h

Plan for march to #Parliament on Budget day on February 1 cancelled: Farmer leader Darshan Pal
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

chetak wrote:
Varoon Shekhar wrote:

check out his other channel "mirror now" to catch a whiff of the stench of aroooooon puuuurrrrrieeee's true flavor, intent and content of the sewage dished out every night and day. They had to move out a jihadi desert cult khatarpanthi anchor, faye d'souza, because they received a harsh ultimatum from a very prominent cabinet minister after she repeatedly crossed red lines, time and again, for almost a year running and she was getting more brazen as time passed.

now, just like burkha butt, she is also a youtuber or in some no name andu fundu channel with practically no audience

times now has only temporarily masked aroon puuuurrrrrieeee's bias and intent because he does not have the testimonials to tackle MAD. He tried once and got pasted very badly and mauled savagely by the BJP top brass, that too in full public view, so he knows his aukat very well.

Montgomery's advice to troops ~ always take adequate precautions when seeking horizontal refreshments is very applicable with most media houses, some more than others. :mrgreen:

Times Now is part of the Times Group and owned by the jain family. Vineet Jain is MD. Check out his Twitter bio:-

Mr. Feminist is famous for his holi parties.

--------------
Times --> Jain
Network18 --> Ambani
India Today Group --> KM Birla + Purie family
Hindu --> Kasturi family
Express --> Goenkas
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Man when we have some back stabbers amongst Hindus if there are some amongst Sikhs why are we surprised and start cussing them as if this phenomenon is exclusive to them ?

Republic day fiasco is a big time set back because a lot of people are up in angst against farmers, their unions and yoyo types. The biggest fall out of all this is people have stopped romanticizing about Kisan and Jai Kisan. When public will think practically Govt will be emboldened to take right course of action legislatively and legally.

Now these guys are left with two options:

1) Come back to table to continue talking and show significant flexibility to make progress. Repeating complete repealing of farm laws will hold no water with Govt and public now.

2) Get more violent in which case there will be further backlash.

Repeated public violence and civil unrest only pays off against dictators. Against democratically elected govt following democratic procedures of talking and discussions are only way forward. Violence will return diminishing returns eventually resulting in damaging the cause itself.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

[quote="Sumeet"]

1) Come back to table to continue talking and show significant flexibility to make progress. Repeating complete repealing of farm laws will hold no water with Govt and public now.

2) Get more violent in which case there will be further backlash.
/quote]

No more talks. if the govt is extending for talks with these groups, they are showing the other cheek
first let the farmers handover every guy who borke their agreement with the police. else the govt will catch them and their supporters.
until every person who went to red fort and the ramparts is not handed over and convicted, NO TALKS.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Vidur Saab,
you are sounding as if you are taking leave. please keep dropping by to share some pearls of wisdom in the bureaucracy so that we may also learn a lot more. After all, we need ideas on how to improve our shortcomings if any in the bureaucracy.

we do need some people from the govt to be here preferably retd that can bring in policy papers on how things can be implemented and bottleneck issues to be resolved.
Please do suggest if there are any such nationalistic folks around. Mr. Sanjay Dixit is doing good service and has branched out on his own. we could use people that are not on media in a big way yet. that will let us have some more time with their thoughts.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He is great guy. He is now with Jaipur Dialogs.
Also run by friends.
Shiv is there too.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ramana wrote:

He is great guy. He is now with Jaipur Dialogs.
Also run by friends.
Shiv is there too.
excellent
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

anmol wrote:
chetak wrote:

Times Now is part of the Times Group and owned by the jain family. Vineet Jain is MD. Check out his Twitter bio:-

Mr. Feminist is famous for his holi parties.

--------------
Times --> Jain
Network18 --> Ambani
India Today Group --> KM Birla + Purie family
Hindu --> Kasturi family
Express --> Goenkas
sorry got carried away.

still upset from yesterday. My bad.

the one in question is the India today group aroooooon puuuurrrrrieeee.

BTW, Sameet Thakkar was arrested and jailed multiple times just recently by the MVA govt in MAH in a crass bid to censor and intimidate him into silence when he spoke out against some MAH politicos

once, he got bail from the court in one "case" and when he came out of the court, he was immediately and vengefully rearrested in "another case" and incarcerated again
Sameet Thakkar @thakkar_sameet ·Apr 26, 2020

The first thing he did was that he apologise for his behaviour and said that he should not have said what he said that day & ask BJP leader to put it back & try to find ways so that the long relationship between network & party continues.
Sameet Thakkar@thakkar_sameet·Apr 26, 2020

BJP leader gave him time to hear his side . Aroon Purie said that He knows some of top management of his network has done wrong & malafied campaign against BJP which should not have happened in first place.
Sameet Thakkar@thakkar_sameet·Apr 26, 2020

Hear Aroon Purie said he his ready to Sack his GROUP NEWS DIRECTOR @supriyapd & will place newly appointed Managing Editor Tak Channels @milindkhandekar as the new GROUP NEWS DIRECTOR.
the media owners of times group and Hindustan times and also quite a few other large industrial houses have been in the congress cabal since the pre independence days and that continues even today. Their long affiliations are easy to track on the net.

If any media friendly towards the BJP today, it is only a matter of survival and not ideological or dharmic in nature

re holi or any other parties: it's all about horizontal refreshments :mrgreen: and many entities either plant the items on the refreshments menu or acquire the recordings. this is an age old practice started and continued by the commie lootyens cabals learned by apprenticeship with the russkies when they ruled the media roost in India

except possibly republic which needs to be nurtured and protected from the BIF leftist and congi/ncp/roper/roler gangs who have started to use the courts to foist dubious cases against the owner and the media staff and arrest them for one frivolous reason or the other, including using the MAH legislature to censure and summon goswami.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

X-posting from India US Thread

ACTION ALERT:

Hello all. Amazon Prime has a documentary series "Kashmir: The Story" that's produced by TimesNow Television. It's not perfect but it's a rare case of OUR side of the Kashmir conflict getting some air-time in the US media market (as opposed to relentless Pakistani and Islamist propaganda).

https://www.amazon.com/Kashmir-The-Story/dp/B0819XQY9R

As a result, Pakis and Chinese bots have begun to review-bomb it with downvotes. You know what to do. Please sign into your Amazon Account, visit the link, go to review/comment, and (1) give it a 5-star review (2) add a comment that is NOT confrontational or controversial-- that could get your review pulled (3) Check all the other positive reviews you see as "Helpful".
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

I watched it already. posted a review.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/sc-d ... 210127.htm
SC denies stay on arrest to Tandav team, issues notice to states
The Supreme Court Wednesday declined to grant interim protection from any coercive action to Ali Abbas Zafar, Director of web series Tandav, and others seeking quashing of first information reports (FIRs) against them for allegedly hurting religious sentiments of Hindus and issued notices Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and other states on their pleas.
Observing that 'freedom of speech and expression is not absolute' and is subject to restrictions, the top court said Zafar, Amazon Prime India head Aparna Purohit, producer Himanshu Mehra, the show's writer Gaurav Solanki and actor Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub may seek bail from courts concerned in the FIRs lodged in connection with the web series.

A bench comprising justices Ashok Bhushan, R Subhash Reddy and M R Shah, hearing as many as three separate petitions on behalf of the makers and others connected to the web series, issued notices to Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Bihar and Delhi and the police officers probing the complaints.
I hope they keep these scums all of this filth (Amazon Prime India head Aparna Purohit, producer Himanshu Mehra, the show's writer Gaurav Solanki) for 3 months in jail.

Once these scums are put in jail w/o bail, we can go after Twitter too. Those scums are also aiding and abetting in violence
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Rudradev wrote:X-posting from India US Thread

ACTION ALERT:

Hello all. Amazon Prime has a documentary series "Kashmir: The Story" that's produced by TimesNow Television. It's not perfect but it's a rare case of OUR side of the Kashmir conflict getting some air-time in the US media market (as opposed to relentless Pakistani and Islamist propaganda).

As a result, Pakis and Chinese bots have begun to review-bomb it with downvotes. You know what to do. Please sign into your Amazon Account, visit the link, go to review/comment, and (1) give it a 5-star review (2) add a comment that is NOT confrontational or controversial-- that could get your review pulled (3) Check all the other positive reviews you see as "Helpful".
Done!
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

Interesting perspective:

https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2021/01/sh ... erved-you/

"The same people who wrote, and spoke about how the CAA-NRC protests were a moment of unity among the Muslims have vanished in thin air. The politician who had torn down the copy of the bill in the Parliament did not even mention CAA-NRC as an important issue in any of his speeches during the Bihar elections last year.

None of the so-called politicians or celebrities cared to call on or visit the families of jailed activists. Rather, the politicians and celebrities who used Shaheen Bagh or JMI stages to enhance their popularity as champions of secularism and human rights have rarely mentioned the names of those jailed."

Conclusion:
Prima Facie, it appears all these protests are being fueled by career politicians who will move on to the next hot potato. There is no ideological staying power or desire to engage deeper with the malcontents. They're simply looking to see what will stick
Last edited by titash on 28 Jan 2021 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

Some of the posts in this thread attacking Modi and over-the-top crying are rather annoying. I am pretty sure that if any of these posters were in charge, India would have stopped existing 20 years ago. If we start treating every protestor as Pakistani or Chinese, we are not going to last very long. If shots were fired at Red Fort, probably the long term implications would have been far worse. Only parties that would have benefitted from it would have been our enemies.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Raja wrote:Some of the posts in this thread attacking Modi and over-the-top crying are rather annoying. I am pretty sure that if any of these posters were in charge, India would have stopped existing 20 years ago. If we start treating every protestor as Pakistani or Chinese, we are not going to last very long. If shots were fired at Red Fort, probably the long term implications would have been far worse. Only parties that would have benefitted from it would have been our enemies.
Well, they are not some random protestors.. hope we dont start being apologetic for their actions.

Once you draw out swords on police personnel, attempt to mow them down using your Barricade-buster tractors and finally go after the Rs. 2.5 crore award announced by a foreign funded Khalistani group to anyone who takes down Indian national flag and hoists their religious flag over red fort on the nation's republic day..

Its clear who they are - anti-nationals acting at the behest of enemy nations.

If it was any country, including their beloved Canada and Britain, there would be dozens of their corpses rotting in the sewers by now..
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Yeah but at the end of it their major demand is for the hard working people of India to feed them.

That flag incident to me is childish. Some monkey clambers up a pole knowing he won’t get shot. Bravery.

But I think it’s going to turn a lot of public opinion. It’s inevitable. I don’t watch much film or television. But I will be looking out for this Gul Panang to down vote her nautch. I think the students from these areas in Pune Bangalore etc may begin to find it difficult. I will understand if they are encouraged to go to their home states just as were KM.

The blunt truth is the haryanavis will get off easy but the Sikhs have precipitated a public relations disaster for themselves.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

V_Raman wrote:Such violence will only lead to more vote consolidation for BJP. Opposition is desperate for a stick similar to godhra - they are just not getting it. I agree it will get more brazen. 2 years will be spent on stabilizing and rollout of all these changes and economy. Next up is UCC - that will be close to elections - catch-22 for the BIF.
1000%, Sir.
I see many of the fence-sitters in my circle - they are now seething with anger seeing what has happened at Red Fort, and have taken the vow to vote for Lotus in the upcoming WB election. Now, many leftists in WB (the few remaining Chinese Apps who will be deleted duly in the upcoming WB election) are now squirming and squealing, saying that MAD inserted Khalistanis to defame the poor farmers. But people are now more resolved to delete these Chinese Apps.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

sanjaykumar wrote:Yeah but at the end of it their major demand is for the hard working people of India to feed them.

That flag incident to me is childish. Some monkey clambers up a pole knowing he won’t get shot. Bravery.

But I think it’s going to turn a lot of public opinion. It’s inevitable. I don’t watch much film or television. But I will be looking out for this Gul Panang to down vote her nautch. I think the students from these areas in Pune Bangalore etc may begin to find it difficult. I will understand if they are encouraged to go to their home states just as were KM.

The blunt truth is the haryanavis will get off easy but the Sikhs have precipitated a public relations disaster for themselves.
This is something I have the gravest fear of; this could very well turn out to be the "when a big tree falls moment" of this century. There are millions of middle class Sikhs working and living in various parts of the country and a few junkie sardar idiots have painted a cross-hair on the back of each of them. It won't be surprising if pissfuls and bifs try to exploit the situation and create mayhem by attacking or looting Sikh owned businesses or properties and then blaming it on Hindus. I really hope that HM is aware and takes precautionary measures to prevent any such incidents.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

It cannot be helped. I have personally interacted with a few Sikhs who are absolutely so sure about being right that any attempt to speak with them about the facts results in a fight.

One of them was at the shingi border on 26th from the morning and live streamed every thing. It was clear on that day that any attempt to reason with them is futile.

They hadn't read the laws. They don't care about other states. When pointed out that Bihar my state hadn't had APMC for nearly 15 years and we are doing quite well. They dismissed it totally.

This for all intents and purposes has turned into an expression of sikh superiority.

They will loose. But the aftermath will be ugly.
AdityaVM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AdityaVM »

Rudradev wrote:X-posting from India US Thread

ACTION ALERT:

Cant seem to review it with India based Prime accounts saar. I have tried.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Republic Day violence | Delhi Police name farmer leaders in FIRs
Medha Patkar seems to be one amongst the 'farmer leaders'. Seems to be the female version of Yogendra Yadav. From what I read in other news papers, central government wants the police investigations to be completed before having further discussions with the farmer broker gang. A side effect would be that the gang leaders of farmer brokers would not be in a convenient position to negotiate.

Farmers tractor rally: Centre to use iron fist to deal with violence. Yesterday night there were rumours that the farmer broker gang has started beating a hasty retreat back into Punjab from Singhu border as they felt that Delhi Police might seize their tractors etc. Perhaps some body from that area should get some videos made of the "beating hasty retreat ceremony" of the farmer brokers. Looks like with two gangs now coming out of the protests two border points (one on UP side?) would also be getting cleared.

The person who climbed up the flag pole and hoisted the Khalistani flag is also identified as one Jug Raj Singh r/o Taran Taran Dt, after his relatives bragged about the same. With such friends and relatives who needs enemies? :lol:.

As I see it on 28/01/2021; the protests of the farmer broker gang has been an all out waste of time of every one. GoI has not conceded on any thing, and there is only a temporary stay by Hon.SC for two months. All options for negotiations should be now through the Hon.SC appointed committee who are working in a time boxed manner of two months. Even though some incidents make patriots un easy; I consider that as a kind of old "ayurveda/village level medicine" which used to ensure that chicken poxes (which actually has the puss or things body wants to get rid off) all came up prominently on the body very quickly. The healing remedies are only started after that.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

^^They don’t seem to realise India can make them and break them. However that realization will dawn inevitably.

I had a very reasonable fellow tell me today the Indian government engineered the assault on the Lal Qilla.
He is a genuinely likeable pleasant person and I enjoy his company. But there is no reasoning with the type. I have used the term autism.
There needs a further analysis of the psychosocial basis of this autism.

I do not argue with them. I believe that deep down they have full knowledge of responsibility. It may be a self-deception to alleviate the stress of cognitive dissonance.

Thus terrorists are freedom fighters. Being on the dole from the Indian state is actually feeding the Indian people. Drunken brawling is only living life king size. Hard drugs are used in panjab but would be in other states if those people could afford them.
Running down unarmed police in a tractor is fighting for justice.

There is rationalization of everything an exculpatory explanation of everything. There is no point in any argument. One can’t really when the conclusion is inevitable. It is exactly like the neurobiology of conservatives. There is associated with conservatives a lack of critical reasoning that is strikingly similar.

It does not irritate me because I have learnt to expect no better.
Punjabi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Punjabi »

I think Government should give them a BIG dose of YogiTeeka (injection) that was administered to rioters, looters, violent gangsters in UP...do video image analysis, find these scumbags and seize their assets/property to pay for damage to public property, medical treatment of police... put it on non BIF media channels will instill fear in the minds of the regular joe schmoe rioters... enough of this damage to the country and get away with it...they are so used to getting away that a BIG YogiTeeka will make some of them come to their senses...we need to instill Fear of losing their livelihood...roti, kapda aur makan and tractor loss will make them think...
Government should announce a National Rioters Database and make it a public resource...
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Seize their assets where exactly ? The PJ congress government openly supports these terrorists and it was Amrinder Singh and his government who started the whole middlemen agitation. No, the only way for the government to punish the culprits is to wait and pick them one by one. Start with the two easy targets that retarded clown YoYa and Tikait.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

titash wrote:Interesting perspective:

https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2021/01/sh ... erved-you/

"The same people who wrote, and spoke about how the CAA-NRC protests were a moment of unity among the Muslims have vanished in thin air. The politician who had torn down the copy of the bill in the Parliament did not even mention CAA-NRC as an important issue in any of his speeches during the Bihar elections last year.

None of the so-called politicians or celebrities cared to call on or visit the families of jailed activists. Rather, the politicians and celebrities who used Shaheen Bagh or JMI stages to enhance their popularity as champions of secularism and human rights have rarely mentioned the names of those jailed."

Conclusion:
Prima Facie, it appears all these protests are being fueled by career politicians who will move on to the next hot potato. There is no ideological staying power or desire to engage deeper with the malcontents. They're simply looking to see what will stick
Interesting perspective Saar, but are we under any illusion that the politicians and eminent whatever who ever supported the protests, were doing with altrusitic intentions and fighting for justice? They had full knowledge of their actions even after knowing the contents of the bill and went to just support the quam with an intention to exact their pound of flesh. The Owaisis are trying to expand in other states and the bollywood personalities were all trying to promote their movies/ get back in the news.
The article is the usual trope of of something wrong, something bad in the bill although it doesn't specify what or how. Details are scant and emotional content is high.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Folks from Punjab and Haryana, I wanted to ask how are the local channels covering this? I mean the farmer protest for close to 60 days, whether govt is really going to take the lands of poor farmers and so on. that might explain some fear psychosis that seems to have gripped them that their lands will be taken by Ambani and Adani.
In the south of AP and TN most of the lcoal vernacular media blame any mess on Centre's doorstep. there is no logic, just the usual trope of Modi doesn't want the state to develop and compete with Gujarat - lot of reasons are covered in the AP, TG, TN and Kerala thread I believe.